PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock Holmes 2

Perdita
10-03-2010, 04:39
Jude Law has reportedly said that a sequel to Sherlock Holmes could start production later this year.

Speaking to reporters at a press conference, Law revealed that he would most likely reprise the role of Dr Watson in a follow-up to the 2009 hit film staring Robert Downey Jr.

"I don't know for sure, but I think we are probably doing another one. I think it's sometime this year," the 37-year-old told Cinemablend.

Last year before the film's release, Law said that he hoped Sherlock Holmes, directed by Guy Ritchie, would be successful enough to launch a franchise.

tammyy2j
13-09-2010, 10:35
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo star Noomi Rapace has officially landed her first English-speaking role in the upcoming Sherlock Holmes 2.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Swedish actress will play a French gypsy in the sequel, which will see Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law resume their roles from the 2009 original.

The follow-up's plot details have yet to be revealed, although the story will follow Holmes as he faces off against his nemesis Professor Moriarty.

Filming for Sherlock Holmes 2 is expected to begin later this year for a December 16, 2011 release.

tammyy2j
29-09-2010, 12:55
Mad Men star Jared Harris will play Professor Moriarty in Sherlock Holmes 2, reports Latino Review.

The British actor, who has a recurring role as Lane Pryce in the AMC drama, has won the role of Holmes's arch-nemesis. Actors including Brad Pitt, Daniel Day-Lewis and Gary Oldman had previously been linked to the part.

Moriarty faced off against Holmes in the Arthur Conan Doyle stories The Final Problem and The Valley Of Fear.

Harris, son of the late Richard Harris, has also featured in The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, Resident Evil: Apocalypse and Igby Goes Down.

Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law will return for the sequel along with director Guy Ritchie. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo's Noomi Rapace and Stephen Fry also have roles in the movie.

tammyy2j
11-11-2010, 12:11
Sherlock Holmes 2 is currently shooting, but Rachel McAdams is still not sure if she’ll be returning for the action sequel.

Talking with MTV this week, she revealed that the follow-up is still “in the process. They’re still doing script work, and we’ll see.”

The actress, who played Irene Adler in the first period detective film, went on to add that even if she appears in the movie, she won’t be getting much screen time.

“If I do, it won’t be a very big thing,” she said.

tammyy2j
13-07-2011, 13:50
Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yU1nnvrCy8&feature=player_embedded

Perdita
13-07-2011, 13:56
Guy Ritchie has declared that it was an "easy choice" to direct a Sherlock Holmes sequel.

The Snatch director told USA Today that although he is normally against making sequels, he "couldn't help" joining forces with Robert Downey Jr (Holmes) and Jude Law (John Watson) again.

"I can't help myself. They wanted this to be a franchise, which, in my mind, needs at least two movies," he joked. "But I really liked working with the team on the first movie, so this was an easy choice."

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows will see the famous detective pitted against his nemesis James Moriarty, played by Jared Harris.

Ritchie praised Harris's take on the villain, saying: "Moriarty is one of the most famous villains of all time. But we didn't want to make him a conventional character. The challenge was to still make him modern, believable.

"Jared brings a depth, a realism, that everyone was really excited about. He's very relatable."

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows will be released in cinemas on December 16.

Perdita
31-10-2012, 20:49
Andrew Scott has ruled out a return to Sherlock.

Scott's villain Jim Moriarty shot himself in the head during a confrontation with Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock Holmes, in the show's second series finale 'The Reichenbach Fall'.

While it's been speculated that Moriarty might somehow have survived his own apparent death (as Cumberbatch's Sherlock went on to do in the same episode), Scott told The Sun that his fate is not open-ended.

"Moriarty is dead. I don't think there could have been any better exit for a character like that," Scott said.

"I feel very proud of Sherlock. Moriarty was a very potent character and one the audience really responded to. But it's important to me that he doesn't take over. You have to take risks and play as many different things as possible."

Scott has previously suggested to Digital Spy that it would be difficult for Moriarty to return, joking: "It's very hard to come back from shooting yourself in the mouth, we all know that."

Scott's new drama series The Town is expected to air on ITV later this year.