PDA

View Full Version : TV Host Solitary Confinement

moonstorm
11-02-2010, 08:49
TV host and DJ Tim Shaw is to be locked in a steel box no bigger than a wardrobe for up to a month in a bizarre solitary confinement challenge.

Tim Shaw will be unaware of the location of his steel box during the challenge

Shaw, 35, will be on view on the internet 24 hours a day during the stunt, which will also form a nationwide treasure hunt.

He will have to lie down for up to 30 days and will not be freed from the steel box until he is found by a member of the public who will then win £30,000.

Shaw, who has presented Fifth Gear on Five and Channel 4's Extreme Male Beauty, will have no human contact for the duration of the ordeal.

He is not taking any items into his new home other than his bedding and the prize money.

He is unaware of his box's location in the UK, other than knowing it is a spot which has played a "significant" part in his life before.

Shaw will have 12 hours of light each day he stays in the box

During his stay, he will talk about incidents in his life to allow web users to work out where he might be.

Advertising funding on Shaw's website will raise money for the charity Help For Heroes.

The married father of two will go into the box on February 15 at midday. He will have 12 hours of light each day from six bulbs in the box.

"It's like a wardrobe on its front really," Shaw said. "It's three feet high, eight feet long, only a foot longer than I am lying down, and four feet wide.

" I don't know what's driving me but I have to do it. There's no other reason to do it. it's a personal challenge."

Before Shaw goes into the box he will be driven around for ten hours blindfolded to disorient him, and only two close friends will know his location.

He will stay in for at least seven days but if at any point after that his location is guessed, he will be freed. He will stay in for a maximum of 30 days.

That would be my ultimate hell!!

Perdita
11-02-2010, 08:55
It would be mine too, but hey, whatever turns him on.

Chloe O'brien
11-02-2010, 10:39
At least he is doing it for a good cause. Wouldn't be me though.

Dazzle
11-02-2010, 11:27
Is he gonna have a chemical toilet in there? I wouldn't fancy being in close quarters with that for 30 days, let alone anything else.

moonstorm
11-02-2010, 12:26
Is he gonna have a chemical toilet in there? I wouldn't fancy being in close quarters with that for 30 days, let alone anything else.

OMG - I havn't even thought of that!