PDA

View Full Version : British soap awards 2010 - the results

alan45
08-05-2010, 23:34
EastEnders: 10 awards
Best soap: EastEnders
Best actor: Scott Maslen (Jack Branning)
Best actress: Lacey Turner (Stacey Branning)
Dramatic performace: Lacey Turner (Stacey Branning)
Sexiest male: Scott Maslen (Jack Branning)
Best exit: Charlie Clements (Bradley Branning)
Best storyline: Who Killed Archie?
Best episode: EastEnders Live
Best newcomer: Marc Elliott (Syed Masood)
Best villain: Larry Lamb (Archie Mitchell)

Coronation Street: 3 awards

Comedy performance: Craig Gazey (Graeme Proctor)
Lifetime achievement: Betty Driver (Betty Williams)
Sexiest female: Michelle Keegan (Tina McIntyre)

Doctors: 2 awards

On-screen partnership: Jan Pearson and Chris Walker (Karen and Rob Hollins)
Young actor/actress: Ami Metcalf (Sapphire Cox)

Emmerdale: 1 award

Special achievement: Bill Lyons

Hollyoaks: 1 award

Spectacular scene: Sarah's parachute death

Chloe O'brien
09-05-2010, 01:48
Well my week just gets better and better. If the election wasn't bad enough now this.

LostVoodoo
09-05-2010, 10:50
the best actor result is a total joke!

Dazzle
09-05-2010, 15:25
I agree - no way is Scott Maslen the best actor. He's mediocre at best. There's also no way that EE is that much better than Corrie to win so many more awards.

Abbie
09-05-2010, 15:28
I think they are great :D

Katy
09-05-2010, 16:30
Scott Maslen Best Actor, who are they trying to kid!!! Did no one watch the live episode! he was pants.

Thought Corrie deserved more this year.

lizann
09-05-2010, 18:49
Emmerdale deserved more wins

I am glad the actors for Stacey and Bradley and Archie won

tammyy2j
10-05-2010, 10:31
Emmerdale deserved more imo

The Best Actor win is a complete joke

moonstorm
10-05-2010, 10:40
Well at least Hollyoaks got one! No way Scott for best actor!

ajay10
10-05-2010, 10:56
Emmerdale definitely deserved to win something else, can't believe Danny Miller didn't get the recognition he deserves.

claires
11-05-2010, 12:56
I totally agree that the best actor result is a bit of a sham, but Eastenders totally derserves the best soap award. I would have loved to see Hollyoaks and Emmerdale win a few more but Coronation Street, no. Maybe when some of the up and coming story lines happen it'll get a bit more exciting. I think next years soap awards will be a good one for Emmerdale because their Aaron being gay story line has been excellent and amazingly well written and I think must have touched a lot of people with its reality and great acting.

Eastenders all the way for me though!!!

alan45
13-05-2010, 00:36
EMMERDALE beauty Lucy Pargeter proved she's as fiery as her character Chas Dingle by launching a foul-mouthed rant at this year's British Soap Awards.
The show failed to win any of the NINE categories it had been nominated for at the ceremony, on ITV1 last night.

Afterwards angry Lucy tweeted fans saying Emmerdale had got "******* all".

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2970831/Emmerdale-come-up-empty-handed-at-the-British-Soap-Awards.html#ixzz0nlGXrAKZ

alan45
19-05-2010, 14:15
EastEnders star Lacey Turner has admitted that she "can't believe" she won two prizes at the British Soap Awards.

The Walford favourite scooped the 'Best Actress' prize at the ceremony earlier this month and also walked home with the 'Best Dramatic Performance' gong.

Turner's triumphs mean that she has now won 30 awards for her portrayal of Albert Square's Stacey Branning, since 2005.

Asked whether she had expected to receive her latest accolades, the 22-year-old replied: "No, I don't ever expect them as everyone who is up for these awards are really talented so you never know who is going to get them.

"Being nominated is an award in itself but I can't believe that I was fortunate [enough] to win two awards."

Turner announced last month that she is to bow out from her role as Stacey later this year in order to pursue new projects.

She added: "I will be at EastEnders for a while yet. I haven't got anything lined up just yet but I'm excited to see what comes next."

Siobhan
19-05-2010, 14:20
Lacey trully deserved the awards this year.. her portrayal of bi-polar was fantastic and her breakdown when Bradley left to go to Canada was brilliant work. Well done Lacey

alan45
20-05-2010, 13:55
Emmerdale actress Deena Payne has claimed that co-star Danny Miller deserved to win a prize at this year's British Soap Awards.

Miller was up for the 'Best Actor' and 'Best Dramatic Performance' gongs at the ceremony earlier this month, while his character Aaron Livesy's sexuality plot was nominated for 'Best Storyline'. However, despite the nods, he went home empty-handed.

As a whole, Emmerdale was nominated in every single category this year, but the show's only recognition on the night went to long-serving writer Bill Lyons, who won the 'Lifetime Achievement' award.

As Payne was interviewed on This Morning today, host Phillip Schofield - who fronted the BSAs - said that he thought the rural soap had been "robbed".

Payne agreed: "We did actually, but there you go. Ever was it thus."

The actress, who plays Viv Hope on the serial, added: "Danny should have got his. Absolutely. There's been some really strong storylines there."

tammyy2j
20-05-2010, 14:13
Emmerdale actress Deena Payne has claimed that co-star Danny Miller deserved to win a prize at this year's British Soap Awards.

Miller was up for the 'Best Actor' and 'Best Dramatic Performance' gongs at the ceremony earlier this month, while his character Aaron Livesy's sexuality plot was nominated for 'Best Storyline'. However, despite the nods, he went home empty-handed.

As a whole, Emmerdale was nominated in every single category this year, but the show's only recognition on the night went to long-serving writer Bill Lyons, who won the 'Lifetime Achievement' award.

As Payne was interviewed on This Morning today, host Phillip Schofield - who fronted the BSAs - said that he thought the rural soap had been "robbed".

Payne agreed: "We did actually, but there you go. Ever was it thus."

The actress, who plays Viv Hope on the serial, added: "Danny should have got his. Absolutely. There's been some really strong storylines there."

He should have won

lizann
21-05-2010, 10:14
I watched the show last night and it looked like Lacey and Charlie (Stacey and Bradley from EE) didnt look happy at all even when winning they looked like they didnt want to be there.

I am glad that none of the Hollyoaks girls made the final four for sexiest female even though they are in countless lads mags you could see the actresses who play Mercedes and Carmel werent happy about it

Hollyoaks has been crap this year it deserved no awards imo

Emmerdale deserved more

BTW who introduced EE as a best soap contender?

Is was great seeing Claire King back introducing Emmerdale could she maybe come back to the show now (she looked like may have had some work done to herself)