PDA

View Full Version : the new alfie?

chance
13-06-2005, 09:44
SAUCY Seventies star Robin Askwith is being lined up as the new heartthrob in EastEnders.

Bosses are describing him as the next Alfie Moon and think he will be a huge hit with older viewers.

Robin, 56, who starred as the randy young workman in the bawdy "Confessions of a..." film series, has had three auditions.

A source said: "He's a cheeky chappie and will be a brilliant replacement when Shane Richie leaves at the end of the year.

"His auditions have gone well and the producers are really pleased with how he's bonded with the other cast members."

The exact details of Robin's character haven't been decided yet but there's a strong possibility he will get behind the bar in the Queen Vic.

Bryan
13-06-2005, 10:07
sounds good but can anyone really take the place of alfie's character?

bondboffin

squarelady
13-06-2005, 10:28
He's not going to actually be Alfie, he's just going to be a new member of he moon family!

Bryan
13-06-2005, 10:30
i gathered that, as they ent killing off alfie cus he may return

i emant hes gonna be a cheaky cockny chappy who is a moon and works behind the vic

a carbon copy of alfie... replacing him if you get what i mean

bondboffin

Babe14
13-06-2005, 10:53
I'd say that Jake could pass as the new Alfie as he is very similar to him in some ways.

(As nothing has been confirmed shouldn't this be in the rumour mill??)

squarelady
13-06-2005, 10:56
I'd say that Jake could pass as the new Alfie as he is very similar to him in some ways.

I don't think Jake's like him that much. Same family I 'spose but apart from that. Alfie's very out going, cheeky, all up for dressing up and acting stupid. Jake's alot more dark and serious. He's quite sincere and he's got a very dry sarcastic sense of humour.

Bryan
13-06-2005, 10:57
jake si pretty shy, abnd not as outragous and fun as alfie. but i could see him behind the bar with chrissie

but they ent the best ever eastenders couple, good, but not in the same league as shannis and kalfie and bicky (bianca and ricky) and prank (pat and frank) and Nattary (Natalie and Barry) the list goes on...

bondboffin

squarelady
13-06-2005, 11:01
I wouldn't class Bianca and Ricky, Pat and Frank or Natalie and Barry as the best Eastenders couples. Not in my eyes anyway!

Jake and Chrissie are just starting out. They are new and both have alot of skeletons in their closet. So far we've only seen the fun flirting between them. I want to see what happens when things get serious. When they open up to each and get to know each other properly. Jake really likes her and you can see that by the way he just sits and stares at her. It's up to Chrissie now to sort her head out and get into a position where they can actually have a relationship if she can. Until then you can't really judge them as a couple compared to Sharon and Dennis...etc...

Babe14
13-06-2005, 11:01
jake si pretty shy, abnd not as outragous and fun as alfie. but i could see him behind the bar with chrissie

bondboffin

He's romantic and sensitive like Alfie, he's more serious and more what you'd call the "Moody" type, he has his moments though. One things for sure he's a lot sexier than Alfie:)

squarelady
13-06-2005, 11:03
He's romantic and sensitive like Alfie, he's more serious and more what you'd call the "Moody" type, he has his moments though. One things for sure he's a lot sexier than Alfie:)

Yer! Jake's the strong and silent type. I love that about him though. They said on the Eastenders Revealed for the Moon's that they liked Joel Beckett because you can see there is a lot going on behind the eyes that you don't know about him and I think that's really true of Jake. You can see in his face there is alot more...you just don't know what yet.

Babe14
13-06-2005, 11:04
Jake's alot more dark and serious. He's quite sincere and he's got a very dry sarcastic sense of humour.

I'd say he's a fun loving guy just a bit on the serious side at times, describe him more as the "Moody" type. He's great at flirting though and a real ladies man when he wants to be. He's very loving and caring, like Alfie and has just as much luck as Alfie does in the romance dept:)

squarelady
13-06-2005, 11:07
and has just as much luck as Alfie does in the romance dept:)

I don't think so! Jake has a lot more luck! He knows when he likes someone to make a move (which he has). He's not shy about trying his luck. He'd been the the square less than five minutes when he saw Chrissie and he mad his move. Rather than the ridiculous faces Alfie pulls because it takes him four months to admit he likes someone! I doubt if Jake ever got married he'd make as much of a pigs ear of it as Alfie has!

Babe14
13-06-2005, 11:09
Yer! Jake's the strong and silent type. I love that about him though. They said on the Eastenders Revealed for the Moon's that they liked Joel Beckett because you can see there is a lot going on behind the eyes that you don't know about him and I think that's really true of Jake. You can see in his face there is alot more...you just don't know what yet.

Hey we actually agree 110%:) Well Joel has said that he is a lot like Jake and draws on past emotions. I love the dark and mysteriousness about him. (Jake)Hopefully with Joel staying we will discover a lot more about Jake, hopefully it will be his darker side as we have seen a lot of his kind/caring and sensitive side:)
I get the impression from what I have seen of Joel that in reality he is a very bubbly and fun loving guy, do you?

squarelady
13-06-2005, 11:12
I'd love to see Jake bail Chrissie out and look after her. There is alot more to her under the tough exterior and I think opening up to Jake would be brilliant!

I get the impression from what I have seen of Joel that in reality he is a very bubbly and fun loving guy, do you?

Yer totally! Did you ever see him in the Office? He's got a very similar sense of humour to Ricky Gervais and he's really hilarious to talk to. Really lovely bloke!

Babe14
13-06-2005, 11:13
I don't think so! Jake has a lot more luck! He knows when he likes someone to make a move (which he has). He's not shy about trying his luck. He'd been the the square less than five minutes when he saw Chrissie and he mad his move. Rather than the ridiculous faces Alfie pulls because it takes him four months to admit he likes someone! I doubt if Jake ever got married he'd make as much of a pigs ear of it as Alfie has!

O.K I agree again:) Yes Jake is certainly the type who goes all out for what he wants:) I'll never forget that moment in the caf when J&C first set eyes uponone another. When I made this post I was thinking about the slow pace the J&C romance was moving at:) Like you said Chrissie has a lot of sorting out to do.

I can't see Jake running all round London looking for a chemist so he can buy a condom! More like he'd nick one off Danny LOL

squarelady
13-06-2005, 11:14
O.K I agree again:) Yes Jake is certainly the type who goes all out for what he wants:) I'll never forget that moment in the caf when J&C first set eyes uponone another. When I made this post I was thinking about the slow pace the J&C romance was moving at:) Like you said Chrissie has a lot of sorting out to do.

Yer! She needs to get her head round Den before she lets another man into her bed but she's told Jake that and he's accepted it and said he's prepared to wait (and on the 7th July buys her flowers) so it's looking good! :wub:

alan45
13-06-2005, 11:16
Robin Askwith OMG thats really scraping the bottom of the barrel is it not. Still he probably will get on well with Babs Windsor. She was used to flashing her bits in the Carry-on films. Ohh errrr Matron

Babe14
13-06-2005, 11:17
I'd love to see Jake bail Chrissie out and look after her. There is alot more to her under the tough exterior and I think opening up to Jake would be brilliant!

Yer totally! Did you ever see him in the Office? He's got a very similar sense of humour to Ricky Gervais and he's really hilarious to talk to. Really lovely bloke!

No, I never watched that, wish I had apparently he had his shirt off (Swoon) I would love to meet Joel Beckett, he'd just crack me up. Did you see him laughing his head off at the awards when June Brown and Anna were on the stage? All the others were just sat there polietly smiling and Joel was wetting himself! He has such a gorgeous smile and have you noticed how white his teeth are?

Babe14
13-06-2005, 11:19
Yer! She needs to get her head round Den before she lets another man into her bed but she's told Jake that and he's accepted it and said he's prepared to wait (and on the 7th July buys her flowers) so it's looking good! :wub:

I don't think anything big will happen until Jake returns, then hopefully it will be one of these big storylines tha the plays a central role in. I think that eventually Jake will find out about Den either from Chrissie herself or somewhere else, maybe he will share his secret too (Andy's Murder)

squarelady
13-06-2005, 11:21
No, I never watched that, wish I had apparently he had his shirt off (Swoon) I would love to meet Joel Beckett, he'd just crack me up. Did you see him laughing his head off at the awards when June Brown and Anna were on the stage? All the others were just sat there polietly smiling and Joel was wetting himself! He has such a gorgeous smile and have you noticed how white his teeth are?

I met him very briefly at the BSA's this year and he was lovely. I know people who've met him for longer and they've all said he's lovely and gorgeous. I'm hoping to get down to Elstree this summer to meet him! *hopefully* He is a really funny bloke, I've got an interview with him on 'This Morning' where he's really witty!

The pictures of him topless in the office are in my pictures topic here! I've posted them in a different forum! :D

squarelady
13-06-2005, 11:22
I don't think anything big will happen until Jake returns, then hopefully it will be one of these big storylines tha the plays a central role in. I think that eventually Jake will find out about Den either from Chrissie herself or somewhere else, maybe he will share his secret too (Andy's Murder)

Exactly! It all happened on the same night so it'd be nice if they could own up. At least if he accepted her for that then maybe when Zoe's gone he could perhaps give her an alibi for the night and get her out of a lot of trouble. If they both had an alibi then they couldn't be linked to Andy or Den's murder and it'd be good for them both!

Babe14
13-06-2005, 11:32
Exactly! It all happened on the same night so it'd be nice if they could own up. At least if he accepted her for that then maybe when Zoe's gone he could perhaps give her an alibi for the night and get her out of a lot of trouble. If they both had an alibi then they couldn't be linked to Andy or Den's murder and it'd be good for them both!

Brill! I think that things may be a bit strained between the two when Jake first learns what Chrissie has done, plus he'll prob be a bit worried for his own safety LOL! But in the end as they say Love conquers all.

squarelady
13-06-2005, 11:36
Brill! I think that things may be a bit strained between the two when Jake first learns what Chrissie has done, plus he'll prob be a bit worried for his own safety LOL! But in the end as they say Love conquers all.

Chrissie stuck out after seven years of lies and betrayal though and she struck out in self defence. It wasn't like he just said her hair looked a bit too curly and she killed him! Den had been lying to her for years. It was affair after affair...Jake's not like that. :D

Babe14
13-06-2005, 11:42
Chrissie stuck out after seven years of lies and betrayal though and she struck out in self defence. It wasn't like he just said her hair looked a bit too curly and she killed him! Den had been lying to her for years. It was affair after affair...Jake's not like that. :D

You never know we might discover that Jake can be very naughty if temptation is out his way LOL!

No I agree he would be very loyal, but would Chrissie after years of betrayal by Den. When she finished Den off it was also a case of her or him.

squarelady
13-06-2005, 11:43
I don't blame Chrissie for Den's death because she didn't intend it. It got out of hand.

I think Chrissie would remain loyal. And probably after years of Den really enjoy hersef with Jake if you get what I mean! :lol:

Babe14
13-06-2005, 11:48
I don't blame Chrissie for Den's death because she didn't intend it. It got out of hand.

I think Chrissie would remain loyal. And probably after years of Den really enjoy hersef with Jake if you get what I mean! :lol:

:lol: you mean babies!

squarelady
13-06-2005, 11:50
I mean making babies! :wub:

Babe14
13-06-2005, 11:52
I mean making babies! :wub:

A lot of early nights then...

squarelady
13-06-2005, 11:53
A lot of early nights then...

Leaving Tracy in charge...

Babe14
13-06-2005, 11:56
Leaving Tracy in charge...

Extra hours for lil mo..

Treacle
13-06-2005, 15:59
I cannot wait till he comes in.

kelly05
13-06-2005, 17:47
I don't think Jake's like him that much. Same family I 'spose but apart from that. Alfie's very out going, cheeky, all up for dressing up and acting stupid. Jake's alot more dark and serious. He's quite sincere and he's got a very dry sarcastic sense of humour.

I agree with this....they're like chalk and cheese!!!!

Don't think anyone could replace Alfie..... maybe help soften the blow when he leaves though!!!

hayley
13-06-2005, 21:09
NO-ONE can ever replace Alfie!! (not that he is!) do you think he might be Alfie's uncle or something, would that then be Jake and Danny's dad?

Rach33
13-06-2005, 21:15
Oh god we've not even got rid OF Alfie yet and now we're replacing him help what happened to original characters here's hoping he's not a complete Alfie Moon mark 2 I don't think i could cope

Katie
13-06-2005, 23:03
Is this 'new Alfie' going to be a part of future storylines with Kat now that she thinks all her friends are leaving her!!

Rach33
13-06-2005, 23:18
now that would seriously annoy me all they would be doing is replacing Alfie how tedeous hope he ends up with Pat or Pauline make it a bit differnet

Jade
13-06-2005, 23:22
Yea get Pauline a boke!!

Rach33
13-06-2005, 23:26
she might stop whinging then and leave Sonia and Martin in peace

squarelady
14-06-2005, 07:45
NO-ONE can ever replace Alfie!! (not that he is!) do you think he might be Alfie's uncle or something, would that then be Jake and Danny's dad?

There were rumours that Jake and Danny's mum and dad would be coming in in the summer/autumn. Bobby and Alice I think their names are.

Katie
14-06-2005, 12:59
There were rumours that Jake and Danny's mum and dad would be coming in in the summer/autumn. Bobby and Alice I think their names are.
It would be weird if they came just after Danny left! Weren't there rumours that Johnny Allen was Danny's dad?

Bryan
14-06-2005, 16:55
yeah biologically, so the drama could still cpome out, jonny and bobby were best mates or something, and dannys mom fancied a boit of hows ya godfather with londond's number one gangster

all the drama could unfold as jake realises all this stuff, a pity jake ent there, btw does he get cremated courtesy of jonny allen?

bondboffin

squarelady
14-06-2005, 16:59
Who Jake? - No one dies in the fire!

di marco
14-06-2005, 20:25
yeah biologically, so the drama could still cpome out, jonny and bobby were best mates or something, and dannys mom fancied a boit of hows ya godfather with londond's number one gangster

all the drama could unfold as jake realises all this stuff, a pity jake ent there, btw does he get cremated courtesy of jonny allen?

bondboffin

isnt it only a rumour about johnny being dannys real dad? along with the rumour of johnny being jake or chrissies real dad? i thought it was just what people thought, soz if its actually true, but i just remember reading that it was a rumour thats all?

squarelady
14-06-2005, 20:34
isnt it only a rumour about johnny being dannys real dad? along with the rumour of johnny being jake or chrissies real dad? i thought it was just what people thought, soz if its actually true, but i just remember reading that it was a rumour thats all?

It is a rumour, it's in the rumour mill. There hasn't been anything confirmed about it and I doubt there will for a while!

di marco
14-06-2005, 20:36
It is a rumour, it's in the rumour mill. There hasn't been anything confirmed about it and I doubt there will for a while!

thought it was just a rumour, but the way bondboffin said it sounded like it was true and i got a bit confused lol! thanks for clearing it up

squarelady
14-06-2005, 20:37
thought it was just a rumour, but the way bondboffin said it sounded like it was true and i got a bit confused lol! thanks for clearing it up

That's alright! :D

Bryan
14-06-2005, 20:42
neways going offtopci here... back to the new alfie buisness

searched his name in the google image search, this the only picture that came up:

http://www.stuart.cann.freeuk.com/robin_askwith.JPG

bondboffin

Rach33
14-06-2005, 21:00
Who Jake? - No one dies in the fire!

Nothing was confirmed I have a nasty feeling EE are planning a surprise funeral

di marco
14-06-2005, 21:01
I have a nasty feeling EE are planning a surprise funeral

me too but i dont want danny to die :(

squarelady
14-06-2005, 21:06
me too but i dont want danny to die :(

Yer, you might want to ignore my 'No one dies in the fire comment'. I've read in Inside Soap since that and it says that Danny is promised an explosive exit and that he won't be coming back. :searchme:

Rach33
14-06-2005, 21:06
I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling it but remember Danny was planned to die in Feb so why change their plans the whole left open thing was just a way of putting us off the scent

squarelady
14-06-2005, 21:12
I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling it but remember Danny was planned to die in Feb so why change their plans the whole left open thing was just a way of putting us off the scent

Well they did change the plans. Danny was meant to die in the first six weeks but they decided to keep him. Now they want to move away from the ganster thing they've decided he has to go again. It's a shame because him and Jake work so well together and I think the relationship could of been explored alot more than it has.

Then again, Jake is the less gangsterish of the two and Danny's death would really bring out an even more sensitive side to Jake. I can see why they are keeping him it's just a shame.

Rach33
14-06-2005, 21:15
the death may even be the make or break of him and Chrissie it could make it happen or ruin it depending on Jake and he'll be devastated if Danny died

squarelady
14-06-2005, 21:15
the death may even be the make or break of him and Chrissie it could make it happen or ruin it depending on Jake and he'll be devastated if Danny died

Make it, they should support each other.

Trinity
14-06-2005, 21:16
I cannot take to Jake, I always find it strange when a gay actor plays a straight character, and the other way around , too.

Rach33
14-06-2005, 21:18
Jake Maskall plays Danny he's gay is that who you mean Jake is played by Joel Beckett it's confusing

squarelady
14-06-2005, 21:19
Joel Beckett's got a girlfriend! :lol:

Trinity
14-06-2005, 21:19
No - I mean the guy who play Jake is gay

Trinity
14-06-2005, 21:20
Have I got this wrong?

Rach33
14-06-2005, 21:20
but he isn't Joel Beckett has got a girlfirend

Jake Maskall who plays Danny is gay

Rach33
14-06-2005, 21:21
it's all right it get confusing Jake's all over the place

squarelady
14-06-2005, 21:21
Have I got this wrong?

Jake Maskell is gay. He plays Danny Moon.
Joel Beckett is straight. He plays Jake Moon.
Confusing or what! :lol:

Trinity
14-06-2005, 21:23
Got you. Well i am glad about that, I didn't fancy Danny anyway!