PDA

View Full Version : Must Be The Music

Perdita
05-08-2010, 13:09
Fearne Cotton has admitted that she has been "blown away" by the talent on Sky1 reality show Must Be The Music.

The Radio 1 DJ will host the new music series, which is hunting for skilled musicians, regardless of style or whether they are singers, groups, solo acts or instrumentalists. Jamie Cullum, Sharleen Spiteri and Dizzee Rascal were previously confirmed as the judges.

Speaking on her official website about the new show, Cotton said: "We have done our first two days of auditions and its been going really well. I'm blown away by the raw talent that we've seen so far and think the viewers will be too.

"People of all ages and musical inclination and background are on the show, there are no rules or limits as long as they are good and passionate. The judges are having a ball too! They are people who know the business inside out and understand the inner workings of it from a performers point of view which I think is really valuable to the show and integrity of finding someone who can perform at a massive venue and win that big money prize!"

Speaking to the Manchester Evening News about the programme earlier this month, Cotton claimed that the acts would be more talented than the "karaoke" style performers on The X Factor.

"It's people genuinely into music, perhaps those who have already tried to make it, and this is another way to get seen, particularly in front of our amazing panel of judges," she said. "We're looking for someone, who at the end of this process, could perform at Wembley Arena and really wow people.

"The X Factor is about people singing to a backing track, this show is about a person or people performing out there on stage."

Must Be The Music will start on Sky1 in August.

Perdita
05-08-2010, 13:11
Jamie Cullum has claimed that he is "the nice guy" on the Must Be The Music judging panel.

The jazz musician, who is joined on the programme by Dizzee Rascal and Sharleen Spiteri, confessed that he will always try to find the positives in acts who audition on the music reality show.

"I'm the nice guy, the politest one. If it's not enough, I don't say, you're sh*t, leave," he said.

"It's about letting someone take something positive from the experience, so they can leave thinking that the judges said this, so that's what we're going to work on."

Speaking about what he is looking for in the winner of the show, he said: "We have a responsibility to find an act that will do something good with the money, that will seize this opportunity. It'd be great to see a band or performer that is ready to record and go on tour."

Must Be The Music starts on August 15 at 7pm on Sky1.

Siobhan
05-08-2010, 13:20
another reality show... they should scrap them all and get a good decent drama on.. Jim mcGovern, where are you???

tammyy2j
05-08-2010, 13:50
Speaking to the Manchester Evening News about the programme earlier this month, Cotton claimed that the acts would be more talented than the "karaoke" style performers on The X Factor.

Cotton started on Xtra Factor she should be more grateful and humble imo

I will probably give it a look but I agree there is way too many reality programmes around

Chloe O'brien
06-08-2010, 23:24
another reality show... they should scrap them all and get a good decent drama on.. Jim mcGovern, where are you???

As long as there are people putting money into reality shows there will less great dramas shows. Money talks tv companies don't have to pay wannabees to sing on tv but they have to pay great actors and actresses to appear in dramas.

Abbie
09-08-2010, 23:19
I think theres no point really, we already have a music show

Perdita
20-09-2010, 06:07
SOLO singer Emma Gillespie won hit show Must Be The Music last night and picked up a £100,000 prize.

The stunned 27-year-old, who sings under the name Emma's Imagination, grinned and giggled after she triumphed in the live final on Sky 1.

She sang her own compositions, Focus and This Day, beating five-piece band Missing Andy and pop rockers The Pictures in a public vote.

When presenter Fearne Cotton announced she had won, Emma said: "Thank you so much for supporting me. I couldn't have done it without you." But the tearful winner was so thrilled she was unable to get through a triumphant version of This Day.

She apologised to the audience of thousands at London's Wembley Arena.

Judge Dizzee Rascal got on stage to help, saying: "You have come this far, you have to sing for all those that voted for you!"

Favourites Pepper and Piano missed out on a spot in the final three.

All the contestants write and perform their own songs. This Day was racing up the iTunes download charts last night. It is No 10 in the UK charts.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3144621/Imagine-that-Emmas-won-it.html