PDA

View Full Version : Junior The Apprentice

ApprenticeBlog
13-05-2010, 11:30
I thought it was a great programme last night, I have loads of pictures from it on my blog
http://2010theapprentice.blogspot.com/

LostVoodoo
14-05-2010, 10:05
i really liked the show, it was a lot better than it thought it was going to be! i think they've picked a good bunch of people so we'll see how it unfolds over the weeks. Didn't think Jordan should have gone, he had a lot more to offer than whinging Rhys who didn't do anything!

alan45
20-05-2010, 01:09
Lord Alan Sugar fired 16-year-old AS Level student Hibah Ansary on last night's episode of Junior Apprentice.

Sugar claimed that the Manchester-based applicant didn't have the "cut-throat nature" needed for a career in business, after her team failed in the camping products task.

Project manager Adam Eliaz brought Ansary and Zoe Plummer back to the boardroom after the team failed to sell a single unit of their Flex N Store to Millets, Marshmallow or Argos.

Rival team Instinct, who sold 3,100 units of their Slide Stuff, were rewarded with a private fireworks display at Kew Gardens.

Defending his lack of results in the boardroom, Eliaz said: "It is not the easiest task to come up with a totally original idea." An unimpressed Sugar quickly replied: "If this was easy I'd put it on CBeebies!"

Criticising Eliaz's leadership skills, he continued: "I wonder if you led the team with a rod of iron or whether it was a stick of celery!"

The 17-year-old market trader then pleaded with the millionaire to give him another opportunity, explaining: "I left school at 16 with not the best GCSEs. I invested my life savings into a business without any financial backing from my parents. Look at the blisters on my hands - I love working. I've never been so hungry for anything in my life."

Concluding on who he should fire, Sugar said: "Adam, you have got a lot of enthusiasm but you really lost control of the task. Hibah, I've observed only in the last two weeks that you are very articulate. Adam, on balance, I like your spirit.

"Hibah, my instinct is that the cut-throat nature of business is not suited to your personality, so with regret - you're fired!"

Speaking afterwards, she said: "This process has shown me how important success is to me. I really do fear failure. I'm still going to carry on with my dreams of studying medicine and I hope that I'll be really successful at it one day."

Trinity
11-06-2010, 12:38
The last two episodes of this were great. The kids did so much better than the adults on the normal show. I was really impressed with the finalists - and the right man won. Zoe was too abrasive, and Tim too willing to let other people do the work.

Siobhan
11-06-2010, 12:54
I missed these two but saw a clip with Lord Alan saying that one of the guys sold more than anyone ever in the room (including the adults) who was that?

Trinity
11-06-2010, 13:03
It was actually the team made up of Tim and Kirsty in the second last episode.

They sold £39K worth of designer stuff from Amsterdam. They took a risk and went for high value bikes and expensive pet stuff - a bed costing £110 and a wee trailer to pull along behind your bike for the dog to sit in.

the other team sold well too - about £9K, but they were slaughtered by Tim and Kirsty, and the girl with the long brown hair went home.

Siobhan
11-06-2010, 13:07
Wow.. 39K.. that is a lot.. I am sure this is repeated on Saturday or Sunday for those of us who can't access iplayer