PDA

View Full Version : Smallville Series 10

Perdita
14-07-2010, 12:41
V star Laura Vandervoort will reportedly return to Smallville for the show's final season.

The actress was a series regular throughout the seventh season, and later made a guest appearance in the season eight episode 'Bloodline'.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Vandervoort will reprise her role as Clark Kent's cousin Kara in an episode scheduled to air in October.

It was previously announced that John Schneider will also return to the show as Clark's adoptive father Jonathan Kent.

Former stars Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang) and Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor) have also been rumoured to be making an appearance in the tenth and final season of Smallville.

The show will return to The CW on September 24.

tammyy2j
14-07-2010, 12:57
I think its the 10th season not 9th

Perdita
14-07-2010, 13:01
oops, I think you are right. Please can a MOD correct the thread for me, thanks.

Perdita
20-07-2010, 16:31
Thank you Siobhan :)

Perdita
22-07-2010, 18:08
DC Comics character Cat Grant is to join the cast of Smallville for the show's tenth and final season.

Entertainment Weekly reports that the role will join the show as Clark Kent's new partner at the Daily Planet.

Catherine 'Cat' Grant was first introduced to Superman comics in 1987 as a gossip columnist working alongside Clark and Lois Lane. She was originally a potential love interest for Superman.

The character was previously portrayed by actress Tracy Scoggins on '90s Superman series Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.

Producers are currently searching for a new actress to play the role on Smallville.

Perdita
26-07-2010, 17:53
Erica Durance has dropped hints about what is ahead for her Smallville character Lois.

In the ninth season finale, Clark (Tom Welling) revealed his secret identity to Lois.

According to E! Online, Durance has now explained that Lois takes the news well.

"Lois knows Clark's secret, and that's mind-blowing, but it's an affirmation she has because I believe she's always known they were the same people," Durance said at Comic-Con. "I would go up against anyone about that. And now Lois is embracing it and finding out where she fits in his world now that he's this rock star."

However, Durance explained that she does not want all of Lois's storylines to revolve around the romance.

She said: "Hopefully she will continue to go forward and continue her individual path and being that undercover reporter and believing in herself - not just relying on the fact that he's a superhero. I want her to still continue to save herself."

Smallville returns for a new season on September 24 on The CW.

lizann
27-07-2010, 15:52
I can believe this is still going for a 10th season

Perdita
30-07-2010, 13:29
The CW's Dawn Ostroff has admitted that the network is considering adapting another DC Comics superhero for television when Smallville ends.

The entertainment president told reporters at the Television Critic's Association press tour that a replacement for the show is in development.

"We have started to talk about if there are other DC comic book adaptations," she revealed. "We haven't picked anything else up to develop yet, [but] we would like to see something on the air, so we're going to work on it."

Ostroff also confirmed that a spinoff from Smallville is a possibility.

"We are talking about everything," she said. "The characters are there. We're looking at the DC library. There are different parts of the puzzle. At the end of the day, I would love to be able to say that Smallville is going off the air and now we have something else is coming on."

The tenth and final season of Smallville begins September 24 on The CW.

Perdita
30-07-2010, 15:00
The executive producer of Smallville has revealed that she already knows how the series will end.

Speaking to DS at Comic-Con, Kelly Souders explained that the team behind the show have had an idea for the finale for some time.

"We know the last scene," she said. "We've known the last scene for a long time and we know a lot, actually, for the finale.

"We've been doing a wishlist of what we wanted in it for years, so it'll be jam-packed with goodies."

Souders added that she never expected the series to last so long, saying: "I don't think anybody would have thought that the show would have gone for ten years.

"Every year you come to the end event and you're like, 'Wow, it's been on for so long and it's done so much, how could we possibly do more?' And at the beginning of every season we have more ideas than we can even do, so we're having literally to throw ideas out, so I feel like Superman could go on for eternity."

The tenth and final season of Smallville will premiere on September 24 on The CW.

Perdita
30-07-2010, 18:19
Smallville producers Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson have revealed details of Kara's return to the series.

Kara (played by Laura Vandervoort) - the cousin of Clark Kent (Tom Welling) - was a regular character in the show's seventh season and made a guest appearance in season eight.

"We're quite excited [about her return]," Souders told IGN. "You'll see a little bit more Supergirl than Kara in this episode. That's why [the episode is] called 'Supergirl'."

She continued: "When she comes in she is going to kind of shake up the world for all of our superheroes."

"It sends them in a very different direction," added Peterson.

Peterson refused to confirm whether Kara would teach Clark how to fly. However, Souders hinted that she could convince the future Superman to finally wear his famous costume.

"She might," teased the showrunner. "She's a fashion girl. She's knows how to accessorise."

The tenth season of Smallville - the show's last - will premiere on September 24 on The CW. Vandervoort's episode is scheduled to air in October.

Perdita
11-08-2010, 19:37
Smallville star John Schneider has revealed that fans of the show often confuse him with his character Jonathan Kent.

He told The Futon Critic that one viewer, a soldier in the US armed forces, was desperate for Kent's approval.

"In the uniform, he said, 'Would you hug me and tell me you're proud of me?'" revealed Schneider. "He'd just come back from Baghdad and that's what he wanted more than anything in the world. He wanted Jonathan Kent to give him a hug and pat him on the back."

Schneider called the encounter with the soldier "an honour".

"I'm not [Jonathan Kent] obviously," he explained. "But in his mind, I'm that guy."

The actor will reprise his role of Jonathan in an upcoming episode of Smallville.

The tenth and final season of the show begins on September 24 on The CW.

Perdita
11-08-2010, 19:37
Smallville producer Brian Peterson has promised that the final episode of the series will not disappoint fans.

He told The Futon Critic that he has a wishlist of elements that he plans to include in the tenth season of the show.

"I think we've got enough feedback from the fans and we have enough thoughts of our own on how we want to end it," he said. "The studio's really supportive and has given us a lot of resources so I think we're going to hit a lot of that wishlist."

He explained that working on the final season is "emotional" for the cast and crew.

"We've been doing this for so long and we're all a family," said Peterson. "We want [the show] to go out perfectly."

The final season of Smallville premieres on September 24 on The CW.

Perdita
08-09-2010, 10:34
Alan Ritchson will return to Smallville for the show's tenth and final season.

Entertainment Weekly reports that the actor will reprise his role as Arthur 'AC' Curry/Aquaman in an episode expected to air in November.

Curry first appeared in the fifth season episode 'Aqua' and was last seen in season eight, when his secret identity was uncovered by LuthorCorp.

Ritchson will reappear in the ninth episode of the new season.

Other former stars returning to the show include John Schneider (Jonathan Kent), Laura Vandervoort (Kara/Supergirl), John Glover (Lionel Luthor) and James Marsters (Milton Fine/Braniac).

Smallville returns to The CW on September 24.

tammyy2j
23-09-2010, 11:19
For the show’s 10th and final season, producers have scored perhaps their biggest casting coup: They’ve snagged erstwhile Lois Lane Teri Hatcher to play mom to Erica Durance’s Lois Lane.