PDA

View Full Version : Alan Turner return?

tkk_bolly
02-02-2010, 15:26
I read on Wikipedia that he is Richard Thorp will return to Emmerdale in 2010. Is it true?

lizann
02-02-2010, 15:30
Where is tubby turner anyways?

Perdita
02-02-2010, 16:59
He is meant to have broken a hip in a bike accident but not sure where he had the accident

tkk_bolly
02-02-2010, 17:26
Actor or character had an sccident? If Alan had an accident, it was shown or only mentioned?

Perdita
02-02-2010, 18:02
Character, Betty and Pearl or Edna were talking about him the other day in the cafe

tammyy2j
12-03-2010, 10:08
Emmerdale veteran Richard Thorp has returned to filming at the soap after taking a leave of absence for health reasons, Digital Spy can confirm.

The 78-year-old, who plays Alan Turner on the Yorkshire-based drama, has been recuperating for the past eight months after having his right knee replaced.

However, Thorp is now on the road to recovery and finally went back to work last week. He is due to return to screens in six weeks' time.

In an interview with the Evening Courier, the actor joked that he is keen to show Emmerdale fans that he is still alive after such a long break.

He explained: "I was hobbling round the supermarket the other week when I heard one woman say to her friend, 'Isn't that Alan Turner over there?' Her friend replied, 'Don't be silly, it can't possibly be - he's dead!'"

Speaking of his recovery, he added: "I have had to learn to walk again and didn't drive for four months."

An Emmerdale spokesperson this evening told DS: "We are delighted to have Richard back on set after such a long time off and we are sure the audience will be pleased to see him back on the show. "

Thorp has been a cast member on Emmerdale since 1982.

RuebenClara
15-03-2010, 21:15
I thought Alan Turner was dead! I was sure that his daughter pushed him off a cliff. Oh well, maybe it was just my hyperactive imagination. I am glad he is back. He is a superb actor and his character contributed a lot to the soap.

lizann
24-05-2013, 23:24
is alan on holidays with betty? i wonder when he will die on screen

Perdita
25-05-2013, 05:29
He was in the Woolpack a couple of days ago, must have been filming pretty much right up to his death