PDA

View Full Version : Lucy Benjamin to return to Eastenders

alan45
18-04-2010, 00:06
Former EastEnders actress Lucy Benjamin is to make a dramatic one-off return to the soap later this year as Lisa Fowler

The 38-year-old - who made her last appearance in November 2003 - will reprise her Walford role for a single episode, which is due to be filmed in the coming weeks.

Producers are keeping storyline details a closely guarded secret but her character's comeback will see Lisa swoop into Albert Square in a bid to retrieve her daughter Louise (Brittany Papple).

The youngster turned up outside Walford's tube station under mysterious circumstances, having been dropped off by an unidentified driver. Despite Ronnie (Samantha Womack) handing Louise over to Social Services, Louise has since been placed in the care of her father Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden). Lisa's whereabouts, however, have yet to be revealed.

Over the coming weeks, one local resident will secretly contact Lisa, revealing Louise's location to the concerned mother.

Speaking of her decision to make a whistlestop return, Benjamin said: "I'm really looking forward to returning to EastEnders for this episode. It will be great to see some familiar faces and work alongside old friends again."

Executive producer Bryan Kirkwood added: "Lucy's character Lisa was responsible for one of the biggest cliffhanger episodes in EastEnders, so it's a real treat to have her back on screen."

An insider teased: "Lisa Fowler was a major part of Phil's life - she knows him as well as anyone, so she won't be happy about him looking after his daughter.

"With their history, you know that this storyline is going to be an explosive episode in the Mitchells' history."

They added: "Everyone at EastEnders is keeping really tight-lipped about what might happen and what will be revealed about Lisa's past - but it's bound be another event that will leave Phil reeling."

In 2001, Benjamin was at the centre of the 'Who Shot Phil?' plot, which quickly became one of British soap's biggest whodunnit mysteries.

Following a two-month wait, an estimated 22 million viewers tuned in to see her Walford counterpart unveiled as Phil's attempted murderer. In addition, the UEFA Cup semi-final was pushed back by 15 minutes in order for the schedules to accommodate the extended 40-minute screening.

At the end of last year, Benjamin became the first person to be voted off the ninth series of ITV1's jungle reality show I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!.

Perdita
18-04-2010, 06:01
Only to be expected with Louise's appearance in Albert Square

Katy
18-04-2010, 09:41
At least its only a one off, i dont think Eastenders have ever heard of moving frward, all this bringing back old characters is starting to get a bit boring.

Perdita
18-04-2010, 10:33
But with this storyline it would have been strange for the mother not to come for her daughter

alan45
18-04-2010, 12:29
But with this storyline it would have been strange for the mother not to come for her daughter

No stranger than Michelle not coming home for her mothers funeral or any other major Fowler tradgedy

Perdita
18-04-2010, 12:36
You explain that with illness or lack of funds and not able to fly from the USA, I can accept those excuses but not for Lisa not to attempt even to get her daughter back and that would involve her being seen, even if it is just the once

alan45
18-04-2010, 13:48
You explain that with illness or lack of funds and not able to fly from the USA, I can accept those excuses but not for Lisa not to attempt even to get her daughter back and that would involve her being seen, even if it is just the once

Michelle is supposed to be a successful businesswoman in the States. It is unbeliveable and far fetched that she would not have come home for her mothers funeral.

lizann
18-04-2010, 14:06
I hope Phil finishes her off once and for all this time around

parkerman
18-04-2010, 14:22
Michelle is supposed to be a successful businesswoman in the States. It is unbeliveable and far fetched that she would not have come home for her mothers funeral.

Perhaps there was a cloud of Icelandic dust over the UK at the time....

Dazzle
18-04-2010, 16:13
I'm quite looking forward to seeing Lisa again, unlike seeing Kat and Alfie.

Perdita
18-04-2010, 17:32
Hope you don't blink and miss it then, she might be on for a very short time only :lol:

Dazzle
18-04-2010, 17:42
:rotfl:

I wonder if she'll take Louise with her - she'll have a big fight on her hands if she tries.

moonstorm
19-04-2010, 09:49
I'm glad she is coming back, if only to explain why on earth she has abandoned her daughter???

Dazzle
19-04-2010, 15:43
I'm hoping something happened to her rather than she abandoned her. That just doesn't seem like the Lisa I remember.

tammyy2j
19-04-2010, 20:11
I'm not a Lisa fan ut it good she is returning so we know why Louise is with Phil now - Lisa wouldnt let her live with Phil so now we can found out why

inkyskin
19-04-2010, 22:22
'An insider teased: "Lisa Fowler was a major part of Phil's life - she knows him as well as anyone, so she won't be happy about him looking after his daughter.'

and she thinks her daughter has been where for the last few weeks!!!???

alan45
14-06-2010, 00:08
PEGGY Mitchell sports a black eye after falling Fowler of son Phil's ex Lisa.
Lisa Fowler - played by Lucy Benjamin, 39 - is returning to EastEnders for the first time in seven years for a special episode.
She is desperate to get back her daughter Louise, who moved in with dad Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden, 51).

Custody battle ... Louise
ISO images
But over-protective gran Peggy (Barbara Windsor, 72) tries to stop her - and ends up looking worse for wear.
The drama begins as Lisa turns up on Albert Square to get custody of Louise (Brittany Papple).
When Pat Evans (Pam St Clement, 68) and Peggy find out she has the girl they storm over to confront her at the house where she is staying. For once, Peggy does not get her way and emerges with a nasty shiner.
Lucy left the BBC1 soap in 2003 after some dramatic storylines. In one of the soap's biggest-ever whodunnits, she was revealed as the person who shot Phil.
Lucy said: "I'm really looking forward to returning to EastEnders. It will be great to see some familiar faces

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3012472/Peggy-bashed-by-Phils-ex-Lisa.html#ixzz0qmGGZigb

tammyy2j
14-06-2010, 13:14
^ You must be happy at this Alan

Dazzle
14-06-2010, 15:37
Peggy doesn't get her own way for once! Good for you, Lisa. I hope she gets the better of Phil, too.

I'm looking forward to this episode.

Perdita
14-06-2010, 19:43
Lucy Benjamin recently returned to filming with EastEnders as Lisa Fowler for her special one-off episode.

Due to air in August, the special instalment sees Lisa race back to Walford in a bid retrieve her daughter Louise (Brittany Papple) from her ex - and father to the youngster - Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden).

So what's the deal with Lisa, Louise and Phil?

Little is known about the circumstances of Louise's sudden appearance back in March when Lisa apparently dropped her off near the tube station - but was it Lisa driving the car? Was Louise snatched from Lisa's custody?

The initial report pertaining to Lisa's return also indicated that one resident secretly contacts her, confirming Louise's location and residency with Phil.

Meanwhile, a recent storyline leak revealed that Phil is to become addicted to crack cocaine over the coming weeks - is this the reason for Lisa's comeback?

Last month, executive producer Bryan Kirkwood told me: "I'm intrigued to see how [Lisa's] return affects the people who she has connections with - Peggy and Phil. I'm really happy with the reasons for her return..."

Cryptic.

As you can see from my pictures below, Barbara Windsor (Peggy) and Pam St Clement (Pat) were shooting on location with Lucy over the last few days.

Lucy Benjamin papped filming a return to EastEnders as Lisa Fowler

f you look closely at the second image, you'll see that Peggy has a black eye. Surely Lisa doesn't punch The Duchess?!

DS

alan45
14-06-2010, 21:03
^ You must be happy at this Alan

Peggy doesn't get her own way for once! Good for you, Lisa. I hope she gets the better of Phil, too.

I'm looking forward to this episode.

Of Course Im happy. Just wish someone would punch her when she takes centre stage each time Deadenders wins and award

alan45
03-08-2010, 13:51
Lucy Benjamin has spoken out in support of Lisa Fowler's EastEnders comeback plot, admitting that she enjoyed the chance to explore the motivations behind her character's recent behaviour.

Later this week, fans will see Benjamin's alter ego for the first time in almost seven years when Peggy decides that Lisa should be reunited with daughter Louise and pays her a visit.

As Lisa chats to Peggy in Thursday's episode, viewers will discover that she was having a breakdown when she left Louise in Walford, but now has her life back on track.

Speaking on This Morning today, Benjamin explained: "What I liked about doing this storyline was that it did explain where Lisa had been. When I was watching it, I was thinking 'Where's her mother? Where is Lisa? It's just ridiculous'.

"But it does make sense. She is mentally unstable and she does have times like that and the little girl is old enough to make her own decisions and say, 'I want to live with my dad now'. So she had to let her go.

"I liked that I was able to come back and defend myself because Lisa was kind of being slaughtered in the Square for being a rubbish mum!"

Benjamin's Walford comeback is a one-off appearance which sees her feature in a single episode