PDA

View Full Version : John Stape - The Grim Reaper

alan45
24-11-2010, 00:51
CORRIE killer John Stape is set to claim his THIRD victim in the New Year when Joy Fishwick dies mysteriously.
Joy (Doreen Mantle) suffers a suspected heart attack as she tries to find out what happened to her son Colin.
But it later emerges that disgraced teacher John is connected with the death.
Viewers saw John (Graeme Hawley) burying Colin Fishwick in the soap's factory earlier this year.
He collapsed and died during a row over John illegally stealing his identity so he could return to teaching - despite previously kidnapping pupil Rosie Webster.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01170/reaper-main_1170526a.jpg

Next month viewers will see him attack accomplice Charlotte Hoyle (Becky Hindley) with a hammer before telling doctors she was injured in the forthcoming tram crash.
He will later try and turn off her life support machine to finish the job.
A Corrie source told TV Biz: "John didn't start out by deliberately killing Colin.
"But now as his life threatens to unravel he goes to unbelievable lengths to stop his body being found. Viewers will see him murder Charlotte during the show's 50th anniversary week. When Joy asks questions, she is the next on his list. John makes it look like natural causes again. It's a while before anyone links him to the deaths."
John's wife Fiz gives birth to daughter Hope next month.
The source added: "John is more determined than ever not to let his family down and get caught."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3242945/John-Stape-is-a-street-Reaper.html#ixzz169kvEhlv

Chloe O'brien
24-11-2010, 10:17
We need Inspector Norris Cole on the case to rumble him.

tammyy2j
24-11-2010, 11:28
FFS another Hillman/Gordon for the Street only this fella cant act

Dazzle
24-11-2010, 11:42
I'm in the minority on these boards in that I like John and am intrigued at what he'll get up to next.

Chloe O'brien
24-11-2010, 11:55
I'm in the minority on these boards in that I like John and am intrigued at what he'll get up to next.

He's not the usual soap killer. He's just thick as mince, everytime he tries to make things better it goes wrong.

alan45
24-11-2010, 12:53
He's not the usual soap killer. He's just thick as mince, everytime he tries to make things better it goes wrong.

Poor John is a victim of circumstance. All he wants to do is protect Fizz. It's a pity that they have ruined his character with all these deaths. I would have like to see them develop his character a bit more. Too late now

Ruffed_lemur
27-11-2010, 23:13
Poor John is a victim of circumstance. All he wants to do is protect Fizz. It's a pity that they have ruined his character with all these deaths. I would have like to see them develop his character a bit more. Too late now

I agree. I think making him a killer is just OTT. Hope there aren't many more deaths after the tram, it's getting like a farce.

alan45
29-11-2010, 09:36
Coronation Street star Graeme Hawley has said that he believes his character John Stape has the potential for more storylines beyond the forthcoming tram crash.

John is currently at the centre of a huge crisis as his desire to keep the truth about the late Colin Fishwick under wraps is coming under threat due to twisted Charlotte Hoyle, played by Becky Hindley.

However, as a tram disaster will cause tragedy on the cobbles next month, the future of many characters remains uncertain as show bosses aim to deliver a 50th anniversary week full of surprises.

Speaking to Soaplife, Hawley commented: "I hope John isn't one of the dead because I think there's still more fun to be had with him.

"But if he doesn't survive, I'll be glad to spend some time with my 18-month-old daughter. Either way I'll be happy."

Meanwhile, discussing John's current problems, the actor said: "He's angry and scared. It's dawned on him that Charlotte is potty. He now knows she's capable of anything… Charlotte is never going to let this go."

Hawley has played the role of John since 2007.

sean slater
07-12-2010, 13:00
She is indeed crazy. Im glad he kills her off. I couldnt stand anymore of her! lol. But I suppose she does play the part well, cos I find my self laughing in disbelief every time she speaks. I hope John can settle down to family life for a little bit after his daughter is born. But obviously it is a soap, it will have to come out sooner or later.

alan45
10-12-2010, 18:43
Coronation Street producer Phil Collinson has praised Becky Hindley for her "amazing" performance in the role of bunny boiler Charlotte Hoyle.

Charlotte has been at the forefront of the soap for several months as she has made John Stape's life hell following their involvement in Colin Fishwick's death.

Earlier this week, it appeared that Charlotte had been killed off after John furiously attacked her with a hammer, but last night's 50th anniversary live episode contained the surprise revelation that she still had a weak pulse.

Collinson commented: "I think that Becky Hindley has done an amazing job. They're always great parts to play, the bunny boilers, and Becky has really embraced that. I think she's just played it brilliantly.

"I think what she's done so brilliantly is make us feel Charlotte's pain. She isn't just a bunny boiler - she's a really lonely, heartbroken person. Colin Fishwick dying in front of her eyes was probably the most perversely exciting thing that's ever happened to her!

"She became desperate to hang onto the drama that came from that night. I think it's been great telly: you take people like John and Fiz - who are really loved characters - and then you do something this extraordinary to them. I think you just want to watch it!"

alan45
05-08-2011, 02:04
CORRIE serial killer John Stape is to turn serial kidnapper when he heads back to the cobbles - snatching Rosie Webster for the SECOND time.
The bookie is currently on the run after wife Fiz was banged up while she awaits trial for his crimes, including three killings.

But the baddie, played by Graeme Hawley, will return to the Street in October - when he tries to sneak back without being spotted by locals.

When wannabe fashion designer Rosie spots him, he grabs her in order to stop her blowing his cover.

Victim ... Rosie Webster
Stape has already served time for kidnapping Rosie, played by Helen Flanagan, after having an affair with her.
An insider at the ITV1 soap told TV Biz: "John has been known for his murders before but he now becomes a serial kidnapper as well.

"He snatches Rosie after it looks like she is going to let on he is back."

Earlier this year Stape held the parents of his fiancée Charlotte Hoyle hostage in a cellar for days, along with Fiz's stallholder brother Chesney Brown. The psychopath decides to sneak back to Weatherfield in order to burst into the courtroom when seamstress Fiz (Jennie McAlpine) stands trial.

He will then sensationally confess to murdering Colin and Joy Fishwick - as well as Charlotte. In his absence, Fiz has been accused of the three killings. Stape fled the Street in May after making a dramatic getaway despite being cornered by cops on a hospital roof. He plunged 30ft but avoided serious injury and managed to escape.

Corrie fans will learn later this year that Stape fled to his homeland Ireland and has been living rough.

But he has managing to keep track of Fiz's case through newspapers.

alan45
08-08-2011, 10:50
Oh dear they have even got a Free Fiz web site

http://www.freefiz.co.uk/

The song is quite funny