PDA

View Full Version : Schmacher accused of dangerous driving

alan45
02-08-2010, 00:51
RUBENS BARRICHELLO has accused Michael Schumacher of nearly 'sending him to heaven' in a 200mph horror move in Hungary.
The Brazilian said: "I am lucky to be alive. It was a go-kart manoeuvre.
"If he wants to go to heaven, in the event he is going to heaven, I don't want to go before him.

"Thank God I was lucky the wall finished where it did because I was millimetres from it."
The flashpoint came when Barrichello claimed 10th place from the German with five laps left.
But in the push for a point, he almost ended up in the pitwall as Schuey put the squeeze on his former Ferrari team-mate. With the Williams driver attempting to pass his old rival, Barrichello came close to hitting the concrete barrier.

Stewards moved swiftly to hit Mercedes man Schumacher, 41, with a 10-place grid penalty at the Belgium GP in four weeks.
Barrichello, 38, rapped: "It was the most dangerous move against me that I've ever been through. It was horrible.
"What we want from racing is to have battles but to be fair.
"I said to the stewards we are two of the most experienced guys out there, and if Michael does that, it means kids can do that too.
"I am just very glad and very lucky we're here to talk."
Barrichello has had a string of run-ins with Schumacher over the years - including while they raced side-by-side at Ferrari. The Sao Paulo flier added: "He's taking something from the past into the present and there's no need for that. His view is I'm a big cryer.
"I won't speak to him because it won't resolve things. You know Michael. He will always feel that he is right.
"But I'm a just guy and justice was done in a way because he has been away for three years and he hasn't changed a thing. He is still the same guy. What has been done to me is literally over the top."

But Schumacher said: "There's not much to say. I had a line of about 5cm and I was making it obvious to him to go on the other side.
"But he chose not to. Certain drivers have certain views, then there's Rubens.
"He had fresher tyres, my job was to get the last corner spot-on.
"It was a hard fight and this is what we are here for, but I accept that the FIA stewards saw it as too hard."
Ex-F1 racer Anthony Davidson said: "Any driver out there knows how dangerous that was. It could have been lethal."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/motorsport/3077216/Rubens-Barrichello-says-Michael-Schumacher-nearly-sent-him-to-heaven.html#ixzz0vOw8e8Ln

Chloe O'brien
02-08-2010, 03:02
10 place grid penalty is a joke. Michael would just as well not to turn up in Belgium as he is going to be at the coo's ass of the grid. Scaandulous Rubens shouldn't have tried to overtake. We all know Schuey is a confrontational driver you either love him or hate him, but don't get in his way or you kiss the wall.

Siobhan
03-08-2010, 10:57
Schumacher has apologies for his move on Barichello..

Kathy, keep calm.. our wonderful Micheal is working on 2011 car (this one is the one designed for Button so doesn't suit him.. too much understeer) and he will be back to the top form.. but much calmer Schumacher...

Not a big fan of Mclaren or Hamilton but I actually liked this little video from vodafone (I can't help but like Button, he is just so likeable)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zf40OzfwOo

Chloe O'brien
05-08-2010, 01:52
I know your right Shiv we may have too wait until next year to see Michael back on the podium.. I'm rooting for Vettel to win the championship but he is like Schumacher with his temper. He needs to stop making stupid mistakes.

Siobhan
05-08-2010, 08:59
Vettel is my main man at the moment, myself and Ben have fights over who is better him or Schumacher.. I will always say Schumacher. ... he will get himself together... to be honest either himself or Webber for the title this year.. I would love to see Mark do it.. much deserved on his part

alan45
05-08-2010, 10:06
Im still rooting for Lewis.

No surprise there then.

However if it has to be Red Bull I would prefer Mark Webber to Vettel

Siobhan
05-08-2010, 10:20
I just can't warm to Lewis.. I will admit that he is a brilliant driver but I don't find him likable unlike his team mate Button who you can't help but like.. I would put Lewis is same class as Alonso, good drivers but not personable.. Mark, Jenson, Rubens, Koboyashi (sp?), and Glock are by far the nicest guys in F1..

alan45
05-08-2010, 11:30
We will have to agree to disagree there. I think Lewis is a dedicated sportsman and in any interviews I have seen with him I feel he is a genuine nice guy.

Chloe O'brien
06-08-2010, 02:16
I can't take to Hamilton I just find him a bit arrogant. (A bit of a joke coming from someone who likes Schumacher and Vittel :D) Nicest F1 driver Fillippe Massa. He is just too nice to be in F1.

Abbie
06-08-2010, 22:52
I saw that! The only time I watched it as well, in the pub we all gasped

Chloe O'brien
06-08-2010, 22:56
Abbie you need to swat up on Schumachers F1 career. You gasped I yelled at the tv for Rubens to move his a$$ out the road. :lol:

Abbie
06-08-2010, 22:57
lol yeah I know in the pub they were all saying typical, to be honest I wasnt looking when it happened but everyones reactions made me look up

Siobhan
09-08-2010, 08:28
Abbie you need to swat up on Schumachers F1 career. You gasped I yelled at the tv for Rubens to move his a$$ out the road. :lol:

I was yelled.. "don't let him pass Michael, don't let him pass"