PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd's sexy love interest

Perdita
11-02-2010, 06:03
A sexy lapdancer is going to drive Corrie cabbie Lloyd Mullaney wild.

Cheryl - played by former Grange Hill star Holly Quin-Ankrah - turns up on the cobbles for a drink with old pal and ex-hooker Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson).

But she sticks out a mile in the Rovers Return and is soon chatted up by lotharios Ciaran McCarthy (Keith Duffy) and Lloyd (Craig Charles).

In love ... Lloyd MullaneyLloyd falls for her - but struggles to cope with her seedy life as an erotic dancer.

And the more he learns about it, the less he likes what he hears.

A spokesman for the ITV soap said: "Lloyd thinks she's a knockout.

"In fact, so do all the fellas in the pub, so Lloyd can't believe it when she seems to take a shine to him over all the other drooling lads."

Lloyd discovers that she is a lapdancer but falls "head-over-heels" in love with her as he becomes her regular taxi driver.

The spokesman added: "She tries to keep him at arm's length.

"When we learn more about her troubled personal life, we realise Lloyd is putting his heart - and his safety - on the line for the woman he loves."

The Sun

Dazzle
11-02-2010, 11:34
Aww, I like Lloyd and Teresa together - they're really funny.

Perdita
11-02-2010, 11:42
Wonder whether Leanne is happy with her turning up .... guess she would rather forget that time in her life, being a respectable businesswoman again.

Perdita
11-02-2010, 17:29
This is what she looks like. Fair bit of an age difference there

Perdita
11-05-2010, 19:40
CABBIE Lloyd Mullaney swoops in to rescue stripper Cheryl from her abusive boyfriend in these dramatic Corrie scenes - proving love knows no fare.

The taxi driver, played by Craig Charles, doesn't have a second thought for his safety when he rushes gorgeous Cheryl and her young son Russ into his car as her fuming bloke Chris kicks off.

It all starts when smitten Lloyd storms into the lap dancing club to try and help Cheryl (Holly Quin-Ankrah) but ends up getting beaten up by a bouncer and kicked out.

He later finds himself confronted with violent Chris, who has left Cheryl bruised and bloodied in scenes to air later this year.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2968466/Love-knows-no-fare-for-Lloyd-in-Coronation-Street.html#ixzz0neCwY0AX

lizann
11-05-2010, 19:50
Teresa wont be happy

Perdita
11-05-2010, 19:51
She is gone

sean slater
12-05-2010, 15:04
mmm. she hasnt even told Leanne about any of this. She's going around like she's single, thats quite strange. And if her boyfriends abusive how does she get away with doing erotic dancing. Very mysterious. I hope this guy is her sons dad cos otherwise how could she let her son get involved in something like that. Its not very impressive.

alan45
14-05-2010, 13:32
CABBIE Lloyd Mullaney swoops in to rescue stripper Cheryl from her abusive boyfriend in these dramatic Corrie scenes - proving love knows no fare.

The taxi driver, played by Craig Charles, doesn't have a second thought for his safety when he rushes gorgeous Cheryl and her young son Russ into his car as her fuming bloke Chris kicks off.

It all starts when smitten Lloyd storms into the lap dancing club to try and help Cheryl (Holly Quin-Ankrah) but ends up getting beaten up by a bouncer and kicked out.

He later finds himself confronted with violent Chris, who has left Cheryl bruised and bloodied in scenes to air later this year.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2968466/Love-knows-no-fare-for-Lloyd-in-Coronation-Street.html#ixzz0neCwY0AX

Chris will be playd by Will Thorp former Casualty actor

alan45
23-06-2010, 12:10
Coronation Street newcomer Holly Quin-Ankrah has promised that there are surprises in store for her character Cheryl Gray.

The actress's alter ego was introduced as a new love interest for Lloyd Mullaney (Craig Charles) earlier this year. In a twist, however, producers later announced the casting of Will Thorp as Cheryl's husband Chris, a new bad boy for the Street.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo about Cheryl's future, Quin-Ankrah teased: "It's been a great storyline to go into and there's lots of great stuff in store.

"There are so many twists and turns it's exciting for me even to read the script, but it won't be as straightforward as people would imagine. There are relationship woes coming up with Chris who she's with now and turbulent times ahead. It's certainly worth watching."

The soap star, whose previous acting credits include Grange Hill, Rock Rivals and Shameless, added that she would never follow in Cheryl's footsteps by trying out lap-dancing.

She said: "I know girls who do it as a job and that's great but I've never fancied it myself. If you're body conscious it's not the best thing to do - and I am. I've got a very large bottom!"

tammyy2j
23-06-2010, 13:58
Lloyd seems to old for her imo

Perdita
24-06-2010, 17:33
Craig Charles has revealed that he is pleased with his latest Coronation Street storyline, describing the plot as a "challenge".

The actor's character Lloyd Mullaney is about to become further embroiled in the life of lap-dancer Cheryl Gray when he discovers that she is being abused by husband Chris (Will Thorp).

Speaking to Inside Soap, Charles explained: "Lloyd has really come to see Cheryl as someone he could settle down with, and he'd always face up to a nasty bully like Chris. Lloyd's not scared of the guy - but he should be.

"Chris is set to get a job on the Street in the near future, though I can't tell you what he'll be doing. I'm looking forward to the acting challenge it'll bring - it means great fun for me storyline-wise, but certainly not for Lloyd!"

Cheryl actress Holly Quin-Ankrah also recently praised the storyline, promising that there are "so many twists and turns" ahead.

alan45
05-07-2010, 15:04
Coronation Street star Holly Quin-Ankrah has revealed that she was nervous but pleased when she first heard about her gritty new storyline.

The actress's character Cheryl Gray, who made her first appearance three months ago, is about to come to the forefront of the Weatherfield soap with a domestic violence plot involving her husband Chris (Will Thorp).

Speaking on This Morning about the story, Quin-Ankrah admitted: "It was a bit scary really because I'd only just started. But it was brilliant to be given the opportunity to do a storyline like that. I'd never done anything like that before. It's quite difficult. I wanted to portray it right."

The star also admitted that playing a victim of domestic abuse has improved her knowledge of the issue and helped her to better understand why some women fail to leave violent partners.

She explained: "That was interesting because, getting the scripts, you start to understand why women do that, in a way. You always think, 'If I was in that position I'd leave him', but when you're reading a script, you are inside Cheryl's head."

Dazzle
06-07-2010, 15:31
I'm finding the Lloyd and Cheryl storyline really boring.

Perdita
06-07-2010, 15:39
Might become more interesting as the domestic violence storyline develops further

owenlee4me
10-07-2010, 15:29
[b I totally agree with Dazzle, i am so bored with lloyd's love interest story?

It is sooooo boring what girl in her right mind would take her son, TO HER NEW FELLA'S FLAT
leave him alone with a man they have only known 5 minutes, i know i would'nt and to think lloyd thinks she is a good mother!

Boring boring -----------still good chance to flick over whilst there on[/b]