PDA

View Full Version : Steph Dean - Carly Stenson

stacyefc
11-02-2006, 13:40
i read on the neighbours website that steph and max split up. It said ' max accepts it marriage is over' . Does anyone know why?

Bree
11-02-2006, 13:45
awww i dont want them to split up :( they make a fab couple

Jojo
11-02-2006, 13:58
I think I read on here that she is committed so it could be to do with that

Angeltigger
11-02-2006, 14:20
aww that would be sad- they are good together

LostVoodoo
11-02-2006, 15:09
I think I read on here that she is committed so it could be to do with that
committed for what?! that's a bit random...

neroc
12-02-2006, 12:43
It could be something to do with Steph's cancer returning and choosing the baby's life over hers

melmarshall858
12-02-2006, 13:39
when the cancer is diagnosed steph refuses treatment till the baby is born fearing she will die stu and max take matters out of her hands and after she wonders off with oscar without telling anyone leading everyone in ramsay street to think he has been kidnapped so they get her committed and to have a psyciatrist analyse her to see if she is mentally sound. she leaves max not believing that he would do this to her. steph is let out after a few days but wont forgive max so he tries to accept life without her

feelingyellow
12-02-2006, 13:54
Aww! Her and Max make such a good couple and they have to ruin it! :( I hope they get back together!

melmarshall858
12-02-2006, 14:13
Aww! Her and Max make such a good couple and they have to ruin it! :( I hope they get back together!

i think - well hop ethat they will be reunited befoer the birth of their baby or maybe at the birth the writers have worked too hard getting them together and to have their baby to ruin it all now surely

willsmummy
12-02-2006, 17:12
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! It can't happen!

harmaniac
12-02-2006, 17:41
both the actors involved and the writers know how much people like steph and max together and that they still manage to have good storylines even if they arent always that dramatic. neighbours is generally quite light/feel-good and so i think that they will bring them back together, because unlike so many other soaps, i think neighbours does really view many things quite positively and is happy having a solid couple on the street.

neroc
12-02-2006, 17:43
I hope they do stay together. They have been through so much together it would be a shame for the writers to make them split and not get back together

melmarshall858
12-02-2006, 19:13
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! It can't happen!

afraid it does sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Saye2213
20-02-2006, 15:25
This is so unfair!!!!!!!!!!! Why? Why? Why? They are really good together. If they don't get back together, then i will stop watching Neighbours. I think this is like Karl and Susan, how long have they been promising us that they will get back together? So unfair. End of rant!

Jojo
20-02-2006, 15:28
when the cancer is diagnosed steph refuses treatment till the baby is born fearing she will die stu and max take matters out of her hands and after she wonders off with oscar without telling anyone leading everyone in ramsay street to think he has been kidnapped so they get her committed and to have a psyciatrist analyse her to see if she is mentally sound. she leaves max not believing that he would do this to her. steph is let out after a few days but wont forgive max so he tries to accept life without herThanks melmarshall for confirming what i had previously stated - sorry lostvoodoo, it wasn't a random post - i had read that she was going to be committed and melmarshall has kindly confirmed that for me :D

Katy
20-02-2006, 15:28
i always thought they were so good together. Steph and Max are my favourite characters. Its such a shame.

melmarshall858
20-02-2006, 15:48
This is so unfair!!!!!!!!!!! Why? Why? Why? They are really good together. If they don't get back together, then i will stop watching Neighbours. I think this is like Karl and Susan, how long have they been promising us that they will get back together? So unfair. End of rant!

fear not they resolved all their differences in todays episode in austrailia although it does look like there are lots of troubles ahead for them it seems they are facing them together from now on :cheer:

samantha nixon
20-02-2006, 16:45
ah they arent apart for too long then thats good as they are a great couple

melmarshall858
20-02-2006, 16:57
no they are apart for all of 2 weeks before todays episode where she declared that she cant live without him - although he has got to leave as he hears that summer is ill and he goes to see her just as steph collapses and cant reach max

samantha nixon
20-02-2006, 17:02
ah poor summer she should come back and poor steph

feelingyellow
20-02-2006, 18:20
Yay! Two weeks is too long for those pair, but at least they get back together! :) Though poor Summer, it will be weird to see her again.

samantha nixon
20-02-2006, 18:23
we dont actually see her do we i thought max just went to see her

feelingyellow
20-02-2006, 18:28
we dont actually see her do we i thought max just went to see her

Oh right lol, what a shame I sort of liked her :(

i_love_matt!
20-02-2006, 18:36
why do they have to do this? cant anyone in soapland ever stay happy?

samantha nixon
20-02-2006, 20:49
Oh right lol, what a shame I sort of liked her :(

i like her aswell but the actress wants to go to school properly now i know what id rather do act or school hard choice

Jessie Wallace
20-02-2006, 22:31
Yes we do actually see her. Marissa is in about 5 episodes altogether.

Emmak2005
20-02-2006, 22:33
I think I read on here that she is committed so it could be to do with that Maybe you mean she is sectioned or something. Being committed (unless that remeans relationshipwise) just doesn't make sense in my mind. :searchme:

stacyefc
20-02-2006, 22:34
when does summer come back permantly

Jessie Wallace
20-02-2006, 22:38
Maybe you mean she is sectioned or something. Being committed (unless that remeans relationshipwise) just doesn't make sense in my mind. :searchme:

Being comminted is the same thing as being sectioned. It depends on what part of the world you come from as to how you would say it.

Jessie Wallace
20-02-2006, 22:40
when does summer come back permantly

She doesn't, she left to go and do her studies, as she felt that was more important. But she has agreed to come back every now and again, to make her storyline more believeable.

Jojo
20-02-2006, 23:25
Being comminted is the same thing as being sectioned. It depends on what part of the world you come from as to how you would say it.Thanks Dawn - in my neck of the woods, being sectioned is known as being committed, so hence why i posted it in that way. But i wasnt wrong either...

JustJodi
21-02-2006, 00:47
Here is a few definations of the two words mentioned below:

COMMITTED:

VERB:
com·mit·ted , com·mit·ting , com·mits
VERB:
tr.

To do, perform, or perpetrate: commit a murder.
To put in trust or charge; entrust: commit oneself to the care of a doctor; commit responsibilities to an assistant.
To place officially in confinement or custody, as in a mental health facility.
To consign for future use or reference or for preservation: commit the secret code to memory.
To put into a place to be kept safe or to be disposed of.
<LI type=a>To make known the views of (oneself) on an issue: I never commit myself on such issues.
To bind or obligate, as by a pledge: They were committed to follow orders.

To refer (a legislative bill, for example) to a committee.
SECTION:
NOUN:

One of several components; a piece.
A subdivision of a written work.
Law A division of a statute or code.
A distinct portion of a newspaper: the sports section.
A distinct area of a town, county, or country: a residential section.
A land unit equal to one square mile (2.59 square kilometers), 640 acres, or 1/36 of a township.
The act or process of separating or cutting, especially the surgical cutting or dividing of tissue.
A thin slice, as of tissue, suitable for microscopic examination.
A segment of a fruit, especially a citrus fruit.
Representation of a solid object as it would appear if cut by an intersecting plane, so that the internal structure is displayed.
Music A group of instruments or voices in the same class considered as a division of a band, orchestra, or choir: the rhythm section; the woodwind section.
A class or discussion group of students taking the same course: She taught three sections of English composition.
<LI type=a>A portion of railroad track maintained by a single crew.
An area in a train's sleeping car containing an upper and lower berth.

An army tactical unit smaller than a platoon and larger than a squad.
A unit of vessels or aircraft within a division of armed forces.
One of two or more vehicles, such as a bus or train, given the same route and schedule, often used to carry extra passengers.

The character (§) used in printing to mark the beginning of a section.
This character used as the fourth in a series of reference marks for footnotes.

TRANSITIVE VERB:
sec·tioned , sec·tion·ing , sec·tions

To separate or divide into parts.
To cut or divide (tissue) surgically.
To shade or crosshatch (part of a drawing) to indicate sections.

Siobhan
21-02-2006, 09:38
closing for the following reason

This was already answered by melmarshall, therefore the statement being true and
already answered, no need for it to be brought up again

livergirl24
07-04-2006, 10:23
hi does any1 know if steph dies in the end ?

~*~Leanne~*~
07-04-2006, 10:48
i hope not i like steph and her and max should be happy together and she is still in the show that is being screened in oz at the moment

livergirl24
07-04-2006, 10:53
same here i dont want her to die she has gone through so much but i didnt want her and max to split up either

bridgekelly2004
07-04-2006, 11:57
No she doesn't die. I think her and Max get back together

RealityGap
07-04-2006, 12:28
good to hear that she survives all this - hopefully they will get back together they do make a good pair

eastenders mad
07-04-2006, 18:12
i can't believe she surives two cancer.

livergirl24
07-04-2006, 18:22
i know poor steph i understand why max done what he done but in another way i dont i feel for both of them they so deserve a happy ending together with baby all healthy but this is soap life were on about lol :heart:

Crazy Gal 88
07-04-2006, 21:18
yeh i think she gets over it and gets back with max!!!

Becksfanz
07-04-2006, 22:58
yes i heard that max and steph get together again and have healthy baby.

tammyy2j
14-11-2006, 17:27
Anyone know what happens with these two and why Max leaves? I seen stuff on Toadie and Steph getting together.

Jessie Wallace
14-11-2006, 19:16
Anyone know what happens with these two and why Max leaves? I seen stuff on Toadie and Steph getting together.

If you read all the australian spoilers on here you will find out huni, it's all there.

tammyy2j
15-06-2010, 14:56
Long-standing Hollyoaks actress Carley Stenson has quit the soap after nearly a decade on screen to pursue a career in musical theatre, it has been confirmed.

The 27-year-old, who has played fame-hungry Steph Cunningham in the Channel 4 teen serial since March 2000, will bow out of the programme in dramatic style towards the end of the year.

With Steph having just received the devastating news that she has cervical caner, details pertaining to her exit story remain tightly under wraps.

It is therefore uncertain whether she will be given the 'all-clear', whether she will lose her battle with the life-threatening disease or whether she will bow out as part of a totally different storyline.

Speaking of her decision to leave, Stenson said: "Leaving Hollyoaks is one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made. It has been my dream job for ten years and I shall miss all of the fantastic friends I have made in the cast and crew."

She added: "I am very sad to leave but I'm ready for new challenges and I'm looking forward to pursuing a career in musical theatre."

Producer Paul Marquess commented: "We are very proud of the cervical cancer story-line and Hollyoaks' ability to bring a sweet and humorous tone to such a tragic story.

"Viewers can look forward to the return of 'Stephanie De La Dean' as Steph revisits her desire for fame and stardom in a bid to cope with her illness. We also hope that the message of early detection for cervical cancer reaches our young audience. "

He went on: "We are obviously very sad to see Steph go - she has been a much-loved character on the show for a decade, but we wish Carley all the best for a very bright and successful career."

Over the years, Stenson's character has been involved in a number of the show's big storylines, including being diagnosed with epilepsy, the death of her husband Max on their wedding day and Niall Rafferty's psychotic revenge.

Katy
15-06-2010, 23:19
aww ill be sad to see steph go i really like her character, and i like Carley as well.

moonstorm
16-06-2010, 08:26
What a shame, I liked Steph!

lizann
16-06-2010, 13:13
Is Tom leaving as well if she dies he is cursed

moonstorm
16-06-2010, 13:44
Oh I never thought, if Steph goes there will be no reason to keep Tom.

lizann
23-07-2010, 15:57
Steph cancer comes back and this time its spread that dont sound good for her :(

Perdita
02-08-2010, 13:06
Carley Stenson has remained secretive over her forthcoming on-screen departure from Hollyoaks.

The 27-year-old actress revealed that she is "happy" with the ending for her alter ego Steph Cunningham.

She told What's On TV: "You know, I can't tell you how it all ends. I didn't really have any input as to what will happen. But let's just say I'm happy with it..."

Meanwhile, on the subject of Steph's talent show dreams, she explained: "She's convinced she'll soon be a platinum-selling artist headlining the Brits. She ropes Tom into appearing on stage with her. As an orphan he'll lend weight to her cancer sob story.

"Deep down she knows she's not a fantastic singer, but she thought the judges would feel sorry for her and put her through."

Chloe O'brien
07-08-2010, 00:40
I'll miss Steph she has come a long way from being the little slapper school girl she was when she first appeared in Hollyoaks. Carly is a talented young woman who will go far.

tammyy2j
23-08-2010, 16:23
She finds out soon that her cancer is terminal

Perdita
28-08-2010, 06:16
Hollyoaks star Carley Stenson has secured her debut West End role.

Holy Soap reports that the actress will join the cast of Legally Blonde: The Musical as Margot. In June, it was announced that she would leave the Channel 4 soap after almost ten years playing Steph Cunningham.

When she confirmed her decision to leave Hollyoaks, Stenson highlighted musical theatre as being where her interests lay.

"I'm ready for new challenges and I'm looking forward to pursuing a career in musical theatre," she said at the time.

Denise Van Outen will also join the show's cast as beautician Paulette.

Stenson will make her debut appearance on October 25 at the Savoy Theatre.

Perdita
30-08-2010, 06:22
Steph Cunningham cancels her wedding to Gilly Roach during her cancer battle.

The wannabe actress - who has been played by actress Carly Stenson since 2000 - calls off her upcoming nuptials to her fiance Gilly, when he refuses to believe her cervical cancer is terminal.

Actor Anthony Quinlan, who plays Gilly, revealed: "His denial is not helping her. She's tying to take this in her stride and wants to spend quality time with the people she loves before she goes. She tells him he has to accept she's going to die or the wedding is off. and she hands back her engagement ring."

The hapless handyman even refuses to tell his best friend Rhys Ashworth (Andrew Moss) what is happening to Steph, as he tries to come to terms with her illness.

He said: "Gilly's heartbroken the wedding's off and Rhys tries to find out what's wrong but Gilly won't share.

"Rhys is shocked to find out she's dying and has called off the wedding. But then he shocks her by saying if she can't see things from Gilly's point of view then maybe it's just as well. He knows Steph still loves Gilly and tells her she shouldn't waste any more of the time they have left together."

Perdita
28-09-2010, 22:57
Carley Stenson has said that she is trying "to hold back the tears" over her Hollyoaks exit.

The actress, who has played Steph Dean in the Chester-based soap since 2000, recently completed filming her last appearances after announcing her decision to quit earlier this year.

Her departure will see the climax of a storyline which sees Steph struggle with terminal cervical cancer.

Stenson told PA: "My final scenes were really sad and emotional. I've said to everyone as soon as I let the flood gates open there's no stopping me so I've tried to hold back the tears as much as I can. It will hit me in a few months' time."

Following her Hollyoaks departure, Stenson is due to take up the role of Margot in Legally Blonde: The Musical in London's West End.

The 28-year-old has already begun rehearsing with the cast, and said: "It's been really fun. Everyone's lovely. It's intense and I'm learning a lot so quickly."

Perdita
27-10-2010, 15:25
Carley Stenson has admitted that she is looking forward to regaining her privacy as she makes the move from Hollyoaks to the West End.

The actress filmed her final scenes as Steph Cunningham on the Channel 4 soap earlier this year, and she has since landed a role in a production of Legally Blonde: The Musical at the Savoy Theatre.

Speaking to Soaplife, Stenson explained: "I've not had such a high-profile as most of the cast up until the past year. It made me sit up and think, 'Is this what I really want?'

"I do prefer my privacy. I like to control what is written about me and I've realised that I can't."

Asked if this was the main motive behind her career move, she replied: "It's not the only reason, but it helps because you don't see a lot of press coverage of West End actors and that's nice for me."

Stenson announced her decision to leave Hollyoaks back in June.

alan45
18-12-2011, 14:43
Former Hollyoaks star Carley Stenson has admitted that she would consider another return to the soap.

The actress, who reprises her role as Steph Roach in a one-off Boxing Day special, said that the cast of the Channel 4 soap is like family to her.

"Never say never, I think. I always said when I chose to leave, before I knew how I was going to leave, that I would come back," she told MSN.

"I love it there - it's like my second home. It's around the corner from my actual home and my family.

"I love my character but I couldn't tell anyone that I was going back because I didn't want to ruin the surprise. In the future, maybe another year down the line, Steph may come back. It depends on what I'm doing as well!"

Steph was killed off in a fire last December and Stenson is currently starring in the West End production of Legally Blonde.

lizann
21-06-2021, 00:36
Danny Mac and wife former co star Carley Stenson welcomed a baby girl named Skye Bella