PDA

View Full Version : school bully's

Aunt Sally
12-06-2005, 10:46
Hi, I have a problem and I’m not sure what to do, I don’t want to tell my teacher ‘cos that will make things worse for me.

There are a group of lads at my school who are in my year who pick on me, they push me about, make me give them my lunch money, like a payment for them leaving me alone that day, and generally wont leave me alone, I have tried sticking up to them- by answering back to show I’m not scared but that just makes things worse for me. And I am scared, I hate going to school and make my self ill so I don’t have to go, although I think my mum is starting to think something is wrong. I cant tell a teacher, cos they will know its me who told and it will just make things worse.

I don’t know what to do, I have no real friends who will stick up for me or big brother who will sort them out.

First thing I would do is to tell a adult, parent or close family friend. In the main teachers are trained to deal with these types of situations and would be the best person to see. They will only act if you say so. If not your tutor then maybe your head of year could help??

Is there a programme in your school to deal with bullying or a buddy scheme, if no such help is available could you ask to start one. There are probably others in a similar situation to yourself.

Ask a teacher if they could watch out for you so they can catch the bully’s in the act, then they wont know you've told on them?

Keep a diary of events (to show a teacher if you decide to get help in that way).

Take a martial arts course (in extreme circumstances only, this may lead to you becoming a bully or getting arrested) or self defence course, this could make you feel more confident about yourself. But its important that you don’t go looking for trouble with your new found abilities, use with caution.

Should you have any further problems or would like some contact numbers for organisations, such as Childline (http://www.childline.org.uk/Bullying.asp), let me know

Aunt Sally

nicole28
05-02-2006, 15:38
You should just tell your teacher! It may be hard to do but you are also helping other people that they may be bullying! You can't let this go on!

alkalinetrio
16-02-2006, 19:39
i hate bullies! if i see someone getting bullied i stick right in there and help them out!

nicole28
16-02-2006, 20:03
Yes, me too! I hate bullies, I think that they are just jealous of that person or not happy with their own lives.

Siobhan
17-02-2006, 11:26
I would also suggest you talk to other kids, if they are bulling you the chances are that they are bullying others. If a few of you tell the teacher or an adult then it can't just come back to you. Stand together and be stronger

samantha nixon
17-02-2006, 21:52
could you not talk to someone and get someone to talk to a teacher with you as you might be feel more confident if someone is there with you
hope everything works out for you