PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Duckworth

Perdita
26-11-2010, 19:59
Former Hollyoaks star Chris Fountain has been cast in Coronation Street, taking on the role of Tommy Duckworth.

Tommy - grandson of the late Jack and Vera and son of Terry - will make a shock return to the cobbles next March, more than ten years after he was last seen on screen.

As he arrives in Weatherfield, Tommy is in for a sad surprise as he is unaware of the fact that Jack has passed away.

According to the ITV soap's official website, Tommy has an eye for the ladies and soon finds himself accepted by the local community thanks to his "quick wit and easy charm".

Speaking of his new role, Fountain commented: "I'm delighted to be joining Coronation Street, especially as I'm playing a Duckworth. I'm looking forward to upholding one of the most celebrated names in soap. I can't wait to start filming in the New Year."

Meanwhile, Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson said: "I have long admired Chris, right back to his first appearance on our screens as a young boy in Red Production Company's Bob and Rose. He has the perfect balance of looks and charm and will, I am sure, create a brilliant successor to Jack. The ladies of Weatherfield had better watch out!"

Fountain will be the third actor to play the role of Tommy, following in the footsteps of Darryl Edwards and Joseph Aston, who portrayed the younger versions of the character.

Best known for appearing as Hollyoaks bad boy Justin Burton between 2003 and 2009, Fountain's other screen credits include Where The Heart Is, The Royal and Five Days.

alan45
26-11-2010, 21:46
The latest head to play The Duckworth Kid

http://i2.cdnds.net/10/47/soaps_hollyoaks_chris_fountain_generic.jpg

Dazzle
27-11-2010, 12:25
I can't believe little Tommy's all grown up already!

Ruffed_lemur
27-11-2010, 19:11
Not keen on Chris Fountain. Looks a bit old too for Tommy, but not sure how old he's supposed to be now? Doesn't seem long since he was just a little boy!

alan45
27-11-2010, 20:38
Tommy Duckworth would be 18 yrs old now. Chris Fountain is 23 in real life. Personally I would prefer to see Terry return. He would make a great double act with Traceyluv

tammyy2j
27-11-2010, 21:26
He was a great actor in Hollyoaks and he is easy on the peepers also

Chloe O'brien
27-11-2010, 22:22
Alright Alan. How long do you think it will take Kym Marsh to voice her opinion on Chris and how much she would like him as a toy boy for Michelle.

sean slater
07-12-2010, 12:55
I can only assume Tyrone will be staying for the long haul then. I was worried he might leave after Molly goes, cos he doesnt have any family left on the street. I really like Tyrone, so hope he doesnt go. He probs will be central to Tommy finding out about Jack and everything.

alan45
07-12-2010, 13:26
Alright Alan. How long do you think it will take Kym Marsh to voice her opinion on Chris and how much she would like him as a toy boy for Michelle.

Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has welcomed the news that Chris Fountain is to join the soap's cast in the New Year.

Last month, it was announced that Fountain had been cast in the role of Jack Duckworth's grandson Tommy, who will turn up on the cobbles in March.

Writing in her New magazine column, Marsh confirmed that she already knows the star because of the work he did on Hollyoaks with her fiancé Jamie Lomas.

The actress - who plays Michelle Connor - commented: "We're all pleased to welcome Chris Fountain to Corrie."

She added: "Chris was great as Justin Burton in Hollyoaks and I'm sure he'll be equally successful on Corrie. Jamie knows him well, so I've met him many times - he's a really nice guy."

Tommy will be unaware of Jack's recent passing when he arrives on screen in 2011.

More ravings from the unashamed self publicist that is Kym Marsh

Siobhan
07-12-2010, 13:50
oh shut up woman!!! seriously.. is there anything Kym doesn't have an opinion on?

tammyy2j
07-12-2010, 14:19
Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has welcomed the news that Chris Fountain is to join the soap's cast in the New Year.

Last month, it was announced that Fountain had been cast in the role of Jack Duckworth's grandson Tommy, who will turn up on the cobbles in March.

Writing in her New magazine column, Marsh confirmed that she already knows the star because of the work he did on Hollyoaks with her fiancé Jamie Lomas.

The actress - who plays Michelle Connor - commented: "We're all pleased to welcome Chris Fountain to Corrie."

She added: "Chris was great as Justin Burton in Hollyoaks and I'm sure he'll be equally successful on Corrie. Jamie knows him well, so I've met him many times - he's a really nice guy."

Tommy will be unaware of Jack's recent passing when he arrives on screen in 2011.

More ravings from the unashamed self publicist that is Kym Marsh

Kym probably had Jamie audition for the role didnt she say she wanted him in Corrie :p

alan45
07-12-2010, 15:53
oh shut up woman!!! seriously.. is there anything Kym doesn't have an opinion on?

I think we should start a new thread '' The Babblings of The Publicity Seeking Kym Marsh''

This pain in the ar$e seems to mhave an opinion on everything.

alan45
16-01-2011, 12:16
There's a Graeme Proctor-sized gap left to fill in Tina McIntyre's heart, once Craig Gazey leaves Coronation Street.

And there are rumblings that the sexy barmaid is set to find solace in the arms of newcomer Tommy Duckworth (Chris Fountain).

"Everyone loves Tina and Graeme's romance, but sparks will fly when Tommy arrives," a show insider told Inside Soap.

"It'll be very interesting to see if he takes after his dad Terry in being a real bad boy. He's certainly going to make a big impression on the cobbles," the source added.

There's trouble in Graeme and Tina's romantic paradise when one of Tina's friends moves into their flat, and the arrival of hunky Tommy - the grandson of the late Jack and Vera Duckworth - doesn't help things either.

The couple are to split up later this year, once Craig exits the soap, which leaves the door open for another blossoming romance.

Producer Phil Collinson has previously hinted: "Chris has the perfect balance of looks and charm and will, I am sure, create a brilliant successor to Jack. The ladies of Weatherfield had better watch out!"

tammyy2j
16-01-2011, 21:09
I think Tina should get back with David

alan45
16-01-2011, 21:11
I think Tina should get back with David

Too late. David is getting married to the horrible Kylie

Perdita
16-01-2011, 21:44
But we know it won't last long

tammyy2j
17-01-2011, 10:29
Why is anyone with Tina being put as the new Jack and Vera - no one will be like Jack and Vera imo

Chris_2k11
17-01-2011, 12:08
Too late. David is getting married to the horrible KylieWhat ? Kylie as in Becky's sister?!

tammyy2j
17-01-2011, 12:10
What ? Kylie as in Becky's sister?!

Yes it is posted here

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?109462-Becky-Gets-Sibling/page4

alan45
15-02-2011, 13:33
Coronation Street newcomer Chris Fountain filmed his first scenes for the soap yesterday.

The former Hollyoaks actor has joined the Weatherfield drama in the role of Tommy Duckworth, who is the grandson of the late Jack and Vera.

Writing on Twitter yesterday afternoon, Fountain confirmed that he had just completed his first day at the drama and had filmed scenes with Brooke Vincent, who plays troubled Sophie Webster.

He said: "Great first day filming @itvcorrie first scene with @BrookeLVincent was good, I like 'Tommy' already!!"

Later, the 23-year-old added: "Thanks to everyone wishing me luck in my new job, it's much appreciated! I'll probably be on screen some time mid-March."

When Fountain's casting was first announced in November, it was revealed that Tommy will receive a sad surprise upon his arrival in Weatherfield because he is unaware of the fact that Jack has passed away.

Subsequent scenes will apparently see him accepted into the community thanks to his "quick wit and easy charm".

tammyy2j
15-02-2011, 13:51
Does he move in with Tyrone? I'd like to see Ty have some fun

alan45
22-02-2011, 01:17
CORRIE'S Tommy Duckworth will keep up the family tradition when he flirts with FOUR leading ladies in his first episode back.
He even tries to chat up lesbians Sophie Webster and Sian Powers.

Tommy last appeared as a shy eight-year-old, played by child actor Joseph Aston.

Now 19, the cheeky chappie will be portrayed by ex-Hollyoaks hunk and 2008 Dancing on Ice star Chris Fountain, 23. He returns from a year's backpacking around the world next month looking for grandad Jack - and is devastated to learn he has died.

But he soon shows he's a ladies' man - just like Jack when he appeared in 1979 - by charming barmaid Tina McIntyre and Kylie Turner.

First Tommy flusters shop assistant Sophie before trying to chat up her lover Sian in the cafe. He asks her if she has a boyfriend, to which Sian cheekily replies: "Not exactly."

Sophie turns up and says to a shocked Tommy: "Do you mind letting go of my girlfriend's hand!"

He then upsets David Platt. by getting too close to his girlfriend Kylie, and Kevin Webster - with remarks about the mechanic's daughter Sophie.

But it's Tina who falls under his spell. Tommy persuades her to go to Tyrone's to watch a horror DVD - and she doesn't flinch when he puts his arm round her.

(c) The Sun

Perdita
17-03-2011, 15:01
Chris Fountain has insisted that his Coronation Street character Tommy Duckworth will not be a villain.

The former Hollyoaks actor was cast in the part late last year, following in the footsteps of Darryl Edwards and Joseph Aston, who portrayed the younger versions of the character.

As Tommy's father is bad boy Terry Duckworth, fans have speculated over whether the Weatherfield returnee could take after his dad.

However, in an interview with Soaplife, Fountain explained: "He is the son of Terry Duckworth but I don't think he's going to be as bad a character.

"He's more of a loveable rogue. He could be seen as quite smug and arrogant, but he's very charming. A real Jack the lad probably describes him best."

The star also confirmed reports that Tommy has an eye for the ladies, but added: "He doesn't make a good start. He tries it on with Sophie then with Sian. Later he sees them together and realises they're lesbians. But it's Tina who catches his eye."

Fountain makes his Coronation Street debut on March 28.

DS

lizann
17-03-2011, 20:08
CORRIE'S Tommy Duckworth will keep up the family tradition when he flirts with FOUR leading ladies in his first episode back.
He even tries to chat up lesbians Sophie Webster and Sian Powers.

Tommy last appeared as a shy eight-year-old, played by child actor Joseph Aston.

Now 19, the cheeky chappie will be portrayed by ex-Hollyoaks hunk and 2008 Dancing on Ice star Chris Fountain, 23. He returns from a year's backpacking around the world next month looking for grandad Jack - and is devastated to learn he has died.

But he soon shows he's a ladies' man - just like Jack when he appeared in 1979 - by charming barmaid Tina McIntyre and Kylie Turner.

First Tommy flusters shop assistant Sophie before trying to chat up her lover Sian in the cafe. He asks her if she has a boyfriend, to which Sian cheekily replies: "Not exactly."

Sophie turns up and says to a shocked Tommy: "Do you mind letting go of my girlfriend's hand!"

He then upsets David Platt. by getting too close to his girlfriend Kylie, and Kevin Webster - with remarks about the mechanic's daughter Sophie.

But it's Tina who falls under his spell. Tommy persuades her to go to Tyrone's to watch a horror DVD - and she doesn't flinch when he puts his arm round her.

(c) The Sun

David wont be happy

alan45
20-03-2011, 01:25
Former Hollyoaks star Chris Fountain makes his Coronation Street debut towards the end of the month, and his character Tommy Duckworth ruffles feathers on the cobbles from the very beginning.

Arriving at the garage looking for Tyrone, Tommy immediately ends up in an argument with a testy Kevin, who's not in the mood for visitors amid his ongoing divorce wars with Sally. Shortly afterwards, a cocky Tommy infuriates Kevin again by flirting with Sophie and Sian and expressing disappointment when he realises they're lesbians.

When Tommy finally comes face-to-face with Tyrone, he explains that he's been away backpacking and has arrived in Weatherfield to see his grandfather Jack. Taking him back to the house, Tyrone then faces the tricky task of telling Tommy that Jack has died, before offering him a place to stay for the time being.

As Tommy settles in over the next few days, he's bowled over when he meets Tina McIntyre and invites her back to the house for a drink.

Feeling isolated as Graeme and Xin spend more time together perfecting their wedding scam, Tina agrees to join Tommy and Tyrone for the evening. But will she fall for confident charmer Tommy?

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/11/550w_corrie_7567_4.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/11/550w_sunday_soap_20mar_corrie.jpg

Tommy Duckworth - last seen in 2000 with Joseph Aston in the part - makes his return on Monday, March 28. Tommy and Tina's scenes air on Thursday, March 31 at 8.30pm on ITV1.

Perdita
22-03-2011, 06:12
Chris Fountain makes his debut in Coronation Street next week, appearing in the role of Tommy Duckworth. Viewers last saw Tommy as a child character back in 2000, but Jack and Vera's grandson is now all grown up and ready to make his mark in Weatherfield as his charming and confident nature causes a stir on the cobbles. Tommy flirts with Sophie and Sian within minutes of his arrival on the street, but he soon has another local lady in his sights… Here, Chris chats to Digital Spy about joining Corrie and what's to come from Tommy.

When did you first hear about the role of Tommy?
"I think it was around September last year, when I had a call from my agent saying that she'd spoken to Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson and that he was interested in seeing me about a part. I didn't hear anything else for a couple of months after that and I was also up for a few other parts. My agent later spoke to Phil again and he was asking what I was up to, so she told him about the roles that I was up for and how I was quite close to getting them. Phil told her that he definitely wanted to see me over this part and that he'd get me up to the set straight away."

What happened next?
"I got a train up to Manchester and did a screen test. Then a couple of weeks later, they rang me up and told me that I'd got the part, which was great."

Did you always know that you were auditioning for a member of the Duckworth family, or was that only revealed to you later?
"Yeah, I always knew he was a Duckworth and I was also familiar with the character because I used to watch Coronation Street as a youngster, so I remembered how Jack and Vera would always be talking about 'our Tommy' and how he was the golden boy! So I always knew and the fact that he's a Duckworth is part of the reason why it's such an attractive role to play."

How was the character of Tommy first described to you?
"They described him as a cheeky chappy with a bit of swagger about him and also an eye for the ladies - and that for me was a selling point, really! I didn't get a full character breakdown until a couple of days before I started, so I learned later that he'd been busy travelling around the world and he's a bit of a free spirit. He's one of those loveable characters who can say something that's out of order but people still like him, just because he's Tommy. He's got a kind of charisma that borders on arrogance but doesn't quite cross over to that - he's quite a charming guy."

Tommy arrives on the street looking for Jack, doesn't he?
"Yeah, Tommy's been travelling around the world and he thinks that now is the time to go to see his granddad for a bit, maybe stay around in Weatherfield and see if there's any work in the area. But sadly, he's told by Tyrone that Jack is dead."

Do you think Tommy seems quite similar to Jack in some ways?
"Yeah, completely. When Jack first started he was all over the ladies on the street and, like Tommy, he was one of those characters who could say something that was really out of order, but people would say, 'Oh, it's just Jack'! Like Tommy, Jack was a bit of a loveable rogue."

As Tommy does have an eye for the ladies, could he become a love rat on the street, or is he more of a cheeky ladies' man?
"I'd say he's more of a cheeky ladies' man, to be honest. He doesn't seem like the kind of character who's going to go around making people upset or hurting people on purpose - he's just a bit of a heartbreaker, really! He's got all of the chat-up lines, he's got great banter and he's really confident when it comes to speaking to women. We'll see him get quite a lot of attention on the street."

Is it true that we'll see Tommy taking a shine to Tina McIntyre?
"Well, he takes a bit of a shine to everybody on the street! He chats up Sian, he chats up Sophie but then he definitely does take a bit of a shine to Tina when he meets her in the pub. Tina then spends an evening with Tyrone and Tommy at the Duckworths' house, watching a film."

How does Graeme feel about Tommy's interest in Tina?
"I don't think he's very happy! He sees Tina leaving Tommy's house after she's stayed over at the Duckworths' on that night. Nothing's happened and they've just watched a DVD together, but Graeme takes that the wrong way…"

As Tommy is staying with Tyrone, will that be a permanent arrangement and do they become close friends?
"I'm not sure if it's permanent just yet, but at the minute it's a place for him to stay while he's around on the street. But obviously Tyrone is the closest thing to family that Tommy has got on the street, so they bond straight away and Tommy becomes quite protective over Tyrone."

As the Duckworths are such an iconic part of Corrie's history, have you felt the pressure of continuing their legacy?
"Yeah, completely. Duckworth is one of the most celebrated and recognisable names in soap, so there is a pressure with coming in to play a member of the family. Especially as I'm coming straight in on my own to continue the name - it's not as if I'm coming in with a brother or family member, I'm literally coming in to take the whole name of the Duckworths myself. So I do feel quite a bit of pressure. I really hope that he'll be a liked character, because obviously the Duckworths were absolutely fantastic on the street - Jack and Vera were absolute legends, and Tommy's father Terry Duckworth is one of the all-time bad boys of soap. Coming in to take that name is a massive, massive deal and I'm trying to make sure that I do it justice."

Did you look back at any of Tommy's previous scenes to prepare for the role?
"I didn't, but it's funny because I actually know Joseph Aston, who played Tommy when he was younger - that was quite strange, it's a small world! But I don't think Tommy was that much of a character when he was younger and he definitely didn't have any of the traits or personality that he has now - he's grown up in Blackpool, been away travelling, evolved as a person and evolved as a character. So I don't think it would have really been beneficial for me to look back, but I did look into some of the history with him and his dad and what happened there."

As Tommy is still a teenager, has it been strange to play a character who's quite a bit younger than you?
"Not really. Justin on Hollyoaks was also younger than me. This is a little bit more of an age gap, but I think I can pull it off. If I give myself a shave I can definitely pass for 18 or 19."

As well as Tyrone and Tina, who have you been sharing a lot of screen time with?
"I've been spending a lot of time in the garage, so I've been working with Michael Le Vell who plays Kevin quite a bit. It's mainly been Tyrone, Tina and Kevin so far."

Have you had the chance to film any scenes with the older cast members yet, showing Tommy meeting Jack's friends?
"Not yet, but I haven't been filming for all that long so I've still only done a small portion of the scenes that I've got in the scripts. As of yet, I haven't had a chance to work with the older cast members but I'm looking forward to it and getting to know them. I'm probably going to be quite star-struck by people like Bill Roache and Barbara Knox!"

How welcoming have the Corrie cast been?
"They've been absolutely unbelievable. I can't stress how welcoming everyone's been, and it's not just the cast - it's also the crew and even on my first day, the security woman at the gate said hello and welcomed me to Coronation Street. So everyone's been fantastic and I feel like I've been here for ages."

Were you friends with any of the cast before you joined?
"Yeah, I was friends with quite a lot of the cast. I know the majority of the younger cast quite well - people like Ryan Thomas, Sam Aston and I went to school with Jack P. Shepherd. I don't know the older cast very well, so I'm currently making friends with them and getting to know everyone else."

Would you like the producers to bring back Terry and explore the father-son relationship with Tommy at some point?
"Yeah, if Terry came back, I think it would cause fireworks between a lot of the characters. It would be nice to see how that would pan out, because obviously Tommy is completely different to Terry - he hasn't got so much of a temper and I don't think he's a nasty person. It would definitely be quite interesting to see what happened if Terry came back."

What's your reaction to your recent British Soap Awards nomination for Sexiest Male?
"I'm absolutely thrilled to bits - I've not even been on screen yet, so it's quite flattering to be up for Sexiest Male. It's great. A few people have asked me whether it would be quite an embarrassing award to win, but considering I haven't even been on screen yet, I'd take anything! (laughs) If it was Best Haircut, I'd take that as well!"

You had some really big storylines as Justin on Hollyoaks, so can we expect the same from Tommy?
"I hope so! The Hollyoaks storylines were some of the greatest ones that I've been involved in. It would be nice to get the same kind of storylines here, because this show gets so many more viewers than Hollyoaks. That's not me saying that Coronation Street is better than Hollyoaks, but just for the sheer volume of viewers that Coronation Street gets. The live episode last year got 15 million viewers, so for me to get the same kind of storylines I got at Hollyoaks would be great for me because there's so many more people watching who I can prove my ability as an actor to."

Do you still look back on Hollyoaks fondly?
"Yeah, completely. I had six absolutely wonderful years of my life there and all of the people there are just absolutely fantastic. I was so lucky with the character that I played because I was involved in pretty much every major storyline that happened while I was there. So I've got so many fond memories of Hollyoaks."

You did a lot of acting work in between leaving Hollyoaks and now, so has it been nice to prove yourself with other types of role before returning to the world of soap?
"Yeah, when I left Hollyoaks, it was a big world out there and there's obviously only so many jobs to go around for actors. But I was on stage in a play called Departure Lounge for a bit, which was really nice, then I did Five Days which was another different experience and then I did Casualty as well. But to come into such a big show as Coronation Street is obviously fantastic for me - it means that I'm back in regular work again and I love being busy. I just really love taking on a character and trying to make that character my own. It's a great opportunity to do that here."

Perdita
28-03-2011, 06:08
SPOOKILY enough, an ex-Dancing On Ice finalist shows up in tonight’s CORONATION STREET (ITV1, 7.30pm, 8.30pm).

It’s Chris Fountain, runner-up in 2008, who takes on the role of Tommy Duckworth, grandson to the dearly departed Jack and Vera.

And one of the first things his character encounters is Corrie’s unique brand of customer service.

First, Tommy finds himself short-changed by an ultra-grumpy Sophie in the corner shop.

And then, when he wanders over to the garage, he gets a typically warm welcome from Kevin. “Are you looking for something,” Kev grunts.

“Apart from a smack in the gob?” It’s a relief, then, when he finally bumps into the bloke he’s actually looking for.

“Am I glad to see you!” he tells Tyrone.

“I’m Tommy. Jack’s grandson. Is he about . . ?”

Daily Star

alan45
28-03-2011, 10:27
Tommy Duckworth returns to Coronation Street tonight, Monday 28th March.

Let's take a look back at Tommy Duckworth and remind ourselves who he is and where he belongs in the scheme of things on the Street. With thanks to corrie.net

Tommy Duckworth first appeared: 9 September 1992
Tommy Duckworth was born by caesarean whilst his father Terry was in Strangeways Prison for GBH. After spending a little time in Nº 9, Tommy and his mother Lisa moved back to her parents house in Blackpool. Lisa and Tommy came back to the Street in January 1993 to live with her lover, Des Barnes. Sadly, Lisa was knocked down by a car, and died on 12 February 1993.

Tommy's grandparents - Jack and Vera Duckworth - struggled to look after him. Vera gave up her job, but she looked forward to the end of the year when Terry would be released, and they could all rebuild their lives as one family. Unfortunately, Terry had other ideas, and on Christmas Eve 1993 he returned from the Hortons (Lisa's parents) in Blackpool without Tommy - he had SOLD his son to his in-laws !

Jack and Vera then saw Tommy regularly - they all went on holiday to a caravan in North Wales in May 1995 - but still missed him desperately. In June 1996, Terry appeared back in the Street with Tommy. The Hortons had failed to pay the £2,000 a year they had agreed to pay Terry for Tommy. Eventually the Hortons got him back by paying £10,000, and getting Terry to sign a document giving them total custody of Tommy until he is 18.

Actor Chris Fountain is the third actor to play Tommy Duckworth in Coronation Street. The other actors have been
Darryl Edwards (9 September 1992 - 1997) and Joseph Aston (2 July - 30 August 2000). Interestingly, Joseph Aston is the brother of Sam Aston who currently plays Chesney in Corrie. Their sister Emily has also been on Coronation Street too as Becky Palme

layla
28-03-2011, 15:19
Let hope Tommy like his Granddad. (lots of laugh with Jack over the years) If he is like Terry, then he's not going to be a very nice person.
Time will tell.

lizann
28-03-2011, 22:13
So far so good I liked his debut

alan45
04-04-2011, 11:32
Chris Fountain has predicted that Tommy Duckworth and Tina McIntyre will eventually become an item in Coronation Street.

Tommy quickly set his sights on Tina (Michelle Keegan) when he returned to Weatherfield last week, but the Rovers barmaid resisted his charms in order to stay faithful to boyfriend Graeme Proctor.

However, in an interview with Inside Soap, Fountain described his character as "a bit of a player" and tipped him to win over Tina before too long.

He explained: "While he's not great boyfriend material, I reckon Tommy and Tina will get together."

Graeme feared that Tina had slept with Tommy last week when he spotted her leaving the Duckworths' following an overnight stay. However, she reacted angrily to his suspicions as she had merely watched a film with Tommy, Tyrone and Kirk.

Craig Gazey, who plays Graeme, will depart Coronation Street later this year, leaving Tina without a boyfriend on the street. Michelle Keegan recently insisted that her character should stay single for a while following his exit.

Perdita
09-04-2011, 10:44
Chris Fountain has revealed if his Corrie character Tommy does manage to woo Tina, he doesn't think it will last.

The former Hollyoaks star has just joined the Street as jack-the-lad Tommy Duckworth and is currently trying to steal Tina McIntyre from boyfriend Graeme Proctor.

But Chris told Inside Soap: "Tommy seems like a bit of a player - he's been travelling and he's sampled the fruits!

"But while he's not great boyfriend material, I reckon Tommy and Tina will get together at some point, yeah."

His soap character might be a bit of a bad boy and ladies' man but the 23-year-old actor insists he isn't like Tommy.

Chris said: "Generally I'd say I'm not much like him. That said, I don't like getting into big arguments and would rather leave a room than row with someone, and so would Tommy.

"But if you press his buttons, he can be quite tetchy."

alan45
09-05-2011, 13:07
Chris Fountain has admitted that he is "very different" from his Coronation Street character Tommy Duckworth.

Since arriving on the cobbles earlier this year, Tommy has caused a stir by flirting with many of the locals - including Rovers barmaid Tina McIntyre, played by Michelle Keegan.

In an interview with Take It Easy, Fountain commented: "Tommy's great fun - he's a cheeky chap and he definitely has an eye for the ladies. He's completely different to anyone I've played before, so it's great to have that kind of banter and take a break from me."

Asked whether he shares similarities with the womaniser, the actor replied: "No, not at all. I'm definitely not a ladies' man. I'm very happy with my girlfriend! We're really very different people. I think he's a lot more boisterous and confident than me and he has all the chat-up lines."

This week's episodes of Corrie see Tommy start pursuing Sian Powers, despite being aware that she is a lesbian.

Fountain added: "Basically he fancies anything in a skirt, and since he's arrived he's pretty much tried it on with everyone. Now he's targeting Sian, the fact that she's a lesbian makes her even more of a challenge and he gets a kick out of thinking he can 'turn' her."

The star recently warned that Rosie Webster will want revenge after hearing about Tommy's attempts to woo her sister's girlfriend.

layla
09-05-2011, 14:25
Up to now I cannot see why they have brought him into the soap.

tammyy2j
09-05-2011, 16:12

I like his character

Perdita
09-05-2011, 17:15

Lets give his character a chance, I am sure he will have more prominent storylines soon for us to get to know him better

Perdita
29-06-2011, 11:33
CORRIE hunk Tommy Duckworth will pull out the stops to bed gorgeous Tina McIntyre when she moves in with him and Tyrone Dobbs.

The trainee mechanic (Chris Fountain) dresses up as top chef Marco Pierre White to win Tina's heart.

But Tina (Michelle Keegan) deals him a cruel blow, saying: "My knickers are totally out of bounds." :lol:

Undaunted, Tommy tells Tyrone: "She's playing hard to get.

"Wait until the irresistible Duckworth charm kicks in."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3665551/Tommy-Duckworth-tries-to-bed-Tina-McIntyre-in-Coronation-Street.html#ixzz1QeyHuzaz

alan45
29-06-2011, 14:06
CORRIE hunk Tommy Duckworth will pull out the stops to bed gorgeous Tina McIntyre when she moves in with him and Tyrone Dobbs.

The trainee mechanic (Chris Fountain) dresses up as top chef Marco Pierre White to win Tina's heart.

But Tina (Michelle Keegan) deals him a cruel blow, saying: \"My knickers are totally out of bounds.\" :lol:

Undaunted, Tommy tells Tyrone: \"She's playing hard to get.

\"Wait until the irresistible Duckworth charm kicks in.\"

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3665551/Tommy-Duckworth-tries-to-bed-Tina-McIntyre-in-Coronation-Street.html#ixzz1QeyHuzaz

Already posted http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?113882-Tina-to-be-new-Rovers-barmaid&p=751116#post751116

Perdita
29-06-2011, 14:28
Not the same post :)

tammyy2j
29-06-2011, 15:21

But Tina (Michelle Keegan) deals him a cruel blow, saying: \"My knickers are totally out of bounds.\" :lol:

Undaunted, Tommy tells Tyrone: \"She's playing hard to get.

\"Wait until the irresistible Duckworth charm kicks in.\"

Tyrone should try Tina

alan45
29-06-2011, 23:34
Not the same post :)
Yes it is. Mine was the condensed version from the same source

Perdita
10-08-2011, 14:44
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has predicted that his character Tommy Duckworth will have a wait on his hands before Tina McIntyre falls for his charms.

The pair have flirted since Tommy's arrival in Weatherfield earlier this year, but have not yet embarked on a relationship.

"Tina isn't giving it to him on a plate and he's kind of enjoying it," Fountain told TV Times. "They've tried a few dates, but it's all gone wrong. He's thinking, 'Hang on, is she actually interested or what?'"

Next week's episodes see events take a new twist for the pair when Tommy decides to make a surprise meal for Tina, who recently moved in with him and Tyrone.

However, Tommy may have missed his moment as local doctor Matt Carter (Oliver Mellor) tries his own luck with Tina on the same day.

"Tommy feels like he's stolen Tina from under his nose," Fountain continued. "While Tommy's cooking her a surprise meal, he's chatting her up in The Rovers. When Matt's around, Tommy is dead rude to him."

He added: "Tommy may have to lay off a bit while she's with Matt. I think it's going to be a slow burner."

Michelle Keegan, who plays Tina, recently admitted that she could not decide whether her character should pick Tommy or Matt.

alan45
12-01-2012, 00:39
Coronation Street's Tommy Duckworth has now been back on our screens for nearly a year, bringing a cheeky charm to the cobbles with his pursuit of Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) and loyalty to good friend Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall).

Chris Fountain, who plays Tommy, is now up for the 'Best Newcomer' prize at this year's National Television Awards, which will be determined by public votes as usual. The ceremony takes place in London on January 25.

As part of a series of NTA interviews, Digital Spy recently caught up with Chris to chat about his nomination and Tommy's current storylines.

How are you feeling about your NTA nomination for 'Best Newcomer'?
"It's fantastic to be in the running. Any recognition is great, whether it's being nominated or winning the award. I've spent a year at Coronation Street now and I think I've created a bit of a character in Tommy. It's a little bit strange to be nominated for 'Best Newcomer' considering I spent six years at Hollyoaks, but I'm a newcomer to Corrie which is what it's being judged and voted on."

What would it mean to you to win the award?
"It would be great. It would mean a lot to me to win the award. If I was to win 'Best Newcomer', it would show that the viewers like my character and they enjoy what I'm doing. That's what I strive to do every day at work - create a character that people can enjoy, relate to and be happy with."

What are you most proud of from your time at Corrie so far?
"I've really enjoyed being out and about on Coronation Street and actually creating the character of Tommy. It's not just about having a big storyline - it's about creating a personality for your character and creating different traits. That's been the main thing for me.

"From what I hear when I talk to people on the street, viewers seem to really enjoy the relationship that Tommy has got with Tyrone, and they also often ask whether he'll be getting with Tina. That shows that people must be interested in Tommy, which is good and makes me proud to be part of it."

You're up against Chelsea Halfpenny from Emmerdale and Jacqueline Jossa from EastEnders. What do you think of your competition?
"I think they're both great. I don't usually watch much soap apart from Coronation Street, but from what I've seen of those two, they're both great actresses. I definitely think they're equally deserving of being in the running."

Have you had much support from your Corrie co-stars over the nomination?
"Yeah, I've had quite a lot! A few people have been coming up and saying congratulations, and a few have been tweeting the link for people to vote for me as well. There's a few of us who are up for awards this year, so I think we're all hoping that Coronation Street as a whole can pick up some prizes."

Why do you think people should choose Corrie as the 'Best Serial Drama' this year?
"I think people should choose Corrie this year because I don't think the show got the recognition it deserved for the tram crash and all of the 50th anniversary stuff. On top of that, we've also been working extremely hard this year with storylines to compete with the tram crash, because obviously that was massive.

"Some of the stuff on screen at the moment is brilliant, like Peter Barlow and his affair. I think Coronation Street is definitely at the forefront as far as continuing drama goes, so I think it speaks for itself as to why it should be voted for."

Katherine Kelly and Alison King are Corrie's other two nominees (for 'Serial Drama Performance'), so are you supporting those two as well?
"Definitely. I think Katherine Kelly is absolutely fantastic, and so is Alison King! It's hard to say which one to vote for, really. I'd say vote for either - as long as Coronation Street wins an award, I don't really mind!"

Are you looking forward to the big night itself?
"Yeah definitely, the NTAs are always a really good night. I went last year with Coronation Street even though I hadn't started filming at that point. You get to see a lot of people who you wouldn't see at the normal Soap Awards, as the ceremony represents all aspects of television. It's really nice to see everyone and be a part of it. And to be nominated on top of that as part of the final three for 'Best Newcomer' is a big honour."

What's coming up for Tommy and Tina this year? There's been rumours that they'll be getting together…
"That'd be great news if it's true, but I haven't been told anything yet - no writers or producers have said that to me, so at the moment I'm genuinely not sure what's coming up for them myself. I think it would be great, but I'm not sure how it would happen.

"Obviously Tommy has laid it on the line a few times now, but Tina has turned him down. And there was the whole thing with Amber, where he upset Tina by mixing up his diary and having two dates on one night! We'll all just have to wait and see, I think."

Some people have been billing them as the next Jack and Vera in recent months! Does that add any pressure?
"People have compared Tommy and Tina to Jack and Vera, but I think there's a long way to go before we can carry that kind of torch. It's really flattering and a big compliment, though, as Jack and Vera were obviously one of the biggest couples in soap history. To say that we're similar to them is definitely a compliment."

What is it about Tina that stands out to Tommy above all the other ladies in Weatherfield?
"I think it's that Tina has played really hard to get. Before Tommy arrived in Coronation Street, I think he'd had his fair share of women and he was used to getting what he wanted. But Tina's not like that - she's really keeping him on his toes, and that's what's made Tommy fall for her. If they ever did get together, then I think Tina would definitely wear the trousers!"

If they did get together, would Tommy put his womanising days behind him and stay faithful to Tina?
"I'd like to think so! That's just based on my morals, but I suppose it just depends on what they write. I think Tommy has been trying for so long to get Tina that if they ever did get together, then he'd definitely stay faithful to her."

How does Tommy feel about the crazy Kirsty situation?
"At the moment, Tommy's a bit indifferent about the whole thing. On one hand, Tommy does agree that Kirsty is a bit strange and she's probably not good for Tyrone, but then on the other hand, he does stick up for her sometimes - because one of the main things that Tommy wants to see is Tyrone being happy.

"When Tina gets on her high horse, Tommy tries to calm her down and convince her that Kirsty isn't too bad. Deep down, Tommy knows that Kirsty isn't the right girl for Tyrone, but seeing him so happy with her makes him think otherwise."

Would there ever come a point where Tommy would step in and oppose Kirsty?
"I think if Kirsty ever did anything to really hurt Tyrone or Tina, then that'd be when Tommy would step in. I think he values their friendships a lot, so he'd definitely stick up for them."

Could Kirsty choose Tommy as her next target after she's finished messing with Tina?
"I hope not, because she's a bit strange, isn't she?! Tommy's definitely been lucky so far and I think that's why he's staying out of it - so she doesn't turn on him!"

How are you finding life at Corrie in general?
"It's been great. It's like I said when I joined and it hasn't changed - there's a fantastic bunch of people here. Not just the cast - everyone in the crew works really hard, and I think you can see that in the show itself. I'm having a great time, I'm enjoying playing the character and I'm looking forward to this year and what it might bring for Tommy."

Could Tommy get a big storyline of his own anytime soon?
"I haven't heard anything about future storylines, but as an actor, I'd certainly like to take Tommy somewhere and get him involved in a big storyline. I'd really like to show off what I can do. One of the reasons that I came to Coronation Street is to prove what I can do as an actor on a nationwide stage."

What would be a dream storyline for you to play as Tommy?
"It's always a difficult question to answer, but in the future, I'd quite like something that would show a different side to Tommy. Everyone sees him as a bit of a player, but it'd be nice to play something that's a bit more emotional and maybe have some of his past brought up. I'd like to test myself as an actor, as well as showing progression for Tommy."

alan45
23-01-2012, 10:56
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has backed the decision to give Tommy Duckworth and Tina McIntyre a slow-burn romance storyline.

Fountain's character Tommy has been interested in Tina for some time, but they have not yet embarked on a relationship.

Speaking to The Sun, the actor explained that uncertainty over their future has made fans more supportive of the pairing.

However, he also revealed that a kiss is on the cards for the characters in an upcoming episode.

Fountain commented: "They are getting together. I'm not sure if it will be true love or not. But considering how long it's taken Tommy to get hold of her, he'll probably stay faithful.

"Viewers want them to get together but have been kept waiting. The more Tommy and Tina play it out, the bigger the impact will be when it happens."

The 24-year-old also admitted that Coronation Street fans are always asking him about Michelle Keegan, who plays the role of Tina.

He said: "They are like, 'Have you brought Michelle with you?' And I have to explain that I don't keep her with me. I don't keep her in my bag in the car!"

Fountain is up for the 'Best Newcomer' prize at this year's National Television Awards, which take place in London on Wednesday.

Perdita
25-01-2012, 14:18
Coronation Street actress Michelle Keegan reckons Tommy Duckworth is the perfect man for her character, Tina McIntyre.

Tommy, played by former Hollyoaks star Chris Fountain, and Tina are set to finally get together after a long will-they-won't-they plotline.

Michelle told Heat magazine: "I think Tommy is the one for her. I'm glad the writers have done it in the way that they have and had Tommy in the show a year before he gets together with Tina.

"I think the audience have been able to make up their own minds about them and want them to be together."

Michelle, 24, also said she's not feeling nervous about the pair's first kissing scene.

"Tina has practically been through the whole cast now! And it's so not proper kissing. Not in the sense that it isn't a proper kiss, which it is, but in the sense that there are 30 people watching you and you're thinking about the way it's going to look on camera.

"It's a bit like, 'Ooh, just get on with it...When's dinner?'"

flappinfanny
25-01-2012, 14:29
lookey tina. tommy duckey is rather yummy. :-)

walsh2509
25-01-2012, 15:17
Can't see the point of TD , does nothing what so ever, going nowhere.

Katy
26-01-2012, 09:37
i was thinking that walsh as all he seems to do flit around in the background. He doesnt add anything. He needs a storyline and now just a getting together with a girl one! something proper!

Perdita
19-03-2012, 07:35
Coronation Street's Chris Fountain has confessed he leaves it until the very last minute to learn his lines.

The soap star - who plays Jack-the-lad Tommy Duckworth - told Inside Soap he doesn't like to go over his scripts too much in case it affects his performance.

Chris said: "Some people on Corrie like to have lots of time to run their lines, but that doesn't really work for me. I'm more of a last-minute crammer!

"When the script first comes through to me, I'll read it to find out what's happened.

"Then the next time I pick it up will be just before my scene. If I go over my lines too many times, I think it affects my performance."

The 24-year-old actor has lots of lines to cram at the moment as Tommy's dad Terry, played by Nigel Pivaro, has returned to the cobbles.

Chris said: "I'm really busy at the moment - I'm filming three weeks of stuff at once.

"I've got scenes with Michelle Keegan and Nigel Pivaro today. In one of them Tommy's really happy, in another he's quite upset and annoyed, and in the third he's just sitting in the pub having a drink.

"We shoot out of order, so it's quite hard to remember just where I've been in the previous scene."

alan45
27-03-2012, 20:02
With thanks to Inside Soap magazine this week, there are hints of storylines to come for Tommy Duckworth. As we might know already, Tommy and Tina are getting together. And Inside Soap say that Tommy comes into a windfall when his grandad Jeff Horton, dies.

The magazine says: "When Tommy finds out about inheriting the cash, he's shocked and he doesn't know what to do. He asks Tyrone for advice and he tells Tommy to spend it on something nice for him and Tina. But then Tommy turns up with a clapped-out camper van and announces that he wants to go travelling the world with Tina by his side."

Now then, my guess is that Jeff Horton's death will be what sparks the return of Tommy's dad, Terry Duckworth and that the only reason Terry will return is to either find out if Jeff has left him any money, or that he knows Jeff's estate has been left to Tommy and he comes back to Corrie to find the cash.

So, again I'm guessing here folks, could this cash then be what leads to Terry opening the lap-dancing club on Coronation Street? And if it is, does that mean Tommy and Terry go into business together?

This could be really interestng because the only person who knows what a horror Terry Duckworth can be is Tyrone. Let's hope that Tommy and Tyrone's friendship is such that Tommy follows whatever advice Tyrone gives him when he meets up with his dad for the first time since he was a baby.

alan45
05-04-2012, 10:20
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has praised the decision to finally unite his character Tommy Duckworth and Rovers barmaid Tina McIntyre.

The pair get together at last this week as Tina steps in to support Tommy when his grandfather Geoff passes away.

Fountain told Hot TV of the storyline: "Viewers will see that Tina really does care for Tommy. She sits him down and takes control of the situation.

"It really means a lot to Tommy and she goes to see his family with him in Blackpool, which is a big thing for him, and she is lovely to everyone. He respects that she has gone out of her way to help him like that."

He continued: "With his granddad dying, you see a different side to Tommy that I hadn't seen until now. It brings Tina and Tommy closer together and they have quite a lot of time to themselves, having conversations and not game playing.

"They are genuinely talking and I think that's what they need. I think it is a very good dynamic. We have a great rapport on set. We have spent a lot of time working together when Tommy and Tina were living at Tyrone's house, so it has built nicely on and off screen."

Tommy also has another big storyline on the way as his bad boy father Terry (Nigel Pivaro) will be returning to Weatherfield later this month.

alan45
09-05-2012, 05:40
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has predicted that viewers will empathise with Tommy Duckworth as his life spirals out of control in upcoming episodes.

Tommy is currently at the centre of a big week for the ITV1 soap as his dad Terry's debt crisis leads to danger for the Duckworths and Tina McIntyre.

Speaking on This Morning today (May 8), Fountain expressed excitement over his biggest storyline to date.

Fountain explained: "For the first year, I think the producers thought they'd just drip feed Tommy to the audience, just so that when anything did happen - like when he did get with Tina - they felt for him and did have some kind of empathy with what he was going through.

"It took him that long to get with Tina, and then up until a couple of weeks ago, everything was going fantastic for him. He'd got the girl, he'd inherited some money off his granddad and he was about to buy a flat. Then all of a sudden Terry turns up and just causes major problems, as Terry always does."

He continued: "It's hard. For Tommy, his dad's just turned up [and] he's got no other family. Although everyone's saying to him, 'This guy's bad news, you don't want to trust him', he's just clinging onto the fact that it's his dad and he's got no-one else except Tina."

Beyond this week's episodes, Tommy will find himself forced to carry out illegal activities for loan shark Rick Neelan to settle Terry's debts.

Fountain added: "I feel sorry for Tommy, because he's just trying to keep everyone happy. He's trying to keep his dad happy, he's trying to keep Tina happy, and now the loan sharks are turning up.

"Over the next few weeks, Tommy comes under so much pressure from every angle. He's having to tell lies and I think people are really going to feel for him."

Coronation Street continues tonight at 9pm on ITV1.

Perdita
09-05-2012, 14:25
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has warned that Tommy Duckworth will soon be "in really deep trouble" as he starts carrying out illegal activities.

Tommy is left confused next week as loan shark Rick Neelan orders him to get his job back at the garage. Later, the reason for this becomes clear as Rick forces Tommy to put drugs behind the door panels of a car which is dropped off at the business.

The storyline development comes as Rick continues to hound Tommy, wanting him to settle the debts of his wayward father Terry.

However, Fountain told Soaplife that Rick later puts pressure on Tommy to carry out more jobs.

The actor explained: "Tommy's horrified. He's never been around anything like this before and he's out of his depth. But he knows Rick means business and he has no choice.

"He doesn't tell [Tina] because he knows how much it would hurt her. It's a big deal, but he's blind to the consequences because he just wants to wipe the debt and get free of Rick.

"Tommy thinks it's just one job, but then he gets more and more jobs from Rick and he realises there's no release. It just keeps getting worse. Tommy ends up in really deep trouble."

Tommy starts working for Rick in episodes airing next week.

Perdita
10-05-2012, 13:28
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has revealed that his character Tommy Duckworth is still willing to forgive dad Terry after he discovers the truth about his girlfriend Tina's injuries.

Last night, viewers saw Tina fall and hit her head during a furious showdown with Terry. However, as Tina receives emergency medical treatment this evening (May 10), Terry tries to cover his tracks by telling Tommy that loan shark Rick Neelan is to blame.

Tommy does not discover the truth until Friday night's Coronation Street double bill, when the storyline reaches its climax.

Fountain told itv.com: "Terry being Terry, the rogue that he is, you find out at the end of this week that he's never had any regard for Tommy - he's never had any feelings for him and he's never had any intent of staying around and being his dad.

"After Tommy realises that it's Terry who's hurt Tina and not Rick, he's furious to start off with. But then he's still got that hope that his dad will stay around and be a part of his life."

The actor said that he can understand why Tommy has been fooled by his villainous father.

He explained: "Tommy's in a bit of a predicament, really. Obviously Tina's the love of his life and is the first girl he's fallen for. Yet his dad is his dad - it's a blood relationship and it's the only member of true family he's got left."

Discussing Tommy's ongoing struggles, he added: "Tommy's in a position he's never been in before. There's loan sharks, debts, money and people getting beaten up. He's not quite sure what's going on, but we've just got to see how he deals with it."

Coronation Street continues tonight at 9pm on ITV1.

Ruffed_lemur
11-05-2012, 16:35
Rather a rubbish storyline IMO. Too dark and depressing.

Perdita
24-05-2012, 10:00
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has revealed that he is pleased with his amount of recent big storylines.

The actor's character Tommy Duckworth has recently been involved in a new relationship with Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) and has got caught up in a drug-running plot following his father Terry's betrayal.

"At first, when I joined the cast, I thought, 'Oh, I'm not really doing that much'," he told The Sun.

"But looking back it's been great because they've spent that year building Tommy into the Street.

"Now, with big stuff happening to him, viewers care about him because they've got to know him a bit. For me it's really exciting because it's my opportunity to prove what I can do.

"It's something I can really get my teeth into and hopefully do the story justice."

Fountain also revealed that Keegan was actually fully dressed during their recent sex scenes, while he was stripped down to his boxers on set.

"Underneath the cover she was wearing tracksuit bottoms, her Ugg boots and a top. She just moved the straps down so her shoulders were naked. It definitely wasn't as romantic as it looked.

"Obviously Michelle is a gorgeous-looking girl — she's won 'Sexiest Female' for, like, ten years in a row. But I've got a girlfriend and Michelle's got a boyfriend and the kiss is not going to be real like that."

He added: "I've never kissed anyone on screen like I would kiss my girlfriend. On top of that you have the crew standing there and I'm in my boxers. It is a little bit odd but I've been acting a long time and I've had my fair share of screen kisses, so I really don't mind."

The actor is currently dating dancer Jessica Derrick, who lives in London while he is based in Manchester.

On his relationship, he said: "We see each other more than I expected and everything is fine. I miss her like crazy all the time. Recently I had a long day at work and afterwards I just wanted to get on the couch and cuddle up with her.

"But it does keep things fresh because when we do see each other it's fantastic and extra special. Me and Michelle are kind of in similar places because her boyfriend Max is always away.

"We spend a lot of time together at work but we don't really see each other socially. Jess and Michelle have met a few times and they get on but I've not met Max yet."

Perdita
29-07-2012, 07:46
CORRIE favourite Tommy Duckworth is lucky to escape alive after falling asleep at the wheel and smashing into a parked truck.

The mechanic (Chris Fountain) takes a second job delivering pizza in order to pay off the debts racked up by his dad, Terry.

But the exhausting schedule takes its toll on Tommy, and he ends up nodding off as he drives along.

And not only does it leave him injured, but he has a lot of explaining to do when a policeman sees the horror crash.

Tommy has grown increasingly desperate to pay off the cash his dad owes to loan shark Rick Neelan.

The scenes will be shown in a forthcoming episode of the ITV1 soap.

alan45
20-08-2012, 00:13

alan45
20-08-2012, 00:13
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has been pushed to the forefront of storylines in recent months, earning himself nominations for 'Best Actor' and 'Sexiest Male' at next month's Inside Soap Awards.

The 24-year-old's character Tommy Duckworth has even more turbulent times ahead in the coming days, as he finally discovers that best friend Tyrone Dobbs has become a victim of domestic violence in his relationship with Kirsty Soames.

Tommy is eager to help Tyrone after learning of the disturbing situation, but his rash actions end up making everything worse…

Digital Spy recently caught up with Chris to hear about Tommy's latest storyline and his Inside Soap nominations.

Congratulations on your nominations for 'Best Actor' and 'Sexiest Male' at the Inside Soap Awards. How does it feel to be in the running?
"I'm absolutely thrilled about it, to be honest. I've been really fortunate because I've been up for a few awards since I've been at Corrie. I've not won one yet, but I'm still hoping for some votes!"

Do you have a preference for which prize you'd rather win?
"I don't mind - a win is a win, really! It'd be nice to win 'Best Actor' because that's more of a prestigious award than 'Sexiest Male', but I'll take anything!"

Is there anything you'd say for why soap fans should be voting for all things Corrie this year?
"Well, we all work incredibly hard on what we do here at Corrie. I think that shows on screen, as there's been some absolutely fantastic stuff this year. The Tyrone and Kirsty storyline in particular seems to have really got the public talking. Because Tyrone is such a popular character, people are really feeling sorry for him when he's being treated so badly.

"On top of that, I think all of the storylines this year have been strong. If people want to vote for us, it'd be greatly appreciated by everyone at Coronation Street - from all of the cast to the producers."

You had a quiet first year on Corrie, but Tommy now seems to be getting bigger storylines. Has that felt like a big change for you at work?
"It's not a huge change, because even when I first started in Corrie and wasn't in a massive storyline, I was still very much part of the show and you'd often see me in and around the street - in The Rovers or in the garage. I've had a few quiet patches, but it's so full-on doing soaps, so sometimes it's nice to have a break every now and then.

"Having said that, I've really enjoyed all of the stuff after Terry came back - I think it's really introduced Tommy more as a character. I'm really pleased with how everything's going at the minute."

What was it like to film the Terry episodes, which were probably your biggest so far?
"They were great - it was fantastic to be involved in that story, because Terry has become a bit of an icon over the years at Corrie, so it was a big thing for him to be back in the show. With the Duckworth name being back in Corrie, there's always the possibility that he could crop up at any time!

"It was really fun to do, not just to be working with Nigel Pivaro and Michelle Keegan, but to have Tommy at the forefront of a storyline was really nice for me."

Later this week, Tommy finds out that Kirsty has been violent towards Tyrone. How does he react?
"Tommy is obviously gutted about this, especially as Tyrone hasn't told him. In a way Tommy feels bad, because he was the one who introduced the two of them and pushed them together in the first place!

"Tyrone is Tommy's best mate, so it's really difficult for Tommy to stand by and not be able to do anything about it. Tina orders Tommy not to say anything to Tyrone or anyone else, because it's a secret. But you'll see that Tommy blows his lid a little bit! Tommy hates Kirsty anyway, so this latest news really riles him up."

It doesn't take long for Tommy to confront Kirsty…
"Yeah, Tommy gives Kirsty a piece of his mind after he spots her arguing with Tyrone and Tina. He doesn't stop there, though - there's also a scene where Tommy goes into the pub and starts shouting at Kirsty in front of everyone. Tommy thinks that if he outs Kirsty in public, then Tyrone will have no choice but to admit what's been going on.

"However, rather than that happening, Tyrone then shouts to everyone in the pub about Tommy being involved with drug dealers at the garage - and how he was to blame for Rita being late for her wedding.

"Nobody believes Tommy when he says that Kirsty has been beating up Tyrone, especially considering that she's nine months pregnant. So the tables end up being turned on Tommy and Tina. They're being seen as the bad guys, when really they're just trying to help."

Is there anyone in particular who reacts badly to the drugs secret?
"Kevin has a real go at Tommy, because it was his garage where it was all going on. Jason also turns his nose up at Tommy a bit, even though they're mates. Tommy and Tina are a bit like outcasts for a bit - everyone thinks that they're just being spiteful and lying about Kirsty.

"Obviously that couldn't be further from the truth - all they're trying to do is help Tyrone. But he's having none of it and he's blind to everything that's going on, really."

Does this put a strain on Tommy and Tina's romance?
"They manage to keep a united front to an extent, but because of all the debt that Tommy's in, they're also having a really hard time of it at the moment. It does put a bit of a strain on them."

Tommy also loses his job at the garage due to all the drama. Will this be for good?
"I don't know - maybe! It could be permanent, but I don't know where it's going to go. I imagine that if Tyrone and Tommy do make friends again, he'll probably get his job back. But as of yet, it's not looking good!"

What does Tommy do next?
"Obviously he's gutted about losing his job, but he's well aware that he needs to keep paying Tyrone back, and make sure he has enough money to live on personally as well. So he starts work in a security job at a warehouse, as well as working as a pizza delivery boy."

Do you think Tommy and Tina are going to have a long-term future together?
"I'm not sure, but I think it would be nice as couples tend to split up all the time in soap, so it'd be good for them to have some sort of longevity. I do know that there's some really good stuff coming up for Tommy and Tina, but it just depends on how that pans out as to whether they stay together or not."

Away from Corrie, you've started studying again on a music course, haven't you?
"Yeah - music has always been a big part of my life. I've been DJing for the last six years, and I just got to the point where I wanted to start making my own music. I've been messing around for a couple of years now, but never took it ridiculously seriously, so I didn't learn a great deal until now.

"Musically I'm okay, but it's just a case of learning how to make it happen on a computer. So I've started a course at the Manchester MIDI School, which is two minutes away from the Corrie set. I'll be doing that for nine months."

How do you fit it in with your Corrie commitments?
"It usually works out okay, but it can be quite difficult sometimes. For example, in the past couple of weeks I've been on some night shoots, and my course is 7pm to 10pm twice a week. There are also times when I'm filming all day, and then have to take in a massive lecture on music theory afterwards! In general, though, it's worked out well and hasn't caused too many problems!"

Perdita
20-08-2012, 16:14
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has revealed that the Weatherfield locals will turn against his character Tommy Duckworth when he tries to expose Kirsty Soames's violent ways.

Tommy receives a shock later this week as he finally discovers that his best friend Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall) has become the victim of domestic violence in his relationship with Kirsty, who returns to screens on Thursday (August 23).

Unable to keep a lid on his own temper, Tommy later attempts to publicly shame Kirsty (Natalie Gumede) during an argument at the Rovers Return.

Fountain told Digital Spy: "Tommy thinks that if he outs Kirsty in public, then Tyrone will have no choice but to admit what's been going on.

"However, rather than that happening, Tyrone then shouts to everyone in the pub about Tommy being involved with drug dealers at the garage - and how he was to blame for Rita being late for her wedding.

"Nobody believes Tommy when he says that Kirsty has been beating up Tyrone, especially considering that she's nine months pregnant. So the tables end up being turned on Tommy and Tina. They're being seen as the bad guys, when really they're just trying to help."

He added: "Tommy and Tina are a bit like outcasts for a bit - everyone thinks that they're just being spiteful and lying about Kirsty. Obviously that couldn't be further from the truth - all they're trying to do is help Tyrone."

Kirsty is due to give birth in the next few weeks, with early reports suggesting that she goes into labour following a huge argument with Tina.

Meanwhile, Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson recently told Digital Spy that the domestic abuse storyline will run into 2013.

Perdita
20-08-2012, 16:15
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has revealed that the Weatherfield locals will turn against his character Tommy Duckworth when he tries to expose Kirsty Soames's violent ways.

Tommy receives a shock later this week as he finally discovers that his best friend Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall) has become the victim of domestic violence in his relationship with Kirsty, who returns to screens on Thursday (August 23).

Unable to keep a lid on his own temper, Tommy later attempts to publicly shame Kirsty (Natalie Gumede) during an argument at the Rovers Return.

Fountain told Digital Spy: "Tommy thinks that if he outs Kirsty in public, then Tyrone will have no choice but to admit what's been going on.

He added: "Tommy and Tina are a bit like outcasts for a bit - everyone thinks that they're just being spiteful and lying about Kirsty. Obviously that couldn't be further from the truth - all they're trying to do is help Tyrone."

Kirsty is due to give birth in the next few weeks, with early reports suggesting that she goes into labour following a huge argument with Tina.

Meanwhile, Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson recently told Digital Spy that the domestic abuse storyline will run into 2013.

Perdita
05-11-2012, 11:31
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has said that his character Tommy Duckworth is still "desperate" to patch things up with former best friend Tyrone Dobbs.

The pair had a huge falling-out a few weeks ago after Tommy decided to publicly reveal Tyrone's domestic violence ordeal at the Rovers Return.

Although nobody believed that Kirsty Soames (Natalie Gumede) was capable of beating up Tyrone (Alan Halsall), the subsequent rows saw the couple cut all ties with Tommy.

However, Fountain told itv.com: "Tommy misses Tyrone massively. Ty is the closest thing Tommy has got to having a brother, and there is a lot of history between them due to Tyrone's closeness to Jack and Vera.

"With everything that has gone on recently in Tommy's life, he really does not have any friends so Tommy would be desperate to get Tyrone back in his life."

Next week's episodes see Tommy pay a visit to Tyrone to make his latest debt repayment, having come into more cash thanks to Tina McIntyre's surrogacy deal. However, the atmosphere remains frosty between the old friends.

Fountain added: "When he goes to repay the money, you get the sense that Tommy would love nothing more than to sit down with Tyrone and have a great chat to him and share all his troubles, but this does not happen.

"Tyrone is very cold towards him and just takes the money and shuts the door on Tommy. He is left on his own on the doorstep."

Coronation Street airs Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays on ITV1.

Perdita
10-04-2013, 15:05
Chris Fountain has revealed that his character Tommy Duckworth will become "suspicious" of Gary Windass in future episodes.

Gary (Mikey North) is currently showing signs that he is developing feelings for Tina McIntyre, who is carrying a baby for him and Izzy Armstrong (Cherylee Houston).

Tommy is the first person to pick up on Gary's strange attitude around Tina, and although Gary tries to explain himself, Tommy remains uneasy.

Fountain told All About Soap: "There are a few things that happen, from snide remarks to conversations that make Tommy's ears prick up, and he starts to get a bit suspicious.

"At one point, Tommy's walking upstairs to the builder's yard and he overhears Gary and Tina talking about her and Tommy's break-up. Tommy can see that he's interrupted their chat and Gary looks genuinely annoyed. Tommy later finds out why he's so upset, but I'm not going to reveal what the real reason is!"

Tommy's concerns come just as he is starting to spend more time with Tina (Michelle Keegan) again following their split.

Asked whether this could be the start of something, Fountain replied: "I'd say so! They arrange a date and make sure they highlight that it's just as friends, but Tommy's clearly extremely excited about spending more time with Tina.

"They've been through so much together - I think that because of the way the romance has played out over a long time, it would be really nice if they were to get back together."

Fountain admitted that Tommy would even support Tina if she decided to keep Gary and Izzy's baby for herself.

He said: "I don't think he'd be very happy about it, but the chance to be with Tina would outweigh there being a kid around. I imagine he'll want to support her whatever happens when the baby arrives, but we'll have to wait and see what actually happens."

Coronation Street continues tonight (April 10) at 7.30pm on ITV.

Perdita
15-04-2013, 08:29
As Tommy questions whether Gary has feelings for Tina, is he right to be suspicious? Chris Fountain talks about Tommy's love for Tina and the drama ahead...
(Warning, this interview contains storyline spoilers)

Question: How is Tommy feeling at this stage about Tina’s surrogacy?

Answer: Tommy’s still quite bitter about it all. Deep down he knows she is doing this for him and he knows that a lot of it is his fault, but at the same time he’d rather get out of the debt himself. Tommy’s having a bit of a rough time with it all to be honest, he’s hung up over Tina still.

Q: Is Tommy starting to regret how he reacted to the surrogacy?

A: I don’t think so, because from the very start he was quite adamant that he didn’t want her to do it. I think he’s gutted he lost her over it, but he also knows he couldn’t have carried on.

Q: Can Tina and Tommy ever be just friends?

A: I think they could be just friends, but he would find it so difficult. She’s been the one since he arrived on the Street, she’s always been the one he wanted. I think if they had another go at it Tommy would definitely make a proper good go of it. I think they’re both a little more mature now and with everything they’ve been through they’ve had to grow up a lot.

Q: At what point does Tommy start to get suspicious of Gary’s intentions towards Tina?

A: There’s a few things that happen, from little conversations to snide remarks that are made. Tommy’s ears prick up and he starts to get a bit suspicious. At one point Tommy walks upstairs into the builder’s yard and overhears Gary and Tina talking about her and Tommy’s breakup. Tommy can see he’s interrupted their conversation and Gary looks genuinely annoyed with him for interrupting. Tommy really starts to hear alarm bells when Gary comes in with Tina’s dad’s ring that he’s managed to find for her after she had it robbed.

Q: Does he think Gary’s gone a bit over and above him by going to get the ring and trying to impress Tina?

A: Yes I think so. Gary and Izzy are together and the reason Tina agreed to do this was because they were a tight couple and really wanted a baby. I think Tommy’s starting to see that this is actually a tough situation for Gary to be in and the fact that Tina’s carrying his baby inevitably brings them closer together.

Q: Tommy and Tina start to spend more time together. Does he think this could be the start of something for them?

A: I’d say so. When they arrange to go out for dinner he does clarify that it would just be as mates but I think there’s also an undertone to his voice that makes it obvious he’s really excited about spending time with her.

Q: Will anyone ever compare to Tina in Tommy’s eyes?

A: Probably not no, because they’ve been through so much together. Tommy’s caused her so many problems as well! I think because of the way the romance has played out over such a long period of time it would be really nice if they were to get back together.

Q: Have you enjoyed this storyline?

A: I’ve had to get my head in the game and put myself in Tommy's position, so I had to think about how I’d feel if my girlfriend decided to have a baby for someone else before we’d had our own, and how it would feel when it came to us having our own child and it not being her first born. That’s quite hard to get your head round.

Q: How do you and Michelle Keegan, who plays Tina, get on?

A: We have a laugh on set, we are both idiots! She’s constantly singing and I’m always telling her she can’t sing! She’s awful!

Perdita
12-05-2013, 11:51
Coronation Street's Chris Fountain has said that Tommy Duckworth deserves an "easier ride" in the coming months.

Tommy is set to reunite with Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) after she gives birth to Izzy Armstrong and Gary Windass's baby.

Fountain said that it would be nice to see "the happy side" of their relationship, but admitted that he does enjoy filming dramatic scenes.

The couple split after Tommy refused to accept her plans to be a surrogate mother for Gary and Izzy. However, viewers have seen Tommy come to regret that decision in recent weeks.

He told PA: "They've had a little bit of happiness here and there, but it would be nice just to not have to have too much drama, although to be honest I love doing all the dramatic stuff as well, so it's fantastic when we get that, but yeah, it would be nice to see the happy side of Tommy and Tina's relationship."

The actor admitted that he isn't particularly excited about the prospect of filming scenes with a baby after Tina gives birth.

"I'm not really looking forward to having a real baby on set, because if they cry and stuff it's hard to film but no, it should be nice, and once we have a cute little baby on set I'll probably change my mind," he added.

Fountain also admitted that he would love to win the 'Sexiest Male' award at next week's British Soap Awards.

Perdita
28-05-2013, 05:50
Coronation Street regular Tommy Duckworth faces another big dilemma in upcoming episodes as Tina McIntyre tells him that she wants to keep Gary and Izzy's baby son.

Tommy is eager to reunite with Tina (Michelle Keegan) now that the surrogacy dramas seem to be nearing an end. However, when an emotional Tina decides that she wants to keep the child she carried for seven months, can Tommy bring himself to support her?

Here, Chris Fountain - who plays Tommy - gives his character's take on the latest storyline twist.

How are things between Tommy and Tina at the moment?
"Much better than they have been. Tommy is really thinking that things are getting back to the way they were and that Tina might be ready to take him back. It's not that simple obviously, but he is more hopeful than he has been in a long time."

How would you describe Tommy's feelings for Tina?
"Tommy is completely in love with Tina - for him there is no-one else. He knows he messed up losing her, but he just couldn't cope with everything. They had only just started their relationship when Terry turned up causing them all the debt and drug problems.

"Then Tina went into the surrogacy to get them out of that mess and he couldn't handle it, but being without her is not something Tommy really wants to contemplate."

After going through the birth together, could Tommy and Tina be brought closer again?
"Yes. They were getting closer anyway, but this experience is very moving, especially because of what has happened between Izzy and Gary, and Tina feeling worried about their relationship."

Does Tommy wish it was their own baby Tina was giving birth to?
"In the very early days before she went ahead with the surrogacy, Tommy had tried to tell Tina that he wanted children with her. Obviously it would be much less complicated if it was their baby, but Tommy is much more able to see clearly that the baby is nothing to do with him or Tina. To him, it's obvious as he is not emotionally attached."

Tina becomes concerned about the row between Gary and Izzy and whether they are fit to bring up the baby. Does Tommy share similar concerns?
"Well, Tommy was the one who first realised that Gary had feelings for Tina, so he is angry that this situation is now upsetting Tina. He is also starting to worry about what is going to happen with the baby if Gary and Izzy are not together. It's becoming obvious that it's not as simple as just handing the baby over now."

How worried is Tommy about Tina's obvious growing attachment to the baby?
"Tommy has always been worried that this would happen, even when Tina was first thinking about it. He was the one who thought much more about how she would cope with having to give the baby up, while she seemed to push those thoughts to one side as she was so intent on having the baby.

"Now that's it happening, Tommy is just determined to do the right thing by Tina, so he tells her that he will stand by her whatever she decides to do. He is obviously hoping she will make the right decision, but he has grown up a lot over the past year and is more mature so he isn't going to put a foot wrong."

Would Tommy really be prepared to bring up this baby with Tina?
"Yes I think he would be, but he would still want to try to persuade Tina that not only is it another man's baby, but it's not her baby either. They would lose the flat, they would have to pay back the money - there is such a lot at stake, not least taking a child off his biological parents.

"Tommy knows that Izzy and Gary are having problems, but he sees that as something they need to sort out and doesn't think that keeping the baby is the answer."

How have you been finding this storyline?
"It's great to be involved in such a big storyline, although we have been spending a lot of time in the hospital set! It's good to be working with Michelle again."

What response have you had from the public?
"The public just seem to want Tina and Tommy to get back together, so now that this is looking more likely, the response is great. People do seem to care about them as a couple."

What do you hope the future has in store for Tommy and Tina?
"I'd love to see them have a chance of making a go of it as a couple, but with Michelle due to leave next May, time is ticking on that!"

alan45
14-06-2013, 12:43
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has revealed that Tommy is torn over Tina's controversial baby decision.

Tommy and Tina have recently got back together and he has agreed to stand by her in bringing up baby Jake.

Speaking on ITV's Lorraine this morning (June 14), Fountain explained that Tommy knows the baby really belongs to Izzy and Gary.

He said: "It throws a massive spin on things and I think it's quite difficult for Tommy, really, because he knows what should be happening but at the same time he's just got back together with Tina and he doesn't want to lose her, so he's torn really.

"Now that Tina's starting to have feelings for the baby, he's recognising that it's wrong and she should probably be giving it back, but he doesn't want to leave her again."

Speaking about being involved in the surrogacy storyline, Fountain said: "It's strange because when they first told us about the storyline, I personally thought, 'This is a bit of a weird one, this!'

"Usually people can kind of relate to everything that's going on in Corrie, and obviously some people can relate to this, but it wasn't something I had any experience of. So yeah, it was a bit of a weird one."

Fountain also revealed that he thinks he will be involved in Tina's leaving storyline, following Michelle Keegan's decision to bow out of the show.

He said: "I don't know what's going to happen yet because it's nearly a year away when she leaves. I don't even think Michelle knows what's going on.

"It's interesting for me because I imagine I'll be involved in some way, so I'm looking forward to finding out what's going to happen.

"You never know, we might split up, we might go together. I don't know what's going on yet."

Perdita
24-06-2013, 16:16
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has revealed that his current storyline has made him think about having children in real life.

The actor's character Tommy Duckworth has recently been supporting girlfriend Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) following her decision to keep Jake, the baby she carried for Gary Windass and Izzy Armstrong.

Viewers will see the ongoing plot reach a conclusion this week as a final decision is made over Jake's future.

Speaking to TV Extra about working with a baby on set, Fountain explained: "It's hard but we've only been doing it for a little while. With such a tiny baby, putting all the tubes on when he was in the incubator would be quite stressful, so we tried not to use a real baby as much as we could.

"A baby would get distressed and cry, and we can't film when they're crying. But it's been really great when the little one has been here."

Asked whether the storyline has made him broody, he replied: "I think so, yes. You attach yourself to a character in certain ways and I genuinely do feel protective of Tina and Tommy, because it's taken them so long to get to where they are and you forget how young they are to be dealing with this.

"I feel protective of Layton, the baby we've been filming with. I'd definitely like to be a dad some day. Not yet though!"

Coronation Street continues tonight (June 24) at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Perdita
04-08-2013, 18:24
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has admitted that he is unsure whether he'll be offered a new contract when his deal is up next year.

The actor, who plays Tommy Duckworth in the ITV soap, explained that he would love his character to stay in Weatherfield when co-star Michelle Keegan bows out as Tommy's girlfriend Tina McIntyre.

"I'm contracted until February and then my three-year deal is up. We've not had any talks yet about what they have in store for me," Fountain told the Daily Star Sunday.

"I don't know if they will keep me, I'll have to wait and see but I would love to stay. I'm still loving the show. It's such a good group of people and I've been rammed lately with some amazing storylines.

"I think Michelle [leaves in] March, so I think if they were killing us both off together they would have already signed me up until March when Michelle leaves.

"I don't have a clue what happens or how she leaves. I don't think even Michelle knows. I imagine we will still be together when she leaves but whatever happens I'm sure she's going to have an exciting and dramatic exit which hopefully I will be involved in."

He added: "I would quite like Tommy to maybe go off the rails again a bit - I like playing bad characters."

Fountain revealed last month that his most recent storyline had made him think about having children in real life.

flappinfanny
04-08-2013, 22:43
i hope chris does stay in the street. a very good actor. :)

swmc66
16-08-2013, 10:22
what's going to happen now he is suspended? what was he thinking of when he acted so stupid? Really disappointing.

Perdita
16-08-2013, 11:31
Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has been suspended from the soap after filming a series of offensive rap videos.

The actor, who plays mechanic Tommy Duckworth, transformed himself into an alter ego named The Phantom in a number of amateur videos which were posted online. Show bosses have since launched an investigation into the footage.

Wearing a Halloween mask and surrounded by friends, Fountain delivered a number of obscene and expletive-filled rhymes, which included boasts of violence and rape.

The videos are thought to have been filmed quite some time ago, but Coronation Street bosses have taken action after The Sun newspaper alerted them to the footage.

A show spokesperson said: "ITV find the language used and the views expressed in this video totally unacceptable. Chris Fountain has been suspended pending further inquiries into this matter."

In a statement, Fountain added: "I would like to sincerely apologise for any offence I have caused. I am deeply ashamed by the lyrics and very much regret my behaviour. The videos were made over a year ago when I was experimenting with music and I've not done anything like it since and nor will I."

alan45
16-08-2013, 12:51
No big loss

Perdita
16-08-2013, 17:58
Coronation Street's Chris Fountain will appear in tonight's (August 16) episodes of the soap, an ITV spokesperson has confirmed to Digital Spy.

The actor - who plays Tommy Duckworth on the ITV soap - was suspended earlier today after it emerged that he filmed a series of offensive rap videos.

He transformed himself into an alter ego named The Phantom in a number of amateur videos which were posted online. Show bosses have since launched an investigation into the footage.

Wearing a Halloween mask and surrounded by friends, Fountain delivered a number of expletive-filled rhymes, which included boasts of violence and rape.

It is thought that Fountain will continue to appear in forthcoming episodes as he is currently involved in an important storyline with on-screen girlfriend Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan).

A show spokesperson said: "ITV find the language used and the views expressed in this video totally unacceptable. Chris Fountain has been suspended pending further inquiries into this matter."

In a statement, Fountain added: "I would like to sincerely apologise for any offence I have caused. I am deeply ashamed by the lyrics and very much regret my behaviour. The videos were made over a year ago when I was experimenting with music and I've not done anything like it since and nor will I."

Earlier this year, both Michael Le Vell and Bill Roache were edited out of episodes after child sex allegations were made against them. Neither has returned to the soap while investigations continue.

flappinfanny
16-08-2013, 19:11
at this rate there will be only simon left in the younger cast memebrs.

i'm not condoning what chris has done and yes he is a silly lad, but to be suspended. come on! ridiculous, trust the sun!

flappinfanny
16-08-2013, 19:11
at this rate there will be only simon left in the younger cast memebrs.

i'm not condoning what chris has done and yes he is a silly lad, but to be suspended. come on! ridiculous, trust the sun!

Perdita
17-08-2013, 19:01
is said to be meeting Coronation Street bosses on Monday (August 19), in order to persuade them to let him keep his job.

The actor, who plays Tommy Duckworth, has been suspended from the soap over a series of offensive rap videos posted on YouTube.

Fountain will reportedly have to explain his conduct to the show's executives following "negative publicity" for the soap and ITV, an insider claimed to The Sun.

The former Hollyoaks star is thought to be under contract with Coronation Street until February 2014.

Fountain filmed himself wearing a Halloween mask and delivered a number of obscene and expletive-filled rhymes, which included boasts of violence and rape.

He said in a statement: "I would like to sincerely apologise for any offence I have caused. I am deeply ashamed by the lyrics and very much regret my behaviour.

"The videos were made over a year ago when I was experimenting with music, and I've not done anything like it since and nor will I."

Confirming Fountain's suspension, a Coronation Street street spokesperson said on Friday (August 16): "ITV find the language used and the views expressed in this video totally unacceptable."

Perdita
17-08-2013, 19:01
Chris Fountain is said to be meeting Coronation Street bosses on Monday (August 19), in order to persuade them to let him keep his job.

The actor, who plays Tommy Duckworth, has been suspended from the soap over a series of offensive rap videos posted on YouTube.

Fountain will reportedly have to explain his conduct to the show's executives following "negative publicity" for the soap and ITV, an insider claimed to The Sun.

The former Hollyoaks star is thought to be under contract with Coronation Street until February 2014.

Fountain filmed himself wearing a Halloween mask and delivered a number of obscene and expletive-filled rhymes, which included boasts of violence and rape.

He said in a statement: "I would like to sincerely apologise for any offence I have caused. I am deeply ashamed by the lyrics and very much regret my behaviour.

"The videos were made over a year ago when I was experimenting with music, and I've not done anything like it since and nor will I."

Confirming Fountain's suspension, a Coronation Street street spokesperson said on Friday (August 16): "ITV find the language used and the views expressed in this video totally unacceptable."

Ruffed_lemur
18-08-2013, 16:46
I'm not a fan, but don't think they should sack him over this. He's probably popular with some ladies, and I don't think they can afford to lose too many characters.

swmc66
18-08-2013, 22:59
It was done a year ago. He was old enough to know right from wrong and knew what the risks were. Hence the mask I suppose.

Perdita
19-08-2013, 18:48
Chris Fountain has been sacked by Coronation Street.

The ITV soap chose to terminate the actor's contract after suspending him over a series of offensive rap videos posted online.

The actor - who played Tommy Duckworth - met with show bosses today (August 19) to discuss his future on the show following his suspension at the end of last week.

An ITV spokesman said: "Chris Fountain's contract with ITV has been terminated as a result of the unacceptable comments he made in a number of online clips."

Fountain had filmed himself wearing a Halloween mask and delivered a number of obscene and expletive-filled rhymes, which included boasts of violence and rape.

Following his suspension, he said in a statement: "I would like to sincerely apologise for any offence I have caused. I am deeply ashamed by the lyrics and very much regret my behaviour.

He has continued to appear on the show since news of his suspension broke, as he is currently involved in an important storyline with Michelle Keegan's character Tina McIntyre.

It is unclear whether scenes featuring him will continue to be broadcast following his dismissal.

lizann
19-08-2013, 18:50
will he get a quick rubbish exit now so?

swmc66
19-08-2013, 19:14
It has been very damaging for corrie as he was at the centre of a major storyline. All the rewriting of scripts and all the lost footage. How are they going to explain his exit.?

Perdita
19-08-2013, 21:14
Maybe Kevin asks him to go to Germany and work with him there as mechanic

flappinfanny
19-08-2013, 23:24
Maybe Kevin asks him to go to Germany and work with him there as mechanic

:) :):):)

i'm surprised at itv's decision.

there are many story's on the web concerning chris and certain cast members. for obvious reasons i won't repeat these. who knows whats true? i'm sure as we breath they are in the red tops and the editors are rubbing their grubby little hands. however itv could have a problem.

chris has been very silly and should be punished, but sacked?

i hope chris learns from this. he is a talented actor and i'm sure he will go onto better things in the future.

flappinfanny
19-08-2013, 23:24
===================duplicated post================================

Perdita
20-08-2013, 06:24
Coronation Street bosses have apparently already shot a scene to explain the sudden exit of Tommy Duckworth, played by Chris Fountain who was sacked yesterday (August 19).

The actor - who has starred as Tommy since 2011 - was fired by producers after offensive rap videos he posted online were deemed "unacceptable".

Fountain had filmed himself wearing a Halloween mask and delivered a number of obscene and expletive-filled rhymes, which included boasts of violence and rape.

In a statement released following his dismissal, he said: "I completely understand that ITV had no choice but to terminate my contract today. I have had two wonderful years playing Tommy Duckworth with only happy memories of my time on Coronation Street."

The soap has already shot a sequence which reveals Tommy's departure, according to the Daily Star.

The scene, added yesterday, explains that Tommy has flown away from Weatherfield following a fight with girlfriend Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan).

Tina arrives back at their flat when David Platt (Jack P Shepherd) tells her: "Tommy proper kicked off. He packed a bag and went off to the airport."

Perdita
20-08-2013, 06:34
Axed Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has issued a statement following the termination of his contract with the ITV soap.

Fountain was fired by producers after offensive rap videos he posted online were deemed "unacceptable".

He was suspended pending further investigation on Friday (August 16) and met with bosses today to discuss his future.

In a statement, Fountain said: "I completely understand that ITV had no choice but to terminate my contract today. I have had two wonderful years playing Tommy Duckworth with only happy memories of my time on Coronation Street.

"I am mortified that I have brought so much embarrassment to my colleagues and employers these last few days. My biggest regret however is not to do with losing my job, but that I have hurt and let down so many people including those in a vulnerable situation and I am so very deeply ashamed of this."

He continued: "I am also mortified to have put my mother, grandad and girlfriend through the last few days which they are hurt and bewildered by and so do not deserve. I am so sorry.

"The lyrics that appeared online were influenced by a style of hiphop that I was experimenting with at a private freestyle session and blurted out in a moment of madness.

"There is absolutely no excuse - I take complete responsibility for my actions - but they were in no way thought out or represent at all my attitude towards women, rape and violence.

"I just want to apologise from the bottom of my heart to everyone who I have offended or upset."

flappinfanny
20-08-2013, 18:28
although chris has been very silly, i am impressed with the way he has conducted himself since and hope he has a bright future.

tammyy2j
20-08-2013, 19:05
Pretty bad exit for him

tammyy2j
20-08-2013, 19:05
although chris has been very silly, i am impressed with the way he has conducted himself since and hope he has a bright future.

I wonder will he go back to Hollyoaks now

Perdita
20-08-2013, 19:09
He will probably find it rather difficult to get another role in a hurry

lizann
20-08-2013, 23:18
corrie should recast the role again

swmc66
20-08-2013, 23:56
I don't think his character was going anywhere after Tina's departure. I don't think there will be any reason for Terry to come back now. So this is the last of the Duckworths.

Perdita
21-08-2013, 09:11
Chris Fountain has been tipped to sign up for Celebrity Big Brother at the last minute.

The former Coronation Street actor is said to be wanted by Channel 5 bosses after his sacking from the ITV soap this week.

Fountain was fired by producers after offensive rap videos he posted online were deemed "unacceptable".

Last year, he had filmed himself wearing a Halloween mask and rapping several obscene and expletive-filled rhymes, including boasts of violence and rape.

Bookmakers are now offering bets for the actor to join the reality TV series, in order for him to explain his actions and repair his career, according to the Daily Star.

Coral is currently offering odds of just 4-1 for him to make an appearance.

Meanwhile, Fountain's fellow Coronation Street stars William Roache and Michael Le Vell - who are both facing sex abuse charges - are also allegedly wanted by Celebrity Big Brother bosses for future series.

Celebrity Big Brother returns on Thursday, August 22 at 9pm and Channel 5 has promised that the show will start with a "big twist".

Kim
21-08-2013, 12:41
I am surprised that they haven't cut his scenes out with immediate effect, as they did with Kevin's and Ken's. I was talking to my mum about this and we were wondering if they would film some scenes so that Tina and Tommy are written out together. The writers seem to love Tina I think so I think that they would want her to have a happy ending.

LizzyBizzy
21-08-2013, 19:59
Is he the second Tommy Duckworth? If so, can't they have another head transplant?

flappinfanny
22-08-2013, 00:13

i could see that as a possibility, perhaps later next year? i could see Chris fitting into say casaulty or holby.

it is probably more likely he will steer clear of tv for now and do a stint in the west end? i hope he steers clear of cbb or the jungle.

flappinfanny
22-08-2013, 00:13

i could see that as a possibility, perhaps later next year? i could see Chris fitting into say casaulty or holby.

it is probably more likely he will steer clear of tv for now and do a stint in the west end? i hope he steers clear of cbb or the jungle.

flappinfanny
22-08-2013, 00:14
Is he the second Tommy Duckworth? If so, can't they have another head transplant?

they did with tracey luv :)

flappinfanny
22-08-2013, 00:14

they did with tracey luv :)

tammyy2j
22-08-2013, 13:58
corrie should recast the role again

Yes that would be best, shame to lose the character completely

Kim
24-08-2013, 16:39
Yes that would be best, shame to lose the character completely

I agree. I fear that this won't be the case though, as an article reporting that Chris had been dismissed also said that writers were worried about how they would make the exit believable, suggesting that they are intending to write Tommy out rather than to recast him.

Perdita
24-08-2013, 16:51
Maybe they were referring to Chris's exit rather than the character, no need to lose Tommy Duckworth as character.

tammyy2j
26-08-2013, 15:33
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/334654/We-back-Chris-Fountain-Angry-Coronation-Street-stars-hit-out-at-rape-rap-actor-s-sacking

Half the cast of the ITV soap are livid that bosses sacked Fountain over his rape video rap.

They said his punishment did not fit the “crime” and want him to be reinstated.

But with a series of scandals leav-ing the show in crisis, the stars are reluctant to challenge the producers’ decision.

Insiders said morale had hit “rock bottom” since 25-year-old Fountain’s shock sacking.

The former Hollyoaks star was unmasked as a mystery rapper called The Phantom who posted videos on YouTube about rape and extreme violence.

Fountain made a public apology, insisting the raps were two years old and did not reflect his own views.

He claimed he had been merely playing a character, but bosses still axed him from his role as mechanic Tommy Duckworth.

The scandal has been a further blow to the soap as William Roache, 81, who plays Ken Barlow, and Michael Le Vell, 48, garage boss Kevin Webster, face trials on child sex charges.

And in June, a jury took just 29 minutes to clear former Corrie star Andrew Lancel, 43, who played factory boss Frank Foster, of five child sex charges.
One cast member told the Daily Star: “I’ve never known it as bad as this. Morale’s at rock bottom. Chris is a great lad who made a mistake, said sorry and was willing to do anything to put it right. But he wasn’t given the chance.

“Now everyone is looking over their shoulders and wondering who’s next in the firing line.

“No-one dare complain in case they’re out too.”

Ryan Thomas, 29, who plays Jason Grimshaw, tweeted his support for his pal Fountain after the rap row blew up.

But he later deleted the message.

Ryan’s brother Scott has since tweeted: “The guy has a heart of gold and has lost his job over a joke with mates! Disgusting.”

One source said: “In the past the producers and backroom team have been willing to protect the cast and help them smooth over any problems they may encounter. But that has gone now.”

Fountain has shut down his Twitter account and jetted off to a US arts festival in a bid to let the row die down.

tammyy2j
26-08-2013, 15:33

lizann
11-10-2022, 00:45
The 35-year-old actor feared for the rest of his life after being admitted to hospital following the incident which left him in ?sheer panic.?

Chris dialled 111 after waking up on a day in August and being unable to articulate his speech and he was told that brain clotting had caused him to suffer Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA), commonly referred to as a mini-stroke.

Chris Fountain