PDA

View Full Version : Kat Slater & Alfie Moon

Pages : 1 2 [3]

owenlee4me
14-05-2013, 17:39
for years women have lived with men who are s**s and took them back coz they loved them, nice to "turn the tables round"
anyway, Alfie and Kat are much more fun to watch than Roxy and Alfie, there is no chemistry there at all!!!

owenlee4me
14-05-2013, 17:39
for years women have lived with men who are s**s and took them back coz they loved them, nice to "turn the tables round"
anyway, Alfie and Kat are much more fun to watch than Roxy and Alfie, there is no chemistry there at all!!!

thestud2k7
14-05-2013, 18:09
the problem i have with Alfie and Roxy is she still calls alfie grandad

would you really call your partner grandad?

thestud2k7
14-05-2013, 18:09
the problem i have with Alfie and Roxy is she still calls alfie grandad

would you really call your partner grandad?

Kim
14-05-2013, 19:19
I was a massive Kat and Alfie fan back in the day. Nothing post their return has been believable. After the Little Mo business, Kat would not go with any of Alfie's relatives. As for the Derek business, we're supposed to believe that it was because Alfie was ignoring her. Pathetic reason to have an affair, and in 2004, he ignored her for months and she didn't cheat, other than the one night stand after the downward spiral (which was months later, not after 2 weeks; and a plot device to write Jessie out for maternity leave anyway.)

I thought it was just Bryan Kirkwood that didn't get Kat and Alfie, but unless the affair storyline had gone so far in the planning that Lorraine Newman couldn't do a u-turn when she started (unlikely,) I don't think she does either. There are a few people on other forums of the belief that in order to make Kat and Alfie an even semi-believable couple again, they need to be torn down and rebuilt, but I've given up watching for the time being.

I hate how Roxy has been made to look like a saint. She's the same as Kat, if not worse. Roxy had a baby with her sister's on-off partner, knowing Ronnie's history and how she found it difficult to trust people. Then she put Sean in the frame as the father and neglected to tell him that there was a chance that he wasn't. And she was prepared to go on lying, hiding the DNA results and telling Christian that Amy was Sean's. At least Kat was upfront about it (yes, Alfie was supposed to be infertile, but at the point that she told him, I got the feeling from his expression that he 100% believed that Tommy was his.)

lizann
14-05-2013, 21:01

they were fun to watch not anymore though

Kim
15-05-2013, 07:40
they were fun to watch not anymore though

Sadly the case. One scene that sticks in my mind on this point is from 2011 when Kat sacked Billy. He protested, saying something along the lines of, "What am I supposed to eat?" Alfie threw him a packet of crisps and told him not to eat them all at once, in response to which Kat tells Alfie not to give away free crisps! A sad situation for Billy, but the Kat of old would have found that funny.

Perdita
04-06-2013, 12:42
EastEnders' Alfie Moon will be left devastated when his cousin Michael Moon tells Tommy that he is actually his real dad.

Michael (Steve John Shepherd) is feeling more shut out of his baby daughter Scarlett's life than ever as her first birthday approaches and finds himself bonding with Tommy.

When Tommy responds whilst Michael is playing with him, emotion starts to well up and Michael reveals that he is actually his dad.

This is witnessed by a furious Kat (Jessie Wallace) who insists that Alfie (Shane Richie) needs to be told what has happened.

Michael is full of remorse over his actions and goes and tells Alfie what he said. Michael explains to Alfie that although he didn't want to know Tommy before, now that Scarlett has been taken away, he can't have two of his children not knowing who he is.

Roxy tries to comfort a devastated Alfie, who sadly admits that he wanted to be the one to explain it to Tommy.

Later on, Alfie sits down with Tommy and does his best to explain that Michael is his real dad, leaving Alfie in tears.

EastEnders continues tonight at 7.30pm on BBC1.

Kim
04-06-2013, 20:09
Michael :angry: :angry: Even without knowing that Michael is leaving, I'd still say that he'd end up ditching Tommy before too long. Two and a half is too young to be told something like that, especially when the biological father is as unreliable as he is.

Someone please get Alfie a DNA test and have him turn out to be the biological father, he deserves something good to happen.

tammyy2j
05-06-2013, 14:23
Isn't Tommy suppose to turn out to be Alfie's son, hope this is true

Kim
05-06-2013, 22:51
Isn't Tommy suppose to turn out to be Alfie's son, hope this is true

This has been rumoured since 2011 before Kat and Alfie got Tommy back from Ronnie. There was some talk that the fact that a DNA test needed to take place in order for them to get Tommy back would lead to the reveal, although I never understood that as presumably Alfie wouldn't have been tested because they thought he wasn't the father. Once we discovered that Alfie wasn't infertile, this was rumoured more and more, which led to Bryan Kirkwood confirming (in an interview) that Michael was the real father. Now that he's gone, some hope that Lorraine Newman or another executive producer will reveal Alfie as the father, given that there was never any medical evidence to say that Michael is the father. Some have even picked up on the amount of times that Tommy seems to be ill, and wonder if this is leading to an organ donation or blood transfusion storyline. It has been reported as well that Jessie and Shane believe that Tommy is Alfie's.

Perdita
30-06-2013, 11:23
EastEnders' Alfie Moon will reportedly dump fiancée Roxy Mitchell.

The return of her sister Ronnie, played by Samantha Womack, will apparently have "disastrous consequences" for Roxy (Rita Simons).

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/23/618x441/soaps-eastenders-4661-15.jpg
© BBC
Roxy tells Alfie she wants to have his baby.

According to the Daily Star Sunday, Alfie (Shane Richie) ends their relationship just weeks into their engagement and grows closer to his estranged wife Kat (Jessie Wallace).

An EastEnders source said: "Alfie finds out that Ronnie is heading back to the square and he's furious. He can't believe after everything she's done that she's going to come back.

"Roxy tries her best to convince him that it will be all right and that her sister is not a monster. She was unwell and her son had just died.

"Kat's in pieces about it all too and when they thought their son had died it was one of the darkest times in their lives, so naturally they turn to each other again for support.

"Alfie then tells Roxy he can't be with her, let alone marry her. Roxy is devastated but she has to be there for her sister. She knew it was going to be hard but even she couldn't have predicted the hatred that's still felt over Ronnie.

"Roxy is the only person in the world who Ronnie can turn to. Roxy and Alfie's break-up will eventually lead to the pub landlord being reunited with Kat."

Ronnie famously swapped her dead baby James for Kat's son Tommy in one of the soap's most controversial storylines ever.

tammyy2j
30-06-2013, 20:33
^ So back together until Kat cheats again

tammyy2j
01-08-2013, 16:47
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/329840/WORLD-PICTURE-EXCLUSIVE-EastEnders-Kat-and-Alfie-back-together-

IT'S the moment all EastEnders fans have been waiting for - Kat and Alfie Moon are back together.

As these exclusive photos show, the telly golden couple are set for an emotional reunion on the BBC soap.

Last month, producers hinted Kat, played by Jessie Wallace, and Alfie - Shane Richie - could rekindle their romance before the end of the year.

The sensational storyline is set to pull EastEnders out of its current ratings crisis.

Earlier this week, under-fire boss Lorraine Newman quit the show amid a slump in viewing figures.

Eastenders was recently beaten by ITV rival Emmerdale, with fans blasting script-writers for dull plots.

The BBC has since sent out an SOS to returning executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins to once again take charge of the show.

He previously oversaw one of the show's most successful spells three years ago.

And as our exclusive photos show, producers have already begun filming reconciliation scenes between Kat and Alfie on Albert Square - set to air in September.

The sneak-peak of Kat and Alfie back together will have viewers guessing over the fate of Roxy Mitchell and Michael Moon.

Following his sensational split from Kat last Christmas, Alfie has hooked up with long-term admirer Roxy - with the pair deciding to get hitched and try for a baby.

But he will finish with the Queen Vic landlady when her sister Ronnie returns to the Square.

Alfie won't be able to get over the fact that Roxy didn't tell him about Ronnie - who infamously snatched Kat and Alfie's baby Tommy from hospital.

Meanwhile, Kat returned to bed Alfie's cold-hearted cousin Michael - even though he has recently been distracted by ex Janine Butcher.

Last December, in one of EastEnders most dramatic plot-lines, Alfie finally ended things with Kat after finding out she'd been sleeping with Derek Branning.

But, despite going ahead with a divorce, soap fans have seen Alfie's attitude towards Kat soften as they began sharing custody of Tommy.

And it seems script-writers are preparing a new chapter in their turbulent history.

But we can reveal fans won't have to wait that long to see the Walford lovers back in each others' arms.

tammyy2j
01-08-2013, 16:48

lizann
01-10-2013, 21:20
EastEnders star Shane Richie has said that there is a "massive" storyline ahead for his character Alfie Moon.

It was revealed earlier today that Danny Dyer has been cast as the Queen Vic's new landlord Mick, leaving Alfie and Roxy Mitchell's future uncertain.

Speaking in an interview with Bella magazine, Richie said: "The storyline that we are about to film is massive, it's a big story for my character, which I am really looking forward to.

"I hope Kat and Alfie reunite. It is something that may happen very soon but I couldn't possibly say."

Speaking about his future on the soap, Richie added: "I will stay as long as they want me there and as long as they keep coming up with great stories.

"I've got a wife and children to look after and I pay my older kids' phone bills even though one of them has just toured with Justin Bieber."

Dyer will start work on the BBC One soap later this month, making his debut on screen during the Christmas period.

EastEnders continues tonight (October 1) on BBC One at 7.30pm.

lizann
01-10-2013, 21:20
EastEnders star Shane Richie has said that there is a "massive" storyline ahead for his character Alfie Moon.

It was revealed earlier today that Danny Dyer has been cast as the Queen Vic's new landlord Mick, leaving Alfie and Roxy Mitchell's future uncertain.

Speaking in an interview with Bella magazine, Richie said: "The storyline that we are about to film is massive, it's a big story for my character, which I am really looking forward to.

"I hope Kat and Alfie reunite. It is something that may happen very soon but I couldn't possibly say."

Speaking about his future on the soap, Richie added: "I will stay as long as they want me there and as long as they keep coming up with great stories.

"I've got a wife and children to look after and I pay my older kids' phone bills even though one of them has just toured with Justin Bieber."

Dyer will start work on the BBC One soap later this month, making his debut on screen during the Christmas period.

EastEnders continues tonight (October 1) on BBC One at 7.30pm.

Perdita
20-10-2013, 16:38
EastEnders star Jessie Wallace has backed her character Kat Moon to reunite with ex-partner Alfie (Shane Richie) in the near future.

The former couple split last year after her affair with Derek Branning was revealed, while Alfie is currently engaged to Roxy Mitchell.

However, Alfie and Roxy have faced relationship troubles in recent weeks, following sister Ronnie's return to Albert Square. Alfie cannot forgive Ronnie for stealing his baby son Tommy in 2011, and sees Roxy's behaviour as a huge betrayal.

Speaking to Digital Spy about rumours that Alfie and Kat will reunite by the end of the year, Wallace strongly hinted that the couple belong together.

"It does go that way," she said. "I think [this'll be it], yeah. It should always be Kat and Alfie really."

When asked if the couple were made for each other, she added: "I think so, definitely."

EastEnders star Rita Simons (Roxy) recently stated that Alfie's behaviour is "totally selfish".

lizann
21-10-2013, 00:00
alfie will cheat on roxy with kat

tammyy2j
29-10-2013, 00:28
Kat and Alfie Moon will continue to grow closer on EastEnders in the aftermath of the upcoming Halloween death.

The former couple will be rocked next week as they learn that Michael Moon has been killed.

As Kat (Jessie Wallace) and Alfie (Shane Richie) realise that little Tommy will never get to know his real father, they comfort each other during the tough time - leaving Alfie's fiancée Roxy Mitchell out in the cold.

To Roxy's dismay, Alfie almost seems to resent her own concern for him, though he later apologises when Kat points out that he is being extremely unfair to his partner.

Although Alfie tries to start accepting Roxy's support more, it doesn't stop him from sharing a private moment with Kat on Bonfire Night.

Knowing that Kat wants to give Michael a special send-off for Tommy, Alfie sets off a rocket away from the other festivities - just for the three of them. The trio almost seem like a family again during the cosy moment.

tammyy2j
29-10-2013, 00:29

Perdita
08-12-2013, 12:12
Kat and Alfie Moon will discover they are expecting a baby in an upcoming EastEnders storyline, it has been revealed.

Viewers will see Kat share the happy news with her former husband over the festive period.

The on-off couple - played by Shane Richie and Jessie Wallace - reconciled last month after Alfie fled his wedding to Roxy Mitchell (Rita Simons) to chase after Kat and convince her to stay in the country.

The pair's reunion after eleven months apart was watched by 8.1 million viewers when it aired on November 26.

The child will be the first for the couple, although Alfie helped to bring up Tommy - Kat's son with his cousin Michael Moon.

Other Christmas storylines in Albert Square include Carol Jackson (Lindsey Coulson) sharing a passionate kiss with former flame David Wicks (Michael French) and the arrival of Nikki Spraggan (Rachel Wilde), the ex-wife of Bianca Butcher's (Patsy Palmer) new boyfriend Terry.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a536681/eastenders-character-to-reveal-pregnancy-in-christmas-storyline.html#ixzz2msuXQwsf

Perdita
08-12-2013, 12:12
Kat and Alfie Moon will discover they are expecting a baby in an upcoming EastEnders storyline, it has been revealed.

Viewers will see Kat share the happy news with her former husband over the festive period.

The on-off couple - played by Shane Richie and Jessie Wallace - reconciled last month after Alfie fled his wedding to Roxy Mitchell (Rita Simons) to chase after Kat and convince her to stay in the country.

The pair's reunion after eleven months apart was watched by 8.1 million viewers when it aired on November 26.

The child will be the first for the couple, although Alfie helped to bring up Tommy - Kat's son with his cousin Michael Moon.

Other Christmas storylines in Albert Square include Carol Jackson (Lindsey Coulson) sharing a passionate kiss with former flame David Wicks (Michael French) and the arrival of Nikki Spraggan (Rachel Wilde), the ex-wife of Bianca Butcher's (Patsy Palmer) new boyfriend Terry.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a536681/eastenders-character-to-reveal-pregnancy-in-christmas-storyline.html#ixzz2msuXQwsf

lizann
08-12-2013, 21:18
is alfie sure he is dad this time?

tammyy2j
05-01-2014, 20:35
So what problems with happen with the twins, I cant see Kat having an easy pregnancy and delivery

Maybe they will be conjoined, disabled or will Ronnie and Roxy steal both this time around?

tammyy2j
05-01-2014, 20:35

Kim
05-01-2014, 21:37
So what problems with happen with the twins, I cant see Kat having an easy pregnancy and delivery

Maybe they will be conjoined, disabled or will Ronnie and Roxy steal both this time around?

I don't think they'll be conjoined, from where the woman doing the scan was pointing, they looked spaced out. Someone on DS I think it was also made the point that it'd require a lot of special effects to do it which was probably above EE.

My money is on one being born healthy and one disabled. I can see Kat refusing that birth defects screening test on the basis that it raises the risk of miscarriage and she's previously had two.

I don't think Ronnie and Roxy will steal them. Ronnie lost a lot of fans during that storyline. Dominic Treadwell Collins created the characters of Ronnie and Roxy and will want to ensure that they remain popular. Roxy shouldn't want to steal one after the shocking display of Amy's childcare that we have seen this week.

lizann
05-01-2014, 23:42
alfie should demand a paternity test from kat

owenlee4me
06-01-2014, 17:12
Why can Kat not just have two little boys who are typical little lads, getting into mischief and being the apple(s) of their Parents eyes.
surely there are possibilities-- of some normal kids living with their parents in Albert Sq. There are so many kids who live there with out their parents (Lola, Jay,Poppy, Fat's etc) seems as if you live in AS you end up parentless, or least one half less, not all LOndon families are split into pieces, are they?????????????

owenlee4me
06-01-2014, 17:12
Why can Kat not just have two little boys who are typical little lads, getting into mischief and being the apple(s) of their Parents eyes.
surely there are possibilities-- of some normal kids living with their parents in Albert Sq. There are so many kids who live there with out their parents (Lola, Jay,Poppy, Fat's etc) seems as if you live in AS you end up parentless, or least one half less, not all LOndon families are split into pieces, are they?????????????

Kim
06-01-2014, 20:02

It's possible, no one knows what will happen just yet. There could be the drama of Kat feeling that Alfie is treating the twins better than Tommy; it could all be fine and just put more pressure on them financially, it might be more focussed on them struggling energy wise as they are older parents.

I hope they have a girl. It'll be nice for Kat after Zoe was taken from her, and we've already seen them with a boy.

lizann
14-01-2014, 19:35
is jessie and shane taking time off?

tammyy2j
16-01-2014, 21:29
Alfie must be going off for a month to work with Spencer in Australia

Kim
17-01-2014, 00:35
is jessie and shane taking time off?

Shane took time off to do a panto, which ran from the beginning of December to the first week in January. Jessie is doing a musical this year, but as far as I know she's balancing EastEnders around it and Kat won't be written out for a time as Alfie is being now.

lizann
19-01-2014, 19:59

and no visa needed

lizann
19-01-2014, 19:59

and no visa needed

lizann
16-03-2014, 21:25
an ozzie woman comes looking for alfie seems he had a relationship while away over there

moonstorm
17-03-2014, 11:02
Is that not the same story line as Max and Kirsty?

Perdita
17-03-2014, 11:27
Pretty similar

tammyy2j
18-03-2014, 14:12
Did Alfie got married in Australia?

Perdita
22-03-2014, 06:12
Kat Moon has some bad news for her family on EastEnders next week as she reveals that she could be facing a prison sentence.

Thursday night's episode saw Kat (Jessie Wallace) land herself in trouble with the authorities as she was caught out for giving false evidence at Janine Butcher's murder trial.

When Kat returns from the police station and catches up with her loved ones, she reveals that she could be sent to jail for perjury.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/11/618x432/soaps-eastenders-4824-16.jpg
Kat returns from the police station after being told she could face a prison sentence for perjury.
© BBC
Kat returns from the police station

With so much drama going on at home, Kat's nervous partner Alfie (Shane Richie) hopes that he can hide what happened with his burger van.

Viewers saw Alfie's Australian visitor Nicole drive away with the vehicle earlier this week as she sought repayment following his attempt to con her.

Unfortunately for Alfie, he is soon caught out by Kat and is forced to come clean about what happened. How will Kat react to what Alfie has been up to?

EastEnders airs these scenes on Monday (March 24) at 8pm on BBC One.

Perdita
27-03-2014, 16:56
EastEnders star Shane Richie has signed up for another Christmas pantomime role.

The actor, best known for playing Walford's Alfie Moon, will take the lead part in Dick Whittington at the Wycombe Swan theatre in Buckinghamshire.

Richie previously starred as Buttons in Cinderella at the same venue last Christmas.

"Audiences in Wycombe loved Shane's unique and very funny performance as Buttons last year, and he clearly loved being here," said Simon Stallworthy, theatre director at the Wycombe Swan.

"He has a real warmth as a performer and establishes a great relationship with the audience. He's one of the top pantomime performers in the country and we are thrilled to be welcoming him back to the Swan this year.

"It will be a real treat and a chance for those that couldn't get tickets to see an actor and comedian at the top of his game in action."

Dick Whittington will run from December 13, 2014 to January 4, 2015. Tickets are already available via the Wycombe Swan's website.

moonstorm
28-03-2014, 08:43
Well there's Alfie and Kat splitting up again at Christmas so Alfie can have a wee holiday!

Kim
28-03-2014, 18:03
I doubt they will even write Alfie out. The panto run is for less time this year than last year, and I think all the cast have two weeks off over Christmas anyway. I think Shane's done panto every year since 2010 and 2013 was the first time that they actually referenced in storylines that he'd gone away.

Kim
24-06-2014, 07:56
I think this is supposed to be funny but I'm not amused in the slightest.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/385113/EXCLUSIVE-Eastenders-Kat-and-Alfie-to-name-twin-boys-after-Sesame-Street-stars

Still hoping it's false as there's nothing on Digital Spy. I really wanted Kat to have another daughter after she didn't get the chance with Zoe.

Perdita
24-06-2014, 08:21
I used to find Daily Star pretty accurate in their spoilers ... guess Ernie and Bert is better than some of the names the celebrities have given their poor kids ....

Perdita
27-07-2014, 11:22
EastEnders characters will be shocked when a devastating fire hits Albert Square later this year.

The blaze will tear through the Slaters' house and leave at least one character with life-threatening injuries, reports Daily Star Sunday.

The whole Slater family are among those affected, including Kat (Jessie Wallace), Alfie (Shane Richie) and the newborn twins, in addition to other Albert Square characters who get caught up in the incident.

The fire is deliberately started by a mystery resident in the Square.

The dramatic scenes have already been filmed and are due to air on the soap in September.

Kim
27-07-2014, 20:01
Looks like the whole name thing is indeed true. I found this picture on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/eastendersarmy/status/493360273190047744

tammyy2j
27-07-2014, 21:16
I think Stacey and Jean are also involved in the fire storyline

Perdita
24-08-2014, 17:06
An EastEnders storyline involving a house fire will lead to dramatic changes for Kat Slater (Jessie Wallace).

The fan favourite character will be front and centre in a storyline that sees the Slater house go up in flames, after being targeted by a mysterious arsonist.

A production source told the Daily Star that Kat will be caught up in the blaze, but will manage to escape after suffering serious burns.

Wallace will then begin wearing special effects make-up for her scenes to sensitively portray the effect that the burns will have on Kat for the rest of her life.

The storyline is expected to be a major shift for the character, with the impact of her injuries taking an emotional toll on Kat for the foreseeable future.

With many other members of the Slater clan also staying at the house, it is unclear if Kat will be the only one affected by the fire.

EastEnders airs on BBC One.

Kim
24-08-2014, 23:29
From Unreality TV:

"...she [Kat] will be left with burns so horrendous that a specialist team of makeup artists has been called in to create prosthetics for Wallace."

"In the aftermath of the blaze, it will transpire that though the arsonist knew that Kat’s twin boys Bert and Ernie were in the house along with their dad Alfie, Stacey and her daughter Lily, Big Mo and little Tommy, he/she wasn’t aware that Kat was in the house…"

Whoever it is is twisted!

owenlee4me
25-08-2014, 11:25
we have already had burns story lines with Tamwar, why again!!!!!!

lizann
25-08-2014, 14:26

so the show and jessie can win awards :p

lizann
25-08-2014, 14:26

so the show and jessie can win awards :p

tammyy2j
06-09-2014, 21:41
EastEnders bosses have revealed details of the soap's dramatic September storylines, confirming that Alfie Moon is about to become an arsonist.

Autumn on Albert Square kicks off with a bang as a dangerous fire rages through the Moons' home following a reckless decision from Alfie (Shane Richie).
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/36/618x411/soaps-eastenders-alfie-moon-arson-1.jpg
Alfie gets the idea to start a fire
© BBC
Alfie gets the idea to start a fire

With his financial problems mounting, Alfie decides that the only way out of his mess is to set fire to the family home in an insurance scam.

Alfie puts his foolish plan into motion, but is later left horrified when he learns that his house is not empty as he had first thought.

When Alfie runs back home in the hope of launching a rescue mission, he is left horrified as an unexpected explosion rips through the house. He rushes into the burning building, but his crime is about to have far-reaching consequences that he never could have imagined.

What insurance is Alfie trying to scam, it is a council house but Mo rented it out to Derek before he died too

Kim
07-09-2014, 21:58
Contents I'd presume. Ridiculous storyline with as many holes in it as the Janine/Kat/Stacey business. Like they'd have kept up with insurance payments when they're behind with the rent and have had clothes, nappies etc to buy for the twins.

And why is there not a smoke detector in that house?! It also went up in flames 12 years ago!

owenlee4me
08-09-2014, 13:51
This storyline is so so wrong , there was a man who set fire to his own home (in real life!) and 6 of his kids died, , there are folk out there who could be influenced by this story line, and not to mention the extended family who lost those little kiddies having to relive the tragedy, whether they watch EE or not, they will be aware of it on the TV, Don't put such a horrific fire on again!!!!

Perdita
08-09-2014, 13:54
Every story in magazines, books, newspapers and on the tv have the potential to influence people that have had a similar bad experience. Even the national or international news could trigger something in some people.

owenlee4me
08-09-2014, 14:09
so why add to it?????????

Perdita
16-09-2014, 14:17
EastEnders star Shane Richie has said that there will be dark times ahead for his character's wife Kat Moon as she faces life-changing injuries following this week's fire.

Last night viewers saw Richie's character Alfie set fire to their family home as part of an insurance scam, unaware that Kat (Jessie Wallace) had returned home from Sharon's hen party.

Tonight Alfie will put his life on the line in a desperate bid to try and save her, but his actions have massive consequences for Kat in the aftermath.

Speaking to Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby on This Morning today (September 16), Richie said: "For Kat, it is life-changing.

"For Jessie as an actress, being able to play the storyline we have got coming up after this event is brilliant.

He continued: "It will be such a departure from how we know Kat now - the tart with the heart and the heavy make-up. She will become the complete opposite to that. It is heartbreaking."

When asked if Kat and Alfie's relationship can survive such a devastating ordeal, Richie said: "Sadly, we don't know. It leads us up to Christmas and of course the 30th anniversary in February.

"A lot of stories that are now beginning to bubble away at the moment will be resolved then."

lizann
24-11-2014, 21:57
a bit of twitter buzz going around that shane is leaving and that alfie is getting killed off

Glen1
24-11-2014, 22:44
I don't think the latest Kat and Alfie storyline has rocked anyone's boat. Kat may be the next to depart. Seems quite a few of the cast leaving .

tammyy2j
25-11-2014, 17:06
I don't think the latest Kat and Alfie storyline has rocked anyone's boat. Kat may be the next to depart. Seems quite a few of the cast leaving .

Putting Kat with Derek for an affair was awful writing

lizann
25-11-2014, 21:41

but kat was so passionately in love with derek :p

lizann
25-11-2014, 21:41

but kat was so passionately in love with derek :p

Dazzle
26-11-2014, 13:14

That storyline was the last straw for me and I didn't watch for 18 months. Luckily, Eastenders is much better on the whole nowadays, although I've hated the arson storyline.

Perdita
29-11-2014, 17:18
EastEnders star Shane Richie has expressed excitement over future plans for Kat and Alfie Moon, hinting that early 2015 plots will be huge for the couple.

The actor and his on-screen wife Jessie Wallace were recently briefed over upcoming storylines for their characters in a meeting with the show's executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins.

The Moons have already featured in an explosive story this year as Alfie set fire to his family home in an insurance scam, which had dire consequences when Kat suffered serious burns. With pressure mounting on Alfie, it remains to be seen whether the truth comes out in the near future.

However, discussing 2015 storylines, Richie commented: "I had a meeting with Dom and he just talked me and Jessie through storylines leading up to Easter, and wow. He's just told me and I've gone, 'Oh my God'.

"The stuff that Kat and Alfie are going to play between January and Easter, it's almost like 12/13 years of Kat and Alfie just goes bang, like that."

He continued: "We've played everything from Nana Moon dying in my arms right back to Spencer, the Kat and Alfie wedding, the breaking up, the Derek stuff, now the fire and you're thinking, 'You're gonna run out of ideas'.

"I just said to Dom, 'Go on then, hit me with it, let me see what you're gonna come up with' and when he told us I just sat there and went, 'Jesus, this guy's a genius'.

"That's Dom's strength - his passion for the show is so infectious. When the contracts are coming up and it's a case of whether you're going to stay or go, I say, 'No, I need to stay now, I need to see this through, Kat and Alfie'. I know Jessie's really excited about it all and I certainly am, but I can't tell you what it is!"

Richie also admitted that he prefers filming on the show now that Alfie and Kat are no longer in charge of the Queen Vic.

He said: "When you're in The Vic, it's a different filming schedule because you're involved in everyone else's storyline, so you can be in there six days a week. When we first got kicked out, we were like, 'But Kat and Alfie belong in The Vic, what are you doing?' And for a couple of weeks we were treading water.

"But my missus is loving it now because I'm doing school runs, I'm there for netball games. It's a different filming schedule for me and Jessie and I'm loving it. So I'm dreading it if Dom turns round and says, 'I've got an idea, Kat and Alfie back in The Vic'. I'm happy the way I am, we're alright!"

tammyy2j
01-12-2014, 16:06
Maybe another affair for Kat to boost her self esteem from her "bad face scars from the burns"

Perdita
04-12-2014, 04:09
EastEnders fans will see the Moons' marriage face one of its biggest ever hurdles later this month as Kat discovers that Alfie was responsible for the fire which left her badly burned.

Alfie's guilt is exposed in the build-up to Christmas and while viewers will have to wait and see exactly how Kat (Jessie Wallace) reacts, the shock revelation is bound to have huge repercussions for both characters.

Here, Shane Richie - who plays Alfie - offers his thoughts on the drama to come.

What kind of Christmas is this going to be for Kat and Alfie?
"This one ain't good! It all comes to fruition very soon. Alfie is just living a lie at the moment and it was kind of a relief when we filmed the pay-off, to get it out of the way. It was lovely to play actually."

Why do Kat and Alfie end up homeless again?
"They have been squatting for a while and they get kicked out. Alfie has been living this lie that he's been renting this house, but of course he hasn't and once they get kicked out, they stay with Mick and Linda at The Vic.

"That was interesting to play. We played the awkwardness of it as well - only a year ago they were celebrating and now here they are sleeping on the floor with bags around them and the three kids."

Kat doesn't leave the flat without a fight, though!
"Yeah, Kat tries to make a stand. It's interesting because the roles reverse a little bit. At first Alfie is quite adamant about what they're doing and thinks they're going to see it through, but then he has to hold his hands up because the police are outside and the whole of Walford has turned up to see this couple being turfed out!

"That was quite poignant to play - watching Kat come on like Citizen Smith for a while. She says they're not going anywhere, but Alfie wants them to go somewhere else. That's when Mick and Linda step in and say, 'Come and stay with us'. Alfie says they'll stay there for one night and then he'll go to find them somewhere else."
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/48/618x412/soaps-eastenders-4977-491.jpg
The police arrive when Kat refuses to leave the flat.
© BBC
The police arrive when Kat refuses to leave

What happens when they seek help from the council?
"The council say they have somewhere for them where they could settle down with a house, but it's in Hull. They're left with a decision to make and then right afterwards, something happens and it's the big reveal. Kat finds out!"

Do you think Alfie's actions are worse than what Kat did with Derek?
"We spoke about this with the writer at one time. I think Alfie is very different to Kat and he's far more forgiving than her. Also there was a story with Kat going off with Derek - was it Alfie's fault because he wasn't paying enough attention?

"But Alfie has set fire to a house. To all intents and purposes, it was only supposed to be a bin fire and smoke damage, but of course the whole bleedin' lot went up. I think the reaction is that people could have died and Alfie could have lost his family. I think that's where the guilt lies and that's what Kat is thinking: 'Jesus Christ, what was he thinking?'"

Will Kat make Alfie pay for what he's done?
"You'll have to wait and see!"

What kind of impact do you think it will have on them?
"I think this is so extreme that if it happened in real life, I don't know how you would come back from this. Infidelity and flirting is one thing, but this was putting people's lives at risk."

Do you hope they can come back from it, though?
"Yeah, I hope so. The stuff we're playing at the moment is really interesting because this wasn't about infidelity. This is about two people who passionately can't be without each other but have been involved in a horrible tragedy."

How do you feel about Alfie becoming less likeable recently? We've had this story, and also his remarks about Aleks being in the country…
"I fought with doing that scene with Aleks and that was really interesting. When Alfie was put in a corner, that was said out of pure desperation. When we were filming it, I remember thinking as a performer that you have to find a way. When it was just written on the page, it looked quite callous and for want of a better word, quite racist - but you have to understand the character, where he was at that point and that he said it out of pure desperation.

"Funnily enough it wasn't in the script, but when we came to film it I said, 'Please make Alfie apologise straight after he said it'. So the director and the producer were kind enough to obviously do the dialogue, but at the end of it see me going, 'No I'm sorry, that's not what I meant'. I knew that Alfie would have realised what he said and tried to make amends.

"It was really interesting seeing that side of Alfie. I've got friends and great actors that are working on building sites at the moment trying to make a living, so I understand the desperation."

Are you enjoying Alfie and Mick's relationship?
"Yeah, it's interesting. There's talk of Alfie and Mick doing something and me and Danny get on well. We were talking about how it'd be great if they got scams going with Alfie and Mick. So I know the producers have got plans in the future for Alfie and Mick, which will be good."

Do you and Jessie both hope that more Slaters will come back?
"Yeah, it's always been talked about but obviously that's not down to me. Mo occasionally keeps going off with Fat Elvis somewhere. I'd love to meet Fat Elvis!"
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/36/618x455/soaps-eastenders-4925-00.jpg
Mick tries to get Alfie to reconsider.
© BBC
Alfie and Mick have struck up a friendship

What kind of reaction have you had from people since Alfie has made such a mess of things?
"People keep saying, 'You've got to tell her, tell her!' I'll be at the till at Morrisons and they'll say, 'Alfie, tell her!' The kids are going, 'Dad, what are they talking about?' and I say, 'Don't worry, it's your screen mum.' A lot of people want me to tell her and Alfie should have done that a long time ago."

Do you get frustrated with him?
"Yeah. The more I play Alfie, the less like me he is. When I first started in the show he was very much like me and the lines were blurred, but now they are so not. I can walk away from the show, I can leave my scripts in the car and they don't come in the house and I can separate the two. The longer I play Alfie, the longer I can do that."

alan45
22-12-2014, 00:51
EastEnders star Shane Richie has revealed that there is still a ray of hope for Kat and Alfie Moon's future as a couple.

Kat (Jessie Wallace) split from Alfie last week after he finally told her that he started the house fire which left her badly burned, bringing months of deception to an end.

http://i2.cdnds.net/14/51/618x637/soaps-eastenders-kat-alfie-moon-christmas.jpg
© BBC / Nicky Johnston
The Moon family at Christmas

Tonight's episode (December 22) sees Alfie desperately try to convince Kat to give him another chance, but when he instinctively comforts one of their twins, she angrily tells him to get away from them.

The tense encounter leaves Alfie fearing that he could be forced to spend Christmas away from his children due to Kat's fury.

Speaking of the pair's new dynamic, Richie commented: "It's interesting not working with Jessie as much. Kat and Alfie have got the kids so we are working together, but the stuff we're playing at the moment is really interesting.

"This wasn't about infidelity, this is about two people who passionately can't be without each other, yet have been involved in this horrible tragedy."

Kat tells Alfie they need to move out of the Vic.

http://i1.cdnds.net/14/48/618x432/soaps-eastenders-4978-1.jpg
© BBC
Kat and Alfie hit the rocks last week

Asked whether the pair's relationship could change permanently if Kat no longer sees Alfie as her 'Man in the Moon', he replied: "Well you just said something there, which is a clue to how they get back. It's to do with history.

"You've got to go right back to find out how they eventually come together, which is what I've been told by the producers."

Richie has previously teased that 2015 will be huge for Kat and Alfie, with a big storyline running between January and Easter.

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins also said last week: "Kat and Alfie are quieter at Christmas, but their story for next year is new, fresh and exciting. For characters that have been around for a long time, that's very hard to do and we've achieved that."

alan45
22-12-2014, 00:51
EastEnders star Shane Richie has revealed that there is still a ray of hope for Kat and Alfie Moon's future as a couple.

Kat (Jessie Wallace) split from Alfie last week after he finally told her that he started the house fire which left her badly burned, bringing months of deception to an end.

http://i2.cdnds.net/14/51/618x637/soaps-eastenders-kat-alfie-moon-christmas.jpg
© BBC / Nicky Johnston
The Moon family at Christmas

Tonight's episode (December 22) sees Alfie desperately try to convince Kat to give him another chance, but when he instinctively comforts one of their twins, she angrily tells him to get away from them.

The tense encounter leaves Alfie fearing that he could be forced to spend Christmas away from his children due to Kat's fury.

Speaking of the pair's new dynamic, Richie commented: "It's interesting not working with Jessie as much. Kat and Alfie have got the kids so we are working together, but the stuff we're playing at the moment is really interesting.

"This wasn't about infidelity, this is about two people who passionately can't be without each other, yet have been involved in this horrible tragedy."

Kat tells Alfie they need to move out of the Vic.

http://i1.cdnds.net/14/48/618x432/soaps-eastenders-4978-1.jpg
© BBC
Kat and Alfie hit the rocks last week

Asked whether the pair's relationship could change permanently if Kat no longer sees Alfie as her 'Man in the Moon', he replied: "Well you just said something there, which is a clue to how they get back. It's to do with history.

"You've got to go right back to find out how they eventually come together, which is what I've been told by the producers."

Richie has previously teased that 2015 will be huge for Kat and Alfie, with a big storyline running between January and Easter.

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins also said last week: "Kat and Alfie are quieter at Christmas, but their story for next year is new, fresh and exciting. For characters that have been around for a long time, that's very hard to do and we've achieved that."

Perdita
28-12-2014, 10:54
EastEnders' Kat Moon will soon discover that her Uncle Harry was a serial sex offender.

Kat (Jessie Wallace) is contacted by the police after a number of her late uncle's victims come forward more than a decade after his death.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/52/618x412/soaps-eastenders-mo-harris-kat-moon-shock.jpg
Kat sits in shock
© BBC

A show spokesperson confirmed details of the storyline to The Sun.

Kat will be drawn into the police investigation as Harry left her money in his will. He raped her at the age of 13, which resulted in the birth of her daughter Zoe.

After Kat is first told about her inheritance, she decides that she needs to talk to Alfie, and arranges to meet him in the Queen Vic.

However, she becomes furious when she realises that Alfie thinks a reunion is on the cards.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/52/618x412/soaps-eastenders-kat-alfie-moon-bombshell.jpg
Kat drops a bombshell on Alfie
© BBC

As she struggles to cope with the situation, she decides to take her mind off her problems with a one-night stand.

Shane Richie - who plays Alfie - has already revealed that Kat and Alfie's relationship may be saved by something to do with "history", advising that fans think "right back" to an old storyline.

parkerman
28-12-2014, 12:58
How come Kat's only just found out she was left money in Harry's will? He died in 2002 and it was said at the time that he left £18,000 to Zoe. So how come his bequest to Kat comes to light 12 years later? The scriptwriters better have a good explanation!!!

Perdita
28-12-2014, 13:48
Maybe he did not die for real in 2002, like Nick, and only recently died for real :hmm:

Dazzle
28-12-2014, 18:01
EastEnders' Kat Moon will soon discover that her Uncle Harry was a serial sex offender.

Kat will be drawn into the police investigation as Harry left her money in his will. He raped her at the age of 13, which resulted in the birth of her daughter Zoe.

Kat being drawn into the police investigation of Harry could be an interesting (and topical) storyline, but I'm not going to enjoy it if it's just an excuse for more irritating Kat/Alfie drama. :thumbsdow

lizann
28-12-2014, 20:55
zoe could have more brothers and sisters out there

alan45
28-12-2014, 23:59

alan45
28-12-2014, 23:59
How come Kat's only just found out she was left money in Harry's will? He died in 2002 and it was said at the time that he left £18,000 to Zoe. So how come his bequest to Kat comes to light 12 years later? The scriptwriters better have a good explanation!!!

People have a habit of dying several times in Deadenders so I suppose each time they "Die" then there is an excuse for a new will. Another funeral would give people who were not able to fly home for their father or mother's funeral another chance.

tammyy2j
29-12-2014, 19:05
So Kat money problems will be all over if she takes the money from the will

Kim
16-01-2015, 12:30
Harry didn't leave £18,000 to Zoe, it was a birthday present. He put a note in which said "one for every year of your life." Presumably as the cheque was never cashed, it remained part of Harry's estate which would have passed to Charlie when he died. (His sister, Stacey's nan is dead and we know he never had a decent relationship after what he did.)

It sounded like this was what happened as it seemed that Mo and Charlie had discussed giving Kat this money in Lanzarote over Christmas. Question then is, why didn't Charlie claim to win the lottery when the financial struggles started and give Kat the money that way, or at least explain about Harry at that point if he didn't want to deceive her? Oh yes, of course, because Alfie needed to burn the place down so that Nick Cotton, in hiding as Reg Cox, could die on the anniversary in the house that he murdered the real Reg Cox :wall:

DTC started off well but the rot set in after a few months. This serial rapist revelation is bound to be sensationalised in some way (the fire would have been much better as a genuine accident, I think) and not get the screentime that it should. Being so image conscious, the disfigurement should have been a perfect storyline for Kat but instead her agoraphobia disappeared overnight and she clearly has no problem in the bedroom despite the scars, after the one night stand last week.

Dazzle
16-01-2015, 12:54
DTC started off well but the rot set in after a few months. This serial rapist revelation is bound to be sensationalised in some way (the fire would have been much better as a genuine accident, I think) and not get the screentime that it should. Being so image conscious, the disfigurement should have been a perfect storyline for Kat but instead her agoraphobia disappeared overnight and she clearly has no problem in the bedroom despite the scars, after the one night stand last week.

I do agree with some the problems you've highlighted Kim. It was a huge mistake to make Alfie an arsonist, and Kat's scars should have affected her much more deeply than they have.

I think Harry being revealed as serial rapist is a great idea (and very topical) and could be compelling stuff if written well. I guess we'll have to see how the storyline progresses but I'm hopeful it'll be sensitively done (as Linda's rape has mostly been).

DTC is certainly not perfect but I've been really enjoying EE again for the first time in years, so on the whole I'm delighted with him at the moment.

parkerman
16-01-2015, 22:27
Harry didn't leave £18,000 to Zoe, it was a birthday present.
Are you sure about that? According to Eastenders Wiki, he left it to her in his will. Extract below:

"........Harry calls Kat a bitch and leaves in a taxi. Kat attempts suicide but is found in the park by Zoe and is rushed to hospital. The following year [2002], Charlie receives news that Harry has died from a heart attack. Harry leaves Zoe £18,000 in his will, but when Zoe sees how much the idea of taking anything from Harry is upsetting Kat, she burns the check saying she doesn't need his money."

Kim
18-01-2015, 20:10
Are you sure about that? According to Eastenders Wiki, he left it to her in his will. Extract below:

\\"........Harry calls Kat a bitch and leaves in a taxi. Kat attempts suicide but is found in the park by Zoe and is rushed to hospital. The following year [2002], Charlie receives news that Harry has died from a heart attack. Harry leaves Zoe £18,000 in his will, but when Zoe sees how much the idea of taking anything from Harry is upsetting Kat, she burns the check saying she doesn't need his money.\\"

Positive, I've just found the clip on DailyMotion:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video /xcqw6m_eastenders-harry-sends-zoe-a-cheque_shortfilms

I've put a space in the link as it wouldn't show up in the post otherwise.

parkerman
19-01-2015, 05:42
Thanks Kim. Yes, you're right.

However, if Zoe never cashed the cheque, it means it would still have been in his account when he died and he could still have left it to her in his will, which is how it comes to be hers now.

parkerman
19-01-2015, 05:42

lizann
22-03-2015, 00:09
kat tries to kill herself

Perdita
22-03-2015, 00:29
EastEnders will air a dark storyline for Kat Moon next month as she makes an attempt to take her own life.

The long-standing character, played by Jessie Wallace, reaches her lowest ebb as a devastating build-up of troubles finally take their toll on her mental wellbeing.

Kat has faced a number of personal setbacks over the past year or so, dating back to the moment that she and husband Alfie lost the Queen Vic at Christmas 2013.

Without the pub to rely on, things later became worse for the Moon family as their financial situation deteriorated further. This led to Alfie seeking a reckless solution by committing arson at home in an insurance scam and inadvertently leaving Kat badly burned.

Kat was left humiliated when she and Alfie were forced to squat in an empty flat in Walford as they had nowhere else to stay following the blaze, but the final straw for their relationship came when Alfie's involvement in the fire was finally revealed.

More recently, Kat has also struggled with the revelation that her daughter Zoe wants nothing to do with her, as well as the agonising dilemma of whether to accept money that her abusive uncle Harry Slater left for her in his will.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/09/618x424/soaps-eastenders-5029-871.jpg
Kat decides to take Harry's money and starts to write a letter to her solicitor
© BBC
Kat in a recent EastEnders episode

Upcoming episodes will see Kat discover that her grandmother Mo Harris has accepted Harry's cash on her behalf, which sends her on another downward spiral and leads to her taking an overdose.

Alfie proves to be Kat's saviour as he realises what she has done and races to her rescue, calling an ambulance so that she can be rushed to hospital.

EastEnders bosses have carefully planned the Kat storyline for several months and it was always the case that her current troubles would lead to her terrible decision.

As a mum-of-four with strong family ties, Kat has so much left to live for and the story will see her start to slowly rebuild her life after she survives the suicide attempt.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/52/618x412/soaps-eastenders-alfie-kat-reunion-hope1.jpg
Alfie hopes Kat wants him back
© BBC
Kat with estranged husband Alfie

Show chiefs have already announced that Kat's story is building up to a guest appearance from Absolutely Fabulous actress June Whitfield. Whitfield's scenes will air in May as Kat continues to explore her past.

LostVoodoo
29-03-2015, 15:57
I don't think it's right to say I'm looking forward to this, but Jessie Wallace is going to be amazing, I'm sure. I haven't seen anywhere else mention this yet, but don't forget she did try and kill herself before, when she finally confessed to Zoe about being her mum.

Jessie Wallace
04-04-2015, 04:54
Kat and Alfie to get their own show!

EastEnders’ favourites, Kat and Alfie, will be taking a break from Walford later this year but even though they are leaving Albert Square they will not be leaving BBC One as they will star in their very own drama series.

Life has been a rollercoaster for the on/off lovers over the past few months but Kat and Alfie soon reunite and have the opportunity to put their past behind them. Only this time viewers can follow them as they head out of Walford to start a new life.

The six part drama series has been created by Dominic Treadwell-Collins, EastEnders Executive Producer and it will be written and produced by the EastEnders team.

Speaking about the new drama, Dominic said “In the next few weeks on EastEnders, viewers will witness several huge twists for Kat and Alfie Moon that will change their lives forever. Now is the perfect time to take two of EastEnders’ most beloved and enduring characters out of their comfort zone as they head to Ireland to search for answers to some very big questions… My team here are very excited about creating a whole new drama that stands apart from EastEnders while taking our style of storytelling to a place of stories, myth, secrets and immeasurable beauty.”

Charlotte Moore, Controller BBC One added “Life is anything but dull for favourite EastEnders couple Kat and Alfie as they embark on a new life in Ireland in this exciting drama series. Rest assured, their rollercoaster isn’t set to end any time soon.”

Speaking of their new drama Shane said “Both Jessie and I are absolutely thrilled to be given this amazing opportunity. To have a whole drama focussed around Kat and Alfie is a huge honour for us both and we just can’t wait to start filming.”

Jessie Wallace added “I have always loved working on EastEnders so when I heard of this new drama to take Kat and Alfie outside of Walford, I couldn’t believe our luck. To be exploring the next chapter for Kat as well as working alongside my best mate, Shane, is a dream come true and a huge compliment.”

Kat and Alfie’s new drama series will consist of six hour long episodes for BBC One and will start filming this autumn. it's due to transmit in 2016

Jessie Wallace
04-04-2015, 04:54

Kissinger
04-04-2015, 17:49
I don't get it, so does this mean they are going to be out of EE most of this year, and some of next, as they abscond to Ireland?

Perdita
04-04-2015, 22:01
I can't help feeling this is an attempt to bring back their popularity as I think viewers interest in them has gone down from when they first became a couple .... not sure it will work but good luck !

lizann
05-04-2015, 00:40
i don't remember them having any irish connections or relatives

Perdita
06-04-2015, 13:52
EastEnders has received a warning from an Irish politician over its upcoming spinoff.

It was announced last week that Kat (Jessie Wallace) and Alfie (Shane Richie) will take a break from Albert Square later this year, and will star in their very own drama series in 2016.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/30/618x658/soaps-eastenders-kat-alfie-twins-3.jpg
Kat, Alfie and the twins
© BBC

The series will see the reunited couple try to start a new life in Ireland following a tumultuous couple of years.

However, Ireland's Junior Tourism Minister, Michael Ring, has urged producers to learn from previous mistakes and portray the country in a more positive light.

Three episodes of the BBC soap were set in Ireland back in 1997, as Pauline Fowler went in search of her long-lost sister.

The episodes caused controversy over their portrayal of Irish life, which included wild animals on the streets and drunk and disorderly behaviour. The BBC issued an apology to the country following the broadcast of the episodes.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/52/618x412/soaps-eastenders-alfie-kat-reunion-hope1.jpg
Alfie hopes Kat wants him back
© BBC
Viewers will soon see Kat and Alfie reunite after months of turmoil

Speaking about the show's return, Ring told the Irish Independent: "The British market is still our number one market for tourism. And, once it is selling Ireland in a positive manner, I would welcome it.

"I hope they have learned from their mistakes and I hope they will be showing Ireland in a positive light this time."

Dominic Treadwell-Collins said of the spinoff: "My team here are very excited about creating a whole new drama that stands apart from EastEnders, while taking our style of storytelling to a place of stories, myth, secrets and immeasurable beauty."

Kat and Alfie's new series will begin filming this autumn and is due to transmit as six hour-long episodes next year.

EastEnders airs on RTE One in Ireland.

alan45
07-04-2015, 10:55
Dominic Treadwell-Collins said of the spinoff: "My team here are very excited about creating a whole new drama that stands apart from EastEnders, while taking our style of storytelling to a place of stories, myth, secrets and immeasurable beauty."

What a patronising git:sick:

parkerman
07-04-2015, 11:56
Exactly what I thought when I read it.

maidmarian
07-04-2015, 13:54

Myths secrets!! That will be more retcons
character re-writes and personality transplants
then.Wonder if Emerald Isle will be shaken
to its foumdations(probably have more sense)

The story could be ok -if only it didnt have
Alfie in it!!!.my opinion!!
I think.Perdita is correct when she says an
attempt to relaunch Alfie & Kat as a popular
couple but has doubts it will work.

They are at last dealing with Kats childhood
abuse storyline - which will take time but
should give the character some closure and
a new start(hopeully) This would be one step
forward but to then put her back with.Alfie
would be three steps back( again my opinion)
And Jessie Wallace can give a very convincing
performance unlike .....!

maidmarian
07-04-2015, 13:54

Myths secrets!! That will be more retcons
character re-writes and personality transplants
then.Wonder if Emerald Isle will be shaken
to its foumdations(probably have more sense)

The story could be ok -if only it didnt have
Alfie in it!!!.my opinion!!
I think.Perdita is correct when she says an
attempt to relaunch Alfie & Kat as a popular
couple but has doubts it will work.

They are at last dealing with Kats childhood
abuse storyline - which will take time but
should give the character some closure and
a new start(hopeully) This would be one step
forward but to then put her back with.Alfie
would be three steps back( again my opinion)
And Jessie Wallace can give a very convincing
performance unlike .....!

Perdita
23-04-2015, 11:19
EastEnders boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins has teased Kat and Alfie Moon's upcoming spin-off series, revealing that there will be two big twists for the characters before they head out of Walford.

It was revealed earlier this month that the on-off couple would be taking a break from the main show in order to star in a six-part spin-off series.

Treadwell-Collins has now revealed that viewers will be given a hint as to what the spin-off show will be about before Kat and Alfie depart.

Speaking about the new project, he told Radio Times: "There are two massive twists coming up for Kat and Alfie in the next couple of weeks in the main show that will give you clues as to what the spin-off show is about.

"We want to create something big around them. EastEnders as a brand can afford to do it and I've always wanted to do something like that."

Treadwell-Collins also revealed that the show will not solely be about Kat and Alfie, as it will incorporate other characters as well.

He said: "The other important thing about the spin-off show is it's not just about Kat and Alfie - we've created a whole new world and a new lot of characters.

"The writers have created a really lovely, interesting world, but also with our style of storytelling."

Confirming that the pair would be "gone for a while" but it would be "worth the wait", Treadwell-Collins added that he is confident EastEnders will keep moving without them.

He said: "I'm not at all [worried] because we've got the strongest cast we've ever had. And the show can keep moving without Shane and Jessie."

parkerman
23-04-2015, 12:31
Treadwell-Collins added that he is confident EastEnders will keep moving without them.

He said: "I'm not at all [worried] because we've got the strongest cast we've ever had. And the show can keep moving without Shane and Jessie."
Really? Surely not. Everyone knows that we only tune in to watch Shane and Jessie. No-one is interested in the rest of the cast and characters. FFS!!!:wall:

Glen1
23-04-2015, 14:58
:lol:..:lol:

Perdita
01-05-2015, 20:50
EastEnders has delivered another bombshell storyline twist, revealing that Kat Moon has a secret son she knows nothing about.

Kat gave birth to twins in 1984 when she was only 14 years old, but she only remembers the arrival of one of the children - her daughter Zoe Slater.

The truth was revealed to viewers in Friday evening's emotional episode (May 1), which saw Kat pay a visit to the convent where she remembered giving birth to Zoe.

Kat confided in a nun called Sister Ruth (June Whitfield) who had been at her side at the time, but once Kat left it became apparent that Sister Ruth knew one vital detail that she didn't.

Checking the 1984 birth records to verify her suspicions, Sister Ruth found an official note from Kat's previous visit which read: "February 1, 1984. Kathleen Slater, 14. Live births - 2. One girl and one boy."
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/18/618x347/soaps-eastenders-sister-ruth-discovery.png
Sister Ruth makes a discovery
© BBC
Sister Ruth makes a discovery

As Sister Ruth only did her digging once the visit was over, Kat remains completely unaware of the life-changing revelation.

Show bosses are keeping tight-lipped about all further details, leaving fans to wonder whether the secret of Kat's son could take centre stage in EastEnders' upcoming Ireland-based spinoff featuring her and husband Alfie.

Some fans are also speculating that Stacey Slater's brother Sean is the mystery man in question - could it be that Jean isn't his biological mother after all?

lizann
01-05-2015, 21:09
i welcome a sean return but could he and zoe past as the same age

i think ryan or a newbie would be better

lizann
01-05-2015, 21:09
i welcome a sean return but could he and zoe past as the same age

i think ryan or a newbie would be better

Perdita
05-05-2015, 14:34
EastEnders star Shane Richie has assured fans that he won't be leaving the show for good.

The actor's character Alfie Moon will soon be taking a break from Walford alongside his wife Kat (Jessie Wallace), but this paves the way for a new BBC One spinoff show featuring the popular couple.

Tabloid reports yesterday (May 4) suggested that Richie had ruled out a return to EastEnders after the new project, but he has now rubbished the rumours on Twitter.

Lovely people, seems I've been mis-quoted, I'm NOT leaving @bbceastenders #walfordforever

Kat and Alfie's spinoff will be a six-part drama series which sees them embark on a new life together in Ireland after mending their troubled marriage. Production on the programme will begin this autumn ahead of transmission in 2016.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/48/618x412/soaps-eastenders-4977-81.jpg
Alfie comforts Kat
© BBC
Kat (Jessie Wallace) and Alfie (Shane Richie)

Viewers recently discovered that Kat has a secret son, which has left fans wondering about whether this story will be explored further in the new show. At least one other twist for Kat and Alfie is expected to air before they go to Ireland.

Away from the soap world, Richie has secured another role, as he was recently filming for BBC One daytime series Moving On alongside former Coronation Street actress Julie Hesmondhalgh and comedian John Thomson.

Perdita
08-05-2015, 07:09
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a646245/national-lottery-congratulates-eastenders-kat-and-alfie-with-a-fun-barry-evans-video.html#~pc4H33wFiY2kR0

The National Lottery has toasted EastEnders' Kat and Alfie Moon on winning £1 million on a scratch card.

The pair found out they had won after spending a day together in London rekindling their marriage, in tonight's episode of the Albert Square serial. Now, the National Lottery has posted a congratulatory video to the couple starring Barry Evans (Shaun Williamson).

Car salesman Barry, presumed dead after Janine Butcher pushed him off a cliff in 2004, taps Alfie (Shane Richie) up with a project he's looking for investment on... wind-powered cars.

Let's face it - it's not the worst idea Barry has ever come up with.

Alfie wisely turns Barry down and presumably returns to celebrating with Kat (Jessie Wallace) and Stacey (Lacey Turner).
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/19/618x345/soaps-eastenders-kat-alfie-3-984844888.png
Kat and Alfie were stunned by their win
© BBC
Kat and Alfie were stunned by their win

The win sets up Kat and Alfie's exit from the soap - as they star in a six-part drama series spin-off set in Ireland which will air in 2016 on BBC One.

Viewers have also recently discovered that Kat has a secret son she knows nothing about, leaving fans to wonder whether this story could take centre stage in the upcoming spinoff.

tammyy2j
08-05-2015, 14:27
The sensible thing for them to do with the money is buy a house and business and put some away for the kids but no off on holidays probably

Perdita
09-05-2015, 07:27
Kat Moon will be furious on EastEnders next week when she learns of her husband Alfie's plans to reclaim the Queen Vic.

Friday's episode of the soap saw Alfie (Shane Richie) approach the pub's current landlord Mick Carter with an offer to buy him out.

The surprise development came after Alfie and Kat (Jessie Wallace) won £1 million on a scratch card, leaving them with some big decisions to make over their future.

Mick and Linda consider the proposal, but when Kat finds out what Alfie has planned, she is completely unimpressed and insists that they should be starting a new life rather than returning to their old one at The Vic.
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/18/618x441/soaps-eastenders-5065-45.jpg
Kat is unimpressed when Alfie tells her he has made an offer for the Vic
© BBC
Kat and Alfie have a heart to heart

When Kat explains that she just wants to concentrate on being a good mum, Alfie suggests that they should move away from Walford - and he already has a location in mind.

With Kat still unhappy over Alfie's ideas, she soon offers forward a surprising suggestion of her own.

The Moons' current storyline is building up to a temporary exit for the couple, as they will soon be taking a break from the soap.

Kat and Alfie will be starring in a six-part BBC drama series set in Ireland next year, but producers have confirmed that they will be back in Walford afterwards.

parkerman
09-05-2015, 23:17
The sensible thing for them to do with the money is buy a house and business and put some away for the kids but no off on holidays probably
I think with a million pounds they could afford a holiday as well!

Perdita
12-05-2015, 04:44
Reunited EastEnders couple Kat and Alfie Moon say their goodbyes to Walford next week as the BBC soap airs a temporary exit storyline for the popular characters.

Kat and Alfie are bidding farewell ahead of their upcoming BBC spinoff drama, but don't expect them to leave quietly as Alfie will be hiding a huge secret when he goes.

Here, Shane Richie - who plays Alfie - chats about the Moons' farewell scenes and the surprises to come.

How is Alfie feeling in the wake of his big scratchcard win?
"Oh, he is ecstatic! It's strange. He believes they should have a bit of luck after everything they've been through, so he is kind of taking everything in his stride - whereas Kat is panicking, thinking this is all too good to be true."

Why did Alfie put the offer in for The Vic?
"He thinks that's where they belong. He thought Kat wanted to set up and get back to where they first met 13 years ago, but once again he got it so wrong! There are so many demons there, ghosts from the past, so Kat told him that she wants a fresh start away from Walford.

"That kind of throws a bit of a curveball to Alfie and he doesn't know how to react. It's all these juggling balls - winning a million pounds and not quite knowing what to do with it, other than his first reaction of 'Right, let's buy The Vic!'"

Can you tell us anything about their plans for a new life?
"At first they start talking about Spencer, Alfie's brother, because he lives in Australia. They start making plans saying 'Yeah, we can go to Australia, start a new life, maybe open a bar, get some money to spend, bring all the kids'.

"But then they realise that it's a little bit too far. As Kat wants to get a reconciliation with Zoe, she suggests a move to Spain, where Kat and Alfie have already spent a lot of time running a bar six years ago. It doesn't take much persuasion, but she talks Alfie into it and they forget Australia. Alfie says okay and gets the wheels in motion about going to Spain!"

How do they feel about leaving Walford?
"They're alright about it - there's not much snot and tears! I've sat on the M25 in traffic for three hours knowing I could've gone to Spain and back, so they know they won't be too far away from Mo and family and Stacey.

"But by going to Spain, in the sunshine, they're looking forward to it and starting their life again. They're really excited about it and start looking at places to buy in Spain and planning their lives together out there and what they're going to do."

How do their loved ones react to the announcement?
"They're alright! They tell very few people and it's all very last minute - it really is on a whim! Alfie looks after Stacey and helps her out, as does Kat, and Mo's off doing her thing anyway. They have a little leaving party in The Queen Vic which doesn't quite go according to plan. Obviously I can't give too much away, but it is all very last minute! Within 48 hours they're packed and ready to go. Beautiful!"

What can you tell us about Kat's fears?
"Kat's worried that they're gonna get there and it's all too good to be true. What if the dream doesn't live up to its expectation? That's what she's worried about! She really does want a clean start, forgetting everything that's happened in the past, and to leave the whole Harry thing behind.

"By leaving Walford we leave the fire behind, we leave Alfie and Roxy's relationship, everything that's happened, everything is just left behind in Walford. I think that's really what they want to do, but little do they know the baggage they're actually taking with them!"

How does it feel for Kat and Alfie to be reunited again?
"Oh, it's brilliant! It was almost inevitable. I think that they say money doesn't bring you happiness, but in this case they felt like they deserved it, just a little bit of good luck. It really was a series of errors that brought them to the mini-mart to get the scratchcard - it really was down to their last couple of quid in their pocket."

How did you react when you heard they were going to win the lottery?
"When we were told we were going to win the lottery, my first reaction was, 'Are Kat and Alfie going to buy The Vic?' Dom was playing around with all the possibilities and then we got thrown the curveball. We got a call from Dominic saying, 'No, we're taking you out the Square'. My first reaction was 'Why?!'

"Then he said, 'We're going to do a spinoff drama'. Me and Jessie were just... we didn't see it coming. We were like 'Wow, what's this got to do with the lottery?' He said 'nothing', it just sets them on a journey which takes them to Spain, and then how we end up in Ireland is going to be fantastic!"

How do you feel about it all and having your own show?
"Really excited! It's a complete honour! Me and Jessie still giggle over the phone and I pinch myself. It's interesting because there's no blueprint, there's no-one I can speak to, and it's the same with Jessie. It's not as if we can speak to other actors that have done something like that. There's been bubbles but it's always been tied in with the show. With us, the only link with Walford is that we're Kat and Alfie.

"There's going to be new storylines and new characters. Jessie and I are looking forward to reading the scripts. We are still in the dark about what happens - we've got an idea because it's going to be tied in with the storyline when we leave Walford. You'll see how the storylines that come on the screen in May come to fruition in Ireland. It's brilliant and once again it's Dom thinking outside the box, which he does so well."

How do you feel about filming in Ireland?
"Oh, I can't wait! I'll be going home because I come from a big Irish family anyway. You know Jessie and I love a pint of Guinness and just getting our teeth into it, and doing single camera - it's completely different. With something like EastEnders when you're doing multi-camera, you're doing sometimes 20 scenes a day.

"With single camera you end up doing maybe two, three, a maximum of four scenes a day, so it gives you a chance to sit down and rehearse. As lovely as that is, it really is all about the script, so we're really excited. At EastEnders we have some of the best writers on board, so we're just excited, but it still feels like early days yet."

Can you give us a little bit of a teaser about the big news that Alfie receives before he goes?
"It's just the biggest curveball I think Alfie has ever been thrown in his 13 years that I've been there. I've told very few people about it at the moment, but it is a major, major, curveball. It will be interesting to see the reaction. Just when you think they're finding happiness, something like this happens. It's a dark secret which Alfie takes to Ireland with him. The audience will know, but no-one else will."

How does it impact on Alfie leaving Walford?
"He just wants to go. It's typical Alfie putting his head in the sand and not acknowledging what's just happened. That really is evident on the very last scene and you just kind of think 'Oh Alfie'."

How do you think it would impact Kat and Alfie if Kat found out she's got a son out there that she doesn't know about?
"Wow, it just starts another whole big story doesn't it? Just another whole big chapter in the Kat and Alfie saga! Just when you think, 'Oh they're going to live happily ever after!' No, not a hope in hell. I think they're together forever now, they've split up and got back together - that's done. But it's about life's adversities and facing them together, with what the audience know about Kat and also Alfie's secret.

"Once those two stories come together, it will implode, and it will be interesting to see the reaction. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to do anything with June Whitfield, which was a shame but I've known her a long time. I know Jessie was so happy, she just felt like she was working with a legend.

"Once again this is down to Dom - Dom just bringing in wonderful actors and it raises all our games. I would like to think in the future there might be something in Ireland where June comes to Ireland and we can see what happens there."

What was it like filming the final scene?
"It was great! It felt really strange actually because at that time we knew we were going to be doing another show but only a few people knew. We weren't saying goodbye to our characters like you normally would when you leave the show - we're still going to be Kat and Alfie. It's very strange. The other actors were going 'What do you mean you're leaving?' and they didn't know. I was out of the country the day they announced it. It was very odd."

How did everyone react?
"I've not seen anyone yet but it's been great. I've spoken to a few of the cast, though, and they think it's brilliant."

Are you glad Kat and Alfie are getting a happy ending for now?
"For Kat and Alfie as a couple it's a happy ending, we're closing the door on that particular chapter, but a whole new story is starting to open up with both secrets. What's interesting though is that Kat doesn't know what the audience know and Alfie is harbouring his own secret - it's very clever the way it's played."

What will you miss the most about Albert Square?
"It's a home from home! I've been there with my dressing room for so many years. I know everybody - it's like being at school but a really fun school where you know everyone and you have your little habits. It's like I'm going on to a new school, but it's strange because we're still playing the same characters and a lot of the crew will be the same. We're just shooting in a different environment and shooting six one-hour episodes as opposed to the time scale at EastEnders where you shoot four episodes in ten days."

Can you give fans a teaser for the Kat and Alfie drama?
"They can expect nothing like they've seen before! This is Kat and Alfie on a grand scale. This is almost like Kat and Alfie the movie! That's what we're hoping for and it will be massive with big stories. It's about faith, it's about two people's journeys that are finally coming to a head.

"We'll find out who Kat and Alfie really are and the dark secrets they've kept for years and where they're going. It's going to be mystical, dark, explosive, and it's also going to be beautiful."

parkerman
12-05-2015, 09:21
" It's going to be mystical, dark, explosive, and it's also going to be beautiful."

Ah, but will it rock the Emerald Isle and mean that the lives of the inhabitants will never be the same again?

lizann
19-05-2015, 20:08
cancer for alfie, what else could it because

Perdita
19-05-2015, 20:18
Dang, missed most of the episode .. how did Alfie find out he is poorly??

lizann
19-05-2015, 20:30

him and kat doing medical tests to go spain to new pub and dr rang alfie back with bad news

lizann
19-05-2015, 20:30

him and kat doing medical tests to go spain to new pub and dr rang alfie back with bad news

owenlee4me
19-05-2015, 21:14
An STD maybe it came from Kat!!!!

Perdita
21-05-2015, 20:33
Alfie Moon will be hiding the news that he has a brain tumour as he exits EastEnders.

The popular character received the worrying diagnosis in Thursday's episode (May 21), but immediately went into denial over the situation.

Alfie and his wife Kat (Jessie Wallace) had both been for medical check-ups ahead of their planned move to Spain, which led to Alfie being called back for a follow-up appointment.

Thursday's episode saw Alfie learn that a problem had been noticed on his brain, which could be anything from inflammation to a tumour.

A subsequent MRI scan soon revealed that there was a suspicious mass on Alfie's brain, but further tests would be required to determine whether the tumour is benign or malignant.

Despite Alfie being warned that any delay could cause the tumour to grow, he ultimately decided to ignore the situation as he didn't want to spoil his happy ending with Kat.
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/21/618x347/soaps-eastenders-alfie-moon-diagnosed.png
Alfie gets a shock diagnosis in EastEnders
© BBC
Alfie gets a shock diagnosis

Shane Richie, who plays Alfie, had first teased the storyline last week - warning that his character would leave Albert Square with a dark secret.

Speaking at the time, he explained: "It's just the biggest curveball I think Alfie has ever been thrown in his 13 years that I've been there. I've told very few people about it at the moment, but it is a major, major, curveball. It will be interesting to see the reaction.

"Just when you think they're finding happiness, something like this happens. The audience will know, but no-one else will."

Kat and Alfie are taking a break from EastEnders as they will be starring in their own six-part spinoff series for BBC One, which will be set in Ireland.

EastEnders airs the couple's temporary departure tomorrow (May 22) at 8pm on BBC One.

tammyy2j
21-05-2015, 23:26
As the Moons prepare to leave Albert Square, Kat's convinced that something will happen to scupper their plans, and when Sister Judith turns up on her doorstep, it seems her worst fears are about to be realised.

lizann
22-05-2015, 01:37
As the Moons prepare to leave Albert Square, Kat's convinced that something will happen to scupper their plans, and when Sister Judith turns up on her doorstep, it seems her worst fears are about to be realised.

kat twin son must be ireland as they change moving locations

lizann
22-05-2015, 01:37

kat twin son must be ireland as they change moving locations

Kim
22-05-2015, 10:06
I'm starting to think that Mo is in on this after watching the preview clip. I heard something earlier in the week that there's a Mo twist coming soon.

I think the Ruth thought that he was kept by Kat, so I doubt they know where he is.

lizann
22-05-2015, 20:58
I'm starting to think that Mo is in on this after watching the preview clip. I heard something earlier in the week that there's a Mo twist coming soon.

I think the Ruth thought that he was kept by Kat, so I doubt they know where he is.

the twist for mo was she married fat elvis, the nun visit was a waste

lizann
22-05-2015, 20:58

the twist for mo was she married fat elvis, the nun visit was a waste

Perdita
12-07-2015, 18:29
EastEnders star Shane Richie has denied rumours that he is quitting the BBC soap.

Tabloid reports had suggested that Richie was questioning his future as Alfie Moon, but both an EastEnders spokesperson and Richie himself rubbished the claims.

"Shane will be returning to EastEnders," said the spokesperson. "In fact, we already have some dates lined up."

Richie is currently on a break from the soap alongside his on-screen wife Jessie Wallace (Kat). The pair left the Square after they won the lottery and planned to move to Spain, but they will soon star in their own six-part spinoff set in Ireland.

What Kat doesn't know is that Alfie was diagnosed with a brain tumour shortly before the pair left.

Richie said: "I can't wait to start filming our new Kat and Alfie drama. But as I've always said, I will be returning to EastEnders."

Richie's agent Phil Dale added: "My client Shane Richie has always said that he would return to EastEnders. Why wouldn't he? It's his second home, and he loves it!"

Richie first joined the show as Alfie in 2002 and stayed on the Square for three years, before returning in 2010.

Dazzle
12-07-2015, 22:36
...the nun visit was a waste

I'm a bit late commenting on this but I don't think the nun's visit to Kat was a waste, even though she didn't tell her about her secret son in the end. It showed us that she wanted Kat to know about the child even though she felt that wasn't the right time to tell her.

lizann
13-07-2015, 15:59
I'm a bit late commenting on this but I don't think the nun's visit to Kat was a waste, even though she didn't tell her about her secret son in the end. It showed us that she wanted Kat to know about the child even though she felt that wasn't the right time to tell her.

how can she tell kat now unless she follows her to spain and ireland

lizann
13-07-2015, 15:59

Dazzle
13-07-2015, 16:51

She knew Kat's address so she could write to her care of Stacey.

tammyy2j
14-07-2015, 00:26
She knew Kat's address so she could write to her care of Stacey.

Did she know Kat's exact address or just general area of Walford?

I did like both the nun characters so hope we see them again

Dazzle
14-07-2015, 01:21
Did she know Kat's exact address or just general area of Walford?

Kat probably gave them her address when she was at the convent. If not, it'll be easy enough to find out by enquiring about Kat in the Vic.

Rear window
06-09-2015, 22:23
I've been thinking about this. I did wonder if I had missed some episodes as Kat and Alfie had just disappeared. But no, they have gone away and not really been heard of since.

Perhaps the nun will track the child down and tell them who their real mum is?

The whole nun thing was a bit of a washout, unless on Alfie's death, kat is consoled by the nun who spills the beans then.

Rear window
06-09-2015, 22:23
I've been thinking about this. I did wonder if I had missed some episodes as Kat and Alfie had just disappeared. But no, they have gone away and not really been heard of since.

Perhaps the nun will track the child down and tell them who their real mum is?

The whole nun thing was a bit of a washout, unless on Alfie's death, kat is consoled by the nun who spills the beans then.

tammyy2j
06-09-2015, 23:07
Stacey has not mentioned them at all and Mo is away living with Elvis

Perdita
17-10-2015, 05:21
EastEnders will deliver a Christmas treat for fans of Kat and Alfie Moon this December as the popular couple return to Walford.

Kat and Alfie, played by Jessie Wallace and Shane Richie, will head back to Albert Square to visit Stacey Branning over the festive period.

The pair were last seen on screen in May, when they jetted off for a new life in Spain after winning £1 million on a scratch card.

As always, drama will follow the Moons back to Walford and viewers can expect EastEnders to delve back into the two big secrets which hung over Kat and Alfie when they left.

Has Alfie been brave enough to tell Kat that he is suffering from a brain tumour? And how will Kat react when she discovers that she has a secret son she knew nothing about?

With major questions to be answered and on-screen fireworks to come, Kat and Alfie's brief return will pave the way for their upcoming six-part spinoff series on BBC One. The new drama will see the Moons head off to Ireland.

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins teased: "Christmas in Walford is always the perfect time for uncomfortable family reunions - and Kat and Alfie's brief return will lead to tears, laughter and a mountain of secrets being unearthed for the Slater family.

"As Kat and Alfie hold on to each other and their marriage, the discovery that Kat has a secret son will lead to seismic waves through the Slaters - and ultimately lead to the Moons realising that the answers to so many questions lie across the sea in Ireland."

Shane Richie commented: "I'm really excited to be heading back to EastEnders with Jessie this Christmas. It's wonderful to be back in Walford and to be playing out several big twists to Kat and Alfie's story that will set the scene for their new life in Ireland."

Jessie Wallace added: "I can't wait to start filming these episodes. The drama that Kat and Alfie have in store when they return to Walford is huge and although secrets will be revealed, more questions will be raised - leading them to head off to Ireland in search of answers."

Perdita
29-11-2015, 15:35
Jessie Wallace has suffered a broken leg, apparently forcing EastEnders producers to be a bit creative to ensure Kat and Alfie Moon can return to screens as a duo next month.

According to The Mirror, Wallace fell and injured herself while taking her dog Woody out for a stroll.

It was initially feared the break, which reportedly required surgery, would see Wallace miss key scenes as she and on-screen husband Shane Richie prepare to make their comeback.

But it seems the actress has kept up her busy work schedule, with bosses reworking scenes to feature Kat from the waist up.

And just in case they do need a full-length shot, a body double is waiting in the wings.

The news comes days after it was revealed Kat would be at the centre of a tear-jerking storyline on the BBC One soap this Christmas, as a major character leaves the Square for good (click here if you want to know who it is).

Perdita
17-12-2015, 19:15
Kat Moon will fly into a huge rage on EastEnders in the New Year when she finally discovers the shocking truth about her long-lost son.

The popular character's return storyline will see her life change forever, as she learns that she has a grown-up child she knew nothing about.

June Whitfield's character Sister Ruth will reveal the shocking truth to Kat in early January, gently explaining that her daughter Zoe was actually a twin.

Kat had a difficult labour in a convent in 1984 and only remembers the arrival of Zoe, as viewers found out when Sister Ruth was first introduced in May.

Although shocked and curious by the bombshell revelation, Kat's mood later turns to fury when she begins to suspect that her grandmother Mo Harris (Laila Morse) played a significant role in the cover-up.

Whether Kat's theory is right or wrong remains to be seen, but she'll be back to her classic Slater best as she unleashes her wrath on Mo in scenes which kick off 2016 with a bang.

Amid the ferocious rows and recriminations, the Slaters are also soon hit by fresh tragedy when Kat's father Charlie dies of a sudden heart attack shortly after returning to the Square.

It's clear that the pressures of the family drama have taken their toll, but could Charlie have known something about Kat's secret child too?

EastEnders airs these scenes in early January on BBC One.

Perdita
19-12-2015, 10:44
Kat and Alfie are back in Albert Square (albeit briefly) in an extended teaser for the EastEnders Christmas special.

There's a host of familiar faces in the clip above, which sends up the soap's tradition for gloomy Christmas specials with a twist midway through.

At the forefront of the darker half of the clip are the continued unravelling of young Bobby Beale, fallout for the Carters and the feud between the Hubbard and Mitchell families.

Jessie Wallace and Shane Richie are briefly back in Walford for the holidays, before they launch their own BBC One spinoff drama in the new year.

EastEnders airs its Christmas special at 8.45pm on BBC One on Christmas Day.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a777708/kat-and-alfie-return-to-albert-square-in-this-extended-teaser-for-the-eastenders-christmas-special/

Glen1
19-12-2015, 12:35
Looks like some good viewing coming up if the trailer is anything to go by , Bobby Beale particularly. Alfies' reappearance could be edited out as far as I'm concerned. Just hope the episode doesn't keep darting backwards and forwards between the storylines. Otherwise one happy tiger :)

Dazzle
19-12-2015, 13:53
Looks like some good viewing coming up if the trailer is anything to go by , Bobby Beale particularly. Alfies' reappearance could be edited out as far as I'm concerned. Just hope the episode doesn't keep darting backwards and forwards between the storylines. Otherwise one happy tiger :)

I agree, I'm looking forward to EE this Christmas. DTC's special episodes are usually hugely entertaining.

tammyy2j
26-12-2015, 00:11
Good to have Kat back and loved her calling Stacey a slapper :p

Kim
26-12-2015, 01:03
Bit of pot calling the kettle, but then again Kat never allowed a man to think they were the father when they weren't.

lizann
26-12-2015, 01:06

fitting name for both

lizann
26-12-2015, 01:06

fitting name for both

Perdita
26-12-2015, 05:04

Pot calling kettle springs to mind :p

lizann
03-01-2016, 23:43
i think ryan is kat's son and he is on the run in ireland and kat takes whitney with her and alfie to find him, whitney is lost on the show

Perdita
07-01-2016, 14:55
Kat Moon's life was changed forever on EastEnders this week when she discovered that she had a long-lost son she knew nothing about.

Viewers became aware of the huge twist back in May when Kat visited the convent that she had given birth in as a teenager, and speculation has since been rife over who the man - who would now be in his 30s - could be.

Sean Slater was initially at the top of suspect list, with many viewers wondering if it could be related to that mysterious key that his sister Stacey wore around her neck.

Although the story behind the key has now been explained, many fans are still adamant that Sean will be unveiled as Kat's estranged child, in a twist that would be almost as huge as her being revealed as Zoe's mother back in 2001.

However, ever since Sister Ruth (June Whitfield) revealed that Kat's baby son was named Luke by the convent, another theory has started floating around.

Casting our minds back to when Stacey returned in February 2014, Matt Willis was cast as her then-boyfriend - also called Luke.

Although a return for Willis seems unlikely due to his Busted commitments later this year, the rumour mill has already gone into overdrive, with many believing he could fit the description of Kat's grown-up son.

​While some are excited about this possibility, others are wondering whether EastEnders bosses have ​been inspired by Star Wars character Luke Skywalker!

The other theory, of course, is that an unknown actor will be cast as the estranged Slater member, and therefore be a character we have yet to be introduced to.

It has already been mentioned that the newborn was taken in by an Irish family, paving the way for Kat and Alfie's six part spin-off show in Ireland later this year.

Kat's turmoil will continue in tonight's episodes (January 7) airing at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on BBC One.

inkyskin
10-01-2016, 10:54
I'm sure i read somewhere that Luke was the name of the guy stacey was living with when she returned back on the screen....could this be THE Luke???

Perdita
10-01-2016, 11:16
I'm sure i read somewhere that Luke was the name of the guy stacey was living with when she returned back on the screen....could this be THE Luke???

Yes, she lived with Luke Riley. Speculation has hit a high on social media. One viewer posted: "Sean Slater is definitely Kat´s son, it is so obvious because Sean and Zoe are the same age! #EastEnders" .. Will be interesting to see how this pans out :D

lizann
10-01-2016, 22:09
if it were sean, brian and charlie would know so don't think him

maybe a newbie with a big fake oirish accent playing luke slater

lizann
10-01-2016, 22:09
if it were sean, brian and charlie would know so don't think him

maybe a newbie with a big fake oirish accent playing luke slater

Dazzle
15-01-2016, 15:25
Shane Richie confirms Kat and Alfie’s EastEnders spin-off will begin filming in April

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/8386194-low_res-eastenders.jpg?w=748&h=498&crop=1

Shane Richie has confirmed when filming will begin on Kat and Alfie’s EastEnders spin-off.

The soapstar was appearing on The One Show when he said production would embark this April.

‘We start filming in Ireland literally straight after the play. We’re out there for three and a half, four months,’ Shane said.

‘We’re so excited. We know the story – we know Alfie’s got a brain tumour and Kat has a son. We don’t know where it’s being filmed.’

He added: ‘Tomorrow we’ve got a big meeting where we’ll be looking at scripts. We haven’t got a title for it at the moment, but all we know is that it’s gonna be massive.’

Kat and Alfie will travel to Ireland in search of her son after she learned that she didn’t just give birth to Zoe Slater when she was 13, but twins.

First the onscreen couple will appear on stage together for the first time in Peter James’ No.1 best-selling thriller The Perfect Murder.

Jessie and Shane do love a bit of drama!

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/13/shane-richie-confirms-kat-and-alfies-eastenders-spin-off-will-begin-filming-in-april-5619368/

Perdita
17-01-2016, 05:58
EastEnders' Kat and Alfie spinoff is coming together and it's now been revealed there's a "dark secret" at the centre of the storyline. :eek: Really? Who would have thought!! :D

Shane Richie and Jessie Wallace appeared on Irish chatshow The Late Late Show on Friday night (January 16), with Richie confirming he's read the first script for the series - which is set in Ireland.

"There's a whole new universe for Kat and Alfie," the actor explained. "I've managed to read the first script. I can't tell you where it's set, but it's all Irish cast and crew.

"But where we're going is absolutely beautiful. And it's a whole world where Kat and Alfie come into the first episode, we turn up in this village where there's a real dark secret.

"You want the audience to go: 'No Kat and Alfie, you shouldn't be there. You shouldn't be there...'"

Interesting. Speaking about EastEnders, Wallace said that she likes Kat and Alfie's offbeat storylines, and admitted that Kat having a long-lost son without knowing anything about it was a bit silly.

"[The stories are] completely bonkers!" she enthused. "That's what makes Kat and Alfie so interesting. They'd be boring, they wouldn't be interesting if they sat in front of a telly all day, reading the paper do you know what I mean?"

Laughing about Kat also having a son when she gave birth to Zoe, the actress continued: "I don't know what to say! Well, she was so out of it and obviously it was before she had a scan. And she didn't know she had twins. She just didn't know.

"Even though it seems a little bit ridiculous that she didn't know she had a son, but she was – I'm trying to justify it – she was completely out of it and didn't know she had another child."

On the infamous baby swap storyline from 2011, Richie added: "There was one storyline we played that at times, it felt like it split the audience and that was when we played the cot death.

"We did a lot of research about that and ultimately that turned into a bit of a farce, I suppose, for want of a better word. It became a baby swap story. But to play the whole cot death, we spent time with, sadly, couples who had lost children.

"And so we did our research and playing that was tough because we've both got children and we put our heart and soul into it."

Kat and Alfie's EastEnders spinoff will kick off filming in April, before airing in the autumn.

Rear window
17-01-2016, 08:55
From what my mum says about the pethidine they gave her when she was having us she could have had twins and not know a thing.

Dazzle
20-01-2016, 16:37
EastEnders spoilers: Alfie and Kat Moon will NOT be returning after their spin-off

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/9923430-low_res-eastenders.jpg?w=748&h=498&crop=1

EastEnders actor Shane Richie has revealed that his alter ego Alfie Moon and his wife Kat will not be returning to the main show in the near future following their spin-off series that will be set in Ireland.

The characters are about to depart Walford again to go in search of Kat’s long-lost son, a journey that will be documented in a six episode special to be broadcast this autumn.

But fans of the couple who were hoping that they would then come back to Albert Square are in for a disappointment.

The actor told This Morning: ‘We leave on screen and we’re not coming back as far as we know. That’s Kat and Alfie gone. We could come back but it all depends what happens in Ireland.’

Any minute now @itvthismorning (https://twitter.com/itvthismorning)
pic.twitter.com/ym9QBUWMGi (https://t.co/ym9QBUWMGi)

— Shane Richie (@realshanerichie) January 20, 2016

Discussing the special, he revealed: ‘I can’t tell you how exciting it is. It’s a real, dark story. When I was reading it, I kept thinking half-way through that Kat and Alfie have to get out of this village but they don’t. It’s a stand alone drama and nothing to do with EastEnders except for that it’s Kat and Alfie. A whole new universe has been created.’

Filming for the spin-off commences in April.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/20/eastenders-spoilers-alfie-and-kat-moon-will-not-be-returning-after-their-spin-off-5634185/

Rear window
20-01-2016, 16:38
[I][SIZE="4"]

The actor told This Morning: ‘We leave on screen and we’re not coming back as far as we know.

.. But unless they're bumped off then maybe, and then even if they are then it's possible.

Rear window
20-01-2016, 16:38
[I][SIZE="4"]

The actor told This Morning: ‘We leave on screen and we’re not coming back as far as we know.

.. But unless they're bumped off then maybe, and then even if they are then it's possible.

Dazzle
20-01-2016, 17:10

Yes, I think Shane means DTC has no plans to bring them back. Another EP might think differently of course. Alfie might even die of his brain tumour. (If so, hopefully we'll see a body so he can't be resurrected!)

As someone who's not a fan of Kat and Alfie, I'm glad there's no plans for their return. I'm puzzled about why the EE team went to the trouble of retconning a son for Kat if he isn't coming to live in Albert Square though. :hmm:

Perdita
20-01-2016, 17:34
That just does not make sense, as far as I know, they are still popular but might have lost some popularity when Kat had this stupid affair with Derek, which again did not make sense ... stupid storyline from start to finish as far as I am concerned. If they really are not meant to come back, for a long time at least, I hope that the spin-off will shed light on Kat´s son and a reunion ... then leave it at that .. I know it does not make for drama but surely most viewers would like to see a rare happy ending for once??

Dazzle
20-01-2016, 17:44
That just does not make sense, as far as I know, they are still popular but might have lost some popularity when Kat had this stupid affair with Derek, which again did not make sense ... stupid storyline from start to finish as far as I am concerned. If they really are not meant to come back, for a long time at least, I hope that the spin-off will shed light on Kat´s son and a reunion ... then leave it at that .. I know it does not make for drama but surely most viewers would like to see a rare happy ending for once??

I don't know if they are popular with most viewers any more. I can't stand Alfie, and think Kat can be a good character - but she can also be intolerable. I've seen many similar opinions elsewhere.

Of course Shane could be lying about there being no plans to bring them back to keep the ending of the spin-off a surprise.

maidmarian
20-01-2016, 18:03
I don't know if they are popular with most viewers any more. I can't stand Alfie, and think Kat can be a good character - but she can also be intolerable. I've seen many similar opinions elsewhere.

Of course Shane could be lying about there being no plans to bring them back to keep the ending of the spin-off a surprise.

I agree -I think Alfie was dreadful from the start.
He always sounds to me as tho hes mocking
someone with certain difficulties- my opinon.
I can stand Kat when she gets a realistic story
- which is not often.

So I suppose they are a Soap producers/ SWs
idea of perfect couple.!!

Even my die-hard Southern rellies have/are going
off him!!

As for new universe ?? How self-important
can he get

Perdita
20-01-2016, 18:10
I remember they used to be very popular indeed and I remember the viewers being excited when they were brought back.. as I said earlier, I think the storylines fore them have let them down, short term excitement maybe but not for me. Shame really. Will I miss them if they really don´t come back? No, to be honest, I would not, not many Slaters left and no more Moons ... maybe it is the right time to put an end to Kalfie or whatever they were called :)

Perdita
21-01-2016, 06:02
But there's bigger - and more sinister - things ahead for the soap's beloved Kat and Alfie, if Shane Richie's comments are anything to go by.

Speaking to Digital Spy after the awards, Richie and co-star Jessie Wallace teased the upcoming spin-off series that will see their characters head to Ireland to search for Kat's long-lost son.

Viewers who are expecting to see the standard EastEnders formula with some Irish accents thrown in are in for a surprise, according to Richie.

He said: "It's a bit like Broadchurch meets The Wicker Man. I've read the first script - about a third of the way through I was going, 'No, Kat and Alfie, turn around, you should not be there'."

While the six-part series features two of Albert Square's most recognisable faces, the drama has "absolutely nothing to do with EastEnders", Shane added.

The pair also spoke about the "bittersweet" return of Ross Kemp as Grant Mitchell, when his character returns to see his dying mother Peggy, as Barbara Windsor says goodbye to the show for good.

Does this mean we will never see her son on Albert Square??? Never going to meet his other family?

Dazzle
21-01-2016, 11:20
Does this mean we will never see her son on Albert Square??? Never going to meet his other family?

The more I think about it, the more I realise it doesn't make sense that Kat won't return to Albert Square. Why go to the trouble of casting a new Belinda or writing in a secret son if she's gone for good?

Rear window
21-01-2016, 11:24
The more I think about it, the more I realise it doesn't make sense that Kat won't return to Albert Square. Why go to the trouble of casting a new Belinda or writing in a secret son if she's gone for good?

Yes it doesn't make sense unless Belinda is suddenly going to move to the square?

Rear window
21-01-2016, 11:24

Yes it doesn't make sense unless Belinda is suddenly going to move to the square?

sarah c
21-01-2016, 13:03

Belinda will never ( or would never) return to the Square as she married to move out, act posh and pretend she wasn't a slater??

tammyy2j
21-01-2016, 13:21
Stacey needs someone around her so if Kat is gone and Jean and Big Mo won't return then Belinda could but she and Stacey don't seem very close

I think Kat and her son if alive need to come back to the main show

Perdita
01-02-2016, 15:31
Ireland can put their mind at ease - Shane Richie has promised that the upcoming EastEnders Irish spinoff will be respectful to the country.

The last time the BBC soap went to Ireland in 1997, the episodes sparked controversy over their portrayal of Irish life. The BBC even issued an apology afterwards.

But Richie told the Irish Examiner that EastEnders won't be repeating the same mistakes.

"The kneejerk reaction was that, 'Oh, EastEnders are going to come over here and play the dopey card'. That's not the case," he said.

"The producer, Dominic Treadwell-Collins, is from a big Cork family. He wants to set the record straight."

Richie also revealed that numerous scenes from the tragic cot death storyline back in 2011 had to be cut and reshot.

"We've both got children, and you obviously tap into that when you are acting," he explained.

"There was a lot of stuff that didn't make it on screen. The funeral, which had a little coffin, was shot on a closed set and we just went to pieces. We were a mess.

"The producers watched and said they couldn't put it out. They felt it was too real. We were gutted - the whole thing had to be reshot."

EastEnders airs on BBC One.

Perdita
25-02-2016, 12:36
EastEnders star Shane Richie wants Kat and Alfie Moon's upcoming spinoff show to be a returning series. :eek:

The popular Walford couple will take centre stage in their very own six-part drama later this year, which has the working title of Redwater.

Redwater will be set in Ireland after the Moons decide to move there to seek answers over Kat's long-lost son. Although only one series has been confirmed, Richie has high hopes for the project's long-term future.

"At the moment we are committed to one series, and like anything if it does well, we'd like to think it will be ongoing," he told the Daily Record. "With the storylines we've heard, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a long runner. That's the plan.

"Kat and Alfie have set up in Ireland and will they stay there? I'd love to think I would spend three or four months of the year filming in Ireland and going out there with my family."

Kat and Alfie's exits from Walford were originally billed as a break from the show, but Richie and his on-screen wife Jessie Wallace have since appeared more coy about whether they'll actually be back.

And asked whether we could ever see the couple back running the Queen Vic again (what would Danny Dyer say?), Richie replied: "That's probably it now, unless something drastic happens and they say we need Kat and Alfie back to run the pub. They are coping fine without us."

Richie recently told Digital Spy that Kat and Alfie's show is "a bit like Broadchurch meets The Wicker Man".

He said last month: "I've read the first script - about a third of the way through I was going, 'No, Kat and Alfie, turn around, you should not be there'

Perdita
14-05-2017, 07:28
Two years since it was first announced, the EastEnders spinoff Redwater will finally hit our screens and tell us what happened to Kat and Alfie after they left the Square.

The six-episode run will answer questions like 'who is Kat's son?', and ex-EastEnders boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins, who was involved in the spinoff, says there are plenty more avenues to explore should the show get another series.

Speaking to The Sun, he said: "We've talked about who could come in for series two and I've always said that you could delve into Alfie's dad.

Alfie's actor Shane Richie chipped in to say: "Alfie's always believed that his mum and dad were killed, I said to Dom that they went into witness protection."

Dominic joked that that was exactly what happened and added: "I would bring Michael Crawford in as Shane's father. That would be a gift."

Dominic Treadwell-Collins also spoke to Digital Spy about the possibility of a second series (among many other things), stating that although he was no longer at the BBC, he's worked to set up a second run as best he can.

"Throughout the series, we have very carefully laid down secrets and hinted at other characters," he explained. "The end of this series will feel like a midpoint – not an ending.

"We leave it on the mother of all cliffhangers at the end of episode six."

Kat and Alfie: Redwater will begin on Thursday, May 18 at 8pm on BBC One.

Digital Spy

Perdita
21-07-2017, 10:42
EastEnders star Shane Richie looks set to relaunch his music career after signing a brand new album deal.

The actor – who is known for his role as Alfie Moon in the BBC soap – has signed on the dotted line with Warner-owned label East West Records.

Shane's recording an Americana album inspired by his musical heroes and the contemporary country scene, which is set to be released in the autumn.

Speaking about the news, he said: "I've always been a huge fan of new country, so I'm really excited to have the opportunity to record this album.

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter
Follow
East West Records ✔ @EastWestRecords
@EastWestRecords are proud to announce the signing of the entertainer and singer, the amazing @realshanerichie 💪📝👉 http://eastwestrecords.co.uk/artists/shane-richie/ …
11:00 AM - 20 Jul 2017
13 13 Retweets 62 62 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

"I'm looking forward to working with East West Records and can't wait to share my music with you."

Shane is no stranger to the music industry, having already released two albums in 1997 and 2000.

In 2003, his Children in Need cover version of Wham's 'I'm Your Man' peaked at number two in the charts, while his son Jake Roche is the lead singer in popular band Rixton.

https://youtu.be/J9399a3Xq-Q

More recently, fans have seen Shane star in EastEnders spinoff Redwater, which followed Kat and Alfie to Ireland in search of her long-lost son.

With currently no word on whether the series will be renewed, speculation has been rife over whether the Moons could return to EastEnders as part of new boss John Yorke's plans to turn the show around.

Digital Spy

lizann
24-10-2017, 18:44
ee announcement tonight is it the return of moon slater family

parkerman
24-10-2017, 19:08
Thank you. I am completely underwhelmed by the news.....

lizann
24-10-2017, 19:47
Thank you. I am completely underwhelmed by the news.....

i could be wrong and you could be overwhelmed :p

Perdita
24-10-2017, 19:59
I missed the first half .. what was the announcement?

lizann
24-10-2017, 20:03
I missed the first half .. what was the announcement?

ian's ex mel returning

Rear window
24-10-2017, 20:42
ian's ex mel returning

oh is that who it is. hadn't got a clue.

tammyy2j
20-12-2017, 22:18
Jessie Wallace returning as Kat

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5196631/Jessie-Wallace-set-return-EastEnders-Early-2018

Perdita
21-12-2017, 07:39
Jessie Wallace returning as Kat

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5196631/Jessie-Wallace-set-return-EastEnders-Early-2018

Pointless without Alfie ...

Kim
21-12-2017, 09:53
Given they've said she's returning without her kids, I think they've given the game away they'll follow later.

If not, hatchet job complete on Kat's character if it wasn't already.

Digital Spy version which says she's minus the kids: http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a845897/eastenders-bringing-back-jessie-wallace-as-kat-slater-big-mo-jean-slater-returning-too/

Perdita
21-12-2017, 10:54
I only look forward to the return of Mo and Jean ... not missed Kat or Alfie at all since they left

lizann
21-12-2017, 11:31
alfie is dead kat a widow new romance for jack that is the online chatter

Perdita
21-12-2017, 13:57
alfie is dead kat a widow new romance for jack that is the online chatter

She going to become blonde? :p

Perdita
22-12-2017, 19:57
EastEnders return for Shane Richie as Alfie Moon could still happen someday

EastEnders fans shouldn't give up hope for an eventual reunion of Kat and Alfie in Walford just yet.

The BBC One soap made the surprising announcement earlier this week that Jessie Wallace will be returning to EastEnders in the New Year for a bombshell Slater family storyline — only without Alfie (Shane Richie) by her side.

Kat will reappear in Albert Square along with Big Mo (Laila Morse) and Jean Slater (Gillian Wright) to set Stacey (Lacey Turner) straight following her horrific encounter with Max Branning (Jake Wood) over Christmas.

EastEnders offered no definitive answers on the whereabouts of Alfie, who viewers last saw flatlining on the operating table in the series finale of the spin-off Kat & Alfie: Redwater earlier in the year.

But just as Kat survived a near-drowning in that same episode, there's fresh hope that Alfie will also recover from his brain tumour. Earlier this week, The Mirror questioned EastEnders' interim producer John Yorke about whether Alfie could return at some point.

"Alfie will always be a part of the EastEnders family," Yorke assured the news outlet.

While that's not confirming that Kat and Alfie will be reunited next year in Walford, it's at least an indication that Alfie hasn't kicked the bucket quite yet.

Shane Richie previously tipped that Kat and Alfie miraculously survived their Redwater cliffhanger back in October while discussing a potential return to EastEnders.

"Thankfully, Kat and Alfie are not dead. That's as much as I know," he confirmed. "You know what I love? Every time you get actors, they always say, 'Never say never'. And I've watched and I've gone, 'Shut up, never say never'.

"Because all these actors make out it's their decision whether they go back or not, and it's b*****ks. It's never their decision.

"So I'd like to sit here and go, 'Maybe I'll see how I feel about it'. Trust me, if I get the phone call from EastEnders... I loved being there. I've got a lot of friends that are still there.

"If I got the phone call to come back, I'd love the idea."

In the meantime, you're probably most likely to catch Shane at your local honkytonk as he promotes his new album A Country Soul. Yee-haw!

lizann
08-02-2018, 21:48
Big Mo Harris will arrive back in Albert Square and will break the news to friends and neighbours that Kat has passed away

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/08/eastenders-spoilers-walford-hears-kat-moon-died-returns-7296408/?ito=cbshare

Perdita
09-02-2018, 05:11
Big Mo Harris will arrive back in Albert Square and will break the news to friends and neighbours that Kat has passed away

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/08/eastenders-spoilers-walford-hears-kat-moon-died-returns-7296408/?ito=cbshare

Fake news though ????

parkerman
09-02-2018, 09:45
But the report's from The Sun, Perdy. Surely you are not suggesting that The Sun would report fake news? :rotfl:

Perdita
09-02-2018, 10:55
But the report's from The Sun, Perdy. Surely you are not suggesting that The Sun would report fake news? :rotfl:

Of course not :angel: I mean the news of her passing is fake news, she is not dead really?? ;)

tammyy2j
13-03-2018, 15:33
Is the events in Redwater and Kat's son going to be ignored?

Perdita
13-03-2018, 15:56
Is the events in Redwater and Kat's son going to be ignored?

They can't be, surely... Kat must explain how it comes she is still alive and did not drown?

lizann
19-03-2018, 20:40
no return of tommy and twins?

Perdita
22-03-2018, 04:33
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a852894/shane-richie-eastenders-return-alfie-moon-kat-slater-jessie-wallace-reunion/

Only matter of time for him to return too ... what will they all do though? Take over the Vic again ???

lizann
24-05-2018, 20:49
mr. moon returns

lizann
02-08-2018, 22:48
did it explain why alfie has the kids and will not let kat see them

kaz21
03-08-2018, 18:49
did it explain why alfie has the kids and will not let kat see them
Tommy burnt himself, whilst kat was supposed to be looking after them. She was actually upstairs having an affair at the time.

lizann
03-08-2018, 23:14
Tommy burnt himself, whilst kat was supposed to be looking after them. She was actually upstairs having an affair at the time.

another affair for kat, does she ever ever ever learn

Perdita
15-11-2018, 07:59
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a870629/eastenders-alfie-kate-moon-reunion-pictures/

Alfie back ..

lizann
15-11-2018, 14:32
hayley's baby daddy alfie secret revealed to kat at christmas which leads her to making a move on mick and stuart and jack, naughty kat again

lizann
26-12-2018, 00:33
hayley's baby daddy alfie secret revealed to kat at christmas which leads her to making a move on mick and stuart and jack, naughty kat again

so it was max she made the move on and is alfie dead, who can run blue moon funerals now

lizann
08-01-2019, 22:41
alfie off again with cherry, deja vu

lizann
26-01-2020, 01:28
jessie suspended for an incident

mysangry
01-02-2020, 17:37
Bit puzzled as to what has happened to Baby Cherry, no sign of her or Hayley, strange how people just vanish and are never seen again!

lizann
01-02-2020, 19:57
Bit puzzled as to what has happened to Baby Cherry, no sign of her or Hayley, strange how people just vanish and are never seen again!

all kat's kids are missing

kaz21
02-02-2020, 10:22
All kids are missing except illy at the moment.

lizann
17-02-2020, 02:25
All kids are missing except illy at the moment.

lily is with stacey and her new fella

lizann
21-06-2022, 18:09
The actress, best known for playing Kat Slater, was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer and drunk and disorderly conduct.

A BBC spokesperson told Metro.co.uk: ?Senior bosses have spoken to Jessie Wallace about the incident and issued a clear warning that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable and Jessie has expressed her deep regret.?

lizann
08-07-2022, 21:31
shane is returning as alfie