PDA

View Full Version : Nick Pickard to quit 'Hollyoaks'?

tammyy2j
20-06-2010, 17:17
Hollyoaks actor Nick Pickard is reportedly considering quitting the show.

Pickard, who plays Tony Hutchinson in the soap, is said to be unhappy about the treatment of his brother and co-star John, who plays Dominic Reilly. John is rumoured to have been axed from the show and only discovered when his name was missing from the filming schedule.

A source told the Daily Star Sunday: "Nick was disgusted at the way his brother was treated. John’s been in the show five years and had no idea they were planning to axe him.

"The way he found out from a crew member was terrible. When Nick was told about it he was fuming. He’s not at all happy.

"A lot of people have left or are going and the ratings are the lowest they’ve ever been in the show’s history. The way his brother was treated was the final straw. He’s now seriously thinking about leaving the show."

A Hollyoaks spokesperson told Digital Spy: "It is not our policy to comment on artists' contracts, however we can confirm that John has recently shot the new Hollyoaks titles which are due to transmit on 5th July to coincide with new producer Paul Marquess's first episodes

Perdita
02-06-2012, 14:59
Former Hollyoaks star John Pickard has revealed that he would like a role on EastEnders.

The actor, who played Dominic Reilly on the Channel 4 soap for five years until 2010, said that he would not return but "wouldn't object" to a stint on Albert Square.

Pickard told Inside Soap: "You've got to move forward with your life - you wouldn't go back to an ex-girlfriend, would you?

"I wouldn't object to a part in EastEnders, though. I was in it years ago as a character called Kevin, who was Robbie Jackson's pal, so that would be good fun to revisit.

"But I have to be honest, the thing I miss most about Hollyoaks is the money!"

Pickard, whose brother Nick Pickard plays Tony Hutchinson on the soap, added that he was bored of his storylines by the time he left.

"At the time I was sad about going. But it was a blessing, to be honest," he said.

"When you get to the point where you're seeing the same scripts coming out just slightly rehashed for your character, you really know it's time to move on."

Pickard, 34, will make a guest appearance in Casualty this week.