PDA

View Full Version : John Lennon tribute festival announced

Perdita
25-03-2010, 13:10
John Lennon's 70th birthday will be celebrated with a two month festival in Liverpool.

The celebration of the late Beatles singer and guitarist, who was assassinated in 1980, will run from October 9, his birthday, to December 9, the day of his death.

Part of the festival will include a major tribute concert, called 'Lennon Remembered', held at the cities Echo Arena, and a birthday celebration at the world-famous Cavern Club, where the Beatles were discovered.

"John Lennon is one of the most iconic figures of the 20th Century and a Liverpool lad who became known in every corner of the globe," Liverpool Mayor Mike Story told the BBC.

"His enduring message of peace is as important now as ever and continues to be an inspiration to many.

"The John Lennon Tribute Season will allow us to remember him as a man, celebrate his music, and his overall contribution to our city."

Although the programme of performers is yet to be announced, it is rumoured that Ozzy Osbourne will be part of the tribute show.

The festival marks 30 years since the singer's death.

DS

Chloe O'brien
03-04-2010, 01:57
I would love to see this John was my fav Beatle. I had a boy in my class at school who was Beatle daft . He would sing songs all day long. A fitting tribute would be for Paul and Ringo to get together with Julian Lennon and Dhani Harrison to take the place of John and George. There will never be another band as brilliant as the Beatles.