PDA

View Full Version : Castle

lizann
07-04-2010, 12:09
Nathan Fillion has credited Joss Whedon for "single-handedly" changing the direction of his career.

The Canadian actor starred as Caleb in the final series of Whedon's Buffy The Vampire Slayer and in the lead role of Captain Malcolm Reynolds in his sci-fi show Firefly.

Fillion told Metro of Whedon: "He's the one who took me from being cast as the main guy's brother or best friend or the main girl's ex-boyfriend and gave me lead roles.

"Until someone gives you that opportunity, people are reluctant to cast you as the lead. He was the first person to cast me as a villain, in Buffy, and in a lead role, on Firefly, then as the lead in a motion picture on the Firefly movie [Serenity]. He's single-handedly done more for me than anyone else in Los Angeles."

When asked if the fans of Whedon's shows were 'kooky', Fillion said: "No, they're level-headed and intelligent and passionate about the shows.

"I was on a daytime soap opera and that attracted kooky fans, people who were reluctant to draw a line between fantasy and reality. They didn't want to know my name was Nathan, they wanted to pretend I was really Joey."

Fillion currently stars in the title role of Richard Castle in ABC's Castle, which premieres in the UK tonight at 9pm on Alibi and has reportedly been renewed for a third season in the US.

lizann
07-04-2010, 12:10
Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyZc_aY1vnE

tammyy2j
29-04-2010, 12:47
I watched this on RTE and really enjoyed it

tammyy2j
18-06-2010, 16:18
Stana Katic has admitted that she would love Castle to focus on the characters' personal lives in the future.

The actress, who plays Beckett in the show, said that she would like to see what happens to her character outside work.

"I believe she has a really fantastic personal life," Katic told the New York Post. "I really hope the writers delve into it."

She continued: "I would love to see her personal life outside the realm of solving a crime. So instead of saying, 'I'm dating so and so', I'd love to see these very personal, interactive, private moments on screen."

Katic explained that she is interested in seeing how Beckett manages her career and personal life.

"I think there's something exciting about a strong professional woman juggling the person she needs to be in the work world and who she is behind the scenes," Katic said. "I also feel like she should have a gay best friend or something like that. A guy who has a fabulous NY lifestyle - that shows the more colours to the life of a young woman living in NYC."

Castle star Stana Katic has admitted that she wants her character Beckett to get together with Castle.

Speaking to The TV Addict, Katic dismissed claims that the show's tension could be lost if the pair begin a relationship.

"I think that those two characters make a lot of sense together," she said. "I understand that lately, many people have this belief that all the romantic tension and comedy will stop when a couple gets together.

"But I believe that whether they're together or whether they're not together, that tension and sexual swordplay should still be available. I might be overly romantic, but I think that if a couple gets together there is still an element of spice in a relationship."

Katic added that she is excited about exploring Beckett more in the future.

"I think the further we delve into Beckett's personal life, the more interesting it is as an actor," she said. "I think as we keep exploring her inner life and peeling away layers of her there will be so many more beats to play. I think we found a really great rhythm last season and this year they'll be able to build on it even better because they know even more so than they did last year what really clicks and where our opportunities are."

tammyy2j
20-09-2010, 14:36
Season 2 starts on Alibi on Wednesday the 22nd of September 2010

tammyy2j
10-01-2011, 13:38
Adrian Pasdar is to play a recurring role on ABC comedy-drama Castle.

TVLine reports that the Heroes star will play Eric Fallon, an FBI agent assigned to neutralise a potential terrorist threat in New York City.

The character will appear in a special two-part episode, scheduled to air on February 21 and 28.

Pasdar previously played Nathan Petrelli on NBC's Heroes from 2006 to 2010 and also played a recurring role in the second season of Desperate Housewives. His film roles include appearances in Top Gun and cult horror Near Dark.

Castle airs on Mondays at 10/9c on ABC.

tammyy2j
09-03-2011, 13:22
Desperate Housewive’s Nathan Fillion stars as Richard Castle – the best selling crime novelist who helps Detective Beckett (Stana Katic) to solve some of the most intriguing cases on the NYPD file. Series 3 opens with an involved triple murder case and without Castle.

A school teacher is found on the canopy of a shop having fallen from her flat and another death nearby shortly afterwards raises suspicions about a more complex explanation.

Castle’s long absence from the police department and latest book promotion mean that he isn’t welcomed straight back onto the team. Even worse, he is caught red handed and arrested for murder. Could Castle be caught up in a major twist to his own life story?

At home Castle has to defer to the wisdom of his mother – a former Broadway actress – in matters of his teenage daughter’s heart, or he risks alienating her too.

“Castle” will hit UK screens on 9th March 2011 at 9pm on Alibi.

N.Fan
08-03-2012, 17:05
Great programme,the writer and detective work well together.

tammyy2j
04-02-2013, 15:48
New seasons of Castle and Body of Proof are to air in the UK on Alibi.

The UKTV channel has struck a new deal to air the fifth and sixth seasons of Nathan Fillion crime drama Castle.

A third and potential fourth season of Body of Proof is also part of the deal, making Alibi the first UK channel to premiere new episodes of the hit shows.

"Castle and Body of Proof have been huge successes both Stateside and in the UK and this deal ensures Alibi remains a must-have channel for all fans of crime drama," said UKTV's head of acquisitions and co-productions Alexandra Finlay.

Body of Proof is Alibi's highest-ever rating programme, with season two averaging 577k viewers, up 450% on the slot average.

The fourth season of Castle averaged 366k viewers - that show's highest ratings yet on Alibi and up 65% on the slot average.

Castle season five will debut in the UK in March, while the revamped Body of Proof will follow in July.