PDA

View Full Version : National TV Awards 2011

Perdita
29-09-2010, 18:07
Neighbours star Stefan Dennis is to battle it out against a host of British soap stars at the National Television Awards 2011.

The 51-year-old actor - who has played Paul Robinson on and off since 1985 - is the only Australian soap star among the 25 nominees for Best Serial Drama Performance for the next NTAs.

British soaps Emmerdale, EastEnders, Hollyoaks and Coronation Street each have six actors up for nomination.

Neighbours and Home And Away have both been nominated for Best Serial Drama, along with the four British soaps and fans can vote their favourites at www.nationaltvawards.com/vote

Paul Robinson is currently the centre of an exciting whodunnit storyline "Who Pushed Paul?", marking the soap's 6,000th episode as part of Neighbours 25th anniversary celebrations.

The scheming businessman was pushed off a balcony, but he has so many enemies the possible list of culprits is endless.

PA

Perdita
03-01-2011, 17:57
The nominations in full:

Best Drama Performance: Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock), Matt Smith (Doctor Who), Philip Glenister (Ashes to Ashes), David Jason (A Touch of Frost)

Best Drama: Doctor Who, Shameless, Sherlock, Waterloo Road

Best Serial Drama: EastEnders, Coronation Street, Hollyoaks, Emmerdale

Best Serial Drama Performance: Katherine Kelly (Coronation Street), Steve McFadden (EastEnders), Danny Miller (Emmerdale), Lacey Turner (EastEnders)

Best Entertainment Programme: Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!, Mock the Week, QI

Best Entertainment Presenter: Ant & Dec, Dermot O'Leary, Davina McCall, Paul O'Grady

Best Talent Show: The X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, Strictly Come Dancing, Dancing on Ice

Best Comedy Programme: Benidorm, Harry Hill's TV Burp, Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow, Outnumbered

Digital Choice: Glee, Peter Andre: The Next Chapter, The Inbetweeners

Best Factual Programme: Celebrity Masterchef, Junior Apprentice, Top Gear, Who Do You Think You Are?

Best Topical Magazine Programme: BBC Breakfast, Loose Women, This Morning

Best Newcomer: Olga Fedori (Holby City), Paula Lane (Coronation Street), Ricky Norwood (EastEnders), Marc Silcock (Emmerdale)

DS

Abigail
03-01-2011, 18:23
I really hope QI and The Inbetweeners win.

Chloe O'brien
03-01-2011, 23:25
I love the Inbetweeners rude but so funny. I hope Phillip Glenister wins this year as he always lost out to David Tennant.

tammyy2j
04-01-2011, 10:47
I want Danny and Marc from Emmerdale to win

YorkshireLad
24-01-2011, 21:19
I want Danny and Marc from Emmerdale to win

Got to agree with you there tammyy2j, a brilliant performance from these two actors this past year.

On another note, does anyone know whos performing at the National Television Awards this year? I've heard that Matt Cardle is, but anyone else?

lizann
25-01-2011, 17:20
Best Drama Performance: Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock), Matt Smith (Doctor Who), Philip Glenister (Ashes to Ashes), David Jason (A Touch of Frost)

Best Drama: Doctor Who, Shameless, Sherlock, Waterloo Road

Best Serial Drama: EastEnders, Coronation Street, Hollyoaks, Emmerdale

Best Serial Drama Performance: Katherine Kelly (Coronation Street), Steve McFadden (EastEnders), Danny Miller (Emmerdale), Lacey Turner (EastEnders)

Best Entertainment Programme: Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!, Mock the Week, QI

Best Entertainment Presenter: Ant & Dec, Dermot O'Leary, Davina McCall, Paul O'Grady

Best Talent Show: The X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, Strictly Come Dancing, Dancing on Ice

Best Comedy Programme: Benidorm, Harry Hill's TV Burp, Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow, Outnumbered

Digital Choice: Glee, Peter Andre: The Next Chapter, The Inbetweeners

Best Factual Programme: Celebrity Masterchef, Junior Apprentice, Top Gear, Who Do You Think You Are?

Best Topical Magazine Programme: BBC Breakfast, Loose Women, This Morning

My picks :D

Siobhan
25-01-2011, 17:22
hehe.. i thought the result were out already

lizann
25-01-2011, 17:25

Maybe I should pick winners

parkerman
25-01-2011, 19:07

Seems a bit unlikely seeing as they are not being announced till tomorrow night....

Perdita
26-01-2011, 08:39
Stacey Solomon and Shaun Ryder are to perform together at the National Television Awards, it has been revealed.

The I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! pair will reportedly sing the Happy Mondays track 'Step On' to open tonight's event.

Ryder - who has apparently promised some "aerobic dance moves" - is also believed to have rehearsed other songs from the Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches band's back catalogue with Solomon.

An insider told The Sun: "They must be seen to be believed. It's like beauty and the beast. It won't be your typical Shaun performance. He's got a nice suit on and has choreographed the moves."

X Factor winner Matt Cardle will also take to the stage at the NTAs, which go out tonight on ITV1 at 7.30pm.

DS

Chloe O'brien
26-01-2011, 09:28
Get the kids in bed early. Switch of the phone. Get ready to scream when Matt comes on. :wub:

Siobhan
26-01-2011, 09:40
Get the kids in bed early. Switch of the phone. Get ready to scream when Matt comes on. :wub:

I will Sky + it and just watch that bit over and over cause lets face it.. it will be the best part of the night (btw I read all your posts in details now, well ok.. I just keep looking at your avatar)

Perdita
26-01-2011, 21:01
Digital Spy presents the list of winners at the 2011 National Television Awards, held tonight at The O2 arena, London with Dermot O'Leary as host:

Best Talent Show
Dancing On Ice (ITV)
Britain's Got Talent (ITV)
Strictly Come Dancing (BBC)
The X Factor (ITV) - WINNER!

Best Comedy Programme
Benidorm (ITV) - WINNER!
Harry Hill's TV Burp (ITV)
Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow (BBC)
Outnumbered (BBC)

Best Drama
Doctor Who (BBC)
Shameless (Channel 4)
Sherlock (BBC)
Waterloo Road (BBC) - WINNER!

Best Drama Performance
Philip Glenister (Ashes To Ashes)
David Jason (A Touch Of Frost) - WINNER!
Matt Smith (Doctor Who)
Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock)

Best Digital Choice
Glee (E4)
Peter Andre: The Next Chapter (ITV)
The Inbetweeners (E4) - WINNER!

Best Factual Programme
Celebrity MasterChef (BBC)
Junior Apprentice (BBC)
Top Gear (BBC) - WINNER!
Who Do You Think You Are? (BBC)

Best Serial Drama
Coronation Street (ITV)
EastEnders (BBC) - WINNER!
Emmerdale (ITV)
Hollyoaks (Channel 4)

Best Serial Drama Performance
Katherine Kelly (Coronation Street)
Steve McFadden (EastEnders)
Lacey Turner (EastEnders) - WINNER!
Danny Miller (Emmerdale)

Best Topical Magazine Programme
BBC Breakfast (BBC)
Loose Women (ITV)
This Morning (ITV) - WINNER!

Best Newcomer
Paula Lane (Coronation Street)
Ricky Norwood (EastEnders) - WINNER!
Marc Silcock (Emmerdale)
Olga Fedori (Holby City)

Best Entertainment Programme
Big Brother (Channel 4)
I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! (ITV) - WINNER!
Mock The Week (BBC)
QI (BBC)

Best Entertainment Presenter
Ant & Dec - WINNER!
Davina McCall
Dermot O'Leary
Paul O'Grady

Special Recognition Award
Bruce Forsyth

alan45
26-01-2011, 21:06
Digital Spy presents the list of SOME OF THE winners at the 2011 National Television Awards, held tonight at The O2 arena, London with Dermot O'Leary as host:

Would you not have been better waiting until ALL the awards were announced before posting this

Perdita
26-01-2011, 21:18
Did not realise they had not

lizann
26-01-2011, 21:39
Who the hell nominated Peter Andre's crap reality show?

alan45
26-01-2011, 22:01
So Deadenders wins top soap again. Quelle surprise.

At least we didn't have to listen to the Poison Dwarf this year

Cat2687
26-01-2011, 22:09
I think you'll find it's Eastenders. If you can't get it right, or it pains you too much to do so, don't bother in future.

lizann
26-01-2011, 22:26
So Deadenders wins top soap again. Quelle surprise.

At least we didn't have to listen to the Poison Dwarf this year

I really thought Corrie would take this especially after the tram crash and it being 50 years old and all the bad publicity EE is getting over the cot death and baby switch storyline anyways Emmerdale would have even been a more worthy winner than EE

StarsOfCCTV
26-01-2011, 23:17
I was surprised at that result too I have to say thought there'd be some kind of backlash since its all public nominated and Corrie did have that big storyline which seemed quite popular (I don't watch it, but saw it in the TV guide/mentioned on daytime telly) however one of the cast's reaction was a bit un-sportsman like, shaking his head when EE were awarded it and not looking at the stage when they were accepting it?..

I'd hoped Olga Fedori would win Best Newcomer but oh well, least she got nominated. :)

alan45
26-01-2011, 23:21
I think you'll find it's Eastenders. If you can't get it right, or it pains you too much to do so, don't bother in future.

Its Deadenders to me and always will be. If you don't like that or it pains you too much to do so, don't bother reading or commenting on my posts

Siobhan
27-01-2011, 09:12
I swear they just picked my votes.. I vote for all of them except I picked BBC news instead of this morning... I am happy with the result
(with all respect I don't watch other soaps so I couldn't vote for them)

alan45
27-01-2011, 09:27
Just wondering how they will be able to give Lacey Turner an award next year now she has left the square.

Perhaps the Tweenies will vote her for a lifetime achievement award

alan45
27-01-2011, 09:28
... I am happy with the result
(with all respect I don't watch other soaps so I couldn't vote for them)

You dont know what you are missing Shiv :)

Siobhan
27-01-2011, 09:32
You dont know what you are missing Shiv :)

I do..time with my children!! My mum watches them all.. I keep up with them sometimes on here so I pass on spoliers to my mum as she is a soap addict. I use to watch corrie, emmerdale and Home and away but they just slipped away...

Delighted Top Gear got an award!! I will miss BBC when I move to Germany...

Siobhan
27-01-2011, 09:34

Alan always calls it that.. I guess after nearly 6 year we are all use to it...

alan45
27-01-2011, 09:40
I think you will be able to watch the BBC in Deucthland. Im sure Perdita will tell you how as she watches them all

Perdita
27-01-2011, 09:48
I think you will be able to watch the BBC in Deucthland. Im sure Perdita will tell you how as she watches them all

Sure :D

Siobhan
27-01-2011, 09:59

Yeah... I hope so... I need to watch F1 on the bbc

alan45
27-01-2011, 10:01
Yeah... I hope so... I need to watch F1 on the bbc
I wouldnt worry too much about being able to see F1 in Germany as Im sure German TV will be showing lots of it because of Vettel

Siobhan
27-01-2011, 10:05
I wouldnt worry too much about being able to see F1 in Germany as Im sure German TV will be showing lots of it because of Vettel

yeah they do but I still haven't gotten use to hearing Vettel or Schmacher speak German :lol:

tammyy2j
27-01-2011, 10:16
Emmerdale and Marc and Danny were robbed

Abigail
27-01-2011, 11:27

My sister lived in Germany for 5 years and got Sky tv. As they were in the Army there was somebody on camp who was an agent for Sky and came to fit it. It works like Sky in the UK and has all the English channels plus German ones but is obviously an hour behind because of the time difference.

alan45
27-01-2011, 11:34
EastEnders actor Steve McFadden has said that he was "really shocked" and "thrilled" by the soap's victory at the National Television Awards.

The BBC show secured the 'Most Popular Serial Drama' prize at last night's ceremony in London, beating off competition from Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks.

Echoing comments made by co-star Jessie Wallace (Kat Moon), McFadden explained that he had expected Corrie to be victorious following its dramatic 50th anniversary episodes.

Speaking to reporters after the ceremony, McFadden revealed: "I personally am really shocked. They've had a great year and put some great episodes together.

"They really pushed it - and they lost. We are thrilled to win."

McFadden, better known as Walford's Phil Mitchell, had been in the running for the 'Serial Drama Performance' prize - but lost out to former colleague Lacey Turner (Stacey Branning) in the category. Meanwhile, Ricky Norwood won the 'Most Popular Newcomer' gong for his portrayal of Albert Square joker Fatboy Chubb.

alan45
28-01-2011, 00:43
EASTENDERS actor Marc Elliott reckons EMMERDALE deserved to win the serial drama gong at this year's National Television Awards.

The BBC1 show beat ITV1's Yorkshire-based soap - which won praise for its storyline about violent Aaron Livesy's battle to come to terms with his homosexuality just as boyfriend Jackson Walsh is paralysed.

Marc, who plays gay Syed Masood, said: "I hope I don't get told off for this, but I would have voted for those guys!"

alan45
28-01-2011, 00:45
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01238/Loser_1238586a.jpg

SOUR-faced Corrie star Jack P Shepherd is caught on live TV shaking his head as EastEnders is declared winner of the best serial drama gong.
Co-star Helen Worth tried to force a smile at the news - but Jack, 23, was branded a sore loser for his reaction.

He insisted: "I didn't mean for it to be taken seriously. It was just for the cameras."

EastEnders took three awards, putting Jo Joyner and Rita Simons in party mood.

But several Corrie stars left looking glum after it won nothing.

(c) The Sun

Chloe O'brien
28-01-2011, 12:14
yeah they do but I still haven't gotten use to hearing Vettel or Schmacher speak German :lol:

Oh I better they sound even sexier when they talk in German. xxx

Siobhan
28-01-2011, 12:44
Oh I better they sound even sexier when they talk in German. xxx

Have you heard the german language.. it is not that sexy!

Chloe O'brien
28-01-2011, 12:53
I have and I know it's not the sexiest language, but Vettel and Schumi can make it sound sexy.

tammyy2j
28-01-2011, 13:55
EASTENDERS actor Marc Elliott reckons EMMERDALE deserved to win the serial drama gong at this year's National Television Awards.

The BBC1 show beat ITV1's Yorkshire-based soap - which won praise for its storyline about violent Aaron Livesy's battle to come to terms with his homosexuality just as boyfriend Jackson Walsh is paralysed.

Marc, who plays gay Syed Masood, said: "I hope I don't get told off for this, but I would have voted for those guys!"

I agree

Chloe O'brien
28-01-2011, 23:25
The only awards I agreed wiith were "The Inbetweeners and Top Gear.

Katy
29-01-2011, 10:13
how coronation street didnt win i do not know!

Ruffed_lemur
30-01-2011, 17:49
how coronation street didnt win i do not know!

Probably down to being good and bad throughout the year, which all the soaps have IMO. Coro st. let themselves down for me with the rubbish Tracy storyline after the excellent crash storyline.

alan45
30-01-2011, 18:38
Kevin O'Sullivan in the Sunday Mirror sums it up perfectly

Best drama… Waterloo Road. Best comedy… *Benidorm. Best soap… EastEnders. Worst awards … the NTAs.
What a joke! *Seriously… it’s not funny. Like Dermot O’Leary.
So we’re at *London’s star-studded O2 Arena for a glittering *ceremony they might as well not bother with. Because the monotonously repetitive Nat*ional Television Awards are always the same. Without fail.
Step back in amazement... Ant and Dec are named Best *Entertainment Presenters. For the 10th year in a row.
OMG would you believe it... Lacey Turner scoops the honours for the best performance in a *serial drama. Just as she has five times before.
And, after a terrible 12 months throughout which it was soundly thrashed by the infinitely *superior Coronation Street and Emmerdale, drearily offensive EastEnders is hailed as the nation’s top soap opera.
While Albert Square’s finest gather triumphantly on the stage, desperate Dermot squeals: “What was it that pushed you over the edge to win this?”
Perry Fenwick: “Don’t ask me.” Steve McFadden: “I haven’t got a clue.” Says it all, really.
The problem with asking the public to decide is that most grown-ups can’t be bothered to waste their lives voting for *minor celebs and daft TV shows.
And so you’re left with a strange bunch of devoted super-fans who think Waterloo Road is better than Sherlock.
And *Benidorm is funnier than Harry Hill’s TV Burp. Oh well, the people have spoken.
And at least ITV’s annual celeb*ration of *mediocrity lasts only two-and-a-half hours. That’s right… 150 long minutes we’ll never get back.
But oh look… it’s busty duo Alesha Dixon and Holly Willoughby. All four of them.
Leaving little to the imagination, the low-cut cuties (sexism alert!) hand the Best *Entertainment Programme trophy to I’m A Celeb. Which, bafflingly, is up against QI and Mock The Week. Ludicrous.
Good to see jungle favourites Stacey Solomon and Shaun Ryder back together. But what’s that *Chilean miner *doing confusing squirming Dermot by speaking Spanish? Excruciating.
Meanwhile, *victorious This *Morning man Phil Schofield reminds us that *tomorrow Gino D’Acampo has vowed to cook in the nude. Note to self: must miss that.
And just before The X Factor inevitably crushes Strictly in the Best Talent Show cat*egory, smirking Simon Cowell *salutes defiantly un-hilarious loser O’Leary for not being best presenter. Unsurprising, considering his witless display this evening.
“It’s not about winning,” deadpans the Dark Lord. “It’s about taking part, right? Awkward.” Not really Simon... no one beats Ant and Dec at the NTAs. Ever.
Then, capping off a night to forget, “Sir” Bruce Forsyth gets a Special Recognition gong. But refuses to retire.
Why should he? He’s not even 90 yet.

Katy
31-01-2011, 07:41
haha! quality! I love that.

parkerman
31-01-2011, 08:20
Kevin O'Sullivan in the Sunday Mirror sums it up perfectly

Beat me to it! I was going to post that myself this morning! :D