PDA

View Full Version : Corey Haim Dead

tammyy2j
10-03-2010, 14:46
Eighties teen idol Corey Haim died Wednesday morning of an apparent drug overdose, according to Los Angeles police.

The Canadian-born actor, who starred in "The Lost Boys" but was probably best known for his roles with fellow actor Corey Feldman, was 38.

He was found unresponsive at his Oakwood apartment around 3:30 a.m.,according to KTLA-TV. His mother was at the apartment at the time of his death.

The actor, who has struggled with drug addiction, was pronounced dead at Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center in Burbank.

Police were called to the hospital just before 4 a.m. to investigate his death.

Police sources told CBS Haim's death appeared accidental. Haim has been in and out of rehab and starred in a reality show with Feldman in 2007 called "The Two Coreys."

He talked about his struggle with drugs - specificially prescription drugs.

"I started on the downers which were a hell of a lot better than the uppers because I was a nervous wreck. But one led to two, two led to four, four led to eight, until at the end it was about 85 a day - the doctors could not believe I was taking that much," he told a reporter in 2007.

"And that was just the Valium - I'm not talking about the other pills I went through."

Haim's official website was last updated on Jan. 18 and promotes his upcoming film, a thriller titled "American Sunset."

RIP :(

Siobhan
10-03-2010, 16:31
NO WAY!! Out of all the coreys from teen movies when I was a teen.. he was my favourite

RIP Corey

JustJodi
10-03-2010, 18:20
oMG HE was such a cutie,, wow,, thanks I didn't know this till I read this thread,, gee that is so sad,,

lizann
11-03-2010, 10:15
Rip

http://img.slate.com/media/114000/114822/ex_corey_haim288043083.jpg

lizann
11-03-2010, 10:41
On his personal blog, actor Corey Feldman opened up about friend Corey Haim, who passed away early this morning from a suspected overdose. The pair worked together on The Lost Boys, Blown Away, and the A&E series The Two Coreys. In the message, Feldman wrote:

“I was awakened at 8:30 this morning by my brother and sister knocking on my bedroom door. They informed me of the loss of my brother Corey Haim. My eyes weren’t even open all the way when the tears started streaming down my face. I am so sorry for Corey, his mother Judy, his family, my family, all of our fans, and of course my son who I will have to find a way to explain this to when he gets home from school. This is a tragic loss of a wonderful, beautiful, tormented soul, who will always be my brother, family, and best friend. We must all take this as a lesson in how we treat the people we share this world with while they are still here to make a difference. Please respect our families as we struggle and grieve through this difficult time. I hope the art Corey has left behind will be remembered as the passion of that for which he truly lived.”

lizann
11-03-2010, 15:40
Victoria Beckham is reportedly "shocked and upset" after learning of the death of ex-boyfriend Corey Haim. The pair had a brief fling in 1995, before Victoria found fame with the Spice Girls

Perdita
12-03-2010, 08:38
Corey Haim's autopsy has revealed that he suffered from pulmonary congestion, according to People.

The actor, who died on Wednesday age 38, was rumoured to have died from a drug overdose. Although the official results of Haim's autopsy have not been released to the public, the actor's mother Judy Haim claimed her son died from heart problems.

In an interview with Access Hollywood, Judy revealed that Los Angeles Coroner Chief Craig Harvey reported that her son had an enlarged heart and water in the lungs.

Harvey maintained that his findings were incomplete. "The final cause of death has been deferred pending additional tests that have been ordered," the Coroner Chief said.

The actor had a high fever and complained of flu-like symptoms before his death.

DS

Perdita
18-03-2010, 18:18
Police have confirmed an arrest in their investigation of an alleged illegal prescription drug ring linked to the death of Corey Haim.

According to Sky News, a crime gang had been using identities stolen from doctors to order prescription pads which were later sold on to drug dealers and addicts.

The California Attorney General's Office has now confirmed reports that an arrest was made as part of the investigation.

An official statement read: "We can confirm that an arrest was made during the course of our investigation, though we cannot provide further details at this time."

It previously emerged that the authorities had found an unauthorised prescription for opioid analgesic OxyContin (oxycodone) in Haim's name.

The cause of Haim's death is as yet unknown as investigators await the results of toxicology tests.

DS

tammyy2j
05-05-2010, 11:10
Corey Haim died of natural causes, not drugs, according to the Los Angeles County coroner's office.

Haim's death was caused primarily by pneumonia. In addition, he had a bad heart, specifically the muscle in his heart was thickened and made it hard for blood to flow, and he suffered from hardened arteries.

Haim's toxicology report found drugs in his system, but ruled none of the substances found were "significant contributing" factors, the coroner's office said.

Following his death, the California attorney general's office discovered Haim had been linked to a prescription drug ring and that he had obtained 553 pills before his death.

Haim, the star of films such as Lucas and The Lost Boys, died March 10 at age 38.

moonstorm
05-05-2010, 11:15
I watched The Lost Boys at the weekend, it really is a classic!