Pages : 1 [2]

Dazzle
29-05-2015, 02:26
was simon really that close to kal?

In a word - no.

parkerman
29-05-2015, 09:02
In a word - no.

Though, to be fair, we didn't see much of their home life. Simon must have got quite close to Kal (off screen) as he was with Leanne.

lizann
29-05-2015, 11:03
In a word - no.

yes thought same we did see him with zeedan a bit but never with kal any interactions

he lost nick and peter ok not to death and didn't beat up leanne

lizann
29-05-2015, 11:03
In a word - no.

yes thought same we did see him with zeedan a bit but never with kal any interactions

he lost nick and peter ok not to death and didn't beat up leanne

Perdita
29-05-2015, 11:08
Maybe Kal's death was the straw that broke the camel's back - poor mite has not had it easy in his short life :(

Dazzle
29-05-2015, 12:48
Though, to be fair, we didn't see much of their home life. Simon must have got quite close to Kal (off screen) as he was with Leanne.

It would have been nice to show them being close given that Kal's death will spark such violent consequences. We had one scene at the wedding but I don't remember them interacting before that.

I agree that Kal's death will be traumatic to Simon because he was living with them but it would have made sense to show them as a tight family unit.

tammyy2j
29-05-2015, 13:29
Maybe Kal's death was the straw that broke the camel's back - poor mite has not had it easy in his short life :(

And also to lose Grandma Deirdre as well

swmc66
29-05-2015, 15:38
peter coming back for the funeral will mess his head up again too

parkerman
29-05-2015, 15:41
Yes, I agree, Dazzle. If it's going to be the catalyst for Simon's actions more needs to have been made of his relationship with Kal but maybe it is everything coming together as tammy and sw have said.

Perdita
01-06-2015, 11:57
Coronation Street star Jane Danson wants an on-screen reunion for the Battersby family. :thumbsup::D

The actress got nostalgic on ITV's This Morning today (June 1) while discussing the past and future for Leanne, who is the only Battersby still remaining in Weatherfield.

Leanne joined the cobbles in 1997 with her father Les, stepmum Janice and stepsister Toyah - with the new arrivals initially portrayed as a family from hell.

Reflecting on their early stories today, Danson laughed: "They came with a shopping trolley, all their rubbish and we really shook the cobbles at the time and caused a bit of a stir - and everybody hated us!

"Happy, happy days. My kind of mission is to reunite the Battersbys together - I miss them so much!"
http://i2.cdnds.net/12/44/618x414/soaps_corrie_battersbys.jpg
Coronation Street's Battersby family on their arrival in the soap - 1997
© PA Images / PA Archive
The Battersbys arrive in 1997

Leanne took centre stage in a dramatic storyline last week as she helped to save Carla Connor and Amy Barlow from the huge fire at Victoria Court. Unfortunately, her heroics also had tragic consequences as her partner Kal Nazir (Jimi Mistry) lost his life while helping with the rescue attempt.

Over the next few weeks, the drama continues for Leanne as she continues to blame Carla for the deadly blaze, and also finds herself on the receiving end of violence from her troubled stepson Simon.

Danson added: "That's the great thing about storylines like this - they open the door for new stories. So this opens up another storyline for Leanne with young Simon and it also opens up a new relationship with Carla, because we've not really seen the two together [for a while]. We've not had scenes together for a long time. Obviously they're still at loggerheads, but it's quite fun to play.

"The [Simon] storyline opens up from the death of Kal, really. I think in his young life, he's gone through so much. He's lost so many people close to him - his mum, his dad has left, Kal died. Obviously at some point in the story, we play out that Deirdre has died.

"He's lost a lot of people that are close to him, so it's his way of dealing with that. Unfortunately that means that Leanne is on the tail end of it."

Not going to happen, certainly not with Bruce Jones as Les but would be nice :)

lizann
01-06-2015, 13:14
eva and toyah should come back now to help leanne

swmc66
01-06-2015, 15:45
Toyah and even Les would be good

swmc66
01-06-2015, 15:51
We have all mentioned how Beth and Sarah do not look like mother and daughter. Simon looks mixed race and with African Caribbean heritage. I remember his biological mother and he does not bear any resemblance at all neither to Peter his Dad. As the actor is getting older the different its even more apparent. We have to suspend belief again I suppose.

Dazzle
01-06-2015, 15:56
We have all mentioned how Beth and Sarah do not look like mother and daughter. Simon looks mixed race and with African Caribbean heritage. I remember his biological mother and he does not bear any resemblance at all neither to Peter his Dad. As the actor is getting older the different its even more apparent. We have to suspend belief again I suppose.

I don't think it's a big issue and they'd be foolish (and cruel) to recast him as he's a good little actor. This is a time where I'm happy to suspend my belief.

maidmarian
01-06-2015, 16:21
I don't think it's a big issue and they'd be foolish (and cruel) to recast him as he's a good little actor. This is a time where I'm happy to suspend my belief.

Sometimes genetics go back more than one
generation.A young relative of mine is
quite dark-skinned has dark eyes and black
hair. He had a maternal great grand father
of Afro- Caribbean descent. His sister( they have
same motherAND father ) is fair haired fair skinned
and blue eyes. His skin tone has deepened now
he is in his teens and they occasionally get
"remarks" when he and his sister are together
but people who know them - just accept them
without comment!

maidmarian
01-06-2015, 16:21
Dupl

LostVoodoo
03-06-2015, 21:34
Ha, loving that old Battersby photo and Leanne looking like Ginger Spice!

Have always wanted Toyah back, didn't she and Spider leave together?

LostVoodoo
03-06-2015, 21:34
Ha, loving that old Battersby photo and Leanne looking like Ginger Spice!

Have always wanted Toyah back, didn't she and Spider leave together?

swmc66
03-06-2015, 22:25
I have heard that happens

swmc66
03-06-2015, 22:26
I was responding to the genetics info

lizann
05-06-2015, 01:52

simon looks more like a mini lloyd :p

inkyskin
09-06-2015, 12:10
I can not stand the character that is simon, every time he does that lunge hug thing i cringe!

swmc66
10-06-2015, 08:35
I cant stand her calling him Si all the time

Perdita
15-06-2015, 10:45
Coronation Street's Leanne Tilsley will face a frightening ordeal next month as Liz McDonald's new love interest turns violent with her. :eek:

Liz has recently caught the eye of brewery worker Dan Jones (Andrew Paul) and is hoping that he can bring some happiness to her life following her split from Tony Stewart.

Despite the early signs looking good, viewers will soon learn that Dan has a murky past when Leanne (Jane Danson) reveals that he was one of her clients when she worked as a prostitute.

When Leanne tells Liz that Dan is bad news as he used to be violent with her, the Rovers landlady takes heed of the warning and calls time on the romance.

With Dan livid over Leanne's intervention, he soon takes his revenge by cornering her in her flat and holding her hostage with her stepson Simon, according to The Sun today (June 15).

Dan once again shows his dangerous side as his fiery temper is unleashed at Leanne, leaving viewers to wonder whether she and Simon will make it out of the situation unscathed.

Beverley Callard, who plays Liz, first hinted at the story last month - warning that her character's new man wouldn't be all he seemed.

She said at the time: "Liz knows Dan already because he works at the brewery. Even though the viewers have not seen him before, the backstory is that he has already taken a shine to Liz in the past. Liz almost said yes to a date with him, but then Tony came along and took all her attentions.

"Liz sees Dan again and they begin to date, but what she doesn't know is that he has history with another character on Coronation Street already."

Leanne's latest trauma will come just weeks after the tragic death of her partner Kal Nazir and her subsequent troubles with Simon, who will be lashing out at her in a domestic violence storyline over the summer.

swmc66
15-06-2015, 12:48
good on Leanne for telling Liz... others would not have in same situation

Dazzle
15-06-2015, 16:54
Despite the early signs looking good, viewers will soon learn that Dan has a murky past when Leanne (Jane Danson) reveals that he was one of her clients when she worked as a prostitute.

Very good twist!

lizann
15-06-2015, 17:01
Very good twist!

yes agree good storyline surprised more of leannes johns besides paul connor has not been introduced

lizann
15-06-2015, 17:01
Very good twist!

yes agree good storyline surprised more of leannes johns besides paul connor has not been introduced

Perdita
01-07-2015, 08:59
Leanne is blackmailed by Dan
Leanne Battersby is left with nowhere to turn in next week’s Coronation Street when Dan Jones threatens her.
The Bistro boss was shocked when she realised Dan, who was one of her former clients when she worked as a prostitute, is dating Liz McDonald.
When she threatens to tell Liz the truth about Dan, he advises her to keep her mouth shut or in turn he’ll tell Simon that she used to work as a prostitute.
Angry at finding herself blackmailed, Leanne has little choice but to agree to Dan’s request to keep quiet.
Meanwhile Simon Barlow’s behaviour takes a turn for the worse as he lashes out at Leanne when she doesn’t get him the trainers her was hoping to get for his birthday. He’s then disappointed when Ken Barlow presents him with a computer game he’s already got, and he then refuses to go for a birthday tea with Leanne, telling her that she’s a useless mum and he hates her.
His outburst leaves Leanne shocked, frightened of what Simon is turning into. But that’s not the only problem facing Leanne......

swmc66
09-07-2015, 08:23
Liz accusing Dan in front of daughter and boss is asking for trouble with a character like Dan. Maybe he would not have revenge in mind if his job and relationship with his daughter were not ruined.

swmc66
14-07-2015, 20:14
I don't normally think highly of child actors but i think the one playing Simon is doing a good job. amy's not so bad either

swmc66
16-07-2015, 23:47
I am actually starting to feel sorry for Dan

parkerman
16-07-2015, 23:53
Yes, he looks like a real gentleman. Not violent at all.

Dazzle
16-07-2015, 23:57
I am actually starting to feel sorry for Dan

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked003.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

He's a complete nutter!!!

swmc66
16-07-2015, 23:59
I think everyone deserves a second chance and this stories not black and white for me. Leanne should have reported him when he beat her up especially if she thought others were at risk back then. i think he is acting like he is as he is desperate

Dazzle
17-07-2015, 00:20
I think everyone deserves a second chance and this stories not black and white for me. Leanne should have reported him when he beat her up especially if she thought others were at risk back then. i think he is acting like he is as he is desperate

I don't think prostitutes generally report being beaten up as they unfortunately see it as a hazard of the job. Leanne knows men prone to violence against women is unlikely to change, so of course she's worried to see him with Liz. Plus what he did tonight was completely unprovoked!

There's a reason for Clare's Law (which gives women the right to check if their partners have a history of violence).

I agree about second chances, but equally Liz deserves to know Dan's history so she can make an informed decision about whether she wants to carry on seeing him.

tammyy2j
17-07-2015, 00:44
Liz rushed into a relationship with Dan too soon and quick after Tony

He is dark and violent and has an attitude that women are lesser equals to him, he was angry when Carla beat him at poker

tammyy2j
17-07-2015, 00:44

swmc66
17-07-2015, 04:35
I know your right...especially as i know whats comng up. If Leanne is brave enough to tell Liz and other people are still at risk she should report him now even though it happened years ago maybe other people would come forward.

alan45
20-07-2015, 20:05
Interview with Jane Danson (Leeanne)

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/extras/leanne-in-danger-jane-danson-interview

lizann
22-07-2015, 22:07
zeedan and leanne getting close will it go farther hope not

swmc66
22-07-2015, 22:36
I don't think so. I think he has too much respect for his dad. Simon does care for Leanne but for a child they cannot understand people making mistakes and having big regrets in life. Its all black and white to them. Then part of me feels angry as she is the only one whose tried to raise him properly when his family have let him down particularly his dad.

Dazzle
23-07-2015, 02:59
Then part of me feels angry as she is the only one whose tried to raise him properly when his family have let him down particularly his dad.

It's often the ones closest who pay for other people's failings. My poor mother had a terrible time with me (no violence though!!) as a teenager and young adult. She got payback though as my daughter did the same to me! :o

swmc66
23-07-2015, 22:06
I think most of us at one time all think parents are hard work. It's normal but we appreciate them in the end.

alan45
04-08-2015, 00:28
Troubled Leanne Tilsley has to consider whether to seek help on Coronation Street next week as her young stepson Simon Barlow continues to be violent towards her.

As Simon's rages spiral further out of control, Leanne's loved ones start to ask questions about her mysterious injuries - making it increasingly difficult for her to keep covering for him.

Here, Jane Danson - who plays Leanne - explains how her character copes as Simon's bad behaviour escalates.

How is Leanne coping now that a few weeks have passed since Kal's death?
"Leanne is really struggling and she's reached a really low point. I would like to see her have some happiness, but I think I have to accept that she's just not one of those characters! At the heart of it though, she's still a Battersby and she's tough - but she is suffering, especially without Kal for support."

What does Leanne put Simon's recent rage down to?
"Leanne knows what it all comes down to and I think that's the reason why she keeps it to herself and doesn't let anybody in on it. She worries that other people won't understand Simon's behaviour and that they'll think badly of him, and quite possibly badly of her too!

"He's had a really rocky upbringing and recently it's been one thing after another with the deaths of Kal and Deirdre, as well as Peter coming back briefly and then leaving him again."

Does Leanne feel partly responsible?
"I think it's normal for every parent to blame themselves when something goes wrong and Leanne definitely questions whether she's done what she can for Simon and if she could have done more for him.

"Deep down Leanne knows that she's done what she can, but Simon's behaviour has taken an even darker turn since he found about Leanne's past from Dan. She feels absolutely terrible and mortified that he knows about her old work.

"Leanne has always been the one constant in Simon's life - the person he's always felt he could trust and rely on who was always there for him. Now he sees that she's flawed just like everybody else in his life has been."

http://i2.cdnds.net/15/31/618x347/soaps-corrie-8704-3.jpg
© ITV
Leanne is struggling with Simon's behaviour

What hurts Leanne the most about Simon's behaviour?
"All of it is painful for Leanne. He's always been her little boy and her constant, ever since he came into her life. Now all of a sudden she's the worst person in the world to him. He starts to call her 'Leanne' which is really, really hurtful to her. She can handle the physical bruises but the hatred in him towards her sometimes is really hard for her to take, especially when she's only ever tried to do her best for him."

Next week, Simon steals a bottle of vodka from the Bistro and gets drunk with his friends. Does this touch a nerve for Leanne given his dad's history with alcohol?
"Yes, Leanne probably thinks that Simon has grown up with a father who constantly turns to the bottle whenever things get tough, so Simon might have observed that behaviour. More than anything, she is horrified that he's managed to get his hands on the booze. She feels like he's slipping through the net and she just can't keep up with him.

"Leanne is absolutely fuming with Simon and she cannot believe he would do this to her. I think she's humiliated and can't believe he's gone this far. She puts a stop to it and is just too angry to even look at him."

What happens when Leanne gets a drunken Simon back home?
"Leanne is too angry to listen to Simon as he tries to make excuses and blame other people. She knows he's lying and that he's deliberately trying to be destructive and cause trouble for her.

"Because Leanne tries to stand up to him and claw back some control, Simon isn't having any of it and screams at her that he'd rather be in care than living with her and pushes her. Leanne just doesn't know what to do - she's actually quite scared at that point, especially because he's drunk."

http://i2.cdnds.net/15/31/618x347/soaps-corrie-8706-3.jpg
© ITV
Simon and his friends get drunk

http://i2.cdnds.net/15/31/618x347/soaps-corrie-8706-2.jpg
© ITV
Leanne is horrified by Simon's behaviour

Simon definitely seems to be spiralling out of control, so how worried is Leanne about him?
"She's at a complete loss about what to do. Simon's missing that male figure in his life and Leanne is worried about it. Kal's gone and Peter came and went again in the blink of an eye, which also really set Simon back. She's worried about the state of their relationship and whether he'll ever stop his behaviour and see how damaging he's being."

Simon does show some remorse at one point, telling Leanne that he can't control his anger. How does she react to that?
"She's really saddened by that and scared by it too. Leanne obviously really wants to help him, but it's a vicious circle. Sometimes she's just so happy when he's nice to her and back to normal that she clings to it by rewarding him for it. She'll give him a hug or tell him he can have something he's wanted for ages."

Why does Leanne lie to Zeedan and Ken when they start asking questions about her injuries?
"She's really embarrassed by it and wants to deal with it on her own - she doesn't want to be defeated. Her and Simon have always been a little team and she's determined enough to want to deal with it on her own."

Unfortunately, Simon turns violent yet again - causing Leanne to push him off and he cuts his arm. How does she feel then?
"Her heart sinks. She doesn't want to hurt Simon, as he's still a little boy in her eyes and she's devastated that it's come to this. They have to go to the medical centre but they just brush it off and don't go into any detail with the doctors at all about what happened."

http://i2.cdnds.net/15/28/618x420/soaps-corrie-8690-3.jpg
© ITV
Simon launches another attack on Leanne

Ken invites Leanne and Simon round to discuss what's going on, but Simon begs Leanne to keep quiet. Does Leanne want to tell Ken by that point?
"Yes and no. I think she is slowly reaching a point where she is realising that this can't go on and she can't do this on her own anymore, so maybe she will have to let someone in. But as soon as Simon begs her not to tell Ken, she agrees and gives in to him. I think ultimately it makes him even worse every time she gives him his own way."

Has she considered getting professional help?
"She's living a bit of a nightmare at the minute and she doesn't know what to do. Every time Simon is nasty or abusive, he's then nice again a bit later and she thinks they can sort it out. Leanne doesn't have a support network to lean on, so eventually she will probably have to consider some form of help. She doesn't want to be defeated though."

Has this been a difficult storyline to work on?
"This has been a hard storyline, but myself and Alex [Bain, who plays Simon] have worked on it together and gone through everything with one another to make sure we're both happy. Alex has done so well and I'm so proud of him."

Perdita
27-01-2016, 20:35
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/03/980x490/landscape-1453222456-05-02-coro-leanne-tom.JPG

She has had a horrendous time over the past year, but things will finally start to look up for Leanne Battersby on Coronation Street next week.

Leanne (Jane Danson) was left grief-stricken last year when her partner Kal Nazir died in the Victoria Court fire, and she has been subjected to a string of domestic abuse from her step-son Simon ever since.

Despite having had a very turbulent few months, Leanne's luck looks set to change when she has her head turned by a handsome stranger.

A positive week for Leanne will kick off after Simon returns from a successful counselling session.

Pleased that the schoolboy finally seems to be making some progress, Leanne agrees to go clubbing with Ev​​a following some encouragement from a supportive Zeedan.

Once out, Leanne is approached by a good-looking guy called Tom who chats her up in the bistro and gives her his phone number.​

Leanne is flattered by the attention, but could this be the start of happier times for Leanne?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Friday, February 5 on ITV.

maidmarian
27-01-2016, 21:38
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/03/980x490/landscape-1453222456-05-02-coro-leanne-tom.JPG

She has had a horrendous time over the past year, but things will finally start to look up for Leanne Battersby on Coronation Street next week.

Leanne (Jane Danson) was left grief-stricken last year when her partner Kal Nazir died in the Victoria Court fire, and she has been subjected to a string of domestic abuse from her step-son Simon ever since.

Despite having had a very turbulent few months, Leanne's luck looks set to change when she has her head turned by a handsome stranger.

A positive week for Leanne will kick off after Simon returns from a successful counselling session.

Pleased that the schoolboy finally seems to be making some progress, Leanne agrees to go clubbing with Ev​​a following some encouragement from a supportive Zeedan.

Once out, Leanne is approached by a good-looking guy called Tom who chats her up in the bistro and gives her his phone number.​

Leanne is flattered by the attention, but could this be the start of happier times for Leanne?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Friday, February 5 on ITV.

Lets hope theres is some happiness for Leanne.
With her luck the "handsome stranger" could be
one of those weirdos that target single mothers
-to gain access to their children!

Dazzle
28-01-2016, 02:11
I like that actor playing Leanne's new mystery man. I think he used to be John Nettles' sidekick in Midsomer Murders years ago. I hope he's staying around (though not as a paedophile who's after Simon as maidmarian suggests above! :eek:).

swmc66
29-01-2016, 23:37
Hope not as Simon has been through enough already.

maidmarian
29-01-2016, 23:47
Hope not as Simon has been through enough already.

So do I - but they do pile a lot of stories on
the same characters. Easy way out!

tammyy2j
31-01-2016, 00:11
Simon Barlow will lash out again when he sees his step-mum Leanne Battersby flirting with his football manager.

Life will start to look up for Leanne (Jane Danson) when Simon's bad behaviour finally seems to be turning a corner, and she later meets a handsome stranger called Tom in the Bistro.

Sadly, Leanne's run of good luck looks set to come to an end when she defies Simon's wishes for her not to attend his upcoming football match.

Deciding to head to the game regardless of Simon's feelings, Leanne is surprised to see Tom there and they soon get chatting.

However, this only serves to infuriate Simon (Alex Bain), who is not only annoyed with Leanne for turning up to the game in the first place, but is furious to see her chatting up the manager.

After laying into Leanne at half-time, Simon then takes his fury out during the football match by tackling another player to the ground.

Leanne watches on in horror as the boy writhes in pain, but will she take more serious action this time?

swmc66
13-02-2016, 11:11
I think it wont be long when Simon disappears to portsmouth and then three years later appears looking like something out of a catologue with a new face.

Perdita
03-06-2016, 11:51
Coronation Street's Leanne Battersby will discover that she is pregnant in a bombshell new storyline this summer.

Leanne (Jane Danson) will be stunned to learn that she's expecting a baby after she has a shocking one-night stand with Rovers boss Steve McDonald, according to a report in The Sun today. :eek:

It's thought that the unlikely pair will sleep together after Steve (Simon Gregson) splits from his wife Michelle Connor in the wake of finding out that she cheated on him with Will Chatterton.

Although Steve regrets going on the rebound and later reunites with Michelle, his reckless behaviour reportedly comes back to haunt him when Leanne drops her baby bombshell.

Corrie sources have revealed that Steve wants Leanne to terminate the pregnancy, but she refuses and leaves him in complete turmoil as Michelle (Kym Marsh) is bound to discover the truth sooner or later.

Doctors had previously told Leanne that she would find it difficult to conceive, as one of her fallopian tubes was damaged when she fell down a set of stairs and suffered a miscarriage in 2011.

It's no surprise that Leanne would want to cling onto what could be her only chance to have a baby of her own, but will she be able to deal with the inevitable drama that will surely follow with Steve and Michelle?

Coronation Street bosses have yet to comment on the rumoured storyline, but viewers will see Steve and Michelle hit the rocks next week as the truth about her near-fling with Will is exposed.

Digital Spy

What utter BS storyline if this is going to happen ... ffs scriptwriters, get your mind away from one-night stands and unwanted pregnancies because none of the females of child bearing age take contraception and have never heard of the morning after pill :angry::angry::angry:

parkerman
03-06-2016, 11:56
Gasp! What an original storyline. How do they think them up? I don't think this has ever been done before? Well, at least, not after the first zillion times anyway.

lizann
03-06-2016, 12:08
pair leanne with robert or steve, let the have a baby as a couple instead of secret one night stand tryst, robert would be better wind up tracy so would her with steve plus a half sibling for amy

Dalesfan
03-06-2016, 18:17
What BS! A random hook up and a miracle baby. Really poor. Not against the baby thing but the choice of father. At least let her have a baby with someone worthwhile who she has lots of history with

Perdita
03-06-2016, 18:19
Leanne should get with Robert and get pregnant by him, certainly not Steve :angry:

swmc66
03-06-2016, 21:33
Interesting. In real life the actress has PCOS a condition that affects fertility. Cant believe it is steve it should have been Nick would have given him a bit of happiness

Perdita
28-06-2016, 16:44
Coronation Street spoilers: Simon Barlow reunites Nick and Leanne Tilsley?
Despite her recent ill advised romp with a mystery man, there could still be hope for Leanne and Nick Tilsley’s reunion in Coronation Street as Simon Barlow declares that they have always meant to be together.
Keen to move on from her recent poor decisions, Leanne puts her kiss with Nick behind her and invites her relieved ex to Simon’s party to show that there are no hard feelings. Nick kindly offers to take Simon to the cinema and for a burger as a birthday treat.
When he later finds Leanne struggling to get up to her flat, she admits she is suffering from back pain and he steps in to help, aiding her up the stairs and offering to take Simon out so she can rest.As she confides in him that she hates her new job, he is sympathetic to her.
Leanne is delighted to see that Simon has had a great day with Nick and she is grateful that her good friend has helped him be his old happy self. Thanking Nick, she insists that he stays for a drink and as they share a bottle of wine, Nick massages Leanne’s bad back.There is clearly a spark between them and, after Nick leaves, Leanne is thoughtful when Simon tells her she should get back with Nick as he has always been the one. While Leanne is amused, it’s clear Simon’s words have registered with her.
Could a reunion be on the cards?

lizann
29-06-2016, 22:22
so is her mystery man steve

Perdita
30-06-2016, 04:40
so is her mystery man steve

Unless previous spoilers are trying to throw a red herring about Steve making her pregnant in record time it must have been

tammyy2j
30-06-2016, 13:40
Does she get back with Nick, he will think the baby is his unless she is honest at the start which would be a nice change in a soap

parkerman
30-06-2016, 15:08
Soap....honest? No, sorry, computer says no!

tammyy2j
30-06-2016, 15:14
Soap....honest? No, sorry, computer says no!

I hope Leanne Battersby has truly grown up and matured, honesty is best :thumbsup:

Perdita
30-06-2016, 15:59
I hope Leanne Battersby has truly grown up and matured, honesty is best :thumbsup:

When has this EVER happened? :p

tammyy2j
30-06-2016, 23:07
When has this EVER happened? :p

Always a first time

Perdita
01-07-2016, 04:25
Always a first time

:eek: You might be right :D:bow:

lizann
11-07-2016, 22:21
she couldn't be up duffy this soon from her mystery plugging

lizann
23-07-2016, 00:02
lets predict, best mates with michelle suddenly, simon thinks peter is the father, tells tracy who brings him back then discovers it is steve fights with leanne and blackmails steve

Perdita
23-07-2016, 04:46
Coronation Street may have revealed Steve McDonald as the father of Leanne Battersby's baby pretty quickly - but you can expect this storyline to run on for a long, long time yet.

Show producer Kate Oates has been speaking about the big reveal, promising that Steve and Leanne's scandalous secret will spark some major drama running well into 2017.

Friday's double bill of Corrie finally confirmed that Steve (Simon Gregson) is the mystery man who got Leanne pregnant when they had a one-night stand a few weeks ago.

With Leanne (Jane Danson) adamant that she's keeping the baby, she's promised Steve that she expects nothing from him and they can carry on as normal. But - you guessed it - things certainly won't be that simple and Steve's marriage to Michelle will no doubt be under threat in the long-run.

Teasing all the drama to come, Oates revealed: "This baby is an accident, but it's a longed-for baby for Leanne. As viewers will know, she thought that she couldn't have children.

"So for Leanne this is a miracle baby and it's definitely one that she wants to keep hold of. The only problem is that it's kind of precluding her getting back together with Nick, who is the love of her life - along with Peter, who is the erstwhile love of her life!

"Leanne doesn't feel that she can get together with Nick, because she doesn't feel that she can start a relationship with somebody without being honest about who the father of this child is."

She continued: "If Leanne is honest about who the father is, then she's going to blow apart the marriage over the road and rock the very foundations of the pub. Leanne is making a massive sacrifice, but Nick is persistent and Nick adores her.

"The question is, when he discovers that Leanne is pregnant, whether that's a hurdle Nick can overcome and whether he's willing to bring up another man's child. Also, when he discovers who that father is, how he deals with it.

"Obviously it's one thing when this guy is an unknown, but it's another when this guy is a neighbour and it's Steve McDonald! So when Nick is in possession of this information, it's safe to say that things will kick off between him and Steve - and obviously therefore threaten Steve's precious marriage."

If that wasn't complicated enough, Michelle (Kym Marsh) also decides that she wants another baby next week - and it's now been confirmed that she'll be expecting sooner rather than later.

Oates added: "Michelle also decides that it'd be a great idea to have a baby, so Steve goes from not necessarily wanting any more children to potentially fathering two.

"The drama that we're going to uncover is how Steve juggles that, and what it does to him having Leanne over the road with a burgeoning bump. He knows that it's his child in there that he's got to close his mind off from, whilst being excited for Michelle who's really keen to be a mother again.

"We've got some really good drama coming up along there. I think we're going to see some amazing performances from all the cast involved.

"I'm really excited to see what Jane and Kym do with these storylines, so I hope it's one that people enjoy unfolding - especially over Christmas and into winter and spring time next year. That's when all of that will be really, really big."

Digital Spy

lizann
23-07-2016, 14:55
it wasn't a few weeks it was barely 2

Perdita
23-07-2016, 16:47
For having a damage tube, she sure is fertile and Steve has strong active little tadpoles :p

lizann
23-07-2016, 21:52
For having a damage tube, she sure is fertile and Steve has strong active little tadpoles :p

the speed at which she became pregnant after a romp 2 weeks ago, some super swimmers stevie has got

lizann
23-07-2016, 21:52

the speed at which she became pregnant after a romp 2 weeks ago, some super swimmers stevie has got

tammyy2j
24-07-2016, 00:04
I hope she gets back with Peter now he is returning

Steve is good friends with both Peter and Nick

lizann
25-07-2016, 20:58
http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/692426/Coronation-Street-Leanne-Peter-romance

a peter or nick reunion

lizann
25-07-2016, 20:58
http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/692426/Coronation-Street-Leanne-Peter-romance

a peter or nick reunion

Perdita
10-08-2016, 07:49
Pregnant Leanne Battersby will consider leaving Weatherfield next week as the pressure of her baby secret starts to build up.
Coronation Street fans will know she's expecting Steve McDonald's baby following a drunken one night stand, a tryst they would both rather forget and not reveal to anyone, but Leanne is caught off guard next week when Steve's mum Liz makes it very obvious that she knows what's happened.
Leanne pours her heart out to Liz and explains how she wishes she could be with Nick Tilsley but it’s impossible as she’s carrying Steve’s baby. Reaching a decision, she announces that from now on, the baby is her only priority and with her mind made up, Leanne spells out to Liz that neither she nor Steve will have anything to do with her baby, leaving the Rovers boss sad at the thought she won't be involved in her own grandchild's life.
Across the cobbles there is more pressure for Leanne at the Bistro as she struggles with Nick's feelings towards her. While she's out of earshot Robert Preston advises Nick to sort out his relationship with Leanne as the tension between them is affecting the business. Nick takes his words on board and apologises to Leanne, promising that from now on they’re just friends and he’ll stop hassling her.
While it may have relieved some of the pressure from Leanne’s shoulders, she's secretly gutted and when Nick flirts with a customer she can help but feel jealous. Nick continues to flirt with the hen party much to Leanne’s irritation and makes matters worse when he leaves her to manage the bistro and heads off with the hen party to a club in town.
At the bistro the next day a hungover Nick describes his night out with the hens while Leanne does her best to mask her jealousy but it becomes too much and she makes a big decision. She later breaks the news to Simon that they’re going to live with Toyah in Liverpool, he's horrified and confronts Nick, hoping he can shed some light on Leanne’s sudden decision to up sticks and move away.
Nick is stunned at the news and as begging Simon to go along with her story, Leanne tells Nick that she’s only going to Liverpool for a week or two as Toyah needs a shoulder to cry on. Nick’s supportive and offers to look after Simon while she’s away leaving Leanne consumed with guilt.
Putting the ball firmly in his court, Leanne then tells Simon he can either move to Liverpool with her or stay in Weatherfield with Nick. :eek:

ITV

lizann
11-08-2016, 01:32
would she let simon stay with ken than nick

TaintedLove
11-08-2016, 03:48
would she let simon stay with ken than nick

Maybe that`s how Peter Barlow comes back into it.
:searchme:

swmc66
11-08-2016, 11:05
if Simon was messed up before he will be even more so with these type of throw away comments. Why did she fight Peter to get Simon if she is ready to let him go now. So Simon was right to query the difference between him and her own biological child then?

tammyy2j
11-08-2016, 11:08
if Simon was messed up before he will be even more so with these type of throw away comments. Why did she fight Peter to get Simon if she is ready to let him go now. So Simon was right to query the difference between him and her own biological child then?

Yes I agree not happy Leanne would do that

Perdita
16-08-2016, 18:12
Coronation Street won't be exploding Leanne Battersby and Steve McDonald's baby secret for a long, long time yet - but Jane Danson already knows exactly how Leanne will deal with the fallout.

Leanne is currently carrying Steve's baby following a one-night stand, but with Michelle Connor about to announce that she's expecting his child too, the stage is certainly set for some unmissable Corrie drama.

Steve slept with Leanne while he and Michelle were separated earlier this year. So if Leanne does get painted as 'the other woman' when the truth eventually comes out, she definitely won't be standing for that.

Speaking about a possible showdown between Leanne and Michelle, Jane laughed: "I think that'd be quite a good fight, they're both little powerhouses. Although they are both pregnant so shouldn't really be fighting!

"I think it would be more of a verbal slanging match. Michelle would obviously be devastated to know what her husband did, but in Leanne's eyes they were on a break and it takes two to tango.

"Even though she feels guilty, Leanne will come out fighting her corner. She'll never admit she was wrong."

Corrie's new producer Kate Oates has revealed that Leanne and Steve's baby secret will be a long-running storyline, taking the show right the way through to Christmas and beyond. :(

But while that particular bombshell isn't being dropped just yet, news of Leanne's pregnancy will spread next week. And it's usual suspect Tracy Barlow who's to blame when she discovers Leanne is expecting and announces the news to everyone at the Rovers Return.

Jane added: "It's awful - you don't reveal somebody else's baby news, but then it's Tracy Barlow sticking her neck in. She's seen them at the hospital while she was having a kidney check up so Leanne's backed into a corner.

"Because she's not had the time to cook up a story, Nick jumps in and says 'it's mine'. Obviously it's plausible because they're living together and because of their history, but it's not got them off to the best of starts."

Digital Spy

Dazzle
16-08-2016, 18:31
Corrie's new producer Kate Oates has revealed that Leanne and Steve's baby secret will be a long-running storyline, taking the show right the way through to Christmas and beyond. :(

I like long-running storylines as long as they don't get repetitive or just plain ridiculous (thinking of EE's Lucy murder storyline here).

Perdita
16-08-2016, 18:37
I like long-running storylines as long as they don't get repetitive or just plain ridiculous (thinking of EE's Lucy murder storyline here).

I think Nick is going to accept the baby as his and that will work for a while but I can see Michelle having the baby early .. no doubt same time as Leanne is due and Steve will be caught out visiting both his children in hospital ...:D:moonie:

tammyy2j
17-08-2016, 11:28
I think Nick is going to accept the baby as his and that will work for a while but I can see Michelle having the baby early .. no doubt same time as Leanne is due and Steve will be caught out visiting both his children in hospital ...:D:moonie:

Or Michelle will lose her baby or it will die after birth and she steals Leanne's baby :(

Perdita
17-08-2016, 11:34
Or Michelle will lose her baby or it will die after birth and she steals Leanne's baby :(
Please don´t turn Michelle in Ronnie Mitchell :thumbsdow

tammyy2j
17-08-2016, 12:35
Please don´t turn Michelle in Ronnie Mitchell :thumbsdow

In terms of acting, Kym is not up there with Sam, Jessie or Jane for a storyline like this

Dazzle
17-08-2016, 13:57

She already has one switched child, although I think we're all supposed to have forgotten about her real son Alex. :p

tammyy2j
17-08-2016, 14:33
She already has one switched child, although I think we're all supposed to have forgotten about her real son Alex. :p

Oh yes I had forgot :o

Dazzle
17-08-2016, 14:46
Oh yes I had forgot :o

That's hardly surprising since Michelle herself appears to have forgotten about him... :D

lizann
17-08-2016, 19:51
conveniently now leanne will have to work with steve

swmc66
18-08-2016, 12:13
They may have been separate at the time but still married. If they were just going out and broke up then they would not have broken any vows. Call me old fashioned!

Dazzle
18-08-2016, 12:23
They may have been separate at the time but still married. If they were just going out and broke up then they would not have broken any vows. Call me old fashioned!

If you're talking about Steve and Michelle, this is probably one of those subjects upon which everyone will have a different opinion.

Since Michelle left Steve and he thought the marriage was over, I don't consider he cheated - though immediately jumping into bed with someone else certainly paints him in a poor light.

tammyy2j
06-09-2016, 14:33
I am glad Leanne was honest with Nick but I don't like his behaviour with Steve

Perdita
28-09-2016, 15:10
It looks like we are not the only ones excited about Toyah Battersby's long-awaited return to Coronation Street - Jane Danson can't wait either.

Earlier this month, Toyah was revealed as the latest character joining the Corrie comeback craze, with Georgia Taylor confirmed to reprise the role after 13 years away.

Jane - who plays Leanne - discussed her on-screen sister's return for the first time during a chat on Lorraine today (September 29). And it turns out that she can't contain her delight either.

"I can't wait," she said. "Georgia is one of my dearest friends and we are really looking forward to working together again.

"We genuinely, genuinely love each other as well, so we feel like we are sisters to a point. So it's really nice and I'm really looking forward to it."

With Leanne at the centre of one of the show's biggest stories at the moment, Jane also discussed the baby reveal - and more importantly, when it could be.

Fans will know that Leanne is currently pregnant with Steve McDonald's child following a one-night stand a few months back, while his wife Michelle is expecting his baby as well.

"What I like about this story is that they are playing it in real time," she admitted.

"Obviously because of the pregnancy we've got no choice, but when the revelation will be, I actually don't know.

"I don't know if it will be before the baby is born, or after, but needless to say it will cause a few fireworks along the way."

Digital Spy

tammyy2j
11-10-2016, 00:19
Leanne Tilsley and Michelle Connor are set to clash in Coronation Street after the upset wedding planner learns that her friend has told Tracy Barlow about Steve McDonald’s potential genetic condition.

Of course, what Michelle doesn’t know is that Leanne is also carrying Steve’s baby so also has a massive and nervous interest in Steve’s results. When Tracy marches round to confront Steve and Michelle over not telling her about Jim’s condition, Michelle realises that Leanne has told her about the health news and the pregnancy.

While Steve anxiously awaits test results, a furious Michelle seeks a showdown with Leanne and tears a strip off of her for betraying her and spilling her private business to Tracy.

How will Leanne be able to explain her actions – could she be about to reveal the full truth?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/11/coronation-street-spoilers-explosive-showdown-ahead-for-michelle-connor-and-leanne-tilsley-6175949/

parkerman
11-10-2016, 08:55
a furious Michelle seeks a showdown with Leanne and tears a strip off of her for betraying her and spilling her private business to Tracy.

And very much Amy's business I would have thought.

Perdita
11-10-2016, 10:18
And very much Amy's business I would have thought. Yes, it is very much Amy´s business but I can understand Michelle in this instance (:eek:) as Steve and her should have told Tracy, not Leanne

lizann
11-10-2016, 11:25
Yes, it is very much Amy´s business but I can understand Michelle in this instance (:eek:) as Steve and her should have told Tracy, not Leanne

amy and tracy should have been told first straight away

lizann
11-10-2016, 11:25
Yes, it is very much Amy´s business but I can understand Michelle in this instance (:eek:) as Steve and her should have told Tracy, not Leanne

parkerman
11-10-2016, 11:48
Yes, I agree, but if they're not going to tell her, someone has to.

KiwiMonkey
11-10-2016, 13:12
I think its not just the fact that Leanne told Tracy about the fact that Steve, and therefore Amy, may have a genetic condition but also that Michelle is Pregnant, which isn't really Tracy's business, even though I suppose that you could say that it would be Amy's sibling but other than that there's nothing and I still wouldn't say that it would make it Tracy's business still. Leanne definitely shouldn't have told Tracy anything, at least not yet, but should have given some time for Steve to tell Tracy, which we don't know that he wouldn't have done eventually. I think Leanne is just desperate to know for the sake of her own baby and obviously the fact that Steve being the father of her baby being a secret it's limited on what she can do as clearly trying to talk to Steve herself was not working.

KiwiMonkey
11-10-2016, 13:17

I can understand why he would want to give himself sometime as after all it is a shock for him as well as he may himself have the condition, and Tracy isn't known for keeping her mouth shut on things like this. Of course there is a limit to that, after all he is, (at least meant to be), a grown adult and has children of which should be he's main priority and as this could affect them it's not just about him and what he wants.

KiwiMonkey
11-10-2016, 13:17

I can understand why he would want to give himself sometime as after all it is a shock for him as well as he may himself have the condition, and Tracy isn't known for keeping her mouth shut on things like this. Of course there is a limit to that, after all he is, (at least meant to be), a grown adult and has children of which should be he's main priority and as this could affect them it's not just about him and what he wants.

Perdita
03-12-2016, 07:59
Coronation Street’s Jane Danson – There’s unfinished business between Leanne, Nick and Peter
Coronation Street’s Nick Tilsley is going to think pregnant Leanne Battersby is cheating on him with Peter Barlow.
Despite being happy in his relationship with Leanne, Nick can’t help but feel on edge following Peter’s return to the cobbles, knowing the history they have together.
When the Barlows gather at No.1 for an early Christmas Nick is suspicious when he spots Peter secretly removing a present from under the tree and stuff it in a drawer.
Later, while Nick’s distracted Peter slips out of No.1 and surreptitiously books a hotel room as it’s revealed he has a mystery woman he’s determined to get steamy with this Christmas.
As the Barlows settle down to a board game, Nick returns and apologises to Peter for his earlier behaviour. Leanne’s pleased but as she and Peter reminisce about their shared love of Bros, Nick feels left out.
Whilst nobody’s around, Nick pulls out the present which Peter stuffed in a drawer. He’s gutted to see it’s a Bros tape labelled “to the love of my life”.
Is Peter planning to make a move on Leanne? Jane Danson, who plays Leanne, explained: “I think with all of those characters there’s always a bit of unfinished business.
“Genuinely this time around, Leanne is in the most settled position she’s been in but where there’s Peter there’s usually trouble! Peter likes to wind Nick up so there’s a lot of that going on between those two.”
See all the drama unfold from December 19.

https://fb-s-a-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-0/p235x350/15241288_738699572945540_6034181475576166536_n.jpg ?oh=449ebd4041c982a3c5b14cd03c6dfd1a&oe=58FAFE21&__gda__=1488067581_c04fca595611888435b702e83d64ecf 1

swmc66
03-12-2016, 17:34
He probably got it for his mysterious girlfriend. Peter can't be the one Toyah has been having an affair with can she?

Dazzle
03-12-2016, 18:02
He probably got it for his mysterious girlfriend. Peter can't be the one Toyah has been having an affair with can she?

That's the popular theory going around, and the Bros tape could well be an indication of a connection to Leanne.

Perdita
04-12-2016, 18:08
That's the popular theory going around, and the Bros tape could well be an indication of a connection to Leanne.

Maybe her sister Toyah also liked Bros ;) :D

Perdita
04-12-2016, 18:08
Coronation Street: Leanne is rushed to hospital at Christmas

Leanne’s Christmas looks set to be ruined by an epic row between Peter and her boyfriend Nick. It never rains but it pours in Coronation Street and her festive season will go from bad to worse in upcoming episodes of the ITV soap when she is rushed to hospital with a splitting headache.

In scenes to be broadcast on Boxing Day, Leanne has to put her own needs to one side when Toyah’s husband Toby turns up and pleads with her to try and save their marriage.

But as soon as he leaves, Leanne reveals that she is suffering with an agonising headache.

Toyah and Nick are extremely concerned and insist that she should go to hospital to be checked over.

So, is Leanne’s condition serious? And could it affect her unborn child?

Coronation Street

Cherub
09-12-2016, 21:16
Why oh why is Leanne walking like she has a horse between her legs? She's pregnant, not horse-riding! I think she is a great actress except for her 'pregnancy walk' and wish somebody would tell her how silly she looks!

swmc66
09-12-2016, 22:31
It is very annoying.

Perdita
20-01-2017, 10:11
The arrival of a new baby in Coronation Street (or any other soap!) rarely runs smoothly - and there'll be no exception when Leanne Battersby gives birth later this year.

Show bosses are lining up some dramatic scenes for Leanne (Jane Danson) as she goes into labour while stuck in a lift, according to The Sun today.

It's thought that Leanne and her sister Toyah are at Victoria Court when they get trapped in the lift just as her waters break.

With nobody else around to help them, it's down to Toyah to safely deliver the baby boy in some nail-biting scenes.

The storyline is being billed as a "hellish birth" for poor Leanne, who's already been told to avoid all stress after a scare with the baby at Christmas.

The baby is currently at the centre of Coronation Street's biggest secret, as Rovers boss Steve McDonald fathered the child when he had a one-night stand with Leanne last year.

Most people on the cobbles believe that Leanne's partner Nick Tilsley is the father, but Nick, Liz McDonald, Peter Barlow and Steve himself all know the truth.

Steve has recently been hit by tragedy as his wife Michelle Connor was also carrying his baby, but sadly lost the child at 23 weeks.

Kym Marsh and Simon Gregson, who play Michelle and Steve, have been widely praised for their sensitive approach to the storyline - which is all the more poignant as they've both faced similar tragedies in real life.

The heartbreak of baby Ruairi's death has pushed Steve and Michelle's relationship to breaking point - and fans know there'll be even more stormy waters ahead if the truth about Leanne's baby ever comes to light.

Digital Spy

Perdita
20-01-2017, 10:14
Coronation Street's Leanne Battersby and Nick Tilsley will be hoping it's fourth time lucky as they plan to head down the aisle yet again.

The couple will start arranging another wedding as a new storyline sees Nick propose to Leanne, according to The Sun today.

Nick (Ben Price) is currently in a very tricky position as he's agreed to pose as the daddy of Leanne's unborn baby boy, who was actually fathered by Steve McDonald.

You might think this will put the pair's relationship under severe strain as the deception continues, but it looks like the opposite could be true as Nick remains determined to show his commitment to Leanne.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/02/768x498/gallery-1484240939-25-01-coro-leanne-liz-nick-01.jpg
Nick realises that Liz knows the truth in Coronation Street
© ITV
Corrie fans know that Leanne and Nick have a very turbulent history when it comes to weddings.

They originally tied the knot as teenagers in 1998 when they fled to Gretna Green to get hitched, but the marriage later ended in divorce.

A second wedding followed at Christmas 2012 after the pair had reunited years later, but the vows were never actually exchanged as Eva Price caused chaos at the ceremony by revealing that Leanne still had feelings for Peter Barlow.

Just days later, though, Nick and Leanne defied the odds by managing to sort out their problems and they rebooked their wedding for January 2013.

Sadly, this marriage also ended in tears as Nick sustained a brain injury in a car crash and began to lash out at Leanne with angry outbursts.

So, are Leanne and Nick brave or just foolish by deciding to give marriage a try once again? Only time will tell...

Digitall Spy

Ruffed_lemur
21-01-2017, 00:27
I hope they don't get married. Probably lead to trouble if they do.

swmc66
21-01-2017, 09:08
I was trying to explain their relationship to my daughter as she noticed they were getting married. The more i explained their history the more bonkers it all sounded. You know it will not last. Why can't one couple last on the street. In the old days you had a number of long standing couples no matter what problems they have.

lizann
14-02-2017, 10:59
she gives birth to a son oliver and leaves father blank on birth certificate

parkerman
14-02-2017, 14:39
she gives birth to a son oliver and leaves father blank on birth certificate

His father is a blank! :D

swmc66
15-02-2017, 18:56
That is so kind of her for her son. He will only spend years wondering who his father is and maybe pop up on jeremy kyle

lizann
15-02-2017, 19:39

but isn't shooting blanks :p

lizann
15-02-2017, 19:39

but isn't shooting blanks :p

swmc66
20-02-2017, 20:28
So Eva has ok parenting skills then despite leaving a little kid in her responsibility alone at a bus stop Leanne did not say anything to put Eva down. Maybe because she can concieve naturally.

lizann
20-02-2017, 21:27
nice easy free clean lift birth for leanne and what a very healthy sized baby :p how was cord cut?

swmc66
21-02-2017, 04:53
Very unrealisric birth scenes

Glen1
21-02-2017, 12:46
:)
nice easy free clean lift birth for leanne and what a very healthy sized baby how was cord cut?
Judging by the size of that bairn ,he's probably got his milk teeth and would have chewed through it. :crying::D

lizann
21-02-2017, 19:49
:)
Judging by the size of that bairn ,he's probably got his milk teeth and would have chewed through it. :crying::D

explains her cowboy walk given his size and was he premature :p

swmc66
21-02-2017, 21:12
She stopped doing that silly walk after people complained and twitter went into meltdown

Perdita
12-03-2017, 04:04
Coming up on Coronation Street, Leanne Battersby has to decide where her loyalties really lie when the time comes to register baby Oli's birth.

Leanne (Jane Danson) is forced to head to the registry office alone after her fiancé Nick Tilsley forgets all about the important appointment.

Just as Leanne is about to get the ball rolling, she's stunned when Oli's dad Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson) suddenly bursts in and demands to be named on the birth certificate.

Steve's ultimatum leaves Leanne completely torn as she doesn't want Oli's upbringing to be based on lies, but she's also fearful of upsetting Nick, who's still determined that Steve should have no access to his baby.

Knowing how high the stakes are, which way will Leanne go on this one?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Friday, March 17 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

swmc66
12-03-2017, 08:05
Leave it blank?

Perdita
17-03-2017, 05:11
Is Peter Barlow the father??

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3105147/coronation-street-s-jane-danson-hints-peter-barlow-could-be-the-real-father-of-leanne-battersbys-baby/

Glen1
17-03-2017, 14:01

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3105147/coronation-street-s-jane-danson-hints-peter-barlow-could-be-the-real-father-of-leanne-battersbys-baby/
That would be a masterstroke by corrie imo. Although bit suspicious of Jane Danson comments, too freely given?

tammyy2j
19-03-2017, 00:13

I would really love if Peter was, if anyone but Steve was

lizann
25-07-2017, 21:31
i think leanne will offer to be a surrogate for toyah and peter

lizann
27-09-2017, 23:49
is she living back with eva or toyah?

i think will's attack affecting her big time

lizann
10-10-2018, 22:11
i like her with robert

mysangry
11-10-2018, 12:25
she can't help her hair bless her, I would worry about her legs!

tammyy2j
14-10-2018, 22:11
Ali Robert and Michelle knew Leanne they could have given the police her nearest relative contact as in Toyah

Will Eva, Les, Janice or Stella make a return?

parkerman
15-10-2018, 12:08
Ali Robert and Michelle knew Leanne they could have given the police her nearest relative contact as in Toyah

No, I think they will all be too busy washing their hair to be able to get back for the critically ill Leanne.

Perdita
15-10-2018, 12:25

Michelle was coping with Ryan being run over and would not have known her own name, Ali was busy trying to keep Leanne alive before the ambulance came and then left to deal with Ronan .. I suppose Leanne still has Nick's number as In Case of Emergencies stored on her phone which is why he was contacted. Where did Leanne's taxi driver go to after Leanne got hit?? Did she ever get paid???? :hmm:

Perdita
15-10-2018, 12:30

Vicky Entwistle has always said she would not mind returning and I have seen lots of fans requesting her return. I would love to see her coming back myself. Eva has only just gone and will not be back, nor will Stella as she will need to help Eva with Susie :p Bruce Jones has burned his bridges with Corrieas Les Battersby after his inappropriate comments to a reporter and revealing upcoming storylines. They would have to re-cast him ....

lizann
15-10-2018, 21:04
how many visitors can she have, even gail got in

lizann
10-05-2020, 00:12
Coronation Street is set to air a devastating and tragic storyline for Leanne, Steve and Nick when young Oliver is diagnosed with a deadly illness called mitochondrial disease, which may drastically reduce his lifespan

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/08/coronation-street-spoilers-leanne-tilsley-distraught-son-oliver-diagnosed-deadly-illness-12675526/?ito=article.desktop.share.top.twitter?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

lizann
01-07-2020, 00:28
stella eva or janice getting any mention, at least worried about leanne and oliver

tammyy2j
29-11-2020, 23:16
It is a shame no mention at least from Liz Stella or Eva

Is Jane leaving temporary after the funeral, a break from Leanne off to France, all over with Nick?

They is some speculation of a hook up again with Peter and taking an overdose before leaving

swmc66
30-11-2020, 12:43
I just want the focus on leanne to end

Perdita
01-12-2020, 04:05
I just want the focus on leanne to end

It will once the Celebration of Oliver's Life has been held... I presume Jane Danson will have a well deserved break from filming for a while as will Ben Price and Simon Gregson

tammyy2j
07-12-2020, 00:40
I think Leanne tells Nick they are over and leaves for France, leaving Simon behind

swmc66
15-12-2020, 11:06
I think she will cover and protect him soon

mysangry
16-12-2020, 18:04
I think she will cover and protect him soon

Who actually cares?🥱 what with Max being a brat not so long ago, and now we have Nick's little smarty a**e, can we not just have Dylan back, he's a canny kid, 👲
but then he grew up away from the street 🙄

lizann
10-03-2021, 11:18
will she go back on drugs as sells them to repay simon's debts or back on the game, she should speak to nick

lizann
17-03-2021, 13:25
leanne is to help the police bring down harvey and sharon

parkerman
30-03-2021, 12:10
Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson) is in danger when drug dealer Harvey (Will Mellor) finds out she?s a secret police informant, forcing her and Simon Barlow (Alex Bain) to plot their escape from Weatherfield.
Feeling the pressure of the police sting to bust Harvey?s drug network, Leanne alerts the cops to a major narcotics haul being delivered to her flat, while trying not to raise suspicion among the dealers.

Lee panics when Harvey insists on taking Simon to pick up the product and begs she go in her son?s place, but to no avail. When the collection goes awry, angry Harvey tells Leanne he reckons someone set him up, forcing her to come clean she?s the grass! With her and Si?s lives at risk, Leanne knows the only way to stay safe is to leave Weatherfield for good. How will her family react when they discover how deeply in danger Leanne is?

After thinking Harvey was Leanne?s new fella, Nick had given up hope on rekindling their relationship. When he learns his ex is knee-deep in a narcotics investigation that almost got her killed, Mr Tilsley reels ? then learns she?s got to go into hiding.

Declaring his undying love to Lee, Nick pleads for her to take him back so they can deal with this almighty mess together. But too much is already at stake and Leanne tells Nick he has to let her go ? unless he?s prepared to say goodbye to Sam Blakeman (Jude Riordan), the son he?s only just found. When it comes to the crunch, who will Nick choose ? his childhood sweetheart, or his child?

lizann
05-03-2024, 02:52
cult storyline for leanne and simon