PDA

View Full Version : Corrie in Search for Mollies Baby

alan45
16-05-2010, 00:24
CORONATION Street is on the hunt for a cast member who hasn’t even been born yet.
Adverts seeking a newborn with a June due-date to appear in Britain’s most popular soap have been posted in hospitals close to the Granada TV studios.

Show bosses are looking for a white baby boy to take part in filming in July.

The advert adds that “identical twins would be great”. Under employment regulations child actors must spend only a few hours in front of the camera each day so it is common for identical twins to be used.

The ads, posted in antenatal wards around Greater Manchester, say that interested expectant parents must contact the Bolton-based talent agent, Orr Management.

TV bosses are tight-lipped over which role the “actor” is being hired for, however shop assistant Molly Dobbs is currently pregnant after cheating on husband Tyrone with Kevin.

alan45
06-07-2010, 01:46
JACK Duckworth is to live on in Corrie after Tyrone and Molly Dobbs name their son after him.
Legend Jack, played by Bill Tarmey, 69, leaves this Christmas amid the soap's 50th birthday celebrations.
Baby Jack arrives in September and Tyrone, unaware that best pal Kevin Webster could be the real dad, names him after the man who has been like a father to him.
Manchester twins Jaxon and Maddox Beswick were chosen to play the baby after bosses put ads in local antenatal wards.
An insider told TV Biz: "Twins are often used, so if one baby is having an off day the other can step in. It halves the workload and stresses."
Jack Duckworth, whose wife Vera died in 2008, cries with joy when Tyrone tells him the tot's name - but says the lad will grow up to love boozing and the horses.
Actor Bill has admitted it will be a wrench to go after more than three decades.
He said: "People often ask if I like Jack. Like him? I bloody love him.
"Because of him I've made fantastic friends and travelled the world."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3042165/Corries-Tyrone-and-Molly-Dobbs-name-their-son-after-Jack-Duckworth.html#ixzz0srISDob9

moonstorm
06-07-2010, 10:39
AW that is really nice!

Abbie
06-07-2010, 17:06
Aww that is really sweet! :)

LostVoodoo
06-07-2010, 20:11
very sweet. plus Jack is a much better name than both Jaxon and Maddox :S