PDA

View Full Version : JLS - Just Love Safe condoms

Perdita
09-03-2010, 08:11
POP pin-ups JLS are set to launch their own CONDOMS - in a bid to encourage safe sex.
The chart-toppers are planning on calling the contraceptives Just Love Safe, inspired by their band name.

Heart-throbs MARVIN HUMES, ASTON MERRYGOLD, ORITSE WILLIAMS and JONATHAN "JB" GILL came up with the idea after joking about contraception in The Sun.

Since then condom giant Durex - Britain's leading sellers of the contraceptive - have got in touch and the lads have agreed in principle to join forces.

Aston, 22, said earlier this year: "It's all about staying safe. We all think so.

"My mum sends me down a stash (of condoms) and I dish them out to the lads so none of us have to worry. I'd really be up for doing some kind of campaign about safe sex."

Singles
The boys, whose hits include Everybody In Love, also want to colour-coordinate the range.

They were each assigned a shade when they first got together - with Aston being blue, Marvin, 24, green, Oritse, 23, red and JB, 23, yellow.

The band - who won the Bizarre column's Shagger of The Year award in 2009 - are famed for being ladies' men.

But they are keen to use their huge influence on young fans to improve attitudes to contraception.

A source close to JLS said: "The lads mentioned the idea of a Just Love Safe campaign in passing.

"It was a light-hearted joke at the time but management and Durex have had conversations about making it happen.

"Later this year they will announce their exact intentions."

JLS, which stands for Jack the Lad Swing, came second on the X Factor in 2008.

They have since landed two No1 singles and a No1 album - as well as their own six-week sell-out tour, which finished with an exclusive gig for Sun readers last Sunday.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2884406/JLS-to-launch-own-brand-of-condoms.html#ixzz0hfHbZstP

If it promotes safe sex and stops unwanted pregnancies and infections, I hope they sell very well

Perdita
10-09-2010, 07:45
Yesterday the lads unveiled their new Just Love Safe selection, created in association with Durex.

But the idea came about thanks to a conversation at Bizarre HQ back in March.

Bandmember MARVIN HUMES said yesterday: "We were at The Sun and mentioned that we had the idea of having our own condom range.

"The boss of Durex saw the story in the paper the next day, got in touch and the idea was born from there."

All profits from the range will go to the new JLS charity foundation - and the band will distribute the cash from there to their chosen charities.

The obvious question had to be whether the condoms would be sold in varying sizes, but the band dodged that by saying they would all be extra-safe.

JB admitted the lads already have an idea whose packet will be flying off the shelves quickest. He said: "I think we can safely say we know who'll win." I presume Marvin.

But the lads aren't planning on helping their bandmates get ahead in the contest. Oritse said: "We'll definitely be carrying our own."

The charity venture does have its drawbacks, because the group know they are likely to get boxes of condoms lobbed at them during gigs, along with the usual knickers and bras.

That's not that new, though. Marvin admitted: "We've had a few thrown at us in our time."

He added: "I'd like some of the money to go towards cancer research because my nan died from it.

"Then some will go towards multiple sclerosis, as Oritse's mum suffers from that."

The JLS condoms go on sale across the country next week.

If you only get One Shot, make sure it's with a JLS johnny.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3132188/JLS-launch-a-range-of-condoms.html

alan45
10-09-2010, 09:20
Any publicity which encourages the use of condoms amongst young people is to be welcomed

Abigail
10-09-2010, 14:02
I agree, however I hope Durex won't be putting the lads' faces on the packets. Most teenage boys will already be embarrassed about buying condoms without buying JLS branded ones.

Perdita
10-09-2010, 16:11
Think you can buy them with your favourite JLS person on them :D

Abigail
10-09-2010, 16:19
Yeah, I can really see teenage boys and men in their 20s buying a box of these :D

Perdita
04-10-2010, 12:24
JLS singer Oritse Williams has admitted that he will only use the condoms in his own branded packet.

Last month, the group launched their own charity promoting safe sex and a range of 'Just Love Safe' condoms - with four boxes featuring their trademark colours and one of the singers' faces.

However, Williams told The Sun that after he ran out last week, he would not use any from Aston, Marvin or JB's boxes.

"I ran out. I had to go to Boots to buy some more," he confessed.

"We were all given packets of each others. It's not like their faces are on the actual condoms but I still prefer to use my own."

He continued: "I'm happy to keep doing my bit and paying my way for them.

"I never get embarrassed about using condoms or buying them, no way. It's part of the movement."

He added: "I'm not going to get caught out. I'm an avid believer of no glove, no love."

JLS release their new album Outta This World on November 22.