PDA

View Full Version : Michael McIntyre To Host Royal Show

moonstorm
08-04-2010, 09:50
Michael McIntyre will host the 2010 Royal Variety Performance in the presence of HRH The Prince of Wales.

The show will be broadcast on BBC One this December.

McIntyre began his stand-up career in 1999 and now hosts BBC One's primetime Saturday night award-winning Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow, which will return later this year for a second series.

He has performed twice before at the Royal Variety Performance and has appeared three times on BBC One's stand-up showcase, Live At The Apollo.

At 34, McIntyre will be the youngest-ever host of the event.

The comedian said: "I got my big break at the Royal Variety Performance in 2006 and returned in 2008, but now to host it is such an honour and I'm unbelievably excited. The Queen and Prince Charles alternate their attendance. This year, and on both of my previous appearances, I will be performing for Prince Charles. I can't wait to entertain him for a third time, although it does seem obvious that the Queen is avoiding me."

I really like him but he ruined the song "My Sex is on Fire", for me! Did anyone else see that sketch?:lol:

Katy
08-04-2010, 11:39
yep, i seen that bit, his actions are hilarious.

I like him, i think he is brilliant! He does mve an awful lot though, makes you dizzy, he deserves the host though he is really good at it, we saw that with his comedy roadshow.