PDA

View Full Version : Members who disappeared... never to be seen again

Chris_2k11
08-01-2011, 01:04
Whatever happened to the likes of Di Marco, Richie Lecturer, xCharliex, Abi, Jade, Rob etc. I'm sure theres more! I think its a shame when we lose members who were here from the start :(

Anymore you can think of?

Chloe O'brien
08-01-2011, 01:14
Who know's Chris maybe things have happened to them maybe it's just changes in their lives, but I miss Abi, DM, PB, Luna, Trinity, Ems and Debs.

Chris_2k11
08-01-2011, 01:18
I forgot about Ems! Oh times change :(

Chloe O'brien
08-01-2011, 01:21
They're probably all on facebook but I've not signed up yet. I will when I get the comp fixed right. Bryan as well I haven't spoken to him in months. I hope they're all alright.

Chris_2k11
08-01-2011, 01:28
Bryan's still around! Just don't post as much anymore

Chloe O'brien
08-01-2011, 01:30
Bryan's still around! Just don't post as much anymore

Well I'm going to kick his a$$ when I get a hold of him :D

Abbie
08-01-2011, 01:53
I remember DM and Abi disappearing all of a sudden, especially DM I swear I remember her posting loads and talking to us and then all of sudden nothing

I swear ems is on facebook cos I think I have her as a friend

I have to admit last year I kind stopped coming on here but I think Im back now

I miss PB!! although I swear months ago I had a pm from her but then I stopped coming on here so that didnt help

Chris_2k11
08-01-2011, 02:05
I love all the new members don't get me wrong but I think its nice to have some 'originals' :D

Chloe O'brien
08-01-2011, 02:15
I love all the new members don't get me wrong but I think its nice to have some 'originals' :D

I agree totally with you Chris. This year I've had some great banter with Tammy and Moonstorm and others but I also miss the original members of SB like Bryan, Abi, Ems and Debs to name a few because I was a newbie once and they responded to my post when I joined and they welcolmed me on here and I'd love to get in contact with them again. One of my happiest moments on here is when Luna invited me to meet up with her, Trin and Bossman Norman for coffee on Sunday afternoon.

JustJodi
08-01-2011, 02:19

Hey Chris what am I chopped liver LOL

Chris_2k11
08-01-2011, 02:37
I never forget you Jodi :wub:

Chloe O'brien
08-01-2011, 02:44
I never forget you Jodi :wub:

Jodi you are the matriarch of soapboardswithout you there is no SB.

Chris_2k11
08-01-2011, 03:08
lmao lets remember the 2005'ers :wub:

Chloe O'brien
08-01-2011, 03:21
Chris it's scary to believe that it will be six years in March since I joined here. I wasn't even a member on the bbc messageboard but I used to read the post. through the links I was directed to here I was so terrified of joining. I was convinced that no-one was would talk to me. I was so delighted when Bryan responded to my first post. I used to read the shoutbox convo and when I reached 150 posts I was so nervous. I said hi on shoutbox and asked to come in and Shiv, Debs, Ems and Jodi were like Hi come here and chat everyone was so lovley when I joined. So listen up all you newbies or shy members come and say hi. Everyone is so lovely on here you'll have a blast.

Abigail
08-01-2011, 11:30
Has anybody heard from Hannelene recently?

Abbie
08-01-2011, 13:23
Chris it's scary to believe that it will be six years in March since I joined here.

That is scary, 6 years on here and Ive gone through high school, GCSE's, college and A levels and now half way through my second year of uni

moonstorm
08-01-2011, 14:02
Actually Abbie, I was going to ask the same! She used to post all the time, then dropped off the end of the earth. It took me about a year to first post after joining, now you can't shut me up lol. Eeerr could someone please tell me where the last 6 years went?? I can't believe I have been a member for that long.Had some brilliant banter in 2010 so bring on 2011.

Trinity
08-01-2011, 16:25
I have started dropping in occasionally, I have been really busy what with working full time, part-time uni course, house, husband and teenage boys. I don't have much time for TV anymore, but I do still watch a few things like CSI, Desperate Housewives and Criminal Minds when there are new episodes on. I also really like art shows, there have been a few of those on recently.

I will also watch Dr Who when it starts back up, but I was really disappointed with the Christmas episode. Not enough Amy Pond!

Happy New Year and al the best for 2011!

Perdita
08-01-2011, 16:43

Happy New Year to you :)

Chris_2k11
08-01-2011, 21:54
lets not forget 'I_luv_dennis' :lol:

Abbie
08-01-2011, 23:49
who's that?

Chloe O'brien
09-01-2011, 00:47
I have started dropping in occasionally, I have been really busy what with working full time, part-time uni course, house, husband and teenage boys. I don't have much time for TV anymore, but I do still watch a few things like CSI, Desperate Housewives and Criminal Minds when there are new episodes on. I also really like art shows, there have been a few of those on recently.

I will also watch Dr Who when it starts back up, but I was really disappointed with the Christmas episode. Not enough Amy Pond!

See talk of the devil and they're sure to appear. :D Trin I have spent most of my Christmas break watching Criminal minds. Up to all hours watching living, new CSI's and NCIS also have new series. I too was disapointed with Dr Who Sorry Matt but you're no David Tennant. It's strange as there is no 24 to look forward too.

Debs
09-01-2011, 01:39
I'm still around, have been popping in quite a lot over the last week to read spoilers!
Must have been missing the place

Hope you are all ok, i'm gonna make more on an effort to post!

xxx

Katy
09-01-2011, 09:03
there were a lot from the olden days, it does seem a very long time ago now!

I think people like Di Marco, Abi, Rob went to uni, that could have something to do with it.

Kim
09-01-2011, 11:51
lets not forget 'I_luv_dennis' :lol:

I was going to say that! And feelingyellow, she never did reappear after she had problems logging in.

Trinity
09-01-2011, 15:09
See talk of the devil and they're sure to appear. :D Trin I have spent most of my Christmas break watching Criminal minds. Up to all hours watching living, new CSI's and NCIS also have new series. I too was disapointed with Dr Who Sorry Matt but you're no David Tennant. It's strange as there is no 24 to look forward too.

:D

I spent most of Christmas stressing out horrendously about my number one son who has just dropped out of uni.... God knows what he is going to do now, but he doesn't seem that keen to do anything.

I am currently writing two essays, one on Michael Faraday, and one on Edwin Muir's, The Horses. You will have guessed by my presence on soapboards that it is not going well. I got a one week extension due to the flu at Christmas too..

David Tennant was a spectacular doctor, he can show so much emotion in a really genuine way. I don't think we can blame Matt for the Christmas special, though. It seemed to be written to justify Katherine Jenkins singing. The plot itself wasn't bad, but the execution wasn't great. The Doctor and Amy do have a bit a chemistry, she makes him come to life, I think, and unlike David Tennant Matt cannot hold the show together on his own.

Although I miss 24, and it was one of the few things we used to watch together as a family, I am glad in a way that it isn't back - no time!

Siobhan
10-01-2011, 12:05
Wow.. welcome back Trin and Debs!! I have missed you both... maybe we will get a revival of the oldies coming back.. Love all you new guys, I just wish you could have been here when all the other guys were on this forum.. many a happy posting including the Rabbit post (which is still kept in gold)... so many fun and happy times

Jessie Wallace
10-01-2011, 20:45
I can't beleive you've all forgotten me, not that i've been anywhere, just don't really post now days! :)

Chloe O'brien
10-01-2011, 21:46
Dawniee darling we will just have to help you change all that and get you back to posting loads again. How's about you Trin and Debs joining the Matt Cardle/Sebastian Vettel fanclub. :D

Trinity
10-01-2011, 22:01
I am not too keen on Matt Cardigan.

Chloe O'brien
10-01-2011, 22:04
Oh Trinny don't be like that. He's gorgeous. Drooling over a couple of young fit men are just what you need to de-stress you. :D

alan45
10-01-2011, 23:35
I love all the new members don't get me wrong but I think its nice to have some 'originals' :DIm an Original

Trinity
11-01-2011, 06:40
Im an Original

The one and only, Alan.

JustJodi
11-01-2011, 09:25
Dawnie my love,, I do not think alot of us old timers have been posting much either ,, miss u sweetness :-)

Tori
11-01-2011, 17:42
That is scary, 6 years on here and Ive gone through high school, GCSE's, college and A levels and now half way through my second year of uni

Tell me about it; hadn't quite thought of it like that *shivers*

Kim
13-01-2011, 22:48

Me neither. Can't believe how long it's been.

JustJodi
14-01-2011, 01:13
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I have had 2 grand sons since I joined up :-P

parkerman
14-01-2011, 09:39
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I have had 2 grand sons since I joined up :-P

Snap!

Well, one grandson and one grandaughter.

Siobhan
14-01-2011, 10:10
Snap!

Well, one grandson and one grandaughter.

Oooh I wanna play this game.. since I join in Feb 2005 I have had a son, 5 grand nieces and 3 grand nephews

Katy
14-01-2011, 18:27
ill join in to, ive got my gcses, alevels, graduated from uni with a 2.1 law degree, lived away from home for 3 years and i survived!! and had my first proper job!

All quite boring!

DaVeyWaVey
14-01-2011, 18:55
I used to love the MSN quizzes. They were so much fun and brought people together :) I have a couple of you guys on Facebook, which is nice! I'll start posting on here a lot more in 2011 though :)

Jessie Wallace
14-01-2011, 19:56
I used to love the MSN quizzes. They were so much fun and brought people together :) I have a couple of you guys on Facebook, which is nice! I'll start posting on here a lot more in 2011 though :)

Oh yeh they were fun,fastest finger first! lol

Chloe O'brien
14-01-2011, 23:14
The MSN quizes were brilliant. Sunday night 8pm. Happy days.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
15-01-2011, 19:48
I miss feelingyellow! She made some amazing banners for me :)

Ahh so many memories when all the names are listed! I actually LOL'ed when I read "i_luv_dennis" haha! Funny times!

I would love to keep posting like I used to but feel like I have no time to do much anymore!..

Kim
19-01-2011, 19:49
I miss feelingyellow! She made some amazing banners for me :)

Ahh so many memories when all the names are listed! I actually LOL'ed when I read "i_luv_dennis" haha! Funny times!

I would love to keep posting like I used to but feel like I have no time to do much anymore!..

I can't believe I forgot to put you down as the old members! Shame on me! What are you up to now Spicy, uni?

.:SpIcYsPy:.
21-01-2011, 22:55
I can't believe I forgot to put you down as the old members! Shame on me! What are you up to now Spicy, uni?

Haha there's too many oldies to name.. No worries!

Yup, at uni now and also working whenever I can the rest of the time, so not much play time for me :(

You're at uni too right?

Kim
28-01-2011, 15:38
Haha there's too many oldies to name.. No worries!

Yup, at uni now and also working whenever I can the rest of the time, so not much play time for me :(

You're at uni too right?

Yeah. What course are you doing?

Finances are such a pain. Books for this semester cost £250 and we only had to buy for 4 out of 6 modules. You'll be better off for it in the long run; may have to get a job myself before long.

Abigail
28-01-2011, 19:13
Yeah. What course are you doing?

Finances are such a pain. Books for this semester cost £250 and we only had to buy for 4 out of 6 modules. You'll be better off for it in the long run; may have to get a job myself before long.

Your university library should have access to ebooks that are free to use as well as hard copies. Check your library databases or talk to a librarian. There's also a website where you can download 300 books for free without infringing copyright. I'm not sure if it covers every subject discipline, I will have a look later.

Chloe O'brien
28-01-2011, 22:31
Oh my what a difference 5 years make. When I joined here, Spicy, Kim and many others were still at school. Now they're all grown up at Uni and ready to face the big bad world. i'm sitting here chuckling remembering the Big Brother threads. We used to try and guess who were the younger and older members of SB playing which housemate depending on the time of day or night they were online. The younger members were never on late at night. Now it's a role reversal with the younger ones on late at night and the older members tucked up in bed shattered :lol:

Katy
29-01-2011, 10:12
i was rubbish at that big brother thing! i know it is so weird to think that i joined and i was at school, and now i have graduated and i have nearly entered the world of work!!

Luna
29-01-2011, 18:14
oooohhhh i feel so old reading this thread!!!

Everyone seems to have grown up :)

Hope everyone's well, been really busy recently moving house, starting uni working all the usual stuff. Like trin, dont have much time for tv at the mo :(

xxxx

Trinity
29-01-2011, 19:08
oooohhhh i feel so old reading this thread!!!

Everyone seems to have grown up :)

Hope everyone's well, been really busy recently moving house, starting uni working all the usual stuff. Like trin, dont have much time for tv at the mo :(

xxxx

Hey! Starting uni? What are you up to?? Nice to hear from you; you me Miz O'Brien and Norman (Spud) - Good times!

Chloe O'brien
29-01-2011, 21:07
i was rubbish at that big brother thing! i know it is so weird to think that i joined and i was at school, and now i have graduated and i have nearly entered the world of work!!

So was I :lol:

Hey! Starting uni? What are you up to?? Nice to hear from you; you me Miz O'Brien and Norman (Spud) - Good times!

Wow Luna you have been a busy bee, What you doing at Uni? Are you not at Virgin anymore? I remember that freezing Sunday afternoon at Livingston when we met up fondly. We need to meet up again.

Luna
29-01-2011, 21:50
Started a criminal justice degree in hamilton - loving it hating the homework lol

going back on monday after well over a month off for christmas :(

Still working at virgin just doing nights now

How is everyone else? Would be great to get another we catch up :)

Trinity
30-01-2011, 08:01
I am working full-time as a financial research administrator, plus I am doing an OU humanities degree part-time. I am aiming to do art history, and it is purely out of interest, so there isn't too much pressure. Lots of essays to write though :(

I am currently writing an essay on the invention of tradition in Ireland, I am trying to get a few words in before the Murray game come on - I can't spell Nole's surname!

I am in a book group, currently reading Room, and a gym/tennis club where I do not do anything like enough to justify the fees. Swithering about doing the Moonwalk in Edinburgh this summer too. Enjoying life, I would say, but not really watching much TV!

Abbie
08-07-2011, 22:04
Aww Ive just re- read this thread again and had an idea. Obviously the boards are quieter and its probably been so long since the shoutbox had loads of activitity as in a proper flowing conversation that lasts a couple of hours.

We should try to have some kind of reunion. I know there will be people who we cant get a hold of such as the ones who really have just dissappeared and never really popped back again. But it would just be nice for one day, or well just an evening where we have loads of members young and old to come on and have a good old chat- a cacth up of whats being going on and stuff. Ive been a member for 6 years and I just thought it would be really nice for us to attempt to something like this.

JustJodi
08-07-2011, 22:11
I am on line once in a while, I leave silly messages on the shout box,, a day or so later some one eventually answers me LOL.. Abbie I think that would be an awesome idea to have a reun ion,, good gosh I have been a member forever and a day LOL

Abbie
08-07-2011, 22:39
lol

I mean it doesnt take a lot of planning, well I say that but if we plan for day in advance so as many members can make it and they we contact everyone, It would just be reat to have everyone on here but more importantly at the same time for a big chat. Its been so long since loads of active members would be on here at the same time.

Perdita
08-07-2011, 22:42
If I can be here on that day, I certainly will be :)

moonstorm
09-07-2011, 08:44
That sounds like brilliant fun, count me in.

Trinity
09-07-2011, 08:45
Me too

Kim
11-07-2011, 14:53
Sounds good to me. Can't believe it has been 6 years since I joined this week.