View Full Version : British Soap Awards 2010

tammyy2j
01-03-2010, 16:20
http://www.britishsoapawards.tv/

let the voting start

No Jake Wood for best actor now thats a disgrace :angry:

megan999
01-03-2010, 16:48
[QUOTE=tammyy2j;709415No Jake Wood for best actor now thats a disgrace :angry:[/QUOTE]Yes, I agree, it is a disgrace! IMO he's the best male actor in EE

lizann
01-03-2010, 16:52
Who picks the top 3?

megan999
01-03-2010, 17:00
let the voting start

I've just voted :)
Sexiest male - I voted for Scott Maslen - Jack
Sexiest female - Samantha Womack - Ronnie
Villain of the year - has to be Larry Lamb
Best actor - the one who plays Ian
Best actress - Lacey Turner - Stacey
Best British Soap - has to be EE :D

Siobhan
01-03-2010, 17:05
I gave my vote to Mas for best actor.. it is about time the smaller EE names got heard

Perdita
01-03-2010, 17:10
I did too, Siobhan. The rest of my votes all went for non-EE actors and soap

Kim
01-03-2010, 17:10
I would've gone for Jake Wood for best actor as well. John Partridge was my second choice but he wasn't in it either. I went for the one who plays Masood in the end. Do the choices seem a bit narrow this year? I thought there were normally more than three from each soap in each category.

Siobhan
01-03-2010, 17:14
I would've gone for Jake Wood for best actor as well. John Partridge was my second choice but he wasn't in it either. I went for the one who plays Masood in the end. Do the choices seem a bit narrow this year? I thought there were normally more than three from each soap in each category.

I put John as sexiest male!!

Chris_2k11
02-03-2010, 10:31
Sexiest male - Ashley Taylor Dawson
Sexiest female - Samantha Womack
Villain of the year - Larry Lamb
Best actor - John Middleton
Best actress - Lacey Turner
Best soap - Emmerdale (improved massively this past year or so)

Perdita
02-03-2010, 14:51
EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt has admitted that he is confused over the decision to put him in the running for the 'Best Actor' prize at the British Soap Awards.

Yesterday, it was announced that the 41-year-old - who plays Walford's Ian Beale - had been nominated for this year's prize alongside his colleagues Nitin Ganatra (Masood Ahmed) and Scott Maslen (Jack Branning).

However, writing on Twitter, the actor insisted that either Jake Wood (Max Branning) or Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell) should have been chosen instead of him.

Woodyatt told his online fans: "Can't understand why I've been nominated for BSAs, think Steve and Jake should have been ahead of me."

In total, there are 15 actors who are up for the public vote - comprising of three each from EastEnders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks and Doctors.

The British Soap Awards will be held in London in May.

tammyy2j
02-03-2010, 15:12
EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt has admitted that he is confused over the decision to put him in the running for the 'Best Actor' prize at the British Soap Awards.

Yesterday, it was announced that the 41-year-old - who plays Walford's Ian Beale - had been nominated for this year's prize alongside his colleagues Nitin Ganatra (Masood Ahmed) and Scott Maslen (Jack Branning).

However, writing on Twitter, the actor insisted that either Jake Wood (Max Branning) or Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell) should have been chosen instead of him.

Woodyatt told his online fans: "Can't understand why I've been nominated for BSAs, think Steve and Jake should have been ahead of me."

In total, there are 15 actors who are up for the public vote - comprising of three each from EastEnders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks and Doctors.

The British Soap Awards will be held in London in May.

both ian and jack are bad choices for best actor from ee

Perdita
29-04-2010, 14:38
Bad news soap fans - it looks like you'll have to wait a week longer than usual to watch this year's British Soap Awards.

ITV has allegedly taken the decision to shunt the BSAs back a week in order to avoid a clash with the Europa League final.

Soapland's largest annual awards event - which is due to be filmed on Saturday, May 8 - was originally slated to air the following Wednesday (May 12), in line with previous years.

However, due to the potential of an all-English fixture (Liverpool v Fulham) on Five that night, ITV has apparently pushed the awards into the following week.

Final scheduling has yet to be confirmed but network sources suggest that Wednesday, May 19 is the most likely date.

JustJodi
29-04-2010, 15:12
both ian and jack are bad choices for best actor from ee

I couldn't agree more Ian hasn't done squat neither has Jack... Max and Masood either of the two should win....

moonstorm
29-04-2010, 15:44
I couldn't agree more Ian hasn't done squat neither has Jack... Max and Masood either of the two should win....

Totally agree! Masood, in my opinion, should win hands down, with Max a very close second.

ajay10
30-04-2010, 10:36
Soapland's largest annual awards event - which is due to be filmed on Saturday, May 8 - was originally slated to air the following Wednesday (May 12), in line with previous years.

However, due to the potential of an all-English fixture (Liverpool v Fulham) on Five that night, ITV has apparently pushed the awards into the following week.

Final scheduling has yet to be confirmed but network sources suggest that Wednesday, May 19 is the most likely date.

I see that Midsummer Murders is in the tv listings on 12th May at 8pm, so it looks like it has been pushed back a week, unless ITV suddenly change their minds.

Perdita
01-05-2010, 17:11
Michelle Keegan has revealed that she is hoping for a double triumph at this year's British Soap Awards.

The 22-year-old actress, who plays Tina McIntyre in the serial, has been nominated for 'Best Actress' and 'Sexiest Female' - the latter of which she won last year.

She told OK magazine: "As a new actress to come to Coronation Street and to be up for 'Best Actress' two years down the line is a massive thing for me. It feels like I have been accepted in a way."

ajay10
01-05-2010, 20:12
It's been confirmed by Digital Spy's soap editor that the rest of the nominations will be announced this Tuesday (4th).

alan45
04-05-2010, 00:28
It's been confirmed by Digital Spy's soap editor that the rest of the nominations will be announced this Tuesday (4th).

And here they are on Soapboards as well

Panel Shortlist

Best Comedy Performance (Last year's winner was Nina Wadia, EastEnders)
Coronation Street: Craig Gazey (Graeme Proctor)
EastEnders: Nina Wadia (Zainab Masood)
Emmerdale: Dominic Brunt (Paddy Kirk)
Hollyoaks: Bronagh Waugh (Cheryl Brady)

Best Dramatic Performance (Last year's winner was Anita Carey, Doctors)
Coronation Street: Chris Gascoyne (Peter Barlow)
EastEnders: Lacey Turner (Stacey Branning)
Emmerdale: Danny Miller (Aaron Livesy)
Hollyoaks: Glen Wallace (Malachy Fisher)

Best Dramatic Performance for a Young Actor or Actress (Last year's winner was Maisie Smith, EastEnders)
Coronation Street: Alexander Bain (Simon Barlow)
Doctors: Ami Metcalf (Sapphire Cox)
EastEnders: Maisie Smith (Tiffany Butcher)
Emmerdale: Oscar Lloyd (Will Wylde)

Best Exit (Last year's winner was Rob James Collier, Coronation Street)
Coronation Street: Reece Dinsdale (Joe McIntyre)
EastEnders: Charlie Clements (Bradley Branning)
Emmerdale: Maxwell Caulfield (Mark Wylde)
Hollyoaks: Jamie Lomas (Warren Fox)

Best Newcomer (Last year's winner was Craig Gazey, Coronation Street)
Doctors: Sophie Abelson (Cherry Malone)
EastEnders: Marc Elliott (Syed Masood)
Emmerdale: Lyndon Ogbourne (Nathan Wylde)
Hollyoaks: Bronagh Waugh (Cheryl Brady)

Best On-Screen Partnership (Last year's winner was Nitin Ganatra and Nina Wadia, EastEnders)
Coronation Street: Katherine Kelly and Simon Gregson (Becky and Steve McDonald)
Doctors: Jan Pearson and Chris Walker (Karen and Rob Hollins)
EastEnders: Sid Owen and Patsy Palmer (Ricky and Bianca Butcher)
Emmerdale: Nick Miles and Nicola Wheeler (Jimmy King and Nicola De Souza)

Best Storyline (Last year's winner was Vivien's Rape, Doctors)
Coronation Street: Peter's Alcoholism
Doctors: Zara's Revenge
EastEnders: Who Killed Archie?
Emmerdale: Aaron's Gay Self-Loathing

Spectacular Scene (Last year's winner was Victoria Falls Through The Ice, Emmerdale)
Coronation Street: Joe Drowns
Doctors: Master of the Universe - Siege
Emmerdale: Home Farm Shop Crash
Hollyoaks: The Parachute Jump

Best Single Episode (Last year's winner was 'A kind of Hush', Doctors)
Coronation Street: Peter Falls Off The Wagon
Doctors: 'Master of the Universe'
EastEnders: EastEnders Live
Emmerdale: Aaron Confesses His Sexuality

To be announced on the night:
Lifetime Achievement Award
Special Achievement Award
Best Soap

ajay10
04-05-2010, 10:38
Glad to see Emmerdale receive the most nominations, hopefully they'll win a few. Particularly hope that Danny Miller picks up a least one award.

Dazzle
04-05-2010, 12:54
I hope Lacey Turner receives most dramatic performance and Marc Elliot best newcomer. Also, best partnership Becky and Steve.

lizann
04-05-2010, 16:44
ITV's rural soap Emmerdale has received the most shortlist nominations for this year's British Soap Awards.

The shortlist comprises the standard 15 nominations per eligible UK soap - Coronation Street, Doctors, EastEnders, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks - in the usual viewer-voted categories: 'Sexiest Male', 'Sexiest Female', 'Villain of the Year', 'Best Actor' and 'Best Actress'.

Each show is also automatically nominated for the elusive 'Best Soap' trophy.

While the public vote determines the result of six awards, winners in the remaining 11 categories - which include 'Best Dramatic Performance', 'Best Storyline' and 'Best Newcomer' - are decided by a panel.

From the 36 nominations, Emmerdale appears in each of the nine categories. Coronation Street and EastEnders, meanwhile, notched up eight apiece. Doctors secured six, while Hollyoaks has five.

This year, Hollyoaks notably failed to receive nominations in the 'Best Storyline' and 'Best Single Episode' categories, while Coronation Street has no candidate in the 'Best Newcomer' stakes, last year won by Craig Gazey (Graeme Proctor).

Winners of the 'Lifetime Achievement' and 'Special Achievement' awards are also discussed by the panel.

The twelfth annual British Soap Awards ceremony takes place on Saturday and will transmit on Wednesday, May 19 on ITV1.

Perdita
06-05-2010, 00:02
Doctors stars Chris Walker and Jan Pearson have spoken about their on-screen chemistry.

The pair, who play on-screen couple Sergeant Rob Hollins and receptionist Karen, were recently nominated in the 'Best On-Screen Partnership' category for the British Soap Awards.

Describing their first scenes together, Walker said: "First day on set, in fact first scene it was, 'Hi I'm Chris', 'Hi I'm Jan', right get into bed. So that broke the ice."

When asked why they work so well together on the serial, he explained: "I think that we're not precious with our own stuff and we always want to give and help each other and that's nice, and we do row very well."

Meanwhile, the star also revealed that members of the public often mistake the Doctors set for a real surgery: "You can see it from the road, so it's understandable."

Pearson added: "And it just says 'the Mill Surgery', so why wouldn't you pop in? It happens on a regular basis."

Perdita
07-05-2010, 10:33
EastEnders star Charlie G. Hawkins has revealed that he is hoping to see Lacey Turner triumph at the British Soap Awards.

Turner is in the running for the 'Best Actress' and 'Best Dramatic Performance' prizes at tomorrow night's ceremony.

The nominations follow an eventful year for the actress's Walford character Stacey Branning, which has seen the market trader being diagnosed with bipolar disorder, lose husband Bradley and be unveiled as the killer of villain Archie Mitchell.

Speaking to The Sun about his co-star's BSA nods, Hawkins - who plays young dad Darren Miller - commented: "It would be great to see her win one of them."

Turner recently announced that she is to leave her role as Stacey after almost six years in Albert Square.

Tomorrow's British Soap Awards ceremony takes place in London and will be broadcast on ITV1 later this month.

Chris_2k11
07-05-2010, 12:20
Emmerdale deserves the most awards this year, consistently good and my fave soap now!

Hollyoaks is absolute tosh nowadays and deserves nothing.

alan45
07-05-2010, 12:21
Coronation Street star Michelle Keegan has admitted that she does not expect to win the 'Sexiest Female' prize at the British Soap Awards.

The 22-year-old received the accolade at the 2009 ceremony and is also in the running for this year's gong.

However, in recent months, fans have seen the actress's character Tina McIntyre appearing less glamorous as she deals with the loss of her dad Joe.

Speaking to the Daily Star about her chances of victory, Keegan commented: "I've got depression on the Street so I don't think anyone will be finding me very sexy right now. I was lucky to get it once so there isn't much chance I will get it second time around."

Keegan, who made her Weatherfield debut in 2008, has also been nominated in the 'Best Actress' category this year.

Reflecting on the nod, she said: "As a new actress to come into a huge programme like Coronation Street and to be up for 'Best Actress' two years down the line is a massive thing for me. It feels like I have been accepted."

The British Soap Awards take place in London tomorrow night.

alan45
08-05-2010, 10:25
Emmerdale actor Danny Miller has predicted that the show has "a good chance" of securing some prizes at the British Soap Awards.

ITV's rural serial has received the most shortlist nods ahead of tonight's ceremony, appearing in every single category this year.

The Yorkshire-based drama's success in the nominations list follows a period of reinvention which has been steered by series producer Gavin Blyth since he took office in January 2009.

Speaking to DS about the British Soap Awards, Miller commented: "I genuinely don't think that any other soap has improved as much as Emmerdale has this year.

"It'd be nice to get some acknowledgement for the hard work we've put in, so yeah, I think we have a good chance. And it's incredible that we've managed to get nominations in every single category - we're the only soap that has.

"Hopefully we will win something this year. Eventually, it'll become a bit boring EastEnders and Coronation Street winning all the time. It's almost like we're extras!"

Miller, who plays troubled Aaron Livesy, is in the running for the 'Best Actor' and 'Best Dramatic Performance' awards. Additionally, his character's gay plot is up for 'Best Storyline'.