PDA

View Full Version : Coke Dealer for the Dales

alan45
06-04-2010, 07:50
FORMER Corrie babe Kirsty Leigh Porter is poised to rock Emmerdale - as the village COCAINE dealer.
The actress - who starred in the rival soap as David Platt's girlfriend Zoe - will play a teenage tearaway called Roz who is pals with Holly Barton (Sophie Powles) in the ITV1 soap.

A source said: "Teen drug-dealing in Emmerdale might seem unthinkable but drugs are a problem in villages too.

"The storyline will be handled responsibly and the outcome will show the damage that drugs do, especially to teenagers."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2921111/Kirsty-Leigh-Porter-to-join-Emmerdale-as-a-drug-dealer.html#ixzz0kIgTdE2r

Katy
06-04-2010, 08:54
sounds good, i like her, she was good in The Street and i think it was ashes t ashes the other thing i saw her in, she was not really used in Corrie. I only remember seeing her in one scene

Perdita
30-06-2010, 16:36
Emmerdale star Sophie Powles has revealed that she consulted a drug support group while doing research for her current storyline.

Speaking to Inside Soap, the actress confirmed that she was determined to make her scenes as realistic as possible after hearing that her character Holly Barton was to develop a problem with illegal substances.

Powles explained: "I went to a support group and spoke to recovering addicts, as well as the trained people who work with them.

"I haven't had any experiences in this area, so I asked about how I should act and whether there are any traits I should show. I really want to get it right and do the best job I can on this story."

In next week's episodes, fans will see Holly fall off the wagon as she overdoses in a club toilet during a night out.

Discussing the twist, Powles commented: "For Holly, having a good time doesn't just come from going out with her friends, but taking drugs too. Holly didn't like it when she was in her mum Moira and dad John's bad books, so she's been trying to stay clean. She just can't help herself, though.

alan45
10-07-2010, 04:49
EMMERDALE is getting its first heroin addict - teenager Holly Barton.
Farmer's daughter Holly, 19, played by Sophie Powles, will get hooked on the hardcore drug later this year.

Shocking scenes ... Holly, played by Sophie Powles
And mum Moira (Natalie J Robb) may even buy heroin for her.
Viewers have already seen Holly dabbling in recreational drug use over the last couple of months, popping pills and snorting lines of cocaine.
But in October she'll get hooked on deadly heroin.
Series producer Gavin Blyth said: "I wanted to play it for real. I didn't want to start the story at March and then end in June with somebody cured - it's not true."
Shocking scenes later this month will also see her drop a wrap of cocaine while babysitting for vicar Ashley Thomas (John Middleton).
Gavin added: "She slips from social use into heroin to a point where Moira potentially even buys heroin for her as she watches her daughter's distress - what option has she got?
"She either watches her go cold turkey or will she go out and score for her? But their strength is their love ultimately and it will really test them."

Bosses insist they will handle the hard-hitting storyline with care and portray the dangers of the Class A drug.
Gavin said: "We have sourced an enormous amount of advice for this. Cast members have been out and met users and people who are in recovery."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3048779/EMMERDALE-is-getting-its-first-heroin-addict-teenager-Holly-Barton.html#ixzz0tFQ166PQ

Chris_2k11
12-07-2010, 11:42
Great storyline but I can't see the 'actress' pulling this off well. shes terrible

tammyy2j
12-07-2010, 12:39
Great storyline but I can't see the 'actress' pulling this off well. shes terrible

I agree

lizann
13-07-2010, 13:46
She is terrible isnt she

Perdita
14-08-2010, 15:38
Emmerdale star Natalie J Robb has revealed that she doesn't think her character Moira and her husband John Barton could cope without each other.

The actress admitted that her character's relationship is tested in an upcoming storyline, in which the couple discover their daughter Holly is a drug addict.

Speaking to Inside Soap, she said: "Hopefully, through this storyline, you'll see that there is a big strength between them. If they did split up, I'm sure it wouldn't be for long.

"I don't know if Moira and John are the sort of couple who could live without each other - but we're definitely not the sunshine family in the village any more."

Robb added that her character struggles to deal with her daughter's addiction, saying: "The problem with Moira is that she doesn't want to believe it. She's definitely in denial about Holly's problems."

Perdita
15-08-2010, 19:25
Moira Barton feels "like an idiot" when she realises the extent of her daughter's drug addiction. Skip related content

The 'Emmerdale' matriarch - played by Natalie J. Robb - only fully realises that Holly (Sophie Powles) has a problem when local vicar Ashley Thomas (John Middleton) reveals he found a wrap of cocaine when the wayward teenager was babysitting his children. Natalie said: "Moira feels like an idiot. She can't quite believe, though, because as far as she's concerned, she and her husband John brought Holly up properly.

"Moira thought she was getting in with the wrong crowd, but then she starts to realise that actually it's Holly - she's the worst of the lot."

Holly's problems also cause a rift between Moira and her husband John (James Thornton).

Natalie explained: "John's livid, as you can imagine. Moira thinks the more they push Holly, the more she's going to run. But John goes right in there, all guns blazing.

"So of course Moira and John have one of their fights - and it will get worse."

However, Natalie is hopeful that the couple can maintain their strong marriage.

She added: "Hopefully, through this storyline, you'll see that there is a big strength between the,

"If they did split up, I'm sure it wouldn't be for long. I don't know if Moira and John are the sort of people who could live without each other - but we're definitely not the sunshine family in the village anymore."

(C) BANG Media International

alan45
27-08-2010, 11:30
Emmerdale actress Sophie Powles has praised the soap for its current drug plot.

Viewers have seen Holly Barton struggle with her addiction and Powles told RTÉ TEN that she felt lucky to have been given the dramatic scenes.

"I feel really lucky, firstly, to be given the storyline," she said.

"It's the first time Emmerdale have touched on that kind of thing. You know, it happens out there. There's people depending on drugs and people affected by drugs.

"It's important to show that it can happen to anybody. Holly's not a stereotype. She's not the kind of girl you would say was going to do it but she does."

She added: "She's got addicted, she's got hooked and now she's on a downward spiral. So I think it's good that we show that there's no stereotype for the kind of person who could get into drugs.

"I just feel very lucky and very honoured to give such a huge opportunity."

lizann
27-08-2010, 11:57
Emmerdale actress Sophie Powles has praised the soap for its current drug plot.

Viewers have seen Holly Barton struggle with her addiction and Powles told RTÉ TEN that she felt lucky to have been given the dramatic scenes.

"I feel really lucky, firstly, to be given the storyline," she said.

"It's the first time Emmerdale have touched on that kind of thing. You know, it happens out there. There's people depending on drugs and people affected by drugs.

"It's important to show that it can happen to anybody. Holly's not a stereotype. She's not the kind of girl you would say was going to do it but she does."

She added: "She's got addicted, she's got hooked and now she's on a downward spiral. So I think it's good that we show that there's no stereotype for the kind of person who could get into drugs.

"I just feel very lucky and very honoured to give such a huge opportunity."

alan45
28-08-2010, 10:41
Emmerdale star Natalie J Robb has revealed that her character is shocked after discovering her daughter is a drug addict.

The actress, who plays Moira Barton in the ITV1 soap, told RTÉ TEN that her character is devastated and embarrassed about the extent of her daughter Holly's problem.

She said: "Moira is quite shocked and devastated really. The main thing with her is that she doesn't want to believe it. As far as she's concerned, the first time when she found out she was dabbling, that's all it was.

"And obviously she's realised it's a much more serious matter and it even goes on to be a more serious matter again. It's a downward spiral really.

"She doesn't want to believe it and [husband] John and her argue. They disagree on how to handle it. He thinks they could have handled it better the first time and they're very embarrassed as well.

"She's starting to think this is a massive problem and wondering, 'Who is this? Where's my little girl gone?'"

alan45
02-09-2010, 21:19
Emmerdale star Sophie Powles has revealed that she is thrilled with the way viewers have reacted to her current drugs storyline.

In recent months, viewers have seen the actress's character Holly Barton spiralling out of control due to an ever-worsening addiction, which has caused her to become estranged from her family.

Speaking to Inside Soap about the response to the plot, Powles commented: "It's really touching when people come up to me with praise.

"The other day, a lady thanked me for the work I was doing and said that if it wasn't for Emmerdale and Holly's problems, she wouldn't have noticed the changes in her own daughter, who she discovered was taking drugs in real life. It's a big issue."

Discussing Holly's current state of mind, Powles added: "She's lost all her morals and sense of consequences. Things will only get worse for her before they get better. I think the old Holly is gone now - I just hope she hasn't vanished forever."

Powles has previously spoken of how she researched the plotline by visiting a drug support group to consult recovering addicts.

Perdita
05-09-2010, 15:40
Emmerdale star James Thornton has revealed that the actors who play the Barton family visited a drug rehab centre to research their current storyline.

The actor, who plays John Barton in the soap, admitted that it was important to portray Holly Barton's drug addiction responsibly.

He told the Sunday Mail: "When the storyline came up, we knew it was going to be a subject we had to treat seriously and one we had to get right. All the members of the cast who play the family travelled to a drugs clinic. We talked to a recovering addict who was on heroin for 13 years about how it happened, how it progresses and how it affects your family. We also met this girl's mother and heard how she dealt with it.

"She actually had three kids on heroin at the same time. She said she literally went through every emotion you could think of, every experience, even to the point where she was trying to get her daughter to go cold turkey. She even considered going to score drugs for her herself. It gets so difficult to see your kids going through that, even if you know it's for the best. That's the major part of the storyline, how the family deal with the addiction.

"We had a great chat with all the workers there about how it affects their lives. In the show, they all deal with it in different ways. Moira thinks she needs support and understanding. John thinks she needs a hard line. Personally, I think you just have to try and support them and be there as a family. That's the message which has come through from all the people we have spoken to. Ultimately, you have to take the decision yourself if you want to stop but it is crucial the family are around to help and be there and offer support.

"When we went to the centre, they were very keen on the story being told, as well as it could be and as accurately as can be, within the restraints of a half-hour soap at 7pm. It is incredibly current. Harder drugs are becoming more mainstream and kids are starting much younger. The interesting thing is this girl is coming from a stable family background. Usually you see a troubled background, some sort of deprivation, but Holly has got none of those problems. There's no excuse.

"She slides into it more naively, without realising it, and ends up in too deep. One thing leads to another, which I think is a good thing for people to see. It kind of highlights the dangers of not taking it seriously. It can grab a hold of you before you know it. The big problem is she thinks she's having a good time. She doesn't think it's out of control. It's great the show is taking on something as serious as this."

alan45
05-10-2010, 08:49
Emmerdale star Kirsty-Leigh Porter has revealed that her character Roz Fielding will soon start playing a new role in Holly Barton's drugs storyline.

Earlier this year, viewers saw the actress's alter ego sparking Holly's current problems by providing her with illegal substances - and it wasn't long until she was hooked.

However, in a surprise turnaround, Roz will begin trying to help Holly (Sophie Powles) as her family aims to get her off drugs for good.

Speaking of her Emmerdale storyline, Porter told Holy Soap: "I've not been in it for a while. Holly's gone off to do her own thing, and has got involved in deeper and darker stuff.

"I'll come back soon, not dealing the drugs but trying to help. She needs a lot of help."

In the meantime, Holly's storyline will take a new twist next week when her parents John and Moira find her inhaling heroin.

tammyy2j
05-10-2010, 12:05
^ Its a pity she is such a bad actress and cant carry the story

Perdita
05-10-2010, 14:11
Emmerdale star Sophie Powles has predicted that Holly Barton's family will eventually convince her to quit drugs for good.

Viewers have seen the actress's character develop an ever-increasing addiction in recent months, with things about to get worse next week when her parents John and Moira find her inhaling heroin.

However, speaking ahead of the latest drama for Holly, Powles hinted that there could be light at the end of the tunnel as the storyline progresses.

She said: "I think the family will ultimately make her realise she has to stop. Her addiction is tearing her family, who were so strong and happy when they arrived in Emmerdale, to pieces.

"Her parents' relationship is suffering, Hannah feels she has to go to people outside the family with her problems and Adam's having to work all the hours God sends on the farm because John's preoccupied with Holly."

Meanwhile, asked why Holly has become a drug addict, Powles replied: "I've discovered through doing research for this storyline that people from all walks of life become addicted. I don't think you can blame John and Moira in any way. No-one can stop people from doing drugs once they're addicts."

Holly's former drug dealer Roz will be among those who try to help her get clean in the next few weeks.

alan45
07-10-2010, 09:27
Danny Miller has admitted that he feel sorry for fans who sent him angry letters for dating his Emmerdale co-star Kirsty-Leigh Porter.

The actor, who plays gay mechanic Aaron Livesy in the ITV soap, revealed in August that he had received the hate mail following a report that he and Porter (Roz Fielding) had been seeing each other.

"I got a couple of nasty letters," he told The Sun. "I suppose a lot of people would have thrown them in the bin but I did feel for these people."

He continued: "They were gay lads and they'd built up an image of what I'd be like in real life and they were gutted when that fantasy was crushed."

Miller said he was "very happy" with Porter.

"She's like a best mate to me," he added.

Perdita
08-10-2010, 05:45
EMMERDALE bosses are braced for a backlash over scenes that see Holly Barton unconscious after bingeing on heroin.
The teenager's parents are horrified when they find her slumped in bed while high.

The BBC was recently deluged with complaints over showing Phil Mitchell smoking crack.

But bosses at the ITV1 soap say their scenes, airing next week, don't show Holly injecting or smoking the drug.

A source said: "Emmerdale felt the story proved they were cutting edge, without needing to go into as much detail as EastEnders.

"Bosses wanted to respect the audience by not making the scenes gratuitous."

Fans have seen farmer's daughter Holly, played by Sophie Powles, get hooked on cocaine and steal from friends and family to fund her habit.

Parents John and Moira try to help her off drugs - but she has a relapse and they find her unconscious.

A source told TV Biz: "Moira and John try to wake her frantically asking what she's taken. When she opens her eyes and mumbles, 'heroin' before passing out again, they're horrified.

"And this isn't the end for Holly's journey.

"We could even see her poor mum start scoring for her as she struggles to watch her in withdrawal."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3170363/Forthcoming-Emmerdale-scenes-show-Holly-Barton-on-heroin.html#ixzz11jtyfQ4g

Chloe O'brien
08-10-2010, 12:21
If viewers are unhappy watching then they should switch over the channel. Taking drugs is not supposed to be enjoyable to watch. And if Emmerdale and other soaps are educating young people the dangers of taking drugs. Then long may it continue providing is potraited in a realistic way. Young people are more likely to take notice from tv programmes instead of boring old politicians.

Perdita
11-10-2010, 16:21
Emmerdale actress Sophie Powles has admitted that she has found her current drug addition plot draining to film.

The actress, who plays Holly Barton in the ITV1 show, told Soaplife that she asks her boyfriend to cheer her up after hard days on set.

"It’s fantastic as an actress to have such a big storyline," she said. "But it’s hard at times. When I get home after work I ask my boyfriend to make me laugh because I've been crying all day!"

Powles also discussed the research that she carried out for the storyline and explained why she thought Holly was struggling with her addiction.

"I’ve learned through research that people from all walks of life become addicted," she said. "Those who've had terrible childhoods and those, like Holly, who come from a good family.

"The only clue is that she has an addictive personality. Once she tried drugs, she couldn't just take or leave them."

alan45
17-10-2010, 03:55
Elsewhere, the Bartons' continued attempts to help Holly take a new twist in Emmerdale when Moira suggests that her wayward daughter should join the methadone programme.

Although John initially fears that it's not a good idea, Moira stands firm and insists that it's Holly's best chance of making a recovery.

After remaining adamant over the matter, Moira ultimately gets her wish and joins Holly as she queues up for her first dose the next day.

Could this mark a new beginning for Holly after the shocking events of the past few months?

http://i1.cdnds.net/10/41/550w_soaps_blog_171010_1.jpg

tammyy2j
04-11-2010, 11:23
Holly Barton turns to prostitution to get drugs

alan45
04-11-2010, 15:30
Sophie Powles has hinted that her troubled Emmerdale character Holly Barton may receive a big wake-up call in the coming weeks.

Fans have seen Holly develop an ever-worsening drug problem for much of the year, leaving her parents John (James Thornton) and Moira (Natalie J. Robb) heartbroken as they deal with the fall-out of her shocking behaviour.

However, speaking to Inside Soap, Powles suggested that Holly could finally reach a turning point if her actions make life any worse for her family.

Discussing the future of the storyline, the actress teased: "Sometimes we do things we never thought we would to help someone we love.

"If her family came apart, that would break Holly's heart. It would wake her up - and we may not be far off that point."

In the meantime, Holly stoops to a new low in next week's episodes when she sells her body in a bid to raise money for drugs. When John and Moira find out what has happened, they decide to lock the teen in her bedroom to make her go cold turkey.

Powles told the magazine: "She really hates her family and doesn't understand what they're doing to her. She just wants her drugs."

Perdita
09-11-2010, 18:09
Sophie Powles has admitted that she recently burst into tears after returning home from an emotional day of Emmerdale filming.

The actress's character Holly Barton has been at the centre of a high-profile drugs storyline this year, causing heartbreak for her screen family members John, Moira, Adam and Hannah.

Speaking to Take 5 magazine, Powles explained that her recent teary moment was one of the first times that her on-set emotions have spilled over into her everyday life.

She commented: "For six months I've been telling people, 'I'm fine, I can switch off'. But I had a really hard day recently and when I got home I burst out crying and couldn't stop."

The 22-year-old also spoke about how grateful she is to be at the centre of the long-running storyline, saying: "It's a dream come true to get something gritty and real like this. I'm enjoying every minute."

Powles recently said that Holly may receive a big wake-up call in the coming weeks.

alan45
15-11-2010, 11:41
Sophie Powles has predicted that her Emmerdale character Holly Barton will never be the same again following her drug problems.

Fans of the ITV1 soap have seen Holly develop an addiction to heroin this year, leaving her family devastated as they struggle to deal with the serious situation.

Speaking to the Glasgow Sunday Mail about the storyline's future, Powles commented: "I think there is going to be light at the end of the tunnel, but how long it is going to take for it to appear or what is going to happen to make it appear, I don't know.

"We want to show people can come out the other side, but it's going to be a long road for Holly yet and, at the minute, a very hard one.

"I don't think Holly will ever be the person she was because she has been through too much, but maybe if she gets a bit of her old self back that will be nice."

Powles also admitted that her parents have been uncomfortable with some of the plotline's darker twists, including a recent episode which saw Holly sell her body for drug money.

The 22-year-old said: "They knew horrible storylines would be part of it, but I don't think they were expecting something so gritty quite so quickly. My dad could not speak to me when the scenes of me going with a man for money went out.

"He found it hard to watch even though he knows it's not real, but they are the most supportive people ever. They are very proud of me because this is what I've always wanted to do."

alan45
17-11-2010, 10:05
Natalie J. Robb has revealed that she is trying to lose weight in order to make her current Emmerdale storyline appear more realistic on screen.

The actress's character Moira Barton has been left devastated in recent months as the life of her teenage daughter Holly (Sophie Powles) has spiralled out of control due to a heroin addiction.

Speaking to The Mirror, Robb explained that she believes the stress of Moira's predicament would cause her to slim down, which has inspired her to complete daily workout sessions with a personal trainer.

The 35-year-old commented: "I've read what is coming up for Moira and she's completely stressed. I just feel it's right and relevant to lose weight for the part. In real life if I'm really worried my stomach churns, I feel sick and I lose weight."

She continued: "I've wanted to start a healthier lifestyle for ages, but I've not had the time. This has motivated me to make the time. I was not born skinny - I've got an hour-glass figure - and I'm 35 now so it's harder to lose the weight."

The star confirmed that she is hoping to drop a stone to nine stone by the end of the year, but vowed that she will not take her slimming to extreme measures.

"I don't want it to be a crash diet or for my body to change dramatically," she said. "God gave me a great set of pert 36C boobs and they're the one thing I like most about my body. I don't want to lose them!"

Perdita
22-11-2010, 20:46
Emmerdale star Sophie Powles has been getting stick from her soap colleagues for her "rough" appearance as drug addict Holly Barton.

In the soap, the farmer's daughter's dependence on drugs is spiralling out of control, and to compensate Sophie has started wearing make-up in real life.

Sophie told Reveal magazine: "The last time I cried was at work the other day filming. I don't cry that much in real life, but my Emmerdale storyline is really harrowing at the moment.

"I never normally wear make-up but, because I look so disgusting on screen right now, I've started wearing it. The other cast members keep teasing me and telling me I look rough."

Holly's hunger for drugs is so strong she has even resorted to prostitution to get her fix.

This week viewers will see her desperate mum Moira go out to score for her troubled daughter.

alan45
23-01-2011, 18:21
http://holysoapcdn.five.tv/assets/images/20426/Emmerdale_Gallery_8-1_1295638275_large.jpg?1295640023

Moira Barton (Natalie J Robb) and her husband John takes pity on Holly Barton's (Sophie Powles) friend Roz Fielding (Kirsty Leigh Porter) when she turns up and asks for a place to stay.

alan45
10-04-2011, 02:32
Emmerdale star Kirsty-Leigh Porter is to leave the soap at the end of her current contract, it has been announced.

The actress's alter ego Roz Fielding will bow out on screen in the summer after show bosses decided to write out the character, the News of the World reports.

Porter joined the cast of the soap a year ago and Roz soon caused a stir in the village as she played a key role in Holly Barton's descent into drug addiction.

Emmerdale's producer Stuart Blackburn commented: "The character of Roz was brought into Emmerdale for the purpose of Holly's addiction storyline, which has now concluded.

"Kirsty will therefore sadly be leaving us at the end of her current contract. She is a huge talent and an absolute professional. The door will be left wide open for a possible return in the future."

Meanwhile, Porter said: "I am looking forward to venturing on to new opportunities. I have loved every minute and had the pleasure of working with some wonderful and talented people."

Porter recently split from Emmerdale co-star Danny Miller, who plays troubled Aaron Livesy on the soap. She has previously appeared in Coronation Street, Doctors and Shameless among other programmes.

Katy
11-04-2011, 13:02
i like Kirsty, hope shes not of screen for too long!

layla
12-04-2011, 14:38
When Ross moved in with the Barton's. I thought there was going to be some more story's for her and Holly to get involved with. All the younger one's could do with some good story's together. It dose not need to involve drugs, just youngsters enjoying themselves. What happened to Hannah's boyfriend.?

Chloe O'brien
12-04-2011, 19:16
Wonder if Holly will get Roz's job at the factory now.

layla
13-04-2011, 13:27
Well if she does, that will leave John with another family member leaving the farm. He wont be happy

Perdita
14-08-2011, 13:57
Emmerdale star Kirsty-Leigh Porter is to launch a music career.

The actress, who announced in April that she was leaving her role as Roz Fielding in the ITV1 soap, will soon start working on material in a recording studio.

Speaking of Wednesday's exit scenes, she told the Daily Star Sunday: "I was really happy with my Emmerdale exit as the door has been left open. I only ever signed up for three months but my contract kept getting extended and extended. I was happy to stay but was equally happy to leave when my contract was up.

"I've been up for a few roles and will continue my acting career but I'd love to focus on my singing for the next few months. Singing has been a huge passion of mine ever since I was a little girl. Now the time finally feels right for me to just go for it.

"I've got some time set aside in a recording studio next month and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm a bit of a soul and Motown girl so that's the sound I'll be going for."

Porter, who is dating co-star Danny Miller, also cleared up the reasons behind their brief split in March.

"Danny didn't cheat on me," she said. "I know there were a lot of rumours at the time but we had a huge row which got blown out of all proportion, as rows often do - and we didn't speak. We had some time apart and now things really couldn't be any better. We're both very happy."

Miller recently described himself as the Wayne Rooney of Emmerdale.

alan45
15-01-2012, 01:50
Emmerdale star Sophie Powles has announced that she has decided to leave the soap.

The actress will bow out from her role as Holly Barton in the summer after nearly three years on screen, the Daily Star Sunday reports.

Powles told the newspaper: "I have had an awesome three years at Emmerdale. I have made the best friends and have worked, had fun and learned so much with an amazing cast and crew.

"But after three years I am ready for some freedom to travel and be able to say yes to other projects and opportunities. I just want to say thank you to everyone at Emmerdale for making it such a brilliant place to work."

Emmerdale's series producer Stuart Blackburn added: "It's going to be a very dramatic year for the Barton family. I'd like to thank Sophie for all her hard work and commitment. Her energy, enthusiasm and positivity have made her a joy to work with."

The Daily Star Sunday has also revealed that Kirsty-Leigh Porter will be reprising her role as Holly's best friend Roz Fielding for a short stint in the build-up to the exit storyline.

tammyy2j
15-01-2012, 13:25
^ No loss I think Adam is leaving also

Perdita
18-03-2012, 14:29
Emmerdale star Sophie Powles has revealed that she's glad her current drugs storyline has been portrayed realistically.

The actress quit her role as Holly Barton in January and plans to travel the world when she finishes filming her character's drugs relapse plot in May.

"It sounds weird but I'm pretty happy about her relapsing *because it wouldn't have been realistic if she hadn't. That's what the role has been about, *portraying her addiction in a real way," Powles told The People.

Speaking of her exit, she said: "People will think I'm mad *giving up a job like this but I know it is the right thing for me to do. I keep getting asked if I'm nervous but I'm honestly not. I'm just excited. As an actress you do think, 'What if I never get another job?' But that's a chance I'm *prepared to take.

"I'm not *really one for routine and I was starting to feel a bit tied down. This is the longest I've been anywhere and it's been amazing but I've got itchy feet. So many of my friends have been off travelling while I've been watching from the sidelines.

"So now I can't wait to head off and dip my toes in the ocean. I feel privileged to have had this opportunity and the chance to work with such amazing people but I'll be happy to leave. I've always been a free spirit. My mum says I'm like a butterfly. And now I need to move on."

Powles described her three years at Emmerdale as the "best few years" of her life but confessed she has "more than one dream" in life.

Perdita
14-04-2012, 17:56
Emmerdale star Sophie Powles has said that her character's drug storyline has made her more understanding of addicts.

The actress, who plays heroin user Holly Barton in the ITV1 soap, is grateful to producers for giving her such a challenging role.

"The heroin storyline has been amazing for me. I feel like it has made me a better person because I'm more understanding of people," she told New magazine.

"Drug addicts aren't bad people - they're just people who have made bad decisions and they need all the help they can get. As an actress, it was great to be given a storyline so intense that I could research."

Powles leaves Emmerdale in June after three years on the show, and is planning to go travelling with her boyfriend.

"When I first started I never thought I'd be there for that long. I don't like the thought of doing anything for that long, never mind a job. But I fell in love with it and had the time of my life. It didn't feel right to leave until now," Powles added.

"I've made some really amazing friends, so obviously they were all sad. But they know what I'm like. I'm a free spirit. They know I'm ready to go."