PDA

View Full Version : Shane Richie's son Jake cast in 'Emmerdale'

Perdita
05-07-2010, 15:06
ITVShane Richie and Coleen Nolan's son Jake Roche has joined the cast of Emmerdale as a new love interest for teenager Hannah Barton.

The 17-year-old has taken on the role of college student Isaac, who is to become Hannah's (Grace Cassidy) first proper boyfriend when they start dating later this year.

Hannah's new relationship will be a welcome distraction as her sister Holly's (Sophie Powles) ongoing drug problem continues to cause a crisis in the Barton household. With parents John and Moira firmly distracted by Holly's issues, it remains to be seen whether they will be there for Hannah as the romance gets more serious.

Speaking of his casting, Roche commented: "I am thrilled to be part of such a great team. Everyone has made me feel so welcome. After watching Emmerdale for years on TV, I still have to pinch myself on set as it's all very surreal. My family have been very supportive as always and we all can't wait to see my first episode."

Emmerdale's series producer Gavin Blyth added: "Jake is a great addition to the cast. Isaac will be a fun character who will offer some light relief for Hannah as her family face their darkest hour."

Roche is the youngest of two sons who were welcomed by Richie and Nolan during their nine-year marriage. The couple divorced in 1999 and have both since settled down with new partners.

Emmerdale bosses have confirmed that Roche's first scenes will air in August. He will be filming with the soap for the next few months.

alan45
05-07-2010, 15:36
Already Posted http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?93364-Emmerdale-General-News-Thread/page2

Perdita
05-07-2010, 16:06
Can't see it there, Alan :searchme:

You refer to the General News thread where the last post was in March. My post was only published on DS this afternoon.

alan45
05-07-2010, 17:07
Can't see it there, Alan :searchme:

You refer to the General News thread where the last post was in March. My post was only published on DS this afternoon.

Your last post in the General News Thread was on 2nd July 2010 The post about Shane Richies son isPost 42 posted at 1240 today

Perdita
05-07-2010, 17:12
sorry, yes it is there, I checked spoilers for the post as I think it is a spoiler rather than General News, hence I did not realise, my apologies :)

Lainie
23-07-2010, 00:09
he is a wee smasher just like his dad

lizann
23-07-2010, 10:25
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/91868155.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0EF19111BB10A64D5 FBA2EA3B71D2825CE36378D72DD870DAE30A760B0D811297

Which son?

BTW Alan this is a spoiler

Perdita
23-07-2010, 10:47
The younger one, on the photo he is stood to Colleen's left side :)

uberfan
24-07-2010, 06:43
I wish that members would not carry out petty squabbles on the message boards.
I refer to the arguments about duplicate posts, not everyone looks at General News, so posting on Spoilers is OK with me!
Just get on with it and make the boards something to enjoy, not endure.

Perdita
12-08-2010, 06:26
EMMERDALE newcomer Jake Roche has admitted that he’s embarrassed by the Loose Woman in his life.

The 17-year-old, who plays Isaac Nuttall, is the son of EastEnder Shane Richie, 46, and Coleen Nolan, 45, the panelist on ITV’s lunchtime show.

Jake told This Morning how his mum is “a bit embarrassing with some of the stuff she says on Loose Women”.

alan45
12-08-2010, 14:39
http://holysoapcdn.five.tv/assets/images/15295/20100812T133758_Five_Soaps_News_1-1_1281616680_large.jpg?1281618007

Hannah Barton has had a rough old time of it, being bullied at college, so she deserves some cheering up.

And luckily a new bloke on the scene is into brainy, good girls, so Hannah is his ideal woman.

Jake Roche, 17, has just joined the soap as fun-loving student Isaac Nuttall and was excited to get stuck in with some kissing on his first day on set.

He revealed on This Morning: "My first day filming was interesting as it was a bit of a kissing scene [with Hannah] so I was straight in at the deep end and it was amazing. It was good fun! And Isaac goes for the good girl; the one with brains!"

The young actor comes from a showbiz family.

He revealed: "My dad is Shane Richie who plays Alfie Moon in EastEnders and my mother is Coleen Nolan who is a bit embarrassing with some of the stuff she says on Loose Women!"

But despite his dad being in EastEnders, Jake revealed his family love Emmerdale, and even joke they are a bit like the chaotic Dingle family.

He said: "They are all Emmerdale fans and my stepdad Ray is possibly the biggest Emmerdale fan, and my mum actually calls us the Dingles family because we live a bit like the Dingles. But yes, we're all massive fans."

In fact, Jake is such a huge Emmerdale fan he has auditioned for three roles in the soap - Aaron Livesy, Adam Barton and Isaac Nuttall - and it was third time lucky when he was offered the part of Isaac.

He joked: "I did audition a few times [for other roles] and missed out on them, and then I went to Gavin's house, the producer, and begged him on his front door to give me a part and I'm finally here!"

Emmerdale newcomer Jake Roche has reportedly claimed that he "begged" producer Gavin Blyth for a role on the serial.

The young actor, son of Shane Richie and Coleen Nolan, was previously turned down for the parts of Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller) and Adam Barton (Adam Thomas).

He explained on This Morning: "I did audition a few times [for other roles] and missed out on them, and then I went to Gavin's house, the producer, and begged him on his front door to give me a part and I'm finally here!"

Roche finally landed a role as teenager Isaac Nuttall, who will arrive in the Yorkshire village as a love interest for Hannah Barton (Grace Cassidy).

He revealed of his opening storyline: "My first day filming was interesting as it was a bit of a kissing scene [with Hannah] so I was straight in at the deep end and it was amazing. It was good fun! And Isaac goes for the good girl; the one with brains!"

Roche also compared his real-life family to the notorious Dingle clan: "They are all Emmerdale fans and my stepdad Ray is possibly the biggest Emmerdale fan, and my mum actually calls us the Dingles family because we live a bit like the Dingles. But yes, we're all massive fans."

alan45
27-08-2010, 09:56
Jake Roche has hit back at claims that he was offered a role in Emmerdale because of who his parents are.

The actor, who is the son of Coleen Nolan and Shane Richie, admitted that he knew he would face the claims after joining the ITV soap earlier this month.

"Of course people are going to say I got the job because of my parents," he told The Mirror. "It's an easy way to have a dig at me."

He continued: "But for one, I didn't use their last names Nolan or Richie. I went with my own name Jake Roche - dad's name before he changed it to Richie."

Loose Women panellist Nolan previously insisted that Roche had always dreamed of being an actor.

Roche explained: "When I was auditioning they didn't know who my parents were and I'd also *auditioned twice before so they obviously didn't care about that or they wouldn't have turned me down!

"I went to theatre school for two years and I learned a lot there. I'd never go off mum and dad's back because I wanted to know I could hold my own in a job like this."

He admitted that some of the cast had confessed their initial fears when they heard that he was joining the show.

"People in the cast have been really honest with me," he said. “They told me they'd been worried about me, that I might be rubbish and only got the job because of who my dad is.

"But since I've started a few have said, 'You've really proved yourself'. It's so nice to hear and it felt dead encouraging."

He added: "James Thornton, who plays John Barton, said to me, 'You're doing really well and we're very impressed'. Thank God - I was scared in case everyone thought I was rubbish!"

alan45
15-09-2010, 09:51
Coleen Nolan has admitted that she would have liked her son's Emmerdale role to be extended.

The Loose Women presenter confirmed that Jake Roche has completed filming his role as Isaac Nuttall, who joined the show as a love interest for Hannah Barton (Grace Cassidy).

"He's absolutely loving it," she told the PA. "He's on screen until October but he's finished there - I'd love them to keep him on but it was only for a short run.

"Emmerdale is my favourite soap because my son's in it.. But it was my favourite before he was in it so he's just a bonus."

She added: "They've all made him feel so fabulous. When I walked in, I was like, 'Oh it's my son's other family'. I feel like I know them."

Both Roche and Nolan have insisted that the role was earned and not won because of who his parents are.

tammyy2j
15-09-2010, 10:12
I wonder will Victoria go after him now she is back

alan45
05-10-2010, 16:03
Emmerdale star Jake Roche is from star stock. Loose Women's Coleen Nolan is his mum and EastEnders' Shane Richie is his dad.

And now the 18-year-old has revealed that thanks to his dad playing Alfie Moon opposite Kat Slater in EastEnders, he is so close to Jessie Wallace that he thinks of her as a second mum.

Jake told New magazine: "She's really lovely. At one point, she became a bit like a second mum to me - she and my dad always got on so well. She's nothing like she is on TV - she's actually quite nice and shy."

The soap star is delighted his dad has returned to Albert Square as Alfie.

He revealed: "I'm really happy for him. He says it feels like he never left."

But Jake, who plays the loveable Isaac Nuttall in Emmerdale, reveals he wouldn't be too keen on acting with his dad in EastEnders.

He said: "Much as I'd have loved working with my dad, he would have played so many tricks and gags on me. It would have been mayhem!"

Emmerdale teens Isaac and Hannah Barton have sex for the first time this weekend - and Jake hopes his character doesn't break his girlfriend's heart.

He said: "I hope not! I want Isaac to be a nice guy, but then again, he is only a teenager and he has a lot of female attention at college - so who knows!"

He could turn out a Jack-the-lad like Alfie Moon...