PDA

View Full Version : Molly to be killed Off

alan45
29-06-2010, 00:39
CORRIE adulteress Molly Dobbs is to be KILLED OFF in a major Christmas storyline, we can reveal.
The character, played by Vicky Binns, is pregnant after betraying hubby Tyrone with mechanic Kevin Webster.
And TV Biz has learned that the dramatic exit will leave Kev's wife Sally holding the baby as the couple take in the child after Molly's death.
Scriptwriters have come up with the plotline to keep viewers hooked on the love triangle, even though actress Vicky is leaving.
The soap's new executive producer Phil Collinson first revealed there would be a death on Corrie's official website.
He wrote: "I don't want to give too much away, but there's going to be a dead body on Coronation Street.
"It's going to be a death that will affect a couple of our most significant characters in a way that will hopefully be really surprising and exciting.
"It's the beginning of a story that's going to take us across the next year."
Vicky, 27, joined Coronation Street in 2005 as Molly Compton, the daughter of local baker Diggory.
The character arrived intent on revenge against her former classmate, Fiz Brown, played by Vicky's off-screen pal Jennie McAlpine, 26.
Molly married Tyrone Dobbs in January last year, but began an affair with his garage boss Kevin just months later.
The pair planned to leave their spouses on Christmas Day, but Kevin had a change of heart after Sally told him she had breast cancer.
Molly left Tyrone, then found out she was pregant weeks later.
Unsure about who was the father and facing life as a single mum, she went back to her unsuspecting husband.
Advertisement

Collinson added: "This storyline has been central to the drama of the show for a year now and I hope that the many different twists and turns we have planned will keep the fans on the edge of their seats for months to come."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3033784/Coronation-Streets-Molly-Dobbs-to-be-killed-off-in-Christmas-storyline.html#ixzz0sC5vpRkG

Perdita
29-06-2010, 12:27
Coronation Street love cheat Molly Dobbs is to be killed off at Christmas in a dramatic storyline, a report has claimed.

The shop worker, played by actress Vicky Binns, will meet her maker in the climax to her long-running love triangle plot involving husband Tyrone (Alan Halsall) and mechanic Kevin Webster (Michael Le Vell), The Sun claims.

Molly is currently pregnant and sources suggest that Kevin and wife Sally (Sally Dynevor) will end up taking in the child following her death.

Binns announced last month that she is to leave Coronation Street after five years with the soap. Speaking at the time, she promised that her current storyline would have "the explosive ending viewers are waiting for".

Meanwhile, Corrie's new series producer Phil Collinson recently praised the slow-burning nature of Molly and Kevin's storyline and vowed to keep "tantalising" the audience with more twists to come.

Hairdresser Natasha Blakeman (Rachel Leskovac) has also been tipped to be killed off later this year in a suicide storyline. Meanwhile, John Stape's old friend Colin Fishwick is another character who is expected to die following reports of a sinister plot which is to unfold later in the summer.

lizann
29-06-2010, 14:40
So the baby must be Kevin's if they take it

Perdita
29-06-2010, 14:47
Well, Ty could not cope and he has no family around once Molly goes and certainly would not want his mother to bring up the little boy

lizann
29-06-2010, 14:48
I do hope the baby is Ty's baby

Dazzle
29-06-2010, 15:18
Molly is currently pregnant and sources suggest that Kevin and wife Sally (Sally Dynevor) will end up taking in the child following her death.

I wonder if the affair has come out by then? Will Sally take in the baby knowing that it is Kevin's. That's the only realistic option really, as how could they take the baby if it is Tyrone's?

Ruffed_lemur
29-06-2010, 16:14
I wonder if the affair has come out by then? Will Sally take in the baby knowing that it is Kevin's. That's the only realistic option really, as how could they take the baby if it is Tyrone's?

I agree. Kevin and Sally would have no rights to the baby unless Kevin is the father. Shocking about Molly dying!

alan45
09-07-2010, 01:46
CORRIE grease monkey Tyrone Dobbs gets in a fight with a white van man - as he dashes to the maternity ward where wife Molly is about to give birth.

Boxed in ... Tyrone stopped in his tracks by white van man
He finds himself stranded when the furious van driver grabs the keys to Tyrone's breakdown truck - and hurls them away.
Tyrone (Alan Halsall) is distraught at the possibility of missing the baby's arrival because he has no idea the dad is almost certainly his best pal Kevin Webster.
Kev (Michael Le Vell) had a steamy affair with Molly (Vicky Binns), but ended their romance on Christmas Day after his wife Sally revealed she had breast cancer.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3047358/CORRIE-mechanicTyrone-gets-in-a-fight-as-he-dashes-to-see-wife-Molly-give-birth.html#ixzz0t8pi6exz

tammyy2j
09-07-2010, 10:07
Sounds like the baby is Kevin's

I am glad Molly is leaving and that she dies

Perdita
22-07-2010, 14:29
Corrie's Michael Le Vell has revealed that Kevin Webster and Molly Dobbs's baby will stay on the Street.

Speaking to What's On TV, the 45-year-old also claimed that his alter ego Kevin would never choose former mistress Molly (Vicky Binns) over his wife Sally (Sally Dynevor).

He said of the storyline: "He's desperate for [Molly and Tyrone] to go before the baby is born so it can be a case of 'out of sight out of mind' for him. Of course, he has to buy Tyrone out of the garage before that can happen.

"He feels he has no choice. If Sally hadn't had cancer he might be with Molly now, but there's no way back with her. And if Sally finds out about the baby she'll leave him and he'll be on his own.

"All I know is there's going to be a lot of high emotion and drama. I can't see the baby disappearing to another town. Otherwise what would have been the point of the story?"

tammyy2j
22-07-2010, 14:38
Corrie's Michael Le Vell has revealed that Kevin Webster and Molly Dobbs's baby will stay on the Street.

Speaking to What's On TV, the 45-year-old also claimed that his alter ego Kevin would never choose former mistress Molly (Vicky Binns) over his wife Sally (Sally Dynevor).

He said of the storyline: "He's desperate for [Molly and Tyrone] to go before the baby is born so it can be a case of 'out of sight out of mind' for him. Of course, he has to buy Tyrone out of the garage before that can happen.

"He feels he has no choice. If Sally hadn't had cancer he might be with Molly now, but there's no way back with her. And if Sally finds out about the baby she'll leave him and he'll be on his own.

"All I know is there's going to be a lot of high emotion and drama. I can't see the baby disappearing to another town. Otherwise what would have been the point of the story?"

So he is the daddy

Lainie
23-07-2010, 00:08
i can see tyrone being left to bring up baby and sometime in the future the baby takes ill and is taken to hosp. baby gets blood tests etc and tyrone is told child cannot be his.

just my theory

Perdita
23-07-2010, 06:12
You could be right, I am sure we will find out who the daddy is.

Perdita
09-08-2010, 13:52
Vicky Binns has admitted that she does not mind if her Coronation Street character Molly Dobbs is killed off.

It was confirmed in May that Binns will leave the ITV soap before the end of the year.

"I don't care if Molly lives or dies," she told Soaplife.

"I just want to do justice to what's been a brilliant storyline. I won't mind if the door isn't left open for me. I've done ten years of soap - five on Emmerdale as Ollie Reynolds and five on Corrie."

The actress joked that she could land a role in another soap.

"I've been Ollie and Molly - so perhaps I could be Dolly in EastEnders!" she said.

"I'd never say never. After Emmerdale I had a two-year gap where I did TV dramas and theatre. I really enjoyed it and I'd like to do some more. I'd like to do film too. It's strange thought, because I never in a million years thought I'd ever do another soap after Emmerdale."

Perdita
26-08-2010, 05:19
PROUD Tyrone Dobbs cradles baby Jack at his christening - but wife Molly hardly looks the doting mum.

And with Kevin Webster also at the service, who can blame her?

Tyrone carries Jack past his best friend unaware that the rat is almost certainly the tot's father after having a fling with Molly.

The awkward scenes air later this year.

The Sun

Perdita
17-10-2010, 07:46
Coronation Street star Alan Halsall feels "very sad" about the forthcoming departure of his screen wife Vicky Binns.

Vicky, who plays Tyrone Dobbs' adulterous wife Molly, is bowing out of the show after five years, following the exit of Tyrone's father figure Jack Duckworth (Bill Tarmey).

Alan said: "I feel very sad actually. This is how it is in Coronation Street. Characters come in. They are loved by millions and they do leave as well."

He went on: "It will be a tough time for Tyrone, he lost his father and he'll be losing his wife as well, but for me personally as an actor, I've spent five years working with Vicky, I will miss her an awful lot but I know she'll go on and do great things anyway."

Viewers have been gripped by the long-running storyline of the triangle between Molly, Tyrone and Kevin Webster (Michael Le Vell), who had an affair with Molly and may even be the father of her baby son.

Details of Molly's exit are yet to be revealed, but she has been rumoured to be one of the victims of the tram crash that marks the soap's 50th anniversary this December.

alan45
31-10-2010, 20:55
The Molly and Kevin affair has had more twists and turns than a giant twisty, turny thing.

And next week there's a massive development when we finally discover who is the real father of Molly's baby after Kevin demands a DNA test.

Viewers will just have to wait and see whether it's Molly's devoted husband Tyrone (Alan Halsall) or her former love Kevin Webster (Michael Le Vell).

But one thing's for sure - Molly is starting to see Kevin in a new light following months of bitter hatred, particularly as he is showing lots of interest in her son Jack.

So could they be set to resume their affair?

Actress Vicky Binns told Inside Soap: "It's definitely the start of her feeling differently towards Kevin.

"Perhaps it's a reawakening of her feelings for him. Maybe he does care about her and Jack and he can't just close off like he'd wanted to."

We know Molly is bowing out of the show soon, but could she have one last hurrah with Kev before she leaves? Watch this space!

alan45
01-11-2010, 16:14
Coronation Street's series producer Phil Collinson has revealed that there are more twists in store for ex-lovers Molly Dobbs and Kevin Webster.

Later this week, viewers will finally discover whether Kevin is the father of Molly's baby son Jack, who she is currently bringing up with husband Tyrone (Alan Halsall). The mystery is resolved after Kevin gets a DNA test organised in secret.

Praising the Molly and Kevin plot, Collinson told Hot TV: "It's a testament to the skills of our writers. They've had us all hooked for over a year with this storyline.

"There have been plenty of ups and downs along the way - sometimes you're rooting for Kevin and Molly, the next minute you're not."

Discussing this week's 'Who's The Daddy?' reveal, he added: "I am so excited about the truth coming out. But don't think that's the end of this story. Oh no, there are so many twists to come and I know fans are going to love it."

Vicky Binns, who plays Molly, recently admitted that her character becomes "outraged" over Kevin's behaviour in this week's episodes.

tammyy2j
01-11-2010, 16:47
Jack overhears Molly and Kevin talking about the affair and the baby's dna results. I wonder will he tell Ty?

alan45
08-11-2010, 12:44
Coronation Street's Vicky Binns has teased that the fallout relating to the identity of baby Jack's father will be "immense".

Binns's alter-ego Molly Dobbs has found out that Kevin Webster (Michael Le Vell) is the father of her son. Unbeknown to Molly and Kevin, Jack Duckworth overheard their conversation and is now aware of their affair.

Furthermore, Binns has revealed that Jack does confront her.

"Molly’s shocked to the core when Jack tells her," she told What's On TV. "Not because he might tell Tyrone but because his reaction is so beautiful. He doesn’t condemn her and instead urges her to leave Weatherfield with Tyrone and baby Jack."

It was confirmed in May that Binns is set to exit the ITV soap.

alan45
29-11-2010, 11:38
Coronation Street star Vicky Binns has admitted that her character Molly Dobbs feels "almost relieved" when she finally comes clean to husband Tyrone next week.

As the soap's 50th anniversary episodes begin next Monday, Molly tells Tyrone that she is leaving him before delivering the ultimate blow when she confesses that baby Jack is not his son.

Speaking to Soaplife about the climactic scenes, Binns explained: "She just can't pretend any more and says she's leaving him. In despair, Tyrone insists he won't let Molly out of the house. He says she can only go if she leaves Jack as he won't be parted from his son.

"That's when she drops the bombshell he's not Jack's father and that she had an affair. But she won't reveal her lover's identity."

The actress added: "She's almost relieved. The strain of that secret was really getting to her."

In a further twist, the show's tram crash disaster happens before Molly can leave the street. Binns confirmed that she and baby Jack are both in the Corner Shop when the crash takes place.

Corrie's 50th anniversary week will see seven episodes air over five days - including a special live broadcast on Thursday, December 9.

alan45
02-12-2010, 10:09
Alan Halsall has predicted that Tyrone Dobbs will carry on being a "doormat" even after he discovers his wife's infidelity in Coronation Street's 50th anniversary week.

The actor's alter ego is left heartbroken next Monday as his partner Molly announces that she is leaving him and that baby Jack is not his son, crushing his dream of a perfect family unit.

Speaking to Sky about the shock in store for Tyrone, Halsall commented: "What Tyrone wants is a stable family life. He thinks he's got that at the moment and it's all about to come crashing down and he has no idea.

"God bless him, he's not the brightest button, is he? He's the last to find out everything. He's that guy that wears his heart on his sleeve, he's always the doormat that gets walked on - and he'll probably continue to be like that even after this because that's the kind of guy he is."

Molly (Vicky Binns) walks out on Tyrone just before the devastating tram crash on the cobbles, making their storyline one of many which are to reach a climax as disaster strikes next week.

Perdita
02-12-2010, 15:06
Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell has said that his character Kevin Webster has an ace up his sleeve if his affair with Molly Dobbs ever comes to light.

As the soap's 50th anniversary week approaches, Kevin and Molly's respective partners Sally and Tyrone are still unaware of the affair that the duo had last year. However, with several storylines coming to a head next week, the secret is one of many that could be exposed amid scenes of disaster on the cobbles.

In a new interview, Le Vell explained that Kevin should bring up Sally's affair with former boss Ian Davenport if the truth does come out. The pair had a fling in 2005, but Kevin overlooked the matter in a bid to keep his family together.

Le Vell told Sky: "Kevin loves Sally. Kevin and Sally are meant to be together forever. She's had enough indiscretions he's let her off for.

"He turned a blind eye to the Ian Davenport affair, but I think that's his trump card. He's never confronted her - he's got that up his sleeve."

The actor also joked that Kevin should check into rehab and seek medical assistance following his history of infidelity.

He said: "That could be the next storyline, where he goes into some sort of clinic for his addiction. If it works for all these big Hollywood movie stars, he might plea bargain that case - if he ever gets caught!"

Dazzle
02-12-2010, 15:09
It's true that Sally will be a hypocrite to blame Kevin for the affair, but the fact that there's a baby involved does make Kevin's affair worse, unfortunately (and the fact that it was with his friend's wife).

Ruffed_lemur
02-12-2010, 16:17
Did Kevin find out about Sally's affair with Ian Davenport? I can't remember that, thought it was only Rosie who knew.

Perdita
02-12-2010, 16:21
Ian told Kevin but he chose to believe Sally's denials, if I remember correctly

alan45
02-12-2010, 17:18
It's true that Sally will be a hypocrite to blame Kevin for the affair, but the fact that there's a baby involved does make Kevin's affair worse, unfortunately (and the fact that it was with his friend's wife).

Lets not forget that she almost had an affair with John Stape as well

Dazzle
03-12-2010, 14:03
Lets not forget that she almost had an affair with John Stape as well

Lol, yeah, I forgot about that. Sally is no innocent.

Perdita
04-12-2010, 07:06
Michael Le Vell thinks his 'Coronation Street' character should go to rehab.

The actor recently saw his soap alter ego Kevin Webster secretly become a father again following an affair with Molly Dobbs (Vicky Binns) and has jokingly suggested the mechanic should claim to have a sex addiction if his wife Sally (Sally Dynevor) discovers his latest infidelity.

He told Sky: "That could be the next storyline, where he goes into some sort of clinic for his addiction. If it works for all these big Hollywood movie stars, he might plea bargain that case. if he ever gets caught."

Michael also admitted he expects Kevin and Sally will be able to work through their problems if his affair with pal Tyrone's (Alan Halsall) wife is uncovered.

He said: "Kevin loves Sally. Kevin and Sally are meant to be together forever. She's had enough indiscretions he's let her off for. He turned a blind eye to her Ian Devenport affair but I think that's his trump card. He's never confronted her - he's got that up his sleeve."

sean slater
04-12-2010, 18:35
The spoilers seem to indicate that Tyrone doesnt find out that Kevin is the father, just that he isn't. So im assuming when Molly dies, it is the aftermath of the argument and Tyrone just doesnt want to bring up this baby who isnt his. So Kevin and Sally who are the godparents of the baby take it in.

Dazzle
05-12-2010, 14:59
The spoilers seem to indicate that Tyrone doesnt find out that Kevin is the father, just that he isn't. So im assuming when Molly dies, it is the aftermath of the argument and Tyrone just doesnt want to bring up this baby who isnt his. So Kevin and Sally who are the godparents of the baby take it in.

I think the truth may come out at Christmas, from what I've read in the spoilers. I can't see Tyrone just giving the baby to Kevin and Sally because he doesn't want him any more, though stranger things have happened in soaps.

alan45
09-12-2010, 23:55
Coronation Street star Vicky Binns has spoken out about tonight's live episode for the first time.

Earlier tonight, fans saw the actress's character Molly Dobbs tragically pass away during the ITV1 soap's hour-long 50th anniversary broadcast.

In emotional scenes transmitted direct to the nation, Molly's life was lost as a rescue team failed to get her out of the Corner Shop wreckage in time following the tram crash disaster.

However, in a twist, Molly confessed her darkest secret to Sally Webster (Sally Dynevor) just before her passing - explaining that Sally's husband Kevin is the father of her baby son Jack.

Speaking of the live episode, Binns said tonight: "I can't actually remember a single thing about it. Unlike other people, I didn't have to move anywhere - but the adrenaline rush was incredible. I can't wait to watch it."

Meanwhile, Michael Le Vell - who plays Kevin - said: "I can't believe it's all over - I've been worrying about it for weeks and it was brilliant."

The special transmission was also praised by Alan Halsall, better known as Molly's husband Tyrone. He commented: "It was awesome, as corny as it may sound it was TV history and it felt amazing to be part of it. 50 years in the making, just awesome."

Coronation Street's tram crash aftermath continues tomorrow at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.