PDA

View Full Version : does it concern us

callummc
13-06-2005, 19:31
Just a thought but even though EE is funded by our licence,if the cast etc do their job and ee is good have we any right to know what goes on,even if all the cast are clawing each others eyes out,if peoplle are considering leaving or having domestic problems,have drug or alcohol problems,use webcams or anything else they care to do,what has any of it really got to do with us,as long as it dosn't affect the end result.Personally now i think the press should only be allowed to report on things which are brought to court. ie drunk driving,possesion of drugs,shopliting ,drunken behaviour in public etc and only after thev'e been found guilty in court-have we the right to be judge ,jury and executioner on peoples private lifes just because we enjoy the job people do,i'd like to hear other peoples views on this.

Abi
13-06-2005, 19:44
well people tend to feel like htey almost "Know" the actors, so wamt to know everything that goes on in their lives. At the end of the day, the media just wants to sell and get money, so they'll print anything that gets the readers attention

Jade
13-06-2005, 19:49
We may not have the right so to spek, but people who are in the media ie actors, popstars know the score before they decide to get into that profession.

Also if you notice not as many corrie stars are in the media in a negative way, there has been a few, dev and Steve (or they actors that play them), but not as many EE, is this because corrie stars are more clean living and better role models (this is not my opinion, just something ive noticed)

Also there is the whole role model thing, people who are in the public eye weather they like it or not becomes role models to us minions who are not.

Will add more to this later as I quite like the whole media debate!!!

Abi
13-06-2005, 20:04
yeah i agree with that. They knew what was expected of them before they entered the spotlight, at the end of the day they are role models, so if they mess up, the media is goin 2 tell the public. As i said, they want to sell their newspapers, get more listeners, get more viewers ETC so its the perfect oppotunity for them to do this. If the actors-actress dont want their names and pictures all over the papers, then they shouldn't drink-drive ETC

Having said that, i agree that actors should have privacy if its somthing to do with their friends/family/children because i dont think its fair that they are put into teh publics eye that much- especially small children. However, i think with drink/driving ETc then as i said, they knew what would happen, so they brought it on themselves

callummc
13-06-2005, 20:05
With regards to corrie being from manchester i can tell you that a lot of them are not as clean living as you think,but with the majority of the tabloids being based in london it meend ee cop it and those from corrie are lucky or londons got more grasses than manchester or more people willing to reck someonrs life for cash.

Abi
13-06-2005, 20:31
I dont think it really matters where things are based. For example, the American actors and actresses are in America, yet they are still all over our papers ETC.

Secondly, as Jude said, the actors and actresses from Corrie aren't completly squecky clean, as shown by Dev and Steve. Surely this proves that it doesn't matter about the location.

I understand what your saying, but i think Media uses stories from all over the country, not just from local places

callummc
13-06-2005, 20:51
what gets to me is when you see a full page spread of a celeb and somewhere in a little corner there's real news like a murder or a pedofile os something like that

Jade
13-06-2005, 21:47
At the end of the day, the media is all about what sells. In this present climate its sleaze, we are the ones buying the papers and read the stories and commenting on them. Because we are even discussing the issue the media has done its job.

Start reading the Independant!! its a refreshing change!!

Dont get me started on rupert merdoch or advertising!!!