PDA

View Full Version : Devon anderson thinks it's the end of the line

Perdita
13-05-2010, 07:57
DEVON Anderson fears being axed by new boss Bryan Kirkwood.

The 23-year-old, who plays Billie Jackson, has a history of fall-outs with the producer.

In 2007, Bryan sacked him as Hollyoaks’ Sonny Valentine amid rumours they had clashed over the lad’s bad time-keeping.

And within weeks of taking control in Walford, the pair are reported to have had more run-ins.

Devon was supposed to go to Saturday’s British Soap Awards but was banned at the last minute.

He was accused of advertising clothes in a Twitter photo, against BBC rules.

Devon has confessed to pals he thinks his time on the show could be up.

One said: “Now Bryan has his feet under the table he’s already axed a number of characters and Devon fears he could be next.”

Last night an EastEnders spokeswoman said: “Devon was due to attend the event on Saturday but the invitation was withdrawn.

“It’s a private matter.”

Katy
13-05-2010, 08:43
what is it with that boy, he has opportunities on hollyoaks and EE and he seems to blow them, why. Budding young actors would give anything for a chance like hes had.

Perdita
13-05-2010, 08:50
Sounds like he can't handle it

Chloe O'brien
13-05-2010, 10:07
If Devon turns up for work on time and keeps his head down then he won't get into trouble.

Siobhan
13-05-2010, 10:10
If Devon turns up for work on time and keeps his head down then he won't get into trouble.

People like him annoy me.. they have a good job.. pays well and abuse it by turning up late and complaining... there is loads of hard working people out there who would love to have this job

Chloe O'brien
13-05-2010, 10:24
Exactly he is trying to make out that he is being hard done by, but he's not. Devon needs to grow up and stop his moaning. If he had a job in the real world he'd be sacked for poor time-keeping. It's up to him to keep his job in EE.

tammyy2j
13-05-2010, 11:40
I do hope he is fired I hate Billie

alan45
18-09-2010, 01:09
Devon Anderson is to leave EastEnders next month,
Anderson's character Billie Jackson will be killed off after an alcohol-fuelled party to celebrate his birthday.

The 23-year-old reprised the role earlier this year as he returned to Albert Square, having originally portrayed Billie from 1993 to 1997. At the same time, Lindsay Coulson also came back to the soap as his on-screen mother Carol.

"Unaware of the disastrous consequences, Carol is insistent on holding a party for her treasured son Billie," a source confirmed. "At the party, Carol makes a heartfelt speech about how her wayward son has turned his life around since joining the army."

Bianca (Patsy Palmer) will discover her brother's "lifeless body" the following morning, surrounded by the remnants of the night before.

Anderson's exit is the latest under former Hollyoaks executive producer Bryan Kirkwood. The actor was previously dropped from the Channel 4 soap amid reports over poor time-keeping.

SB can also confirm that Howard Antony and Mona Hammond will return to their respective roles as Billie's father Alan and grandmother Blossom. Both last appeared in the soap in 1997. They will reprise their roles for Billie's funeral.

Katy
18-09-2010, 10:42
at least with him being killed off theres no way that he can return!

alan45
18-09-2010, 10:59
at least with him being killed off theres no way that he can return!

Come on. How long have you been watching EE. Death does not prevent a character returning to Albert Square LOL

tammyy2j
19-09-2010, 18:24
I thought he would have been killed off in the army somewhere

Chloe O'brien
19-09-2010, 23:38
If Devon's conduct on the show hasn't improved since his last ticking off, then it's no surprise his character is being killed off. If he is serious about acting then he will learn from the mistakes he has made on HO and EE and grow up.

LostVoodoo
20-09-2010, 11:32
very surprised but very pleased that alan and blossom are coming back for the funeral, too often in soaps people's closest relatives don't come back for funerals!

Siobhan
20-09-2010, 11:33
very surprised but very pleased that alan and blossom are coming back for the funeral, too often in soaps people's closest relatives don't come back for funerals!

What about Sonya?? and robbie??

Perdita
04-10-2010, 16:02
EastEnders actress Shona McGarty has promised that Billie Jackson's forthcoming death storyline will be handled "marvellously" on screen.

As exclusively revealed by DS last month, a new plot will see Billie end up dead after he has a drinking binge at his birthday party.

The tragedy leaves many of Albert Square's residents shocked and heartbroken - including McGarty's character Whitney Dean, who was recently dumped by Billie.

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday, McGarty explained: "It's horrible what happens to Billie. Whitney still loves him dearly with all her heart. But what happens to him is very common among young people, especially binge drinking.

"I think it's a really important subject that EastEnders has done marvellously, like it always does, and I feel so privileged to be involved in it and to show people how dangerous it is."

She added: "Whitney will blame herself. She blames herself for everything and viewers can expect lots of tears as she tries to come to terms with it all. It's a terrible turmoil for Whitney again."

Billie's portrayer Devon Anderson reprised the role earlier this year, having originally played the character between 1993 and 1997.

Chloe O'brien
04-10-2010, 23:22
Never mind Devon this time next year play your cards right and you could be on SCD.

CrazyLea
05-10-2010, 00:27
I don't like Billie that much. But I think it will be quite sad actually. And a bit of an eyeopener, with the whole binge drinking thing. I am looking forward to seeing it.

Perdita
12-10-2010, 17:51
EastEnders actress Lindsey Coulson has admitted that she thought the decision to kill off Billie Jackson was "premature".

Billie, played by Devon Anderson, was found dead by his half-sister Bianca in last night's highly-praised edition of the BBC soap.

"Part of me thinks that writing out Devon was a bit premature," she told Inside Soap. "He's very talented, and there were lots of stories they could have told about Billie."

Coulson added that although the plot has "huge shock value", she was "so sad" to say goodbye to Anderson.

"I've known him since he was 6 years old, and we have a lovely relationship," she said. "When we had to play the scene where Carol sees Billie lying dead in the living room, it was really sad - not just because a mum had lost her son in tragic circumstances, but also because I felt almost as though I was losing Devon too."