PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing 2010

Perdita
14-02-2010, 07:10
Strictly Come Dancing producers allegedly want Arlene Phillips to return to the judging panel.

Phillips was replaced by singer Alesha Dixon for the last series of the show.

The News of the World has now claimed that Phillips is being lined up to return if Dixon decides not to stay on the panel.

"Last year she said she'd never go back," a source said. "But she's been on the Strictly tour with Len [Goodman], Bruno [Tonioli] and Craig [Revel Horwood] and remembered how much fun they have.

"She's concentrating on her new show So You Think You Can Dance but her position on Strictly is never say never. She's made sure she has time in her schedule."

The insider added that the show's producers "have nothing against Alesha" but continued: "If she doesn't return they'd very much like Arlene to be back in the chair she rightly deserves. They admit the show lost something without her."

However, a BBC spokesperson said: "This is all speculation. It is far too early to say anything about the new series."

DS

Abbie
14-02-2010, 16:25
I would love to have her back

Chloe O'brien
15-02-2010, 12:12
Why the back track by the beeb. Alrene will still be too old that's why they replaced her in the first place.

lizann
15-02-2010, 12:23
Is there no SCD for 2010 Perdy :p

Perdita
15-02-2010, 13:35
Ooops, thought we have had it already, course, it was 2009. I shall try to edit sorry :o

Perdita
15-02-2010, 17:50
Thank you to the Mod who changed it year :)

lizann
23-02-2010, 14:20
Singer Alesha Dixon has ended speculation by revealing that she will be returning as a judge on the BBC's 'Strictly Come Dancing' when it returns in September.

Dixon controversially replaced former judge Arlene Phillip last year which gave rise to a row about possible ageism in the BBC.

After last year's run she said she was planning to focus on her music career in the coming months and there had been speculation about her not returning. She has now confirmed to The People that she will.

She explained "The BBC said that they would like me to stay on, so I said yes" and added "I'm very much looking forward to it." She continued: "This time my comments will be a lot more controversial."

A BBC spokesperson said: "Alesha did a great job. We're thrilled she will be back."

Perdita
22-03-2010, 14:23
IT'S The X Factor versus Strictly Round Two - as spoilsport Beeb chiefs AGAIN put their ballroom series in the same time slot as ITV1's hit.

Last year viewers hit the roof when BBC1 moved the dance extravaganza from its long-time early evening spot to make it clash with Simon Cowell's later talent show.

The tactics backfired, with the Beeb losing the Saturday night ratings clash by MILLIONS as X Factor stars like Cheryl Cole and Joe McElderry proved more popular.

But this autumn BBC1 will make viewers choose between their favourite shows yet again as it pumps extra cash into the celebrity dancing line-up to boost ratings.

A BBC insider said: "ITV expect us to back off this year but that's not going to happen. We aren't just going to roll over and do want they want us to. We have been running Strictly on Saturday for as long as The X Factor."

Viewers were so upset last year that BBC Trust chiefs summoned director general Mark Thompson to explain the clash. Even The X Factor boss Simon, 50, wrote in The Sun: "It's crazy."

But the Beeb is confident all it needs to wipe out The X Factor this time is to get bigger celebrities than last year's crop who included Hollyoaks star Ricky Whittle and Beeb presenter Chris Hollins.

A source said: "It's no secret that last year's line-up was a bit low rent."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2901630/Strictly-v-X-Factor-part-2.html#ixzz0iuob00Z1

tammyy2j
22-03-2010, 14:34
X Factor will always win

LostVoodoo
23-03-2010, 09:22
i'm sorry but this is 2010, do they think no one owns a video, sky+, ITV +1, iPlayer, DVD or hardrive recorder or watches any of the million repeats ITV likes to show?

Chloe O'brien
23-03-2010, 09:43
X Factor will always win

Never Strictly will win hands down.

Chloe O'brien
23-03-2010, 09:44
i'm sorry but this is 2010, do they think no one owns a video, sky+, ITV +1, iPlayer, DVD or hardrive recorder or watches any of the million repeats ITV likes to show?

Exactly the viewers are not going to miss out with ITV2 and Iplayer.

Perdita
19-04-2010, 04:07
STRICTLY bosses want race row dancer Anton Du Beke to go, go, quick, quick GO in a major shake-up of the hit show.

Producers are keen to freshen up the series with talented young dancers from the American version of the show - like Cheryl Cole's close friend Derek Hough.

A senior BBC insider said they would prefer Anton - who controversially called his celebrity partner a "Paki" last year - to quit the show.

"Our preference is that Anton decides he's had a few good years on Strictly and wants to try something new," said our source.

"We'd rather not get into another messy situation like we did with Arlene. But if he makes it clear he wants to come back then we'll have to have some tough conversations.

"All the old guard of professional dancers need to be aware this show is changing for the better."

Other dancers being targeted are husband-and-wife team DARREN BENNETT and LILIA KOPYLOVA.

And ERIN BOAG - who like Du Beke has been in Strictly since it started in 2004 - is unlikely to be asked back.

Last night our insider revealed: "The producers are in the middle of a complete overhaul of the show.

"There's a lot of pressure for it to be completely relaunched. We lost the battle with The X Factor last year. That means changes have to be made and some very popular personalities from the show will go."

The BBC is currently looking for 10 new dancers to join the new series, which begins in the autumn.

And this year the number of celebrities is expected to be slashed by four - from 16 to 12.

That means if 10 new dancers are hired, only two professionals from the current crop would survive.

Old favourite IAN WAITE is also at risk. And low-profile newcomers like NATALIE LOWE, KATYA VIRSHILAS and ALIONA VILANI might also go.

But Kiwi lothario BRENDAN COLE is expected to be offered a new contract. And bosses are also keen to hold on to Alesha Dixon's winning partner MATTHEW CUTLER, former boyfriend and girlfriend FLAVIA CACACE and VINCENT SIMONE, and husband and wife duo JAMES and OLA JORDAN.

She won last year's series with sports' presenter Chris Hollins.

BRIAN FORTUNA and KRISTINA RIHANOFF, who is dating her 2009 celeb partner Joe Calzaghe, are popular among bigwigs too.

Dancers are only ever hired for one season and usually don't find out if they are coming back until just before each series starts. Our source said: "None of them has heard anything from the BBC yet.

"It's very worrying for them because Strictly creates a lot of financial opportunities for them that will disappear."

There is also uncertainty about whether judge Alesha Dixon, who replaced Arlene Phillips last year, will return.

And last month it was revealed that host Bruce Forsyth, 82, hasn't signed his 2010 contract yet.

He is waiting to see what changes will be made before he commits.

But tough decisions are expected following the hiring of new executive producer Moira Ross.

Our source said: "Some viewers are going to be disappointed if their favourite dancer goes but this is a crucial way for us to spice up the show."

Anton, 43, has seen his career go into freefall after the News of the World told last October how he'd blurted out a racist term to his celeb dance partner, Laila Rouass. The mixed-race actress, 38, had just had a spray tan when Du Beke told her: "Oh my God, you look like a Paki."

The outburst was heard by 15 others, including fellow pro dancer Brendan Cole.

Du Beke was forced to make a grovelling apology, saying: "There was no racist intent whatsoever but I accept it is a term which causes offence and I regret my use of it."

He is desperate to return to Strictly and has assured bosses his behaviour will change.

A source said: "Anton deeply regrets his past actions and will do whatever possible to regain trust.

"He hasn't heard anything official yet from the BBC, which is really worrying him."
But they're all baying for Pamela

FORMER Baywatch babe Pamela Anderson is set to salsa-tionally sex up Strictly as a contestant this year.

Celeb XS Uncut featuring Pamela Anderson, LiLo, Russell Brand and Cameron Diaz

The big-boobed blonde has been a huge hit on the US version of the show - and BBC bosses hope she'll inflate viewing figures here too.

And Pammie, 42, is also keen on the move so she can clear her tax debts and give her two sons a British experience.

A BBC source told us: "Pamela is a great signing for America's Dancing With The Stars.

"The fans love her because she is such an entertainer. She exudes flair and sex appeal.

"And the judges love her because she's such a fabulous mover.

"We're sounding her out and she's very open."

Pammie, who did the splits perfectly on Monday night's show, was recently hit with a tax bill for nearly half-a-million dollars.

As well as a lucrative stint on Strictly she is also looking to appear in another British pantomime.

Last winter she starred as the genie of the lamp in Aladdin at London's New Wimbledon Theatre.

According to reports she is looking to rent a luxury base in the capital's posh South Kensington area for herself and sons Brandon, 13, and Dylan, 11, later this year.

The Sun

moonstorm
19-04-2010, 09:48
As much as Brucie gets on my nerves, I don't think it would be Strictly with out him.

LostVoodoo
19-04-2010, 11:56
there was a big hoo-ha about this on twitter over the weekend and there's now a Save The Strictly Pros facebook group if anyone would like to join http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=115605608458901&ref=mf

Perdita
20-04-2010, 18:28
CHERYL Cole's friend Derek Hough is joining Strictly Come Dancing this autumn so they can spend even more time together.

The professional dancer is currently appearing on Dancing With The Stars in America, alongside Pussycat Dolls sexpot Nicole Scherzinger.

Steamy ... Cheryl and Derek get up close and personal
Steamy ... Cheryl and Derek get up close and personal
REX

But a source told TV Biz: "He has been asked to join Strictly and he's incredibly keen to do so.

"It means missing the next season of the US show but it would give him more time with Cheryl."

Since X Factor judge Cheryl, 26, split with love rat footballer husband Ashley, she has been photographed enjoying the company of hunk Derek.

He also appeared in her Parachutes video and danced with her on her Cheryl Cole's Night In TV special last year.

Advertisement
Quantcast

Although 24-year-old Derek's move to the British show might add a new dimension to his friendship with Cheryl - it would put the pair head-to-head in the ratings war.

The source said: "Derek thinks it will be fun to take Cheryl on. She's won with The X Factor two years running, now he wants to win."

Bosses at Strictly are looking to shake up the male dancers.

Anton Du Beke - real name Tony Beak - looks certain to get the bullet for sparking a race row that embarrassed bosses last year after calling partner Laila Rouass a "P***".

Other names tipped to be weeded out include Darren Bennett, Lilia Kopylova and Anton's professional partner Erin Boag.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2939178/Cheryl-Coles-dancer-friend-Derek-Hough-joins-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html#ixzz0lf8QKdyi

lizann
21-04-2010, 11:55
Cheryl Cole's friend Derek Hough is set to join Strictly Come Dancing this year as one of the professional dancers.

The gorgeous 24-year-old, who was Cheryl's shoulder to cry on after she split with Ashley, is currently appearing on the US version of the show Dancing With The Stars and is said to be 'incredibly keen' to join the hit BBC show.

A source told The Sun, 'It means missing the next season of the US show, but it would give him more time with Cheryl.'

Perdita
02-05-2010, 14:45
Christine Bleakley is apparently being lined up to replace Tess Daly as host on BBC One's Strictly Come Dancing.

The move would come under a major revamp of the show, while also forming part of a deal designed to stop Bleakley from leaving the channel, after her One Show co-presenter Adrian Chiles defected to ITV.

Daly, 41, has presented with Bruce Forsyth since Strictly's launch six years ago.

A BBC source said: "Big changes are afoot. Tess and Bruce are at the heart of the Strictly family and are dearly loved by fans and staff alike. But they've fronted the show for over half a decade now and no one can go on forever. So plans are being drawn up for when that day comes."

According to the Sunday Mirror, Daly's contract runs out after the next series in December, when co-host Bruce Forysth is also widely expected to stand down.

Perdita
06-05-2010, 08:47
Strictly Come Dancing host Tess Daly has rubbished claims that she is to leave the programme.

Last week, it was reported that Daly's role on the ballroom contest would be taken over by The One Show's Christine Bleakley after her current contract expires in 2011.

However, speaking to The Mirror, Daly insisted: "I'm not leaving Strictly. I love it too much. And I'm just glad so many people enjoy the show."

She added: "There's no truth in the rumours. I'm staying put."

A spokesperson for Bleakley also recently denied the speculation, confirming that no approach had been made for the 31-year-old to join Strictly.

Strictly Come Dancing will return to screens in the autumn.

Siobhan
06-05-2010, 08:51
Kinda on topic.. my dance teacher has been asked to audition for the Czech version of this show. So happy for her, she will be one of the professional dancers if she gets the part and has to train a celeb.. Will miss her as my dance teacher but it is good for her career

Perdita
06-05-2010, 09:10
Good luck to her, will you have somebody else teaching you to dance if she goes?

Siobhan
06-05-2010, 09:14
Good luck to her, will you have somebody else teaching you to dance if she goes?

Yeah.. I am sure they won't cancel the classes as they are popular and they have about 5 or 6 other teachers throughout Dublin so one of them will take her class (I hope)

moonstorm
06-05-2010, 09:23
Wow she must be very good if she has been chosen for that. Good luck to her. I take it you must be a marvellous dancer Shiv?

Siobhan
06-05-2010, 09:28
Wow she must be very good if she has been chosen for that. Good luck to her. I take it you must be a marvellous dancer Shiv?

:lol: Oh your serious??

My teacher only teaches me pole dancing and I am the worst one ever.. I don't got to her "come dancing" classes.. She does them on Tuesdays.. she does "strickly come dancing workout" and "dirty dancing workout".. I think I will join them next session...

moonstorm
06-05-2010, 09:34
While the rest of the dancing classes sound very good - POLE DANCING!! That has to be the best. I would love to do that (and I think my husband would love it even more lol). And I bet you are good.

Siobhan
06-05-2010, 09:43
While the rest of the dancing classes sound very good - POLE DANCING!! That has to be the best. I would love to do that (and I think my husband would love it even more lol). And I bet you are good.

Ok..now were are going off topic but just to let you know, Pole dancing requires a lot of core strength. You do need to use your arms but not as much as you think, it is your stomach, legs and butt muscles that you use more to lift you off the ground.. it is great fun but you do end up bruise for the first couple of times you try it

moonstorm
06-05-2010, 10:36
It sounds like great fun but unfortunately we do not have any pole dancing classes in Gib :(

Perdita
13-05-2010, 17:50
Kristina Rihanoff has admitted that she doesn't expect Derek Hough to join the Strictly Come Dancing team.

The Russian dancer, who is currently working on the 'Strictly Professionals Tour', said that she expects the American will be too busy with commitments in the US to take part in the UK show.

"Derek is a good friend of mine," she told Sky1's Angela And Friends. "We did a tour of Dancing With The Stars together. I don't think he's going to come over. As far as I know, he's in a very strong relationship in Los Angeles with a very lovely girl. And there's so much work for him there.

"But we don't know. I don't know. We probably won't find out until July."

Hough was suggested as a potential new professional for the BBC series at the end of 2009. The rumours resurfaced when he was romantically linked to Cheryl Cole earlier this year.

When asked if the professionals are concerned about discussions over a show revamp, she added: "We all have the same attitude. We would all love to do the next series of Strictly, but we can't control it. It is out of our hands. You have got to live your life and enjoy what you do."

alan45
20-05-2010, 11:25
Strictly Come Dancing bosses are hoping to recruit Victoria Beckham and a number of other big-name stars for the next series, a report has claimed.

Show producers are keen to unveil an impressive lineup of celebrities this year and have been granted a bigger budget to do so, according to The Sun.

It is thought that Amy Winehouse, Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh and actress Patsy Kensit are among other famous faces who will be invited to become contestants.

Bill Clinton's daughter Chelsea and his ex-lover Monica Lewinsky are also expected to be approached to compete on the programme.

A Strictly insider said: "It's no secret last year's lineup was pretty rubbish and viewers weren't happy. This year we're going for much bigger names. We've got more money to spend as things like Jonathan Ross's expensive contract have come to an end."

Meanwhile, the Daily Mail reports that Gary Lineker and wife Danielle Bux are already in talks with producers over the possibility of signing up as contestants.

tammyy2j
20-05-2010, 15:35
The producers of 'Strictly Come Dancing' are reportedly keen to sign up Victoria Beckham and Amy Winehouse to take part in the next series of the BBC One show.

They are also hoping that Girls Aloud's Kimberley Walsh and ‘Holby City's Patsy Kensit will take part, reports The Sun.

Meanwhile, to add some controversy, it's claimed that ex-US President Bill Clinton's daughter Chelsea and his former lover Monica Lewinsky are also on the wish list for the show.

The paper reports that the budget has been upped for the next series, which is due to kick off in the autumn, and that producers are keen to sign up some big names to help boost ratings.

Other people linked to the show include former footballer Gary Lineker and his wife Danielle, as well as ex-MP Lembit Opik - best known for dating one of The Cheeky Girls.

A source said: "It's no secret last year's line-up was pretty rubbish and viewers weren't happy.

"This year we're going for much bigger names. We've got more money to spend as things like Jonathan Ross's expensive contract have come to an end."

Perdita
23-05-2010, 06:41
BEEB bosses believe they've found the PURRFECT way to save Strictly Come Dancing ... by signing up Lewis Hamilton's Pussycat Doll girlfriend.

They want Nicole Scherzinger - star of the American version of Strictly - to help sex up the next series after losing their ratings lead over rival X Factor.

Show bosses have offered her six figures - breaking the normal £50,000 fee paid to celeb dancers - to clinch the deal. And they hope she'll also be tempted by the chance to spend more time in her Formula 1 boyfriend's home country.

The 31-year-old Hawaiian became the BBC's top target after her success on Dancing with the Stars, where she wowed US audiences and made the final.

A show insider told us: "Nicole is everything we want for the new Strictly. She's a huge international star, incredibly sexy and has a fascinating private life. We're going all out to get her with a really big pay cheque, much more than we've offered celebs for the last two years.

"We hope Lewis is going to encourage her to do it because it means she'll get to spend a number of weeks close to his family here." Dancing with the Stars judge Bruno Tonioli described Nicole as a "divine enchantress" because of her superior tango.

The Beeb is ramping up its bid for more big name stars when Strictly begins in September.

Producers want fellow American Pamela Anderson to line up next to Nicole. They're also keen on ex-footballer Gary Lineker and wife Danielle Bux, Girls Aloud star Kimberley Walsh and Holby City actress Patsy Kensit.

The A-list line-up is part of a string of changes being made to Strictly this year. It will be cut down to a 12-week run with more shows being broadcast from Blackpool's Tower Ballroom.

Some of the show's veteran professional dancers - expected to include the controversial Anton du Beke - will be axed in favour of younger US dancers like Cheryl Cole's pal Derek Hough, who is partnering Nicole in America.

Our source told us: "Everyone at the BBC is aware how crucial it is to salvage Strictly's ratings this year." Last year it attracted four million viewers fewer than the X Factor on some nights.

NOTW

LostVoodoo
23-05-2010, 10:17
this is ridiculous, how can someone who has already been on the show go on it again in a different country?!

Chloe O'brien
24-05-2010, 12:41
It's outragous that she should be alowed to take part when she's been on the American version. She will have an unfair advantage over the others as she would have already know all the dance steps. Is she getting to partner the same professional as well?

Perdita
24-05-2010, 15:01
Strictly Come Dancing pros Darren Bennett and Lillia Kopylova have claimed that James Corden and Kylie Minogue would be their ideal dancing partners on the show.

The duo, who have been part of the BBC One ballroom contest since 2004, also admitted that they were still in the dark as to whether they would be involved in series eight later this year.

"No-one knows. We don't know who the celebs will be, who the professionals are, the format or timing of the show. We normally find out in June," they said.

When asked for his dream celebrity partner on the show, Bennett said: "Kylie Minogue! And it's not just because she can really move... it's a height thing, she's short, I'm short. But seriously, somebody who really wants to be there and wants to learn... it's very important that your partner is willing to put that time and energy into dancing."

Kopylova answered: "Someone with personality as you spend all day everyday with someone you've never met before, so it's nice to have a personality - someone like James Corden would be great - and he seems a good mover too."

Kopylova and Bennett launch their 'Latin Fever' tour at Brighton Dome on Saturday, June 5. Tickets are on sale now.

Perdita
24-05-2010, 20:38
Bruce Forsyth has refused to be drawn on whether he will return to Strictly Come Dancing this year.

The 82-year-old has fronted every series of the BBC ballroom show, but there has been no official word over his involvement in this year's run.

Speaking to the Sunday Express, Forsyth declined to clear up the uncertainty, commenting: "I am not going to confirm whether I am going back to Strictly or not - that information is strictly confidential."

Forsyth had previously confessed that he was undecided over whether to host this year's show.

Meanwhile, in April, his agent Jan Kennedy said that the presenter was waiting to hear about planned changes to the programme before making up his mind.

Forsyth's co-host Tess Daly has already pledged her future to Strictly.

moonstorm
25-05-2010, 11:12
As much as Brucie drives me mad, it just wouldn't be the same without him.

Katy
26-05-2010, 10:40
It wouldnt would it.

I know the Nicole whatsherface thing was a bit further up but me n my sister were talking about this as not only would it be unfair that shes already done the US one but shes also a backing dancer i though before she was in the pussycat dolls so surely thats an unfair advantage as well.

moonstorm
31-05-2010, 20:55
Alisha Dixon Confirms Strictly Return

Alisha Dixon has confirmed that she will return to her judging job on Strictly Come Dancing.

Dixon had previously told reporters that she wanted to focus on her singing career.

Ending months of speculation, Dixon told a tabloid newspaper that she almost quit the BBC ballroom contest over the ageism row that followed her replacement of Arlene Phillips last year.

The 31-year-old told said that she was determined to weather the storm and make her mark on the panel.

She told the newspaper "There were split seconds where I thought I wouldn't go back but I don't believe in giving up, that's not in my personality or character.

"If I set myself a challenge I like to complete it. I wouldn't have taken the job if I didn't feel I could."

She added: "I rode the storm and everyone on set made me feel so welcome because I knew them from competing.

"When I was a contestant it was ten hours a day, every day for four months.

"As judge I sat there and got to watch some great dancing. The pressure of having to dance live was tough."

Perdita
09-06-2010, 11:22
Brian Fortuna has quit Strictly Come Dancing due to changes in the show's format.

The dancer was dropped from the celebrity competition in the upcoming series but had been announced as one of the professionals taking part in a new 'dance group' segment.

Instead, he will focus on the stage show Burn The Floor, which he stars in with girlfriend and former Strictly partner, Ali Bastian.

Fortuna said: "I really enjoyed working on Strictly over the years - loved the fans and loved all the people I got work with - but there are changes planned for the next season so I've decided not to return to the show.

"Both Ali and I are looking forward to seeing all our fans at the Shaftesbury Theatre."

Other professional dancers from the last series who will no longer be involved as partners to the celebrities are Darren Bennett, Lilia Kopylova, Ian Waite and Matthew Cutler.

Fortuna won the 2009 Christmas special of Strictly with Bastian.

tammyy2j
09-06-2010, 15:36
STRICTLY Come Dancing babe Lilia Kopylova has been told to Foxtrot Oscar as part of a clearout of professional dance partners on the hit BBC show.

And in a double-blow Darren Bennett, the hubby of Lilia, has also been told that he won't be dancing with the celebs this year.

Other casualties include Brian Fortuna, Ian Waite and Matthew Cutler.

To soften the blow, the Beeb has "offered" them all roles in a new professional dance troupe on the show, which will "perform routines on a scale never before seen on Strictly".

But last night none of them had agreed to the lesser roles.

Meanwhile, three new male dancers are being drafted in - Artem Chigvintsev and Jared Murillo from the US and Robin Windsor from the UK.

Jared was one of the dancers in hit movie High School Musical and Artem worked on So You Think Can Dance in the States.

Cheryl Cole's pal and Dancing With The Stars pro Derek Hough will also appear on the show doing a solo dance.

This year's series will feature 14 couples, with Beeb bosses promising big names.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/3005666/Strictly-Come-Dancing-babe-Lilia-Kopylova-has-been-told-to-Foxtrot-Oscar.html#ixzz0qMnSFcd3

moonstorm
09-06-2010, 15:45
Well by boys will be most peeved about this, they only watched it for Lilia and for what she almost wears.

Perdita
09-06-2010, 16:07
:rotfl:

Perdita
10-06-2010, 09:58
Bruce Forsyth has not yet signed up for the new series of Strictly Come Dancing, according to a report.

The show's host has been offered a £660,000 deal to return to the programme following a meeting with the BBC in April, the Daily Mail claims.

However, it is thought that the 82-year-old has still not decided his future and has a month to inform bosses about his intentions.

A source said: "It's up to Bruce as to whether he feels up to it. It is a long haul and gruelling for him."

Forsyth refused to be drawn on his Strictly plans in an interview last month, insisting that they were "strictly confidential".

His co-presenter Tess Daly confirmed her involvement in the forthcoming run some time ago, telling a newspaper that she was "staying put".

Perdita
10-06-2010, 10:00
The lineup changes for the 2010 series of Strictly Come Dancing have divided opinion on the DS forums.

It was confirmed yesterday that three new male dancers - Artem Chigvintsev, Jared Murillo and Robin Windsor - will be joining the professionals on the ballroom dance contest.

Former stars Darren Bennett, Lilia Kopylova, Ian Waite and Matthew Cutler have had their roles reduced on the show. They will now perform in a dance troupe, but will not take part in the main competition. US dancer Brian Fortuna announced last night that he is quitting the programme after he was initially confirmed as part of the new dance group.

Fans of Fortuna, Bennett, Kopylova, Waite and Cutler have protested at the move. "I think Strictly has just signed its own death warrant and lost the battle with X Factor, not to mention the plot," said forum member SilverBird. "Ian Waite is one of the best all-rounders and teachers."

Lavitaebella commented: "I think the BBC underestimates the loyalties of us, the longtime SCD fans. And I think they may regret it in the long run."

Forum member Boddism criticised the BBC's selection of pros who will have a reduced role in the new run. "What irks me is keeping [Anton] Du Beke and to a lesser extent Brendan [Cole]," he said. "Du Beke especially is a weak dancer. [He is] most likely going to get an oldie and will be the most unable to cope with new dancing styles."

Matthew Cutler fan Bendymizer said: "[Matthew should] tell the BBC where to stick the show because that lineup with those terrible pros is never going to be a success."

However, there have been voices of support for the revamp, with Lucy Mane writing: "I think it is a great move. The show needed a boost of new dancers. The show looked tired and old last year.

"The older audience will not like the changes I guess. Newer and fresher dances this year. I think it will be more like Dancing With The Stars. Which is all good in my opinion. More eye candy. The producers want the show to be more hip and young."

Strictly returns to BBC One in the autumn.

Chloe O'brien
11-06-2010, 12:34
Why can't they have the new dancers doing the professional routines and leave Darren, Lila, Ian and Matthew with the professional partners. most viewers watch SCD for the professionals as much as the celebs. The beeb are making a huge mistake with these decisions,

megan999
21-06-2010, 17:19
If they make SCD like Dancing With The Stars, then I won't be watching it- and I've been watching Strictly every year.
I will miss the professional dancers, like Ian Waite, Darren and Lilia, etc. because for me, they make the show what it is. And also, I don't like Alesha Dixon on the judging panel. And IMO it is not fair to have Nicole S on SCD, it would be such a disadvantage for the other dancers. I like Bruce Forsyth presenting it, but he is getting old. Whoever takes over his role should have good chemistry with Tess, and not rubbish at the role like Ronnie Corbett was. If I remember correctly, I thought that last years amount of couples was far too many, and they made the programme far too long.:angry:

charlottec
21-06-2010, 21:49
In my opinion, the bbc havent listened to the public. Thousands of fans went to see the professional show and they are getting rid of three of the dancers. I only watched it for brian and matt, so in that thought, no point in watching it. ON many websites its been people say that they are fans, well if your not watching it this year then your obviously not. What they dont think about is the fact that most scd fans have watched it from the start and dont like the new change. I hated alesha last year, and this year they have made this decision. THINK ABOUT THIS BBC, LISTEN TO THE FANS AND NOT THE RATINGS,, WHICH ARE MORE IMPORTANT.

Abbie
01-07-2010, 12:42
I agree, Darren and lila were my favs as well! :(

Chloe O'brien
04-07-2010, 01:48
I admit when SCD first started I watched it for the celebs above the professionals, but over the last two, three years I tune in for the professionals. I love watching them and I've grown to admire Iain and James as the series go on. Bringing in new dancers if a great idea but they should start of doing the group routine first and not replace our favourite dancers.

Perdita
07-07-2010, 05:43
THE number of Strictly Come Dancing contestants will be cut from 16 to 14 this year - after bosses agreed that last year's series was too long.
It will last just 12 weeks, down from 14 last year, to hold viewers' interest.

But incredibly no one has yet signed up for the show, despite giving assurances that they will appear.

The judges, host Bruce Forsyth and the professional dancers who were not given the push in last month's cull have still not had contracts.

They fear their wages will be slashed in light of the reduced run.

Last year Brucie pocketed £500,000, the judges got £90,000 and the pro dancers around £30,000 each.

The BBC's plans for a professional troupe consisting of dancers axed from the main contest has also hit a stumbling block.

Ian Waite, Matthew Cutler, Lilia Kopylova and Darren Bennett have all been invited to take part in the downgraded group but have so far refused to sign up.

Brian Fortuna was also offered a role in the troupe but pulled out and blasted the BBC for axing him as one of the professional partners.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/3044118/Strictly-Come-Dancing-to-drop-two-contestants-to-shorten-series.html#ixzz0sy6iHwTY

Perdita
13-07-2010, 06:36
BRUCE Forsyth WILL sign up for the new series of Strictly Come Dancing - telling the Beeb he won't do "a Christine Bleakley".
The veteran host, 82, had faced speculation he may retire from the hit Saturday night dance series.

Old romantic ... Brucie with Puerto Rican wife Wilnelia
But Brucie said he was planning to sign a new contract and wouldn't quit the BBC like The One Show presenter Bleakley.

He told Radio Times: "I have a couple more meetings, but it's going well. I'm not doing a Christine Bleakley."

The presenter took a 15 per cent pay cut in 2009, bringing his £650,000 salary down to £550,000.

He said: "I took a cut last year before anyone else. If they want me to this year, I will, but I've never thought about it."

He added: "The BBC won't disclose individual salaries. The last thing you want is people being competitive about them."

BBC sources said it was normal for Bruce not to have signed up by now, but they expect him to seal another deal soon.

This year's series is not due to start until the second half of September after the number of celebs was cut by two.

Brucie denied he was hanging on until big names were announced.

Holby City actress Patsy Kensit has agreed to go on the show and former Baywatch babe Pamela Anderson has said she would love to take part.

Bruce said he and co-host Tess Daly "don't know who's on the show until a couple of weeks before."

The great-grandfather got into trouble last year for backing dancer Anton du Beke after he was caught up in a racism row for calling his celeb dance partner a "P***".

Brucie told the magazine: "Racially offensive language is never funny nor acceptable. But everybody has a nickname."

Advertisement

He also thinks it was wrong for Strictly to sack judge Arlene Phillips, 66. He said: "Ageism against women on TV is terrible."

The light-entertainment king - who previously fronted The Generation Game and Play Your Cards Right - said he now regretted doing so many game shows, branding them "money for old rope".

But he said that they had enabled him to spend more time with his Puerto Rican wife Wilnelia, a former Miss World.

He said: "People don't understand I can be the laziest person in the world.

"In Puerto Rico, I eat well and lounge on the beach reading lots of books, mostly court dramas."

Brucie also took a swipe at ITV's Britain's Got Talent for allowing kids to audition.

He said: "They shouldn't put children through it."

The presenter appears in two new shows - tomorrow's Channel 4 documentary Living with Brucie and next week's Who Do You Think You Are? on BBC1.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/3051331/Bruce-Forsyth-will-sign-with-BBC-for-new-Strictly-Come-Dancing-series.html#ixzz0tXPKxu1W

Perdita
18-07-2010, 17:03
Strictly Come Dancing bosses have reportedly given four professional dancers an ultimatum to sign up for the show.

According to the News of the World, the show's executives are losing patience with the stars, who have not yet confirmed a deal with the BBC to return for the upcoming eighth series.

Ian Waite, Matthew Cutler, Lilia Kopylova and Darren Bennett are thought to be the names still yet to put pen to paper.

There have been numerous rumours of a revamp of the programme, which the dancers are apparently unhappy about.

Perdita
19-07-2010, 15:05
Stars appearing on the new series of Strictly Come Dancing will reportedly be paid by the dance.

In a bid to make the BBC show more exciting, the competitors could earn as little as £10,000 if they exit early or up to £100,000 if they reach the final, reports The Mirror.

"This is a way of rewarding those who do well rather than paying one big lump sum. It makes sense and will act as a healthy *incentive," a source said.

The move will ensure that large sums of money are not paid to celebrities who last only a few weeks. Martina Hingis, who was voted off first last year, reportedly received £50,000 for competing.

Gavin Henson and Felicity Kendal are among the stars linked to the new series.

Perdita
19-07-2010, 15:20
Former world heavyweight boxing champion Frank Bruno has been linked to the latest run of Strictly Come Dancing.

According to the Sunday Mirror, BBC bosses are keen to get Bruno on the show for the upcoming eighth series, following the popularity of boxer Joe Calzaghe last year.

"Frank is one of the country's best-loved celebrities. He is still very fit and trains every day so the gruelling schedule of Strictly wouldn't be a problem for him," said a source.

"The producers have made getting Frank onto the show their number one priority."

Bruno, 48, was the world heavyweight champion in 1995 and became well known after retiring from the sport for his appearances in pantomimes around the UK.

Last year, a friend of the ex-boxer claimed that the BBC has snubbed Bruno for the seventh series.

Rugby star Gavin Henson, actresses Patsy Kensit and Felicity Kendall and politician Anne Widdecombe have all been linked to upcoming run of the BBC dance show.

Perdita
20-07-2010, 10:48
Lime PicturesHollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe has been linked to the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing.

Metcalfe, who plays Mercedes McQueen in the soap, has been approached by the BBC to take part, according to The Sun. The 26-year-old's former co-star Ricky Whittle finished runner-up in last year's Strictly.

"They really want Jen because she'd look amazing on the dancefloor," said a source. "She's really keen, the only problem is her Hollyoaks schedule."

Other stars linked to the upcoming eighth series of the reality show include Gavin Henson, Anne Widdecombe, Frank Bruno, Felicity Kendall and Patsy Kensit.

lizann
23-07-2010, 15:26
Matthew Cutler and Lilya Kopylova will not take part in the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The duo had been asked to perform in a new dance group on the BBC One show alongside Ian Waite, Darren Bennett and Brian Fortuna. However, both dancers have decided to pursue other opportunities instead.

Fortuna pulled out of the reality show last month.

The new dance group was introduced following the reduction in the number of celebrities taking part in this year's programme from 16 to 14, and the arrival of three new male dancers - Artem Chigvintsev, Jared Murillo and Robin Windsor.

Waite and Bennett have agreed to take part in the new dance troupe and will be joined by four new recruits, three female and one male.

Speaking about his exit, Cutler said: "I've absolutely loved my time on Strictly, and now is a good time to focus on developing new areas of my career. I'm excited about having more time to commit to new projects, and of course, still having a hand in Strictly without all the training!"

Kopylova, who has been on the show for six years, said: "I will miss it, but I am looking forward to new opportunities ahead. Of course I will be there to support [my husband] Darren and all of my fellow professionals."

Cutler joined the Strictly family in the third series and partnered celebrities including Siobhan Hayes, Carol Smillie, Christine Bleakley and Alesha Dixon, with whom he won the 2007 series title.

Kopylova's partners have included Don Warrington, Matt Dawson, Aled Jones and 2005 champion Darren Gough.

Both Cutler and Kopylova have not ruled out guest appearances on the show and are expected to be involved on an ad hoc basis in training.

Strictly returns this autumn to BBC One.

Chloe O'brien
24-07-2010, 03:18
Pants it's not going to be the same without the professionals we know.

Perdita
24-07-2010, 07:39
SEXY ex-Coronation Street actress Tina O'Brien is the latest star to sign up for Strictly.

Tina, 26 - who played gymslip mum Sarah-Louise Platt in Corrie - joins the new series in September.

She will step out with former Holby City actress, Patsy Kensit, The Good Life star Felicity Kendal, rugby ace Gavin Henson and ex-Tory MP Anne Widdecombe.

An insider said: "Tina will definitely spice up the show."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/3067384/Sexy-ex-Corrie-actress-Tina-OBrien-is-latest-star-to-sign-up-for-Strictly.html#ixzz0uZz4mMwM

Perdita
25-07-2010, 16:37
Brian Fortuna has admitted that he feels "disappointed" at being axed from Strictly Come Dancing.

Speaking to the News of the World, the professional dancer insisted that he had a "fantastic time" on the BBC reality show.

Fortuna, whose departure was announced last month, said: "I'm very disappointed. I had a fantastic time while it lasted."

It was announced earlier this week that Matthew Cutler and Lilia Kopylova were also quitting the programme.

Perdita
03-08-2010, 12:10
Kym Marsh has backed Tina O'Brien for Strictly Come Dancing.

It was reported last month that the former Corrie star had signed up to the show to help boost her career.

Marsh wrote in her New column: "Good for her - think she’ll be brilliant!

"Tina’s gorgeous and she and I enjoyed a few nights out in Manchester when she was on the Street. She is lovely and such a laugh."

She added: "Now that her daughter Scarlett is a bit older, Tina’s probably ready to go back to work."

The actress, who plays Michelle Connor in the ITV soap, also admitted that she wants O'Brien to reprise her role as Sarah Louise Platt.

"I’d love to see her back on Corrie, but obviously that’s her decision. She’s a very independent woman!" she said.

Perdita
05-08-2010, 05:46
STRICTLY Come Dancing was plunged into turmoil last night after one of its new stars had to fly back to America to avoid the risk of being DEPORTED.
Russian-born Artem Chigvintsev was told he would be kicked out of Britain as he had two jobs and was working too many hours.

The pro dancer had been poached by the Beeb from West End musical Burn the Floor, but kept working there.

But under Home Office rules he can only do 20 hours a week in a second job - and Burn the Floor wanted him for 38.

In heated emails to the musical's bosses, Beeb producers said that he was risking his visa and had to quit.

After Burn the Floor refused the BBC ordered Artem, 28, back to America, where he lives, to reapply for a work visa. It then launched a hunt for a stand-in for the opening shows.

A Strictly insider said: "It's embarrassing for the BBC. They basically had to do this to stop Artem being deported."

But Burn the Floor's furious creator Harley Medcalf has now threatened to sue the Beeb.

He said: "They have been arrogant and tried to bully us."

The BBC denied the claims and said that it had behaved "appropriately and transparently".

Artem was a contestant on season one of America's So You Think You Can Dance, an assistant choreographer for season two and appeared on Dancing With The Stars.

In an email seen by The Sun, a Strictly assistant producer told Artem's agent: "The UKBA (UK Border Agency) have told the BBC once the visa is issued Artem's sponsor will be the BBC and he can work 20 hours a week on Burn the Floor. For us, Artem cannot go over 20 hours at all for fear of being deported.

"We cannot stress how important this is. Strictly is so high-profile in the UK that we cannot put a foot wrong."

The Home Office said it was aware of the situation but would not comment.

The new series of Strictly starts in September, with dancers beginning rehearsals this week.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/3082216/Strictly-Come-Dancings-Artem-Chigvintsev-returns-to-the-USA-to-avoid-being-deported.html#ixzz0vhgigDEE

tammyy2j
05-08-2010, 16:10
A professional dancer scheduled to take part in the new series of 'Strictly Come Dancing' has reportedly had to go back to America in a bid to sort out visa problems.

According to The Sun, Artem Chigvintsev is being threatened with deportation as the overseas dancer is not allowed to work more than 20 hours a week in a second job, under Home Office regulations.

Chigvintsev has agreed to appear in 'Strictly Come Dancing' next month despite already working 38 hours for West End musical 'Burn the Floor'. He is now trying to reapply for a work visa so he can keep both jobs.

The Sun also reports that a 'Strictly' assistant producer told his agent: "The UKBA (UK Border Agency) have told the BBC that once the visa is issued Artem's sponsor will be the BBC and he can work 20 hours a week on 'Burn the Floor'. For us, Artem cannot go over 20 hours at all for fear of being deported.

"We cannot stress how important this is. ‘Strictly’ is so high-profile in the UK that we cannot put a foot wrong."

Dutchgirl
05-08-2010, 19:45
Well this Artem guy also has to take responsibility. He has to state what he likes to do than rather playing two parties against each other.

Perdita
07-08-2010, 13:07
Alex Reid has reportedly been rejected by the producers of Strictly Come Dancing.

According to the Daily Star, the cage fighter wanted to appear on the show to raise his profile, but bosses deemed him unsuitable and refused him a place.

His agents allegedly wanted to show viewers his softer side and believed he had a good chance of winning the competition.

A source said: "Alex is very co-ordinated, thanks to his fight skills, and fancies himself as a bit of a mover. But BBC bosses were less than impressed and they made it clear he wasn’t their type of market."

However, a spokeswoman for Reid said: "With Alex’s TV and fight commitments, Strictly Come Dancing would not have fitted into his schedule."

Reid, who is married to Katie Price, won Celebrity Big Brother in January of this year.

Abbie
09-08-2010, 23:10
Lol I wouldnt want to see him on there

Dutchgirl
10-08-2010, 09:32
Lol I wouldnt want to see him on there

Even more so if his wife was to trod along!!!

Abbie
10-08-2010, 13:22
I think thats why they dont want him on there

tammyy2j
11-08-2010, 11:27
Lilia Kopylova has admitted that she was "inconsolable" after having her role reduced on Strictly Come Dancing.

The 32-year-old Russian, who won the show in 2005 with Darren Gough, was one of the professional dancers offered a part in a new dance troupe rather than a celebrity partner.

Kopylova turned down the dance troupe offer, announcing that she was leaving the BBC One reality series last month. Her husband Darren Bennett will remain on the programme.

Speaking about her departure, she told The Mirror: "I was inconsolable. When I rang the BBC and told them I didn't want to take the new role on Strictly, I felt incredibly emotional.

"As soon as I put the phone down, I burst into tears and then carried on for around 40 minutes. It was one of the hardest decisions of my life, causing me lots of sleepless nights."

She said that the producers' decision to offer her a smaller role in the show had been like a "total bolt out of the blue".

"I didn't cry there and then in the meeting, because I am very professional, but I was very upset inside," she said. "Afterwards, Darren and I were in shock. You do think, 'Why us?' We've been the most successful couple."

The eighth series of Strictly will air in the autumn on BBC One.

Chloe O'brien
11-08-2010, 13:36
The beeb have made a huge mistake axing Lila and the other professionals.

Dutchgirl
11-08-2010, 14:24
The beeb have made a huge mistake axing Lila and the other professionals.

I touht she had a real good sparkle.

Dutchgirl
11-08-2010, 18:36
So is Ola also out?

F&CStrictlyBlog
12-08-2010, 10:14
Martine McCutcheon has also apparently been offered a role and turned it down due to lack of time. Agree definitely that it's a shame about the BBC axing favourites professional dancers.

Frankie and Clover
http://frankieandcloverstrictly.blogspot.com/

Perdita
14-08-2010, 09:35
Strictly Come Dancing series eight will be launched with a red carpet event at BBC Television Centre next month, it has been revealed.

The one-hour studio launch will feature the celebrities, judges and pro dancers meeting for the first time, ahead of the live shows starting in October.

For the first time in the show's history, viewers will be able to watch the moment that the celebrities and pros find out who they are being partnered with for the series, in front of a live studio audience. In the past, the 'first meets' have been filmed in advance in either training rooms or workplaces and only shown on the first live show.

The programme will also feature "spectacular group routines" from both the celebrities and pros, and a revamped set ahead of the autumn live shows.

BBC controller of entertainment commissioning Mark Linsey said: "In a series that features more excitement and glamour than ever before - a red carpet event is the ideal way to launch this year's Strictly. This, along with a fantastic line-up of celebrities, even more professional dancers and a revamped set, will see this series getting off to a great launch."

The Good Life actress Felicity Kendall, Conservative politician Ann Widdecombe, TV star Patsy Kensit, ex-boxer Frank Bruno, rugby star Gavin Henson and former soap star Tina O'Brien are all rumoured to be taking part in the ballroom dance show.

The Strictly Come Dancing launch show will air on Saturday, September 11 on BBC One. Three weeks later, on October 2, the lives shows will start.

Perdita
15-08-2010, 17:47
Kelly Brook is reportedly in talks with Strictly Come Dancing bosses to return to the show.

The model was forced to pull out of the 2007 series after the death of her father, but new executive producer Moira Ross wants to give her another chance to compete, according to the Daily Star Sunday.

A source said: "Kelly is one of the hottest contestants we’ve ever had on the show. Talks are still going on, so we will have to wait and see whether this year will be the one for Kelly. We hope so."

It is claimed that Ross is hoping to make the upcoming eighth series the "sexiest" yet. Other celebrities rumoured to have signed up to the dancing show include Tina O’Brien, Jennifer Metcalfe and Gavin Henson.

Perdita
16-08-2010, 05:55
STRICTLY Come Dancing celebrities will meet their pro partners for the first time during a special live show of the BBC1 hit.
The two groups, plus the judges, will get together ahead of the eighth series which starts in October.

First meetings were previously briefly aired in the opening live episode.

Special group routines and a revamped set are also part of the plans.

Ex-Coronation Street star Tina O'Brien, rugby ace Gavin Henson and former Tory MP Ann Widdecombe are said to be competing this year.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/3096818/Strictly-Come-Dancing-celebrities-to-meet-their-pro-partners-in-live-show.html#ixzz0wk2m7iX4

Abbie
16-08-2010, 10:28
I love the group routines, I think thats a good idea and it works really well on Dancing with the stars

Perdita
23-08-2010, 06:13
Strictly bosses looked to the stars to see their destiny – and promptly signed Michelle Williams up for the show.

Michelle, 30, sang with Beyonce Knowles in Destiny’s Child, the most successful RnB girl group ever. After they split in 2005 Michelle went on to play Roxie Hart in musical Chicago in London and New York.

A Strictly source said: “Michelle is a real star who has sung in huge venues and acted in the biggest theatres. But that doesn’t mean she can ballroom dance.

“We are taking her out of her comfort zone and getting her to do something from scratch. In her Destiny’s Child days she could be a bit of a diva, so it will be interesting to see how she finds the intense training along with drinking tea in a BBC canteen. It will certainly be an eye-opener for her.”

Michelle is still friends with Beyonce, and BBC bosses hope they may even persuade her to come and watch the show or perform here.

The BBC declined to comment on the line-up.

The celebrities will be officially announced next month and are thought to include rugby player Gavin Henson and Good Life actress Felicity Kendall.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/08/21/strictly-come-dancing-bosses-sign-up-destiny-s-child-singer-michelle-williams-115875-22502312/#ixzz0xP2pxLFe

Perdita
27-08-2010, 07:03
TALK about troupe-ing the colour! Pretty Tanya Perera is really in the pink after being picked as one of Strictly Come Dancing's new pros.

She's one of four fresh faces who will perform weekly routines on the BBC1 show, which starts on September 11.

Tanya, who was in the West End production of Dirty Dancing, will team up with another newcomer, Shem Jacobs.

They're joined by Aneta Piotrowska, who'll dance with Ian Waite, and Crystal Main, who'll be Darren Bennett's partner.

Several of the pros, including Ian and Darren, will have no celebrity partner this year.

The Sun

tammyy2j
02-09-2010, 12:42
Keith Lemon will never enter Strictly Come Dancing because he says 'it looks too hard'.

Speaking at the UK premiere of Scott Pilgrim vs The World, the Celebrity Juice star said:

"The training you have to do for Strictly. No way! I'm too busy with my movie and Celebrity Juice."

But Keith is no stranger to dancing after he entered Lets Dance for Comic Relief.

He said the training was gruelling: "I didn't even know I had to do that much training and it turned out I had to train for two weeks."

Perdita
02-09-2010, 13:16
The Strictly Come Dancing series eight launch show will not clash with The X Factor.

Last month, the BBC revealed that the ballroom dance reality TV show would be returning with its first ever red carpet opening episode on September 11. Unlike last year's series opener, it is not scheduled to overlap with the X Factor auditions on ITV1.

Tess Daly and Bruce Forsyth will return to reveal the 14 celebrities that are taking part in this year's competition in a one-hour special at 6.25pm on BBC One. The X Factor airs on the same evening at the slightly later time of 7.45pm.

The Strictly launch show will unveil a new set, three new professional dancers and for the first time the celebrities will discover their pro partners in front of a live studio audience.

Strictly lost out in the ratings battle with The X Factor last year when the shows went head-to-head, despite posting its second-best viewing figures of any series.

Earlier today, Simon Cowell repeated his criticism of the BBC for scheduling the shows against each other, claiming that Strictly should always be on earlier.

Perdita
04-09-2010, 06:25
Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly will host the Strictly Come Dancing results shows this year, it has been confirmed.

Bruce Forsyth and Daly will remain as the presenters of the main Saturday night shows, while Winkleman will replace the veteran host for the elimination episode. The new results shows will not feature a dance-off, but instead include pro-dance performances and the all-important elimination.

Winkleman, who presented the main show with Daly and Ronnie Corbett when Forsyth was sick last year, will also return to host It Takes Two.

BBC controller of entertainment commissioning Mark Linsey said: "Strictly pioneered the Sunday night results format and this year we're back with the perfect finish to the weekend.

"Tess and Claudia were the obvious choices to present and we're really proud that a fresh Strictly will return with must-see, family event television."

The Strictly Come Dancing red carpet launch show airs at 6.25pm on September 11, when all the celebrities will be introduced to their professional partners for the first time.

Three weeks later, all the competitors will perform on shows split over the weekend from October 1. No couple will be eliminated in the first week, as all the points will be carried forward to the following Saturday's show, allowing the audience two weeks to decide their favourite couples.

Winkleman said: "I'm properly excited about working alongside Tess on the Sunday results show. I'll be fully immersed in all things tango and sequin as I'm still hosting It Takes Two weeknights on BBC Two, too. They've just told me the lineup. One word. Excited."

Perdita
04-09-2010, 19:02
Ex-Blue Peter presenter Matt Baker has reportedly joined the lineup for the next series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The 32-year-old Countryfile host, who is also a former gymnast, will be one of 14 celebrity contestants taking to the dancefloor in the eighth series of the reality show, the Daily Mail claims.

The paper also reports that other rumoured contestants such as MP Anne Widdecombe, Holby City actress Patsy Kensit and rugby star Gavin Henson have now confirmed their spots on the programme.

One celebrity supposedly not appearing on the new series will be Girls Aloud star Kimberley Walsh, after she today denied ongoing speculation about her participation.

Strictly Come Dancing returns to BBC One next Saturday at 6.25pm.

Perdita
05-09-2010, 06:23
TV LEGEND Bruce Forsyth might be saying "Nice to see THE BACK OF you" at the end of this series, we can reveal.

Strictly bosses think the 82-year-old will throw in the towel due to his advancing years.

Recently he signalled he wanted to slash his workload by giving up the Sunday-night results show.

Now Beeb chiefs are bracing themselves for him to quit the Saturday-night show too.

A source said: "We are all resigned to the fact this is likely to be Bruce's last series of Strictly.

"He himself has said he feels every year gets harder and harder.

"The sensible thing for him to do would be to announce it at the start of this series - but we expect him to keep everyone in suspense and do it at the end."

The new Strictly begins on Saturday - when the celebs are unveiled and introduced to the dancers.

They then have three weeks to rehearse before the contest starts.

If Bruce does announce his retirement live on air, he will follow in the footsteps of fellow showbiz icon Cilla Black, who quit Blind Date without warning in 2004.

Strictly is expected to continue with Bruce's co-host Tess Daly and another star at the helm.

Top of the list is Claudia Winkleman, the host of Strictly spin-off show It Takes Two, and Tess Daly's new co-host on the Sunday shows.

Her charm and wit is greatly admired by BBC1 Controller Jay Hunt - and she was recently named as Jonathan Ross's replacement on his film-review show. Our source said: "Jay loves Claudia. She's the favourite to take over from Bruce."

The octogenarian has been fronting Strictly since it began in 2004 - but some viewers have criticised him as "too old". Two years ago there were complaints his jokes were cringeworthy when he called contestant Jessie Wallace "Jelly Wallace".

Yet the same year many fans signed a petition to get him a knighthood.

That hasn't happened but he has got an OBE and CBE under his belt.

Our source said: "It was entirely Bruce's decision to give up the Sunday-night show.

"He doesn't give up anything lightly but he made it clear to producers he no longer has the stamina for two shows."

If Brucie does leave the Saturday show too, many will be saying: "Didn't he do well."

NOTW

alan45
08-09-2010, 00:12
The celebrity lineup for series eight of Strictly Come Dancing has been announced.

Heading up the bill are Destiny's Child singer Michelle Williams, Conservative MP Ann Widdecombe and movie star Jimi Mistry.

This year's soap stars hitting the dancefloor include ex-Corrie actress Tina O'Brien and EastEnders duo Scott Maslen and Kara Tointon.

Rugby player Gavin Henson, The Good Life actress Felicity Kendall, ex-Blue Peter star Matt Baker and Holby City's Patsy Kensit, who had all been strongly rumoured to be taking part, have also been confirmed.

Completing the list are surprise additions DJ Goldie, TV magician Paul Daniels, ex-England goalkeeper Peter Shilton and comedian and psychologist Pamela Stephenson.

The eighth run of the reality show will also include a new set, which features a 9m x 14m dancefloor, three glitterballs and six new spherical chandeliers, 300m of red velvet drapes and 1250m of LED lighting.

Strictly returns with a special red carpet launch show, hosted by Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly, on Saturday at 6.25pm on BBC One. During the show, the 14 celebrities will be introduced to their professional partners for the first time.

Perdita
08-09-2010, 07:50
Gavin Henson has admitted that he is scared about getting turned on during his time on Strictly Come Dancing.

The rugby star, who was among the names confirmed earlier today for the upcoming eighth series, confessed that he may not be able to control himself if he's performing a raunchy routine with his pro partner. :eek:

Asked about his biggest fear for the BBC One show, he answered: "Getting aroused when I'm dancing close to my dance partner."

Meanwhile, fellow celebrity participants Pamela Stephenson and ex-EastEnders actress Kara Tointon also revealed that they are looking forward to the raunchier routines on the show.

"I love the cha cha cha, [it's] flirtatious and cheeky in every sense of the word!" said Stephenson. "Argentine tango is my favourite slow dance because it is seething with passion, and I also like a scalding hot, dirty salsa!"

The wife of Billy Connolly also joked that she is hoping for a "hottie" pro partner to work alongside on the show. "I know I'm going to have to shake my butt in public," she said.

Soap actress Tointon said that she is looking forward to the tango the most, adding: "There's something very seductive and powerful about that dance, and it's always fun to feel seductive and powerful from time to time."

Strictly returns on Saturday with a red carpet launch show at 6.25pm on BBC One.

Perdita
09-09-2010, 06:22
Ann Widdecombe has revealed that she was inspired to take part in Strictly Come Dancing after watching John Sergeant.

The former Conservative MP, who was recently revealed as one of the 14 celebrities competing in this year's series, said that she hoped to be as successful as Sergeant on the BBC show.

According to The Sun, the 62-year-old said: "I took inspiration from John Sergeant. Watching him was the thing that persuaded me to do it."

Sergeant caused controversy in 2008 after the public routinely voted to keep him in the competition despite criticism from the judges. He eventually pulled out of his own accord.

Widdecombe added: "I'm this year's John Sergeant!"

She went on to admit that she was struggling with the technical, rather than the physical, side to the programme's gruelling training regime.

She said: "The training is very tough. We're doing over five hours a day. I am fit, so I don't find it physically draining. But technically it's murder!

"I'm like a pantomime act - four steps behind everyone else. I'm doing it for fun. I don't dance, but I am enjoying it. I shall be looking for a dance partner who can cope with my ineptitude."

Widdecombe added that she would not be too disappointed if she was voted out of the competition early, adding: "I don't think I shall be remotely emotional if I get voted off the first week, but if I stay in I'll enjoy it. Either way I win."

Strictly Come Dancing begins this Saturday at 6.25pm on BBC One.

Perdita
11-09-2010, 20:37
The pairings for this year's Strictly Come Dancing have been revealed on the BBC One launch show.

All 14 celebrities found out who they would be dancing with during the series in front of a live studio audience at Television Centre. Hosts Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly announced one by one who would be partnered with which professional dancer.

Actress Felicity Kendall was matched with Vincent Simone, DJ Goldie will team up with Kristina Rihanoff, Gavin Henson will perform with Katya Virshilas, while Kara Tointon was handed new pro Artem Chigvintsev.

Former footballer Peter Shilton will be trained by Erin Boag, Patsy Kensit partners Robin Windsor and film star Jimi Mistry will tackle the dancefloor with Flavia Cacace. Tina O'Brien is with new boy Jared Murillo, Pamela Stephenson has landed James Jordan, while Scott Maslen will be working on his dance moves with Natalie Lowe.

Destiny's Child popstar Michelle Williams will pair up with series one champion Brendan Cole, while ex-Blue Peter host Matt Baker is partnered with Aliona Vilani.

The final two couples are Paul Daniels, who is dancing with last year's winner Ola Jordan and Ann Widdecombe, who will be trained by Anton Du Beke.

The first Strictly live show will air on Friday, October 1 on BBC One.

Dutchgirl
12-09-2010, 15:20
I wasn't impressed by the new introductions. I think the pros did their best in being pleased with who ever was their partner. But I could have imagined that they rather have preffered to know on forehand.

Chloe O'brien
13-09-2010, 11:27
What a farce. We all new poor Anton was going to get Ann and Orla was going to be paired with Paul Daniels. Can't have her winning two years on the go. She wasn't supposed to win last year. If they want to pair the celebs with professionals on a live show they should have it like a lottery of a world cup draw were they pull names out of a hat. My moneys on Brendan and Michelle he was so delighted on Saturday night.

tammyy2j
13-09-2010, 13:00
DJ Goldie will team up with Kristina Rihanoff, Gavin Henson will perform with Katya Virshilas, while Kara Tointon was handed new pro Artem Chigvintsev, while Scott Maslen will be working on his dance moves with Natalie Lowe

I wonder which of these 4 will make the headlines for romance off the show *coughs* made up for more publicity

I think Michelle and Brendan will win or at least make the final

Perdita
13-09-2010, 16:22
Kara Tointon has been ordered to delay training for Strictly Come Dancing over fears that she could have an unfair advantage in the competition.

According to the Daily Star, show bosses handed a one-week ban to the former EastEnders actress due to her having already clocked up 21 hours of training for a Sport Relief special that she won in 2008.

"Everyone working on the show recognised that Kara had an unfair advantage," a source claimed. "Even for those who have danced before, ballroom is a completely different discipline, so the fact that she's got a week's training under her belt might well have outraged some viewers."

Meanwhile, Tointon revealed that she had previously rejected an offer to join the 2009 series after her Sport Relief victory.

"They asked me to take part last year but I'd just come out of EastEnders and wanted to concentrate on acting. Then when they asked me again this year I realised what a fantastic opportunity it was to learn a new skill. And of course I love everything about the show," she said.

Tointon and ex-Blue Peter host Matt Baker emerged this week as the joint favourites to win this year's programme.

alan45
15-09-2010, 00:18
Pamela Stephenson has revealed that EastEnders' Scott Maslen has had a mishap with the Strictly Come Dancing tanning machine.

The Not The Nine O'Clock News star claimed that Maslen was suffering from a case of "two toned sack" following the backstage incident.

Writing in a Guardian blog about her experiences on the BBC reality show so far, Stephenson said: "I started with the spray tan. My initial resistance - my children have begged me to avoid turning orange - lasted a mere 10 days, before I entered the backstage misting booth like a lamb to the slaughter. I awoke next morning with the smell of baked vinyl emanating from my skin.

"But for others it was worse. Fellow contestant Scott Maslen revealed that he mistakenly put his disposable g-string on back-to-front and one of his testicles fell out; he now has a terrible case of two-toned sack."

Explaining her new beauty regime for the dance show further, she added: "I even shaved my pudenda completely bald to ensure a smooth crotch line, although I needn't have bothered because there were four layers of fabric between it and the wildly cheering live audience.

"Only I and 30 members of the ingenious costume department knew that under my costume I wore two pairs of tights (slimming, tan-coloured fishnets over fat-squishing support hose that also lift the buttocks), a pair of breath-squeezing stretch pants sewn into the dress (need I mention that going to the toilet was extremely challenging?), a stretchy midriff cincher to suck in my 'muffin top', and a hydraulically operated push-up bra welded to the entire mother ship."

Chloe O'brien
15-09-2010, 09:50
Kara Tointon has been ordered to delay training for Strictly Come Dancing over fears that she could have an unfair advantage in the competition.

According to the Daily Star, show bosses handed a one-week ban to the former EastEnders actress due to her having already clocked up 21 hours of training for a Sport Relief special that she won in 2008.

"Everyone working on the show recognised that Kara had an unfair advantage," a source claimed. "Even for those who have danced before, ballroom is a completely different discipline, so the fact that she's got a week's training under her belt might well have outraged some viewers."

Meanwhile, Tointon revealed that she had previously rejected an offer to join the 2009 series after her Sport Relief victory.

"They asked me to take part last year but I'd just come out of EastEnders and wanted to concentrate on acting. Then when they asked me again this year I realised what a fantastic opportunity it was to learn a new skill. And of course I love everything about the show," she said.

Tointon and ex-Blue Peter host Matt Baker emerged this week as the joint favourites to win this year's programme.

What it's taken her 12 months to discover she can't act. She should have come on here we would have told her how wooden she was months ago :lol:

Perdita
16-09-2010, 10:45
Gary Barlow and Robbie Williams will perform their new single 'Shame' on the first weekend of Strictly Come Dancing live shows.

The Take That duo will appear on the Saturday, October 2 programme, which will feature the 14 celebrities dancing either a cha cha cha or a waltz.

Williams and Barlow performed together for the first time in 15 years at the Help For Heroes charity concert last weekend.

Executive producer Moira Ross said: "Having Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow performing on our first live weekend is a fantastic way to kick off this series. With all 14 celebrity couples either dancing a waltz or a cha cha cha, it's going to be an exciting start to the show."

Strictly returns on Friday, October 1 and Saturday, October 2 for a weekend of live performances on BBC One and BBC HD.

Perdita
19-09-2010, 11:02
Alesha Dixon has said that she would never consider quitting her role as a judge on Strictly Come Dancing, despite receiving criticism upon joining the show last year.

The former Mis-Teeq star, who replaced choreographer Arlene Phillips on the judging panel, faced negative feedback from viewers after her debut on the dancing contest last September, with some arguing that the series five winner had not enough experience for the job.

According to New magazine, Dixon said of the experience: "I can't deny it was hurtful because it was, and what did take me by surprise was the fact that a lot of the negativity happened before I had even opened my mouth. Some of it was personal and that was really tough to deal with. I did feel a lot of it was blown out of proportion, however.

"I am not the type to quit. I am a fighter and I knew I had to just let it all pass by. I was determined to hold my head high. There is no way I was going to ever give in."

However, Dixon added that she was feeling a lot happier about her role for series eight.

"I'm just really relaxed actually," she said. "I've got the easy part. It's the celebrities who have the hard job. It's all about the contestants and no matter how much flak I was taking, I knew my part was very small compared to what they were all going through.

"There is no respite - training takes over! At the same time, you really pray you won't get voted out as it's just such an incredible experience. I feel honoured to have the best seat in the house."

The Strictly Come Dancing live shows begin on October 1 at 9pm on BBC One.

Perdita
20-09-2010, 09:07
Scott Maslen has revealed that EastEnders is helping him fit in his training for Strictly Come Dancing.

The soap star, who plays Jack Branning, said that he would not be having a reduced role on the BBC One soap, claiming that special arrangements are being made for him shooting scenes.

"Hopefully it will work... it will work, I'm going to make sure it does," he told DS. "They are going to truncate my work on EastEnders. So I'll be doing all the scenes for one week in one or two days. It will be early starts and late finishes."

Speaking about his training for the group dance on the Strictly launch show, Maslen said: "I was working at EastEnders so it was a bit of a nightmare, so I've had a stressful couple of days. At 'Enders, sometimes it was dragging on and I was sitting there thinking, 'What time am I out of here?' You know, it's like I need to do my training!"

Maslen also said that his pro dancer partner Natalie Lowe would be spending some time "living" with his wife and kids, and that he would be visiting the Australian's home in Clapham. "We'll all be together so I'm looking forward to it," he added.

The first Strictly live show airs on Friday, October 1 on BBC One.

Perdita
20-09-2010, 10:05
The BBC is reportedly planning a Christmas version of Strictly Come Dancing.

According to The Mirror, the show's producers are hoping to include high-profile celebrities who are unable to commit to the original series.

The Christmas special will allegedly see stars rehearse and film the show within two weeks. The events will then be compiled into a single programme.

"A one-off Christmas tournament gives celebs the chance to taste a bit of Strictly glamour without committing to the full run," a source said. "We're hopeful that big names who don't have the time or the energy to work on a series might have two weeks. Their families can see them strutting their stuff on Christmas Day."

The first Strictly Come Dancing live show of the new series will air on October 1 on BBC One.

tammyy2j
24-09-2010, 14:09
'EastEnders' star Scott Maslen has said his 'Strictly Come Dancing' professional dance partner Natalie Lowe will spend time in his home while he trains for the show.

The actor, who plays Jack Branning in the soap, told Digital Spy that Lowe would be "living" with his wife and children and that he would also visit her home.

"We'll all be together so I'm looking forward to it," he said.

Maslen revealed he has made special arrangements with the soap's bosses to accommodate his training schedule.

"Hopefully it will work... it will work, I'm going to make sure it does," he said.

"They are going to truncate my work on 'EastEnders'. So I'll be doing all the scenes for one week in one or two days. It will be early starts and late finishes."

The first live episode of the new series of 'Strictly Come Dancing' airs on BBC One on Friday, 1 October.

tammyy2j
01-10-2010, 11:28
The Daily Mail reports that former 'EastEnders' star Kara Tointon is rumoured to be "smitten" with her professional dance partner, Artem Chigvintsev.

The pair were photographed at a shopping centre earlier this week with a source telling the Daily Mirror that it "was obvious to everyone from the first rehearsal there was a huge spark between them".

However, a spokesperson for Tointon said: "Of course Kara and Artem are spending lots of time together. They are training every day. But they are just good friends."

moonstorm
01-10-2010, 15:14
Patsy Kensit 'close to collapse on Strictly'

Patsy Kensit was reportedly close to collapse during her training for Strictly Come Dancing.

Kensit is apparently struggling to cope with the intense rehearsal sessions in the wake of her marriage breakup earlier this year, according to The Sun.

A source said: "It's all very stressful for her. She's over-worked and worried about how much rehearsing she has put in."

A Strictly spokesman confirmed: "She's been working insanely hard."

Kensit recently told DS that she was taking part in the celebrity dance contest to rebuild her confidence.

Perdita
04-10-2010, 06:42
STRICTLY Come Dancing beauty Kara Tointon has revealed she felt SUICIDAL after quitting EastEnders and failing to land a new role.
Kara, 27, who played Dawn Swann for four years, seriously thought about taking her own life as she waited for months for the phone to ring.

And when she continued to fail auditions, the dyslexic actress wanted to end it all.

She said: "I'll be honest, I've felt suicidal. I know that sounds dramatic but it's really tough out there. You're used to being busy and then, all of a sudden, you're not. It's the worst thing ever."

Kara, eventually took the chance to compete in the popular BBC dancing contest - and topped the leader board on Saturday night's show with professional dance partner Artem Chigvintsev, above.

She blames reality TV for her career slump. She said: "Acting-wise it's been on its knees. It's a disaster out there.

"I've thought about giving up acting for good. Many times.

"During the down times, you're just waiting for the phone to ring, it's awful."

Perdita
05-10-2010, 13:59
Scott Maslen has revealed that he plans to wear a pair of Speedos to win extra votes on Strictly Come Dancing.

The EastEnders actor, who was named 'Sexiest Male' at the Inside Soap Awards last week, told Closer magazine that he hopes to make fans go "weak at the knees".

"I've got a little Speedo number on the show," he said. "I'm sure it's going to make my female fans weak at the knees."

He continued: "I won't wax, but I will trim - I have to tame the beast!"

The 39-year-old and partner Natalie Lowe scored 29 points for their "raunchy" first dance on the BBC show last weekend.

moonstorm
05-10-2010, 15:03
Speedos should NEVER be worn by a man over 21!!!!

Perdita
05-10-2010, 15:18
Surprised that he does not want to wear those new pants sold by Marks & Spencer that lift the bottom and enhance the front part, that would probably make some men go weak at the knees too :lol:

Perdita
06-10-2010, 16:46
Patsy Kensit has admitted that she doesn't expect to survive the first eviction on this weekend's Strictly Come Dancing.

Kensit and her pro partner Robin Windsor only scored 22 points for their waltz last Friday, finishing near the bottom of the leaderboard.

The Holby City star revealed on This Morning that her busy filming schedule meant that she currently had no idea what she would be performing at the weekend.

"My schedule is impossible at the moment [because of Holby], last week I had no training time whatsoever before the first live show - I'd had ten days prior to that," she said. "And then this week we haven't trained at all. I don't even know that we have a routine for Saturday!

"I knew that the first two weeks were going to be impossible, but I was up for the challenge and I spoke to my kids about it because obviously it affects home life as I'd be working 18 hour days and the boys said 'If you want to do it, great'… but it has been harder than I thought, and If I get through this weekend then that would be great but I think I'll be going home."

Speaking about her lack of confidence at the moment and the breakdown of her latest marriage, she added: "I've had a bit of a crummy year, but we all have tough times and I don't want to over egg the soufflé as it were, but I did have to pick myself up from something and get on with it, and show my kids that life isn't perfect.

"I don't want anyone to feel any form of sympathy for me whatsoever, but of course I didn't think I'd be sitting here having this conversation, it was something I didn't think would happen. But you know, [ex-husband] Jeremy is a great guy and honestly I wish him the best and I just have to focus on my kids."

Strictly continues on Saturday at 5.45pm on BBC One.

moonstorm
07-10-2010, 11:32
Was a bit surprised by how big she looked on strictly, she seems much slimmer on Holby.

Dutchgirl
10-10-2010, 20:40
So Anne and Paul to be in the finals.

Goldie should not have been voted out. It is stupendous.

I think Kara has a lovely personality. She is so genuine. I love her for it.

Perdita
10-10-2010, 21:37
Goldie has become the first celebrity to be eliminated from the eighth series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The music producer and professional partner Kristina Rihanoff were sent out after coming bottom of the leaderboard once the judges' and audience votes for their cha-cha-cha and foxtrot performances were combined.

As there is no dance-off this year, host Tess Daly announced the first four pairings to have been saved, before revealing that Peter Shilton and Erin Boag were in the bottom two. She later returned to grant everyone but Goldie and Rihanoff a spot in next week's show.

The partnership received a standing ovation after being sent out of the show, and both Daly and co-host Claudia Winkleman claimed to be "shocked" by the result.

After hearing the result, Goldie said: "It's alright, it's alright ain't it? I had a great time, I got super fit which is good, so I'll keep that up."

When asked about his dance partner Rihanoff, he added: "I think she's fantastic and she's really really wonderful, [a] great teacher. I wish I could have been better."

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday at 6pm on BBC One.

Perdita
12-10-2010, 15:25
Peter Andre will perform his new single 'Defender' on this weekend's Strictly Come Dancing.

The pop singer is the latest big name act secured for the BBC One programme following the performance of Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow in the series opener earlier this month.

Speaking about his reasons for playing the reality show, Andre said: "I am so honoured to be performing on Strictly Come Dancing, I love the show so much.

"It seems an ideal show for the first performance of my new single ‘Defender’, especially as the video is based around a very complex and testing dance routine. It'll be great to premiere it in front of some professional dancers!"

Strictly continues on Saturday at 6pm on Saturday, followed by the results show at 7pm on Sunday.

LostVoodoo
13-10-2010, 17:06
i've won tickets for next saturday's show (23rd) and i really hope I get a bigger name than Peter Andre! holding out for Beyonce...

Perdita
13-10-2010, 17:29
i've won tickets for next saturday's show (23rd) and i really hope I get a bigger name than Peter Andre! holding out for Beyonce...

Congrats and hope you have a great time :)

Chloe O'brien
14-10-2010, 09:43
Well done Voodoo. make a banner or somthing and we'll look out for you. Give Bruno a kiss for me.

Widdecombe 'won't quit after brother death'

Ann Widdecombe has reportedly vowed to stay on Strictly Come Dancing despite the death of her brother.

*Malcolm Widdecombe passed away on Tuesday after a long battle with cancer. He was in his early 70s.

The former vicar apparently managed to watch Ann's salsa on Saturday's show from hospital but lost consciousness later that night.

Despite her loss, Ann is believed to be determined to carry on in the BBC competition, insisting that it is what he would have wanted her to do.

A Strictly source told the Daily Mail: "Ann is being a stoic. The producers told her that, of course, she should miss this week's show. But one of *Malcolm's last acts of consciousness was to turn to the TV screen and laugh fondly at Ann.

"He loved her performance the week before. His wife Meryl and his children very much want Ann to continue to do the show."

Another insider told The Sun: "This is a deeply emotional time for her. She loved her brother and they were very proud of each other. Her fans will be amazed to discover the turmoil she's been hiding.

"No-one would blame Ann if she quit now. But Ann simply isn't a quitter and her dancing brought Malcolm so much joy she's just determined to carry on."

Malcolm retired last year after 47 years at the helm of an evangelical church in Bristol. His funeral is due to be held next week and will be conducted by his son Roger, who is also a vicar.

megan999
14-10-2010, 17:07
TINA O'Brien has been forced to pull out of performing on this weekend's Strictly Come Dancing after coming down with chicken pox.

She was due to be dancing the rumba on Saturday with American partner Jared Murillo, who is devastated at the news because seven members of his family were flying over from Utah to see them perform.
The former Corrie star's doctor said she can't perform this week so in accordance with the show's rules she'll go straight through to next week's show.
But if she's still unable to dance next week she will have to leave the competition.
Tina, 27, exclaimed: "I am devastated. I was so looking forward to this week's show. Jared and I have spent so much time and effort on a really fantastic routine and I just couldn't wait to perform it on Saturday.
"Hopefully I will bounce back quickly and be on top dancing form soon, ready to come back straight into the next routine. I will be watching them all this weekend."

source: The Sun Online 14/10/10

(http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/3180240/Sick-Tina-pulls-out-of-Strictly.html#ixzz12LkhhKAM)

megan999
14-10-2010, 17:10
Well Done LostVoodoo, hope you have a great time :D how did you win the tickets?

I feel sad for Ann's loss. I don't think she'll win Strictly, but she'll be doing it for her brother now. :(

LostVoodoo
14-10-2010, 17:31
thanks guys, i just won the tickets via the normal ballot on the BBC website. should make for a good blog post!

Perdita
16-10-2010, 07:21
LIMLINE Fern Britton will flaunt her new look on the dance floor in the Strictly Christmas special.
Fern, who has shed SIX STONE since having a gastric band fitted in 2006, has just signed up to do the show.
And the 53-year-old - who dazzled with a Singin' In The Rain routine on Let's Dance for Comic Relief in 2009 - can't wait.

A BBC insider said: "Fern's really excited about taking part and is watching the current series for inspiration. She says she'll be nervous when it comes to facing the judges.
"The Strictly bosses are really happy she's signed up, too. They know viewers want to see what she'll look like in the typical Strictly frocks now she's lost all that weight.
"There's no way of knowing yet if she'll be up to scratch in the Latin and ballroom numbers - but she did very well in Let's Dance!"
Former ITV This Morning host Fern initially kept her gastric band secret and faced a backlash in 2008 when she admitted it was behind her weight loss.
She denied misleading fans and said she'd also eaten less and exercised more after the op, since which she's dropped from a size 22 to a 14.
She will be joined by five other celebs for the one-off show, which is expected to air on Christmas Day.
Ali Bastian won last year.
But this year, for the first time, the contestants won't have taken part in Strictly before.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/3182666/Gastrictly-Come-Dancing.html#ixzz12V4cnXmw

Perdita
17-10-2010, 16:06
STRICTLY Come Dancing heartthrob Brendan Cole has been forced to take time off from the show after his beloved dad died.
The Kiwi dancer fled to his native New Zealand last after hearing 69 year-old Eddie Cole - originally from Glasgow - had lost his long battle with cancer.
But incredibly, brave Brendan hid his anguish on Saturday night's show despite having been told of his dad's death just the day before.
The star was told by Beeb chiefs he could skip the show and his dance partner Michelle Williams could be given a bye.
But a source said: "Brendan was heartbroken but he's a professional and he couldn't let the BBC or Michelle down.
"He kept it to himself and just got on with putting in a performance.
"His dad would have wanted him to do it and he probably couldn't have gotten a flight back to New Zealand that quickly anyway.
"Obviously Eddie's death was very much on his mind on Saturday's show but he was cheered by the fact he had his ticket booked and would be seeing his family really soon."
Brendan has feared the worst for some time as his dad has battled cancer for over a decade.
A lifelong drinker and smoker, three years ago he spent five weeks in intensive care after his lungs and kidneys failed.
Brendan said at the time: "To see Dad fighting for his life was terrible - he's my friend as well as my dad.'
He flew home with brother Scott and wife Zoe Hobbs and will be in Christchurch, New Zealand for at least a week arranging the funeral.
In the meantime, Destiny's Child star Michelle will dance practice with Ian Waite and perform one dance with him next weekend.
A BBC spokeswoman said: "Our thoughts are with Brendan and his family''.
Brendan's dad dying is the second tragedy in a week to have hit the BBC1 dance fest.
Ann Widdecombe's 73 year-old brother Malcolm Widdecombe passed away from cancer last Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3183833/Grieving-Cole-takes-time-off.html#ixzz12d3EvMmS

Chloe O'brien
17-10-2010, 16:26
Poor Brendan. He was very quiet last night when the judges gave their comments on Michelle's dancing.

moonstorm
18-10-2010, 10:11
Poor Bredan, hope he comes back soon but I don't think Michelle will last long! Well done Lost Voodoo, give us all a big wave.

lizann
18-10-2010, 10:55
I havent got into this season at all

Chloe O'brien
18-10-2010, 12:38
Poor Bredan, hope he comes back soon but I don't think Michelle will last long! Well done Lost Voodoo, give us all a big wave.

I don't know I like Michelle and she is getting a bit of a harder time from the judges than some other celebs. If she is doing the Tango with Ian she should do well. Ian is the Tango king he scored a 10 with Zoe Ball.

moonstorm
18-10-2010, 12:49
Oh I remember that dance Chloe, if was fantastic. I think she would be good if she loosened up a wee bit.

megan999
18-10-2010, 17:36
I havent got into this season at all

I don't watch the whole thing. I am only interested in Scott Maslen, Kara Tointon, Matt Baker, Ann Widdecombe. If X Factor wasn't on the same day, I'd probably watch the whole of SCD.

LostVoodoo
20-10-2010, 17:19
does anyone know who the special celeb guest is on Saturday? the BBC are being strangely tight-lipped about it. i hope it's not Cliff Richard!

megan999
20-10-2010, 17:20
does anyone know who the special celeb guest is on Saturday? the BBC are being strangely tight-lipped about it. i hope it's not Cliff Richard!

I heard it was going to be Peter Andre! - but that was last week. Sorry, I don't know.

Chloe O'brien
21-10-2010, 01:35
I read somewhere it was going to be Neil Diamond. Remember to wave the banner voodoo or wear something so we can look out for you,

LostVoodoo
22-10-2010, 19:33
it is Neil Diamond, not happy about that! But Robin and Kristina are dancing to him and there's also a pro jive to look forward to! getting excited now...i also get to see ann widdecombe fly!

Siobhan
24-10-2010, 20:53
I tune into this for the 1st time on Saturday and tuned out 5 mins later.. who is the gay italian judge?? he is possibly the most annoying man on the planet.. I couldn't watch any more

Perdita
25-10-2010, 06:55
Peter Shilton has become the third celebrity eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing.

The former England goalkeeper and professional partner Erin Boag failed to win round the public and the judges with their energetic Charleston.

It was first revealed that Michelle Williams and professional partner Ian Waite, who is standing in for Brendan Cole following the death of his father, had finished in the bottom two for the second week running.

However, when the full results were announced it was Shilton and Boag that stepped onto the floor for their final dance.

Shilton, who admitted to being "disappointed" with his performance before discovering the outcome of the vote, praised the strength of this year's contestants before leaving the show.

"I've had a fantastic time, obviously," he stated. "I didn't dance as well as I could tonight, but there's some fantastic dancers there. It's been a great experience I've loved every minute of it... It's been so exciting and I've had the chance to be taught by the best of the business."

It was also confirmed tonight that Williams will be reunited with Cole on next week's show.

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday at 6.25pm on BBC One.

Dutchgirl
25-10-2010, 09:15
I tune into this for the 1st time on Saturday and tuned out 5 mins later.. who is the gay italian judge?? he is possibly the most annoying man on the planet.. I couldn't watch any more

When Bruno starts talking I shut down. He flaps around like a wounded sea gull. the dancing celebs are fab though.
Scott Maslen is so good. I also like Kara she is so down to earth and honest. Never thought I would like her. She was such an airhead in EE.

Cannot wait for the Argentinian Tango I just adore it.

Chloe O'brien
25-10-2010, 12:30
I love Bruno he's mental. Love the Tang and the Argentine Tango. My kind of dance.

moonstorm
25-10-2010, 12:40
Bruno is the baddie and every show needs a baddie!

Katy
25-10-2010, 19:12
im loving matt scott kara and ann! they are all brilliant in there own special ways.

Perdita
26-10-2010, 06:01
STRICTLY bosses want Ann Widdecombe to make her entrance this week on a HORSE like Lady Godiva - but unlike the legendary beauty, she will NOT be naked.
They have cooked up the plan in an effort to top last week's show, when the ex-Tory minister "flew" into the studio on a highwire.

The stunt attracted 10.8million viewers.

Show chiefs initially hoped to have her ride in on an ELEPHANT, but scaled down their ambitions due to health and safety rules.

They are still trying to talk Ann into the idea. They say if she objects they may have her carried on stage on a throne by male dancers.

A source said: "It would be great for her to ride in. It depends what she is up for doing. Ann is very strong-minded."

Meanwhile, Ann, 63, yesterday vowed not to quit like a previous unlikely public favourite, broadcaster John Sergeant, did in 2008.

She declared: "I will not be doing a John. I think what he did was rude, to be honest.

"I will be there until people want to see the back of me."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/3196643/Strictly-bosses-want-Ann-Widdecombe-to-enter-on-a-horse.html#ixzz13RDmhPjF

Katy
26-10-2010, 09:01
fair play to her! she shouldnt quit as shes being kept in by the public as shes entertaining. It is an entertainment programme after all they arent meant to be professionals!

moonstorm
26-10-2010, 09:43
Good old Ann, you gotta lover her :lol:

Chloe O'brien
26-10-2010, 10:27
Ann deserves top marks for entertaining. But this is a dancing competition and she's not dancing. There has to come a time when she has to go as it would be unfair on other cotestants being who are making progress getting votied of before her. Apart from Gaving who looks really unhappy when he's dancing the rest of the celebs are doing really well and don't deserve to be booted before Ann.

Perdita
27-10-2010, 07:38
John Barrowman has been confirmed for the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special.

The Torchwood and Desperate Housewives star is one of the first names booked for the festive special of the BBC One show.

For the first time ever, the Christmas Strictly will feature a new cast of celebs, who will be filmed over a two-week period. Producers are aiming to capture stars who have missed out on the full series because they couldn't commit for the whole autumn.

Speaking about hitting the dancefloor, Barrowman said: "I've watched Strictly since the first series and I'm ecstatic to have been asked to be part of the Christmas special.

"I am looking forward to the challenge as it's so different to any of the dancing that I've done before in musicals. But more than anything, I am so looking forward to wearing the costumes. I can guarantee this: there will be sequins."

LostVoodoo
27-10-2010, 13:07
hey everyone, just so you know i had a FAB-U-LOUS time at the show on Saturday! I could write all about it, but it's probably easier if you just read my blog post (lol, plug plug plug) http://frankieandcloverstrictly.blogspot.com/

Chloe O'brien
27-10-2010, 15:33
Glad you had a fab time Voodoo. Are you going again.

megan999
27-10-2010, 17:10
Yes, Strictly is about Entertainment, but there should come a time when enough is enough and the talented dancers should shine. Good dancers should not be sent home because viewers want to see Ann riding a horse! It's getting ridiculous IMO.

megan999
28-10-2010, 17:10
MICHELLE Williams is on crutches yesterday after injuring her foot in Strictly training.

It's "touch and go" whether she is fit to dance on Saturday.

Source: The Sun 28/10/10

Perdita
31-10-2010, 08:47
Patsy Kensit, Robin Windsor ('Strictly Come Dancing')

She started on Strictly Come Dancing looking like a bag of nerves and wobbled her way through a dodgy waltz in week one. But what a difference a month can make! Patsy Kensit is now winning big points from the judges and looks at home on the dancefloor. We caught up with the TV actress and her pro partner Robin Windsor last week to find out what inspired the transformation.

You were criticised for your fitness levels last week. How are you resolving that?
Robin: "It's been tiring this week. For Patsy more than me, I think."
Patsy: "He's really put me through it. After the judges' comments about my stamina and not being able to keep the energy up throughout the dance, Robin has had me running and cross-training. On top of six hours of dancing. I keep falling asleep in corners just to grab naps, but then he always comes and wakes me up."
Robin: "I made Patsy do the routine for 12 times in a row without stopping. I felt a little guilty afterwards, but I think it helped. It's an enjoyable intensity."

What can you tell us about this intense fitness regime, Robin?
Robin: "I've had her running around the park doing laps, laps and laps. And I just sit there reading the paper. It's great! She's doing star jumps. Weights in the gym. Sit-ups with the medicine ball. On the treadmill. And just constant dancing. It's properly intense. Six or seven hours working out in total."

You've spoken about how low you felt before the series. How has this show turned things around for you?
Patsy: "It's something that I have been very open about recently, but I'm actually in the place now where I don't think about the past anymore. It's really given me... you can't keep looking back in life because you are stuck in one place. This show has really given me the ability to immerse myself in the joy of learning to dance and my spirits are definitely lifted. I'm loving working with Robin and I haven't had anytime to reflect on my situation. Doing Strictly was a gamble, but I'm enjoying every moment of it. I'm treating every dance as if it is my last - I keep getting told off for that because I need to be more positive - but I'm having a blast. There's no need or time for me to think about the past - what a blessing it is."

Is your confidence fully back now?
Patsy: "I think that it's something that is coming back. I think when you are younger you bounce back quicker from knocks. I think at my age of 42 it's a little bit tougher and really takes you by surprise. I don't think three shows on Strictly and I'm all great again, but something inside is definitely growing. It's not going to happen overnight, but this is giving me pleasure. I think you will either love or hate doing Strictly and if you don't [love it], it will be really clear to see."

Have you seen changes in her, Robin?
Robin: "Patsy is like a completely different person. Last week, I said, 'Who are you, and what have you done with Patsy?'. This is not the Patsy I met six or eight weeks ago. I see the progression and day by day she gets better and better. If you compare our waltz with our jive, she's unrecognisable as the same person. And she's lost a huge amount of weight as well, which is a huge confidence boost for anybody."

How much weight have you lost?
Patsy: "Nearly two stone. I have to say in all honesty, you'd pay a lot of money for that type of stuff. It's Robin's work and it is incredible."
Robin: "My job is to teach Patsy to dance, but I also see it as making this the most enjoyable and memorable experience at the same time."
Patsy: "When this stops, I will 100% keep it up. I think a lot of my weight was emotional weight. I've always done running and I was doing it like an athlete at times, but no weight was shifting. But doing this with all the joy and excitement, the weight has just dropped. I will keep taking classes and it is so much more enjoyable than the gym, it really is. All I can say is thank you Robin, and thank you Strictly."

You've said in a recent interview that you have cellulite. How do you feel wearing the skimpy outfits next to younger girls like Tina and Kara?
Patsy: "I do have cellulite. I have it everywhere. From the neck down! These girls are young and gorgeous. I'm very comfortable in my age and how I look in this time of my life. The costume department do wonders with the way they cut things. I see the other girls, but I think we all occupy our own space in the show. I want to be in a space for me that is appropriate, as I am a mum. There's nothing more embarrassing for the boys than seeing their mum dancing on TV. But the dresses and costumes are incredible. They are made like pieces of armour, so even with all the pulling and kicking, they are just constructed so well. Costumes, make-up, that whole aspect of the show is just incredible - every department is exceptional."

What have your kids been saying about your performances?
Patsy: "I think after my waltz, my son said, 'No offence mum, but it wasn't the best dance'. But I'm just mum to them. I can understand that the last thing they want to see on TV is their mum dancing. But they're both great boys and very accepting. James isn't watching, he's working and doing football, but Lennon watches it."

Is is true that you have a girl crush on Ann?
Patsy: "And Claudia [Winkleman]. I have a style crush on Claudia. I really appreciate Ann's demeanour. I think she's very funny and a very kind lady. She's got a great sense of humour. We do both have prayer before the show, although we don't do it together as I think has been reported somewhere. And Claudia's just incredible. She's like Chrissie Hynde! She's just wonderful."

If you hadn't done Strictly, do you think you'd have still been struggling emotionally with your life?
Patsy: "I have two boys, I have to get out there and make a living. I think the healing process was inevitable, but I think doing Strictly has just boosted it. It's been a real escape. I don't have the opportunity to reflect on the bad place I was in over the past year. It's taken me to a whole new world of hairspray and eyelashes and glitter. All of that. But ultimately, I'm a mum and you have to show your kids that sometimes in life, things aren't perfect. So, of course, I'd have picked myself and carried on. If I didn't do that, what sort of mum would I be?"

You've just left Holby City. Do you have ambitions to get back into movies again?
Patsy: "I don't have any ambitions outside of British television. I'm really happy within this job and format. I see actresses like Jane Asher, Joanna Lumley, Felicity [Kendal], I see their careers and they are all fabulous. I love things like Spooks, and to do something like that with a strong character would be just brilliant. It would be nice to do something different to the sort of damaged character I did in Holby. But I'm not interested in working outside of British TV. I also want to get back on the school run!"

You are looking amazing and you've stopped having Botox. What's your secret?
Patsy: "I think it was a long time since I did anything like that in my life. You can't keep having it if you are acting. But I don't know whether I look young. There's lots of lines and wrinkles. But maybe it's the exercise? Maybe it's the extra hours of sleep that I'm getting since I stopped working on Holby? I don't know."

The Strictly results show airs tonight at 7.30pm on BBC One.

JustJodi
31-10-2010, 17:08
oh for heavens sake 42 is not OLD,, look at Anne Widdencombe bless her heart !!!!!!!! And Felicity,, those two have a few decades on her,,for heavens sake,, shes as bad as Faye in real life LOL

Perdita
31-10-2010, 21:48
Tina O'Brien has become the fourth celebrity to be eliminated from the latest series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The former Coronation Street star and professional partner Jared Murillo found themselves in the bottom two alongside Felicity Kendal and Vincent Simone, after failing to rack up viewer votes with their Halloween-themed Argentine tango.

Upon hearing the news, O'Brien expressed her regret that the public hadn't seen the same amount of potential in her as the judges.

"I have had the best experience of my life but if it's to be, it's to be," she said. "I've had the best time ever, I can't thank you all enough and I'm just really sorry to Jared 'cause i really wanted to do more."

When asked what she would take away from her time in the show, O'Brien replied: "A love of dancing. I think it's something I want to continue for the rest of my life."

Before hearing who had been eliminated, show judge Alesha Dixon stated that she would be particularly upset by O'Brien's exit.

"It would be such a shame to lose Tina, she's got so much more to give. For me she's at that stage where she's growing."

Fellow judge Craig Revel Horwood agreed with Dixon's assessment, describing the result of the public vote as "unbelievable".

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday at 6.15pm on BBC One.

Perdita
03-11-2010, 12:04
Scott Maslen has become the new bookmakers' favourite to win the Strictly Come Dancing crown.

The EastEnders actor has replaced TV presenter Matt Baker with bookmakers Paddy Power following his 39 point-scoring Viennese waltz.

Maslen is now rated at 13/8, shortly ahead of Baker at 7/4. Ex-soap star Kara Tointon (5/1) and Pamela Stephenson (7/1) are also being hotly tipped for success.

Ann Widdecombe is now backed with odds as short as 12/1, ahead of Jimi Mistry (18/1) and Felicity Kendal (33/1).

Gavin Henson (50/1), Patsy Kensit (80/1) and Michelle Williams (100/1) are now considered longshots and likely to be battling against elimination this weekend.

Tuareet
05-11-2010, 14:33
Off to see Strictly tomorrow, can't wait!! :0)

Perdita
05-11-2010, 14:38
Have fun :)

Tuareet
05-11-2010, 14:40
Oh I will, can't wait to see Ann Widdecombe do her Charleston!!lol

Chloe O'brien
05-11-2010, 14:41
Oh I will, can't wait to see Ann Widdecombe do her Charleston!!lol

Oh lucky you give us a wave.

Perdita
05-11-2010, 20:05
Strictly Come Dancing contestant Felicity Kendal will reportedly cover a black eye with make-up on this weekend's show.

PA reports that the 64-year-old actress has been nursing the injury during rehearsals, having taken a fall in last week's performance.

"She will be wearing a couple of layers of foundation this week after nursing a black eye following an altercation with a cupboard," a show source said. "She will be dancing extra hard this week after finishing in the bottom two last time."

Strictly Come Dancing continues tomorrow at 6.15pm on BBC One.

Katy
07-11-2010, 09:49
shes 64! no way! I thought she did well last night.

Dutchgirl
07-11-2010, 10:54
Scot to win. He did look vulnerable in the Rumba. Class act.

Chloe O'brien
07-11-2010, 16:29
I want Matt to win or Pamela. I wish Michelle could do better I don't want Brendan to leave.

megan999
07-11-2010, 16:50
I want Scott or Kara to win (because of EastEnders :D) Kara's routine was amazing :clap: Ann's routine made me laugh out loud :rotfl:

Perdita
07-11-2010, 21:34
Jimi Mistry has become the fifth celebrity to be eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing.

The 2012 star and professional partner Flavia Cacace made a tearful and shocking exit from the competition after finding themselves in the bottom two alongside Michelle Williams and Brendan Cole.

Mistry appeared stunned as Tess Daly revealed that he had failed to attract viewer votes with his cheeky quickstep, which had in fact given him his best score yet from the judges.

When asked to comment on the result, Bruno Tonioli declared that viewers had experienced " a moment of madness".

"The fact is that he had his highest score since the series started, his performance was beautiful, very entertaining. I don't see it as him deserving to be in the bottom two."

Surviving contestant Felicity Kendal echoed Tonioli's reaction, stating: "I'm completely shocked about Jimmy, I thought he was wonderful. I can't believe it, it must have been a mistake."

Upon hearing that he had finished in the final two, Mistry declared: "It is what it is I suppose. We've done the best we've done and I've had a fantastic time whatever happens, so it's fine."

However, the 37-year-old appeared too emotional to speak upon being given his marching orders and instead stepped out for a final dance with Cacace, which was accompanied by a standing ovation from the judges and ballroom audience.

Chloe O'brien
07-11-2010, 22:54
Yeah the good old popularity vote triumphs over best dancer again. It should have been Scott and Ann in the bottom two this week. Not Jimi and Michelle.

Tuareet
08-11-2010, 12:09
I was in the audience on Saturday night and you certainly do get a different view on things. Bruce Forsyth is actually really funny, he came on before the show started and had a chat with the audience and told a few jokes then he had a dance with a lady from the audience, he is so down to earth. Tess is also great, she came on before Bruce and is also really down to earth and does everything in 1 take, (they record parts of the Sunday night show before the live show on Saturday night). Craig and Bruno are extremely funny and Craig is nothing like the horrible person he is portrayed as, they are both constantly messing about. Len was the first judge in his seat as he said he was fed up with hanging around in his dressing room.
Also when if you hear anyone say the celebrities or dancers don't get on, this is not true and they actually get really emotional just before they find out who is leaving out of the bottom 2, Vincent was curled up in a ball on the floor beside me, Felicity Kendal was stood up next to him and Kara and Artem were just behind them, they were all really emotional when the announcement was made as to who was going. We had a great time and although there is a lot of hanging about the BBC do look after you.

Perdita
08-11-2010, 12:14
Thanks for giving us an insight as member of the audience, sounds like you had a great time :)

Chloe O'brien
08-11-2010, 12:21
Thanks for that. Glad you had a great time. Did you get a chance to meet any the professional dancers or their partners.

moonstorm
08-11-2010, 12:45
Many thanks for that, it's great to get a first hand insight.

Tuareet
08-11-2010, 12:48
No I didn't actually meet any of the dancers are you are not allowed but they do come around and say hello. Also I had a dazzling smile from Artem when he was stood by us waiting to go on, his teeth are so white!! Earlier on in the year my daughter met James and Ola Jordan and they were really lovely to her.

Perdita
08-11-2010, 14:27
Alesha Dixon and Annie Lennox will sing on next Sunday's Strictly Come Dancing results show.

The two singers will be joined by the show's professional dancers for their performances, according to the Radio Times.

Show judge and former Strictly champion Dixon is expected to perform her new single 'Radio' from her sophomore solo album The Entertainer. Lennox will sing a track from her upcoming A Christmas Cornucopia LP.

The Strictly results show airs at 7.30pm on Sunday on BBC One.

Perdita
10-11-2010, 11:54
The BBC have responded to criticism from Strictly Come Dancing fans about the current results show format.

The corporation confirmed that complaints had been received from viewers who are "unhappy" that there is no dance-off between the two lowest-scoring couples any longer. Instead, the couple with the lowest combined viewers' and judges' scores is automatically eliminated.

"By removing the dance-off we are going back to basics," it was said in an official response. "This was the original Strictly format - the couple with the lowest combined points leaves the competition.

"Strictly Come Dancing is an entertainment dance show and audiences will vote for who entertains them the most on a Saturday night - whether that be a couple who dances superbly, or a couple who dances to the best of their ability and brings [the] most enjoyment and amusement. Taking the decision away from the judges as to who stays or goes gives our viewers the power of the final say."

The broadcaster claims that the format allows the pre-recorded programme, hosted by Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, to increase "suspense" for the viewers as they wait for the results.

"The Strictly Come Dancing results show is now shorter than last year and has the results threaded throughout the show," the statement continued. "We believe this allows the viewers to enjoy even more suspense as to who will stay and who will go. It also allows viewers a chance to get reactions from the couples throughout the show, those safe and those in the bottom two, which we have never been able to do before as the elimination was at the very end of the show."

Dutchgirl
14-11-2010, 10:44
Wow Scott was brilliant.
I do not know what the judges make of Kara. She deserved more than that. Her Argentine Tango was brilliant. I just loved it. It was so sharp and dramatic. Kudos.:bow:

megan999
14-11-2010, 16:48
Wow Scott was brilliant.
I do not know what the judges make of Kara. She deserved more than that. Her Argentine Tango was brilliant. I just loved it. It was so sharp and dramatic. Kudos.:bow:

Totally agree. I now want Kara to win, followed by Scott. Michelle to go home tonight.

Perdita
15-11-2010, 06:45
Michelle Williams has become the sixth celebrity to be eliminated from this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

The Destiny's Child star didn't appear to be surprised at finding herself in the bottom two for the fourth time in six weeks of voting, putting on sarcastic jazz hands in a display of mock surprise.

The 'Survivor' singer and professional partner Brendan Cole found themselves at the bottom of the public vote alongside Felicity Kendal and Vincent Simone after failing to impress with their confused paso doble.

Upon finding out that she been eliminated, Williams quipped: "Of course I'm sad about leaving but I don't have to worry about being in the bottom two again."

When asked to name the best thing about her Strictly appearance, she added: "Just making new friends and dancing with probably the most amazing dancer [on earth]."

The result revealed, show judge Bruno Tonioli commented: "I have to be honest, the competition is so fierce. Michelle tried very hard but it didn't quite come to fruition. The effort was there but the result wasn't what it should have been and the public saw that."

Strictly Come Dancing returns live from the Blackpool Tower Ballroom next Saturday at 6.30pm on BBC One.

Chloe O'brien
15-11-2010, 09:50
I'm surprised Michelle didn't smack Brendan on Saturday night when he pushed her on the floor. He was not happy with her you could tell when they stood up. It's a shame I had high hopes for Michelle and now we won't see Brendan's gorgoeus body for another year.

JustJodi
15-11-2010, 17:15
I have a feeling that we have not heard the last of Michelle and Brendans last night on Strictly,what he did to her was UN PROFESSIONAL,, thats just my opinion,, Scott and Tara are both really good,, closely followed by Matt ( hes better at ballroom I think ) Looks like the judges have given up trying to say any thing to Lady Anne LOL she apparently is this years SCD's comic relief, poor Anton, hes such a trooper,,,one series I would love to see Anton with a half way decent dancer/partner

Katy
17-11-2010, 07:16
i love Kara, wathced a documentry on her the other night about her dyslexia and its really made her go up in my estimations!

tammyy2j
17-11-2010, 13:41
So who is left now?

Chloe O'brien
17-11-2010, 14:18
Matt, Scott, Gavin, Kara, Pam, Patsy, Felicity and Ann

moonstorm
17-11-2010, 14:24
Patsy to go next please!!

alan45
18-11-2010, 00:15
The five celebrities taking part in the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special have been revealed.

Following on from the announcements that The Rt Hon Vince Cable MP and Torchwood's John Barrowman would be taking part, three final names have been added to the bill.

Ex-This Morning host Fern Britton will be dancing with Matthew Cutler, EastEnders icon June Brown will partner Vincent Simone and comedian Ronni Ancona is teamed up with Anton Du Beke.

Barrowman will hit the dancefloor with Kristina Rihanoff, while Cable is partnered by Erin Boag.

All five celebrities will perform different dances for the Strictly judges and studio audience in the hope of winning a new Christmas Special trophy.

Speaking about her decision to sign up for the reality show, Britton said: "Strictly Come Dancing is my family's favourite programme. I am thrilled to be included in the Christmas line up.

"Of course I shall be nervous but I am trying to dilute that with the thought of the fun involved. I am not a trained dancer and only wish to do as well as I can for my professional partner and the Christmas viewers. Oh and I am really looking forward to the spray tan, false eyelashes and sequins!"

Ancona joked: "It's a wonderful opportunity to finally have confirmed that I don't actually have two left feet... Just two right ones."

Cable said: "I am delighted to be taking part in this year's Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special. Strictly has always been a secret, or not so secret, passion of mine. I hope that by taking part in the show I can inspire others to get up and do something they have always wanted to have a go at."

BBC head of entertainment and events Katie Taylor added: "Building on the success of the current series of Strictly - that has taken us literally to new heights - I am very excited that this year five fresh celebrities are prepared to don their dancing shoes, show us the cut of their cha cha chas and delight BBC One viewers for Christmas."

megan999
21-11-2010, 16:48
Why is Len so down on Kara? Why did he keep going on about her doing a Fox Trot, wasn't it an American Smooth??

JustJodi
21-11-2010, 17:39
Why is Len so down on Kara? Why did he keep going on about her doing a Fox Trot, wasn't it an American Smooth??
I was wondering the same thing too,, seems like Len has changed so much this series, hes HARDER on the contestants than he used to be in the other series,, thats just how I see it,, dunno what U other folks think :searchme:

Dutchgirl
21-11-2010, 18:25
I was wondering the same thing too,, seems like Len has changed so much this series, hes HARDER on the contestants than he used to be in the other series,, thats just how I see it,, dunno what U other folks think :searchme:

I feel the same. It wasn't Kara's fault. If anyone is to blame it is the professional. Again she did a superb dance. If she doesn't wint it I will be thoroughly surprised.

megan999
21-11-2010, 19:07
IMO Len can be more harsh than Craig. I find Craig's put-downs funny, but not Len's. I want Kara to win :D

Katy
21-11-2010, 20:43
how awful was it watching Artem when he looked in sooo much pain! he was as white as his suit, the poor guy. What a pro!

Perdita
22-11-2010, 06:00
Felicity Kendal has become the seventh celebrity to be voted out of this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

The Good Life actress and professional partner Vincent Simone landed at the bottom of the public vote alongside Patsy Kensit and Robin Windsor, despite having secured her highest score yet for their American smooth in last night's Blackpool Tower Ballroom special.

Upon hearing that she had finished in the bottom two for the third time, Kendal rested her head against Simone's shoulder, as he called out in protest.

When asked to comment on the result, the 64-year-old stated: "It's been such an amazing thing. I'm here because of [Vincent], he's just phenomenal, he's just a genius."

She then looked around at the historic ballroom and added: "What a way to go, It's fantastic. This is the place to go home from."

Host Tess Daly then confirmed that Kendal had received the fewest amount of viewer votes, prompting a standing ovation from the entire venue and a tearful, consolatory embrace from Kensit.

"It's [been] the luckiest time of my life," she declared. "This has been the most extraordinary journey, I wouldn't have missed a second of it."

Asked to weigh in on the public's decision, judge Alesha Dixon stated: "I actually think Felicity had one of her better nights, but unfortunately it's the nature of the beast and it's the way the cookie crumbles."

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday at 6.30pm on BBC One.

tammyy2j
22-11-2010, 14:31
I want Matt to win

JustJodi
24-11-2010, 09:28
Matt did one wicked dance Sat.. he really made Scott look bad LOL

megan999
25-11-2010, 17:40
STRICTLY judge Alesha Dixon has risked reigniting a feud with The X Factor after slamming the show's judge Cheryl Cole for miming.

The 32-year-old said she would hate to lip-synch performances because it would "feel really fake".

But the dance judge did admit that she might mime if she had to perform early in the morning before her voice had woken up.

X Factor star Cheryl, 27, drew criticism from fans for lip-synching to parts of her single, Promise This, during a strenuous dance routine on the show.
Alesha said: "The only time I lip-synch is when I do breakfast TV, because I have to get up at 4.30am and my voice isn't awake.

"I hate miming. Sometimes you do TV shows where you have to because they're not set up for live vocals but I feel really fake doing it. I want to connect with the audience and you do that by singing live."

Cheryl's Girls Aloud bandmate Nadine Coyle has also said that she would not want to perform on The X Factor because it would mean that she would have to mime.

The 25-year-old also said she wasn't a great fan of the ITV1 hit and hardly ever watches it.

source: The Sun

Perdita
27-11-2010, 09:49
Strictly Come Dancing's remaining stars have been horsing around with a Wild West theme as they prepare for tonight's show. S

The group, who have earned their spurs over the past few weeks, swapped the ballroom for the bar-room to dress as cowboys and cowgirls.

The stars, in stetsons and bandanas, will be showing off the good, the bad and the ugly on the dancefloor on BBC1 at 6.30pm tonight Saturday).

Patsy Kensit, Pamela Stephenson and Kara Tointon dressed as sexy showgirls while Ann Widdecombe wore a more modest ankle-length mustard gown topped off with a tiger-print hat.

The group, which also includes Matt Baker, Scott Maslen and Gavin Henson in the final seven, posed in their gear for a special film to be screened tonight.

Online betting firm Betfair ranked Patsy as the even-money favourite to leave the show when the results of this weekend's competition are announced on Sunday.

Chloe O'brien
27-11-2010, 22:41
How can the judges say that Scott's performance tonight was poor then award him high scores. Only Craig scored him right. Len, Alesha and Bruno gave him negative comments but awarded him 9's that is wrong. I want Matt or Pamela to win.

megan999
28-11-2010, 15:23
Gavin to go home. Patsy did quite well IMO. Didn't enjoy Scott's American Smooth. Ann and Anton cracked me up :D

alan45
28-11-2010, 20:06
Plastic Kensit is the latest to leave Strictly

Perdita
28-11-2010, 20:21
Actress Patsy Kensit has become the latest celebrity to be booted from the Strictly dance floor, following a tango that fell flat.

Her performance received a mixed review from the judging panel, with Bruno Tonioli complaining that it "lacked spunk".

And the viewing public seemed to agree. After all the votes were in, the Absolute Beginners star found herself in last place.

Kensit took her exit from the Strictly Come Dancing in good spirits.

"You know what, I've had the most incredible time," she said, adding: "Firstly I have to thank all those who voted because it's been nine weeks, which was incredible.

"It's been the most beautiful experience."

Her departure means that the Ann Widdecombe survived yet again, despite another barrage of criticism from the judges.

She attempted to impress them with a Titanic themed rumba.

But after cutting a rug to Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On, her performance was panned.

"The iceberg showed more passion," was typical of the opprobrium heaped on the former parliamentarian.

alan45
28-11-2010, 20:37
Kara Tointon and Artem Chigvintsev - Jive

Len: (9) First out... first class! It was a top-drawer jive, you steamed up my glasses, you came out full on. It was a little bit hesistant here and there, there were maybe a few steps you didn't feel all that confident about and you didn't really attack. But overall, a really good start to the show. Well done."
Alesha: (9) "I think you two are on a journey, and that dance was once again one with lots of content. There was a really cutesy feel about the whole thing. To be a little bit picky, you were looking down a lot and you lost your timing. But it was full of personality, the kicks and flicks were great and once again, Kara, you lit up the room and I loved it."
Bruno: (9) "You jiving peanut, I feel all frisky, I love the way you put sex appeal into it. Maybe because of that you sometimes lost a bit of your sharpness, sometimes you need a little bit more attack. But again, a great performance."
Craig: (7) "You danced very neatly and very specifically, and the attention to detail was once again very precise. However, the whole side-by-side section I felt like you lost synchronicity and timing throughout. I don't know what happened at the end, were you supposed to finish in that split thing? Your recovery was terrible."

Total: 34

Ann Widdecombe and Anton Du Beke - Rumba

Alesha: (5) "Kate Winslet, eat your heart out, I would say - my favourite storyline of the series so far, and actually I could see a genuine love between you which was wonderful. Although there wasn't much content, well done for remembering the steps. I enjoyed it."
Bruno: (3) "The Ark Royal follows the Titanic and SINKS the rumba into the deepest and darkest depth of dance, darling."
Craig: (1) "Fractured, passionless. And in fact, that iceberg showed more emotion. There was not an ounce of spirit or emotion. It was bad dancing, I'm sorry."
Len: (5) "I'm a bit like a James Bond martini, I'm shaken not stirred. I've got to be honest, you did a hand-to-hand. Admitedly, they were off time and you had the wrong footwork. But it was the daftest dance I've ever seen. I laughed from the minute it started to the last."

Total: 14

Patsy Kensit and Robin Windsor - Argentine tango

Bruno: (7) "Patsy, the good thing, you really started to focus and place your legs this week. You were on it, you were extending your leg, you were pointing your feat - but it lacked spunk! When you do this dance, you have to go for it. It's a like a man and a woman, I give it to you. I felt you didn't enjoy it because maybe you were trying to get the technique right. I didn't get that fleshy, passionate feel."
Craig: (7) "He's right, it did lack flair and it did lack attack and I would like to have seen more extreme line, also you lacked any swivel on the footpass. But, it did have an intent and it did have a purpose - the main consideration, I think you did very well."
Len: (8) "I liked it, I thought you captured the mood of the dance. Now hopefully you'll be back next week. What I would like to say to you is, you won't win Strictly Come Dancing being careful. You've got to come out with more intent, you've got to practice a bit harder because I don't want you to slip away from the 'Fab Four' that's at the top there, and you will get through if you really work. Sell it - go down in flames rather than going down safe."
Alesha: (8) "I actually thought you held the intensity all of the way through. You didn't take your eyes off Robin once. You pulled me in and you maintained your character, your legs looked stunning, beautifully pointed toes, nice composure and I loved it."

Total: 30

Scott Maslen and Natalie Lowe - American smooth

Craig: (6) "What a terrible, terrible shame, and it all began with terrible footwork over there in the corner. It completely collided. There is some good, however, I loved the lift - I thought that was beautiful, as difficult as it was. But it was a complete disaster really."
Len: (7) "It wasn't a complete disaster, that's untrue because you are actually a class act. You didn't do yourself justice tonight, you were doing a three-step over there. See, people don't realise on the foxtrot there are steps where you have to be at the side of your girl, then you have to get in line with your partner. And it was just over there and I thought that threw you off. So I'm saying to you, you're a really good dancer. You've had a little incident, don't let it affect you, come back stronger."
Alesha: (9) "I really felt for you Scott, I've made those mistakes. What I loved about you was that you just carried on, some people would just give up and crumble but you didn't. It was still a classic American smooth, I still enjoyed it, you still look like a pro out there, babe - very, very good."
Bruno: (9) "Scott, don't worry, you're still smoother than anyone else. The fact is, what you did was very, very difficult - I don't care, you made a mistake. But some parts of it were excellent. You have great musicality, you have great musical phrasing in a way very few people do, let alone somebody who has never danced before. So don't beat yourself down about it - it was still very, very good, my darling."

Total: 31

Gavin Henson and Katya Virshilas - Jive

Len: (6) "When you hate doing something, you can't come out and really perform. You just want to get it over with and you know, you hated it, I hated it, we all hated it. You came out and gave it a go, Gavin. And good on you."
Alesha: (7) "Gavin, you look so funny but you look so cute. There were timing issues throughout and the opening section was very ambitious, but you were really trying and that's admirable. I just want to give you a big hug."
Bruno: (6) "Why are you not giving it to me? It was like Clark Kent not quite turning into Superman. Most of it was off-time. It was cute, and you look good in tight pants, but unleash the Superman, Gavin. Come back and show it to us."
Craig: (3) "That bottom-wiggle was completely unnecessary, and smacks of desperation, and I think you're giving Ann Widdecombe a run for your money."

Total: 22

Matt Baker and Aliona Vilani - American smooth

Alesha: (8) "You're a very good dancer and probably one of the strongest in the competition, Matt, but I'm sorry to say I was a little bit disappointed tonight, just slightly. Do you know what it is? I didn't feel relaxed. You carry a lot of tension in your face, your smile seemed forced, I didn't like the turns. Not taking anything away from your talent, I just didn't feel it tonight."
Bruno: (9) "What I like about you, you put so much into what you do, total commitment. I can see how hard you work. But you go from being beautiful to American psycho. It spoils it a little bit, you really have to control the way you use your talent because you're a great dancer."
Craig: (8) "I thought the opening sequence was absolutely fantastic, as were all the lifts. I did think however you were trying a little too hard through the free expression moments, you need to release a little bit through your back and you should actually use the legato at the same time in the music as your body."
Len: (8) "It obviously hasn't worked as a dance, and normally you're really good - tonight you were nearly good."

Total: 33

Pamela Stephenson and James Jordan - Charleston

Bruno: (9) "It was like a witty play, and it's gonna get a BAFTA from me!"
Craig: (9) "Risky, perilous, danced without any fear. I loved it."
Len: (10) "Well, I've gotta say, that tickled my fancy. You enjoyed doing it, I enjoyed watching it."
Alesha:(10) "It was the best dance of the night."

Total: 38

Dutchgirl
28-11-2010, 21:02
So are you all going to let Ann win. Surely not?!

JustJodi
28-11-2010, 23:23
I have been gone all evening and did not see the results,, good I am glad trout mouth left,, bring on next week :-)

Perdita
30-11-2010, 08:35
Her dancing style has been compared to everything from the Ark Royal to haemorrhoids, but that hasn't stopped the British public from falling in love with Ann Widdecombe. She has helped send the Strictly ratings through the roof and is part of a comedy double act with Anton Du Beke that is keeping the nation glued to their screens every Saturday night. We caught up with Ann at BBC Television Centre to find out the secrets behind the success of the Widdy phenomenon.

You keep denying it Ann, but it does look like you have started to lose some weight...
"No, I haven't. The thing is that people only see me on television and I look 20lbs heavier on television. All my life, every time I have walked into a room, people say, 'Ooh you look so much smaller than you do on television', 'Ooh, you look so much thinner', even occasionally, 'Ooh you look so much prettier'. Which is quite nice. But I promise you I haven't lost weight. I would be shouting it from the rooftops if I had."

And no fake tan yet either?
"No thanks. That's just nonsense. It's not that I disagree with it, I just think that it's nonsense."

Have you been surprised by how much viewers have taken to you?
"I wasn't expecting the extent of it. I thought I might be moderately popular because I am of course the pantomime act and people usually like pantomime acts. But the degree with which it has taken off, I never expected that. And of course, I like it. I've had over 20 years of people not liking me, so of course I like it."

It takes a lot of guts to be the pantomime act...
"It doesn't at all. It just takes a sense of humour, that's all. And Anton has got one. If I was with someone who didn't have a sense of humour, it would have gone terribly. We'd have gone in week one, because we simply wouldn't have got on. I've got a sense of humour and he's got a sense of humour. It was pairing genius on the part of the BBC. I didn't think I'd get him because he's a foot taller than me, but that's part of the humour."

Have you had any male interest since taking part in the show?
"Certainly not!"

We've heard that you have a few admirers. Does that make you uncomfortable?
"It doesn't make me uncomfortable. Of course it doesn't. I just can't take it seriously."

Do you ever regret not settling down with a partner?
"I don't regret not getting married. Ever since time began, there's been an uneven amount of males and females on this earth. And some people do not marry. And why we are treated as objects of wonder, I do not know!"

Do you never get lonely?
"The precise opposite. My best days on the Moors are when I'm on my own and I don't see another human being all day. I like being alone. I'm not a hermit or anti-social. I just like being alone."

So you aren't looking for a romance now that you've retired from politics?
"Oh what a silly question! I want a nice peaceful retirement. And whatever love is, it ain't peaceful."

You've got the backing of David Cameron. Have you got any other famous fans?
"The only unusual one is a rapper in the United States. [*speaking to PR*] What's he called? 50 Cent? Yes, 50 Cent got it totally wrong because he called me the Susan Boyle of dance. But of course, Susan Boyle can sing. I can't dance. So he's got that all wrong."

Did you know who 50 Cent was?
"Of course not! While I've been doing this I keep getting asked about things like X Factor. What do I think of this person, etc. But I have never seen a single programme about X Factor ever. And I have to say, before I did Strictly, the only time that I had really watched it was when Aled Jones was on it. I used to watch him every week."

Can we ask about costumes, and in particular the yellow outfit you wore last week...
"What happened last week was a straight forward malfunction. Thank heavens for the leggings. If I'd thought that was going to happen, I would have taken precautionary measures. But what I've said now is that it is trousers all the way. It's not something that I want to happen every week, and because I am being spun and dragged quite vigorously every week, I'm being extra careful."

How are you coping with a dance like the rumba that is traditionally quite raunchy?
"It's the dance of love, not the dance of fornication. Love can be tender, endearing, gentle. It doesn't have to be what it has come to be on Strictly."

Do you think Strictly has got too sexy in recent years?
"Bluntly - yes. But that's for the people involved, not for me... I feel that it is a family programme and everyone should remember that. That's all."

What do you think when you see the pro girls walking around in next to nothing?
"It doesn't make me feel anything. Their dance is their dance. My dance is my dance. My costume is my costume and their costume is their costume. I have asked them if they are feeling cold. That's as far as I take it. I can only be responsible for what I do and, to a lesser extent, Anton. I don't have to avert my eyes, I've been on a beach occasionally. I know what people look like."

What's wrong with showing a bit of leg though? You look like you have nice legs...
"Thank you. I might have decent lots of things, but it doesn't mean that I want to put them on display."

Do you seriously think you could win the show?
"It's entirely down to the viewers. I think I should be there for as long as the viewers keep me there. When the viewers decide that they've had enough, then I'll go. That could be this weekend, it could be in the final."

It is a dancing competition, so do you think it would be fair for you to win?
"I've spent 23 years saying, 'Let the voters decide'. If we won this, then it will be down to the viewers. What is right or wrong is down to the viewers. The BBC has put on this programme and right from day one has chosen unequally matched dancers. If it was a dancing competition and nothing more, you wouldn't put together Ann Widdecombe and Kara Tointon. That is like taking an A-Level student and someone from kindergarten and saying, 'Let's see who writes the best essay'. They wouldn't do the show like that if it was just a dance competition."

Would you not be embarrassed to beat Kara?
"I'm never embarrassed by the voters. The voters will decide."

Will you be heading out on the Strictly tour?
"I'm not convinced yet. I'm not sure about the commitment. I'm sure if I win, I would consider it. And I am at the moment considering it. That is all that I can say."

Have you thought about what you would perform in the final if you get there?
"Anton has for some time been putting together plans for our showdance if we happen to reach the final. I don't think I'm giving too much away if I say that I shall fly. But, nevertheless, I must stress that there are still four more eliminations between now and then."

How do you think Craig would react if you got to the final?
"Craig in private is very different to his public persona. I think he thinks it's quite funny, what's going on. But if he was to judge me in the final, I think you'll never have heard such scathing, caustic comments. I'm already thinking up my retaliation!"

John Sergeant was criticised for not learning anything on Strictly. Do you think you've learnt anything?
"Oh yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Today I went to The Sun newspaper and did some dancing with them on the newsroom floor. I couldn't have done that if I hadn't learnt to dance. And if you had told me at the start of the competition that I was going to fly with my head 17ft above the floor, I wouldn't have believed a word of it. And if you'd said, 'You will be dropped on the floor after a very fast spin', I would have laughed."

Tuareet
30-11-2010, 14:10
Oh no please!! Ann Widdecombe cannot win Strictly Come Dancing, I don't find her the slightest bit funny and feel sorry for Anton who seems to be running out of ideas as to what to do with her!

Katy
04-12-2010, 22:37
really good show tonight. Pamela is just fab

Chloe O'brien
05-12-2010, 03:01
really good show tonight. Pamela is just fab

She was brilliant tonight. Pam and James are wonderful together. I hope her or Matt win.

alan45
05-12-2010, 20:10
Ann Widdecombe becomes the latest to be voted off Strictly

Katy
05-12-2010, 20:16
right decision i think, the time had come i think bit fiar play to the woman, she entertained me for 10 weeks.

Perdita
06-12-2010, 05:55
Take That have been confirmed as the special guests for next weekend's Strictly Come Dancing semi-final.

The fully reunited boyband will play their latest single 'The Flood' and classic '90s hit 'Never Forget' on the BBC One reality show.

Strictly airs over three shows next weekend and it kicks off on Friday at 9pm on BBC One.

Gavin Henson, Scott Maslen, Matt Baker, Kara Tointon and Pamela Stephenson are the final five celebrities battling it on the dancefloor.

Tuareet
06-12-2010, 09:14
Thank goodness Ann has gone, it would have been a travesty if Scott had gone instead of her.

I wonder how she will get on with Craig when they dance together during the tour!

Perdita
12-12-2010, 19:54
Gavin Henson and Scott Maslen have just missed out on a place in the Strictly Come Dancing final after falling victim to a double elimination.

After Pamela Stephenson and Kara Tointon were first declared safe, this week's eliminees waited with Countryfile host Matt Baker to discover which of them would join the girls in the final.

Finally, host Tess Daly confirmed that Henson and his partner Katya Virshilas had finished last in the public vote, to which the Welsh rugby star smiled knowingly.

When quizzed about his Strictly experience by Bruce Forysth, Henson spoke of his delight at having overcome his initial struggles from the beginning of the competition.

"Katya's been amazing, she's been perfect for me... I've come in here with two left feet, it's been so stressful for me," he said.

Virshilas also teased Henson's early lack of ability, joking: "He taught me patience. It was one of the best experiences ever, I couldn't have asked for a better partner than him."

With Henson gone, Daly and Forsyth put the remaining men out of their misery by announcing that Baker had been voted through to the final, thereby eliminating Maslen from the competition.

"It's been the best experience I've had in maybe my life," the Eastenders actor gushed upon hearing the news. "To tackle something you've got no skill set in, it's a challenge and to do it live it's a bigger challenge."

Maslen then praised his "spectacular" partner Natalie Lowe, adding that he had developed a love of dancing through his time on the programme.

"When it works, when you're moving, you feel it. What I've learnt with dance, is when it does work it's in your body and you know it's right, and we've had a few of those moments. We've had some good moments."

Both eliminated acts received a standing ovation from the judges and the studio audience as they took to the floor for their final dance.

The three surviving celebrities - Pamela Stephenson, Kara Tointon and Matt Baker - will do battle in the Strictly Come Dancing final next Saturday at 7pm on BBC One.

Dutchgirl
12-12-2010, 21:28
Matt was a bit of a spoiled kid after Fridays show so it seems. I was always rather fond of him. But you have to take your loss.

Scott out, I'm sorry to see himg o, but the other three couples are better.

Gavin was to full of himself.

Chloe O'brien
13-12-2010, 00:15
I'm loving Pam & Matt so I don't mind who wins out of those two.

Tuareet
13-12-2010, 11:20
Pam and James to win!

Katy
13-12-2010, 11:34
same, i dont mind either, i think Matt is just one of those people that really wants to suceed to the best of his ability, i remember watching him on blue peter and i think its the athlete in him which i think is why he was very emotional when he didnt really deliver on friday, her certainly made up for it saturday though.

I like Aliona and James to so i really dont mind who wins.

Abbie
14-12-2010, 00:01
I love watching kara dance I think she is such a stunning dancing I always enjoy watching and looking forward to her dances

I like pam but I cant see the amazing-ness of all her dances as everyone else does, for me personally she has never topped her rumba

I also love matt and feel so sorry for him I can see the dancer in him but I do think he tries too hard and sometimes doesnt look quite right

Tuareet
14-12-2010, 09:05
Did anybody see It Takes Two last night? James and Artem did the Rumba together and it was absolutely hilarious.

JustJodi
14-12-2010, 11:01
Gavin gone,,, goooooooood,,, Scott gone,,, sniff sniff I was hoping he would go a bit further,, Matt is good but not that good, he wears his itty bitty Blue Peter heart on his sleeve also when his confidence is knocked back by the judges you can see him make mistakes or try tooooo hard in the next dance he does. I would love to see Tara win, she really is good, as for Pam bless her she is just a few days older than I am, I am impressed she can still MOVE like that LOL..

Dutchgirl
14-12-2010, 11:27
Kara to win she is stunning.

Pamela is also amazing bu she doesn't do it for me as much as Kara.

Katy
14-12-2010, 11:53
James and Artem were hilarious doing that rhumba last night, it amused me greatly!

Perdita
14-12-2010, 11:54
Billy Connolly has reportedly said that he will appear on next year's Strictly Come Dancing if his wife Pamela Stephenson wins this weekend's final.

The 68-year-old comedian is thought to have been practising with Stephenson at home over the last few weeks and is strongly considering an offer from the BBC to feature on the 2011 series.

A source told The Sun: "Billy is amazed at what this has done for Pamela. She's changed in front of his eyes. She's lost two stone and gone from being a professional psychologist to a sizzling salsa sexpot - and he loves it!

"He is amazed at her transformation and is keen to get in on the action."

Connolly is apparently interested in partnering Ola Jordan, the wife of Stephenson's professional partner James.

The insider added: "Billy thinks the Jordans are lovely. If he were partners with Ola it would be just great. It would be fun rather than hard work for him."

Stephenson is up against Kara Tointon and Matt Baker in this weekend's Strictly final.

Abbie
14-12-2010, 13:08
Did anybody see It Takes Two last night? James and Artem did the Rumba together and it was absolutely hilarious.

no but now Im going iplayer it sounds good!

Tuareet
14-12-2010, 13:11
It was at the end of the programme and well worth watching.

Abbie
14-12-2010, 13:17
aw sounds good, its only now and then I watch It takes two

alan45
19-12-2010, 01:09
Kara Tointon and her dance partner Artem Chigvintsev have been voted the winners of Strictly Come Dancing.

The pair beat Matt Baker and Aliona Vilani into second place, and had also received more points from the judges throughout the final.

Tointon burst into tears when the result was announced before hugging Chigvintsev.

Runner-up Baker congratulated the actress, saying: "It has been great. They are worthy winners without any doubt. If I was at home I'd be voting for them too."

A beaming Tointon said of the result: "It's just the most special thing I've ever achieved, thank you to this man [Chigvintsev]."

She added: "I've made the most fantastic friends for life. It's been the most special experience of my life."

Chigvintsev - who had also broken into tears - said simply: "She's amazing."

The pair then lifted the Glitterball Trophy as they were crowned winners of the series, and were joined by the other dance partners in celebration.

Katy
19-12-2010, 11:27
i thought that they did desreve to win, i loved Pamelas Showdance! very very traditional!

megan999
19-12-2010, 16:52
Yes!! I've wanted Kara to win for a while. She is so good to watch dancing. And Craig said he'd kill to dance like her :D Congratulations Kara & Artem :clap:

megan999
20-12-2010, 16:56
Kara Tointon wants a Strictly Come Dancing rulebook introduced to prevent confusion about the dances.

The former EastEnders actress, 27, and dance partner Artem Chigvintsev were marked down by Len Goodman for the way they interpreted the American Smooth on their way to winning this year's final.

She told BBC Breakfast: "I think there should be a Strictly rule book. Artem is an amazing choreographer. He thought American Smooth is sort of freestyle but who knows? There should be a book."

Kara said the chemistry had been there between her and her Russian dance partner, who shared a public kiss after their win, from the beginning.

She said: "We've got on like a house on fire all the way through, which is quite a big achievement in itself because it's intense and you do have low moments.

"Now we're out of the studio it will be nice to do some normal things like go to the cinema and the shops."

Kara said she will miss "being dressed up like a princess" now the show has finished, adding: "When it came to the public vote we never thought in a million years (that we'd win) against Pamela (Stephenson) who's a complete inspiration, a bit of a machine. She blows me away.

"Matt (Baker) has been incredible from the word go. It's a bit of a dream really and we're very proud."

Kara, who was rushed to A&E after tearing ligaments in her lower arm, said of the injury: "I tried something a little bit silly on Saturday. It was a shame because the last two dances were a bit of a disaster but we made it through and to win it was just insane."

source: msn

Perdita
03-03-2011, 10:12
Ex-Strictly Come Dancing contestant Ann Widdecombe will make her pantomime debut this Christmas.

The former Conservative MP has been cast in a production of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Orchard Theatre in Dartford, Kent.

She will play a lady-in-waiting, joining Strictly judge Craig Revel Horwood in the role of the Wicked Queen.

Widdecombe said: "I can hardly believe all the wonderful opportunities which have opened up through Strictly Come Dancing.

"Craig and I have had enormous fun on the tour of the show and I am sure we can make that fun infectious during the run of Snow White."

Tickets are available now for the show, which runs from December 9 to December 31.

DS

Chloe O'brien
03-03-2011, 11:30
They're going to make a great double act into panto.

Perdita
11-06-2011, 12:58
Cuddly toy, toaster, cutlery set, radio and, oh yes, knighthood…

He’s waited decades for the coveted prize to come along, and yesterday king of light entertainment Bruce Forsyth was celebrating after being told he will become a Sir.

The former Generation Game presenter last night spoke of his joy at the announcement, which comes after years of campaigning by fans and even politicians.

Brucie said receiving the honour at long last had “made his life worthwhile”.

Toasting the news with a glass of champagne, the 83-year-old Strictly Come Dancing host, whose wife Wilnelia Merced is visiting her native Puerto Rico, said: “She comes home tomorrow and I can’t wait to go to the airport to welcome her back and call her ‘My Lady’.

“I’m over the moon. I have known about the knighthood for four weeks but now that it’s *actually happened, it’s a real honour.” Of the campaign to knight him, he added: Michael Grade put in a good word. Elton John even put into print ‘Why hasn’t Bruce received this honour?”’

Strictly co-host and Mirror fashion columnist Tess Daly spoke of her delight for Brucie. She said: “I got tears in my eyes when I heard, and I know how proud and happy this will make him.

“This honour is fantastic news and I’m so proud of him. Go, Brucie, I can’t wait to have a glass of bubbly with you.

“I’m so ridiculously happy, I’ve been ringing round everyone since I heard.”

There have been internet petitions and even a parliamentary Early Day Motion signed by 73 MPs demanding Brucie be knighted. The mystery of why it has taken so long to give the legendary TV star a knighthood was finally revealed last night – it’s because he already has a CBE from 2006.

A Cabinet Office official explained: “Committees like to see another four or five years further achievement or service before they consider a further award.”

Bruce Forsyth knighted: Sir Brucie's career in pictures and video

Other celebs given gongs in the Queen’s Birthday Honours didn’t have to wait quite as long as Brucie.

The King’s Speech star Colin Firth was awarded a CBE for his services to acting.

Colin Firth won an Oscar for The King's Speech

It means the Queen will get the chance to tell him in person what she thought of his role as her dad George VI.

It caps a memorable year for Firth which saw him pick up a string of awards, most notably the Best Actor Oscar for his acclaimed performance as the stuttering monarch.

There was an OBE for Bernard *Cribbins – actor, chart star, Doctor Who sidekick and voice of The Wombles.

The 82-year-old, awarded for his services to drama, said he was “gobsmacked” at the news as he did not anticipate being honoured. He added: “It’s a great surprise. My dad would have been delighted.”

Roxy Music legend Bryan Ferry, 65, receives a CBE.

Former EastEnders star Brooke Kinsella, 27, gets an MBE for her campaign against knife crime, sparked by the murder of her 16-year-old brother Ben in 2008.

Author Julia Donaldson, 62, best known for The Gruffalo, caps a momentous week in which she was appointed the Children’s Laureate by being awarded an MBE.

OBEs go to Graeme Garden, 68, and Tim Brooke-Taylor, 70, *creators of classic 70s TV series The Goodies with Bill Oddie, 69, who received his in 2003.

The pair often took the mick out of the honours system in their radio and TV shows. Garden said: “It’s quite ironic considering how rude we were about it all those years ago.”

Other broadcasters honoured include BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour presenter Jenni Murray, 61, who is made a dame, and Radio 2 DJ “Whispering” Bob Harris, 65, gets an OBE. He revealed he mistook the notification for a pension letter.

Harris added: “It’s an incredible honour. I never would have dreamt it.”

OBEs were also awarded to conceptual artist Gillian Wearing, 47, and Elton John’s PR guru Gary Farrow, for services to the music industry and charity.

Emma Freud received an OBE for service to charity for her work on Comic Relief with partner, film-maker Richard Curtis.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/06/11/bruce-forsyth-finally-gets-knighthood-in-queen-s-birthday-honours-list-2011-115875-23193647/#ixzz1Oy4QqOKR