PDA

View Full Version : Becky Gets Sibling

lizann
11-05-2010, 19:22
Becky's half sister who is younger arrives just when Becky and Steve are trying to adopt and creates chaos for the couple

Perdita
11-05-2010, 19:33
Corrie star Katherine Kelly has revealed that her character is about to get a step-sister. Kelly plays Becky McDonald in the Weatherfield drama.

Speaking at the British Soap Awards, Kelly told What's On TV: "It's very exciting, she's going to get a sister, which is an exclusive.

"Very, very soon a half-sister is going to come into her life."

She added: "They are interested in my sister (Grace).

"She is the prefect age and she's a cracking actress and she is my sister, so she looks just like me.

"But she's in LA at drama school, so... I don't know if it will work."

Meanwhile, Katherine has praised the show's new producer Phil Collinson.

She revealed that he has "big plans" for the Weatherfield show's anniversary celebrations.

Kelly told Digital Spy: "I think he's got big plans full stop because it's Coronation Street's 50th year.

"I do know Phil anyway because it's a small industry and I think we're really, really lucky to have him."

alan45
12-05-2010, 00:43
CORONATION Street is heading for double trouble - with the arrival of Becky McDonald's tearaway teenage sister.
The chavvy new character has a three-year-old daughter, although she's only 18.

But she's footloose and fancy free as far as the men of Weatherfield are concerned.

An insider told TV Biz: "Becky's sister is really going to cause ructions. Since she arrived in Corrie, Becky's own rough edges have been smoothed off and marriage to Steve has calmed her down a bit. But her sister is as fiery as they come.

"Bosses haven't figured out a name for the character yet, but they've certainly plotted out what kind of person she is. A gobby, chavvy troublemaker."

Corrie chiefs are scouting for an unknown actress to play the new role - and haven't ruled out actress Katherine Kelly's real-life sister Grace.

But she already has commitments at a studying programme in America.

Becky's sister arrives this summer after the adoption agency track her down to speak to her about Becky's suitability to mother a child.

The pair meet up with each other - and Becky offers her sis a job in the Rovers.

But the move doesn't go down well with landlady Liz.

Our source continued: "Becky's sister is very much a livewire and will be flirting with every man in the Rovers - including her sister's husband Steve."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2969364/Coronation-Street-to-introduce-chavvy-teen-sister-for-Becky-McDonald.html#ixzz0nfS4Hv5R

tammyy2j
12-05-2010, 10:55
Just want Corrie needs a mini chav Becky :p

sean slater
12-05-2010, 14:52
LOL YEH i think this will be fun!

Dazzle
12-05-2010, 16:48
Maybe Becky will end up taking on her little niece instead of adopting.

Katy
12-05-2010, 18:31
this is just what they need, Beckys a great character and was so fun when she first joined, another proper chavvy character will be great.

Ruffed_lemur
14-05-2010, 18:53
Sounds good. Maybe Becky and Steve will tame her a bit, and babysit the little one.

alan45
22-06-2010, 00:40
Coronation Street bosses have cast Becky McDonald's tearaway teen sister, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

Actress Paula Lane - who left drama school only two years ago - joins the Weatherfield soap as Kylie Turner, Becky's half-sister by another father.

Kylie's arrival sends shockwaves through The Rovers as she moves in with her big sister, causing trouble for the rest of the McDonalds in the process.

Corrie producer Phil Collinson exclusively told DS: "Paula's brilliant and I'm very excited. She'll arrive and move into the pub with Becky, Liz and Steve. She's a big character across the next six months and beyond and it's fair to say that she'll cause hell for the McDonalds."

Speaking of her casting, Lane said: "I'm very excited to be joining Coronation Street and to be working alongside Katherine Kelly."

A show source revealed: "Despite only sharing their mother's blood, Kylie's every bit as full-on as Becky ever knew how to be. Kylie has all the characteristics of the Becky we've seen glimpses of over the years - it's like holding up an age-defying mirror."

They added: "It doesn't take her long to set her sights on Irish barman Ciaran, either. She's a little firecracker, definitely one to watch!"

Lane began filming at the soap's home in Manchester last week and will make her screen debut in August.

Perdita
29-06-2010, 15:03
BECKY McDonald puts her arm around her new-found sister Kylie - after meeting her in a foster home.
The Corrie blonde, played by Katherine Kelly, had been visiting while considering adoption after finding out she cannot have children.

But things soon get messy when she meets feisty half-sister Kylie, played by Paula Lane.

Kylie ends up living with Becky and her hubby Steve in the Rovers, but things are set to get complicated.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3033864/Coronation-Streets-Becky-McDonald-meets-half-sister-Kylie.html#ixzz0sFbRH5D7

walsh2509
03-07-2010, 14:35
Sounds good. Maybe Becky and Steve will tame her a bit, and babysit the little one.

See it coming a mile away , Becky's sister arrives with kid , Becky and Steve are knocked back for a kid of there own. Becky's sister leaves after x amount of time but leaves the kid with Becky.

Perdita
03-07-2010, 15:44
That is what I have been thinking too :)

alan45
12-07-2010, 01:24
LOOKS like Corrie's Becky McDonald is back to her boozy ways - swigging cider from a bottle.
The ex-jailbird had swapped her hoodie image for smart suits in a bid to convince social workers she is fit to adopt.
But as our location shots show, Becky - played by the usually red-carpet glam Katherine Kelly - is soon looking scruffy again as she tracks down half-sister Kylie.
The barmaid ends up swiping Kylie's cider and storming off.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3049823/LOOKS-like-Corries-Becky-McDonald-is-back-to-her-boozy-ways-swigging-cider-from-a-bottle.html#ixzz0tQIMJk4m

alan45
17-08-2010, 12:35
http://holysoapcdn.five.tv/assets/images/15445/20100817T120759_Five_Soaps_News_1-1_1282043282_large.jpg?1282044607

Hoop earrings, pink hoodie, scraped back hair and "don't mess with me" expression - it could only be Becky McDonald's little sister.

The tearaway, played by Paula Lane, explodes onto screens next week when she wrecks Becky's (Katherine Kelly) adoption dreams by giving her a bad reference.

When the two half-siblings come face-to-face, an almighty ruck erupts.

"I've still got the bruises!," Paula told New! magazine.

"Kate really gives it some, and when we shot the scene where we fight, she just said, 'Let's go for it!' So we did."

Describing her character, the 24-year-old said: "She's a very messed up girl. She was dragged up by an alcoholic mother, so she's had to fight for survival. When she first comes onto the show, she and Becky have a proper fight."

Kylie sounds like a far cry from the actress who plays her, who was working as a salesgirl in posh Harrods when she landed the part.

"When my agent told me I'd got the job, I nearly fell to the floor," she said.

See Kylie, if you dare, when she appears in the soap on Thursday, August 26.

alan45
18-08-2010, 01:33
KIND Steve McDonald rescues his wife Becky's half-sister Kylie from a life on the streets.
Steve (Simon Gregson) picks up wild teen Kylie, played by Corrie newcomer Paula Lane, in his cab and persuades her to go back to the Rovers, where she moves in with him, Becky and his mum Liz.
Boss Phil Collinson has promised she'll cause hell for the McDonalds.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3100876/Steve-McDonald-rescues-Beckys-half-sister-from-life-on-the-streets.html#ixzz0wug7jlCe

tammyy2j
19-08-2010, 16:56
^ She looks kinda like Nicola Stapleton

Perdita
25-08-2010, 07:16
'Coronation Street' barmaid Michelle Connor "loses it" and accidentally punches Becky McDonald.

The feisty brunette - played by Kym Marsh - is furious when newcomer Kylie (Paula Lane) flirts with Ciaran McCarthy (Keith Duffy) and lashes out - but hits the wrong person.

Kym revealed: "My character Michelle has some competition for the attention of Ciaran this week. Becky's half-sister Kylie, who's played by Paula Lane, arrives on the Street and sets her sights on him. Although Michelle doesn't see her as a threat, she's irritated that Kylie's flirting with her man. So when Kylie asks Ciaran outright if he and Michelle are an item, she loses it and goes to punch her in the face - but misses and ends up hitting Becky."

Kym has also dismissed speculation that new show producer Phil Collinson is to employ security experts to prevent scripts being made public.

She told new! magazine: "I think reports that Phil Collinson has brought in a team of experts to check for bugging devices on set, that scripts are being kept under lock and key and that the cast are subject to spot-checks are a slight exaggeration!

"I can't imagine that Phil's going to be waiting at the door ready to strip-search us! Having said that, I do know it's very important to him that the 50th anniversary storyline is kept secret."

Perdita
25-08-2010, 16:54
Coronation Street's Katherine Kelly has teased that her character Becky McDonald has more problems from her past that she has not dealt with.

Kelly told RTÉ that Becky would continue to have to face up to issues as they keep "finding her".

"The wonderful thing about the way Becky has been written for four years is that she has just tried to completely block out her past and totally recreate her life," she said. "She has cut off everything from her past. She has not dealt with any of those issues from her past and no matter how hard she tries it just keeps coming back and finding her."

She continued: "There are a whole load of problems that Becky has not dealt with."

In tomorrow night's episode, Becky is reunited with her half-sister Kylie (Paula Lane) - furious that her bad reference has ruined her and husband Steve's chances of adopting a child.

"Hate and love are so close and sibling fights are pretty full on," Kelly said of the sisters' relationship. "Sometimes you just want to kill them. And Becky has never wanted to kill anyone more than she wants to kill Kylie at this point in time."

She added: "She goes to pin her down and tell her the truth. It is a full on Becky fight, her sister is surprised but she gives as good as she gets before locking herself in the downstairs toilet. Becky sits outside the toilet for about five hours and refuses to move until Kylie has listened to her. It isn't until the point that Becky mentions that their mum is dead that Kylie comes out.

"Becky is upset that Kylie didn't know and more of the maternal side comes out and she and Kylie start to talk about the past."

alan45
26-08-2010, 12:23
http://holysoapcdn.five.tv/assets/images/15561/Coronation_Street_gallery_5-1_1282325354_large.jpg?1282325417

http://holysoapcdn.five.tv/assets/images/15563/Coronation_Street_gallery_6-1_1282325355_large.jpg?1282325419

The sisters punch up

Perdita
19-09-2010, 11:00
Coronation Street star Simon Gregson has ruled out an affair between his character Steve McDonald and his wife Becky's sister Kylie.

Speaking to What's On TV, the 35-year-old actor also claimed that Kylie (Paula Lane) should leave Weatherfield permanently if Steve and Becky are to be happy.

He said of the plot, which sees Kylie whisper sweet nothings to Steve: "She probably thought, 'that fat bald guy wants a bit', but he wasn't interested. When you are with somebody like Becky you don't want another woman in your life.

"He wants to tell Becky but Kylie threatened to leave with Max and not come back. Instead he offers to put all their difficulties behind him if she promises not to ruin what they have as a family.

"It's always in the back of his mind that she might do a runner. Steve knows the whole business is going to be stressful. But Becky just sees Kylie as a younger version of herself and thinks it's all going really well."

Talking about the possibility of Kylie running away without her son Max, he added: "[Steve would] absolutely support Becky if that's what she wanted. It would all be above board with Becky being Kylie's sister. Actually, it would be best for Becky and Steve if Kylie did leave and Max stayed with them. It would be perfect."

Tom Lister (Carl King) in Emmerdale said that about his flirt with Eve and they are now having a full blown affair :(

Dazzle
19-09-2010, 13:13
I hope Steve and Kylie don't have an affair. I don't think it's likely, to be honest.

Perdita
13-10-2010, 20:16
Coronation Street newcomer Paula Lane has admitted that she is surprised by how fans have been comparing her character to superbitch Tracy Barlow.

Lane's alter ego Kylie Turner first appeared on screen back in August, and has since been causing havoc for her half-sister Becky McDonald (Katherine Kelly) and other Weatherfield favourites.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Lane confessed that some viewers think Kylie is even more wicked than Tracy, who is currently serving a 15-year jail sentence for murder.

The actress explained: "People have been saying that Kylie is worse than Tracy, but I think that might be taking it a little too far at the moment - after all, Kylie hasn't killed anyone… yet!"

She continued: "My initial contract was until December and I've just been given another six months, so it'll be interesting to see how they are going to work it with Tracy being back.

"Two evil characters paralleling each other might be too much, though, so maybe they'll keep them apart. But I'm sure Kylie will be a thorn in Becky and Steve's sides for a long time to come."

Coronation Street's series producer Phil Collinson recently confirmed that Tracy will make her forthcoming comeback on Christmas Eve.

Perdita
13-10-2010, 20:17
so she is not going to die in the tram crash !!

Perdita
25-10-2010, 15:35
Coronation Street's new recruit Paula Lane has admitted that she often experiences emotional moments on set due to the shocking nature of her new storyline.

The actress joined the Weatherfield show earlier this year in the role of Kylie Turner, who is about to drop a bombshell by offering to sell her young son Max to half-sister Becky (Katherine Kelly).

Speaking on This Morning about tackling the surprise plotline, Lane explained: "I'm the most maternal person you'll ever come across and I can't wait for the day to have a child.

"When I look at Harry who plays Max, I think, 'How could anyone do that to a child?'. And he looks at me with these blue eyes and sometimes I have to stop filming because I get too into it - and that's not Kylie!"

The star insisted that Kylie does love her son but comes up with the money-making scheme as she is "immature and irresponsible".

Discussing her alter ego's wild behaviour, Lane said: "She's like a cat - she just pounces. The minute she can see something for herself, she's on it. But she's a very mixed up girl and she is misunderstood."

Perdita
28-10-2010, 14:45
ITVCoronation Street's Simon Gregson has confessed that he expects Steve and Becky McDonald to experience more problems with Kylie Turner.

The McDonalds are to face an agonising decision as Becky's (Katherine Kelly) half-sister, played by Paula Lane, offers to sell them her son Max for £20,000.

Gregson told TV Times that Steve takes Kylie's threat that they will never see Max again "very seriously"

"Kylie has already proved that she’s ruthless, after money and not the best mum in the world," he said. "It all makes perfect sense to Steve."

He continued: "Steve has massive doubts. But when he voices them, Becky questions his commitment to their relationship and walks out. Steve doesn’t want to risk losing her so he agrees to find the money somehow."

However, he admitted that he does not expect that this is the last the couple will see of Kylie.

"Bad pennies have a habit of turning up again," he said.

Ruffed_lemur
30-10-2010, 15:50
I can see Kylie coming back and wanting Max at some point. It's not legal to sell a child anyway.

Perdita
30-10-2010, 17:25
Kylie will be back, once the money runs out

Perdita
05-11-2010, 14:19
Coronation Street star Jack P. Shepherd has revealed that he is keen to film more scenes with the show's new recruit Paula Lane.

The actor - who plays twisted David Platt - explained that he has enjoyed watching Lane's portrayal of Becky McDonald's irresponsible half-sister Kylie Turner in recent months.

Speaking to the Inside Soap Yearbook 2011, Shepherd commented: "I'd love to do more with Paula Lane, who plays Kylie. I have had one scene with her in The Rovers.

"She's a great little actress and the character is a breath of fresh air. It would be good to work together more."

He continued: "I think Paula has settled in really well. I was watching her first few scenes and she's very good, but she's worried that everyone is going to hate her because she's a bad character. I've been a bad boy for over five years though, and I don't get any stick from viewers.

"If anything, people love to hate the baddies. So I told her not to worry about it. She's the spitting image of Katherine Kelly, who plays Becky, as well. It was a really great bit of casting."

Lane recently claimed that Kylie is "a very mixed-up girl" and "misunderstood".

Perdita
03-01-2011, 11:26
Coronation Street's Kylie Turner is to shock viewers with a wedding this year.

Actress Paula Lane, who has been nominated for a National Television Award, said the groom is someone known to Street fans.

Teasing viewers about what's in store for her character, she said: "We have a wedding. I can't reveal who it's with but it's involving Kylie. Watch this space. It's going to be fantastic."

She went on: "I didn't see that coming so I think it's going to shock a few people."

She expects to start filming the plotline in February, and it will be screened in April.

Confirming that the wedding is with someone who lives on the Street, she added. "Kylie's got a lot of tricks up her sleeve. It's very clever how it's all going to unfold."

Paula, who joined the soap last year as Becky McDonald's tearaway half-sister, is thrilled to be nominated in the newcomer category at the National Television Awards.

She said: "I'm so flattered. In six months my life as completely changed. It's not hit me yet that I'm involved in the longest-running drama series in the world and now I'm nominated for an award. I'm quite speechless about it really."

Perdita
04-01-2011, 13:48
Coronation Street newcomer Paula Lane has revealed that her character Kylie Turner will marry David Platt in a shock new storyline.

The actress, who has played Becky McDonald's irresponsible half-sister for six months, announced the surprise news during an interview on Loose Women this afternoon.

Asked what 2011 will be like for Kylie, Lane replied: "Fab! I'm going to be really busy as of the end of January, so I'm just relishing this time off that I've got at the minute."

The star added that fans can expect "wedding bells" in the coming months before naming David as Kylie's new husband.

DS

tammyy2j
04-01-2011, 14:53
As if 2010 wasn't bad enough for Gail, there's an even bigger shock in store for her this year when David returns from holiday engaged.

And his new fiancée is not exactly Gail's dream daughter-in-law.

The Platts and McDonalds are left reeling after discovering her identity - Becky's wayward sister Kylie!

Becky and Steve believed they had seen the last of Kylie when she sold Max to them last year and after Tracy took Amy off them over Christmas, they now face the prospect of losing little Max too.

Both families are hoping the couple from hell will soon go their separate ways, but David and Kylie are determined to prove everyone wrong and immediately start planning a Spring wedding.

Our press officer said: “Kylie and David are trouble as individuals so the thought of the two of them getting together is a nightmare prospect for both their families.

“But it will certainly make for exciting viewing for Corrie fans – Kylie and David are fantastic characters and there is no end to the trouble they will cause for everyone.”

Kylie, played by Paula Lane, arrived in Weatherfield in 2010 and quickly made her presence felt as Becky’s kid sister. She stole Mary’s camper van, nicked cash from her own sister, tried it on with Steve McDonald and then sold her own son to get enough cash to live abroad.

lizann
05-01-2011, 11:09
What age is Kylie?

Perdita
05-01-2011, 12:06
Mid-20s, I would say

lizann
05-01-2011, 12:16
Mid-20s, I would say

And David is what age?

Dazzle
05-01-2011, 14:26
And David is what age?

David Platt is 20 years old.

lizann
05-01-2011, 14:37
I am not a fan of Kylie

Dazzle
05-01-2011, 14:49
I am not a fan of Kylie

Neither am I...I was hoping we'd seen the last of her.

Perdita
28-02-2011, 14:21
© Rex Features / Ken McKay
Coronation Street star Paula Lane has extended her contract with the soap, keeping her in Weatherfield until 2012.

The actress's alter ego Kylie Turner is about to become a more prominent face on the cobbles as a high-profile storyline will see her return from Tenerife and be revealed as David Platt's new fiancée, providing a big shock for the twisted hairdresser's mum Gail.

Kylie was first introduced to the ITV1 show in August last year, immediately causing chaos for her half-sister Becky McDonald (Katherine Kelly).

Speaking of the character's future, a statement on Corrie's official website reads: "[David's] new girlfriend is about to arrive and give everyone a shock. From Gail's disappointment to Becky's anger, Kylie is set to provoke some strong reactions and her relationship with David is sure to test the Platts and McDonalds to the limit with their plans to marry!

"We can also reveal that Paula Lane, who plays Kylie, recently extended her contract, so we'll be seeing a lot more of Kylie this year and into 2012."

Lane - who was nominated in the 'Best Newcomer' category at this year's National Television Awards - had previously been contracted to stay in Weatherfield until mid-2011.

DS

Dazzle
28-02-2011, 16:39
Coronation Street star Paula Lane has extended her contract with the soap, keeping her in Weatherfield until 2012.

I'm not pleased about that :thumbsdow

alan45
14-04-2011, 01:25
Reports today suggest Corries Becky McDonald will be left devastated when Max is taken into care by social services.
Becky and Steve have had unofficial custody of Max after they "bought" him from Beckys half sister Kylie. Becky and Steves actions have already lost them full custody of Steves daughter Amy and now its reported that they will lose Max too.
It is expected that David Platt will report the couple resulting in social services swooping on the Rovers Return and taking Max in to their care.
David becomes involved when he decides Max should be with his mum and when he finds out Becky and Steve paid new wife Kylie for him, he uses it as ammunition against them.
Viewers can see Beckys heartbreak as the storyline unfolds in the coming months.

tammyy2j
14-04-2011, 11:17
Coronation Street's Becky McDonald will face another devastating setback as Max is taken into care in a forthcoming storyline, a report has claimed.

According to the Daily Star, social services will arrive at the Rovers Return and take the youngster away after hearing the shocking truth about why he is living with the McDonalds.

Becky bought Max from half-sister Kylie last year after deciding that she and husband Steve could be better parents to him.

However, sources say that the plot will take a new twist in weeks to come as Kylie's new husband David Platt starts to become increasingly uneasy about the unusual arrangement she has with Becky and Steve.

When David finally discovers that the couple made a financial deal for the child, he reportedly decides to use the knowledge against them - leading to social services being tipped off over their actions.

Jack P. Shepherd, who plays David, recently told DS that he is pleased his character is starting to share more screen time with the McDonalds.

I get the feeling David wants him and Kylie to raise Max maybe David wants to be a daddy he was upset over Tina's abortion

Chloe O'brien
14-04-2011, 12:01
I think David would be a good father figure to Max like what Steve is, but Kyle wants nothing to do with her Son and Becky and Steve will be devasted what and shame.

tammyy2j
13-04-2012, 16:06
Do you think Kylie will the next barmaid in the pub?

Perdita
13-04-2012, 16:51

would not surprise me

alan45
13-04-2012, 16:59

It wouldnt surprise me but what makes you think that

tammyy2j
13-04-2012, 17:14
It wouldnt surprise me but what makes you think that

I think they need someone feisty behind the bar and Stella and Sunita dont cut it and Tina seems to all lost her feisty spirit and Sean is useless so Kylie or Leanne would be good there

sarah c
13-04-2012, 18:50
I think they need someone feisty behind the bar and Stella and Sunita dont cut it and Tina seems to all lost her feisty spirit and Sean is useless so Kylie or Leanne would be good there

Leanne surely? cos she does need a job, now she isnt skivvying for Peter in the Bookies?

Perdita
20-04-2012, 10:15
Coronation Street's Kylie Platt is left devastated next week when husband David blames her for his grandmother Audrey suffering a heart attack.

Audrey (Sue Nicholls) experiences the shock health scare during another furious row with her family over the hairdressing salon, collapsing with pain to the horror of her loved ones.

As Audrey recovers in hospital, David (Jack P Shepherd) deeply regrets letting the salon war go too far - believing that stress has caused his gran's condition.

Kylie is later livid when David claims that she's to blame for Audrey's heart attack as she kept pushing him to fight for the salon. As Kylie then questions her future at the Platt house, is it the end for her marriage?

Digital Spy recently caught up with Paula Lane, who plays Kylie, to hear all about the storyline.

Why does Kylie have such strong feelings about the salon war?
"Well, at first Kylie thought that Lewis was quite charming, but that changed as soon as Audrey demanded the salon back to finance a round-the-world cruise. Kylie just thought, 'Hang on a minute - this is mine and my son's livelihood that's at stake'.

"She feels that it's unfair for Audrey to take it away from David now - she has a real bee in her bonnet over this and she wants to see it through."

Audrey has been quite good to Kylie in the past. Doesn't Kylie feel any guilt?
"I don't think she does! But I think what's quite sad is that everyone keeps getting their wires crossed. There's been a few times where Audrey in particular has considered making amends, but then something else happens to cause more trouble.

"Kylie is dead set in her ways - she's like a dog with a bone over this and she won't drop it. She does really care about David and she doesn't want him to be treated unfairly. As far as Kylie's concerned, David has worked hard for that salon and put a lot of graft into it. She's just sticking up for him, really."

How does Kylie react when Audrey suffers her heart attack?
"Kylie's quite shocked, and she really didn't think that it would get to this point. It's interesting, because Kylie's never really had a grandmother figure, so she hasn't experienced an older generation before. That means she's never had to think about what happens when a family member gets old.

"You'll see in the episodes that Kylie says, 'Well, she's an old woman and old women have heart attacks'. At first she doesn't understand that the stress of the situation could have caused this, but when it does eventually start to hit home, Kylie is quite unnerved by it. It comes back to haunt her, because David blames her for the whole thing."

Does Gail blame Kylie too?
"Gail was initially siding against Audrey, but the heart attack changes everything and she turns on both Kylie and David. I think that's so she doesn't have to blame herself. Blood's thicker than water, and so suddenly all of the fingers start pointing towards Kylie..."

How does Kylie feel about David blaming her?
"It really shocks her. She's really let down by him, because she feels that it was his idea in the first place to try keeping the salon. Kylie's seen it through, but David's fallen at the last hurdle and now all of the fighting is being blamed on her.

"Kylie is really upset that her husband is not standing by her. It's often the case that David's family see her in a bad light, so she needs all the help she can get. Kylie thinks David should be on her side."

Kylie gets drunk at the Bistro as well, doesn't she?
"She does, and that's because she feels like she's on her own again. Becky's gone, so she doesn't have that sisterly figure on the street anymore. So instead she gets completely hammered on booze, makes a complete fool of herself at the Bistro and just causes havoc again.

"It's literally like she's lashing out - she's so mad with David."

Was it nice to switch back from sensible to wild Kylie?
"Yeah, it's always nice to explore the character's old ways, and I've always said that - a leopard doesn't change its spots. Kylie is always a bit temperamental, so she can quickly flip back into those sort of states. Those scenes are quite challenging - Kylie is quite a handful to play! She keeps me on my toes, put it that way."

What happens next?
"Kylie decides to leave the Platt house after all the rows. But when it comes to Max, she really does want to be a good motherly figure now. She knows that it's going to be incredibly hard to do it on her own, but she gives it a go and takes Max with her.

"She's had the time to learn, although she hasn't got a lot of confidence in herself. But she definitely tries! She may fail, but we'll have to wait and see what happens."

What kind of a response do you get from playing Kylie these days?
"From the response that I've had from the public, they do seem to have an affection for Kylie. I think that could be because she disappoints and makes the wrong choices, but the viewers can still see her trying. I think they do feel for her and care for her, but then she goes and blows it again!"

Away from Corrie, you've been training for the London Marathon, which you're running in aid of Henshaws Society for Blind People. How has the training been going?
"It's going really well. It's been incredibly difficult fitting it into my Coronation Street schedule, I've got to say. I crashed and burned a bit recently and had to have a couple of rest days. But I've really enjoyed the challenge.

"I'm not sure if I'll ever do it again, not in a job like this anyway! I might just stick to the odd 10k run. But it's kept me alert and I'm definitely fitter than I've ever been in my life, so that's got to be a bonus!"

What do you think of the recent news of Sue Johnston joining Coronation Street as Stella's mum?
"I'm absolutely amazed. It's brilliant that Corrie's getting these big names to come in and make an impact. It really raises the profile of the Street and I think it's amazing that people are wanting to come in and share their talents. Sue Johnston is brilliant and I think she'll make a really good contribution to the show."

Michelle Keegan recently told us that she'd like Kylie and Tina to be friends. Do you think that would work?
"Well, I think Kylie would be really worried that Tina and David would elope together! (Laughs) But I absolutely love Michelle, so whenever we do get any screen time together, it's brilliant.

"We'll have to see - I think Kylie's missing a friend. She's tried to get that in Eva and that worked for a little period. We'll have to see, as the writers can come up with anything and that's the beauty of the show. They can change the whole dynamic in a page."

Your screen sister Katherine Kelly is certainly keeping busy after Corrie with two new TV roles!
"I'm thrilled for her. I always knew that she was going to go onto massive things, so it's no surprise to me that she's landed these big jobs now.

"I went to see Kate in She Stoops To Conquer, and she was brilliant in that. She's going back to the screen now and I can't wait to see it for myself. They're two very different roles and completely the opposite to Becky, which I'm sure will stretch her and she'll go on to do even more amazing things."

Where would you like Kylie to go next?
"I love the emotionally-charged storylines, but you can never predict what the writers are going to come up with. Maybe she could get a new job or become Carla's little sidekick in Underworld! Kylie can turn her hand to anything, and that's a great quality in the character - she can always adapt herself!"

lizann
11-07-2016, 22:27
some talk of kylie dying of sds or sads

Perdita
12-07-2016, 05:03
some talk of kylie dying of sds or sads Don´t think that has happened before in soapland ?