PDA

View Full Version : Baby girl for David and Samantha Cameron

Perdita
25-08-2010, 07:11
Prime Minister David Cameron's wife Samantha gave birth to a baby girl on Tuesday, a spokesman said, making the child only the second born to a serving British premier in more than 160 years.

"The prime minister and Mrs Cameron are delighted to announce the birth of their fourth child, a baby girl," the Downing Street spokesman said.

"Both the baby -- who was born weighing six pounds, one ounce (2.7 kilogrammes) -- and Mrs Cameron are doing very well."

The family were a few days into their summer holiday in Cornwall, southwest England, when Samantha Cameron went into labour.

When the pregnancy was announced in March, the baby was said to be due in September.

Samantha Cameron was driven to the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro by car, arriving at 8:00 am (0700 GMT).

The couple posed for photographs on Sunday at Daymer Bay beach in Cornwall, with a heavily pregnant Samantha, 39, wearing a patterned yellow dress and a cardigan.

The Camerons already have a daughter, Nancy, six, and a four-year-old son, Arthur. Their first child, Ivan, who had cerebral palsy and severe epilepsy, died suddenly in February last year, aged six.

The baby girl is only the second child born to a serving British premier since 1849 -- Tony Blair's son Leo was the first in 2000.

Cameron, 43, had repeatedly said he wanted to have another child after Ivan's death.

Last September, he said: "I don't believe Britain is over-populated. I don't have any plans to reduce it.

"I would quite like to add to it, personally, by quite possibly one, at some stage in the future."

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has been in day-to-day charge of the government while Cameron has been away.

parkerman
25-08-2010, 10:33
Interrupting this programme, we bring you the sensational news that, down in Cornwall, a woman has had a baby. The husband is said to be very pleased.

To be repeated every 15 minutes for at least a week.

alan45
28-08-2010, 02:43
Apparently Bears sh!t in the woods as welll