PDA

View Full Version : Dancing On Ice 2011

Perdita
18-07-2010, 19:23
Emma Bunton has revealed that she is in talks to return to Dancing On Ice next year.

The 34-year-old, who is hosting Five's talent show Don't Stop Believing, said that she hoped viewers appreciated her honesty with the contestants.

She told What's On TV: "It was brilliant. I hope people thought I spoke my mind and that I was honest with contestants. There is no point being nice all the time.

"You have to give them criticism that can then help them. I'd love to do the show again, but we will have to see. We are currently having talks."

Don't Stop Believing begins tonight at 7pm on Five.

Perdita
02-08-2010, 06:34
Matthew Cutler has reportedly signed up to compete in Dancing On Ice.

The former Strictly Come Dancing star, who recently quit the BBC show after he was dropped from the main competition, will apparently appear on the show as a celebrity, not as a professional.

According to The Sun, TV presenter Jonathan Wilkes has also agreed to take part in the ITV programme's upcoming sixth series.

An insider told the paper that signing Cutler was "two fingers to the BBC after they dropped him", but another insider added: "It shows the power of Strictly that you can join as an unknown dancer and by the time you leave you can go on to another show as a celebrity."

The 36-year-old dancer, who previously turned down the chance to appear in a special dance troupe on the next series of Strictly, is already thought to have started practising for the competition.

Speaking about Cutler's chances in the contest, a source said: "His dance training will definitely give him an advantage and he could be seen as a front-runner from the off. Other contestants might not be too happy about that."

Wilkes, who is known to be good friends with Robbie Williams, was described as "a popular choice". A source added: "He may even bring Robbie and the Take That boys to the rink to cheer him on."

The new series of Dancing On Ice starts in January 2011.

Perdita
02-08-2010, 06:35
Emma Bunton has revealed that she is in talks to return to Dancing On Ice next year.

The 34-year-old, who is hosting Five's talent show Don't Stop Believing, said that she hoped viewers appreciated her honesty with the contestants.

She told What's On TV: "It was brilliant. I hope people thought I spoke my mind and that I was honest with contestants. There is no point being nice all the time.

"You have to give them criticism that can then help them. I'd love to do the show again, but we will have to see. We are currently having talks."

Don't Stop Believing begins tonight at 7pm on Five.

tammyy2j
03-08-2010, 12:21
This show could do with a big shake up imo

Abbie
08-08-2010, 16:44
This show could do with a big shake up imo

I agree its getting very dull!

tammyy2j
24-08-2010, 17:03
Katie Price is reported to be "furious" over a plan to re-unite Peter Andre and Kerry Katona on the new series of Dancing on Ice.

A tabloid newspaper was told that show bosses have offered a place on the ice dancing contest to the troubled star and said that they are now keen to secure Andre.

The insider claimed that Katona is "chuffed to bits" at being offered the reality TV job as she hopes it will become key to her plans to resurrect her showbiz career.

The source said that Price is "fuming" over plans to have Pete and Kerry on the same show.

Perdita
30-08-2010, 06:08
KERRY Katona practises at the rink as she tries to rescue her sliding career - in Dancing on Ice.

The reality TV star, 29, sacked as the face of frozen food giant Iceland in a drug scandal last year, is being lined up as a contestant in the new series.

But judging by her wobbly efforts, there could be many a slip before she masters the skates.

And she can expect a frosty welcome from judge Jason Gardiner.

He vowed to quit if the mum-of-four joins the ITV1 show and called her "pond-life".

That's not Kerry nice, Jason.

Perdita
02-09-2010, 07:23
DANCING On Ice judges Jason Gardiner and Emma Bunton WILL return for the next series, TV Biz can reveal.

And it emerged that the show has found a new home after its Elstree Studios base was pinched by the new Harry Potter flick.

Catty Jason, 45, and former Baby Spice Emma, 34, will return with Robin Cousins, 53, Nicky Slater, 52, and Karen Barber, 49, for the show's sixth run in January.

It was feared that Jason might be axed after saying contestant Sharron Davies looked like "faecal matter".

An ice rink and smaller training facility will be built as the show moves to Shepperton Studios, Surrey.

Perdita
06-09-2010, 06:50
Vanilla Ice and Calum Best are being lined up to take part in the next series of Dancing On Ice, it has been reported.

The 42-year-old rapper and the 29-year-old model are on a list of names being tried out in training by ITV producers, according to The Sun.

A source said: "Bosses think Vanilla Ice and Calum will be big draws and are eager to get them on."

Other celebrities believed to be in the running to compete on the show include Kerry Katona, Jonathan Wilkes, Johnson Beharry, Matthew Cutler and Tim Westwood.

A Dancing On Ice insider recently informed DS that the show's upcoming sixth series will be filmed in HD at Shepperton Studios for the first time.

alan45
04-10-2010, 14:53
Emmerdale actor Dominic Brunt has revealed that he turned down an offer to appear on Dancing On Ice.

Brunt, who has played village vet Paddy Kirk for almost 14 years, told ITN that he had to decline the opportunity as he was too busy.

Several of the ITV soap's former stars have appeared in the skating contest, including Emily Symons, Linda Lusardi, Roxanne Pallett and the winner of the this year's series Hayley Tamaddon.

"Somebody asked me if I wanted to do Dancing On Ice a while ago and I politely turned it down," he admitted. "I don't think I was available anyway because I was doing Emmerdale but I would die!

"Okay, I might not die but I'm pretty sure I'd break my arms and bang my head hard!" he added.

Brunt also confessed that despite liking the show, he had also rejected appearing on Channel 4's Come Dine With Me because of Dave Lamb's narration.

"Somebody also asked if I would like to do Come Dine With Me," he said. "I don't think so! The narration just takes the p*** out of everybody all the way through. Why would you put yourself through that?"

moonstorm
05-10-2010, 11:23
AAGGHH David Lamb makes the show what it is!

Perdita
08-11-2010, 20:30
ce dancer Nicky Slater has been axed from the judging panel on ITV1 programme Dancing On Ice.

Slater, who has been on the show since the first series in 2006, revealed the news on his official website, posting a message to his fans.

Writing in a post titled 'I Will Not Be Judging Dancing On Ice Series 6', he said: "ITV have told me that they are refreshing the judging panel for the 2011 season of Dancing On Ice and that I will not be on the panel.

"I have been a judge for the last five years on the show. It was a shock to get the news as I was under the impression that I was wanted for the show. However, things changed abruptly. My lawyer was told and had it confirmed again today that I will not be needed."

He continued: "I imagine I will go through the gamut of emotions ranging from loss, to 'woe is me' to a rational balanced approach that justifies the decision in the next few weeks. I've had some of this already. In some strange way, even though I was a contractor out of contract, the surprising and somewhat cursory goodbye feels like I've been sacked!

"So I expect some natural emotional rollercoastering. I have enjoyed being part of a super team and a big show - I love showbusiness. It has sometimes been great fun and often very challenging as a journey for me as a judge on DOI."

Speaking positively about his future, he added: "There are blessings in the news. DOI does take time and a lot of head-space for me and I have been craving time for my own projects.

"Now I have more which is a win. My next year is planned as one of learning, writing and developing music, video and my own show in my studio. I am on a journey that I hope will end up with something magical to give the world.

"I wish all the DOI crew, producers and front-of-house talent every success for series six which I am sure will be as action-packed as ever. Thank you for the five years I've had. I must admit though that I will be glad not to have people shouting down my ear in a hostile environment for a while."

None of last year's judges - Jason Gardiner, Karen Barber, Emma Bunton and Robin Cousins - have been confirmed to return yet for the 2011 series.

Perdita
25-11-2010, 06:32
Angela Rippon has agreed to compete in the next series of Dancing On Ice, it has been reported.

Rippon - who hosts Cash in the Attic - previously appeared on the judging panel of the ITV skating competition last year as a stand-in for regular judge Robin Cousins.

An insider suggested that Rippon's inclusion on the show may not go down well with her fellow competitors.

The source told The Sun: "This is like judge Dannii Minogue competing on The X Factor, or Arlene Phillips on Strictly Come Dancing. She's got an unfair advantage."

Meanwhile, rumoured participant Kerry Katona is already said to have provoked a reaction from other celebrity contestants.

"They are jealous of the time she gets on the rink and the coaching," the source explained.

Dancing On Ice returns to ITV on January 9, 2011

Chloe O'brien
25-11-2010, 09:27
How is it an unfair advantage. She sat on the judging panel for a couple of weeks, she wasn't on the ice so it's not as if she has had extra lessons.

tammyy2j
08-12-2010, 15:01
Phillip Schofield has teased Kerry Katona's reported involvement in the new series of Dancing On Ice.

The 30-year-old was linked to the show in August when she was first photographed practicing at an ice rink.

In her first appearance on This Morning, Schofield told Katona: "You have new opportunities and new TV shows which we can't talk about and wouldn't dream of talking about."

She quipped: "No idea what you're talking about Phillip!"

Hinting again towards her participation, the presenter added: "Not until later on - but that's a lovely opportunity for you as well, should any of that be true."

Perdita
15-12-2010, 05:51
FRANK Lampard's stunning ex Elen Rivas is set to steam up Dancing on Ice.

Former model Elen, 34, has been confirmed as a contestant - and things could hot up further when she exits the ITV1 show.

Like others who leave, she will be interviewed on Daybreak by Christine Bleakley... who is Chelsea star Lamps' new love.

An insider said: "Elen will bring a bit of glamour to the show.

"But it will also be interesting to see how she and Christine react when they meet for the first time."

Spanish beauty Elen - mum to Lampard's daughters Luna, five, and Isla - split with the footballer nearly two years ago but made no secret of her desire to win back her former fiancé.

She will be joined on the rink by former Neighbours star and singer Craig McLachlan, 45.

Also among the 16 celeb hopefuls, who kick off next month, are axed Corrie actor Steven Arnold - who played soap tram crash victim Ashley Peacock - US rapper Vanilla Ice, reality star Kerry Katonaand Iraq war hero Johnson Beharry.

The insider said: "It's the best line-up ever."

The Sun

lizann
15-12-2010, 15:44
FRANK Lampard's stunning ex Elen Rivas is set to steam up Dancing on Ice.

Former model Elen, 34, has been confirmed as a contestant - and things could hot up further when she exits the ITV1 show.

Like others who leave, she will be interviewed on Daybreak by Christine Bleakley... who is Chelsea star Lamps' new love.

An insider said: "Elen will bring a bit of glamour to the show.

"But it will also be interesting to see how she and Christine react when they meet for the first time."

Spanish beauty Elen - mum to Lampard's daughters Luna, five, and Isla - split with the footballer nearly two years ago but made no secret of her desire to win back her former fiancé.

She will be joined on the rink by former Neighbours star and singer Craig McLachlan, 45.

Also among the 16 celeb hopefuls, who kick off next month, are axed Corrie actor Steven Arnold - who played soap tram crash victim Ashley Peacock - US rapper Vanilla Ice, reality star Kerry Katonaand Iraq war hero Johnson Beharry.

The insider said: "It's the best line-up ever."

The Sun

Frank would be better :love:

Perdita
15-12-2010, 16:47
ITV has confirmed that Dancing On Ice will return on January 9.

The celebrities will compete on a brand new set as the show moves to its new home at Shepperton Studios. Hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby will also present the show in HD for the first time.

The two-hour launch show will also see a change on the judging panel following Nicky Slater's exit.

Kerry Katona recently hinted that she is among those competing to follow in the footsteps of last year's winner Hayley Tamaddon.

Dancing On Ice begins on January 9 at 6.30pm on ITV1.

alan45
18-12-2010, 21:10
The lineup for the new series of Dancing On Ice has been revealed.

Coronation Street star Steven Arnold, whose character Ashley Peacock was recently killed in the tram crash, will compete in this year's show, alongside Kerry Katona, Jeff Brazier and rapper Vanilla Ice.

Loose Women's Denise Welch will also take to the rink, as well as former newsreader Angela Rippon, ex-EastEnders star Sam Attwater and Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe.

Chloe Madeley, Neighbours star Craig McLachlan, cricketer Dominic Cork and David Vitty - Comedy Dave from Chris Moyles's Radio 1 show - will further star in the ITV skating show. Actress Nadia Sawalha, Nickelodeon presenter Laura Hamilton and Ellen Rives - Frank Lampard's ex-girlfriend - are also among the 16 contestants.

Soldier Lance Corporal Johnson Beharry, who won the Victoria Cross in 2005, completes the cast - marking the first time a competitor has come from outside the world of sport and entertainment.

However, in a new twist, only 12 skaters will make it through to the competition stage, meaning four celebrities will be voted off before they even get the chance to compete.

Emma Bunton, Jason Gardiner and Robin Cousins will return as judges, while Karen Barber will now act as head coach to the contestants. Nicky Slater was axed from the panel last month.

The new series of Dancing On Ice starts with two specials on January 9 and January 16 and two celebrities will be axed during each show.

Chloe O'brien
19-12-2010, 00:16
I think the Lance Copral will stand a good chance of winning. If he's a good skater he will win the public vote.

Ruffed_lemur
20-12-2010, 15:00
I love DOI but wish they'd stick to celebrities and not relatives and exes of celebrities. :hmm:

Ruffed_lemur
20-12-2010, 15:02
Looking forward to seeing Ashley from Coronation st. skating. Hope he has lots of fun! :)

Siobhan
20-12-2010, 15:04
Looking forward to seeing Ashley from Coronation st. skating. Hope he has lots of fun! :)

Will he be the todd carty this year??

Katy
20-12-2010, 16:01
he proably will be! although he may be the surprise!

Looking forward to seeing Denise Welch

alan45
20-12-2010, 17:20
Steven Arnold has revealed that the Coronation Street cast have given him their support as he prepares to take part in Dancing On Ice.

Arnold's character in the soap, Ashley Peacock, was one of the characters killed off earlier this month when a gas explosion destroyed The Joinery and caused a devastating tram crash. The 36-year-old was confirmed as one of the contestants on the ITV show over the weekend.

"Everyone of them just wishes me well and they said I'm so brave for doing it," he said. "And they would all like to come and watch me. At least twenty or thirty cast members have asked to come down to watch me so I don’t think I will be short of people from the cast."

However, Arnold confessed that he is not a regular viewer of the show.

"I haven't seen the show before but I have seen clips," he said. "I will be honest with you, I don't watch much television apart from sport or documentaries, but if my girlfriend has got it on or if I'm round at my mum's she has it on."

He added: "I watched the Todd Carty clip and I thought he was fantastic! I mean, if I can get to his level I will be happy."

Perdita
05-01-2011, 07:05
Kerry Katona, ex-newsreader Angela Rippon and rapper Vanilla Ice are among the celebrities set to take part in the next series of ITV1's Dancing on Ice.

Actor Steven Arnold, whose Coronation Street character Ashley Peacock was recently killed off, is also among the 16 stars hoping to compete.

Although 16 prepared for the show, only 12 will reach the competition stage.

The series will begin with two shows on 9 and 16 January in which four hopefuls will be axed after votes from viewers.

Victoria Cross hero Lance Corporal Johnson Beharry, the first contestant from outside the worlds of sport and showbiz, is also in training to compete.

Soap actors are well represented in the line-up.

Ex-Coronation Street actress Denise Welch, former EastEnders star Sam Attwater, Australian Craig McLachlan - best known for his role in Neighbours - and Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe are all set to appear in the show.

Cricketer Dominic Cork, BBC Radio 1's David Vitty - better known as Chris Moyles's sidekick Comedy Dave - and Chloe Madeley, daughter of Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan, are also in the running.

Nickelodeon presenter Laura Hamilton, Chelsea footballer Frank Lampard's ex-girlfriend Ellen Rives and actress Nadia Sawalha complete the line-up.

Spice Girl Emma Bunton and choreographer Jason Gardiner will remain on the judging panel, along with former figure skater Robin Cousins, who is head judge.

The voting panel has been reduced from four to three after a decision was taken not to replace former judge Nicky Slater, who announced he was leaving the show last month.

BBC News

Perdita
05-01-2011, 07:11
Hmm, my comment to the above post is not included :confused:

Only half of the celebrities taking part in this year's show will skate on Sunday's series six launch episode, with the other eight taking part the following weekend.

Dancing On Ice returns on Sunday at 6.30pm on ITV1. The results show follows at 9.30pm.

lizann
05-01-2011, 14:48
The eight contestants taking part in the first Dancing On Ice live show of 2010 have been revealed.

Only half of the celebrities taking part in this year's show will skate on Sunday's series six launch episode, with the other eight taking part the following weekend.

Kerry Katona, Vanilla Ice and Angela Rippon will head up this weekend's bill. They will compete against Johnson Beharry, Corrie's Steven Arnold, TV presenter Jeff Brazier, Nadia Sawalha and Nickelodeon star Laura Hamilton.

Two of the celebrities will be voted off the show after a three-way skate-off. The public will vote for who they want to save from the axe and the judging panel will have no say in who stays or goes until the third week of the competition when the lineup is reduced to the final 12.

Dancing On Ice returns on Sunday at 6.30pm on ITV1. The results show follows at 9.30pm.

Perdita
10-01-2011, 06:57
Angela Rippon and Nadia Sawalha have become the first celebrities to be eliminated from the new series of Dancing On Ice.

The newsreader and presenter were denied the chance to progress to the next stage of the competition after finishing in the bottom three of the initial public vote along with Laura Hamilton. They were ultimately sent home after the Nickelodeon host was judged by viewers to have performed best in the final skate-off.

Following the elimination announcement, Rippon confessed to hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby that she felt like she had failed professional partner Sean Rice.

"I am gutted, I've had a wonderful time," she said. "I think it's been absolutely tremendous learning to skate with world-class teachers like we have."

Meanwhile, Sawalha - who had previously joked that she would give up her house to stay on the programme - said: "This has been the most incredible experience... What I'm most gutted about is [partner] Mark Hanretty is the most beautiful skater, and [because] he's been holding me up nobody got to see how beautiful he is."

Vanilla Ice, Johnson Beharry, Jeff Brazier, Steven Arnold and Kerry Katona were awarded a spot on the show by audience members based on their debut routines earlier tonight.

The remaining half of the cast will compete for a place in Dancing On Ice next Sunday at 6.35pm on ITV1.

DS

lizann
11-01-2011, 14:56
I want Vanilla Ice to win

Siobhan
11-01-2011, 16:21
I want Vanilla Ice to win

I haven't seen the rest of them yet but I was suprised that Laura was in the bottom 3.. she was way better than most of them... Sorry to see Nadia go.. I liked her

ETA.. the people with the likes of Daniel and Maria are going to be ok cause they are probably now more recognised than those skating with them

alan45
17-01-2011, 01:05
Elen Rivas and Craig McLachlan have failed to win a spot in the final stages of this year's Dancing On Ice.

The Spanish model and Australian soap star were eliminated from the reality contest after losing a bottom three skate-off with Hollyoaks favourite Jennifer Metcalfe, who was granted a reprieve by the public when voting lines reopened.

When speaking to hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby, McLachlan thanked his professional partner Maria Filippov and joked that he was now looking forward to riding the waves Down Under.

"Well, the good news is there's a six-foot swell coming in at Bondi [Beach], but seriously I've had the best time with this bunch [of contestants] over here, and [Filippov] is an absolute treasure."

Rivas, meanwhile, came off the ice panting from her skate-off performance and stated only that she was "gutted" and "really sad" at her exit.

Her partner Lukasz Rozycki added: "She improved so much since the first time I saw her, I'm really really proud."

'Comedy' Dave Vitty, Sam Attwater, Dominic Cork, Chloe Madeley and Denise Welch - who were all granted safety by viewers earlier tonight - will join Metcalfe and last week's surviving six for the official beginning of the skating competition next week.

Should be fun when Christine Bleakley interviews Rivas on Good Morning

Siobhan
17-01-2011, 09:14
Ah.. I like Craig.. ok he wasn't great at the skating but then again neither was Stephen but he made it through.. I am beginning to think this is just a popularity contest (sarcasm)

alan45
17-01-2011, 09:38
Ah.. I like Craig.. ok he wasn't great at the skating but then again neither was Stephen but he made it through.. I am beginning to think this is just a popularity contest (sarcasm)
Of course it is just a popularity contest. Look at what happened with Todd Crappy. He had two left feet yet kept getting voted in.

Chloe O'brien
17-01-2011, 12:48

Of course it's a popularity contest more than a skating contest. Laura should never have been in the skate of last week but it's because not many people know who she is unless you watch kids channel Nickeloden. Jennifer should have went out last night as she made two mistakes last night. 1 in the main dance and 1 in the dance-off. Sam Attwood is getting up my nose already I hate watching show off so early in the competition. He is going to be like Ray Quinn.

Siobhan
17-01-2011, 12:55
I prefer when none of them have skating experience and get better as the weeks go on like last year

Katy
18-01-2011, 10:05
i just dont know who any of them are! and that makes it less enjoyable to watch. I loved the first two series but these have gone downhill fast

moonstorm
18-01-2011, 15:18
The shows seem to drag on an awful lot, there are too many adverts and I have yet to watch one right through but on saying that there has only been 2 shows, so willing to stick with it.

LostVoodoo
20-01-2011, 12:33
the number of ad breaks in DOI is ridiculous, there's one after every single dance!

Perdita
23-01-2011, 20:37
Emma Bunton has announced her engagement to Jade Jones on tonight's episode of Dancing On Ice.

The former Spice Girl flashed her engagement ring to audience members and informed them of the R&B singer's proposal.

She also revealed the news to her Twitter followers before tonight's edition of the skating competition, writing: "Yahoooo I'm engaged! Love you Jade! I'm a very happy lady!!"

The couple have a 3-year-old son named Beau and are expecting a second child later this year.

DS

Congratulations to them :)

alan45
23-01-2011, 22:09
Steven Arnold aka the late Ashley Peacock voted off tonights Dancing on Ice

Steven Arnold has become the fifth celebrity to be eliminated from Dancing On Ice.

The former Coronation Street actor finished in the bottom two alongside cricketer Dominic Cork after viewers' votes were combined with the judges' scores from earlier tonight.

The 36-year-old, who received the lowest total of the week from the panel after missing a training session, failed to convince Jason Gardiner, Emma Bunton and Robin Cousins that he should be spared, as they unanimously voted to keep Cork in the competition.

When making his decision, Gardiner declared, "It's a shame it's not a double eviction," while Cousins insisted that there would be more to come from Cork, but had no such words of encouragement for Arnold.

When asked to sum up his Dancing On Ice experience, the former Weatherfield resident stated: "It's all a blur when you're out there on the ice. I've really enjoyed it, it's just a superb buzz with the audience so I've enjoyed every moment I've been here."

Turning to his professional partner Nina Ulanova, he added: "Do you know what, I'm not a natural skater, but I put my heart and soul into this, and Nina for the last three months has been like a big sister to me."

With Arnold eliminated, show hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield teased a mysterious "never before seen" twist to be unveiled next week, which Christopher Dean stated "could change the whole direction of the competition".

Siobhan
24-01-2011, 09:40
I am glad his is gone.. I think we did all that comedy caper with Todd Carty 2 years ago... really enjoying the skating this year...

alan45
25-01-2011, 00:38
Ice Twist

A special ITV promo will premiere during the NTA’s this Wednesday which will trail the ‘ice twist’ and also the celebrities reactions – this will then run on air leading into Sunday’s show.

The show format will be the same as normal during the performance show with judges/public vote counting for 50/50.

During the results show, the bottom two will be announced by Phillip and they will take part in the skate-off.

After they’ve skated, we’ll then cut to the celebrities (as opposed to judges) and each celebrity will have to pick one of the two bottom two to be axed and give their reason why.

Will they pick someone they don’t like? Someone who is their competition? Or someone they feel didn’t skate the best?

Perdita
25-01-2011, 15:38
A little bit more info from DS:

ITV has announced that this weekend's Dancing On Ice will see the contestants vote on who gets eliminated from the competition.

The bottom two on Sunday night's results show will be decided by the usual combination of judges' scores and viewer votes, but in a twist, the remaining celebrities will have to vote one-by-one on which of the two they want to leave the show, giving reasons for their choices.

The pair who receive the highest number of votes after the skate-off will be knocked out of the competition.

The 11 remaining contestants were said to be stunned when details of the twist were broken to them yesterday. Kerry Katona and Denise Welch even refused to participate in the format change when it was initially revealed, according to The Sun.

An insider said: "This has really put the cat amongst the pigeons. They have all quietly been keeping their thoughts about their rivals to themselves. Now they will be forced to say what they think and look them in the eye while they're doing it.

"We've told them they can't mince their words and they have to give an honest opinion. Hopefully, some of the simmering tension that we've all been feeling will rise to the surface and they will get really bitchy.

"We know that some of them have strong feelings about each other as we've heard them all bitching behind the scenes. On camera they like to give the impression that it's all one big happy family - but that could not be further from the truth."

A first-look at the celebrities' reactions will air in a Dancing On Ice promo during ITV's coverage of the National Television Awards on Wednesday.

Ruffed_lemur
25-01-2011, 15:39
Ice Twist

A special ITV promo will premiere during the NTA’s this Wednesday which will trail the ‘ice twist’ and also the celebrities reactions – this will then run on air leading into Sunday’s show.

The show format will be the same as normal during the performance show with judges/public vote counting for 50/50.

During the results show, the bottom two will be announced by Phillip and they will take part in the skate-off.

After they’ve skated, we’ll then cut to the celebrities (as opposed to judges) and each celebrity will have to pick one of the two bottom two to be axed and give their reason why.

Will they pick someone they don’t like? Someone who is their competition? Or someone they feel didn’t skate the best?

Doesn't sound fair. Why can't they just stick with the judges?

Ruffed_lemur
25-01-2011, 15:42
the number of ad breaks in DOI is ridiculous, there's one after every single dance!

That's just ITV for you, and this show is on at peak time. I love the show and will watch no matter what. :)

Siobhan
25-01-2011, 15:55
That's just ITV for you, and this show is on at peak time. I love the show and will watch no matter what. :)

yeah the ads annoy me but I keep watching.. I am now getting use to see one or two dances and go on a break...

alan45
30-01-2011, 22:12
Dominic Cork is the latest Zeleb to be voted off Dancing on Ice

Dominic Cork has been voted out of Dancing On Ice by his fellow contestants in a shocking skate-off twist.

The Hampshire cricketer finished in the bottom two alongside Jeff Brazier after judges' scores for their original performances earlier tonight were combined with viewer votes.

Following confirmation of the results and a final showdown between the unlucky duo on the rink, the surviving nine celebrities were then instructed to take part in the "ice pick", which involved each of them making a conscious decision to save either Cork or Brazier.

Called out onto the ice one at a time and asked to skate over to their preferred choice, only Johnson Beharry, Denise Welch and 'Comedy' Dave Vitty opted to spare Cork, while the majority sided with Brazier and allowed him to remain in the competition.

Brazier was variously described by the stars as having "passion" and "spark", while Cork's votes from Welch and Vitty appeared to have been based on personal preferences. Only Vanilla Ice chose to surrender his vote - for Brazier - to chance with a "diplomatic, classy" coin toss.

Speaking after the ballot, Cork assured his former skating colleagues that they should not worry about tonight's vote.

He gushed: "I have loved [the show] and one reason is because of this lady here, [partner] Alexandra Schauman, she is a top professional. I hope she's back here cos whoever gets her is a lucky man... I have loved it."

Schauman concluded Cork's Dancing On Ice experience by stating that the sportsman had managed to "inspire her" during his short time on the show.

Tuareet
31-01-2011, 12:50
They should do this every week and they could then dispense with the judges. I cannot stand jason Gardiner, although sometimes what he says is right, most times the comments he makes are just rude, insulting and totally uncalled for.

Siobhan
31-01-2011, 13:02
They should do this every week and they could then dispense with the judges. I cannot stand jason Gardiner, although sometimes what he says is right, most times the comments he makes are just rude, insulting and totally uncalled for.

I like Jason.. he basically says what I am thinking... sometimes they are rude but you can't keep pandering to celebs..they get enough of that and if they are ****, say so.. don't mince the words

Perdita
05-02-2011, 07:39
Dancing On Ice is to launch the next phase of the competition this weekend.

The 'Ultimate Skills Test' will see the remaining skaters given three specific skills that require purely individual expertise. They will be taught by past contestants Hayley Tamaddon, Ray Quinn and Chris Fountain.

The returning trio, who will each represent a specific skill, are to take it in turns over the next three weeks to work with the hopefuls.

Starting on Sunday, Tamaddon will showcase the steps, Quinn will represent the jump the week after, and the spin will be taught by Fountain in three shows' time.

The contestants will exhibit their new skills over the next two weeks, but they will not be specifically marked like the required element in previous series. A celebrity will still be voted off each show as normal.

The test itself will then take place on the week of the step being introduced. The skaters' routines will be required to feature all three skills, which will carry significant weight towards their individual scores.

Dancing On Ice continues on Sunday at 6.35pm on ITV1.

DS

Ruffed_lemur
06-02-2011, 14:31
Dancing On Ice is to launch the next phase of the competition this weekend.

The 'Ultimate Skills Test' will see the remaining skaters given three specific skills that require purely individual expertise. They will be taught by past contestants Hayley Tamaddon, Ray Quinn and Chris Fountain.

The returning trio, who will each represent a specific skill, are to take it in turns over the next three weeks to work with the hopefuls.

Starting on Sunday, Tamaddon will showcase the steps, Quinn will represent the jump the week after, and the spin will be taught by Fountain in three shows' time.

The contestants will exhibit their new skills over the next two weeks, but they will not be specifically marked like the required element in previous series. A celebrity will still be voted off each show as normal.

The test itself will then take place on the week of the step being introduced. The skaters' routines will be required to feature all three skills, which will carry significant weight towards their individual scores.

Dancing On Ice continues on Sunday at 6.35pm on ITV1.

DS

I bet some of them have trouble from now on!

Ruffed_lemur
06-02-2011, 14:34
I like Jason.. he basically says what I am thinking... sometimes they are rude but you can't keep pandering to celebs..they get enough of that and if they are ****, say so.. don't mince the words

I quite like him too. He's blunt with his comments but usually right!

Perdita
07-02-2011, 05:42
Jennifer Metcalfe has become the seventh celebrity to leave Dancing On Ice after a "shock" vote.

The Hollyoaks actress and rapper Vanilla Ice finished bottom of the leaderboard after audience members snubbed their performances in tonight's Las Vegas-themed show, which saw the celebrities face a skills test for the first time in the form of a challenging stepping sequence.

Following an impressive final skate-off, judges Jason Gardiner, Emma Bunton and Robin Cousins all argued that neither of the unlucky duo should be facing elimination tonight.

However, when the votes were cast, all three panelists opted to save Vanilla Ice, with Gardiner adding that the musician put "more personality in [his] performance" and Cousins clarifying that his decision was based entirely on the skate-off.

Her exit decided, Metcalfe began to break down in tears as her professional partner Sylvain Longchambon attempted to comfort her.

"I can't really speak," she spluttered. "I just wanted to get further for him, he's put so much time into me."

Clearly stunned by the public's decision, Christopher Dean openly lamented the loss of one of the competition's strongest skaters.

"[She had] so much more to give, Jen was really coming into her own. The togetherness they were giving us was fantastic."

Dean's sentiments about Metcalfe were shared by the show's host Phillip Schofield, who commented that he simply couldn't "figure out what happened tonight".

Dancing On Ice returns for a "night at the theatre" next Sunday at 6.35pm on ITV1.

DS

Siobhan
07-02-2011, 16:14
surprised Jen left.. she was really good...I wish Kerry would just up and leave.. she is annoying me in so many ways "I can't do it, I can't do it".. then go you mad woman.. can you do anything??

Loving Laura and Sam.. yeah Sam is a good skater but he can make mistakes and is not like Chris and Ray were at the beginning... Vanilla Ice is annoyed me too.. he bends over his partner way to much and comedy dave is like a robot...I would like Denise to get better, she is so much fun

Perdita
08-02-2011, 07:08
DANCING on Ice judge Jason Gardiner faced calls for the sack last night as complaints to ITV about his vicious jibe at head coach Karen Barber hit 2,200.
And the acid-tongued panellist admitted he would understand if show bosses DID axe him, saying: "They're talking about it."

He added: "I don't know what they will do. I can't do anything about it.

"If I'm honest, I'm always surprised I get invited back every year."

Former judge Karen wept on Sunday night after Jason rubbished her views on war hero Johnson Beharry, telling her: "If your opinion still mattered you'd be on the panel."

Jason, 45, apologised live on air – but furious fans still deluged ITV and telly watchdog Ofcom. They also set up a petition on Twitter called "Get Jason Gardiner Off The DoI Panel".

Viewer Fran Brebner tweeted: "I think Jason is the one who needs to justify his place - not Karen."

Yesterday show host Phillip Schofield revealed he had feared furious Karen, 49, was going to hit Jason on the show.

He told ITV's This Morning: "I thought she was packing a punch. I thought she was going to backhand him!" Phillip added: "Jason makes me laugh, even when he's bad. But he had more than a foot over the line last night.

"Karen's role is important. She works with the skaters all week. I've not got to the bottom of why they genuinely can't stand each other."

Meanwhile, Jason – who is TV Biz's Dancing on Ice columnist – stressed that he was not pushed into apologising by show bosses.

He said: "There was no pressure from anyone. When I saw it played back in the results show I thought, 'I'm not thrilled with what I said there and how that came across'.

"I felt I overstepped the mark. It was personal and I wasn't proud of it. I thought, 'Be a man and apologise'."

"I honestly wanted to apologise to Karen. I've known her for six years.

"Even though it's been a tempestuous time, I don't wish her any harm."

Jason admitted that Karen blanked him after Sunday night's show.

All the celebrities and professional dancers had rallied to comfort her and her stylist had to re-touch her tear-stained make-up.

Meanwhile, TV Biz can reveal the studio audience booed Gardiner, chanting: "Jason out! Jason out!"

Last night, he dismissed the catcalls, saying: "I take it in the spirit in which it's done. It's just pantomime."

He also hit back at suggestions he had been unnecessarily harsh in his criticism of the skating performance of Victoria Cross winner Johnson, 31, who suffered horrific injuries in Iraq. Jason said: "People think I'm bullying a war hero, but I absolutely respect him as a man.

"What he has gone through is inspirational, but I'm not going to give him special dispensation because of that.

"I don't take anybody else's past into account. It would be patronising. He knows this."

An ITV spokesman said last night: "The producers of Dancing on Ice have made it clear to Jason that this type of comment is unacceptable."

Last year Jason likened swimmer Sharron Davies to "faecal matter".

The Sun

Siobhan
08-02-2011, 09:26
Regardless of that I still like Jason... I understand Johnston has been through a lot and has progress at his own pace but still Jason was hired to look at the dancing and Johnston hasn't progress enough.. Is seems everyone is afraid to tell Johnston that he is not good so I admire Jason for taken that stand and saying it...

Tuareet
08-02-2011, 09:47
If Jason did just keep his comments to the skating performance that would be fine but he doesn't. He makes offensive inappropriate remarks to people and he went too far on Sunday night.

Siobhan
08-02-2011, 09:49
If Jason did just keep his comments to the skating performance that would be fine but he doesn't. He makes offensive inappropriate remarks to people and he went too far on Sunday night.

I honestly don't think he did.. he didn't make a nasty vile remark like he has done in the past, Karen got angry cause Johnston has progressed but Jason just pointed out, not as fast at the others.. Karen didn't get as angry when he made similar comments about Kerry but it is cause Johnston has been so inspirational to others that she took offense.. well that is the way I saw it...

Tuareet
08-02-2011, 09:54
He made a dig about Karen no longer being on the panel which was nothing to do with the ice skating.

Siobhan
08-02-2011, 09:58
He made a dig about Karen no longer being on the panel which was nothing to do with the ice skating.

Yeah he did and he did apologise... it is all a show.. you know Karen and Jason will be back next week, next season... like the fight with Louis and Simon in X factor.. it is a show and you have to have a nasty judge...

Tuareet
08-02-2011, 10:06
He made an attempt at an apology but then spoilt it. Yes I agree it is a show but even Simon and Louis don't stoop as low as him, Jason just goes too far and he doesn't even know anything about ice skating. Perhaps he should do what Craig Revel-Horwood has done and actually ice skate with one of the contestants

Siobhan
08-02-2011, 10:09
sometimes he goes to far but most of the time he is honest.. If he was off the show we would just have Celeb pandering... even Emma does it (actually she does it the most).. she gushes all over them and then says Oh just one little thing and then berates them... I rather have honesty than a loved up fest.. maybe someone in the middle..
Simon Cowell is famous for been nasty and he has come out with callous remarks to people.. but as they are ordinary people it doesn't matter...

Ruffed_lemur
08-02-2011, 16:23
Regardless of that I still like Jason... I understand Johnston has been through a lot and has progress at his own pace but still Jason was hired to look at the dancing and Johnston hasn't progress enough.. Is seems everyone is afraid to tell Johnston that he is not good so I admire Jason for taken that stand and saying it...

I quite agree but we seem to be in the minority. Karen sticks up for Johnson far more than anyone else, and she shouldn't give him special treatment. Also I think Karen should keep out of it as she isn't a judge. Hope we don't lose Jason over this...

Ruffed_lemur
08-02-2011, 16:29
I honestly don't think he did.. he didn't make a nasty vile remark like he has done in the past, Karen got angry cause Johnston has progressed but Jason just pointed out, not as fast at the others.. Karen didn't get as angry when he made similar comments about Kerry but it is cause Johnston has been so inspirational to others that she took offense.. well that is the way I saw it...

The way I saw it too. Teacher's pet spring's to mind! I actually felt a bit sorry for Kerry ( although I'm not keen on her ) for the criticism all 3 judges gave her, and no-one stuck up for her!

Siobhan
08-02-2011, 16:44
The way I saw it too. Teacher's pet spring's to mind! I actually felt a bit sorry for Kerry ( although I'm not keen on her ) for the criticism all 3 judges gave her, and no-one stuck up for her!

I didn't feel sorry for her at all.. as Philip said, she has coined a new DOI phrase "I can't do it".... but yes I get what you mean.. nobody stuck up for her and they were worse on her than they were on Johnston

Perdita
10-02-2011, 07:04
Karen Barber could be brought back onto the judging panel of Dancing On Ice, according to sources.

Former judge Barber currently serves as the contestants' head coach on the ITV reality show, but hit the headlines recently for her exchange with Jason Gardiner, in which the Australian judge snapped: "If your opinion still mattered, Karen, you would still be on the judging panel."

It has now been reported that producers are discussing whether to move Barber back to the panel in an effort to incorporate more professional skaters in the judging lineup and to allow her the opportunity to have as great a say in the competition as Gardiner.

An insider told The Mirror: "Many people were upset by what Jason said and Karen was devastated. He made her sound like she was worthless on the show and that couldn't be further from the truth.

"The reason Karen was moved off the panel was to free her up to spend more time with the skaters, giving them expert tips and tuition. She is brilliant at what she does and Jason's comments last Sunday upset not just Karen but a lot of the cast, the crew and producers.

"This week, there have been talks about giving Karen back her slot on the panel. As well as allowing her to respond to Jason more directly, it would also mean that the judging panel had more actual skating experts on board.

"It would be a kind of victory for Karen in her row with Jason, but also for the majority of viewers, who seem to be on her side and really value her opinion."

It is thought that Barber's current role would prevent any restructuring taking place this series, but producers are apparently keen to make the change for next year's run.

An ITV spokesman said: "We are concentrating on the current series and have made no final decisions about Dancing On Ice in 2012."

DS

Ruffed_lemur
10-02-2011, 17:57
I think they made the right decision removing her from the panel.

alan45
13-02-2011, 01:09
Dancing On Ices heavily- publicised romance between favourite Sam Attwater and partner Brianne Delcourt is exposed by The People today as a SHAM.

We witnessed the former EastEnders star passionately kissing ANOTHER of the shows skaters, married Alexandra Schauman, while his girlfriend Brianne looked on unconcerned.

Bosses of the top-rated ITV show will be furious especially as tonights episode features recorded footage of Sam, 24, and Brianne, 30, enjoying a pre-Valentine romantic day out.

The pair who have cashed-in on their relationship with a series of magazine interviews are also due to woo viewers tonight by skating while dressed as a bride and groom.

And the Dancing On Ice website shows a picture of the couple taken for a magazine last week in bed together.

The ITV website gushed yesterday: Its just too exciting. Sam and Brianne have confirmed they are a couple.

But our revelation will lead to claims that millions of viewers who pay at least 35p for each phone vote have been falsely won over by a bogus love-story.

One show insider said yesterday: Everyone is shocked by the news. Sam and Brianne's romance has been one of the main focal points of this series.

The fact that Sam is apparently interested in another dancer only makes matters worse.

Now the big worry at ITV is that many Dancing On Ice followers will feel slightly cheated by all of this.

On Thursday night Sam and Alexandra, 30 who partners former cricket star Dominic Cork, 39 were openly kissing outside The Magpie pub near Shepperton Studios in Surrey where Dancing On Ice is filmed.

And shockingly, Brianne watched the action without any apparent concern.

One onlooker said: It was incredible to see Briannes reaction to Sam and Alexandras open affection.

It's not the way you'd expect anyone who was meant to be involved in a relationship with Sam to behave.

Sam and Brianne who has said in an interview: We clicked instantly, we love each other to bits had earlier spent the afternoon filming in London for tonights show.

The People looked on as Sam handed Brianne red roses at the Tate Modern museum. But romance seemed to be lacking and Sam only gave the blonde a peck on the cheek and hugged her.

At 8.30pm they were picked up by car from the Oxo Tower bar and driven to the Magpie pub in Walton, Surrey.

And later that night we watched as Sams real interest became apparent.

He popped out of the pub with Finnish beauty Alexandra, 30, who is married to another of the shows pro skaters, Lukasz Rozycki. Sam then cuddled Alexandra and gave her a long full-on kiss in public totally unlike the way he kissed Brianne earlier.

Two minutes later Brianne walked out to join them and watched unmoved as Sam and Alexandra gazed into each others eyes.

A startled onlooker said: Brianne didn't seem at all shocked. It was like she was in on the whole thing.

All three returned inside but at midnight Sam and Alexandra once again walked out. This time they kissed and hugged for two minutes. Brianne joined them again and the trio smoked cigarettes.

Afterwards, in front of Brianne, Sam sat on a plant tub with Alexandra on his lap.

He fondly touched her bottom while Brianne leaned against the pub door.

The trio went back inside five minutes later. At 12.35am, Sam and Alexandra emerged once again and shared another intimate moment.

Brianne came out and the three got into a waiting taxi. Alexandra was dropped off at the house she shares with Polish husband Lukasz, 31.

Sam and Brianne were driven to a block of flats nearby.

Only two weeks ago, show host Phillip Schofield asked live on air whether the pair were in a relationship.

They looked red-faced and laughed, to which Schofield said: I'll take that as a yes then.

But The Peoples suspicions about the romance were raised around the same time. A reporter at Brianne's 30th birthday party at London's Sanctum hotel noticed the couple barely uttered a word to each other all night.

But as soon as they stepped outside where photographers were waiting, they suddenly became all lovey-dovey.

Our revelations will leave Alexandra with much explaining to do to her husband, who partners ex-soccer WAG Elen Rivas, 36, on the show.

On Friday Alexandra and Lukasz strolled from their home in Walton, Surrey. They went for a coffee before separating. Alexandra walked home alone, clutching the magazine in which Sam and Brianne talk of romance.

Last night a show insider told The People: ITV will be furious if Sam and Brianne have alluded to being in a relationship and theyre not.

When Alexandra was asked about kissing Sam she said: We had a few drinks, we were being silly. Lukasz said: I don't know anything about it.

(c) Sunday People

Ruffed_lemur
13-02-2011, 15:05
All these " romances " are confusing. I would say Sam and Alexandra were just messing about.

Perdita
14-02-2011, 05:32
'Comedy' Dave Vitty has become the eighth celebrity to leave Dancing On Ice.

The radio star did battle with Kerry Katona after they finished bottom of the leaderboard when judges' scores and viewer votes for their 'Night At The Theatre' performances were combined.

With the skate-off complete, hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby turned to the judges' panel to decide who would be eliminated.

First was a clearly torn Emma Bunton, who had championed Vitty's comedic routines all throughout the series.

"I found this very difficult and I still can't quite believe I'm doing this," she said, before saving Katona based on the strength of her skate-off performance.

Next up to vote was Robin Cousins, who declared: "Kerry, it was a much much stronger performance, Dave, some of it was messy, but the jumps were better." After describing the vote as a "toss up", Cousins eventually decided to save Vitty, who he saw as the more natural skater.

With the panel tied, the deciding vote fell to Jason Gardiner, who rated Katona's performance above Vitty's, thereby sending him home.

The result revealed, Vitty joked with Schofield and Willoughby that his professional partner Frankie Poultney had warned him to expect numerous skate-off showdowns.

"I'm gutted, obviously, but I know I'm not one of the best skaters in this competition," he conceded. "It's been a real privilege to have Frankie as a partner. I've had such a good time, thank you so much."

Dancing On Ice returns next Sunday with the 'Ultimate Skills Test" at 6.35pm on ITV1.

DS

Ruffed_lemur
14-02-2011, 16:47
Really surprised at Emma and Jason voting for Kerry!!!

Kerry did put a lot into her routine, but Dave did the jump far better.

Siobhan
14-02-2011, 16:52
Really surprised at Emma and Jason voting for Kerry!!!

Kerry did put a lot into her routine, but Dave did the jump far better.

Yeah.. I was shocked too... I really thought Jason would have gone for Dave.. he has complained about Kerry every week... Laura is coming up fast on Sam.. it was really exciting this week to watch them all

Siobhan
14-02-2011, 16:56
All these " romances " are confusing. I would say Sam and Alexandra were just messing about.

Yeah.. I heard a lot more than this.. I heard Kerry kissed Daniel (and not in "you're my friend way") and that Jen was with her partner...

Perdita
17-02-2011, 14:58
Vanilla Ice will reportedly skate to his hit 'Ice Ice Bay' on Dancing On Ice this week.

The rapper - whose real name is Robert Van Winkle - had hinted that the track would be used in recent messages on his Twitter account.

One of his tweets read: "Wait till you hear the song I am performing to this Sunday ! Lol! (sic)"

The Sun reports that show bosses approved the song's use on this weekend's show.

"We are very happy to confirm that Vanilla Ice will be skating to 'Ice Ice Baby' during Ultimate Skills Week," a spokesman told the paper. "All the celebrities will have to do a jump, step and spin in their routines and will be marked on them.

"Vanilla is very happy he has been given his classic track for such an important weekend on the show," they added.

The 43-year-old commented: "Everyone loves that track. I guarantee that when you're 80 years old and that song comes on you'll remember what you were doing when you first heard it."

DS

Chloe O'brien
20-02-2011, 14:07
I hope it's not a bad omen for Vanilla ice skating to his own song. Last year poor Mikey from Boyzone went out after skating to a Ronan Keating song.

Perdita
20-02-2011, 20:22
I thought Vanilla Ice was the best performer tonight, well done!!!!

alan45
20-02-2011, 22:32
Kerry Katona becomes the latest zzzzeleb to be booted off this show

Perdita
21-02-2011, 06:15
Kerry Katona has become the ninth celebrity to leave Dancing On Ice after failing to impress in the 'Ultimate Skills Test'.

The reality TV personality, who openly acknowledged the likelihood of elimination earlier tonight, landed in the bottom two alongside Jeff Brazier after the public vote and judges' scores were combined.

The I'm A Celebrity winner almost came crashing to the ice after slipping out of a lift during her skate-off routine, a final error which ultimately led judges Jason Gardiner, Emma Bunton and Robin Cousins to unanimously save Brazier.

While casting their votes, the judges variously described Brazier as "brilliant" and giving "one of the best performances of the night", but only urged Katona to enjoy a holiday she had booked in anticipation of her exit.

Stepping off the rink, Katona tearfully thanked everyone on the show - from hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby to the Dancing On Ice medics - for the opportunity to turn her troubled life around.

She said: "You know what, we all know I'm not the best, but it's been an absolute honour... it's been more than a skating competition.

"A big thank you for the public to give me that second chance. My kids are proud... I've enjoyed it."

Meanwhile, Katona's professional partner Daniel Whiston stated: "It's been a journey, I've learnt a lot about myself. Kerry's been a brilliant friend, and to me, Kerry's my winner."

Dancing On Ice returns next Sunday at 6.35pm on ITV1.

DS

Siobhan
21-02-2011, 09:24
I thought Vanilla Ice was the best performer tonight, well done!!!!

I thought the Laura was amazing!! so glad she topped the table.. Vanilla ice performance was great too. Kerry did deserve to go.. she was not great and did do half the required elements

Perdita
27-02-2011, 19:58
WOW!!!!! Riverdance on ice ... great performance by Sam and Brianne :cheer:

Perdita
28-02-2011, 05:42
Vanilla Ice has become the tenth celebrity voted out of this year's Dancing On Ice.

The rapper - real name Rob Van Winkle - failed to impress with his Spanish flamenco, ultimately landing in the bottom two with Laura Hamilton when judges' scores and viewer votes for tonight's 'World Tour' episode were combined.

After the skate-off, the panel of Robin Cousins, Emma Bunton and Jason Gardiner unanimously voted to save Hamilton, with Cousins stating that the Nickelodeon presenter gave a "stronger technical performance" and Bunton clarifying that the decision was "definitely the toughest... so far".

Speaking to Phillip Schofield and guest host Coleen Nolan, the 'Ice Ice Baby' star gushed: "I've had a great time. I never thought I'd be out here. Everything in here is just amazing and I appreciate the whole experience. It's been a great adventure."

Vanilla Ice and his professional partner Katie Stainsby concluded the show with a farewell lap of the ice rink.

Dancing On Ice returns next Sunday at 6.35pm on ITV1.

DS

Ruffed_lemur
28-02-2011, 17:08
What a shame Vanilla Ice has gone. :( Hope we get rid of one of the poorer skaters next week.

Siobhan
28-02-2011, 17:17
What a shame Vanilla Ice has gone. :( Hope we get rid of one of the poorer skaters next week.

Yeah it is a shame but he was up against Laura who is a great skater... Glad Laura didn't go. Sam was brilliant this week.. really enjoyed river dance on Ice!!

Ruffed_lemur
28-02-2011, 18:09
Yeah it is a shame but he was up against Laura who is a great skater... Glad Laura didn't go. Sam was brilliant this week.. really enjoyed river dance on Ice!!

It was awful that Laura was in the skate-off as well as Vanilla Ice. I thought it might be Denise and Jeff.

I loved Sam's River dance too!

Chloe O'brien
01-03-2011, 09:36
It's more of a popularity competition rather than a skating competition just like any other celebrity reality shows. Signs are showing that Denise and Johnston are struggling to progress as much as others but they have a bigger fanbase than Laura and Vanillia.

miccisy
01-03-2011, 20:35
I think Johnson should go cos he is nowhere near as good as the others. I know he has problems and think its great what he did in the past but really that shouldnt affect peoples votes on a skating show. He isnt as good as the others and terefore shouldnt be in it.
I also think Denise should go but think really its gunna be between Laura and Sam in final

Siobhan
02-03-2011, 09:57
Miccisy.. totally agree with you and Denise shouldn't be there either as much as I love her... everyone has improved so much except those two and we lost some good skaters due to this.. Sam and Laura for final 2.. perhaps Chloe in Final too

Chloe O'brien
02-03-2011, 10:12
I'd rather have Laura and Chloe in the final instead of Sam. He has been good since week 1 and not really did much progressing. Denise or Johnstone to go this week. It's not fair on other contestants that they're not progressing as much. And I think that Denise maybe getting extra votes for her skating partner.

Ruffed_lemur
06-03-2011, 17:58
Miccisy.. totally agree with you and Denise shouldn't be there either as much as I love her... everyone has improved so much except those two and we lost some good skaters due to this.. Sam and Laura for final 2.. perhaps Chloe in Final too

Those are the 3 I'd like to see in the final. Sam, Chloe and Laura. They all deserve to be there IMO.

Ruffed_lemur
06-03-2011, 18:01
I'd rather have Laura and Chloe in the final instead of Sam. He has been good since week 1 and not really did much progressing. Denise or Johnstone to go this week. It's not fair on other contestants that they're not progressing as much. And I think that Denise maybe getting extra votes for her skating partner.

Denise may be getting votes for Matt ( he is cute! ) but she's popular too. Like to see her, Johnson or Jeff go tonight.

Siobhan
06-03-2011, 18:12
I can't see Laura winning this as she has twice been in the bottom 2 (and should never have been), Sam is just recently out of EE so will probably win and get most of the votes...

Perdita
07-03-2011, 05:47
Denise Welch has become the eleventh star to leave this year's Dancing On Ice.

The Loose Women favourite finished in the bottom two alongside Johnson Beharry when judges' scores and viewer votes were combined, despite having had her initial points doubled after winning the team challenge with Laura Hamilton and Jeff Brazier earlier tonight.

When quizzed about her lack of support, Welch quipped: "Well, it was bound to happen at some point, wasn't it? Whatever the outcome, I've had the most fantastic time. It's been the experience of a lifetime."

Following the completion of the skate-off, judges Emma Bunton, Robin Cousins and Jason Gardiner all opted to save Beharry, who had received his highest score of the series yet from the panel in tonight's show.

During the vote, Bunton branded Johnson as "a smoother performer", while Cousins commented that the army hero "had that extra little something and determination".

The result revealed, Welch thanked the public for continuing to back her and bid farewell to her fellow contestants, who she described as "wonderful pals".

She told hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby: "I never in a million years thought I would get to this stage. I'm knackered, I've had the most wonderful time... you haven't seen the last of me yet."

Dancing On Ice returns next Sunday at 7.10pm on ITV1.

DS

Perdita
14-03-2011, 05:57
Jeff Brazier has become the next celebrity to leave Dancing On Ice 2011.

The presenter finished in the bottom two with Sam Attwater after judges' scores and viewer votes for their 'Prop Week' performances were combined. Both appeared to lose support after fumbling with their allocated items in tonight's earlier routines.

The pair then did battle in a much-improved skate-off, after which a relieved Brazier stated: "If I have to go out on a performance like that I'll hold my hands up, 'cause that was my best."

However, the judging panel unanimously gave their approval to Attwater, with Emma Bunton noting that the ex-EastEnders actor had given a "fantastic second performance", and Jason Gardiner asserting that Brazier's display simply "wasn't enough".

Despite opting to let Brazier leave the competition, fellow judge Robin Cousins praised the 31-year-old for taking his performance "to another level", while Bunton revealed that she "would have loved to see both" of the bottom two in next week's semi-final.

When quizzed by hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby about what went wrong for him this week, Brazier jested: "I'm gonna blame it on the Swedish '70s roll-neck I had on."

He added: "I feel like I'm grateful to have had the opportunity and to have gotten so far amongst so many great people.

"I've enjoyed my time on Dancing On Ice, and honestly it's great and I'm gonna keep up the skating."

He then turned to professional partner Isabelle Gauthier and said: "Thanks for putting up with me for six months."

The show's mentors Christopher Dean and Jayne Torvill bid a final farewell to Brazier, where they praised the Essex-born star's extraordinary progress throughout the competition.

Dean concluded: "We've watched him grow and come along so far and [seen] how strong he's been in his lifts, his skating and his personality. He's grown so much."

Dancing On Ice returns next Sunday at 6.40pm on ITV1, with "the hardest challenge" that any contestants have ever faced.

DS

Perdita
14-03-2011, 15:29
Sam Attwater has suggested that he might skate naked this Sunday as part of the latest Dancing On Ice twist. :eek:

After last night's show, the final celebrity skaters were informed by Torvill and Dean that for the semi-finals they would be performing alone and choreographing their own routines.

Host Phillip Schofield revealed on This Morning that Attwater's first reaction to the news was an offer to bare all on the ice.

"Sam said that he wants to go out there and skate naked because it will distract everyone," said Schofield.

Eliminated contestant Jeff Brazier said that he is a fan of the latest twist on the show, arguing that it would be "extra rewarding" for anyone who makes it through to the final off the back of their own routine.

DS

:eek: :D

Siobhan
14-03-2011, 15:35
eugh.. I don't want to see Sam naked...

Would love to see Chloe and Laura in the final

Chloe O'brien
18-03-2011, 21:11
I think they're maybe an upset this week. Sam going out and Johnstone making it too the final with Chloe and Laura.

Perdita
21-03-2011, 05:46
Johnson Beharry has just missed out on a place in the Dancing On Ice final.

The army hero became the 13th contestant booted from the figure skating show, after finishing in the bottom two with Chloe Madeley when public votes and judges' scores were combined.

After a final skate-off, hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby threw the vote over to judges Robin Cousins, Jason Gardiner and Emma Bunton. All three chose to spare Madeley, who tripped over during her earlier routine, but praised Beharry for his sensational progress throughout the show.

Cousins congratulated Beharry for making the semi-finals, while Gardiner noted that the former soldier had come "an incredibly long way", before expressing his desire for a "final that we can be proud of".

Bunton concluded the vote by calling Johnson an "inspiration" for performing a solo routine in tonight's show, given that months ago he was unable to even stand up on the ice.

His fate sealed, Johnson stepped out of the rink for his exit interview to a rapturous round of applause from the studio audience.

"[There's] no need to be sad," he told the crowd. "I had loads of fun. I had [the] time of my life."

He proceeded to thank the members of the Dancing On Ice team for helping him recover from horrific injuries sustained in the war zone.

"They actually helped me so much, words cant describe how much they held me," he said. "It's amazing."

Beharry's tearful partner Jodeyne Higgins was also quick to express her fondness for the star, stating: "This entire journey has been absolutely incredible, and every moment I've been out there on the ice with this man has been inspirational."

Madeley, Sam Attwater and Laura Hamilton will compete for the Dancing On Ice trophy in next Sunday's final, which airs at 7.40pm on ITV1.

DS

Chloe O'brien
21-03-2011, 12:11
It was right that Johnson went he was the weakest of the four. Still he has had a massive journey considering he couldn't even stand on ice at the begining of training. Poor Chloe she was gutted when they fell last night.

tammyy2j
21-03-2011, 12:49
I hope Laura wins now

Siobhan
21-03-2011, 13:00
Yeah..I want Laura to win too.. she has done a fantastic job... Sam was good from day one and Laura has been in bottom two twice already.. nearly out on the first show but she has grown, is taken risks and is really fun to watch...

LostVoodoo
21-03-2011, 17:50
i want either Chloe or Laura to win, they've both worked really hard and stayed in without having massive fanbases. plus I think Sam put a lot of people off with the fake romance.

Perdita
27-03-2011, 12:40
Dancing On Ice contestants Laura Hamilton and Sam Attwater have both been forced to scrap their costumes for tonight's final after suffering wardrobe malfunctions.

The Sun claims that Hamilton's Madonna-inspired corset for her 'Express Yourself' routine was ditched over fears that her breasts may become exposed during the show's live conclusion, while Attwater's jeans for a planned Footloose homage were deemed to be "too revealing" and at risk of splitting. :eek: :lol:

"Everyone wants to sex it up but nobody wants to come a cropper," a source told the paper.

Referring to the moment that Judy Finnigan inadvertently flashed her bra at the National Television Awards in 2000, the insider jested: "Chloe [Madeley]'s the only sensible one - probably because of her mum's wardrobe malfunction."

Madeley will dance to Glee's take on Dirty Dancing classic 'Time Of My Life' in tonight's final, which airs at 7.40pm on ITV1.

DS

Perdita
27-03-2011, 21:46
Chloe Madeley has finished third in this year's series of Dancing On Ice.

The TV presenter was sent home after receiving the fewest amount of viewer votes for her self-created Dirty Dancing homage and a repeat performance of her Bollywood-inspired 'Kiss Kiss' routine from week six's 'World Tour'.

Madeley finished bottom of the leaderboard after tonight's initial two dances, notching up a total of 54 points to Laura Hamilton's 56 and Sam Attwater's 58. Her rivals both received at least two 10s from judges, with Hamilton scoring a perfect 30 for her Pointer Sisters tribute.

Speaking after the result, Madeley stated: "I'm just on cloud nine, I'm so thrilled that we got to the final."

After declaring her fondness for professional partner Michael Zenezini, she added: "Hopefully we'll get to do his bolero on tour because it is a treat.

"This has been the most incredible fun, and to everyone who's going to do it next year I'm going to be so jealous. This is the best experience I've ever had."

The show's three judges and the contestants' mentors Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean variously praised Madeley throughout the night for maturing as a skater and a person within the competition.

"You light the ice up," Emma Bunton commented after her first routine, adding later: "I have loved watching you progress, I feel like we've watched this woman [appear] before our eyes, and you've come the furthest for me."

Attwater and Hamilton will now skate Torvill and Dean's legendary bolero routine in an attempt to land the Dancing On Ice trophy.

DS

Perdita
27-03-2011, 21:57
The Dancing On Ice Champion 2011 is Sam and Brianne :cheer: they were great!!!

Chloe O'brien
27-03-2011, 23:44
I wanted Laura or Chloe to win. Never mind.

alan45
28-03-2011, 05:30
Sam Attwater has been crowned the winner of Dancing On Ice 2011.

The Eastenders actor garnered the most viewer votes after topping off his self-created Footloose showcase and a reprise of his 'Riverdance' routine from 'World Tour' week with an accomplished take on Torvill and Dean's legendary bolero.

Attwater, who sat atop the judges' leaderboard tonight after his initial two routines, beamed as the result was announced and enthusiastically embraced his professional partner and former lover Brianne Delcourt.

The 24-year-old then hoisted Delcourt onto his shoulders as she proudly brandished their hard-fought Dancing On Ice trophy.

When earlier asked by hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby to sum up his experience, Attwater gushed: "It feels amazing and I don't want to do what everyone does but I have to say thank you to everyone… there's so many people here and I've had the time of my life and it's all down to them."

Referring to Delcourt, he added: "I've made a friend for life, and I wouldn't be here now at this point and at the standard I am if it wasn't for Brianne."

Runner-up Laura Hamilton, who scored the series's first and only perfect 30 from judges earlier tonight, graciously accepted her defeat and acknowledged that she could have been eliminated in the first week after finishing in the skate-off after the debut viewer vote.

"It's been such an incredible experience, and to think that [I] could have not even been part of this competition at all," she said. "I've lived, breathed, slept ice skating for the last six, seven months...100% I'm gonna continue skating."

Hamilton's professional partner Colin Ratushniak further praised his companion, stating: "For a first series, who could ask for a better partner, completely fearless... she blew me out of the water with what she could."

Judges Jason Gardiner, Robin Cousins and Emma Bunton variously described Attwater as "amazing", "accomplished", "terrific" and a "real performer" throughout tonight's final.

Bunton said after his 'Riverdance' display: "We are so lucky to have you on this show, you've been an amazing skater all the way through, but I've watched you become an amazing performer [too]."

On Attwater and Delcourt's bolero, Gardiner added: "[It was] incredibly captivating. I believed that you two were passionately involved, but mosty importantly you allowed time to breathe and execute everything so we could enjoy it with you."

Torvill and Dean were similarly impressed with the star's take on their iconic routine, with the former commenting that his dance was "very moving, very passionate, very strong".

Ruffed_lemur
29-03-2011, 18:40
The Dancing On Ice Champion 2011 is Sam and Brianne :cheer: they were great!!!

Yeah! I liked all 3 finalists, but thought Sam deserved to win on the night! :cheer: :)

Siobhan
30-03-2011, 09:21
totally agree.. I was Laura fan but on the night Sam was the better competitor.. Laura lost a bit of her sparkle in her showcase and the bolero.. Sam did an amazing job... Was lovely to see Laura get full marks..