PDA

View Full Version : X-Men: First Class

tammyy2j
28-05-2010, 11:24
Scottish actor James McAvoy (Wanted, Atonement) is pairing up with British director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake, Kick-Ass) for the next iteration in the X-Men franchise for Twentieth Century Fox. McAvoy has closed his deal to star as Charles Xavier in X-Men: First Class, the film that chronicles the younger years of Xavier and Erik Lensherr before they became archenemies Professor X (Patrick Stewart) and Magneto (Ian McKellan).

X-Men: First Class centers on the two young men when they first discovered their powers. At first the two are the closest of friends, working together to stop a huge global threat, but Xavier and Lensherr then become enemies, leading to an eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.

Fox is expected to announce the actor who will play Lensherr shortly. No word yet on whether Hugh Jackman will reprise his role as Wolverine. Bryan Singer, director of both the original X-Men and its sequel X2 will produce along with Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg. Production is set to begin this summer in London. Fox has set June 3, 2011 for its release.

Siobhan
28-05-2010, 11:35
This is the one X men series I would love to see the most

lizann
28-05-2010, 22:22
I wonder who will play a younger Magneto

tammyy2j
09-06-2010, 17:16
Ex-Bond girl Rosamund Pike is in the running to play Emma Frost in X-Men: First Class, according to Forces Of Geek.

The British actress, whose credits include Pride & Prejudice and An Education, "has tested and very possibly [been] cast" in Matthew Vaughn's prequel to the X-Men series.

Pike was recently spotted at X-Men casting director Lucinda Syson's office with an Emma Frost comic book. The character first appeared in an issue of Marvel's Uncanny X-Men in 1980 and is a mutant telepath known for her revealing white outfit.

Tahyna Tozzi appeared as Frost in last year's X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

James McAvoy is confirmed to star in X-Men: First Class as a young Charles Xavier, while Michael Fassbender, Aaron Johnson and Frank Dillane have been rumoured for the superhero project.

tammyy2j
18-06-2010, 13:42
James McAvoy has found his nemesis. Twentieth Century Fox is in negotiations with German-Irish actor Michael Fassbender for the role of Erik Lensherr, the man who becomes Magneto in the X-Men origin story X-Men: First Class. Fassbender, who most recently appeared in Quentin Tarantino’s Inglorious Basterds, has been a hot commodity of late: Rumor has it he was considered for the villain role in the reboot of Columbia Picture’s Spider-Man. Fassbender appeared in Spielberg’s Band of Brothers and garnered a lot of attention for his role in last year’s indie Fish Tank as well as his role as Lt. Archie Hicox in Basterds. He’ll show up this weekend in the Warner Bros. flick Jonah Hex.

First Class will be helmed by director Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass). The film will depict the early years of the relationship between Charles Xavier and Lensherr, two young mutants who are first discovering their powers. The two are the closest of friends at first, working together to stop a huge global threat. They later become enemies, leading to an eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.

Production is set to begin this summer in London. X-Men: First Class is scheduled for release on June 3, 2011.

tammyy2j
18-06-2010, 15:22
Benjamin Walker has been offered the role of Beast in X-Men: First Class, according to Showbiz 411.

Walker, the star of New York stage show Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, is circling the role of Henry Philip McCoy, a scientist who possesses superhuman strength and a blue, cat-like appearance.

tammyy2j
09-07-2010, 12:39
Nicholas Hoult has joined the cast of prequel X-Men: First Class, Coming Soon has confirmed.

Hoult, the former Skins and A Single Man star, will play Beast, a scientist who possesses superhuman strength and a blue, cat-like appearance. Benjamin Walker had previously been attached to role, but left due to a scheduling clash.

In addition, Caleb Landry Jones has been cast as Sean Cassidy, a hero with a 'sonic scream' also known as Banshee.

James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Alice Eve and Aaron Johnson are among the cast for Matthew Vaughn's First Class, which begins filming in London this summer.

tammyy2j
16-07-2010, 10:27
Sources confirm that Kevin Bacon has joined Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class cast. Details of his role are being kept under wraps, but sources tell us he will play a villain, sparring against protagonists Charles Xavier, played by James McAvoy, and Magneto, Michael Fassbender’s role. It’s not clear who Bacon’s character is specifically, or how he’ll figure into the X-Men universe, but it will be fun to watch. Deadline Hollywood first reported this last week.

Also joining the team is up-and-comer Jennifer Lawrence who received raves earlier this year for her leading role in the Sundance smash Winter’s Bone. The 19-year old actress will play Mystique, the role originated by Rebecca Romijn in the X-Men trilogy. The Hollywood Reporter first reported this news today.

Twentieth Century Fox declined to comment on either casting addition. Filming is set to begin this summer in London.

Perdita
16-07-2010, 11:04
Jennifer Lawrence has joined the cast of X-Men: First Class, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The 19-year-old, who has drawn critical praise for her upcoming indie movie Winter's Bone, will play blue-skinned shapeshifter Mystique in director Matthew Vaughn's superhero prequel.

Lawrence is among a cast that includes James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Alice Eve, Caleb Landry Jones and Kevin Bacon. The movie centres on the early years of mutants Professor Charles Xavier and Magneto and the formation of the X-Men team.

X-Men: First Class will begin production in the UK later this summer for a June 2011 release.

Lawrence has also appeared in The Burning Plain and can next be seen in Jodie Foster's The Beaver and horror-thriller House At The End Of The Street

tammyy2j
03-08-2010, 10:58
X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn has revealed that he had to change the superhero movie's script due to Inception.

Speaking to the Los Angeles Times, Vaughn said that a sequence of "dream-space combat" had to be removed from the film because it too closely resembled action scenes from Christopher Nolan's just-released sci-fi thriller.

He explained: "I saw Inception, which I loved. But my heart sank when I saw that a few of the ideas we had were up [on the screen]. So it's either leave it in and look as if you're copying or change things. We completely ripped out about 12 pages of the script and the storyboards."

In a separate interview with IGN, Vaughn noted that producer Bryan Singer's original story idea for the movie puts the Marvel Comics mutants in a historical context.

"The story that Bryan Singer came up with is very, very smart," he said. "It's very clever when you see how he has integrated the characters into the time period where the film is set. I'll put it that way. I just don't want to give it away... It's a very clever way of getting these characters involved in recent history, in recent world events."

X-Men: First Class begins production later this year with James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Kevin Bacon, Nicholas Hoult, Alice Eve and Jennifer Lawrence among its cast.

Perdita
16-08-2010, 09:11
Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels star Jason Flemyng has confirmed that he has landed a role in upcoming superhero prequel X-Men: First Class.

The 41-year-old actor revealed that he was awarded the part of teleporting creature Azazel by the film's director Matthew Vaughn, having appeared in all of his previous movies, including recent box office hits Kick-Ass and Stardust.

Flemyng revealed to Empire: "Matthew showed me my costume just the other day. Now I swore I’d never be in heavy make-up again, but this role is going to involve it. But at least they said, 'Don’t worry, we’ll add the tail in post [production]'."

Other confirmed cast members for X Men: First Class include James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult and Kevin Bacon. The long-awaited film is due to be released in June 2011.

tammyy2j
16-08-2010, 17:13
With shooting on Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class gearing up to start in London at the end of the month, the cast is coming together very quickly. One key role that's closer to being cast now is Dr. Moira MacTaggert with word coming from The Hollywood Reporter that "Damages" co-star Rose Byrne is in talks for the part.

MacTaggert is a scientist specializing in genetic mutation who was introduced in the early days of Claremont and Cockrum's days on "Uncanny X-Men," #96 in fact. She showed up to be Professor X's housekeeper, but it wasn't long before her true significance to Professor X, the X-Men and mutantkind would be unveiled. A year after the character was introduced, it was revealed in flashbacks that MacTaggert was actually Professor Xavier's ex-girlfriend and apparently, she will be playing that role in Vaughn's prequel which will be going back to the early days of the X-Men.

tammyy2j
11-02-2011, 10:36
Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrbHykKUfTM&feature=player_embedded