PDA

View Full Version : Alexander McQueen found dead

Perdita
11-02-2010, 15:40
Fashion designer Alexander McQueen has been found dead after reportedly committing suicide.
:eek:

More info later

tammyy2j
11-02-2010, 16:36
British fashion designer Alexander McQueen, whose cutting-edge dresses were worn by stars like Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Lady Gaga, was found dead in his London home this morning, reports The Associated Press. He was 40 years old. Cause-of-death rumors have begun to circulate online, but officials say the the cause of death remains unknown. McQueen rose to fame in the 90s, earning a reputation for controversial designs and lavish runway shows. A few of McQueen’s most famous works include Gwyneth Paltrow’s see-through 2002 Oscar dress and the “lobster claw” shoes worn by Lady Gaga in her 2009 “Bad Romance” music video.

RIP

Perdita
11-02-2010, 16:49
British fashion designer Alexander McQueen has been found dead after reportedly committing suicide.

The 40-year-old, born Lee Alexander McQueen, is believed to have taken his own life on the first day of New York Fashion Week. He was due to unveil his own new collection at Paris Fashion Week on March 9.

A statement from his company read: "On behalf of Lee McQueen's family, Alexander McQueen today announces the tragic news that Lee McQueen, the founder and designer of the Alexander McQueen brand, has been found dead at his home.

"At this stage it is inappropriate to comment on this tragic news beyond saying that we are devastated and are sharing a sense of shock and grief with Lee's family.

"Lee's family has asked for privacy in order to come to terms with this terrible news and we hope the media will respect this."

McQueen revealed on his Twitter feed on February 3 that his mother had passed away the day before.

He had written: "I'm letting my followers know the my mother passed awa

moonstorm
11-02-2010, 19:28
Very very upset by this. He seemed such a nice person. Tragic waste of a talented life.

lizann
12-02-2010, 11:15
Rip

Chloe O'brien
12-02-2010, 11:43
His family must be devasted. It was on the news this morning that his mother's funeral is tommorrow. How will they cope? Such a waste of a young life.

R.I.P

Perdita
12-02-2010, 12:56
Apparently, he hang himself :(

Perdita
17-02-2010, 12:30
Alexander McQueen hanged himself, a London inquest has been told.

The fashion designer was found dead at his home last Thursday, the day before the funeral of his mother Joyce.

A post-mortem examination showed that McQueen had died due to asphyxiation and hanging, Westminster Coroner's Court was told.

His body had been identified by his sister Janet McQueen, of Hornchurch, Essex, BBC News reports.

Det Insp Paul Armstrong said there were no suspicious circumstances in McQueen's death and presented a note found at the scene to the coroner Dr Paul Knapman for further investigation.

Dr Knapman adjourned the inquest until April 28, while coroner's officer Lynda Martindill said that no post-mortem examination report was yet available.

DS

Dazzle
17-02-2010, 14:40
That's horrible :(