PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing 2011 *** may contain spoiler*******

Perdita
26-11-2010, 11:51
Barbara Windsor has admitted that she would consider an offer to appear on Strictly Come Dancing next year.

The former EastEnders actress, who is preparing to appear in panto this Christmas, told BBC's Breakfast programme that she had been invited to compete in the dancing series before.

"They've asked me several times," the 73-year-old revealed.

On whether she would follow her former co-stars including Scott Maslen and Kara Tointon onto the dancefloor, she added: "Maybe next year."

Chloe O'brien
26-11-2010, 12:07
Alan get your tickets booked for next year.

tammyy2j
26-11-2010, 16:02
Alan get your tickets booked for next year.

He could be her dance partner and drag her around like Anton and Anne :lol:

Chloe O'brien
27-11-2010, 22:55
I'lll give 10 for a Tango.

Perdita
02-02-2011, 06:07
THE One Show's Alex Jones is the first celebrity booked to appear on this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

The Welsh lass, 33, has wowed BBC bigwigs after replacing Christine Bleakley.

Now they want Alex to follow in her footsteps by raising her profile on Strictly.

A source said Alex's handling of co-host Jason Manford's sex-scandal resignation had won her admirers.

The insider said: "Alex has been a dream come true for The One Show.

"She held the whole thing together and everyone's grateful.

"Bosses think it's her time to shine."

The Sun

alan45
18-02-2011, 00:29
Anita Dobson has revealed that she has been approached to star on Strictly Come Dancing.

The actress, who portrayed EastEnders character Angie Watts, told the PA that she has not taken up the offer due to a fear of facing the judges.

Dobson explained: "I've been asked twice, but I don't want to go in front of the judges.

"I love dancing and I'd never say never, but I don't want all the pressure of being told that you're not doing very well and people don't like you! It becomes too personal."

She added: "If I could do it as a character, I'd do it in a nanosecond, but with Strictly, it's you under the spotlight, and I'm very private."

layla
14-03-2011, 16:55
We usually get an Eastenders and ex Corrie star. Will be exciting to see who come out the woodwork this year.

alan45
02-04-2011, 01:09
QUIZ show host Chris Tarrant is being head-hunted for this year's Strictly Come Dancing.
BBC1 producers would love to see the 64-year-old spray-tanned and poured into pink lycra in time for the September launch.

A source told TV Biz that the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? star would be "absolutely fabulous".

The source added: "He loves a laugh but he's full of opinions. He's top of the wish list and he's keen. Bosses want pretty actresses like last year's champion Kara Tointon, but it's characters like Chris who really make it."

Gorgeous Brit skier Chemmy Alcott, 28, is also on the verge of signing up after her Strictly dancer pal Brendan Cole put in a good word.

Chemmy is still on crutches after an 80mph skiing accident in December. But she's keen to get fit for Strictly and is eyeing a TV career.

Perdita
19-06-2011, 20:09
Robbie Savage is rumoured to have been approached to be a contestant in this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

The Welsh ex-footballer is reportedly a big fan of the series, and is hoping to be the first footballer to be crowned champion, according to the News of the World.

A source close to Savage said: "He wants to be the first footballer to win Strictly and nothing is going to stop him."

A BBC insider added: "Robbie is exactly what we want for Strictly – someone who will make waves.

"Every football fan in the country is going to want to see how ridiculous he looks wearing tight lycra and sequined outfits."

Savage co-hosts BBC Radio 5 Live's 606 show, and was awarded the Sony Radio Academy 'Rising Star' Award for his work in May. The award was chosen by members of the public.

Sir Geoff Hurst is another former footballer who has been tipped to appear in this year's series on BBC One.

tammyy2j
27-06-2011, 13:50
Pippa Middleton is reportedly being targeted by Strictly Come Dancing bosses who want to sign her up for the next series.

The younger sister of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge hit the headlines around the world when she served as maid of honour at the royal wedding in April.

According to The Sun, the BBC believe Middleton could help the show take on ITV's The X Factor in the ratings battle between the two.

"Pippa has become almost as famous as Kate since the wedding. It would be a huge coup to get her and give the show global appeal," a source told the paper.

A friend of the 27-year-old commented: "She's a bit overwhelmed by all the attention and considering her next move very carefully.

"She is conscious that her sister is going to be Queen one day and is determined not to do anything embarrassing."

The insider added: "But she loves Strictly and if she was sure her appearance would be handled correctly she'd be keen to slip into sequins."

Anita Dobson, Sir Geoff Hurst and Welsh footballer Robbie Savage are among the celebrities who have been tipped to compete in the new series.

Perdita
06-07-2011, 14:46
Zoe Ball is to take over from Claudia Winkleman as the host of BBC2's Strictly Come Dancing spin-off.

The former Strictly contestant and mother-of-two will take over fronting It Takes Two when the new series begins in the autumn.

Claudia, 39, had hosted the show - with behind the scenes interviews and gossip - since it began in 2004.

She is due to give birth to her third child weeks before the new series starts.

Zoe, 40, said: "I am quite literally beyond elation. There has been quite a hullabaloo at home with the news.

"I'm giddy with glee and I may even have slipped momentarily into a celebratory Cha Cha Cha, although technically not a very good one.

"Having been a contestant myself and having hosted the Strictly Come Dancing Tour, it would be fair to say I'm obsessed with the whole dance phenomenon.

"I love everything Strictly, from watching the partnerships blossom and bloom to the tricky footwork, the frocks and the shock exits, and of course the judges."

TV and radio presenter Zoe - who has two children with DJ husband Norman Cook, aka Fatboy Slim - competed in the show in 2005 with professional partner Ian Waite, coming third behind athlete Colin Jackson and cricketer Darren Gough.

LostVoodoo
06-07-2011, 18:51
totally the best choice

Perdita
30-07-2011, 10:28
The final of this year's Strictly Come Dancing will air in 3D, it has been announced.

BBC bosses are hoping to beat The X Factor following its panel change by bringing the action from Blackpool Tower Ballroom "into" viewers' living rooms.

Wembley Arena has also been hired for one of the live shows, four weeks before The X Factor hosts its final there. Proceeds from the 6,500 tickets will go to Children In Need.

Host Sir Bruce Forsyth said: "I'm delighted that we will be going to Wembley for this year's Strictly. I've always said our live audiences should be bigger and you can't get bigger than Wembley.

"I'm a bit doubtful of being in 3D because I've never been in 3D before. I hope my chin doesn't knock people off their sofas at home."

Danny Cohen, controller of BBC One, added: "These two special moments will see the drama, excitement and tension both for our celebrities and our audience go up another level. I'm sure this year's celebrities and their partners will rise to the challenge and put on the show of their lives."

Pippa Middleton, Miriam O'Reilly and Nancy Dell'Olio have been linked to this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

Perdita
13-08-2011, 11:42
Jason Donovan has reportedly signed up for the new series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The singer, who recently welcomed his third child, will star in the dancing competition when it returns to BBC One next month.

An insider told The Sun: "Jason is a great signing for Strictly. He still has a lot of fans from his days on Neighbours and his pop career, as well as new fans from his stage shows."

The source added that he is also close friends with new X Factor judge Gary Barlow, "so it will be interesting to see how their rivalry plays out".

Meanwhile, it has been alleged that the celebrities signing up for the show will not be paid a set fee this year, but instead earn more the longer they stay on the show. Donovan will make up to £100,000 if he reaches the Strictly Come Dancing final.

Other stars expected to take part in this year's Strictly Come Dancing are Sven-Goran Eriksson's ex Nancy Dell'Olio, One Show host Alex Jones and TV astrologer Russell Grant - should he recover from his back injury in time.

Nice job if you can get it

Chloe O'brien
14-08-2011, 01:10
I can't wait for Scrictly to come back,I miss Craig and Bruno.

Perdita
17-08-2011, 06:20
STRICTLY Come Dancing bosses are sexing up the show - by snaring Aussie stunner Holly Valance.
The Kiss Kiss singer, 28, will perform on the BBC1 series next month.

And she could be paired with hot new Siberian pro dancer Pasha Kovalev - although billionaire property developer boyfriend Nick Candy may not be too happy. Her signing will set up a battle of ex-Neighbours stars, with fellow Aussie Jason Donovan, 43, also taking part.

Holly played Flick Scully from 1999 to 2002. Jason was in the soap as Scott Robinson between 1986 and 1989.

An insider said: "Producers are thrilled they have got Holly as she will really spice up the show.

"They are planning to pair her with a hot pro in the hope sparks will fly."

Holly's first single Kiss Kiss hit No 1 in the UK. She has appeared in big US dramas including CSI: Miami, Entourage and Prison Break.

Others set to feature on Strictly include Sven Goran Eriksson's ex Nancy Dell'Olio, former footballer Robbie Savage and astrologer Russell Grant. Ex-Deputy PM John Prescott had to say no because he was busy.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/3756174/Holly-Valance-lined-up-for-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html

Perdita
01-09-2011, 21:53
Strictly Come Dancing will not clash with The X Factor this year, Danny Cohen has said.

The BBC One controller has ruled out any overlap between the two Saturday night reality shows, reports The Guardian.

Cohen told this year's MediaGuardian Edinburgh International Television Festival: "I'm not massively interested whether we beat it or not."

There was an uproar from fans when the two shows went head-to-head in 2009 while Jay Hunt headed BBC One, with the ratings for both channels hurt in the process.

Following criticism from BBC Trust chairman Michael Lyons, BBC One aired Strictly in an earlier slot to avoid The X Factor.

However, until now, the BBC had refused to rule out any further clashes.

Perdita
03-09-2011, 11:23
The reported lineup for this year's Strictly Come Dancing has been leaked to a newspaper.

Singer Lulu, Harry Judd from McFly and ex-Neighbours stars Jason Donovan and Holly Valance have all agreed to take part in the show, The Sun reports.

Other celebrities who have signed up for Strictly Come Dancing, which launches next Saturday, include Daybreak's sports presenter Dan Lobb, Waterloo Road actress Chelsee Healey and impressionist Rory Bremner.

Ex-EastEnders star Anita Dobson and Sven-Goran Eriksson's ex Nancy Dell'Olio have also joined the BBC One competition, as has astrologer Russell Grant after recovering from his back injury in time.

One Show presenter Alex Jones and former MP Edwina Currie complete the present lineup, with bosses still looking for two male stars to make the number of celebrities up to 14. Former boxer Audley Harrison is said to be one of the males in the running.

Judd won a Strictly Come Dancing Children In Need special last year with one of the show's professional dancers Ola Jordan. Producers are apparently considering pairing the couple again.

Speaking of the lineup, a source said: "Lulu is lots of fun and will bring in viewers who remember her from the Sixties - but also younger fans who know her from her duet with Take That on 'Relight My Fire'. Harry will tick the heartthrob box."

The BBC will officially confirm the Strictly Come Dancing lineup on The One Show on Tuesday.

Dolly Parton will perform on the series premiere of Strictly Come Dancing, which will not clash with The X Factor this year.

Perdita
07-09-2011, 04:50
The list of stars taking part in the ninth series of Strictly Come Dancing has been confirmed by the BBC.

Lulu, Jason Donovan and Holly Valance are among the celebrities who will be taking to the dancefloor in the coming weeks.

They will be joined by Waterloo Road star Chelsee Healey, comedian Rory Bremner and McFly member Harry Judd.

Other stars taking part in the competition include actress Anita Dobson, Nancy Dell'Olio, astrologer Russell Grant, TV presenter Daniel Lobb, former MP Edwina Currie and boxer Audley Harrison.

Completing the lineup are One Show host Alex Jones and former footballer Robbie Savage.

Returning to host the show are Sir Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly, while Claudia Winkleman will be back for the Sunday night results programme.

Meanwhile, the judging panel remains the same, with Len Goodman, Alesha Dixon, Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli all coming back to judge the celebrities.

This year's series of Strictly Come Dancing will include a live special from Wembley Arena in aid of Children In Need, while the finale will be broadcast in 3D from Blackpool's Tower Ballroom.

The Strictly Come Dancing hopefuls will find out who they'll be dancing with in the red carpet launch show, which will air on Saturday at 6.10pm on BBC One.

LostVoodoo
07-09-2011, 21:48
just to say, my SCD blog i write with my friend is back!

lizann
07-09-2011, 21:51
I thought Pippa Middelton and her mother was doing it guess they are not would love to see Will and Kate do it

layla
08-09-2011, 10:18
Looking forward to Strictly. The weeks ahead will be interesting.

megan999
08-09-2011, 16:57
The way that X Factor is going, SCD will beat it in the ratings hands down!

Chloe O'brien
08-09-2011, 19:49
Winter is coming. Strictly is back:cheer:

Abbie
09-09-2011, 01:56
When exactly is it back, must be a while as there a re no ads which usually indicate 2 weeks.

Perdita
09-09-2011, 08:02
When exactly is it back, must be a while as there a re no ads which usually indicate 2 weeks.

The Red Carpet launch show is on BBC One at 6.10pm on Saturday 10th September

moonstorm
09-09-2011, 08:26
Oh God, that means it's Christmas! It just seems to start then bang! It's the final just before Christmas!!! :crying:

Abbie
09-09-2011, 15:40
Have noticed there are a lot of over 50's for this show

Chloe O'brien
09-09-2011, 21:07
There's also a hot new Serbian male dancer. That will keep us warm on these dark nights.

Abbie
09-09-2011, 23:29
Another new dancer, at least theres not loads cos what I love about strictly is obviously we all know who the celebs are but we get to know the professionals and have a fav too

Chloe O'brien
10-09-2011, 01:00
Yeah but I miss Darren and Iain from last year. over the last few years I have been rooting for the dancers instead of the celebs.

Abbie
10-09-2011, 01:10
Yeah but I miss Darren and Iain from last year. over the last few years I have been rooting for the dancers instead of the celebs.

Yeah thats what I mean, and why I love strictly cos its not just about the celebs

Chloe O'brien
10-09-2011, 01:17
I look more forward to seeing Brendan, Anton, Erin, Ola and others that I do the celebs.

Dutchgirl
10-09-2011, 22:46

Erm Iain? Who was he again?

But I do like Brendan being a bit of a pushy one!

Two Italians together would have been to spicy for the show, wahtever their Rumba would have been ;0)

Chloe O'brien
10-09-2011, 23:00
Iain Waite tall blonde hair. Danced with Zoe Ball and stood in for Brendan last year when his father died.

Dutchgirl
11-09-2011, 08:52
Iain Waite tall blonde hair. Danced with Zoe Ball and stood in for Brendan last year when his father died.

Oh yeah thanks. Did he dance with Aleesha as well? I didn't watch until just a few years back.

LostVoodoo
11-09-2011, 19:37
Oh yeah thanks. Did he dance with Aleesha as well? I didn't watch until just a few years back.

No, Alesha danced with Matt Cutler, also greatly missed.

Liked the launch show this year, some interesting pairings. But I do write most of it on twitter and my blog so I might not comment much on here!

layla
14-09-2011, 20:56
I am looking forward to watching Strictly. Could be very interesting. Was disappointed, when I here'd it was not starting for 3 weeks.

JustJodi
15-09-2011, 05:49
"Sir" Bruce ??? Oh pulllleeeze when did he get that gong, and who NOMINATED him?? For heavens sake we will not hear the end of it !

Perdita
15-09-2011, 09:19
"Sir" Bruce ??? Oh pulllleeeze when did he get that gong, and who NOMINATED him?? For heavens sake we will not hear the end of it !

Entertainer Bruce Forsyth says he is "very proud" after being knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours.

The recognition for the 83-year-old comes after years of campaigning by fans and a parliamentary Early Day Motion signed by 73 MPs. - from BBC News 11 June 2011

Abbie
15-09-2011, 18:51
Why is Darren not in it this year?

I was the same when I though oh we have to wait another 3 weeks =(

Perdita
15-09-2011, 20:25
Ann Widdecombe has said that she "could" be interested in returning to Strictly Come Dancing.

Widdecombe reached the semi-finals of the ballroom dancing contest last year with Anton Du Beke.

What's on TV quotes Widdecombe as saying that she wishes she "could have another go" at the BBC One reality show.

However, the star was modest over her qualities, declaring: "I don't think there is any practical advice that anyone would want to take from me, mine was the pantomime act."

The 63-year-old, who was earlier this year cast in a pantomime, also revealed that she hopes Anton Du Beke wins the competition this year, adding: "I won't be watching every week, but I will be voting for Anton every week."

Strictly Come Dancing returns to BBC One on Saturday, September 30.

Tuareet
29-09-2011, 15:20
Got my tickets for the Strictly Come Dancing tour in 2012 this morning. Front row seats at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff on 18 February. :)

Perdita
29-09-2011, 15:26
Got my tickets for the Strictly Come Dancing tour in 2012 this morning. Front row seats at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff on 18 February. :)

Congratulations, I hope you have a great time :) If you are on tv, give us a wave :D

Chloe O'brien
09-10-2011, 01:11
Oh my word how mental are this years celebs. Anton deserves a knighthood so he does.

Perdita
10-10-2011, 17:41
Edwina Curry has become the first celebrity to leave this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

The ex-MP and her professional partner Vincent Simone were eliminated from the ballroom contest tonight after finishing bottom of the leaderboard when judges' scores were combined with viewer votes.

Currie and Simone landed in the danger zone alongside boxer Audley Harrison and Natalie Lowe after failing to impress with their cha cha cha and foxtrot performances over the last two weeks.

Asked by hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman to sum up her exit, Currie stated: "Well I feel sorry for Vincent, because he has worked very hard. He's been a terrific teacher, he really, really has. Anything that we did wrong is entirely my fault. Whoever dances with Vincent is a very, very lucky woman."

Currie added that she had lost approximately half a stone in weight during her "absolutely fabulous" Strictly stint.

She received additional praise from Simone, who admitted that he had been unsure of what to expect from the former Tory Health Minister.

"I just want to say I've had so much fun with you," he declared. "Which I didn't expect because you were a 'politicianist'. But yes, you've taken care of me - so thank you for that."

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday at 6.25pm on BBC One.

Katy
11-10-2011, 00:29
bless him calling her a politicionist! im sad they have gone as i love Vincent !

I think for Edwina, there are too many people who dont like her for what she did in the past and no matter how well she danced was going to change that.

Perdita
16-10-2011, 20:09
Dan Lobb has become the second celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing.

The Daybreak presenter and professional partner Katya Virshilas were eliminated from the BBC competition following their Broadway-themed Viennese waltz.

The pair were joined in the danger zone by Nancy Dell'Olio and Anton DuBeke, but it was Lobb who finished bottom when viewer votes and judges' scores were combined.

Asked by hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman to pick the highlight of his Strictly experience, Lobb responded: "Oh, dancing with Katya - it's a wonderful opportunity to dance with somebody who works at the top of their profession, who is so talented."

Virshilas was also filled with praise for the retired tennis player, saying: "I have loved every single moment of it. I loved my tennis lesson. I shall cherish that. I didn't get a chance to get up with you at 3.30am though!"

Edwina Currie became the first star to leave the ninth series of Strictly Come Dancing last week.

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday at 6.15pm on BBC One.

Perdita
20-10-2011, 06:08
DIRTY Dancing star Jennifer Grey is to join Strictly Come Dancing as a stand-in judge.

The movie star will step in while Len Goodman has a week off.

She said: "I'm delighted to be involved and can't wait to see what the contestants have got.

"I so look forward to making the pilgrimage to the birthplace of the greatest dance show — the mecca of spray tans and tangos — and to sit in for the great and pernickety Len Goodman."

Jennifer, 51, is extremely well qualified for the job. She starred alongside Patrick Swayze in the 1987 hit movie Dirty Dancing before winning the US version of Strictly, Dancing With The Stars, last year.

She will join the BBC1 show for the weekend of November 5.

And bosses hope she will perform a routine with one of Strictly's male dancers.

An insider said: "Jennifer dazzled everyone on Dancing With The Stars. She'll be a sure-fire hit dancing on Strictly."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3882459/Jennifer-Grey-is-Strictly-Dirty-Dancing.html

Dutchgirl
23-10-2011, 20:05
Oh how fabulous are Flavia and Vincent? I think the Argentinian Tango is the most gripping dance.

OOh and I love our Caro Emerald. Kudos nice to see her on a foreign show.

Katy
23-10-2011, 20:11
im gutted by the result tonight! dont think that he should have gone at all.

Perdita
23-10-2011, 20:19
Rory Bremner has become the third celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing.

The 50-year-old impressionist and his partner Erin Boag finished bottom of the leaderboard after judges' scores and viewer votes for their cha cha cha were combined.

Nancy Dell'Olio and Anton du Beke also finished in the bottom two for a second consecutive week.

When asked by hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman to pick his favourite Strictly moment, Bremner joked: "Well, a close second was shimmying next to [audience member] John Prescott in the quickstep, I loved that - it was just the best dance of my life."

Turning to Boag, he added: "Thank you for choreographing it, and thank you for dancing with me."

"You've been completely and utterly wonderful," she responded. "You've been so wonderful, and I want you to hold your head high, because you've done great."

Edwina Currie became the first person to exit this year's Strictly, while Daybreak presenter Dan Lobb was voted out last week.

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday (October 29) at 6.30pm on BBC One.

Perdita
26-10-2011, 11:41
The final of the current series of BBC One's Strictly Come Dancing could be hit by strike action planned by the unions over proposed cuts to the BBC operation.

Following negotiations last Friday, the National Union of Journalists, BECTU and Unite have opted to issue ballots to the corporation's staff over plans to axe nearly 2,000 jobs and scale back services as part of the Delivering Quality First cost-cutting initiative.

The unions said that the BBC has rejected their proposals for conducting the DQF consultation in "a meaningful and transparent way", and instead "intends to drive ahead with its planned schedule of cuts and its unreasonable timetable".

Should BBC staff vote in favour of industrial action, then this could disrupt programming in the December schedule, including potentially the Strictly final and BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

DQF aims to make total savings of £670m a year by 2016/17 as the BBC faces up to its new licence fee settlement, which freezes the annual TV licence fee at £142.50 and imposes a series of additional funding responsibilities, including Welsh-language broadcaster S4C.

However, many staff have hit out at the proposed cuts, particularly local and regional broadcasting executives, who have dubbed the strategy "destroying quality forever".

The BBC Trust has launched a public consultation on the DQF proposals, but unions are concerned that some of the measures could be implemented before that concludes.

The NUJ, BECTU and Unite have said that balloting will close on November 24 and, if a yes vote is forthcoming, then strike action could go ahead at the beginning of December.

Michelle Stanistreet, the NUJ general secretary, said: "It is vital that any consultation process that takes place over such major cuts across the BBC is genuine and meaningful - the NUJ is not prepared to accept a fait accompli.

"These misguided cuts put the BBC's very future as a world-class public service broadcaster at stake. BBC executives and the Coalition government might not care about quality journalism and programming, but staff and members of the public care passionately about the Corporation's future. It will be up to all NUJ members and the wider public to fight for our BBC and I urge everyone to do all they can to support our campaign."

BECTU general secretary Gerry Morrissey added: "DQF threatens fundamental and far-reaching changes for all BBC staff; union officials are not prepared to negotiate with a gun to our heads.

"Without a change to the BBC's position, we are under no illusions that a vote for strike action will mark the start of a programme of industrial action which could affect the highlights of the BBC's autumn/winter schedule, including the Strictly Come Dancing finals and the Sports Personality of the Year awards."

In July, BBC News programmes were disrupted by industrial action after staff walked out in protest over compulsory redundancies at BBC World Service.

In a statement, a BBC spokesperson said: "We are fully committed to a constructive dialogue with the unions about flexibility allowances and our pay and grading structure. However we are at the earliest stage of talking these proposals through with our staff and have not even begun formal consultation with the trade unions."

Perdita
27-10-2011, 15:09
Robbie Savage will be doing a Michael Jackson-themed routine on this weekend's Strictly Come Dancing.

The Welsh footballer is rumoured to be planning to end his routine with Jackson's famous moonwalk dance move, after he revealed details about his paso doble on This Morning.

"We are doing a paso doble to Michael Jackson's 'Bad' - there are some Michael Jackson moves," said Savage.

"The ending, if I can pull off this ending - and I can't tell you what it is - but it will either make us or break us."

Savage also confessed that he was finding the reality show "mentally and physically" tougher than football.

"The training is eight hours a day every day and football is an hour a day really... and you have to do it," he said.

His partner Ola Jordan added: "It's a very busy schedule but we're managing. I like working with sports people because they work hard, and he trains a lot and he wants to do well and wants to improve his dancing."

Perdita
28-10-2011, 19:37
Paul Gascoigne has revealed that he is interested in starring in the next series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The 44-year-old ex-footballer, who was tipped to join I'm a Celebrity in 2009, believes that he would stand a strong chance of winning the BBC ballroom reality show.

Gascoigne told the Daily Star: "I'd love to do it. I'm up for any challenge now - and I think I would win hands down.

"I'm skilful at anything. I would take it full-on just like my football. It would be a piece of p*ss. I could dance when I was drunk.

"But I wasn't one of those who went to nightclubs and wanted to dance. However, if people say I can't do something, I try to prove them wrong."

Praising current Strictly star Robbie Savage, he added: "He's doing really well. He's an ex-footballer and good on him."

Chloe O'brien
28-10-2011, 21:07
Off course Paul can dance when he's drunk. We can all dance when we're drunk or we like to think we can. I like Paul but I think he still has health issues and is not fit enough to take part in any reality shows.

Tuareet
31-10-2011, 09:10
Sounds a bit big-headed to me especially saying he thinks he could win hands down! I really hope he isn't asked to take part.

JustJodi
31-10-2011, 11:41
Well Anton is out AGAIN,,, why do they never pair him up with a decent celebrity??? Who the feck is Nancy dell 'Olio ??She was awful, and you could tell she would have rather been anywhere else but on the dance floor. Wardrobe malufunctions??? They need to strap those hooters in..LOL Ok Who is Harry Rudd (?) hes purty ..I think the boxer will go next hes really not a dancer ...or maybe the guy who was in the devil costume.. Russel ????

Perdita
31-10-2011, 12:11
Well Anton is out AGAIN,,, why do they never pair him up with a decent celebrity??? Who the feck is Nancy dell 'Olio ??She was awful, and you could tell she would have rather been anywhere else but on the dance floor. Wardrobe malufunctions??? They need to strap those hooters in..LOL Ok Who is Harry Rudd (?) hes purty ..I think the boxer will go next hes really not a dancer ...or maybe the guy who was in the devil costume.. Russel ????

Nancy used to be the girlfriend of Sven Goran Ericksson, former England football manager. Russel Grant is an astrologer, has lost loads of weight.

Dutchgirl
31-10-2011, 16:19
Nancy used to be the girlfriend of Sven Goran Ericksson, former England football manager. Russel Grant is an astrologer, has lost loads of weight.

I just love Russel. Didn't he do who do you think you are? I thought it was so endearing. He is such fun.

Tuareet
31-10-2011, 16:21
Robbie Savage is my favourite and I thought Craig undermarked him on Saturday night, his dance was definitely worth more than 4.

megan999
01-11-2011, 16:39
Ok Who is Harry Rudd (?) hes purty He's the drummer in the band McFly. I agree, he's fine :D

janicegranger
01-11-2011, 17:53
Chelsee Healey of Waterloo road is gonna be in it. She is Janeece Byrant.

layla
02-11-2011, 20:09
Jason, Holly, Chelsee, Anita and Judd are looking good. Ainsley or Robbie to go next week unless they improve. Quite a few good ones this year.

megan999
03-11-2011, 16:52
Quite a few good ones this year.I agree, I have been taping it and then watching it during the week cos I don't have enough time on Saturdays to watch both SCD AND X Factor. I am enjoying it more this year than last year for some reason :D

Chloe O'brien
06-11-2011, 00:05
Chelsea's my favourite this year along with Anita she is doing really well. Wish Brendan had got someone else instead of Lulu as I can't stick her.

JustJodi
06-11-2011, 11:49
Robbie can go,, and Audly I didn't care for Jason,, he got a bit too cocky after his high scores last week, he didn't do as well this week...

megan999
06-11-2011, 17:02
Chelsee and Harry are my favourites at the moment :) I thought that Jennifer Grey was going to give EVERYbody 8 the rate she was going!!

layla
06-11-2011, 19:00
Jennifer was to nice to give a low score. her comment were good, but scoring not so good. Bring back Len, he was missed.

Chelsee and Anita were both very good last night. Jason's gone off a bit, though Rumba is a hard dance. Lulu, Audley or Robbie could be going tonight. Russell's so funny, and is trying to do the dances unlike Ann last year.

:cheer::)

JustJodi
07-11-2011, 00:41
LULU gone ??? wow she sang during her GOODBYE dance3,, I really really wanted Jason to go, hes just way too cocky .. not fond of robbie either or the boxer dude.. Chelsey is really good, so is Holly .. I do like Anita she isn't bad for a 62 yr old ...

Perdita
08-11-2011, 11:03
Strictly Come Dancing professional Artem Chigvintsev has been forced to take a break from the show after fracturing his spine. :eek:

The 29-year-old was diagnosed with a transverse process fracture of the lumbar spine after injuring himself while rehearsing with Holly Valance last Friday (November 4).

"Artem injured himself during rehearsals on Friday," the BBC confirmed. "Following medical attention he has been diagnosed with a transverse process fracture of the lumbar spine.

"We have been told that this sort of fracture is completely stable and he has been advised that there is no untoward effect from him continuing to dance. We will, of course, continue to review this following medical advice over the course of the week."

Valance is currently training with Brendan Cole, who left the competition along with his partner Lulu on Sunday (November 6), and could perform with the 35-year-old on this week's show.

"At the moment, Artem is not dancing - but he is attending rehearsals and choreographing the new routine," a BBC source said. "He wants to dance, but his health is our priority. We have a duty of care to him."

Another insider commented: "Heaven knows how Artem's going to dance on Saturday. This is a serious injury."

Chigvintsev's condition, caused by extreme rotation or sideways bending, had originally been misdiagnosed as a strained muscle.

The Russian pro won last year's series of Strictly Come Dancing with his now-girlfriend Kara Tointon.

It was previously reported that Tointon had grown jealous of Chigvintsev's passionate performances with Valance, though the women are apparently now on good terms and "text every day".

Chloe O'brien
08-11-2011, 14:36
Poor Artem he was struggiling on Saturday night, but at least Brendan will be back.

Perdita
09-11-2011, 19:04
Strictly Come Dancing pro Artem Chigvintsev has pulled out of this weekend's show, the BBC has confirmed.

Chigvintsev, who partners Australian star Holly Valance on the reality show, is suffering from a back injury.

Brendan Cole, who partnered Lulu but was voted out of Strictly on Sunday, will replace the Russian.

A BBC spokesperson said in a statement: "Artem was initially diagnosed with a transverse process fracture of the lumbar spine.

"However, the latest medical advice from a spinal specialist following further scans is that he is suffering with a combination of joint and soft tissue injury.

"While this medical advice is more encouraging he will still need to rest, so will not be dancing this Saturday. Brendan Cole will partner Holly in this Saturday's show."

'Kiss Kiss' singer Valance commented: "I'm obviously disappointed I won't be dancing with Artem this weekend, but his well-being is very important to me, and Brendan is an awesome guy and we're working hard to bring something new and exciting to this Saturday's show."

Meanwhile, Cole declared:"I'm extremely happy to be asked by Artem to stand in for him this week. It is never nice under the circumstances but I'll do my utmost to help him and Holly out and I'm really excited to have the opportunity to dance with Holly."

They will dance the Rumba to Will Young's 'Leave Right Now' on Strictly, which continues this Saturday at 6.30pm on BBC One.

Katy
10-11-2011, 08:11
aww poor Artem! hope hes better soon, he did look in pain on saturday.

Im surprised there arent more injuries the amount of training that the put in espeicallly the celebrities who arent used to such intense training.

Dutchgirl
10-11-2011, 09:20
Must say I like Brendans Rumba's.

LostVoodoo
10-11-2011, 12:12
It's just been announced on twitter that Jason, Chelsee and Nancy will be going on the tour this year

layla
10-11-2011, 15:25
Do hope Artem recovers soon. Brendan and Holly should do well together.

Perdita
13-11-2011, 20:02
Audley Harrison has become the sixth person to leave Strictly Come Dancing.

The heavyweight boxer was eliminated from the competition along with professional partner Natalie Lowe when viewer votes and judges' scores for their cha cha cha yesterday were combined.

The pair were joined in the bottom two by EastEnders icon Anita Dobson and her partner Robin Windsor.

Harrison had finished in the danger zone on three previous occasions, staying in the competition over Edwina Currie, Nancy Dell'Olio and Lulu.

Asked by hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman for his Strictly highlights, Harrison replied: "There have been many. I've really enjoyed myself."

He then poked fun at a well-publicised loss in the boxing ring, quipping: "Imagine the first week I was 100/1 to go out, so hopefully all those people who lost money on me with the David Haye fight, hopefully they got their money back! It's been great, I had a great time… I really enjoyed it."

Lowe added: "I just want to thank all the people at home who voted, who kept us in. It's been a great journey. Thank you!"

The final eight Strictly Come Dancing contestants will perform live from Wembley Arena for next week's show, which airs at 6.55pm on Saturday (November 19) on BBC One.

Tuareet
14-11-2011, 09:38
It was the right decision for a change, Audley was clearly the worst among those that are left.

Chloe O'brien
16-11-2011, 21:36
I don't think poor Anita should have been in the bottom two but I think her and Alex maybe at risk this week with Russell Grant surviving.

Perdita
17-11-2011, 16:17
Anita Dobson has returned to the set of EastEnders with her Strictly Come Dancing partner Robin Windsor.

Dobson headed back to Albert Square, where she famously played Angie Watts between 1985 and 1988, to try and find a "steeliness" that her soap character used to display regularly.

The actress and Windsor were in the bottom two last week, despite a strong Argentine tango performance, and are the bookmakers' favourites for the chop at this weekend's Wembley shows.

Speaking about her return to the EastEnders set, Dobson said: "It was such a nice experience. Very comforting... it felt a bit like going back to a place where I used to live!"

Strictly airs on Saturday (November 19) at 6.55pm on BBC One.

Perdita
20-11-2011, 20:11
Russell Grant has become the seventh celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing.

The celebrity astrologer and his professional partner Flavia Cacace were eliminated following yesterday's live Wembley Arena special.

Grant landed in the bottom two alongside Holly Valance and a returning Artem Chigvintsev, who was absent from the show last week after suffering a spinal injury in training.

Speaking to hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman following his axing, Grant commented: "Every show I've done has been a highlight, it's been fantastic. The public have been great, the audiences have been great. I've learnt from the judges, I've listened to the judges… but most of all I've had the most fantastic partner in Flavia."

Cacace added: "I completely agree with everyone out there who absolutely loves you because you are a true inspiration. It has been an absolute pleasure and joy partnering you."

60-year-old Grant has been plagued with injury during his appearance on the show and recently underwent keyhole surgery to correct a knee issue.

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday (November 26) at 7pm on BBC One.

Perdita
21-11-2011, 09:25
EastEnders star Charlie Brooks has reportedly signed up for this year's Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special.

The actress, who plays Janine Butcher in the BBC soap, is said to be progressing well in rehearsals with her mystery professional partner.

According to sources, Brooks has always been interested in participating in Strictly, but could not find time for a regular series.

"She loves Strictly but hasn't been able to commit to a full series as she's had such great storylines in EastEnders," an insider told The Sun. "So this is just perfect for her."

Torchwood actor John Barrowman won the 2010 Strictly Christmas special with his partner Kristina Rihanoff.

Fern Britton and EastEnders legend June Brown (Dot Cotton) were among the other celebrities competing in the festive edition.

megan999
22-11-2011, 16:57
Strictly’s Brendan Cole to Anita Dobson’s rescue

BRENDAN COLE will be a Strictly supersub again this weekend — as partner for Anita Dobson.

The Kiwi — who recently filled in for Artem Chigvintsev with Holly Valance after the Russian hurt his back — will replace crocked Robin Windsor.

The dancer has pulled out after his foot became infected and he was prescribed antibiotics and told to rest.

A source said: "Robin is not exactly at death's door but he has got a dodgy foot so it's only fair that Anita has a fully functioning partner this weekend.

"He's on antibiotics and should be as right as rain for the week after — assuming Anita stays in."

Brendan has been at a loose end since his own celebrity partner, Lulu, was given the shove.

He said: "I'm chuffed that Artem, and now Robin, trust me enough to ask me to step in.

"I'm excited to be working with Anita and I will be doing my utmost to get her through to next week." source: The Sun

Perdita
23-11-2011, 05:39
Strictly Come Dancing's Christmas lineup has been revealed.

EastEnders actress Charlie Brooks, who plays Janine Butcher in the Albert Square soap, is to partner Vincent Simone, while Hi-De-Hi star Su Pollard will pair up with professional dancer Anton Du Beke.

Brooks commented: "I'm a massive fan of the series and there's no way my daughter would have let me turn down such an amazing opportunity to be on the show. I love to be challenged and I'm really looking forward to taking to the dance floor with Vincent."

Pollard said: "Strictly Come Dancing is strictly must-see Christmas Day television. I'm hoping to wow the judges and the viewers with my utter exuberance and prowess!"

Debra Stephenson, formerly of Bad Girls, will take to the floor with Ian Waite, while Blue's Simon Webbe teams up with Katya Virshilas, and former boxer Barry McGuigan joins Erin Boag.

Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly host the festive special, which is expected to air on Christmas Day on BBC One.

Torchwood actor John Barrowman won the 2010 Strictly Christmas special with his partner Kristina Rihanoff.

Chloe O'brien
26-11-2011, 20:59
Yes Iain Waite is back looking forward to seeing Barry McGugan as well.

Perdita
27-11-2011, 20:04
Anita Dobson has become the eighth celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing.

The EastEnders actress lost out on a place in the semi-finals of the BBC contest after falling into the bottom two with Holly Valance and Artem Chigvintsev.

Dobson danced the cha cha cha with Strictly professional Brendan Cole after her regular partner Robin Windsor was forced out with a foot infection.

On her absent companion, Dobson said: "He made this the most humourous, enjoyable, fun, wonderful learning experience you could ever imagine. Thank you so much."

She added to hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman: "Can I just say thank you to Brendan too, because without him I wouldn't have done this week… thank you."

Before taking her final dance, Dobson was surprised by a phone call from Windsor himself, who described the 62-year-old as "absolutely incredible".

"It has been a pleasure to work with you," he continued. "You have been one of the most enthusiastic and hard-working people I've ever, ever, ever met. I'm going to miss you dearly."

It has been announced that next week's semi-final will have a 'movie night' theme.

Strictly Come Dancing returns Saturday, December 3 at 7pm on BBC One.

Dutchgirl
27-11-2011, 20:37
I though she had a chance of winning. I adored her!

layla
28-11-2011, 13:06
I liked Anita. She was very good for her age.
Robbie should have gone, he is funny but useless, He should have improved a bit more by now.
Weak links now for me, are Robbie, and her off the one show,
Finalist Chelsee and Judd.

megan999
28-11-2011, 17:07
I agree, Layla, Robbie is the weakest dancer now.
A final with Chelsee and Harry would be great, I like both of them :)
I am watching both SCD and X Factor now.
SCD is great because it makes you smile.

Perdita
02-12-2011, 12:58
Robbie Savage has said that he will dedicate his Strictly Come Dancing performance tomorrow night (December 3) to late close friend Gary Speed.

The Wales manager, 42, was found dead at his home in Chester last Sunday (November 27). Savage has paid tribute to Speed, describing him as "one of the greatest ever Welsh players".

Speed had visited the BBC studios to watch Savage dance and the two spoke the day before Speed's apparent suicide.

Writing on Twitter, Savage said: "So hard to concentrate on dancing this week heads all over the place going to be so emotional as the last place I seen speedo was in studio (sic).

"I'm going to make him proud of his mate , he loved Strictly. My performance Is for him , still stunned !"

Recalling Speed's visit to the Strictly Come Dancing studios, Savage previously explained: "Speedo loved Strictly he was an avid fan last time I saw him. I was high fiving him from the dance floor his smile was huge!"

megan999
06-12-2011, 16:57
I think I'd like Harry to win it this year:wub:

JustJodi
06-12-2011, 17:45
I really really really hope they boot Jason out, I am sick of his SMUG face,, Robbie should have gone before last week ... Harry and Holly are both good...Alexis and Chelesee are going to be close as well,, should be interesting :-)

moonstorm
07-12-2011, 08:49
I think I would like Chelesee to win, she has a bit of life in her. I agree with you Jodi, Jason is way too smug.

Chloe O'brien
07-12-2011, 10:03
I would like Chelsea or Alex to win. Jason or Holly to go this week as they both have been in the bottom two before and the other three haven't.

Tuareet
07-12-2011, 10:04
I'd like Chelsee to win as well, I still don't think she realises just how good she is. Jason and Kristina want to win far too much for me and the way Kristina burst into tears last week just for being in the bottom 2 really put me off them.

JustJodi
07-12-2011, 13:27
I'd like Chelsee to win as well, I still don't think she realises just how good she is. Jason and Kristina want to win far too much for me and the way Kristina burst into tears last week just for being in the bottom 2 really put me off them.

Oh I agree with you about Kristina,, shes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too emotional and is trying to buy votes with her crocidile tears ...bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Perdita
10-12-2011, 11:03
Strictly stars are hoping for a jolly good show as they prepare for this weekend's semi-final - by dressing up as the Famous Five.
The quintet of stars are competing for just three places in the final next week - and whoever makes it will probably be celebrating with more than just lashings of ginger beer.
Holly Valance, Jason Donovan, Chelsee Healey, Harry Judd and Alex Jones marked the fact they had made it to the final five by posing as the Enid Blyton characters, read and loved by generations.
But poor old One Show host Alex drew the short straw as she played Timmy the dog, alongside Julian, Dick, Anne and Georgina (George).
Each of the celebs in BBC1's Strictly Come Dancing tomorrow will perform twice with their professional partners in a bid to impress judges - and viewers - to get through to the final at Blackpool's Tower Ballroom next Saturday.
And the contest could not be tighter with each of the remaining couples awarded huge scores in the last heat, which saw Robbie Savage given the boot.
Chelsee led the field with her highest score yet of 39, matching Harry's effort from the previous week.
But with two couples due to leave on Sunday's results show, each of the dancers knows their footwork must be fancier then ever to make the final.

megan999
11-12-2011, 17:04
I want Harry, Chelsee, and Holly to be in the final :thumbsup:

Perdita
11-12-2011, 17:10
Harry Judd headed back to the top of the Strictly Come Dancing leaderboard in last night's semi-final.

The McFly drummer and Aliona Vilani missed out on scoring a perfect 40 marks, but with 39 points for both their charleston and Viennese waltz they won back the top spot on the scoreboard.

Judd's charleston won universal praise from the panel, but it was his Viennese waltz that really caught their eyes. Bruno Tonioli described the ballroom routine as "class, romance and style".

Alesha Dixon added that Judd had been wasted "hiding" behind his drumkit for so long.

The boyband star is the bookmakers' favourite to win the title at Blackpool Tower Ballroom next weekend.

Len Goodman joked after his Viennese waltz: "I'm going to come across all Henry VIII. 'Send him to the Tower!'... Blackpool Tower, that is!"

Chelsee Healey and Jason Donovan were unable to match Judd's overall scores, but both TV stars did achieve the first perfect 40s of the series.

Alex Jones and Australian star Holly Valance were in the danger zone at the end of the evening and will face elimination unless they are saved by the public vote.

The Strictly results show airs tonight (December 11) at 6.55pm on BBC One.

Perdita
11-12-2011, 19:42
Holly Valance and Alex Jones have both been eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing.

The former Neighbours actress and the One Show star were voted out after last night's semi-final, leaving Harry Judd, Chelsee Healey and Jason Donovan to battle it out in the final.

Jones and her professional partner James Jordan finished bottom of the leaderboard with a combined total of 65 points out of 80 for their waltz and salsa, while judges awarded Valance and Artem Chigvintsev 70 points for their Argentine tango and charleston.

Speaking to hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman after the result, Jones said: "I've had an incredible time, and when I'm old and grey I'll look back at these three months and I'll think that was a brilliant time."

On her relationship with Jordan, she added: "We've laughed 80% of the time, apart from when I get left and right wrong! But it's just been fantastic, and to meet all the other 13 contestants and pro dancers and everybody backstage has just been an incredible experience. He has just been able to work miracles, and done it in such a funny way."

Valance, meanwhile, said that she was "grateful" to have made some "beautiful" new friends during Strictly and praised Chigvintsev for his "brilliant" work.

"I'm just proud that we've been part of the most successful Strictly," she commented. "The British public has been incredible, this is much further than we ever thought we could ever imagine.

"I think besides working with the most brilliant choreographer I've ever witnessed in my entire life, I've made beautiful new friends, and I'll be able to take them with me. The show will end, but all of my new friendships will keep going, so I'm very grateful."

Chigvintsev took the opportunity to bestow Valance with some seldom-heard words of praise, saying: "I'm very strict in the rehearsals all the time, and I never really compliment my partner as I should more often. I just want to say [to her] thank you so much. You have been absolutely terrific. Just thank you."

The Strictly Come Dancing final airs next Saturday (December 17) at 7pm on BBC One.

Dutchgirl
11-12-2011, 21:59
I thought Kristina reacted badly last week. Let's not forget better contestant were voted of in years gone by. It is a show graded by the public. But I do like Jason's dancing and showmanship.

JustJodi
11-12-2011, 23:51
OMG why did they keep Jason in?????? Alex and Holly by far were better than Jason,, I missed it cos I went out for the evening with my guy and friends, dang it,, I would have been throwing things at the TV if I had been home ....DG ok granted he is a show man,, but honestly hes just too damn cocky .

Chloe O'brien
12-12-2011, 11:26
I thought Alex would have survived the public vote and Jason & Holly would have went as they have been in the bottom two. Alex did get the lowest score but she has progressed so much more than Jason and Holly. I'm backing Chelsee to win.

Katy
12-12-2011, 11:51
definitly Chelsee to Win!! I love her and Pasha!

Chloe O'brien
12-12-2011, 12:27
definitly Chelsee to Win!! I love her and Pasha!

Oh so do I the Pasha Doubly loved it.

megan999
12-12-2011, 17:19
What tipped the Valance for Holly on Strictly

HOLLY VALANCE thinks she lost out on a place in the Strictly final because she wasn't CHEESY enough.

The Aussie star said she wasn't prepared to grin her face off.

"Cut my head off and I'm doing the same amount of work as everyone else," she laughed. "I'm just not cheesing it up! I'm too embarrassed doing that — I'm shyer than people know.

"I'm a smart-**** and have got a dry sense of humour. That's how I've always handled strange situations. And I put myself down a lot. I didn't realise I did that so much."

Holly was voted out of this weekend's semi-final, despite high scores for her modern-style Charleston and racy tango. The judges gave her great comments, with Bruno describing her steamy tango as "beautiful, bad and dangerous".

But she and partner Artem Chigvintsev found themselves second from bottom on the leaderboard and didn't pick up enough public votes.

"We were really working so hard every day and the stakes were so high because we cared a lot, we had a lot invested in it," she explained.

"It was my time to go, but I've had such a great time — and 11 out of 12 weeks is fantastic.

"People always said I seemed really relaxed and the other girls used to say to me, 'Why are you so chilled out?' But I'd say, 'Well, because this is amazing and it's fun and wonderful and I don't want to ruin it being scared.'

"I've had an incredible adventure and I've got great new buddies, so I'm totally at peace with it."

And as for who she thinks should take the glitterball trophy, Holly says: "Any of the three finalists — Jason Donovan, Chelsee Healy and Harry Judd — would be worthy winners. I would put my money on Chelsee. She's a pocket rocket and I think she's fantastic."
source:The Sun

--->I'm gutted Holly's out. Harry to win :D

megan999
14-12-2011, 17:21
Robbie Savage too sexy for Strictly final

STRICTLY hunk Robbie Savage will NOT be doing his sexy pelvic thrust at the show's final — in case it gives viewers a shock.

Soccer's Robbie, 37, was voted out two weeks ago but returns this Saturday with partner Ola Jordan for the mass group dance.

He had wanted to do his raunchy gyrations — which triggered 300 complaints — but BBC bosses fear they will be a bit much in 3D.

So Robbie will content himself with a knee slide.

Harry Judd, Chelsee Healey and Jason Donovan will fight out the final at Blackpool Tower.

source: The Sun

Perdita
17-12-2011, 06:35
The four dances to be performed by the Strictly Come Dancing finalists have been revealed.
Chelsee Healey, Jason Donovan and Harry Judd are all bidding for glory in the final of the dance competition, which takes place at Blackpool Tower Ballroom.
Each of the contestants - and their professional partners - will revive two dances from earlier in the series, one of their own choice and one decided by the judges.
They will also present two new routines including the crucial "freestyle" show-dance. The no-holds-barred number can often be the deciding factor in who wins or loses the competition.
Jason and his partner Kristina Rihanoff have chosen Dancin' Fool by Frank Zappa for their show dance, they will revive their Quickstep to Bewitched, and their new dance will be a Salsa to Hard To Handle by Otis Redding. The judges have asked them to dance a Tango to I Will Survive.
Bookies' favourites Harry and Aliona Vilani will do their show dance to Great Balls Of Fire, will tackle an American Smooth to Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley as their new dance. Their judges' choice is a Quickstep to Don't Get Me Wrong by The Pretenders and their favourite is the Argentine Tango to Asi Se Baila El Tango.
Chelsee and Pasha Kovalev will jive to I'm A Believer, on the request of the judges, they will dance a Rumba to Because Of You by Kelly Clarkson as their new dance. Their favourite is the Quickstep to Sing Sing Sing and their show dance is the Dreamgirls number One Night Only.

PA

alan45
18-12-2011, 00:37
Harry Judd and dance partner Aliona Vilani have won Strictly Come Dancing 2011.

The pair secured the coveted Glitterball trophy after receiving the most public votes in the grand final.

Waterloo Road actress Chelsee Healey and partner Pasha Kovalev finished in second place.

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/50/618x439/realitytv_scd_final_23.jpg

Judd's McFly bandmates Tom Fletcher, Dougie Poynter and Danny Jones stormed the stage to congratulate him following the announcement, but were quickly ushered away by Bruce Forsyth.

"All I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who has supported Aliona and I," Judd said of his win. "I have had the most incredible experience, thank you.

"I've been on the best show on TV and I'm just honoured. I was so nervous when I first started, I didn't think I'd be able to do it, but Aliona has got me through it."

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/50/300x225/realitytv_scd_final_6.jpg http://i2.cdnds.net/11/50/300x225/realitytv_scd_final_3.jpg

Both couples had earlier performed their favourite dances of the series, as well as a showdance.

For his final dance, Judd performed the Argentine Tango and received a perfect score of 40 from the judges, taking his total for the evening to 156.

Healey and Kovalev fell short of a perfect score for their final performance, securing 39 points to give them a total of 153.

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/50/618x389/realitytv_scd_final_9.jpg

Jason Donovan and Kristina Rihanoff finished in third place earlier on in the evening.

Judd and Vilani were congratulated by their fellow contestants, before closing the show with a dance to 'Simply The Best'.

Perdita
18-12-2011, 12:54
Several Strictly Come Dancing stars are reportedly facing the axe in an end-of-series clear-out.

Professional dancers Ola Jordan and husband James are unlikely to return next year following a series of backstage rows.

A show insider told the Daily Star Sunday: "There could be a very different lineup this time next year. Producers are keen to keep things fresh so quite a few faces could be dropped.

"It's going to be brutal for some of them. But that's the way it works when you're on telly's top show.

"The only ones who have been discussed are Ola and James at the moment. They might be liked by viewers but that may not be enough to save them."

The pair have already been axed from the Strictly Come Dancing tour, apparently due to their behaviour on the show.

Judge Craig Revel Horwood later labelled the pair selfish after James "moaned" about his axe on Twitter.

The atmosphere backstage is said to have been "tense in the extreme" during this year's series, with James and Revel Horwood barely on speaking terms.

Meanwhile, the judges will return next year since Strictly Come Dancing bosses have "learned from The X Factor" that changing the panel can cause ratings to drop.

megan999
18-12-2011, 16:48
Congratulations to Harry & Aliona :D Wasn't Aliona in the Final last year with Matt Baker?

Tuareet
20-12-2011, 11:33
Yes she was.

Chloe O'brien
21-12-2011, 12:49
Next year she will get paired with someone who is really bad so she goes out early.

megan999
22-12-2011, 16:47
Next year she will get paired with someone who is really bad so she goes out early.

You're probaby right. We're such cynics :D

megan999
04-01-2012, 15:43
Kara Tointon is fave to replace Alesha Dixon
Actress is being lined up as new judge on Strictly Come Dancing

EX-EastEnders actress Kara Tointon is favourite to replace Alesha Dixon on Strictly Come Dancing's judging panel, BBC insiders said last night.

Kara won the show in 2010 and is engaged to Strictly dancer Artem Chigvintsev.

But the move could spark a catfight as dancer Karen Hardy is desperate for the job and is already a consultant on the show.

Meanwhile, fans of Arlene Phillips, axed from Strictly in 2009 and replaced by Alesha, are demanding her return.

She tweeted: "I'm overwhelmed by your incredible tweets campaigns and Facebook messages."

source: The Sun

---> I liked Alesha as a judge.

Tuareet
04-01-2012, 15:45
Unless they get rid of Artem, Karra can't be a judge as it would be deemed an unfair advantage to him.

Chloe O'brien
04-01-2012, 21:28
It should be Karen, Arlene or another professional like Camillia or Darren's wife can't remember her name because they know what they are talking about when they give advice on how to improve their skills. Kara would be just as useless as Alesha, being on a dancing competition show for three months doesn't qualify you as an expert.

Perdita
05-01-2012, 21:14
Strictly Come Dancing is going virtual after the BBC signed a deal to take its hit show online.
UK users of the Stardoll website, which is aimed at teenage girls, will be able to dress their avatars in the show's trademark sequinned outfits, get props and design their own dancefloor for the online characters.
There are 145 million avatars, known by users as MeDolls, on the site, which has members around the world.
Simon Hutson, director of digital development at BBC Worldwide, said: "Attracting new audiences as well as building strong relationships with some of the show's most passionate young fans in new and engaging ways marks a very exciting move for the Strictly brand.
"This digital world allows fans to experience the glamour of the ballroom before, during and after the show's transmission, and ensures they have their own way of interacting with the show in an environment they already socialise in."
The move is the latest step in the show's huge commercial success.
The most recent series, won by McFly drummer Harry Judd, regularly beat ITV rival The X Factor in the ratings attracting more than 12 million viewers.
The hit ballroom show has been sold to more than 35 countries under the name Dancing With The Stars and is estimated to have an audience of around half-a-billion in 75 countries around the world.

PA

Perdita
09-01-2012, 19:41
Richard Hopkins, best known as the producer of Strictly Come Dancing, has died at the age of 47.

The TV executive, who had been suffering from cancer, passed away on Saturday and is survived by his wife Katy and his three daughters, reports BBC News.

After successfully pitching and developing Strictly, Hopkins sold the format to the US and acted as executive producer of Dancing with the Stars for its first season.

His other credits include Big Brother, The Big Breakfast, Fame Academy and Mastermind.

Hopkins also produced Channel 4's The 11 O'Clock Show, which launched the careers of Ricky Gervais and Sacha Baron Cohen.

BBC entertainment commissioning controller Mark Linsey hailed Hopkins as "one of the leading entertainment producers of his generation".

"His drive, energy and passion was an example to us all and whatever the size of the project, regardless of the broadcaster, he gave it the same professionalism and dynamic approach," Linsey explained.

"People who had the pleasure of working with Richard will always remember him as a joy to work with and someone absolutely dedicated to his profession."

His joint managing director at Fever Media, David Mortimer, commented: "Television is, by its nature, an ephemeral business, so very few of us can hope to have any lasting legacy.

"Richard was a glorious exception to this rule and, as one of the greatest producers of his generation, he quite literally got the world dancing."

RIP Richard :(