PDA

View Full Version : Evil Tony Busts Out Of Prison

LalaGaga
20-02-2010, 04:08
The knicker factory boss is behind bars for ordering the murder of love rival Liam Connor and trying to drown Roy Cropper.

But he escapes to settle old scores with ex-wife Carla Connor and his henchman Jimmy Dockerson - who ran over Liam on Tony's orders.

A top insider told TV Biz: "Tony suffers a real breakdown in jail. Without Maria, he's hit rock bottom.
"But he never gives up and viewers will see him go to outrageous lengths to break out of Weatherfield nick.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2861280/Coronation-Street-character-Tony-Gordon-to-return-to-soap.html#ixzz0g2u4EePG

Dazzle
20-02-2010, 15:40
I'll be very glad to see more of Tony - I've missed him.

alan45
25-03-2010, 01:19
EVIL Tony Gordon is spotted making a shock return to the cobbles after breaking out of prison.
And just like the van sign behind him suggests... he's a wanted man.

The crazed knicker factory boss, played by Gray O'Brien, was banged up after he ordered Liam Connor's murder.

But he escapes and tries to track down his ex fiancée Maria Connor (Samia Smith) - and settle some old scores.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2906367/Tony-Gordon-played-by-Gary-OBrien-breaks-out-of-jail-in-Coronation-Street.html#ixzz0j9AiS0N0

Dazzle
25-03-2010, 10:36
I hope Tony won't try to hurt Maria.

Perdita
25-03-2010, 11:05
I have not missed Maria for one second, not really looking forward to her coming back.

alan45
27-03-2010, 01:44
CORRIE tough nut Carla Gordon's life is in danger as murderous hubby Tony busts out of jail - and comes after her with a gun.
Tony is inside for killing love rival Liam Connor (Rob James-Collier) and trying to drown whistleblowing cafe-owner Roy Cropper (David Neilson).

But he hatches a escape plan and bribes cellmate Robbie Sloan to help him get out.

When Robbie is later released, he goes to see Carla (Alison King), pretending to be a market stall trader who wants to buy lingerie at knock-down prices.

He arranges to meet her again on the day of the jailbreak.

Meanwhile, macho Tony (Gray O'Brien), puts his escape plan into action.

He makes sexual advances to a beefy prisoner, who gives him a pasting.

As warders pile in to separate them, Tony staggers back clutching his chest and feigns a heart attack.

But as he is taken to hospital by ambulance, Robbie (James Fleet), is waiting.

He forces the ambulance off the road and threatens the prison guards at gunpoint.

Then the two armed men set out to keep the appointment that Robbie has made with unsuspecting Carla.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2909604/Jailbreak-revenge-on-Coronation-Street.html#ixzz0jKy6qsS1

Dazzle
27-03-2010, 11:24
Ridiculous plot, of course, but sounds like fun anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing Tony again.

Ruffed_lemur
28-03-2010, 18:20
Ridiculous plot, of course, but sounds like fun anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing Tony again.

Yeah, me too!

LostVoodoo
28-03-2010, 21:02
He makes sexual advances to a beefy prisoner, who gives him a pasting.

As warders pile in to separate them, Tony staggers back clutching his chest and feigns a heart attack.

But as he is taken to hospital by ambulance, Robbie (James Fleet), is waiting.

He forces the ambulance off the road and threatens the prison guards at gunpoint.

lol, that is hilarious! the Corrie writers are mad!

Perdita
30-03-2010, 05:02
A GUNMAN in a balaclava helps to spring Corrie killer Tony Gordon from jail.

Tony (Gray O'Brien) - who was locked up for ordering Liam Connor's death and trying to kill Roy Cropper - feigns a heart attack in prison.

An ambulance is called but gunmen in balaclavas lie in wait and hold up the crew.

Tony then flees on the back of a motorbike.

He is out to settle scores with his ex Carla Connor.

The dramatic escape is set to be shown in five weeks'

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2912639/Coronation-Street-lag-Tony-Gordon-Gray-OBrien-is-freed-by-gunman-pal.html#ixzz0jd4Nvx1D

alan45
22-04-2010, 00:20
CORRIE'S Carla Connor will become the SECOND Weatherfield woman wrongly charged with murder.
The knicker factory boss finds herself accused of bumping off deranged ex-husband Tony Gordon after he tries to burn her alive.

As TV Biz revealed earlier this month, Tony (Gray O'Brien) escapes from prison - where he was sent for killing Carla's lover - and returns hell-bent on revenge.

He arrives at the factory with a gun and ties up terrified Carla (Alison King) and Hayley Cropper (Julie Hesmondhalgh) - whose husband helped convict him.

Tony, pictured at his wedding to Carla eventually lets the transsexual go but sets the factory alight.

In dramatic scenes to be screened in June, Carla frees herself, grabs Tony's gun and fires it, wounding him.

She escapes but he dies in the blaze. When cops examine his body they assume the bullet killed him.

A soap insider said: "Things look very bleak for Carla as there are no witnesses to back up her story."

Gail McIntyre (Helen Worth) is already being held on remand, accused of murdering her husband.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2942356/Corrie-Carla-to-face-murder-charge.html#ixzz0lmPWZkiT

Dazzle
22-04-2010, 15:27
Corrie's getting as bad as EE what with all the deaths, murders and arrests. :eek:

I have to say that I'm looking forward to seeing Tony again, though.

LostVoodoo
23-04-2010, 12:39
Tony needs to get back soon, i feel like everyone's going to forget about him!

lizann
23-04-2010, 12:40
Who else dies beside Tony?

Perdita
23-04-2010, 16:03
I guess it is they guy that is spying on Carla for him, can't remember his name right now lol Looked it up, a guy called Robbie :)

alan45
19-05-2010, 14:14
ITV soap Coronation Street is to air in a primetime 9pm slot for one week from May 31 to June 4, it has been announced today.

The scheduling shake-up comes as a dramatic siege plot involving Weatherfield villain Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) coincides with the Britain's Got Talent live semi-final rounds.

In total, six episodes of the Manchester-based serial will air over the week rather than the usual five instalments. The first will air at 7pm on May 31, with five further editions stripped across the week from 9pm to 9.30pm.

Wrapped around the long-running drama will be the live Britain's Got Talent performance and results shows, airing each night from 7.30pm to 9pm and 9.30pm to 10pm respectively.

Additionally, both Coronation Street and Britain's Got Talent will be broadcast on ITV1 HD as Corrie is joining the channel from May 31.

Speaking of the special schedule, ITV's director of television Peter Fincham said: "With the live drama of Britain's Got Talent and the explosive return of one of Coronation Street's most notorious villains, it's a huge week for ITV1 and our viewers. I'm particularly delighted that both shows will be available in high definition for the first time on ITV1 HD."

Coronation Street's shock siege week will feature the most expensive episodes filmed in the serial's history. The plotline will see Tony escaping from prison before holding a number of Weatherfield favourites hostage at Underworld.

Siobhan
19-05-2010, 14:21
maybe they can be a bit more risque if it is after the watershed

alan45
19-05-2010, 15:37
Coronation Street star Gray O'Brien has backed his forthcoming exit plotline, promising that it will bring "closure" to the story of his character Tony Gordon.

The actor's villainous alter ego is to soon bow out from the Weatherfield soap in a dramatic week of episodes which will see him escape from prison before holding a number of characters hostage at Underworld.

Speaking on GMTV today, O'Brien explained: "This has absolutely closed the story now. It's a wee bit of closure on it and that's a good thing, because people don't know if you're still going to go back.

"I'm pleased with it. It looks different though, I have to say. It gets a bit 24. This is my moment of playing Jack Bauer!"

Meanwhile, asked what he would like to do next, the 41-year-old replied: "I really don't know. I did River City in Scotland and then I did Corrie, so that was about seven and a half years solidly on telly. I'm having a wee bit of a sabbatical at the moment and waiting to see what happens."

moonstorm
20-05-2010, 10:24
You would have thought him getting put in prison was closure but obviously not in soapland.

tammyy2j
20-05-2010, 10:49
You would have thought him getting put in prison was closure but obviously not in soapland.

Yes I thought that also

Perdita
20-05-2010, 18:00
Coronation Street newcomer James Fleet is pleased that his soap role is a change from the "posh/stupid" parts he normally lands.

The actor has been cast as Robbie, the cellmate of twisted Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien), who helps the convicted killer get revenge.

In an interview with the TV Times, James said: "Ever since Four Weddings And A Funeral and The Vicar Of Dibley I've got stuck with the 'posh/stupid' label. It's so nice to play someone who's more like me in real life - I was actually born in a two-up, two-down in Wolverhampton."

He went on: "Waving a gun in people's faces was quite exciting too."

Robbie, whom James describes as "a bit of a fantasist", helps Tony get out of prison before the soap villain heads to Weatherfield and sets up a siege at Underworld.

As much as he enjoyed the role, James said he doesn't have the stamina to appear in a soap all the time.

"We did 12-hour days filming the siege. I could never be in a soap full-time, The seven episodes I did just about killed me!"

Ruffed_lemur
21-05-2010, 18:34
A pity Tony couldn't have been in it a bit longer. Could have built up to his exit gradually.

Perdita
21-05-2010, 21:10
Hmmm, I think him busting out of prison and then coming to a swift end is a just finish to this storyline, soaps can get more than ridiculous just to hang on to storylines before they end. I think this will be well done.

alan45
31-05-2010, 12:49
James Fleet has praised Coronation Street for its upcoming Siege Week plotline.

The actor, who guest stars as the villainous Robbie Sloan in the serial, described the episodes as being "like making a film".

He told the Daily Record: "They gave us more elbow room on the schedule and it felt to me like we were making a film. They were happy to go again if we made a mistake.

"The crew and the actors were both very professional and very good. I'm full of admiration for them. It's a great show and they've got some great people in it."

Speaking about the show's longevity, he added: "There is a real sense of history about the show. You walk into the studio and there are these pictures of Elsie Tanner and Ena Sharples.

"It pulls you up short thinking, 'Bloody hell, I'm in this programme'. You just know all the names, all the people.

"It reminds you that people who are sniffy about soaps need to be given a good talking to. The actors here do stuff which a lot of rather snooty actors wouldn't be able to do."