PDA

View Full Version : Emmerdale Train Crash Horror ******* CONTAINS SPOILER************

alan45
28-09-2010, 00:18
This is the dramatic moment that a train collides with Jackson Walsh's van in Emmerdale, leaving the life of a show favourite hanging in the balance.

In shock scenes to air next Wednesday, disaster will strike after Jackson (Marc Silcock) and boyfriend Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller) head out for the night with Paddy Kirk (Dominic Brunt) and Marlon Dingle (Mark Charnock).

The foursome travel together in Jackson's van, but a tragic twist of fate sees the vehicle veer off the road, flip upside down and end up on some nearby train tracks.

Soon afterwards, the driver of an oncoming train spots the vehicle's bright lights ahead - but quickly realises that he has no time to avoid a devastating collision.

http://i2.cdnds.net/10/39/550w_soaps_emmerdale_crash_aut_2010_1.jpg

While Aaron, Jackson, Paddy and Marlon all get into the vehicle at the start of the evening, one will be left in jeopardy after the crash. However, details of whose life will be left on the line are being kept closely under wraps until transmission.

An Emmerdale spokesperson commented: "This is an incredibly dramatic episode and is the start of one of the most emotional stories we'll ever tell.

"In a tragic turn of events, it will bring together four of our most cherished characters for a gripping and poignant hour-long special which will leave viewers with their hearts in their mouths."

http://i2.cdnds.net/10/39/550w_soaps_emmerdale_crash_aut_2010_2.jpg

Emmerdale's shock train crash airs on Wednesday, October 6 at 7pm on ITV1.

Perdita
28-09-2010, 07:08
Emmerdale's Danny Miller has revealed that he believes next week's 'cataclysmic collision' will be among the best episodes ever seen by viewers.

In dramatic scenes, a train will be seen smashing into a car carrying Aaron (Miller), Jackson (Marc Silcock), Paddy (Dominic Brunt) and Marlon (Mark Charnock) as they return from a night out. One of the four's life will be left in jeopardy.

"The stunt and the episode are both amazing," Miller said. "It embodies everything Emmerdale is about."

He continued: "Filming for the bar was hilarious and then in complete contrast, the emotional drama on location was great to get my teeth into. It's a spectacular episode but this will only mark the start, what comes after is incredible.

"From watching Emmerdale since I was a child, I personally think it will be one of the best episodes viewers have ever seen."

Miller, who was named 'Best Actor' at the Inside Soap Awards yesterday, admitted that Aaron won't deal with the impact of the accident well.

"Aaron keeps his cards close to his chest, he always has," he said. "It won't matter whether he's the one behind the wheel or not – whoever's life is in jeopardy that night, Aaron will struggle to cope with the consequences. He'll more than likely want to shut everyone else out to deal with it alone."

raelouise
28-09-2010, 17:19
i got a feeling it's going to be Jackson! so gunna cry in this ep! :(

tammyy2j
28-09-2010, 17:21
I dont think anyone dies but Jackson is left paralysed

Perdita
28-09-2010, 17:31
Emmerdale's Danny Miller has revealed that his character's ongoing "self-loathing" storyline will continue until the "back-end of next year".

Miller, who scooped two gongs at the Inside Soap Awards for his role as gay teenager Aaron Livesy, told Digital Spy that next week's dramatic crash will allow viewers the chance to see just how much "Aaron loves Jackson".

The 'Best Actor' winner admitted that he does not think Aaron and Jackson (Marc Silcock) will settle down.

Click 'play' on the video below to find out what Danny had to say.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a279162/danny-miller-discusses-aaron-plot.html#article_continue

raelouise
28-09-2010, 18:22
I bought TV choice today and on the front it's got who dies? :(

Perdita
28-09-2010, 18:37
who?

alan45
28-09-2010, 23:26
Tragedy strikes Emmerdale next week when an oncoming train smashes into a car, leaving a character’s life hanging in the balance.

> Find out the latest Emmerdale spoilers.

Will it be hapless Marlon, who has finally found love with Rhona? Might it be Paddy, who has been Aaron’s rock throughout the trials and tribulations of the last year? Could it be Jackson, who has just confessed the depth of his feelings for Aaron? Or will Aaron be the one to meet a tragic and untimely fate?

Marlon is so loved up with Rhona he seems to have been neglecting best pal Paddy recently, is that why they decide to have a night out together?

"They team up for a typical Paddy/Marlon night which involves computer games and takeaway food with cans of beer. But they both just look at themselves and think right, we’re still here still doing the same thing, let’s do something else. Paddy mentions Aaron has planned a night out so they decide to get out of the village and have some fun."

Have they any idea they are going to a gay bar?

"Not a single clue until Jackson tries to order a taxi and Marlon sees Paddy react to the name of the bar. They both go into which they don’t really come out of until they have had a few more beers and are strutting their stuff on the dance floor a few hours later."

They aren’t aware of the awkward situation between Aaron and Jackson so how do the boys react to having these two dancing dad types tag along on their night?

"Aaron’s really not happy! They have obviously forced this situation on the lads and unbeknown to them it’s actually a big night for Aaron because he’s trying to prove himself to Jackson. Aaron is worried that Jackson will think that he’s bought them along as a buffer."

What happens in the bar? Do they have fun?

"Paddy and Marlon are full of wonder, they have such a laugh. The next thing you see is Marlon and Paddy throwing shapes on the dance floor and letting go of all their inhibitions. They get really drunk and Paddy and Marlon get a bit emotional about their friendship and how much they love each other."

The whole night is fantastic but it goes horribly wrong when the van is hit by the car, what can the viewers expect from this episode?

"It’s one of those amazing hour long specials that turns completely on his head. It’s romantic and very funny and then fate just flips it in the last 5 minutes. What’s brilliant about it is that it’s been played so light throughout, then it just comes like a bolt from the blue. It absolutely staggers you as a viewer. I cried when I read the script."

What was it like for you to film this episode and what follows?

"The episode is a rom-com but without the happy ending. It was fantastic to be involved in it. It’s always exciting to do something that is a bit special and getting to work with Danny, Dom and Marc has been such a laugh. The director, Duncan Foster, has done a brilliant job of making it look like this thronging nightclub and in admist of it all these four guys are blissfully unaware their lives are about to change forever."

How would you describe the stunt?

"Duncan Foster, the director, has filmed a lot of big stunts so he absolutely knows how to film an action sequence and make it look like something you’d only see in a cinema. They have covered it with a million shots and it’s going to look spectacular, and quite shocking. The viewers will be on the edge of their seats as they think it’s over but there’s more to come. It really is something else.

Mark.Fowler
29-09-2010, 10:44
The railway footage you'll see in Emmerdale was filmed at the Great Central Railway Nottingham (GCRN) at Ruddington, Notts.
The filming took-place over a week-long period in the middle of August and features a privately-owned diesel locomotive.
Our volunteers were involved in the filming (the locomotive is driven by our fully qualified traincrew, some of which are also the locomotive's owners.
The locomotive will feature during our October 23rd+24th Diesel Gala event, so if you want pictures of yourselves with this locomotive, that's the time to visit.

GCRN facilities have ben used for both "Emmerdale", and previously for an episode of "The Royal".
We have more details and information on our website at http://www.gcrn.co.uk and we have a Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ruddington-United-Kingdom/GCRN/164471008690?v=wall

Mark Fowler
Great Central Railway Nottingham (GCRN)

Chloe O'brien
29-09-2010, 11:32
It has to be Jackson or Paddy that is seriously injured as Aaron cares more for these two more than Marlon. I don't think Jackson will die as there would be no point in bringing in Pauline Quirke's caracter if they were going to write Jackson out.

Perdita
29-09-2010, 17:43
Emmerdale producer Gavin Blyth has denied that the soap is trying to copy Coronation Street with next week's train crash.

Dramatic events will see one life left in jeopardy as Aaron (Danny Miller), Jackson (Marc Silcock), Paddy (Dominic Brunt) and Marlon (Mark Charnock) enjoy a night out.

Speaking at a press launch for the episode today, Blyth was asked if the event is similar to Corrie's upcoming tram crash.

"No, obviously we're two months ahead of Corrie so our planning was practically a year ago for this," he said. "We couldn't be any different. I mean theirs is a tram but ours is away from the village and this is the start of the story - this is the one thing I can't stress enough."

He continued: "So it's got absolutely nothing to do with Corrie or what they are doing, which I'm sure they'll do fantastically well. We're our own show with our own stories and this is the start of it, not the end.

"This is just an event which signifies the start of a hugely difficult story."

Actor Brunt added that he does not view the actual smash as the main storyline.

"i almost feel that the crash isn't the story at all," he said. "It's just the catalyst that starts the whole real story, whereas I think the stunt at Corrie will be the story."

Perdita
29-09-2010, 21:43
Emmerdale's Marc Silcock has confirmed that he has extended his contract to remain in the show until spring next year.

The actor, who portrays Jackson Walsh, told Digital Spy that he was pleased to know that he will have spent at least a year in the Yorkshire soap.

"I've just been extended, which takes me through until spring next year, which is fantastic," he said.

He continued: "At the moment, I know I'm there until early next year. I'm there for the first couple of months of 2011 which will be great as it will see me through a year.

"What happens after that is completely up to the bosses but all I know is that."

Emmerdale's executive producer Gavin Blyth praised Silcock and said that it would have been "silly" of the soap to let him go.

"Marc's performances have been absolutely fantastic," he said. "So we would be silly not to keep him and enjoy more of Marc and Jackson."

He added: "We've actually just extended his contract a little bit more into 2011 which is great. The chemistry is so good and the story has proved phenomenally successful.

"We'd be daft to break that partnership up."

:cheer:

kayliee94
30-09-2010, 10:27
Emmerdale's Marc Silcock has confirmed that he has extended his contract to remain in the show until spring next year.

The actor, who portrays Jackson Walsh, told Digital Spy that he was pleased to know that he will have spent at least a year in the Yorkshire soap.

"I've just been extended, which takes me through until spring next year, which is fantastic," he said.

He continued: "At the moment, I know I'm there until early next year. I'm there for the first couple of months of 2011 which will be great as it will see me through a year.

"What happens after that is completely up to the bosses but all I know is that."

Emmerdale's executive producer Gavin Blyth praised Silcock and said that it would have been "silly" of the soap to let him go.

"Marc's performances have been absolutely fantastic," he said. "So we would be silly not to keep him and enjoy more of Marc and Jackson."

He added: "We've actually just extended his contract a little bit more into 2011 which is great. The chemistry is so good and the story has proved phenomenally successful.

thais means jackson don't die????????????? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :) :)

tammyy2j
30-09-2010, 11:32

I love Aaron and Jackson together

Perdita
30-09-2010, 11:41
Sharon Marshall just said it would be either Aaron, Jackson, Paddy or Marlon. As they don't want to break up the partnership, it won't be Aaron or Jackson...leaves Paddy or Marlon. As Aaron is going to have problems with the result of the accident it could be Paddy, who he regards as father figure, I have not seen that much of a relationship with Aaron and Marlon. :(

alan45
01-10-2010, 21:59
More of the Interview with Aaron

What’s the atmosphere like between Aaron and Jackson since Jackson told him he loved him?

"The atmosphere between them is not good at all really. Jackson truly believed Aaron would reciprocate his love so when he couldn’t find it in him to say those three words, Jackson was just embarrassed."

Aaron didn’t reciprocate - does he feel the same way?

"He genuinely doesn’t know if he feels the same way, it’s all a bit too much too soon for him. Aaron just doesn’t say anything back to Jackson so it makes the situation worse."

Does he feel he’s too young to be settling down? Especially as Jackson’s his first relationship since coming out?

"Yes, definitely, he feels far too young to settle down and jump into such a serious relationship. It really just feels too quick for him - he’s still coming to terms with and accepting, who he is."

Jackson sarcastically congratulates Aaron for controlling his temper - do you think Aaron could change for Jackson? Or is it comments like these that push him away?

"I think he probably could change for him if he really put his mind to it, forgot the past and got on with his life but I think Aaron still has a few issues to deal with first. It’s a really tough job and huge commitment - Aaron is quite set in his ways. We’ve seen both Chas and Paddy try over the last couple of years and failed to succeed so I don’t see how Jackson could."

Whose idea is it to have a night on the town?

"It's Aaron’s idea - it’s his way of trying to make it up to Jackson. He suggests they go to a local gay bar as a way of proving to Jackson he is comfortable being together. Of course, Aaron doesn’t plan on Paddy and Marlon coming along so his initial plans are scuppered somewhat!"

How does Aaron react when they tag along because in the past Aaron has got quite angry about people encroaching on his and Jackson’s alone time?

"At first he’s a bit annoyed as it’s supposed to be their night out and he wants to build some bridges with Jackson. His concern is more about what Jackson thinks but when he says he’s ok with them coming Aaron relaxes."

What happens whilst they are out, do they have fun?

"Yes, Aaron and Jackson are having a ball - laughing at Marlon and Paddy dancing and making fools of themselves. It’s actually just what they needed - they’re relaxed in each others company and having fun. It gives Aaron the chance to apologise and they both agree to put the past behind them and just enjoy their time together. However, when something ignites the volatile side of Aaron, Jackson has to question if he ever will ever be able to change."

The night takes a horrible turn, can you describe how it transpires?

"That would be telling, but the night goes drastically downhill from there. The four of them go out but when someone takes to the wheel of the vehicle, his life will be left hanging in the balance after he looses control and crashes on to a railway track with a train fast approaching."

How would describe this episode in one sentence?

"From watching Emmerdale since I was a child, I personally think it will be one of the best episodes viewers have ever seen."

Obviously it is a really harrowing and emotional episode, with all the highs and lows, what was it like to film?

"The stunt and the episode are both amazing. It embodies everything Emmerdale is about. Filming for the bar was hilarious and then in complete contrast, the emotional drama on location was great to get my teeth into. It’s a spectacular episode but this will only mark the start, what comes after is incredible."

Aaron’s got a relationship with everyone out that night. How do you think he’ll react to the tragic consequences?

"Aaron keeps his cards close to his chest, he always has. It won’t matter whether he’s the one behind the wheel or not - whoever’s life is in jeopardy that night, Aaron will struggle to cope with the consequences. He’ll more than likely want to shut everyone else out to deal with it alone."

alan45
02-10-2010, 17:25
http://holysoapcdn.five.tv/assets/images/17082/Emmerdale_Gallery_5-1_1286023562_large.jpg?1286024417

http://holysoapcdn.five.tv/assets/images/17084/Emmerdale_Gallery_6-1_1286023563_large.jpg?1286024419

The afternath of the train crash

alan45
04-10-2010, 11:54
They're both long-running soaps set in the North - and that's not where the similarities between Emmerdale and Coronation Street end.

The two soaps also both have major crash scenes coming up: Corrie with a big tram crash to mark their 50th anniversary, and Emmerdale a big train crash.

But Dominic Brunt, who plays Paddy in Emmerdale, insists the two crashes can't be compared.

He said: "I feel the crash isn't the story at all, it's just the catalyst that starts the real story. The stunt in Corrie is the story. That's the difference."

The crash happens next week, when Paddy and Marlon decide to tag along with Aaron and Jackson on a night out to find out what a gay club is like.

But the night goes horribly wrong and one of the four lads' life will be on the line when their van veers on to a train track on the way home.

Producer Gavin Blyth said they were not trying to out-do Corrie

"We're two months ahead of Corrie, so our planning was practically a year ago for this. It couldn't be any more different," he said.

"Theirs is a tram, yes, but ours is away from the village. This is the start of the story, it's the one thing I can't stress enough.

"It's nothing to do with Corrie or what they are do, which I'm sure they will do fantastically well. We're out own show with our own stories and this is the start, not the end. This is just an event which signifies the start of a hugely difficult story."

But you'll will have to wait until the dramatic scenes air next week to find which of the four is left fighting for their lives.

Perdita
06-10-2010, 10:37
Last month it was the EastEnders pub fire that got everyone talking, and tonight it's Emmerdale's turn to screen one of the most-anticipated soap episodes of the year.

As we all know by now, one character's life will be left hanging in the balance this evening when a night out for Aaron, Jackson, Paddy and Marlon ends in tragedy.

Heading out together in Jackson's van, the foursome have no idea that their night will become one to remember for all the wrong reasons - but which one of them will be left in jeopardy?

By the end of the night, disaster strikes when the vehicle veers off the road, flips upside down and ends up on some nearby train tracks - right into the path of an oncoming train.

Fortunately for those who like a surprise, details of who will be in the van at the time of the collision are being kept closely under wraps - as is the outcome of the devastating crash.

With all the uncertainty surrounding what actually occurs in the episode, tuning in tonight is definitely a must!

alan45
07-10-2010, 00:40
This is the devastating moment that Jackson Walsh's loved ones realise that he is fighting for his life due to the injuries he suffered in Emmerdale's devastating train collision.

Following the tragic twist of fate which saw his van crash onto a level crossing before being hit by an oncoming train, Jackson is rushed to hospital - where his boyfriend Aaron, mum Hazel and friend Paddy endure an agonising wait for news.

When a doctor is finally able to give the trio an update on Jackson's condition, they are heartbroken to learn that he's critical and may not pull through.

http://i2.cdnds.net/10/40/550w_soaps_emmerdale_train_crash_aftermath_3.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/10/40/550w_soaps_emmerdale_train_crash_aftermath_2.jpg

Speaking of tonight's episode, Aaron's portrayer Danny Miller commented: "Aaron is consumed with guilt because he blames himself for the accident. He is clinging on to the hope that Jackson will pull through because losing him is unthinkable."

The soap's series producer Gavin Blyth added: "This is the beginning of a huge story for Emmerdale and tonight's episodes are wrought with emotion. I'm incredibly proud of the performances which make for compelling viewing as Jackson's life hangs in the balance."

Emmerdale continues tonight at 7pm and 8pm on ITV1.

alan45
07-10-2010, 00:41
Of course as we all know Jackson doesnt die and his daddy comes to join the soap.

tammyy2j
07-10-2010, 10:55
Of course as we all know Jackson doesnt die and his daddy comes to join the soap.

Who has been cast as his daddy?

alan45
07-10-2010, 11:23
Its all here http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?110380-Marc-Silcock-Interview

Michael J Jackson

http://michael-j-jackson.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/michael-j-jackson.jpg.w300h310.jpg

tammyy2j
07-10-2010, 12:57
Michael J. Jackson has joined the cast of Emmerdale, Digital Spy can confirm.

The stage and screen actor is to play Jackson Walsh's (Marc Silcock) father Jerry. He will make his debut on screen this Friday after being contacted by his estranged wife Hazel (Pauline Quirke) in the aftermath of tonight's accident.

Speaking to DS, Silcock revealed that viewers will discover a lot about Jackson through his "strained" relationship with Jerry.

"This is a big key to understanding why Jackson is like he is," he teased. "Why he is so understanding of Aaron (Danny Miller) and why the relationship is as it is."

He added: "We understand that a lot seeing his father and seeing the interaction between Pauline Quirke and Michael. We will understand a lot of Jackson's background."

Silcock recently confirmed that he has extended his contract until next spring.

I remember him in Brookside

Michael J Jackson playing Jackson's dad :lol:

lizann
07-10-2010, 17:09
The last 10 minutes was really well done last night

Poor Aaron and Jackson