PDA

View Full Version : Wild at Heart to return for 6th Series

alan45
15-06-2010, 11:42
Wild At Heart recommissioned for sixth series

Following a hugely successful fifth series Stephen Tompkinson and Dawn Steele are returning to South Africa to film 10 more episodes of WILD AT HEART.

ITV's popular Sunday night drama averaged an audience of seven million earlier this year. The sixth series will be back in production this summer and this time there is even more excitement and adventure in store for Danny and Alice Trevanion and their family.

In the first episode we catch up with newly weds Danny and Alice on honeymoon in the UK, where they meet someone from Danny’s past who has a secret which threatens to explode the family.

Returning home to the wilds of South Africa, Danny is distraught when the lions of Leopard’s Den start dying of a mystery illness. Can he save the pride and ensure the future of the lion population at Leopard’s Den?

Meanwhile Alice finds herself questioning her role at Leopard's Den after her confidence as a wildlife vet is shaken while on duty. Did their recent trip to London make her realise what she is missing back home?

Du Plessis (Deon Stewardson) has his work cut out helping Danny when the future of Leopard's Den is jeopardised by outsiders. But his typically direct manner comes between him and his wife Caroline and the family face a difficult choice that threatens to tear them apart.

This series Caroline (Hayley Mills) is finding it increasingly tough to keep her granddaughter under control and we’ll discover that although Olivia (Olivia Scott-Taylor) has thrown herself into family life she seems to have given up on her school work. Could this be connected to the return of a certain young offender from series five?

An astounding array of animals will join the cast once again and in the new series Danny faces his biggest challenge yet when he is appointed State Vet and has to deal with an array of fresh dangers and conflicts.

Katy
15-06-2010, 12:48
how are they still churning this out! the first series was bad and then it juist got worse.

Perdita
15-06-2010, 13:49
I was under the impression that they had scrapped further series because of the costs to produce the show :hmm:

alan45
15-06-2010, 14:47
how are they still churning this out! the first series was bad and then it juist got worse.

Awww its not that bad. Good easy watching for a Sunday evenong. You dont even need your brain in gear to watch it

ajay10
15-06-2010, 16:16
I'm surprised they've recomissioned it when the costs to make it must be quite high in comparison to other dramas.

Katy
15-06-2010, 23:18
i must be honest as i havent watch since amanda holden was in it, and i wasnt a fan, i can see where your coming from with it being proper sunday night tv which i love, but for me its no where the heart is! i prefer Yorkshire over SA!

moonstorm
16-06-2010, 10:38
Tried to get into this but found it very boring.

Abbie
23-06-2010, 21:24
I think its done all it can now, I woudlnt bother if I was them

Perdita
06-07-2010, 12:41
Stephen Tompkinson has admitted that he is looking forward to filming the new series of Wild At Heart.

The actor, who plays Danny, explained that he often misses the animals on the show.

"I find myself dreaming about the animals when I'm back in England," he told What's On TV. "They have a big effect on me and I do miss them.

"I can't have pets because I'm away filming a lot so it wouldn't really be fair on them, and I haven't got the ceiling room for a giraffe, unfortunately. I'm working on it though."

Tompkinson also claimed that Wild At Heart has got better with each new series.

"I'm excited about filming again," he said. "It's a series that's gone from strength to strength since it started and we've really hit our stride in the last two years."

Abbie
06-07-2010, 17:24
I dont see what else they can do, but thats just me

Perdita
14-08-2010, 09:37
ITV has confirmed that Warren Clarke has joined the cast of Wild At Heart, as production on the sixth series got under way this week.

Stephen Tompkinson and Dawn Steele will return for ten new episodes of the South Africa-based drama, which will begin its new run with the couple on honeymoon in London.

However, with the trip cut short, Tompkinson's Danny Travanion is reunited with his estranged father - played by Clarke - who then travels back to meet the extended family in Leopard's den.

Speaking of the former Dalziel and Pascoe star's casting, Tompkinson said in a statement: "I first worked with Warren on The Manageress in 1988; he was the club chairman and I was a footballer - and now I very much look forward to showing him Africa!"

Danny's new wife Alice (Steele) has been unsettled by the London trip and she, along with daughter Charlotte, realise throughout the series just how much they miss life in the UK.

Also confirmed to return to the show are Du Plessis (Deon Stewardson), his wife Caroline (Hayley Mills) and granddaughter Olivia (Olivia Scott-Taylor).

The series is expected to air early next year.

Perdita
10-11-2010, 08:01
WILD At Heart's star giraffe has died — after being struck by lightning.

The cast and crew of the ITV drama are said to be heartbroken following the sudden death of "playful and charming" Hamley.

The seven-year-old has been an on-screen favourite for five years.

A thunderstorm killed Hamley yesterday on the Glen Afric reserve in South Africa, where the drama, which stars Stephen Tompkinson and Dawn Steele as newlyweds Danny and Alice Trevanion, is filmed.

The cast did not witness the tragedy, as they were away from the reserve filming a scene for the sixth series of the show.

Producer Nick Goding said: "We are all desperately upset about the passing of Hamley, who has been part of the Wild At Heart family for five years.

"It was a natural disaster, but nevertheless heartbreaking for everyone who has been involved with him - he was a real character.

"Our wildlife is very much at the heart of the series - Hamley was a gentle, playful and charming animal. He will be greatly missed by everybody."

Hamley had already filmed scenes, including frightening an environmental agency visitor up a tree, for the next series.

A spokeswoman for the drama said of the scene: "You can't teach wild animals how to act. But Hamley walked up to the tree afterwards where the actor was and started to lick his face.

"That will stay in (the series). That was just one of his many extraordinary facets, that as a wild animal he had this natural aptitude to do what you wished for."

Scottish actress Dawn said she was "so sad" about the death.

She added: "Hamley was a huge part of the show. We still all cannot believe that he will not be wandering around set, trying to get into the make-up truck or trying to get into every scene he could.

"I cannot express how he will be missed on Wild At Heart - he was like another actor - only taller!

"He touched everyone's lives on this set. I am only glad in his short life he touched so many people and left so many memories. It will not, and is not, the same without him."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3219356/TV-giraffe-struck-dead-by-lightning.html#ixzz14rekLAK6

Awwww :(

alan45
16-12-2010, 10:28
9th January 2011 at 8-30pm

The sixth series of the hugely popular Wild At Heart, filmed against the dramatic backdrop of South Africa, returns for the New Year on ITV1. With ten new episodes, the much loved characters and exciting wildlife face many adventures at Leopard’s Den.

Episode 1

A bright blue sky but it’s not South Africa it is London! Alice and Danny are on honeymoon. Alice discovers that Danny has some final business to do before they can return home to Africa. He’s reluctantly arranged to meet his estranged father, Robert, who has recently got back in touch (having been absent from Danny’s life since he left Danny’s mother twenty years ago). Danny is still hostile towards his father so Alice decides to try and improve their relationship by inviting him back to Leopard’s Den, much to Danny’s chagrin.

Danny, Alice and Robert return home to South Africa to discover the Leopard’s Den lions have fallen victim to a mystery virus which is wiping out the pride. Danny desperately tries to save them.

Alice’s plan to reconcile Danny and Robert seems to be backfiring – Danny clearly doesn’t want his father around.

Danny discovers that his step-daughter Olivia has been seeing her ex-boyfriend Thabo in secret, and that Thabo needs a job or will have to go back to prison.

Despite all Danny’s efforts he is unable to save the lions and has to euthanise the remainder of the pride. This finally brings about a reconciliation between Danny and Robert, and Danny suggests that Robert come to live with them at Leopard’s Den.

alan45
11-01-2011, 10:29
Episode 2 16th January

Danny is throwing himself into his work after the death of his father, and has applied for the role of State Vet. However, Danny’s attempts to involve Thabo in the first phase of the Lion Breeding Project lead to Du Plessis feeling like an outsider in his own home.

A young geologist, Jonas arrives to map the local area including Leopard’s Den. Petrified of animals, Jonas falls foul to Du Plessis’s bad mood when (convinced Jonas is prospecting for gold or oil) Du Plessis leaves him stranded in the bush. Danny is livid with Du Plessis, pointing out that keeping Jonas happy might also help Danny get the job of State Vet.

When Du Plessis is indirectly responsible for a baboon biting Alice on the hand, he takes it as affirmation that he’s no longer needed at Leopard’s Den. However when the baboon returns to wreak havoc on the animal hospital and hurts a lion cub, injured Alice has to turn to Du Plessis for help. With Danny away at his interview, Alice has to show Du Plessis how to operate and in doing so, he realises he might not be so useless after all.

With the lionesses accustomed to the new males that Danny has brought in, it’s time to release the new pride of lions onto Leopard’s Den land.

Episode 3 23rd January

It is Danny’s first day as State Vet and when he helps rescue some smuggled animals he feels he’s making a difference. However, he discovers the role isn’t going to be all plain sailing when it looks like one of the sick animals, a cheetah is going to be put down because there are no rehabilitation centres in the province. Rather than let that happen Danny brings her back to Leopard’s Den for treatment. Danny is horrified to discover that his neighbour Vanessa was going to buy the cheetah illegally, even though she insists she didn’t know it was smuggled. Against Alice’s advice, Danny decides to fine Vanessa – friend or not he has to be impartial, even though she’s struggling to keep Mara afloat.

Thabo is settling into Leopard’s Den life well – he and Du Plessis are forging a strong friendship and his relationship with Olivia is flourishing. However, the arrival of his delinquent older brother, Lungile, could threaten everything Thabo has worked for.