PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Cage (new BB)

Perdita
27-11-2010, 06:13
Jonathan Ross is to host the new 'Big Brother'.

The legendary presenter - who quit his BBC chat show 'Friday Night With Jonathan Ross' earlier this year - and his company Hotsauce TV have signed a multi-million pound deal with 'Big Brother' creators Endemol to make a string of reality TV shows in the UK.

First in line will be 'Big Brother' replacement 'The Golden Cage', which follows a similar format to the long-running Channel 4 series and will see contestants move into a luxury villa and live millionaire lifestyles while competing against each other to win trips outside the house.

The hopefuls can be booted off either by the show's producers or by fellow "inmates" and the last person left will win the house and a huge cash prize, which grows over the course of the series.

Confirming the deal - which is thought to be around £10million - Jonathan told the Daily Star newspaper: "I am beyond excited to be working with the biggest and best production company in the world."

It comes after the controversial TV host recently admitted he was glad to have left the BBC.

He explained: "Ever since my last contract was announced - and it was a huge contact - I felt like there was a lot of pressure on me, a lot of negativity about it, and I felt kind of like, well, maybe I shouldn't be here?"

(C) BANG Media International