PDA

View Full Version : Adam Rickett plans pop comeback

alan45
30-03-2010, 12:48
Former Coronation Street star Adam Rickitt has announced that he plans to release new music in the UK this year.

The actor is currently busy working as a cast member on New Zealand soap Shortland Street, but was recently told that his character Kieran Mitchell is to be written out later this year.

Rickitt, who played Weatherfield's Nick Tilsley on and off between 1997 and 2004, previously released an album titled Good Times in 1999 and scored a top five hit with single 'I Breathe Again'.

Speaking to fans on his online video blog, Rickitt explained: "Loads of you have often emailed me in the past asking me if I'll ever do the music thing again, and I've always been a bit cagey about answering because I've always fancied a tickle at it.

"An opportunity arose a while ago, and I'm grasping it basically. This summer in the UK and Europe to start off with, but then coming to New Zealand and Australia after that, I'm going to be doing some music.

"I've already recorded some songs. I've been working with some huge producers. It's freaking me out!"

Rickitt added that he is considering releasing a remixed version of 'I Breathe Again' and is also in demand for TV and film projects in Hollywood.

Wise up you talentless twerp

Chris_2k11
30-03-2010, 18:52
Flop!

Chloe O'brien
03-04-2010, 01:41
Fans on his blog. Who is he trying to kid. He's paid his Granny and her mates down the bingo to post for him.

sindydoll
05-04-2010, 12:43
well he was a flop when he previously started a singing career so why does he want to flop again

Katy
05-04-2010, 15:22
please no! Why put us through this again, i remember the last attempt, dreadful.

alan45
04-10-2010, 04:33
FORMER Corrie hunk Adam Rickitt has been signed up as a political reporter for Daybreak.
The move by bosses of the ITV breakfast show is a bid to sex up coverage of this week's Conservative Party Conference.

Adam, 32, who played the Street's Nick Tilsley for seven years, once tried to reinvent himself as a politician.

He will bring viewers "insider knowledge" of the gathering in Birmingham.

Daybreak's Political Editor Sue Jameson is reporting all the news but Tory supporter Adam, who was approved as a prospective parliamentary candidate in 2005, will add colour to the comings and goings.

ITV spent £10million luring Adrian Chiles and Christine Bleakley to host their new flagship show. Yet Daybreak is pulling in 660,000 viewers on average - while BBC Breakfast's average hits 1.5million,