PDA

View Full Version : Olly Murs

lizann
23-02-2010, 14:22
X Factor runner-up Olly Murs signed a record deal today which will see him working jointly with Simon Cowell's label.

The singer, who lost out to Joe McElderry in the final of the TV talent show, has already begun work on his debut album.

Murs - currently on the X Factor live tour - has signed a joint deal between his TV mentor Cowell's firm Syco Music and Epic Records, which signed previous runners-up JLS.

Sonny Takhar, managing director of Syco, said: "We are thrilled to be involved with Olly - as an artist he ticks every box.

We are also looking forward to working with Nick and the great team at Epic."

And Nick Raphael, managing director of Epic, said: "He is a big personality and we hope to make a big record on which we can showcase his obvious talents."

megan999
27-02-2010, 16:56
:thumbsup:Yay, I'm so pleased for him. Can't wait to hear what sort of material he comes up with...

Perdita
21-04-2012, 07:01
Olly Murs has made a return to Deal or No Deal.

Prior to his success in The X Factor and on the music charts, Murs was a contestant on the Noel Edmonds show in 2007.

On that occasion he went home with a measly £10, and will be hoping for more luck this time as he plays for charity.

Murs will be the first ever person to play the game twice.

His episode of Celebrity Deal or No Deal will be shown on Sunday, April 22 at 6.25pm on Channel 4.

Siobhan
21-04-2012, 13:35
Olly is doing quiet well for himself here in Germany.. he was no 1 last week

Chloe O'brien
21-04-2012, 18:28
I am going to see him live at Edinburgh Castle in July.

Perdita
21-04-2012, 19:27
I am going to see him live at Edinburgh Castle in July.

Have a great time :D

tammyy2j
02-03-2013, 21:48
Olly Murs has said he's not recognised enough for his achievements.

Since leaving The X Factor as runner-up in 2009, Olly has released three albums and sold almost three million copies.

He said: "People come from The X Factor and they might stick around for a year or two, so I'm proud to carry on selling records, to grow a fanbase and be on three albums.

"It's a massive achievement and it doesn't get highlighted enough, the three albums I've released and the sales I've achieved. I think it's amazing and I'm really chuffed, but it doesn't get written about."

Asked whether it bothered him, the singer said: "Of course it does... From an industry point of view, press too, there is snobbery that I'm from The X Factor, that I didn't come through the right channels, and they're not into it.

"I don't understand it. It's clear in writing how successful I've been and what I've achieved."

Olly said it was "unlikely" he'd be doing the next series of The Xtra Factor.

He added: "There's been a lot of speculation, but I've never said it was definite that I wasn't going back, just that it was unlikely due to my music career. I might still do it, we'll see. I've enjoyed The Xtra Factor, it's been a great part of my career."

tammyy2j
02-03-2013, 21:48