PDA

View Full Version : When Have You Cried

Bryan
12-06-2005, 16:02
Eastenders can be sad at times, when charcyters die, when characters leavem when babies are born and people marry or kiss. when have you cried at eastenders?

for me only 3 times:

ethel's death
sharon leaving on xmas day (she is my fav charcter and dent know she was to return at time)
kat and andy's wedding when she walks out of the church with alfie

bondboffin

stapler
12-06-2005, 16:05
My eyes glazed over, didn't cry lol, when Den and Dennis went head-to-head, I know it's only a show but I'm going to adopt kids when I'm older and they could have went through something like that... horrible. I'll save them!

Rach33
12-06-2005, 16:10
Shannis Christmas Day 2004
Den crucifing Dennis in the Vic 2004
Paul's emotional goodbye 2004
Ethel and her cancer
Jamie dying and Little Mo and Billy marrying
When Mel discovered Steve was dead and she sobbed in the street
Kat and Alfie two hander when he found out about Andy
Kat in the episode she slept with Andy and she begged him not to
Little Mo being sent down
Trevor's attack on Little Mo
Lisa losing baby Louise through Phil's mind games in Portugal
Dennis telling Sharon it was over the first time after Den won
Dennis confessed to murder
Kat revealing to Zoe the truth about her parentage
Sharon burying Tom
Stacey when she went to see her mum
Ruby when she discovered the truth about Tina and Johnny
Dot telling Jim she had cancer

I really cry alot I need to get out more HELP

Bryan
12-06-2005, 16:13
lol it shows how enders does real emotion

bondboffin

Rach33
12-06-2005, 16:15
It does doesn't it and it doesn't help that if I've had a rubbish day I'll cry at anything and I mean anything

Angeldelight
12-06-2005, 16:58
When Ruby was talking to Johnny about Scarlett... talking about the fire and how she felt when he saw he had saved Ruby...

Sharon's emotional goobye with Dennis... sobbed my heart out... 'forever...i mean it'

Paul's good bye to Patrick and Yolande... then saying a prayer... tears were rolling down my cheeks before he got in the cab

Den taunting Dennis in the vic then Dennis hitting Sharon... he didn't mean it... i shouting at the TV with tears pouring down my cheeks

Janine's exit... 'i din't do it' and when Pat was looking for her name on the wall
Lisa losing baby Louise through Phil's mind games in Portugal... on my god... brilliant tv... how did he live with himself

Dennis confessed murdering Jake Dalton to Sharon... 'Dennis- things falling into place for you Sharon well let's see if I can make them fall a little harder and faster Den got to come home because of what I did you got your dad back because this worthless user did a murder'

Dot telling Jim she had cancer... the look on Jim's face had me filling up... she beat it though

Steve blew up in he car... i bawled... a great exit

littlemo
12-06-2005, 17:09
Yeah I've cried loads of times watching EE, a lot of these episodes included Dennis, I think he's such an emotional character. And the way Den treated him, it was just horrible. All the stuff with Dennis hitting Sharon, being isolated from the family, it made me feel so sorry for Dennis.

I have cried when people have died, Tiffany, Jamie etc., and when somebody makes a dramatic revelation. When we found out that Dennis was abused in the children's home, it was really disturbing stuff, and there has been a lot of encounters like that. Kat being abused by uncle Harry is another good example. I wonder if Dennis will ever tell Sharon about the abuse he suffered while he was in foster care.

ShAnnIs_lOvEr
12-06-2005, 18:13
Shannis Christmas Day 2004
Paul's emotional goodbye 2004
Jamie dying and Little Mo and Billy marrying
Kat and Alfie two hander when he found out about Andy
shannis spliting up evry time!
janine being sent down
demi and leo not being able to see each other
den and dennis' big punch up in the vic
den and dennis at no. 5 when den was messin with dennis' head!
dot having cancer
dennis telling sharon about killing dalton
shaorn hearing about dens scams before he was murdered
ferrerias leaving
when dennis hit sharon!
dennis talking to dot about sharon the day after
stacey going to see her mum

and thats not even half of it, thats just off the top of my head!
i cry at the sillyest things, i burst into tears everytime i see dennis crying! how weird am i?! heehee

stapler
12-06-2005, 18:30
Yeah I've cried loads of times watching EE, a lot of these episodes included Dennis, I think he's such an emotional character. And the way Den treated him, it was just horrible. All the stuff with Dennis hitting Sharon, being isolated from the family, it made me feel so sorry for Dennis.
When we found out that Dennis was abused in the children's home, it was really disturbing stuff, and there has been a lot of encounters like that. I wonder if Dennis will ever tell Sharon about the abuse he suffered while he was in foster care.

I think they will address this again because they've only touched on it briefly, I mean we only find out parts of Dennis' past when he's at his weakest i.e that fight about who's mother was worse with Vicki, and Den mentally torturing him in the Vic. It says when he returns he's changed, happier, now he's with Sharon, perhaps she could help him get things out in the open and only then truly bury his 'demons' so to speak.

melonb
12-06-2005, 18:46
shannis christmas day!! :crying:
jamie dying
dot telling jim she had cancer! his face!!
dennis telling vicki about his abuse
end of shannis part 1
den n dennis in vic
stacey seeing her mum

also dot and jim have me crying with laughter!! :rotfl:

littlemo
12-06-2005, 19:01
I think they will address this again because they've only touched on it briefly, I mean we only find out parts of Dennis' past when he's at his weakest i.e that fight about who's mother was worse with Vicki, and Den mentally torturing him in the Vic. It says when he returns he's changed, happier, now he's with Sharon, perhaps she could help him get things out in the open and only then truly bury his 'demons' so to speak.

Yes I really do hope Dennis will share more of his past, now he has somebody who loves him and who he can trust. It doesn't help him keeping everything bottled up inside. Maybe being happier now with Sharon will enable him to talk about his feelings more. And Sharon is very good at listening to people's problems. She has done it enough times with Grant and Phil.

Grant was psychopathic at times, he had a violent temper. A lot of it was to do with his experiences in the Falklands and also the abuse he suffered at the hands of his father. I remember when Sharon and Grant were very loving in the early stages of their marraige, Sharon was always there for him with hugs and kisses, ready to talk and be there for him, even when he was hitting her. There's nothing she will walk away from unless she's pushed into a corner. I can see why Dennis loves her so much.

Rach33
12-06-2005, 19:09
They wasted the opportunity when Den was alive it would have had more of an impact if he was still alive but I would still like to see them tackle it

Toxic
12-06-2005, 19:46
Last time i cried was when Ruby & Tina talked, i think.

stapler
12-06-2005, 19:51
They wasted the opportunity when Den was alive it would have had more of an impact if he was still alive but I would still like to see them tackle it

If they went at it ('went at it' sounds so wrong lol...) when Den was still alive then he'd have been really tactless and destroyed his son all the more. I could see Den thinking it's a slant on his manhood, having a boy that's...

...such a depressing convo, but not as depressing as my French GCSE tomorrow. I'm fricked on that front :(

littlemo
12-06-2005, 20:20
If they went at it ('went at it' sounds so wrong lol...) when Den was still alive then he'd have been really tactless and destroyed his son all the more. I could see Den thinking it's a slant on his manhood, having a boy that's...

...such a depressing convo, but not as depressing as my French GCSE tomorrow. I'm fricked on that front :(

Yes Den wasn't a very nice dad. He didn't even try with Dennis, he just started off knowing he was going to hate him and carried on. Although despite his faults I do feel that even he had some sympathetic feelings towards Dennis being abused. I could see it in his face when he said all those awful comments there was something human there, he didn't show it to Dennis because he had to keep up the front. Him getting what he wanted always came first, it didn't matter how horrible he was making the other person feel.

Sharon is a lot more understanding person, she was in foster care herself, she's probably too young to remember since she was adopted when she was 3, but she still has a lot of feelings she hasn't dealt with. She never always felt secure in the family unit Den and Angie built for her, it was never a normal environment.

Dennis and Sharon are both lost souls that don't really belong anywhere, except with each other. I would like Sharon and Dennis to have a conversation about Dennis's abuse, and how he felt when he was younger. It would be good to have an episode of flashbacks to his past, it would be really interesting.

Rach33
12-06-2005, 20:35
Den wasn't nice fullstop I'll tell you what I would love to know what made Den the way he was INTERESTING

Debs
12-06-2005, 20:41
i admit i creied when alfie found out about kat and andy! and i watched eastenders revealed the other night about kat and they showed a bit of it and i creid again!!

littlemo
12-06-2005, 21:44
Den wasn't nice fullstop I'll tell you what I would love to know what made Den the way he was INTERESTING

When I was talking about interesting I mean't Dennis. I thought it was interesting to see Dennis's past in flash backs, like when he was abused in the foster home and when he was with his mother. It would be good to explore this in a conversation with Sharon. He's a great character!

I agree Den Snr was never nice to Dennis, but I remember seeing Den's face when he was saying all those horrible things about him, when all that abuse stuff came up. I could tell he didn't really want to say it, but he felt he had no choice. Which of course he did! Den seemed totally evil, but I think may have been some genuine feeling there. I just think he was uncapable of love!

Rach33
12-06-2005, 21:47
I agree about Den he was incapable of love his face dropped whe he realised Dennis had been abused but he still used it I think the onlt time he was sort of genuine to Dennis was when they were in the house and Den admitted to feeling angry about Dennis's abuse it was a mixture of truth and lies

stapler
12-06-2005, 22:00
Den's complicated, I think he didn't have a happy childhood himself. Not a sad one like Dennis' tragic case as such, just not a happy one, if that makes sense? I mean there's a fine line between being sad and being unhappy, isn't there? To me, anyway. I remember a mate I used to talk to on the old BBC boards quoted a conversation between Dot and Ethel about Den as a kid, I can't remeber it word for word but apparently his father (called Dennis, how original lol) would hit him. But they were like that in them days anyway, so it probably wasn't that much to go on.

littlemo
12-06-2005, 22:16
I agree about Den he was incapable of love his face dropped whe he realised Dennis had been abused but he still used it I think the onlt time he was sort of genuine to Dennis was when they were in the house and Den admitted to feeling angry about Dennis's abuse it was a mixture of truth and lies

I have mixed ideas about what Den was trying to accomplish during that conversation with Dennis at the house. I do think he felt genuinely upset about Dennis being abused at the foster home, like he was genuinely upset when Sharon told him she couldn't have children. But in both those cases he decided that his feelings were more important. So it can't really be love can it?! Because being a parent means being selfless, and he just doesn't have that in him.

It's very hard to come to conclusion now when Den's dead. We could have seen him turn over a new leaf, anything can happen in a soap. But I believe that Den wouldn't have been able to accept Sharon and Dennis's relationship ever! And that would have caused endless heartache.

Rach33
12-06-2005, 22:25
Den's feelings always came first you never could tell if he was telling the truth or lying I suppose that was one thing he was good at

stapler
12-06-2005, 22:25
I have mixed ideas about what Den was trying to accomplish during that conversation with Dennis at the house. I do think he felt genuinely upset about Dennis being abused at the foster home, like he was genuinely upset when Sharon told him she couldn't have children. But in both those cases he decided that his feelings were more important. So it can't really be love can it?! Because being a parent means being selfless, and he just doesn't have that in him.

It's very hard to come to conclusion now when Den's dead. We could have seen him turn over a new leaf, anything can happen in a soap. But I believe that Den wouldn't have been able to accept Sharon and Dennis's relationship ever! And that would have caused endless heartache.

I know what you mean, although he was regretting what he was doing at the time he still did it. I've always thought things could have been so different when he said 'don't walk off like this, son' having found out. I thought, being Dennis' father, he was actually going to retract his taunt, but had Dennis not accused him of being jealous of him being with Sharon because he isn't strictly related to her either then it wouldn't have provoked Den into trying to relive the experiences Dennis must've suffered as a what.. eight, ten year old kid? And then the final nail on the coffin 'Well, at least someone wanted you, more than I ever did' that made Dennis run for him... if Dennis hadn't have accussed Den of being the pervert then Den might have sympathised with Dennis earlier, Sharon wouldn't have got hit, in fact a whole lot of things never would have happened hehe... hell, Den could have learnt to except his son and Shannis given time and he'd still be alive for it.

stapler
12-06-2005, 22:28
Actually, I might just be reading a little too much into it... nothing Dennis could have said or not said, done or not done would have prevented Den from being hellbent on separating Shannis and inevitably become so twisted he'd sealed his own fate.

Rach33
12-06-2005, 22:36
Your like me wishful thinking it would have been nice for Dennis to have some love from his father but hey not gonna happen now is it

littlemo
12-06-2005, 22:36
I know what you mean, although he was regretting what he was doing at the time he still did it. I've always thought things could have been so different when he said 'don't walk off like this, son' having found out. I thought, being Dennis' father, he was actually going to retract his taunt, but had Dennis not accused him of being jealous of him being with Sharon because he isn't strictly related to her either then it wouldn't have provoked Den into trying to relive the experiences Dennis must've suffered as a what.. eight, ten year old kid? And then the final nail on the coffin 'Well, at least someone wanted you, more than I ever did' that made Dennis run for him... if Dennis hadn't have accussed Den of being the pervert then Den might have sympathised with Dennis earlier, Sharon wouldn't have got hit, in fact a whole lot of things never would have happened hehe... hell, Den could have learnt to except his son and Shannis given time and he'd still be alive for it.

God I can feel my self welling up just reading this and seeing the pictures of Dennis crying. Nigel said he based this scene on the feelings he had when his mother died. He must be quite an emotional person in real life too. He lights up the screen.

I do think that if Dennis hadn't accused Den of being a pervert, the rest of the conversation may not have turned out the way it did. But I also think that Den would never have been able to accept Dennis as his son, and have the feelings for him that he should of done.

stapler
12-06-2005, 22:38
In Parkinson! Yeah, I watched that too... Nigel was so... different. Suppsoe that highlights his good acting ability then.

stapler
12-06-2005, 22:41
Your like me wishful thinking it would have been nice for Dennis to have some love from his father but hey not gonna happen now is it

Awk, you never know dude lol. He might find family on his mother's side... Den's old mates, the grandparents. They might decide they were too harsh kicking their pregnant daughter out, awknowledge Dennis and everyone lives happily ever after ('cept Den, he can stay in his swimming pool of concrete)

littlemo
12-06-2005, 23:06
Awk, you never know dude lol. He might find family on his mother's side... Den's old mates, the grandparents. They might decide they were too harsh kicking their pregnant daughter out, awknowledge Dennis and everyone lives happily ever after ('cept Den, he can stay in his swimming pool of concrete)

Swimming pool of concrete, that's a good one!! lol. I suppose it's possible Dennis's grandparents could turn up, but I would think they'd be dead now, if not at least 80. I don't think they'd make very good characters. Although it would be nice for Sharon and Dennis to have some family around. All they've got now is Chrissie (living in the square at least), and she's just their dad's wife they've known for about a year. I think that one of Sharon's real sisters should turn up.

stapler
12-06-2005, 23:17
Aye, but they always have Dot... and Vicki and Michelle's family soon.

squarelady
12-06-2005, 23:41
I cry at 'Enders all the time! :lol: Even the little things...the last time I cried was Kat's return the night she spoke to Alfie at his.

Treacle
13-06-2005, 02:36
I don't cry quite as often as you "squarelady" but I do cry a lot at EastEnders.

The last time was when Den Watts was killed with the doorstop although admittingly this was crying through laughter but it still counts.

Carrie Bradshaw
13-06-2005, 14:45
I can't really remember exactly when I cried, but the last time I cried properly was when Sharon left at Christmas. Why does Eastenders have to be so sad then, gets me crying on Xmas Day :crying: !!

ElectricToes
13-06-2005, 15:02
Christmas Day 2004
Boxing Day 2004 I almost cried...the despair on Dennis's face!
An I almost cried at Den making Dennis cry...

Alisha
13-06-2005, 15:05
Defiantly the Den vs Dennis two hander in the Vic. Those were the only scenes on TV in the past two years that has bought be to tears. The way Den used Dennis's sexual abuse against him was wicked and cruel.

It was when Dennis's said tearfully 'I aint listening to you anymore' that stamped it for me. It takes a lot for me to cry when it comes to TV but for NH to portray that emotion so strongly and reduce me to tears says a lot for him as an actor. I really do think that’s when he stepped un the ladder in the acting department. Hats of to him and of course Leslie Grantham for putting on such a harrowing performance.

ElectricToes
13-06-2005, 15:06
It was when Dennis's said tearfully 'I aint listening to you anymore' that stamped it for me. It takes a lot for me to cry when it comes to TV but for NH to portray that emotion so strongly and reduce me to tears says a lot for him as an actor. I really do think that’s when he steeped un the ladder in the acting department. Hats of to him and of course Leslie Grantham for putting on such a harrowing performance.
I've cried at that one as well, but not first time round, just when I've watched it back, it was when he said 'I ain't listening to you anymore' for me an all I just welled up...

angelblue
13-06-2005, 15:20
Yes that bit and the bit were he had just hit sharon and dot came over and all you could see was a tear come down his face so sad :crying:

ElectricToes
13-06-2005, 15:22
That nearly made me cry too!

hannah-mj
18-06-2005, 18:03
the times i can rember ive cried (these are quite recent-ish) is when ruby went outside after finding out about tina and johnny and stacey hugged her , and on the way to the cristening of baby aleesha , when leo was following the ice cream truck xx

Katy
18-06-2005, 18:12
i think that i cried the most when tiffany died that was awful. But i generally cry alot in all soaps i even cried in grange hill.

Bryan
18-06-2005, 18:39
i think that i cried the most when tiffany died that was awful. But i generally cry alot in all soaps i even cried in grange hill.

in hindshight that must of been an emotional time

however at the time i was young and laughed when she got run over , donno why but thats the way my young mind worked

when i see it on uktv gold repeats i shed a tear

bondboffin

melanielovesdennisrickman
18-06-2005, 18:41
Hiya!!!!!
I Cried When Paul Left Last Year,When Dennis And Den Had That Fight In The Vic,When Shannis Broke Up The First Time,When Tom Died In The Fire,And When Sharon Left Last Christmas!!!!!
And I Cried With Even Loads More EastEndeRs EpiSodEs,But Can Not ReMembEr Them All,HaHa,LOL!!!!!
EastEndeRs Gets Me In Tears A Lot,HaHa,LOL!!!!!

Love
:heart: Melanie :heart:

Bryan
18-06-2005, 20:03
eastenders is filled with raw emotion

they nknow how to make us cry... kill wellard... and i'd be in tears for days

bondboffin

di marco
18-06-2005, 20:17
eastenders is filled with raw emotion

they nknow how to make us cry... kill wellard... and i'd be in tears for days

bondboffin

nooooooooo you cant kill wellard! im always crying at tv programmes and films. bit embarrassing to admit it but true, so ive prob cried a lot at ee cant exactly remember when

i_luv_dennis
19-06-2005, 08:55
sharon leaves xmas day

true.moon
19-06-2005, 08:57
um ive cried on alot of things, yes i also did cry on xmas day when they left too

Bryan
19-06-2005, 09:59
i rememeber crying when kalfie split up and he made her leave walford :crying:

bondboffin

hayzie
19-06-2005, 19:20
i cant really remmeber all of the times ive cried at eastenders but these are the main ones i can remember:

ethels death,
tiffany dying,
any time dennis has cried, bless him,
jamies death on xmas day, very emotional,
any weddings that have happened,

cant think of any more but my eyes get watery nearly every episode of EE lol

Layne
20-06-2005, 22:20
I really am quite soppy i'll cry at anything and i'll cry if i see someone else crying and that includes on the telly!, i cied watching cutting it the other week! poor allie
Anyway
Urmmmmmmmm, eastenders is pretty sad sometimes, but i think the lst time i cried was when Johnny and Rub were talking and ruby flung her arms around Johnny and then again when Johnny gave Ruby the little bit of hair!!!
i'm a bit of a softie me!!

di marco
21-06-2005, 06:12
I really am quite soppy i'll cry at anything and i'll cry if i see someone else crying and that includes on the telly!

exactly the same here!

melanielovesdennisrickman
21-06-2005, 06:27
nooooooooo you cant kill wellard! im always crying at tv programmes and films. bit embarrassing to admit it but true, so ive prob cried a lot at ee cant exactly remember when

Hiya!!!!!
Yeah,I Cry At TV Programmes And Films A Lot Too,Especially If A Person I Really Like Is Crying Or Just Sad!!!!!
I Even Cried At Happy Times in EastEndeRs,HaHa,LOL,Like ChristMAs Day 2003 When Alfie And Kat Finally Got Married And Everybody Was Dacing In The Snow,I Cried,Just Because I Was Sooooooooo Happy That They Finally Got Married,And That They Were Sooooooo Happy Together Dancing In The Snow,HaHa,LOL!!!!!

Love
:heart: Melanie :heart:

Luna
21-06-2005, 08:25
I'll cry at everything and anything i think the worst was when Jamies died couldn't stop myself and didn't even like him

Princess
21-06-2005, 10:49
I cry all the time:

When Sharon left at Christmas
When Ethel died
Kat and Alfie's Wedding
When Dennis hit Sharon
When Kat left
When Barry died
When Kat nearly died in hospital
When Tom died and Sharon was heartbroken
When Mark died
When Paul was saying goodbye to Patrick
When Trevor attacked Mo

Bryan
21-06-2005, 12:17
i will be crying at:

alfie's leaving
shannis propsal
shannis wedding
shannis baby
shannis splitting up (if it ever happens agen! hope not!)

bondboffin

di marco
21-06-2005, 15:14
i will be crying at:

alfie's leaving
shannis propsal
shannis wedding
shannis baby
shannis splitting up (if it ever happens agen! hope not!)

bondboffin

basically anything shannis related lol!

Bryan
21-06-2005, 15:15
basically anything shannis related lol!

just abouts yeah lol

oh and when dot dies i will sob my heart out!

bondboffin

Luna
21-06-2005, 15:19
Dot will never die she will live on forever

Bryan
21-06-2005, 15:22
Dot will never die she will live on forever

we hope...but no-one lasts forever... i thought that about ethel and wel...

dont die dot!!!! please

bondboffin