PDA

View Full Version : Boyzone to host Gately TV tribute

Perdita
17-02-2010, 14:43
Boyzone have announced that they will host a tribute show to late bandmate Stephen Gately later this year.

The boyband will be joined by manager Louis Walsh to pay their respects to Gately, who passed away while holidaying in Majorca in October.

The hour-long programme will include further celebrity guests and feature the last music recorded by Boyzone with Gately.

"Stephen would be delighted to have a night dedicated to him. I know he'll be watching down on us all on the night with a big smile on his face," Louis Walsh said.

Boyzone: A Tribute To Stephen Gately will be broadcast on ITV1 in the spring.

Boyzone release new album Brother on March 8.

DS

Perdita
09-03-2010, 17:46
Sunday, 21 March 2010, 8:30PM - 9:30PM

This upbeat and heart-warming tribute will feature a series of show-stopping Boyzone performances and special one-off collaborations dedicated to Stephen, and a series of intimate VT’s telling the inspirational story of Stephen’s short life, including chats with Stephen’s partner Andrew Cowles, sister Michelle Carr and former Irish Prime Minister Bertie Ahern.

Boyzone will be performing a medley of their greatest hits on the show, including; Love Me For A Reason, When the Going Gets Tough and Love Is a Hurricane. In addition there are a number of special one-off collaborations, Boyzone will be joined by Nadine Coyle, singing Love Me For A Reason; Mika joins the guys in a special performance of their new single, Gave It All Away; and in a first fellow Irish crooners Westlife join Boyzone for a special performance of No Matter What.

Speaking for the first time on the show are Stephen’s husband Andrew Cowles and sister Michelle Carr, along with tributes from Bertie Ahern, Louis Walsh, Robbie Williams, Louise Redknapp, Westlife, Nadine Coyle, Jane Torvill and Christopher Dean and Christopher Biggins.

The engaging and moving VTs chronicle Stephen’ story , from his humble beginnings in Dublin’s Sheriff Street and early rise to fame with the band, to his success as a solo performer and West End star.

This unique one off studio special will be a fitting tribute, not only to a talented singer and performer but to someone regarded as a gentleman, inspiration and role model to millions of adoring fans.

Nadine Coyle said of performing in the show: “I am very honoured to be a part of this special tribute, I have grown up watching Boyzone being that I am from Ireland. I am very moved to be signing Stephen’s parts with Boyzone on Love Me For a Reason in the show as he is a great friend and he is dearly missed.”

Mika said: “I was deeply shocked and saddened when I heard about Stephen’s passing, he was a great singer and touched so many peoples lives both with his music and with his wonderful personality. It's a huge honour to hear him sing my song. Good luck to the rest of the boys.”

Westlife’s Nicky Byrne said of performing on with Boyzone on the special: "After eleven years in the music industry and having had the pleasure of performing with many greats, our performance with Boyzone was extra special for lots of reasons. Not only did these guys pave the way for ourselves but they have always been there showing support for us throughout the years. We had often spoke of doing something together and how much fun it would be. Little did we know that time would come remembering and celebrating the life of Stephen Gately. It was such good fun to do and we enjoyed it immensely. We are sure Stephen would be proud and smiling down on us all."

Louis Walsh, said of the tribute, “Stephen would be delighted to have a night dedicated to him and I know he’ll be watching down on us all on the night a big smile on his face.”

itv.com

Perdita
21-03-2010, 21:13
so very moving, sitting here in tears :(

sindydoll
22-03-2010, 08:17
i didnt think it was anything much! bz and wl were good together but nadine was terrable! there touring next year just got a presale code for the echo arena

Perdita
15-09-2010, 11:59
Boyzone's Mikey Graham, Shane Lynch and Keith Duffy will travel to Australia to join Ronan Keating in time to commemorate the first anniversary of Stephen Gately's death.

The foursome are planning a special tribute to the tragic pop star.

They will be appearing on the Australian version of the X Factor alongside Keating during a Boyzone week.

Stephen died suddenly of natural causes on October 10 of last year while holidaying in Majorca with his husband Andrew Cowles.

Shane said their priority was to spend the day together in order to share memories of their late friend.

"Hopefully me and the boys will be in Australia," Shane told the Herald. "We're trying to get over there for that week. They're planning to do a Boyzone week on the show so I don't know if we're going to perform.

"We'll do anything really. As long as we're together on the day we don't mind."

Shane said he and his fellow performers were focusing on their solo projects, in his case his passion for motor racing. The singer says he is devastated that he can't continue working on RTE's All Ireland Talent Show due to clashing band commitments early next year.

Former Miss Ireland Amanda Brunker will take over from him, while Shane will continue on the show as a guest contributor.

"I really am gutted," the star said. "I tried everything to make it work, but there was just no way it was feasible because I would have missed too many shows."

Perdita
03-10-2010, 07:28
BOYZONE are finally going against their name and allowing a GIRL to join the band - gorgeous NATALIE IMBRUGLIA.

The Aussie singing star will temporarily replace KEITH DUFFY for a performance Down Under to mark the first anniversary of STEPHEN GATELY's death a week today.

RONAN KEATING, MIKEY GRAHAM and SHANE LYNCH will make the emotional tribute on the Australian version of The X Factor, where Ronan and Natalie are both judges.

But Keith can't make the gig because he's up to his eyes filming a big storyline for Corrie and can't get the time off.

It's the first time in 15 years that the band will allow a girl to get in on the act.

It's a tricky time for the lads, who are struggling to come to terms with Steo's death. I caught up with Keith earlier this week and he told me he's heartbroken that he won't be joining the band. He said: "It is going to be hard not going and I will miss the rest of the boys. I'll be pretty sad on the anniversary.

"I've had text messages and phone calls from the lads who are asking if I am going to be all right on my own. I'm just going to have to deal with it."

He added: "Stephen could take you from an upset place and make you smile and forget what your troubles were.

"He made people feel good about themselves and had a very good positive mental attitude. We are all missing that incredibly."

But Keith is more than happy that ex-soap star Natalie will be filling in. He joked: "I always fancied her from Neighbours so it's nice to know she has taken my place."

Ronan, who is already battling for his marriage to YVONNE, is also struggling to cope as the anniversary of Steo's death on October 10 looms.

A source said: "The memory of Stephen's death is flooding back to Ronan. They were very close, like brothers, and Ronan has been going through a rocky patch.

"He has been desperately trying to keep his marriage on track. He feels he is fighting a losing battle. But he can't lose Steo and then Yvonne.

"He would have normally turned to Stephen during such a time and he still desperately wants to do that.

"He misses Steo's level-headed advice and his ability to really cheer people up.

"Everything is taking its toll and Ronan is at rock bottom. The rest of the guys know they need to join forces to help him get through this."

While the lads are in Oz, Keith will help scatter Steo's ashes at his favourite countryside spot just north of Dublin.

He said: "It's very private and one of Stephen's favourite places in the world."

I broke the tragic news last year that Stephen had died from an undiagnosed heart condition at his Spanish holiday home in Majorca aged just 33. My thoughts will be with the band, manager LOUIS WALSH and Steo's partner ANDREW COWLES this week.

NOTW