PDA

View Full Version : Margot's 'Neighbours' future 'uncertain'

Perdita
27-04-2010, 17:43
Neighbours bosses are battling to keep Margot Robbie on the soap after hearing that she may quit, a report has claimed.

The actress has allegedly told producers that she would like to bow out from her role as Donna Freedman and pursue new projects when her current contract expires at the end of the year.

It is thought that the Neighbours team is now trying to convince Robbie to sign a new deal, but her future as Donna is still said to be uncertain.

A Ramsay Street insider told TV Week: "They're negotiating to renew her contract at the end of the year so no decision has been made. At one stage, it looked like she was definitely leaving, but now things are a bit more optimistic."

A spokesperson for Neighbours' Australian broadcaster Channel Ten insisted: "Margot isn't going anywhere for a long while yet. Producers love the character of Donna Freedman and there's plenty in store for her in the coming months, particularly in terms of her on-off romance with Ringo."

Robbie has previously made no secret of her desire to pursue new roles. In interviews published last year, she revealed that she would like to find work in the US and secure 'grittier' parts.

lizann
27-04-2010, 20:20
I hate Donna I hope she leaves

Jessie Wallace
27-04-2010, 23:16
Oh man i hope she doesn't go, she's a wonderful actress to watch, not the same not Pippa's (Elle) not around, but still fun to watch.

tammyy2j
28-04-2010, 12:31
So many seem to be leaving

eni294
06-05-2016, 10:30
Margot Robbie says she begged Neighbours producers to kill her character off the show... but they refused in case she ever wanted to return

She played the lovable Donna Freedman on the Australian soap, Neighbours.And Hollywood A-lister Margot Robbie has told of how she planned to leave the long-running soap once her contract wrapped up in 2011.

Speaking to*Sunrise*entertainment reporter Nelson Aspen about her pitch to the show's producers, the 25-year-old Wolf Of Wall Street star confessed she wanted her character to be killed off.

Killer ending: Hollywood star Margot Robbie revealed to Sunrise entertainment reporter Nelson Aspen she asked Neighbours producers to kill her character off the show

'I didn't get killed. I asked, but they did not,' the 25-year-old said.*

They said, "if it doesn't work out in America you can have your role back".'Since her departure from the Aussie drama, based in the fictional town of Erinsborough, Margot has continued to make waves in Hollywood.

Second chance: The 25-year-old confessed they refused to kill her character off and said, "if it doesn't work out in America you can have your role back"

Possible return: The blonde beauty told TV Week that she could make a return back to Neighbours

Her first big break was in Martin Scorsese's Wolf of Wall Street alongside*Leonardo Dicaprio.The actress then secured the lead female role of Jess Barrett in the comedy Focus with Will Smith.*Margot's latest acting gig is playing journalist Tanya Vanderpoel in Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot.In the movie she guides Tina Fey's character, Kim Baker, through the rowdy Afghanistan ex-pat social scene.*The Gold Coast native told the morning show reporter it was an opportunity she couldn't turn down.'I've always had this desire to play a reporter or be a reporter,' she said.*Adding: 'That's why I signed on.'

*New role: Margot's latest role is playing journalist Tanya Vanderpoel in Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot

Supporting role: In the movie she guides Tina Fey's character, Kim Baker, through the rowdy Afghanistan ex-pat social scene

Climbing the ranks: The Gold Coast native is also set to appear in film Legend Of Tarzan alongside Alexander Skarsgard

Margot has also been busy promoting her upcoming flick Suicide Squad, in which she plays fictional super villain, Harley Quinn.Suicide Squad follows a group of supervillains imprisoned in an asylum who are offered clemency by a secret government agency in return for carrying out covert black ops.*The two Logie nominated actress is also set to appear in film Legend Of Tarzan alongside Alexander Skarsgard.

Despite securing leading roles in Hollywood flicks, the blonde beauty has admitted that she could make a return Ramsay Street in the near future.

'I wouldn’t say no, I would definitely consider it,' she told*TV Week*in March.*

Anticipated movie:*Margot has also been busy promoting her upcoming flick Suicide Squad, in which she plays fictional super villain Harley Quinn

DAZZLE AND PERDITA: is it ok that I posted this article here? Or do you have any objections? Thanks

CookieTargaryen
06-05-2016, 11:42
I'm glad they didn't kill her off because I only ever wanted good things for Donna, and it would be great if she did a cameo in the future so we can find out whether the shrugalero ever achieved world domination. She was one of my favourite all time characters mostly because Margot was so good.