PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hello

Briony
28-09-2010, 11:07
Being new to SoapBoards, I didn't think it would be very polite to just "dive-in" without saying a quick Hi first. :)

My favourite soaps are Corrie and Emmerdale, but I can see that there are lots of other lively, interesting threads here, so looking forward to joining-in with you, if that's okay. :D

Siobhan
28-09-2010, 11:21
Well Hello Briony.. welcome and if you need anything.. shout!!

tammyy2j
28-09-2010, 11:32
Hello and Welcome

Chloe O'brien
28-09-2010, 11:36
Welcome to the boards Briony. You've come to the right place.

Perdita
28-09-2010, 11:49
Hi Briony, welcome to SoapBoards :D

moonstorm
28-09-2010, 12:11
Hi Briony and welcome.

Briony
28-09-2010, 12:22
Gosh, thank you all for such a nice welcome :D

CrazyLea
28-09-2010, 12:51
Hey Briony! Welcome :D Hope you enjoy it!! :) x

Dazzle
28-09-2010, 16:08
Welcome to Soapboards, Briony. I hope you come to love it here as much as I do :)

Briony
28-09-2010, 17:02
Thank you too, Crazylea and Dazzle, I'm still exploring and getting my bearings, but enjoying it already. :D

Perdita
28-09-2010, 17:50
Love your avatar, Briony :)

Briony
28-09-2010, 20:20
Thank you Perdita. You might have guessed that I'm a cat-person, we are "servants" to three - all former strays. :D

Perdita
28-09-2010, 20:44
I totally agree with you and I always say that I am the biggest cat lover on earth, but I guess there are other people claiming the same lol, but there are beautiful creatures :) Good on you for giving them a home :cheer:

Briony
29-09-2010, 09:26
I totally agree with you and I always say that I am the biggest cat lover on earth, but I guess there are other people claiming the same lol, but there are beautiful creatures :) Good on you for giving them a home :cheer:

I think it's lovely to actually be "chosen" by a cat. Quite a few have turned-up on our doorstep over the years, and made it quite clear that they want to move-in!! lol. No amount of advertising, scanning the "Lost Pets" columns (or these days, the internet websites which are dedicated to finding lost animals) ever seems to determine where the "waifs" have come from. Can't say no to them though.

The most we've ever had at one time, are five. But as mentioned above, currently we have three. :D

Siobhan
29-09-2010, 09:37
Thank you Perdita. You might have guessed that I'm a cat-person, we are "servants" to three - all former strays. :D

Oh I love cats too.. I have 5 at the moment (all strays) Mammy, 3 babies and Daddy.. Mammy pregnant again so I am sure I will have more soon although she disappears for days on end but her kittens stay... they are mental!! but I love them

Briony
29-09-2010, 10:09
Oh I love cats too.. I have 5 at the moment (all strays) Mammy, 3 babies and Daddy.. Mammy pregnant again so I am sure I will have more soon although she disappears for days on end but her kittens stay... they are mental!! but I love them

Gosh Siobhan, you have quite a houseful! I expect they keep you quite busy, particularly the little ones. It looks like their Mum is confident that you will take good care of them during her absence. Cats instinctively seem to "know" these things, don't you think? :D

Siobhan
29-09-2010, 10:18
Yeah.. I reckon so.. they are not the friendliest of cats.. all still very wild but they allow me to pet them so it is good progress.. before when I opened the door they would run and hide.. Very surprised when they stayed around but they seem to like my garden and have a regular supply of food.. plus they are getting use to my kids.. They actually growl when i feed them chicken... so funny!!

I have named them after footballers so I have Ouzel, Messi and Francisco Rodiguez (the kittens).. Rasher (not a footballer) is the mammy and Shaft is the daddy..

Briony
29-09-2010, 11:54
Aww, they sound lovely Siobhan, and you've given them great names. It's quite a priviledge when you earn the trust of a semi-wild creature.

In the past, we have had cats turn up, who were desperately thin, hungry and very scared of humans. It would take a lot of patience and gentle talk (yes... I do talk to our cats :) and so does hubby!!) but eventually, there would come a moment when they would get brave enough to cautiously approach.

That first little stroke of a cheek, or head always felt wonderful - a sort of milestone really. From then onwards, they seemed to get the idea that we were "okay for humans!!" Lol The ones who had the worst beginnings, often turned into the most loving companions. :D

Oops! Just noticed the time... got to get ready for a trip to the dentist. Just routine today. :)

Dazzle
29-09-2010, 16:28
Hope it went ok at the dentist, Briony.

I'm another cat (and dog) lover who takes in strays/unwanted animals. I've just lost a cat who turned up on my doorstep 13 years ago to cancer, and I'm so grateful she chose me. I've got another cat and two dogs, all other people's unwanted pets, to console me though.

It's wonderful to hear of others helping strays/unwanted animals :).

Briony
29-09-2010, 17:15
Hope it went ok at the dentist, Briony.

I'm another cat (and dog) lover who takes in strays/unwanted animals. I've just lost a cat who turned up on my doorstep 13 years ago to cancer, and I'm so grateful she chose me. I've got another cat and two dogs, all other people's unwanted pets, to console me though.

It's wonderful to hear of others helping strays/unwanted animals :).

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that you've just lost a cat, Dazzle, :( most of us animal-lovers know how terribly sad it is to lose them. It's something we've been through here, more times than I care to count, because quite a few of our much-loved furry family came to us as mature (sometimes very mature) cats. But all of them are fondly remembered.

It's so nice to find others here, who share such a love of animals. :)

Oh, and yes thank you, the dentist visit was fine :thumbsup:

Abigail
29-09-2010, 20:12
Welcome to the boards Briony :) Looks like you've settled in very well already.

StarsOfCCTV
29-09-2010, 23:01
Welcome to the boards! :D