PDA

View Full Version : Baby arrested!

Treacle
09-06-2005, 13:05
Apparently a baby was arrested and held overnight (in some foreign country or whatever) because their father apparently used the buggy for stealing. They were arrested for being an accomplice. The next day they were released because they were a baby. The baby was 1 years old apparently. The good thing is the father looked after the baby overnight in the cell.
I'm shocked at this. I can't remember what country it was in, maybe America or Canada?
Anyways it's awful no matter where it is.

daisy38
09-06-2005, 13:06
Oh My GOD!

chance
09-06-2005, 13:14
whats the world coming too?

Treacle
09-06-2005, 14:15
I know but in Thailand they can arrest 5 year olds! I remember back in the nineties when that 7 year old got arrested for theft.

dddMac1
09-06-2005, 14:53
i heard about that

Treacle
09-06-2005, 15:25
It's awfully terrible. The law needs changing.

$sTaCeY$
10-06-2005, 08:32
OMG who has got the nerve to go and arrest a baby or a child!

willow
10-06-2005, 09:40
Omg!!!!!

Treacle
10-06-2005, 11:23
OMG who has got the nerve to go and arrest a baby or a child!
In some countries, it's allowed.

Siobhan
10-06-2005, 11:46
In some countries, it's allowed.

I am glad it is not this country.. some babies, around 1 - 2 year olds, pick things up and walk out of shop with them without realising it is a crime.. how can they arrest a child.. they can't tell the difference between right and wrong?

Treacle
10-06-2005, 12:02
I think it's just these foreign countries Siobhan where they have dodgy laws.

Siobhan
10-06-2005, 12:43
I think it's just these foreign countries Siobhan where they have dodgy laws.

Yep would seem so.. some laws in eastern countries are seriously bad... especially where women and children are concerned :thumbsdow

Treacle
10-06-2005, 12:49
I would hate to be on the wrong side of their laws, I'd rather be on the wrong side of ours!

dddMac1
10-06-2005, 16:22
i don't think it is right that an inocent baby is Arrested

Treacle
10-06-2005, 16:40
The baby wasn't innocent to them though, it was an accomplice.

Trinity
10-06-2005, 16:47
This one is different, some kid in Canada was dialling 911 and hanging up, the police attended and discovered that his father was some wanted criminal and arrested him!

Moral - Teach you kids not to play with phones!

Child Calls Police, Father Arrested

June 6, 2005

A Burnaby father, who didn't teach his child not to play with the phone, is probably having some regrets today.

The child called 9-1-1 on Thursday night, then hung up. Police went to the home on Berwick Court to see if there was an emergency. They found the child's 33-year old father, determined that he was a wanted man, and promptly arrested him.

Siobhan
10-06-2005, 16:50
The baby wasn't innocent to them though, it was an accomplice.

:rotfl: that is just a complete joke.. "hey son, do you want to help me smuggle drugs"
"sure dad" poor child probably could walk or talk let alone make a decision to be a smuggler

Abi
10-06-2005, 16:56
omg, i cant beleive that they could do that

Trinity
10-06-2005, 16:58
I haven't been able to find any reference to it on the net - where did it happen?

Trinity
10-06-2005, 17:03
Got it - it was Mexico!

Ananova:
One-year-old arrested

A one-year-old baby was arrested and spent the night in prison in Mexico.

The baby was arrested in Puerto Progresso when his father, Roger Sagundo was caught trying to steal six vodka bottles from a supermarket La Cuarta reports.

Mr Sagundo put the bottles on the baby trolley and tried to leave the supermarket, but was caught by security.

Police spokesperson said: "The policeman who got there first thought it was the right thing to do to list the baby as an accomplice, because the bottles were in his trolley."

"Father and son were sent to prison but only in the next morning the policeman on duty at prison realised the son was a baby."

How could he not know ihe was a baby!!!!!:eek:

squarelady
10-06-2005, 17:03
It's not like the baby really had a choice in the matter. Are you sure the baby didn't just stay in the cell with the father because there was no where else it could go?

Trinity
10-06-2005, 17:05
No - see above, the must have badly trained policemen on on nights in Mexico!

Treacle
10-06-2005, 17:34
The baby was held because it was the one with the stolen goods. The father had to stay with the baby though. The actual article means the mother so the baby could have gone with her.

Treacle
10-06-2005, 17:35
Got it - it was Mexico!

Ananova:
One-year-old arrested

A one-year-old baby was arrested and spent the night in prison in Mexico.

The baby was arrested in Puerto Progresso when his father, Roger Sagundo was caught trying to steal six vodka bottles from a supermarket La Cuarta reports.

Mr Sagundo put the bottles on the baby trolley and tried to leave the supermarket, but was caught by security.

Police spokesperson said: "The policeman who got there first thought it was the right thing to do to list the baby as an accomplice, because the bottles were in his trolley."

"Father and son were sent to prison but only in the next morning the policeman on duty at prison realised the son was a baby."

How could he not know ihe was a baby!!!!!:eek:
OMG this is a different one I think the one I read came from Thailand.